Space games thread

BIOSHIP EDITION
Post slutty organic space craft in my area looking to hook up what are some bideo gaymes in which I can control and/or fight against some living ships?

ALSO WHAT ARE YOU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eötvös_effect
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/313507-2-2-03-Beta-Update-1
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/314991-2-2-03-Beta-Update-2
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/315591-2-2-03-Beta-Update-3
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/316393-2-2-03-Beta-Update-4
steamcommunity.com/app/290300/discussions/2/152390648086489348/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And why can't people engineer their own biological starships?

3rd for best non bio ship

Clearly because bioships are degenerate and a space faring human race would've fucking removed degeneracy from society by then.

5th for Thargoids are here.

Nice double think Impericuck.

Your salty memes=Eternal dreams

The best bioship is a destroyed bioship.

Remove lewd xenos.

Bravo.

Don't reply to him, he's just after responses.

No wonder your God-Emperor is dead, with that lack of conviction.

Nexus the Jupiter Incident?

Pic related.

TO be fair, I think bioships probably are degenerate but I think that, should be end up in space, we'll be more like in Legend of the Galatic Heros. I hope so at least.

The meme is purge xenos as heresy. Human technology is not xeno, and therefore not heresy, therefore you're not memeing correctly. Fucking retard.

Star Citizen

I don't really care for most bioships either something about being inside a giant living ship's guts creeps me out.

But anons, what about Genesis Rising where humanity developed bioships to crusade across the stars and purge the cosmos of ayy lmaos?

DAILY REMINDER THAT ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT IS BEST SOLUTION

The assumption clearly was that they were filthy xeno ships

While perhaps not heresy, it'd still be degenerate.

Not going to lie, I just fapped to that.

Do you ever wonder if there are giant space creatures out there?
I wonder a lot.

Some aspect of transhumanism will have converted humankind long before long-distance space travel is feasible beyond colony ships.

user what do you think your mother was for the first 9 months of your existence?

My first reply to you is literally

Whatever, you're clearly more interested in failing to meme accurately and just shitpost with buzzwords so whatever.

I mean technically nature is one giant space parasite latched on to a rock in orbit around a sun.

You're missing two.

It's actually one of the most terrifying things I can imagine.

Not if I have anything to say about it.

Clearly you haven't seen my other posts regarding it. Whatever,

Goddammit, my fucking upload speed.

Yeah they could be nice or hostile and how big are they or are they small parasitic like virus that can kill a man in moments or agonizing hours.

That doesn't mean it isn't weird or that I have to like it, besides I'm out of there now but going back in is another problem.

Well there's nothing to really worry about considering if they even went near Earth they'd be crushed by the gravity and immense pressure of our atmosphere.

Well, they'd likely not function in a way that's even remotely similar to us, so you can throw out the concept of parasites altogether.
They may not even need to eat organic material, one way they could work is to just float around and catch random pockets of gas floating around in space, or eat meteors that are rich in things like iron.

Okay user, what do you think you are? You are basically a bioship carrier for little colony vessels (sperm) and medical vessels (probiotics, blood cells). Hell, you're a compromised vessel, under attack from boarding parties (parasites and viruses).

You best start liking bioships user. You are one.

Bioships make me ROCK HARD.
I blame playing Starcraft as a kid and the Zerg's structures.

I don't worry for earth, I worry to stumble upon it in apce. Somehow the thought of a being that can exist in, what basically amounts to, nothingness is scary. How does it accelerate for example? Space isn't water, you can't make odd movements with your legs and get forwards momentum.
I'd be very scared if it was large but a virus or so could kill me. Either way, I don't want any of it.

If a probe were to arrive at earth and whatever race sent it were to be as inconsiderate of sterilization as we were during the space race they could theoretically wipe us out.
We brought perfectly healthy Streptococcus to and from the moon on the outside of the Apollo crafts after all.

The cellular life on them would be completely incompatible to our biology.

I know, but just in the small chance of our biological systems matching it could fuck us royally.
I just like to imagine the voyager probes being picked up by xenos only for them to go full war of the worlds on us because they think we launched a biological weapon at them.

Even now we have tons of issues with prosthetics simply because the body keeps trying to reject it, I bet we'll see more biological engineering rather than the robot human future transhumanists believe in
unless of course the muslims, mexicans, and niggers just outbreed the productive races into oblivion

Farts or maybe they swin using that ether between worlds

NO HONOR
O
H
O
N
O
R

Then what if they eat the ship I'm on and then my space suit?, still horrifying.

Nigga I'm a human,

Pic related is the answer
>just outbreed the productive races
arent those the working force?
apples arent going to harvest themselves, yet

Why does the human body reject other parts?
I does't make sense, it's working against its own best interests.

What the fuck? Why the hell are they sending in aerospace fighters to strafe (((non-combatants))), while cracking the crust? That's just putting your own men and equipment in unnecessary danger.

It's a foreign object, so it actively tries to expel it
It's why if you get prosthetics, you'll probably be on medication for the rest of your life to deal with that+immune system overreactions

Hello?

lewd

Hey

The female body recognizes the pleasure of being cummed inside as invaders and thus tries to kill everything.

Maybe actually read the images.

That explains why females are so resistant to rape even though they want it

Who gives a shit about the images.

Thanks to (((them))) we're not going to have any kind of meaningful science.

probably some survival adaptation to destroy parasites

>tfw no gf in general
im gonna fucking kill myself i can't handle this loneliness anymore

That webm always makes me smile
top kek
Sad though what you wrote, especially because you're right. I guess it's better that we invest in fucking AIDS research. Wouldn't want to some faggots dying, now would we?

Do it, faggot. A weak willed man, unable to change that fact that he's without wife, shouldn't procreate anyway.

That and stuff like spliters and other shit that gets under your skin.

JUST DO IT

You feeling alright, user?
Where are you at? If you're close then maybe I could come over and keep you some company. I know from first hand experience what that crippling depression and loneliness feels like

Whomever made those images clearly doesn't have the best grasp on science. They probably spent a few hours on Wikipedia to make each image.

Also,

==DAILY REMINDER TO ALL CMDRS THAT WE HAVE A MINOR FACTION IN ED IN THE SYSTEM WHEEMEZ CALLED THE 8TH IMPERIAL PILOT'S SYNDICATE AND ARE IN CIVIL WAR WITH THE LOCAL MAFIA== So go there in your combat ships and grind some Combat Zones or just do missions or whatever suits your fancy.

Or go get interdicted by giant flying space vaginas.

