Arcade emulation

So I decided to give this a try, I never tried many arcade games outside compilations on psp and ps2, but are there any arcade games not released anywhere else that I should try out?

Also, any tips to improve the quality of the image? like filters and all that stuff, and can I trust the framerate counter on MAME if it has one? with some games having intentional slowdown and all.

Other urls found in this thread:

fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/ovens/

the first tome I launched something the default image looked really muddy, I dont know if its the lack of scanlines or if its a fault with my machine

I don't really remember much, but I think you need ti fiddle around with resolutions and filtering options to remove biliniar filter.
As far as exclusive games go I think most worthwhile ones were released one way or the other on home platforms, but still shit like Metal Slug or D&D Shadow over Mystara is still infinitely better on emulator.

Have some nice imagery faggots.

try using bilinear filtering and a normal scaling and aspect ratio, you will get a very basic soft result that most emulators do by default.

I recommend you get reatroarch and then play with the shaders to your hearts desire until you get the visual result you want. It requires you to know how to use a computer tough..

Funny, I contribute money to the industry. What do you contribute, leech?

Fuck off

You contribute nothing.

you ate the whole fishing pole m8

>>>/reddit/

I think there's a 8ch board called /1cc/ that releases obscure arcade games. They aren't emulated afaik but it includes stuff you've probably never heard of, and stuff you have.

How ironic.

In your mame.ini set video to bgfx and bgfx_screen_chains to something like crt-geom-deluxe. You can try different effects via the slider controls menu.

yes

also, here's a MAME thread on /vr/ >>/vr/4689

forgot a >
>>>/vr/4689

Main use I ever gave to Mame was having a proper playthorugh with 3 other players at Tower of Doom and Shadows over Mystara.

We made some modifications so the cleric could make more healings

Go back to /jp/ with your fucking autistic bullshit.

Tons. Ninja Baseball Batman, Dirt Dash, the Sailor Moon beat em up. There's also the AvP beat em up which I don't think was ever ported anywhere. You can also play the arcade versions of games that people rave about like SF3, which is ever so slightly different from the ports but it's generally not noticeable. Fighting Layer is a shockingly good fighting game from Arika, the guys behind SFEX. The rest of the games I'd recommend did have a home release of somekind, but sometimes the emulators aren't as good for those games, or the ports are bad. Garou: Mark of the Wolves on Dreamcast for example. It's far better to emulate in a Neo Geo emulator than try to play that on Dreamcast, but it's also been released on various other digital distribution platforms like Humble Bundle and PSN.

What kind of games do you enjoy? I'm not very knowledgeable about shmups, but I have a decent idea of fighting games and some action/platformer games.

Final Fight (#1); I don't think it ever got a proper arcade-perfect 2 Player port.

Like all the ports of 3rd strike are god awful with cut animation frames and distorted sprites. Well maybe except that one on PS3 or 4, but I didn't play it so can't confirm.
DC and PS2 ports are atrocious, the only true way to play it is either on arcade emulator or, probably, PS3/4.

Hundreds and thousands of them

I would recommend
Red Earth - Capcom fighting game that is only in the arcades in america
Batrider and Battle Bakraid - shmup Games made by the developer of Battle Garegga with the same kind of scoring system.

Online Edition is a perfect arcade conversion, with the exception of Twelve's XCOPY clones not having a distorted voice for some reason.

Does mame64 come with hlsl by default? Every guide makes it sound like it does but its not in my mame folder. I have it enabled in mame.ini but nothing changes.

Is it possible to emulate the game Jurassic Park The Lost World?
That shit and House of the Dead II where fucking amazing, I wish there was somewhere in Sweden to play them ;_;

This one
furfag will have extra fun

at least use the proper bait

thank you fightan friends
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
~Its not just fighting game roms
~they 90% of them are the proper version you need to run with the MAME so you don't need to hunt for the right version.