Physics

Talk about game physics here.

Have there been games with permanent ground changes or good ground physics? As in, you fight a gigantic enemy, its feet cause craters every step they make, so now you have more and new terrain to run around, or if they attack, they can change the terrain permanently? If so, which games were good at this?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.8ch.net/file_store/5c142e7364ac4f76f1ed6eb30985a974223562dae813bd7ae39552275ea7fccf.webm/30fps_demo_lewd_VP8_002.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you find games making use of physics cool have a peek at Exanima/Sui Generis.

Oh man, that was beautiful. Is the game any good?

It's pretty fun but it has a good deal of work to be done as it's in early access. The devs are fairly consistent with keeping the community updated on their progress but it's taken them like four years to get to this point.

That being said it's still fun. It takes a while to get used to the controls but it's fairly solid and fun once you get good. It also has one of the best armour systems I've seen in any game.

Nvidia keeps promising realistic real time hair physics for years but it never comes through. There was also that project about awesome cloth physics but that never went anywhere either. At this point, games should just focus on the kind of physics that doesn't allow for better smashing and none of the annoying invincible walls and environment. If I smash that wall and make a crater in the ground, it better stay that way and not suffer terrain regeneration. Fuck any buildings too if I feel like it.

You're not talking about physics, OP; you're talking about fully destructable environments. It's completely different, and few games can really manage it because it tends to fuck up and you fall through the ground into the void.

What about Spintires?

Alice madness has osme of the best hair physics, and even that is far from perfect.

Worms Armageddon.

Closest thing I can think of is in Pikmin 3 you fight a boss called the Quaggled Mireclops in a muddy pit and it moves the mud around creating puddles for your pikmin to drown in.

In motion none of the attacks look like they have any weight behind them.

I WANT A GAME WITH REAL TIME BOOB PHYSICS AND CONTROLLABLE HANDS TO GROPE THEM WITH

VR Kanojo?

Red Faction Guerrilla had the best terrain/building destruction bar none. Nothing will ever beat ramming a truck full of mines into an enemy watchtower or dropping a ton of steel girders through a multi-floor building.

Bad Company 2, and maybe some of the other BF games too.

From what I remember, the terrain can not be altered, only buildings and vehicles can be.

You're right. 1 and have the terrain deformation, Guerrilla has 9/11 simulator.

have breast physics gone too far?

Post butt physics

Gameplay was pretty shit, but I thought Backbreaker was an ok first attempt at applying physics to a sports game. Probably could have done better and seen some evolution/improvements if EA and the NFL hadn't jew'd everyone else out of the license.

Tip: Mute the video, unless you enjoy shitty "music".

fps
media.8ch.net/file_store/5c142e7364ac4f76f1ed6eb30985a974223562dae813bd7ae39552275ea7fccf.webm/30fps_demo_lewd_VP8_002.webm

My brother and I used to spend hours making tunnels around the maps for no reason than we could. That shit was fucking awesome.

There's practically zero percent change of a group of retards killing that thing. It has too much armor, it's too big, any hit would be at best like hitting a person with a straw.

maybe
the problem in this webm actually is already fixed

Flat is justice.

In Populous the Beginning you can create a land bridge by casting a spell. You can also summon a volcano/earthquake on the enemy base that permanently change the terrain. It's a RTS game though.

in graviteam tactics artillery and tank shots/treads will deform the ground and then your soldiers will use the holes as fox holes and your tanks will be retarded sometimes and get stuck in them depending on the size
or just straight up drive into fucking rivers

Who trains these drivers?