What's worse is that they got the nematode drawing right in part 3 but wrong in part 6.
Anyway, with CAS9 now the antiaging alternative seems more likely to come first although I don't want to be fucking immortal, I just don't want to be old.

goddammit spaces

Well that's alright then!

Immortality would be bad news for our current society, we already have major problems with people living too long

We have problems with the wrong people living too long, We need to wipe out kikes and niggers

What are some good space 4x/strategy games that also have decent ground combat that I don't have to install?

Everything in these pics could be done with one thing, maybe not the best execution, but doable with an Unlimited Energy Source.

That is all that's needed.

I really can't think of a single one that isn't "send troop transport to planet and click the invade button to start dice rolls"
I mean there's Empire at War, but ground combat in that is absolute shit

I figured as much, let me rephrase my question are there any decent 4x/strategy space games that I don't have to install?

I played that game so much for my shipfu that the thought of playing it again makes me ill.

That has to be the most retarded thing I've ever seen all week.

Just wait until you're 70 years old and have missed the boat on anti-ageing treatments.

That game had a pretty decent soundtrack. Shame it was a bit shit

EV Nova is a fun game and one of the factions have bioships.

A man of my tastes! Problem is, we also have to remove anglo-saxons and franks. Even among our populations we'd have to heavily restrict how many people and whom got immortality.

09. The alien mechanism is a perversion of the True Path.

I'm just going to leave this here.

That sure looks legit, not at all a scam like solar roadways and shit.

But that would also create problems of it's own, A few selected nobles and elite having power over everyone else

Immortality is only for the Chosen people goy.

Not even once, faggot.
The many need to be lead by the few.

Besides, do you genuinely think people even want to live forever? Chances are, after a couple of centuries, most would want their life terminated. This would open up a "slot" for immortality to a new person.
Reaching immortality also has naught to say about theirs place in society or politics.

Its easy, all you gotta do is make it really hard or impossible to make new people. Immortality makes reproduction obsolete.

I want full genetic customization to be whatever, whenever.
To either fit the role of the planet, or to become something 'new'.

Some one needs to find the "jew" gene and find a virus made specifically to attack it before anti aging becomes things. I mean we don't want them to become immortals.

Fucking failure of a species.
Instead of incubating and creating a form of loving bond between our technology and us we have chosen cold metal.

Metal which does not self-heal
Metal which does not self-improve through mutation
Metal which does not change
Metal which does not feel

We have become a monster of a species, eventually to become digital nightmares of unfeeling and cold shells encasing unflinching immortal AI. When that time comes, I hope a species that did not choose the same mistakes of our race destroys us.

Sure sounds great.
Fantastic.

The Jews will only take this technology solely for themselves if you let them, you fucking tards.

Anyone who tries to keep functional anti-aging from the populace (i.e. us) as a whole is going to get fucking wrecked by the same forces that got Trump elected. The actual scientists responsible for this shit know this (although their funding sources may not).

They ought to make a game about that.

Anyway, as for the OP: Particle Fleet Emergence.

If you restrict humanity to physical appearance alone you are part of the problem. Think of it this way, when we start colonizing other worlds (or star systems via Space Ports) we will have small to large variations of how humans will mutate. Some may become pitch-black to mask the harmful UV rays, others may grow larger eyes. Some may even eventually grow in different, more drastic ways. Are they not all human? Your limiting concepts hold us back as a species.

Plus, we would be creating a form of life that would more or less understand its role, why not make it love its role as well?

Posthumans are going to look at this debate about "mechanical" and "organic" life and just laugh their engineered asses off. Especially because the skeletons are already inside us

The Firmament is no match for the might of Man. Praise the forerunner, Daedalus.

god I fucking hate nips and their love of expensive aesthetics on child-minded writing

WEW
Also, I wouldn't call humans that have evolved to be different "humans" but a different species or race.

Not everyone is going to agree on survival strategies.

Having a different body in the real world will one day mean about as much as having a different avatar in Second Life.

Yes, that does mean that you'll get to be the little girl you always wanted to be

No but the wrong people do

That's not the only problem user.

But the jews are the ones most likely creating the anti aging drugs so that they won't have to worry about this

I agree with you user

I'm watching Logh and this whole argument seems like it came from the series.

I got in contact with an alternate universe where FPA won their war against the empire.

And now i found a video made in the universe where logh was live action.

Oh cry me a river, faggot.

Bullshit, not if I have anything to say about it.

How is that 99.8% white neighborhood treating you?

Go back to jerking over Kaczynski on Holla Forums you fucking faggot, what are you even doing on an electronic video games board on the Internet?

Yeah because internet and vidya are totally equivalent to trans-humanism. Are you going to tell me I'm on the wrong side of history and that I can't fight progress now?

be the little girl you always wanted to be

I was having a good day until you said this. Now I'm just gonna cry and be depressed all day.

Read that wrong. but it doesn't matter as I wont live long enough to see the day.

That's from the stage play.

When you have tensile strengths 4 orders of magnitude higher than biotrash, you don't need to.
It self improve through much more efficient means. It's called engineering.
Thank the makers. Can you imagine shit going offspec at warp speeds?
I'm thinking a ship deciding it doesn't like you is a bad thing.

If the destination is in a different disk-partition or hardware, cut&paste is the same as copy&paste except the source file gets deleted.

I got Elite Dangerous a few days ago and how the fuck do I git gud at anything in this game? Whatever I try to do I seem to be so utterly shit at it that I give up and go back to delivering data or cargo for pennies.

Tried to outfit an Eagle to get into bounty hunting but got wrecked right away having no idea what was going on the entirety of the fight so I sold it again.

new thread already? And on top of that 100+ replies? Man, these space threads are moving faster. is that good or bad?

You just have to keep grinding, followed by uninstalling when you finally catch on

The feel I've been getting from this game is that it all just looks pretty without much to actually do. 95% of my gameplay so far has consisted of jumping from one system to the other, docking in a port that looks exactmy like all the other goddamn ports in the game. Fly off, rinse and repeat.

its simple, you just have to buy Star Citizen

before fighting put all your pips into systems and have at least 2 in weapons, if you feel like you're getting the edge of the fight then put it all on weapons. Managing pips is crucial for fighting and always when you're bounty hunting go to RES(resource extraction sites) in planets with rings and just follow the local security force and remember to finish scanning ships before you shoot keep your engine in the blue bar as it will help you maneuver in battle. That as much as I can tell you and the rest is just getting good.

