Is there any JRPG where you play as a bad guy?

Is there any JRPG where you play as a bad guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v3947
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4zkW8_SXfjnUzRQN0xRQ1FvanM/view?usp=sharing**
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Breath of Fire IV.

Xenoblade X

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

FFXIII

Uncommon Time

How's it? I've seen thread about it, thought it was some cancerous shit.

Chrono Cross
Baten Kaidos
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter

You know I am right.

WW2 JRPG? Now I want to play that.

Live A Live.

Valkyria chronicles, persona 2 and shadow hearts is the closest you can get on that theme.

Just fucking kill me.

when are they going to translate the other games?

20 hours of gameplay!
Those 20 hours being comprised of an autistic grind that sees you fighting endless hoards of rtp enemies, and enough WORDS to make B^U seem like a children's book.
Also, save for Teagan, not a single likable character. They're all insufferable cunts, and we're supposed to side with them over her. It's like assigned male: the video game

I am ashamed of you, Holla Forums. I wanted to wait till someone will say it, but i guess Lucifer is a good goy.

I can't argue with those quads.

*Quints
fuck me.

Most of the Disgaea games.

Lucifer confirmed for jewish puppet! (Must've been some serious con artistry from the kikes to put one over on HIM…)

Fuck, i suddenly remembered there's a big fuckload of similar games. Not typical jrpgs though, but fills the niche.

Hows Witch and the Hundred Knight on PS4?

I remember playing that one about ten years ago on my phone. The party consisted of a vampire, a little girl vampire and two slave skeletons of that vampire. I think one of the skeletons turns on you by the end or something.
I remember that in that game I went around and shot up churches like I was american, so I'm pretty sure you play a bad guy.

Does Makai Kingdom really count? I mean, everyone in that game is a villain.

Good is a point of view user.

If you mean FFXII then while Ashe is indeed the actual "Bad Guy" as a pawn of the Occuria, you mainly play as Vaan due being locked into him for towns, and there is nothing villainous with highjacking a Overlords hunt for magical Nukes into becoming muscle for Monster-Anticimex.

Alright, what "game" is this?

I'm interested.

And for the thread, the Overlord series of course.

Bunny Black, there are part 1 and 2 translated.

vndb.org/v3947

I'm fairly certain that it's from an eroge called Black Rabbit, or something like that. Maybe from the sequel.

Teagan isn't even that good a character. It's just that everyone around Teagan is so shit, that Teagan looks absolutely perfect by comparison.

It's like, you're in a dark mineshaft with absolutely no light anywhere, and someone lights a match. A match ain't no 1000 lumen spotlight, but when you're surrounded by absolute darkness, that thing's going to look like God's own sun.

Does the Gamecube emulator work yet? You can try that. It's not the best game but if you like JRPGs you'll want to play it despite the card bullshit.

Drakengard

You open up a whole can of worms with that, asshat. If you count ending E then Nier, Drakengard 3, and Nier Automata also are "you play at the badguy"

meme magic

You make me sick.

Kill me, Pete.

Tactics Ogre

It's an arguable case, because although you can do some horrible things in the game (the first major story branch is the best example), it's all justified. It's not so much playing a bad guy as much as it is playing a good guy willing to do bad things, in the hopes that the ends will justify the means.

I want to kiss his face.

I would not say in Trillion you are the bad guy, more just an disgruntled crippled man fighting back against an amoral being

Word to the wise, Part two is a good deal harder than part one, and Part three is all the raping you do in the last 2 games happening to your ass.

Reminder that its only playable in PS4 or if you know moonrunes PS3&4

But you don't get to play as Yuna.

Nigga don't even. You'd maybe have some argument if the story took place many generations before it did, but by the time of the actual events the world was fully recovered and there was no danger on the surface save the potential danger of mankind doing it all over again some time in the much further future. You're no better than the antispirals.

