Star Wars Thread

Fuck the entire taun taun section in the second game, you can't fucking move anywhere without losing half your health and enemies constantly respawn
How do I git gud?
No we are not lowering it to easy
Also Star Wars Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/qovixb.torrent
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that Kyle Katarn does not, never has, nor ever will exist

Pls go back to wikia Brandon Rhea

Jedi Academy: Movie Battles 2
Has had more players than in ages. You can get in FA servers way more easily.

CARRIE FISHER DIED BECAUSE THE BITCH WAS AGAINST THE GOD SAVIOR DONALD TRUMP SHE DESERVES HER DEATH YOU LIBCUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Any progress on Battlefront 3 yet?

Disneys new films do not exist in my canon. I rebuke them. OriginalsEven the prequels, expanded universe ——————————→ Current year star wars.

didney worl canon does not exist.

What about flying lightsabers?

You mean the guys who claimed they had the source code and were gonna release it?
I thought Disney/EA crushed them

Canon is only what you make of it. Good on you, anons.

What the fuck is this shit?

You mean Donald "My daughter converted to judaism and married a kike" Trump?

When you're done derailing threads in Holla Forums and Holla Forums, why don't you fellate a gun?

I'm pretty sure Katarn's stealing of the DS plans only happened during the very first introductory map of DARK FORCES, the whole rest of the game is about Dark Troopers. Most people remember Kyle for Jedi Knight and its sequel and the lore that was produced from that.
So it's not a big deal how Disney changed the canon, it only changes 1% of the stuff Kyle Katarn did.

Rogue One was good. I'd watch it again.
Could have been much better,
but it wasn't repulsive as ep7.
I even have some ep4 flashbacks when the stormtroopers were shooting in the corridors. Also, that space battle was proably superior to the Battle of Endor.
Fuck the characters and the force, just give me my x-wing.

When you stop acting triggered over people criticizing your politicians, burgerfriend.

Exactly. They can try and rape the star wars industry, but they cant take the past from us.

Good goyim. Eat the shit, and be happy about it.

Consider this your final (You).

I have a lot of fond memories from the SNES games but their actual gameplay was somewhat clunky.
Had to savescum a lot in the death star trench (SNES emulator works fine in a DS/3DS).

ESB was my favorite by far for all the right reasons. The bosses, the backgrounds, the enemies…
Stage design was lazy and thanks god you had a big healthbar because you are constantly getting hit by everyone.

I barely beat it in Easy. Never made it far in Brave.

I wish there were more old school SW platformers.
For the Gameboy Advance you had Star Wars Trilogy, which is a rarity in every sense. It's okay, I guess.

The Episode III for the GBA was amazingly good but not a platformer but a Final Fight clone with leveling up and skills.
I liked how the boss fights have a different style: you can't move up/down which is good so you can concentrate in blocking/evading.
You don't get to see the real ending in easy (game is balanced enough that you can beat it in normal) and you can play as both Anakin and Obi-Wan. Their routes separate in the second half (one gets to fight Mace Windu while the other fights General Grievous). Would totally play it again.

#notmypresident

I remember the SNES games were exceedingly difficult. Like Ninja Gaiden difficult.

I can't get into the Jedi Knight Series.

Why am i not surprised you like the new star wars.

Fuck you too, mark.

I don't like either that the Expanded Universe was discarded.
I'm not that retarded to ignore the good games/novels/comics that came from them.
I'm just saying that I enjoyed something they produced. If I had the money I'd buy SW; not sure what it should be done with it, would it be so terrible to put it in the public domain?

I beat the 3 NG in the early nineties but only because I had nothing else to play so after getting your ass beat for days you naturally got good. Not sure if it was an enjoyable process. My point is that there was a method. Even if you got killed after defeating the first of the last 3 bosses, that dead boss doesn't resurrect even after continuing.

The SNES SW games instead were chaotic and theres always so much stuff happening at the same time that the only way of surviving IS NOT evading damage as in Ninja Gaiden but just keep getting your health back by ripping the hearts out of your enemies so you can eath them.

I'm supposed to feel offended? To take seriously your ad-hominems?
Just post your precious games.
I already said I didn't like ep7

Because everyone who hates thread derailers is an Amerifat amirite fellow projector?

This is an interesting point, and just what I was thinking of when I read … it's true that both are very difficult, but Star Wars was difficult in a completely different way from Ninja Gaiden that, IMHO, made it a lot less fun.

The thing that absolutely baffled me was that, according to an interview in Nintendo Power, they did it on purpose. The designers were bragging about how they'd been carefully designing the game so that, if you were trying to jump over an enemy you would land on spikes, but if you stopped to fight the enemy another one would spawn behind you and damage you… things like that. That they'd actually designed the game to treat the player as a pinball, bouncing them around from enemy to enemy until they died.

Whereas Ninja Gaiden was designed quite the opposite - that yes, there were punishing enemy and bullet patterns that you had to memorize, but once you got the rhythm down it was possible to just flow through a level slashing everything and not getting hit once. (Up until those goddamn randomly generated jetpack ninjas started spawning.)

Is this canon?

Correct. You could actually not receive damage in NG if you were good enough, I'm not sure that's possible in the SNES SW. Pics related, quarter muncher at its finest, there's zero way you can avoid damage, you can only delay your death a minute or two.

Trekkies warned us that future was looking bleak for Star Wars fans.
At least Star Trek Beyond was good.

The best part of Star Wars was the vidya. Reply to this post if you agree.

Alright, which Star Wars game has the best music? I'm partial to dark forces 1, especially the final level.