I fucking lost my FDL in a combat zone earlier without a kill, so I can't really tell you how to git gud.

When the actual release is out there I probably will. Not interested in playing a barebones alpha version.

I read that pips are important but I've no idea what they even do and how they affect you. The game is shit at explaining these things to you. I just wanna play a game and have fun, not go through 15 hours of tutorial videos to finally have some idea of what's going on.

I played some NG+ Project Slypheed today, it's really disappointing how unbalanced the weapons are in a boring way. All the best weapons are cheap unlocks tied to story progress while all the stuff you have to invest super heavily into weapon lines for are total garbage. You have to dump tons of points into beam weapons to get beam torpedos which are strictly worse than the gravity railgun the game hands to you around the time you'll have the points for the former. You can research all sorts of beam rifles, lasers, machine guns, and rocket pods that share slot space with free missile pods that lock on to 60+ targets and oneshot all of them. You can get EMP bombs that don't disable shields on capital ships like they say they do and take the slot of the free railguns which ignore shields anyway.

I guess it's stupid to expect decent space fighter gameplay balance from a studio that only makes JRPGs, but they could have at least made an attempt.

PIPs are for managing power to shields,engines, and weapons. For weapons it makes energy beams recharge faster and systems doubles your shield strength. Engines for when you gotta go fast.

the earth is flat fam, there is no space

Retard, there IS a space, but the goverment tells people there is no oxygen up there so we don't find out the truth that the world is flat by going up there themselves

You can even see the atmosphere curve in the edges of the first panorama.

how about you do your Own research instead of gobbling up what the media tells you, then you would see the truth

What happens if I go to the edge of the earth?

I remember when these threads were called Space Threads, not Space Games Threads.

You'll see the edge. Why don't you go there yourself user?

you can't, the government will arrest you before you do

Titanium is the answer as the bone grows into it and isn't rejected by the immune system, the only issue is after 20 or so years of use in joints it needs to be replaced because of wear.

Those laws apply to the Cult Mechanicus not the Imperial Cult.

And it's reasonable to assume that the extra organs implanted in Space Marines evolved in humans by means of natural selection over tens of thousands of years while colonizing the galaxy. The gene therapy is necessary to use their powered armor to the fullest extent so it's a form of prosthetic enhancement.

Psychic powers are another thing entirely. Either way the bio engineering that goes on this scenario isn't heresy by their standards.

Then where are the other flat planets.

fix'd

Are you implying the other planets aren't flat as well? Even the moon is just a flat round disc, retard

they are all flat user, don't believe NASA's lies!

Just get a prostitute user, if sex is so important.
If you want something more, well, you can search a woman that would depend on you, or get a pet.

There's other materials in prosthetics besides titanium as metal-on-metal joints are awful and the polymers and ceramics in use all have their own issues. Maybe they've figured those things out since I was studying it three years ago though.

What, why? What makes titanium so special?

Alrighty then, now that retards are hopefully done falling for Poe's law, the reason Flat Earth theory works so well to piss people off is that all flat earth theories have dubious falsifiability against mainstream theory, that is to say, their theories on applying natural phenomenon with a flat Earth actually works when you reject NASA is direct evidence of the contrary. EXCEPT FOR ONE SMALL-SCALE EXPERIMENT THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH A FLAT_EARTH!
The Eötvös effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eötvös_effect
You actually weight differently going East-West vs West-East do to changes in the Earth centrifugal forces acting on you. This is an experiment anyone can do at small-scale using simple tools like a gyroscope to understand centrifugal forces. As well as a real-world scenario simply by comparing how much you weight travelling on say, a fast-moving ship, moving both ways along an equator. This is the one effect flat-Earth theory has no counter for, at least not mainstream flat-Earth theory

Non toxic and won't be rejected by the body.

It's science or some shit

Anons with terrible taste in ships have been appearing so somewhat bad but the reason this thread is moving so bad is because of a discussion over trans humanism and the future.

just sad, I'll pray for you user

Dont worry user, the flat earthers will figure something out.

What the hell does that prove

That the poster is fucking retarded.

How would a person follow the law in a galaxy with a hundred different governments and rulings?

Did I just waste my time flying our here?
Two of the factions are in civil war, there should be fucking missions.

Just like all the others.

ok
I'm interested in why the body doesn't reject it, isn't steel pretty free of impurities or harmfull substances to a person? Or iron? We have it in our blood too.

Probably something similar to international Maritime laws and treaties

Your material also has to be resistant to getting doused in internal organ goops, you don't want anything that might dissolve or rust or undergo any sort of chemical reactions if it gets some blood on it.

Modern joint implants are sealed with ceramic or metal on hard plastic, it's the constant strain of loading and unloading which causes fatigue in the metal that requires replacement, you don't want it to snap. The joints could last hundreds of years but tiny cracks will form in the metal.

You've probably consumed some titanium dioxide today.

Thread after thread month after month even after I was gone for 2 1/2 months anons still respond to flat earth anons bait with out fail. And it feels so much worse to me because I am one of the only anons to remember he used to post in this thread as a fellow captain.

Ori'hara please go.

Hydrogen, Carbon, Oxygen and Nitrogen don't feel either.

Which space game features the most complexity in literally everything?

Aurora 4x.

Does Voyager count as a bioship?
she uses bio-neural gel packs in place of the usual isolinear chips of the time.

Kinda reminds me of my favourite quote from BSG, one of the human-form Cylons wants to be one of those living basestars of theirs.

No, the Emperor designed those organs in his lab on Holy Terra. Bioengineering isn't heresy at all in the Imperium so long as it's done with the proper oversight. Some Adeptus Mechanicus and iirc a few Inquisition are known to do it.

I also want to point out that this thread is 156 posts in, bioships are the edition, 40k was mentioned, and no one so far has mentioned Tyranids.

That's basically the premise in 40k. Each planet has it's own government with it's own laws, and the Imperium supersedes that legal system with it's additional laws, laws that deal with faith, conscription, foreign policy, psyker laws, and more.

Basically, get a servitor loaded out with all the information required so you don't dun fuck up and get yourself executed as a heretic. Loyal Adeptus Astartes have been excommunicated from the Imperium as Heretical due to misunderstandings of law and even culture.

I wouldn't count her as a bioship. A bioship to me needs to have an entirely organic hull and organic ship systems. Voyager just has some jelly packs in her computer systems, not really enough to qualify.

sounds more like a hybrid

These Thargoids have an interesting way of "jumping" if you can even call it that. Skip to 1:50

Or you could make a webm

So Braben is already using his alien trump card so people forget how shitty his game is for a little while.

pretty much, and it worked. Generated hype outside of the already existing community. One of the main problems is that the team still working on ED is fucking small. They don't have enough employees. This isn't that surprising because they aren't charging people 15 dollars a month for this game. If they were, I think all the content from Horizons would have been out already.