Technically Fate/Stay Night
Dewprism/Threads of Fate
Mega Man Zero
Devil Survivor
Dawn of Sorrow
Order of Ecclesia (for a little bit)
Demon's Souls (depending)
Silent Hill
Live a Live

Not sure if he stays on the evil side, but the protagonist of Dark Kingdom SFC is a mercenary working for the devil to conquer the world, or something. English translation never ever. From wikipedia:

Think Dark Half also has you play as a villain half the time, but I might be wrong.

And you don't get to kill him unless you're Japanese.

They botched the PS4 port?

The fuck?

nah, the ps4 rerelease port is ok, i havent read any ps4 blowing up.

Sengoku Rance

The fuck are you talking about?

You don't get to kill him either way. What are you on about?

Fou-Lu kills him in the credits. Or one of his stone dogs. I forget which. It was one of the cut elements that was left out of the western release of BoFIV, along with decapitation of the King, Ryu peeking on Nina & Ursula bathing, and Ursula dropping her trousers/skivvies to prove a point to the sailors before the group was allowed on the boat.

See for yourself.

That whore doesn't hold a candle to Forze. For one how many women have a on-demand loli mode?

Can I fuck the cutie on the far right? This is very important please respond.

Jap version doesn't have that cut scene either. Yuna is left alone in both versions, unless you choose to wipe out humanity altogether.

Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume. The main character is bent over getting revenge and the good ending basically has him giving it up. In all other endings he sacrifices people who follow him because they truly believe in him. He's broken already because the first person he sacrificed (unintentionally) was his best friend. Ever since, it all goes downhill.

Fake weebs, all of you. You literally go around as the Maou raping women to power up as you slowly take back your domain. How could you not include this?

Final Fantasy 4
but you switch to good guy part way in

I'd argue with you about Nier since he didn't know about the true nature of the shade, but Kaine is full on evil, because she understood the whole time.
No complaints about Caim and Zero.

nice meme

You play as Guts in all the berserk games.

Because it's never going to be translated in our lifetime.

FUCKING TREEHOUSE

To be fair it's hard to call Nier a bad guy because he thought he was saying his world. And in ending D he also offed himself to do this.
Caim, I think he is in the same boat while being just batshit insane.
Zero, hard to say really.

I remember years back on halfchan seeing that brought up a few times when I was in Breath of Fire or JRPG threads. Sadly, a lot of the posters that responded (at least the times I saw it brought up) only cared about the Fou-Lou scene being gone, and had said they either didn't care either way about fanservice being being cut or outright defended the removal. I don't know, maybe I just wasn't in the right threads for it and other ones had people more rightly taking issue to the censorship on the whole, but it's something that has stood out to be in retrospect.

The thing I don't get is that Breath of Fire III clearly has a nude Deis trying to tempt Ryu and it's not like other JRPGs (even at the time), couldn't get away with scumbag villains being slaughtered as they ought to be, so why did Capcom feel any of those instances were necessary?

This is a videogame board, user. There are other things named Overlord.

Caim is a piece of work but not a villain in the grand scheme of things. Zero though, (real spoilers ahead) terrible person in her former life, only somewhat redeemed by what happens in the game. Check the novella for the former.

**Speaking of which, it seems that there's finally an official manual for the game, however it doesn't have any of the novellas included. Someone actually threw together an unofficial manual with them included, check there.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B4zkW8_SXfjnUzRQN0xRQ1FvanM/view?usp=sharing**

That actually explains things then, because Overlord as I know it is /a/ territory. It's 6:50 and I haven't slept yet, clearly it mustn't be my fault.

Eh, being up that late counts as a valid excuse in my book. Check the games out if you don't know them yet though, they're flawed but pretty fun.

Thanks man, I'll read up on it.

Was it removed from both pc and console version?

It's not the perfect example either really since you're fighting corrupted heroes in the first game and can be the real hero complete with people praising you when you walk past them. Plus it's the canon choice.
In the second you outright restore balance to the world by removing an even greater evil in form of the Emprah high on magical goo at the request of your mother. Although at least you can genocide knife ears there so it's still miles better than the first in my opinion.