KOTOR 1 and 2
Republic Commando
Shadows of the Empire
Force Commander

Nope, it got leaked for 360 a while back. I have it on my home computer, so if the thread's still here when I get home I'll post it

Do you have the 360 files so i can run it on mine?

You would need to have a modded/jtaged 360 and run in dev kit mode, or have an actual dev kit

There is already a thread up about this

He will be always canon in my heart.

The whole franchise stems from basic mediocrity of good guys v. bad guys from a hack director that started the nerd stereotype as much as Saddam Hussein made the middle-eastern dictator stereotype, are there any games or anything that adds moral complexity to this series and something beyond space wizards against space nazis.

KOTOR 2

Perfect timing. Does anyone have the OP pasta of the Battlefront threads? I want to play some battlefront, specially if some anons are interested enough.

KOTOR 2 and Tie Fighter.

At home, uploading now. Will post link

I do.

Thanks

THE PROGRESS BAR'S MOVING, BUT THE REMAINING TIME IS GOING UP

I never thought 5gb would take this long

He is more canon than disneys shit

Speaking of Star Wars, does anyone remember the name of that one edgelord mod for KOTOR that was shit on by Holla Forums years ago?
I only vaguely remember the MC thought he was a master manipulator, kept telling his waifu to shut up and had sith ghosts tainting his blood or some stupid shit like that.

damn I remember the millennium falcon thru death star section and how hard it was to beat

Agree completely. Fuck Disney. Star Wars lore stopped updating in October of 2012.

Every time I think it can't get any worse, it does

Fuck it, here's the torrent from months back. No idea if it has seeders though
u.nya.is/qovixb.torrent

Bump

I already played those is this fucking it.

She died because she was an alcoholic and a coke fiend, in both senses of the word. Seriously, she was drinking 16 cans of fucking Coca Cola a day.

Ninja Gaiden also had respawning enemies which were annoying as fuck, especially the eagles, but thankfully they could be avoided by using a glitch where if you scroll the screen to wear the enemy is about to spawn and stop they will spawn but be off screen and so they will be culled, and you can continue without them respawning until you move the frame back over their spawn co-ordinates.

Glorious images, I haven't seen these before. Kyle is the best. If you haven't read I, Jedi check it out, it's the best EU novel there is. Katarn is wrong because redheads are pure sexy though. Also why is the person giving the eulogy a Goomba from the Mario movie with Bob Hoskins?

How fucked am I?

nuStarWars :'^)

Thank God…

Come on, guys, I want to play some battlefront.

Are the xlink kai servers still going?

I can never get the sound to work in battle front, made me hate dealing with it.

What's the coolest planet in the Star Wars universe?

It's one word, faggot.

Hoth.

Stop it this instant.

Carrie Fisher confirmed for cola pleb

Come on, I just saw Episode VII and I need to calm myself from how awful it was.

The OP I'm requesting have some detailed guides in how to install, though.

No, we Mustafar continue.

Star wars has some pretty good games, but vidya is the wrong place for muh moral complexity. I've heard the books are good, but I've only read one and barely remember it.

Hoth is completely unbeatable on Brave.
The speedbike section near the end of hoth has too many unavoidable enemies that take too much of your health.

I doubt it was even tested.

the best by far are the timothy zahn heir to the empire trilogy. they introduce grand admiral thrawn and he's barely even a villain - he's charismatic, smart, resourceful and good to his people. even his second in command pellaeon who goes on to be supreme commander of the imperial remnant, eventually makes peace with the new republic and has a class of capital ship named after him. there are some other good ones but i genuinely consider those ones to be must-read even if you're only kinda into star wars, they're really fuckin good

republic commando also had a very small amount of "if we're creating clones who are basically sentient slaves who are only going to live and die in constant battle, are we really the good guys"

The body is pretty good at repairing itself, so if you cut it out and eat properly you can mitigate most, if not all, of the damage. But be very wary of your pancreas because that much Coke will ruin your bodies insulin response for a very long time and if you try to quit that much sugar and caffeine cold turkey you will get withdrawals.

Seconding Zhan's first trilogy as being god-tier, but I stand by my original statement that I, Jedi is still the best EU novel. Avoid anything with the Vong in them, they are unmitigated shit.

i jedi is pretty well-written but Corran Horn is basically Chuck Norris In Space. I got tired of him being totally unkillable, the charismatic leader of men and lover of women, the man willing to spill all his spaghetti the second anyone asks about his past and OH BOY NOW HE GETS THE FORCE by the second rogue squadron book

You think you're gud?
>Bonus: No HUD, no crosshair, kill all of the enemies
>Dante Must Die: No rollstabbing

I hope you like concussion rifles, those damn annoying poison guns the Noghri have and getting bopped by suddenly godly Reborn who can choke your ass out with no way to counter. Both of those levels are doable because they don't require Force Jumping or any other powers.

Bounty Hunter. It's not story-driven but you're Jango Fett so that's something.

Fuck you're right. I got Corran Horn from Rogue Squadron confused with Kyle Katarn. I agree he's a bit of a Mary Sue but seeing him learn to use the Force (especially the "sphere of influence" idea) as a grown man who has to adjust his perspective of how the universe works to his whole new thing was really interesting.
It would make sense that a rogue that got by on charisma and skill, who didn't know he was Force sensitive, would become a bit OP once he started tapping in to it.

Another JA challenge: Save the Stormtrooper.

Reminder the wiki has been all but completely gutted by (((fans)))

I hope you have proof, fam.

if you fall into this category you have shit taste

Please provide me with superior taste. I'll wait.

Last two pics are a before and after pic. Hope you don't want more

RIP.