I kinda like it

They make the 15 a month from the extras store and overpriced skins. From their last financial report I think most of the money goes into their amazon server subscription.

Patch notes for the current Beta patch. Some of these make me SLIGHTLY hopeful. They still need to fucking fix missions though

Shield regeneration speed increase
We’re going to increase the speed at which shields regenerate.

The largest shields, size 8, will gain the most benefit (x2 regeneration when broken), whilst the smallest, size 1, will see no gain. The benefit scales linearly for the rest of the shields.
The regeneration effect will be more pronounced on shields that are already formed. It’s worth remembering that shields still cannot regenerate for a few moments after taking damage.
As a side effect, regenerating shields will generate more ship heat, though not by a very significant amount.

Bi-weave regeneration increase
We’re also buffing up the regeneration boost that bi-weave shields have. These shields have improved active regeneration rates, but seeing how small the actual rates are (even with the buff above), we feel they weren’t quite as competitive as they should be.

We think these shield changes are positives in of themselves. However, they also support a more experimental change to shields that we’ll be discussing in a separate post.

Trader hull health increase
We feel that traders are too weak.

They’re never going to be combat beasts thanks to their limited hardpoints and manoeuvrability, but that doesn’t mean they should boil up *quite* so quickly.

So we’re doubling the hull health of the following ships: Hauler, Type 6, Keelback, Type 7, Type 9 Heavy.

We were considering a larger increase, but we figure it would be good to get some feedback from you folk – although this isn’t in our opinion a controversial tweak, it’s the corner cases we need looking at from all angles.

Military ship slots
We’ve mentioned this concept a while ago and it grew on us, so we’re going to test it out.

We’re adding some special “military” slots to a subset of ships.

These slots are additions, so no ship will lose anything. However, the only modules that these slots will accept are hull reinforcement, module reinforcement and shield cell banks.
The concept here is to increase choice for the more combat oriented ships, without awarding the same benefit to multipurpose vessels that already have a slew of advantages.
It’s not all roses though. Remember, additional modules means extra mass and potentially higher power draw.

The following ships will benefit from additional military slots:

Eagle: 1x size 2
Imperial Eagle: 1x size 2
Viper Mk III: 2x size 3
Viper Mk IV: 2x size 3
Vulture: 2x size 5
Federal Dropship: 3x size 4
Federal Gunship 3x size 4
Federal Assault ship: 3x size 4
Anaconda: 2x size 5
Imperial Cutter: 3x size 5
Federal Corvette 3x size5

Whilst we can already hear the deluge of “ship X has too many/too few/where is ship X!” posts, we’re really interested in how these changes feel to the ships that have them, in the beta (we still know you’re going to make the other posts anyway ).

Final notes: the FDL is not on this list for a reason. We don’t believe it needs the help military slots provide and it’s not used by any authority or military force.

Also, it could be argued that the three large ships don’t need the additional defence. The reason they are testing them is because of the shield changes that we’re going to discuss in the separate post.

I guess they're missing the players they need then. CCP is pioneering MMO server design atm and they still only charge 15 dollars a month.

This is nothing. No mention of better net code so wings actually function properly, no QoL features… Just balance changes that are meaningless in a quasi-single player game.

I was just in two wings, no issue at all I'm american and there were euros in the wing. The only time wings run into problems is when someone has shit internet but yes I agree it's a problem.

I should point out those are just the LATEST patch notes. There's far more.

Who are they even balancing for? Do people play CQC - A feature nobody needed or wanted? Is there actual PvP in the game apart from meaningless griefing attempts? It feels like a bunch of nerds changing shit on an emulated server to their liking, not like game developers managing a long-term game.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/313507-2-2-03-Beta-Update-1
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/314991-2-2-03-Beta-Update-2
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/315591-2-2-03-Beta-Update-3
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/316393-2-2-03-Beta-Update-4

Are you bitching about the Military Slots? If it works they've basically said they're going to be doing it for the rest of the ships. That means Hauling Slots and Exploration Slots

Im bitching about the devs making meaningless adjustments for a minority of the community instead of adding QoL features outside of DLC shit.

There was a recent forum post on lots of network fixes and changes that happened in the beta. As well, many of the problems that I had in 2.1 (like having to use a vpn to connect to overseas players) have been fixed so there is progress there being made.

Reminder that no one will ever fall for your kikery.

The ideas of ‘singularity’ and ‘transhumanism’ are inherently Jewish in origin, intended to destroy European culture and ethnicity. Ray Kurzweil (Jew) and Isaac Asimov (Jew) are the largest proponents behind the ideas. The first step was the destruction of Christianity and the replacement of it with moral and cultural relativism. The nest step was the destruction of marriage by making divorce acceptable. The third step was the destruction of sexuality by introducing legalized homosexuality. The fourth step is the destruction of gender by making transgenderism the norm. The final step will be to destroy the very fabric that makes us human by introducing the ideas of “transhumanism” and “singularity.”
– Unknown

A disproportionate number of jews are leaders in transhumanism, as also in these other utopian ideals.

There is precedent for strivings toward an early Messianic era, with overtones of transhumanism. Socialists–and particularly the idealists of the 19th century–looked forward to the hell-and-heaven of a secular End of Days, with science and technology as guides. Theodor Herzl (Jew) likewise offered a technophilic and universalistic solution to the age-old problem of anti-Semitic persecution
– H+ Magazine

Transhumanism is an occult project, rooted in Rosicrucianism and Freemasonry and derived from the Kabbalah, which asserts that humanity is evolving intellectually, towards a point in time when man will became god. Modeled on the medieval legend of the Golem and Frankenstein, they believe man will be able to create life itself in the farm of living machines, or artificial intelligence.