Front Mission (O.C.U. Campaign)

As I understood it, the idea/theme to the series was balance. Evil was evil, good was good, but as you said in the first game, Good had become slovenly and… basically evil. So the 'Evil' overlord had to step up to the plate.

Make evil great again: the game, basically?

In English? It already is.

Yes

The canon is that you fucked and kept both mistresses, because the book worm birthed your kid and the tower had the whore decorations

Is it possible to play breath of fire uncensored like god intended?

Bible Black

ITT: Posters list games where you fight their Dindu Nuffin characters

Or a Muslim.

Well what were you expecting?
It's probably playable from a technical standpoint, but I don't trust NISA not to fuck over the script with shit jokes and hamfisted memes.
If you think you can handle it, then go for it. Personally I wouldn't though.

Havent seen anyone say anything about that shit in the ps4 game

I knew about it because I hung out at the Dragon-Tear forums, which was about the only mass collection of BoF fans on the internet that wasn't Japanese. Thought it was bullshit then, still think it's bullshit, now. One of the main reason I'm still angry at Capcom.

Kitami is a good girl she dindu nuffin

To be fair, no one's said much because interest wasn't high in the game from what I've observed. Not likely anyone went through the work to compare eastern release to the western one.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Every campaign in Fates is fucking retarded to be honest.

Yeah, but only Conquest holds the distinction of being a villain campaign that pretends it's not instead of embracing it.

Better to be safe than sorry, man.
Didn't one of their (((localisations))) fuck up peoples PS3s? Like the game actually overheated peoples systems or some shit?

That is maybe the best evil route i have ever played, you get so fucking evil that even Gig gets scared.

it pains me to see what have become of Fire Emblem and it will only get worse with fucked up translations and censorship running wild.

It was the first pic in this post.

It was? I thought it was another one. They never fixed it either did they?
Is it the same game that crashes at a certain point as well? I remember reading some fag posting on their forums saying he couldn't beat the game because it kept kicking him out onto the XMB.

Prince of Tennis II, obviously.

Cmon guys I thought you were NEETs

Trillion is definitely evil. He enjoys tearing people apart and playing with their corpse if they stand a chance of hurting him. He tries to send vassals to trick you into submitting to him and laughs in your face when you realize he's full of shit and will eat your place anyway. He doesn't just eat and leave, he spreads a miasma around that kills everything in sight despite those enemies having no chance of hurting him.

Trillion isn't just some mindless beast that consumes because he's hungry.

Wait, it's already in english? Oh boy time for some magnet huntin'

the PS4 port is fine
it's the PS3 english version that's fuck up (thanks to a 1 byte stack overflow). They won't even implement the fanmade fix

Thanks user

Both Der Langrisser and Langrisser IV let you join villain factions. DL has the empire and Chaos, LIV has Chaos again.

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2

I think I've heard that the PC version also has the same censorship worldwide, but I can't say I've played BoF IV that way, so I could be wrong. Plus, I don't think the PC version even came out in NA, and I honestly find it a bit odd that it even got a PC port in the anyhow, given that Square seemed to be the one most prone to it back then, and even then it was just for a few Final Fantasy titles.

As far as I'm aware, not in English, no. No one's seen fit to patch the missing scenes back in (and as fan-translate it, as need be). Reminds me, I think Scias also had has alcoholism removed in the west, leaving him to just have a "natural" speech impediment instead of being a sloshed swordsman (also something I recall seeing anons years back on halfchan claiming to find more interesting than him having been a booze hound).

I find it to be bullshit too. Not just because of the censorship itself, but inconsistency with what other JRPGs on the PS1 had managed to get away with (again, even BoF III got away with Deis' nudity in the west). And while a few years later, I'd say that if Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube could get away with Zelos peeping on the girls at the hot springs (complete with Colette earning the "Ironing Board" title), I'd say that BoF IV could have retained them. Just surprises me a bit in retrospect to have seen halfchan excusing/defending all the censorship (barring the execution) in BoF IV, but considering how some of them would also spout praise at Working Designs for making overwise "bland" JRPG scripts not only tolerable but "actually enjoyable" with their rewrites, maybe it shouldn't be too shocking to me.