Through the use of “smart drugs” and what transhumanists call “mind uploading”, man will be able to merge with the Internet, which is envisioned as the end-point of Kabbalistic evolution–the formation of a collective consciousness, or global brain. That awaited moment is what Ray Kurzweil refers to as the “singularly.” By accumulating the total of human knowledge, and providing access to every aspect of human activity, the Internet will supposedly achieve omniscience, becoming the “god” of occultism.
– David Livingstone, Transhumanism: The History of a Dangerous Idea

Mordechai Nessayahu’s “Cosmotism”depicts a future in which Israel saves humanity from eco-disasters and nuclear annihilation. Also influential as a Labor Party stalwart, Nessayahu motivated Yitzak Rabin and Shimon Peres to pursue the Oslo Accords peace plan. Peres published his own visions in A New Beginning. He imagines an improved Israel via peace and an information revolution. Equally optimistic is Yigal Arica’s What’s in the Future? Niv Ahituv’s A World Without Secrets presents a totally transparent world where all information about everyone is available to everyone. It is the 21st century evolution of the ancient ideas of Marxism.
– Hank Pellisser

Ray Kurzweil
Isaac Asimov
Charles Stross
Stanislaw Lem
Marvin Minsky
Ben Gietsel
Eliezer Shlomo
Tsvi Bisk
David Deutsch

The FDL at the moment is the defecto fight in ship and Fdev have realised that gets really boring fighting the same ship over and over so are trying to make other military and fighting ships a bit more edge to compete. Shame the clipper dosent get any military slots but I suppose it has enough slots already.

And forgot to mention there is a lot of pvp, look up the smiling dog crew for one wonderful player group in the thick of it.

Aurora 4x, and there’s nothing even remotely close under any definition whatsoever. It’s so complex it refuses to run for me no matter what I try.

Sensors now have a use

They've dropped that change saying it needs more work.

That anime had so much potential. Unfortunately, it had to go full hippy. Got really slow after the first 4 or so episodes too.

Nano-machines
Nano-machines
Nano-machines
Why the fuck would I want that? And bioship doesn't even have to have cognizant function in the first place.

Did somebody say nanomachines?

Fucking mechanophiles I swear to god. Always taking the harder route when the easier route is staring them in the face.

It's much older than Judaism. And there's little chance we'll see it in our lifetime. Those quotes are no different than the 'experts' in the 60's who were sure we'd have moon bases or a manned research outpost on Mars by now.

The easier route? Making a bioship is like making a normal spaceship out of parts of random kitchen appliances. There is no biological organism that we know of that thrives in space.

Jesus.
Better than nearly all vidya cutscene.

Take a look minimal effects from the game engine well integrated in the narrative. Maximum voice acting (good writing = actors like what they do = actor act well), epic music (game music). Simple animation of illustrations by your talented artists.

Budget = near zero. Fucking great cutscene.
That's what people call talent.

it survives, but by no means does it thrive

It's not just the construction of a biological organism, it could be organic plating that is radiation-resistant or wetware mainframes that are essentially multitudes of brains to organize a ships components.

Hell, one could even assume that having nothing but fuckin gas-pressured nozzles that refill automatically due to biological activity would be included. That basically means the ship is propelled by fucking space farts.

But nooooo, humanity is just fuckin addicted to "muh mechanical technology".

If by thrive you mean bearly survive. Sure it's impressive but they can't exist sustainably or reproduce, which doesn't make them very good organisms in that context.

It's a shame Inquisitor Horst sounds half asleep in every bit of dialogue in between missions and during them. I guess they did a ton of takes on the cutscenes to get good readings and then when it came time to record the rest of the lines they just said "fuck it" and went with first takes.

Custom tailoring biology is still quite a bit beyond our grasp. Believe me, having the ability to mass produce spider silk alone would be a revolution (Fibers that have tensile strengths way beyond kevlar while not degrading in sunlight? That are antibacterial and don't degrade for decades) but progress is quite slow on that front.

They don't thrive they survive. Can't breed while you're frozen solid.

Is Rebel Galaxy any good?

It's good for one playthrough and then maybe for one more if you wanna try playing as a pirate instead.

After that id recommend waiting till you have forgotten most of the story and then going for it again.

That's how I usually replay video games.

No diversity in gameplay then? Is the world interesting?

Not much. You got a "galaxy" that has some dozen or so star systems which are random generated at beginning of the game with pirate stations, neutral stations and civilian stations and few merc, trader and authority stations thrown around.
The story is pretty straight forward and most of your time goes into doing missions so you can get enough money to buy new types of shields/guns/engines or a ship.

Sounds alright I guess, I might pick it up on a discount. Thanks for the info.

What's the Holla Forums "system" in ED again?

No problem mate, just prepare for a kick ass soundtrack once you get it.

Would only make a copy of the consciousness, wouldn't actually transfer it. Your old ass would be left with some virtual program that plays at being you online, while you are still stuck with dying

same issue

What's with them and transfer to a computer? Still the same issue

Not really leading to immortality or even life extension (unless you count all the time stuck frozen as an extension)

So far the only one that looks even remotely feasible

first pic okay but
Cybernetics will never be a thing of this scale. Not beccause we couldn't do it, but because they are inferior to our biological body. If you had exposed mechanical parts, then every scratch you got on it would be there forever up until you bought a new one (probably costing a small fortune, too). If it stopped working, you'd be fucked – imagine camping in the woods, when suddenly something breaks in your mechanical leg, turning it into a heavy, dead chunk of metal. If the part wasn't exposed, then even worse – maintenance, repair, eventual replacement with a newer model – all those would require a surgery. Not otmention that all manner of cybernetics would require some sort of a power source - you'd become biologically dependent on electricity. Hell, a bit part of you would be electronics - playing with strong agnets would suddenly become a life threatening experience.

It's been posted in the thread already user. Pretty early on.
REMINDER TO FUCKING READ THE THREAD!

Mea culpa

Nanomedicene is fine up to stage 11 when it's randomly, "lol, let's kill ourselves".i

Imagine robbing a bank with a giant magnet

Hope the mafia turns you into fish.

shoulda got here earlier and pushed for us to be a fed or independent faction.

I did

rip

The webms look neat, but is ED actually fun, and more than that, worth a subscription?

No
It's not EVE you retard.

Nobody move or I polarize your ventricles!

The only solution is to create a federation branch.

I'm calling mutiny in this bitch.

There's a capital ship in Merope right now. Is it there because of the sightings?

but

it sounds like they're having fun

Imagine if Euro Truck Simulator 2 had no radio and the environments didn't exist so instead you were just in a black skybox the entire time. As for the combat; imagine your truck has guns on the front, and occasionally you come across another truck and you both try to shoot each other until one of you gets bored and leaves.

I was (stupidly) a £90 pre-kickstarter backer, I've put hundreds of hours into Elite 2 and 3. Elite 4 is boring, not to mention made entirely out of broken promises.

I'm both glad and disappointed in myself for buying the all-expansions-forever-pass during development. On the one hand I won't have to spend a ton buying every single expansion if the game actually gets good, on the other hand it's not as fun as previous games.

Reminds me of a guy that wants to be POTUS in 2040 and "normalize" RFID chips and other "enchantments" for the goyim.

How about you git gud

Great to see that collector drones still randomly crash against asteroids or your own ship.

Are you fucking retarded you dumb nigger, I said I spent hundreds of hours in 2 and 3, you know, the actual fully newtonian games.

FA off is not newtonian,nor does it give any advantage over FA on and that is by design; it has no RCS stabilisation like in 2 and 3 specifically because a bunch of 50 something year old British men complained at Braben before the game even launched that it would give people who aren't retards an advantage, it has arbitrary speed caps that make zero scientific sense because ELITE IV WAS ORIGINALLY SINGLE PLAYER. Now there's no single player and the multiplayer is pile of garbage compromises like speed caps because Braben wanted to compete with Star Citizen and get that autist cash. Don't even get me started on the lack of yaw and the fucking arbitrary blue turning point. The retards both developing this game and circlejerking over it actually thought the combat would be like an arcade flight sim; they were talking about maneuvers like the Immelman and the cobra constantly in the forums during development, they were getting fucking excited, ecstatic even, completely oblivious and deaf to the fact that NONE OF THAT SHIT WORKS IN FUCKING SPACE, there's no fucking gravity, there's no fucking air density, there no fucking ground. Elite 1's combat (and every other non-newtonian arcade space games combat) worked because the AI was programmed to occasionally turn its back on the player, humans don't fucking do that. What was Braben's genius solution when he finally realised this? The blue fucking arbitrary turning point.

The game is trash, I've followed its development since before the kickstarter, I've even spoken with some of the devs on occasion prior to release, while watching each and every feature intended to be in the game get stripped out in order to pander to dumb fucking retards like you.

Most of Reddit and forum cuck dads are Alliance and Fed.

FA off actually does give you an advantage over FA on, with it on your turn rate is a little lower and thrusting in any direction besides forward is gimped to keep you on rails. I'll agree not being able to lock your rotation but keep the freedom of movement is bullshit but I've found with a stick it's not that hard to counter and manage it.

Sorry the game didn't turn out the way you expected. I've been enjoying it and there is still quite a large pvp scene despite all the flaws with combat. Remember this game in no way affects your ability to go back and play frontier.

You sound like Pecisk. The potential this game had that will never be used because of the retarded developers is what hurt the most. FDEV seems to be completely clueless and more content with working on their next roller coaster game than improving ED.

I completely agree Fdev are a bunch of retards trying to make a multiplayer game with no mmo development experience to boot. I wish they would just drop solo mode or make the game exclusively singleplayer. Maybe if they just remade the original elite as a separate offline mode it would sate all the forum fanatics.
I have some hope for 2.3 since Fdev have said npcs won't get any sort of multicrew which means they don't have to waste time making the system work in solo. For once a multiplayer feature should get the time it deserves but then they announced the fucking PS4 port which is going to split up the BGS EVEN MORE AAAAAAAAAAAH

Nobody cares for Multicrew, there is not a single iota of hype for it. It will be just another underused waste of development time, just like CQC. I agree with you though, dangling between MP and SP will get them nowhere, they must make a choice. Even though I like the MP aspect, they are not supporting, in fact they try to suffocate it with lacks of feature you would see in normal MP games. Their netcode is atrocious and their gameplay mechanics are always the most simplistic way to implement the feature like Engineers which are simply roulettes tuning.

Their engine supports seamless transitions but because of multiplayer with get stuck with loading screens/instancing. I think they should stick to what they know best and scrap that MP idea they had. To be honest this was probably to get on the SC bandwagon and get easy shekels during the KS.

The only reason the game is alive today is because of the community it has gathered and the events that have come out of it. Exploration expeditions, player factions and conflict, all of it has kept this game alive to this point and gives Fdev the chance to make the game good with the "10 planned seasons". These community events and groups only exist because the game has basic instancing and multiplayer capabilities. Without multiplayer even in it's current shitty state 5$ the game would have lost all of it's playerbase as quickly as Neu man sky and dropped off into obscurity and with it any hope for the devs to fix their mistakes.

The actual vid I wanted to link

Because the very concept is shit and stupid.

Mechanical engineering >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stupid biotech

Limited self-repair is possible. Let's not forget that cellular regeneration is SLOW, so no magical bio-ships.

Mutation is by definition, random. Why would you want a ship that changes randomly?

It's a warship that's going into a battle. Battle = pain. Why the fuck would I want into feel? Are you some kind of sadist?

TLDR: biotech is shit.
There are biological fusion reactor or biological lasers or shield or railguns. Any purely bio-species would be weak as shit.

Nah.

Are there any mods for that shit?

Nope.

I guess I will play it in ps4

Some.

steamcommunity.com/app/290300/discussions/2/152390648086489348/

So, some folks on Reddit have started an initiative to explore planets in and around Maia/Merope in E:D

Do we have any people here willing to form up and start combing the planets for everything? We'd need like 10-20 people to really be effective.

Speaking of E:D, if i wanted to get into it, what do i have to/should buy at this point?

Yet almost four times as difficult in theory as just having cells that regenerate rapidly. Cells already regenerate, all you'd have to do is snip the code a little to say "regenerate quicker". Self-repair requires nanobots, automated services, excess plates lying around. A bioship would only need to literally 'eat' an asteroid.

Risk/reward investment. There may be a new ship born that would have better features and it's genome could make you bank. The ones that are less fortunate would obviously be reprocessed and digested to birth another.

Exactly… Why do humans feel pain? Quicker reactions, ability to tell if something is damaged, ability to REACT accordingly. A bioship would be alive and the pilot would simply be coercing it via a neural link, effectively taking spot of the subconscious of the bioship. It's a partnership, a beautiful symbiosis that you mechanofags can't understand.

The only thing correct in that list is damage detection. If you are in really great pain, you will usually just freeze, unmoving, as every movement causes further pain, possibly even drop down and curl into a fetal position.

No can do. There's just no way to "accelerate" some stuff. It's limited by availalbe nutrients and chemichal reactions.

Can you feed yourself by eating rock? A bioship would need ORGANIC fuel.

It would still be infinitely inferior to a built ship.
How would a bioship propel itself?
How would it fight?
Organic/cellular compunds are very limited in functionality.