It's baffling to me that you are surprised to find the opinions of the normalfaggots on cuckchan alarming.

Really now, what did you expect from those ordinary lifehavers?

FINAL FANTASY 7

Tales of Phantasia.

You were the bad guys all along. Dhaos was trying to save his people. You monster.

If only Fates' Third Path was its Demon Path.

don't worry user, im making a harvest moon-like game and the second girl i will be making will be a christmas cake shy succute

HA HA
NO

JUST

Me on the far right.

What a shame the middle one is clearly the best, just look at dat tail.

Nobody mentioned this yet?
Srs?

nier is an ignorant idiot, while kaim and 0 save the world.

wew

HAZE IS A GUD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN

He's an anti-hero, but not a bad guy. Ducks bite.

BETTER

I'm assuming this is just an edit, but if it's not, I'm far more interested.

No.

No, wait.

(checked)

They all have tails, but the one in the middle is too chunky, too tall, and her horns are not cute.

Her eyebrows are pretty god-tier though. I'm jelly.

Nier did nothing wrong.

Fuck you Shadowlord, you big faggot.

No, you moron, look at what she's doing with her tail, you can already tell by that alone that she's more intredasting than other SHITBUSSES

I never beat the game but until I played he was considered a bad guy to some extent.

Front Mission (the O.C.U campaign)
U.S.N. did nothing wrong.

I don't understand. Is there some hidden meaning to curling the tail around her leg? Isn't it just because it's too long?

Please don't bully me for not knowing your lewd shenanigans. I am a pure type.

The fucking ironing.
I'm disappointed in you, Santana. You obviously don't know your shit.

Coiling tail around her leg = more lewd and likes to play. Probably into bdsm.
While the one with the glasses that has her tail under her snatch means she's the "naughty librarian" type.
This is elementary stuff.

Gross. I want nothing to do with loose women. The only way she could be worse is if she were as tall as the ogre on the far left.

Was going to post Soul Nomad but this beautiful fucker did it before me.

Seriously, play the game and go on the Demon route OP. Shit's hardcore.

Funny since you're claiming to be the one one the far right, the one with NO TAIL
DAMAGED
GOODS

Step it up you blind bastard.

That's a noodle, not a fucking tail.

Go and compare to the original, you gaylord. There's a tail there.

Furthermore, it's the most optimal tail. It's the perfect size and girth for body height, the spade isn't as pronounced as the others, and it's cleverly and shyly hidden away behind her wings. It's the cutest tail, on the cutest girl.

Where the best ending is to lose

Ah, yes. One of the games that made me realize I have a fetish for torture, despair, and murder.

In my heart, Revya destroyed the world and everything in it and consumed the remains to go on and become a Demon King.

YE YE (YE)

Golden Sun?

It's been quite a while since I've played that game, but I'm fairly sure your party unleashed some chaos demon onto the world or something.

I'm not sure if it counts though since you weren't inherently bad. You were just some kids that misunderstood what was happening.

the old fuck who was mentoring the team misled them iirc

I wanted to try 4, but the movement system rubbed me the wrong way. The whole attacking and running away thing made things awkward as hell.

Look at Gig's face. Look at that pure unfiltered shit-eating grin he has. That's an angel of death that enjoys fucking with people.

He's out to save the world while genociding the shit out of the Empire in the process. Most of (if at all) the bad shit that happens in the game isn't even a consequence of his actions except perhaps fucking up the Nierverse forever with the Grotesquerie Queen

He's totally a genocidal psycho asshole though, but that's why he's so great.

Why is he wearing a diaper?

Any game with this guy

Strange journey.

The game is about you trying to save Earth which is polluted dying along with humanity which is is full of crime and corruption, but every one of the routes in the game has you becoming a bad guy in some way or the other.