Implying we can't tell where the damage to a ship is. It's what sensors and damage control are for. Without the actual PAIN.
Partnership? what actual partnership, you are creating a living thing so it can die and fight for you. It's not symbiosis, you're a parasite.
Like I said, a sadist.

Base game and Horizons. The arena thing is kind of dead right now.

Your understanding of consciousness is deeply flawed if you think it is possible to "duplicate consciousness without transferring it". That expression simply makes no sense. It's like thinking that by moving SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0 from your PC to my PC it's not the same thing anymore despite being structurally identical. Structure is all there is.

I don't see how Space Engine is equivalent to a humans consciousness. One is infinitely more complex than the other. I'm also of the opinion that you cant just copy and paste somebody's conscious/soul/spark of life/whatever the fuck you want to call it that separates us from animals and gifts us with higher intelligence. To say structure is all there is is just downright foolish, the human spirits existence and esoteric nature is impossible to deny.

We are not infinitely more complex than space engine, and relative complexity doesn't matter here. In principle it's the same - physical information.

There is no such thing and I invite you to try and demonstrate its existence. You don't honestly think humans posess something special besides very large frontal lobes and cerebral cortexes, do you? We are at the top of a steady gradiation in cognitive ability with nothing fundamental seperating us from dogs, or roundworms for that matter.

I would want to try but I don't even know what to be looking for. Is shit like crash sites even visible from orbital cruise? Also, I heard Banards Loop and the Horsehead Nebula are open now since they were permit locked before the sightings or it could be just a rumor.

It'd just be combing the planet. You get a bunch of people in rovers and a few people flying really low. The guys in SRVs are using their scanners to act as bloodhounds and the guys flying low are looking out for anything they can see with their eyes since they have no scanners. It'd be fanned out in several teams of a couple of people doing that.

All we are going to do is argue in circles and derail the thread if this continues. It's clear we have a fundamental disagreement on the nature of life and probably wont be budging each other opinions any time soon.

Post spaceships.

Ventaor, I would post another image of her but I don't have my laptop and only got one image of her on my flash drive.

It's not if YOU are SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0. Imagine, for a moment, that after you get your personality and shit scanned into a computer, you die immediately as part of the process. To everyone else, it seems as if everything perfectly in order - the entity uploaded is identical to you in every aspect, except being virtual. But it is not you. You are dead. The things your clone will experience have nothing to do with you. While everything works perfectly as far as the rest of the world is concerned, as far as YOU are concerned, it sucks dick, as it didn't extend your life at all.

Best mods for Oolite? Fuck paying for Elite: DLC Edition

Wrong. Your sense of self is purely an emergent byproduct of your brain activity. Any instance of your brain activity will product the same result. Whether this "you" will be that "you" isn't even a rational consideration, it's based on a metaphysical idea of consciousness you can't support. If your interpretation was true, you'd experience permanent death every time your brain activity was interrupted. Go to sleep? Dead. Drug or head impact knocks you out? Dead.

Shipfu? more like shitfu haha

I would like to but I played the game too much, it is now incredibly boring to do anything and I just close the game 5min after opening it. I'll wait for some more content.

Then it looks like we would need a good number of cmdr anons. I really doubt we have that many people that play ED on here and even if we do most are probably in different timezones.

The idea of transferring only works if you can hard-wire connect your brain to the new digital receptacle in a way that directly draws all neurochemical and neuroelectrical activity out of the brain, or something like that.. but even then, that's just semantics. That's killing the host while imitating all it's memories and behaviors with a superior copy.

While I'd probably go for it, I still feel that the best we'll see, or the least metaphysically terrifying, is AI that can generate custom-tailored porn for you. #4 and #5 in the First picture are already in development and becoming more sophisticated every year. Remember how quickly we taught Tay.AI to become a Holla Forums shitposter? Now imagine that in the next few years, we might be able to have AI that can hold a natural conversation, perhaps even learn to play games and ERP with people.

Then, as image creation gets better, you could train an AI to generate Cambodian Ink Block Prints that fit your fetishes exactly. Over the years, this could be developed into generating full digital environments and models, all the way up until you have an AI controlled, full immersion, full sensory VR Holodeck where you just tell your digital wA.I.fu what you want to experience and then it just makes it happen.

Exactly. It's basically cloning tech.

You don't really need an AI for that

or for that.

AI, true AI, would be self-aware. It could decide to call you a filthy degenerate and tell you to go suck nigger dick. What you describe could be achieved without self-awareness – a complex enough algorithm could infer your sexual prefferences if you gave it several examples of your favourite porn, and then procedurally generate what you want. We're not at that technological level yet, but, in my opinion, it's much closer than self-aware PCs

Well, artificial intelligence doesn't necessarily have to mean free will and self determination. A more accurate term for that would be artificial consciousness, I suppose.

Artificial intelligence could learn, adapt, and develop new skills and parse new information without having and kind of free will or desires of its own.

Computers can already do all that shit today. They aren't AIs.

Game?

Looks like Star Ruler 2.

Not space vidya.

And you think a bioship isn't going to be stocked with that stuff? Load that baby up with Space Soylent Greens.

Your think that a bioship couldn't be engineered to digest an asteroid for it's supplies, at least some of them? It's not naturally evolved, it can be made to do things that aren't common in natural life. Asteroids contain all kinds of stuff that our bodies use; iron, water, etc.

You can't determine that until both are build and compared.

Natural nuclear fission reactor. Those exist on earth, I don't see why they can't exist on a bioship.

You know there are living things on earth which spit acid, belch hyperheated liquids, organic darts, right? Explosive spores, too.

Naturally evolved ones are.

He very clearly specified a neural link to give commands to the bioship, not make it depended on you just to exist. Though he is retarded for suggesting the use of pain to detect damage; just use the sense of touch if you want to go that far, it's not like there's going to be many things physically touching it in space.

Most advanced technology will end up mimicking natural designs anyways. We won't use gears and pistons for example because carbon nanotube musculature is far more effective.

So the question of biological vs not biological doesn't apply all that much - at a certain point there'll be no distinguishable difference.

Found the mobius player!

Get in my ship faggot is pretty nice for people trying to carry lazy ass motherfuckers who can't put in effort to actually get a decent ship. Besides engineering and planetfall it's the most interesting feature of horizons. You'd have to be some sort of solo only faggot to not be at least mildly interested in having a friend as a co-pilot.

You bastard.

you faggots remember those text adventures? well i hope you loved them because there isnt anything else in the game, no RTS, no turn based space combat, just reading.