SPOILERS
In all of them you have to kill off your some of your human comrades which you are supposed to protect from the demons but things get sour
In the Law ending you make all of humanity mindless slaves of YHVH
In the neutral ending you save the earth and humanity but you stop the final boss from cleansing earth and resetting it just like the many times it did before
In the chaos ending humanity reverts back to its primal stages with demons everywhere and endless war, carnage and chaos

This is cheating because you can be a bad guy by choice in all the real SMT games. Again if you missed it the real SMT games are:
MT
SMT1
SMT2
SMT3
SJ
Kaidou1
Kaidou2
DDS1
DDS2
(all the remakes are repackages of 1/2)

I'd settle for a JRPG where you play as a Big Guy

I think you're confused. It was cut out of all versions because they ran out of time/budget, unlike those other three which are only cut from the western version.

Reminder that Yang dies childless because of literal jews.

Actually, kinda, since Cloud is more or less mind controlled from Shinra HQ when he lets out Jenova til he gets his brain unfucked.

Well I mean technically you're right since to get the true end you need to do one of the evil endings.

Rance is a strange case. He seems to take either the role of hero and villain depending on his mood.

I mean he been a bandit, a tyrant, a terrorist and a bloodthirsty warlord but he is also the main reason the Monster Realm has not steamrolled the human nations already.

But user, Rance is an ally of justice and cute girls

is that green chick flashing that monster? Who is she?

You could be the bad guy in Fallout if you want

You're half right. That's Guillo and no there is no flashing in the first pic. Guillo just dances around all weird like in battle.

seconded

And all of that in a single game! to be fair his wanting to fuck LP is also one of the main reasons MR is invading the human territories in the first place

Kill me, Pete.

Is it just me or is Bunny Black's voice acting fucking awful? Like I am thoroughly convinced that if I was Japanese I would despise it.

That was years back, not recently with the current crop of trash residing there.

The Wise One manipulates the party from GS1 into trying to stop the lighthouses being lit, since that it what it was tasked with to prevent. Felix meanwhile has the knowledge of Kraden and the Mars Clan at his disposal and knows why not igniting the lighthouses is a BAD idea.

Ultimately, I'd say Isaac isn't a villain, especially since he comes around to see Felix' point of view. Though, going through with The Wise One's test, even if it was to test their resolve and give it time to warn the villagers of Vale to get the fuck out, was kind of a dick move on his part, considering he claims to have known EXACTLY what he was doing.

Mark of the Ninja after completing your mission you lose your damn mind, run away instead of completing your ritualistic suicide, have a pilgrimage to a Middle Eastern desert with your waifu, and return to murder half the clan. In the end you gain enough clarity to realize you were hallucinating the whole time and she isn't real. You can either kill yourself and restore your honor or execute the leader of the clan.

Is it just me or most of the bitches in Drakengard insane? The elf pirates slaughter mission comes to mind.

user, this is a Nip Moonman game, of course everyone is insane.

Rondo of Swords if you perform certain tasks.

But you are just an assasin that killed bad guys and all those faggots for embracing technology and bringing dishonor on the clan

Golden Sun 1 and 2 depending on your point of view. It's kind of a grey area.

Reminder that Rance has a fleshed out world of lore.

What's your justification behind this ridiculous claim? Shirou is never anything but good aligned.

Steal, murder, genocide a town or two, become a tyrant wizard king, and generally abuse magic for personal gain or just to be an asshole. You almost always have an opportunity to do something evil or dickish and most of the time its most beneficial way to handle things

What about Dindu Nuffins?

I don't know about Japanese games, you pretty much have to play western (specifically Bioware) games for that.

Wait, did you say "play as the bad guy" or where "the player is the bad guy"?

Dude where did you get it that Cloud let Jenova out? It was Sephiroth.

Morrowind
>kill Almalexia the bitch deserved it

Nerevarine is just a tool in Azura's revenge plans.

Hold the fuck up, does Yuna actually die in the Japanese version? I need to play that shit right now.

B-but coda

He wuz a good boi

got a link to a translated version?
I want himegari but its so time consuming translating the text