LOTGH Did everything better, they wouldn't bombard a whole fucking planet because habitable planets in the first place have precious resources, including a slave workforce.

The Tyranids would like a word with you

Could also go the Ship of Theseus route with gradual replacement of biological brain with electronics, until your conscious is fully on the digital side

Yeah, and its considered unwise. That was the whole reason Oberstein encouraged using it as propaganda.

Move over for the best ship faggots

I though the final production type was pretty neat.

SIEG ZEON!

The Musai and all its variants are golden.

fug wrong webm.

Damn Feddies.

It's a shame gundam treats its ships as nothing more than retarded baby targets. It's fucking retarded that one mobile suit can take down a whole battleship, even if it is painted red.

Thunderbolt was fantastic

You're God damn right.

I hope for one day to have a great Gundam game.

From what I understand, fighters did take down ships before, but unfortunately, like a lot of mech stuff and I say this as a mech fan they put too much emphasis on the mechs and that in turn ruins them. Taking down a ship that has exponentially higher combat potential than a single mobile suit should be impressive, but it never comes off like it. Its also irritating that they seem to be immune to developing technology, as you should have seen ships in Zeta equipped with the I-fields that the Big Zam used.

It is just a pity because they have nice designs, but such fucking terrible usage.

What game is that user?

Anyone here tried Stellar Monarch/Pocket space empire? couldnt get the refund fast enough off steam, great idea but no content.

I honestly wonder why Frontier even bothers keeping multiplayer if they're not going to implement actual player guilds and trading.

The moment trading comes up, retards flip out and screech about gold sellers.

How'd you make your dosh?

Gross

Gross.

You should be the last one talking about memes and gross taste nigga

It wasn't so much about just killing those people, it was about creating dredd and fear within them.
The Gamilus empire is so strong it can leave just a single fleet into the outskirt of a solar system and leave them to bombard a planet into inhabitability just to terrorize the local population that still tries to survive there.
It's about fighting your enemy in the most horrifying way imaginable and then telling others about it before invading them, that way your future invasions will be much easier as the locals just shank their leaders and surrender to you.

Or at least that strategy worked wonders for Genghis Khan.

Fun fact, in the books Reinhard didn't object to this and instead went with it.
He started feeling guilty only after Kirheis had brought it up.

>Outer Wilds is still not out

Only gene mods make any sense and they won't make you immortal, you can't become a toaster. You could potentially copy your consciousness to it but it still wouldn't be you.

The objection wasn't the use of the tactic, its how stupidly risky and inefficient it is. Glassing planets or otherwise fucking them up badly is an old staple. If they chose to do one of the three things, or two of the three, like getting rid of the overly sized shells, the tactic would be effective.

I don't remember that one, what is it from?

Check who he was replying to. There's your answer.

Gundam thunderbolt

Oh I missed it, thank you.

Sieg Zeon.

When Angels Fall First came out Holla Forums basically recreated the Gundam Universe in game, in particular they managed to recreate the Battle of Loum
Granted they had no Mobile Suits but our Starfighter pilots were beyond anything the United League players had

any dirt on yang in the books?

Just finished watching episode 26 of LoGH and I feeling scared that the show is going to go downhill from here am I right?

plot-wise or quality-of-the-show wise?

Because its an awesome series start to finish. Even though some of the plot twists are a bit cliche today.

I'm watching episode 33 right now. In it Yang gives an amazing short quip about dictatorships. Does anyone have a webm of that/ want to make a webm of that?
I had the same fear but can say that so far, it's just as good. This episode in particular is just fantastic.
I didn't want him to die. Why did this have to happen.

A little bit of both, I'm an Imperial fan even before when I saw nothing but reaction images of the show and I'm afraid that Reinhard will fall into the same pitfalls and become evil to prove some type of point about empires or something especially since he left him first

This is easily one of the best anime I have watched and the civil war arc were really good but now I am on the same ship as the anons who want a good LoGH game

>I didn't want him to die. Why did this have to happen.

I hope Reinhard learned his lessons from him I can't bare to see him turn into another goldenbraum now that he isn't here

But there is a good lotgh pc game, just watch the episodes and play the missions

No, not at all.

One of the series biggest themes is the importance of leaders over forms of government. Don't worry.

Are the LoGH books good? I know the translators took the piss out of SJW whining when the first one released, but I haven't seen any reviews.

They're actually a bit dry, and I honestly think the series made some pretty big decisions that actually improved on it. I really enjoyed the history of the setting you get at the beginning of the first book, but once it actually got the main story I couldn't help but feel that the OVA did a better job, especially with characterization. I asked around and people said that this is actually common for Japanese books.

In that case I'll skip the books and go straight to the OVA, thanks user.

You should start with the movie Overture to a New War, it replaces the first two episodes and its fantastic.

Will do.

Man, I remember why I dropped ED. Everything is carefully designed to waste your fucking time. A few seconds here, half a minute there and ultiamtely you get barely anything done just to prolong the grind.

Well I'll be damned. Thank you kindly, user!
When I started watching the show I did not know it was going to be this good. I genuinely can't believe something this damned good is actually real. It feels like it shouldn't exist. Like it has no right. Just thinking about LOGH makes me gush. Talking about it always involves gushing of sorts. It's almost sad.
Even though my reaction may seem hyperbolic, I know that I'm not the only one who'd agree that it's justified.

Yeah, for me this show came out of no where and became my favorite overnight. I wasn't even aware of the reputation it had, I just thought it would've been a good space adventure/war drama. It then exceeded every possible expectation.

Not really, the only differences i have been able to notice on him is that he seems to others a bit dryer and colder because most of the shit he said he only thought in the book.
Like in the first and second episodes where he talks with Dusty and tells him about his plan on how to not lose the battle.
In the books, Dusty didn't appear till the second book and he finally got a line in the third book, i am yet to see how much more important he ends up becoming.

Also in the inquiry scene he didnt quite get to the point of saying "Enough is enough! I qui" [PHONE RING DEUS EX MACHINA].

I remember my first contact with logh, it happened some time after i had found and watched starblazers on youtube and was just looking around what i could find, i think it was in 2006 or 7, then i found link related, went around looking for logh clips on youtube and then watched the series on Veoh.

Best summer and fall ever.

We will never conquer the stars.

Not with that attitude.

How hard is it to add a bunch of fucking sliders that change the UI color in ED?

This is what I mean by "No QoL features" whatsoever. Amazing, really.

They have trouble keeping their shitty game together, QOL is not on top of the list.

I did this and it was a mistake, the original episodes are much better for a first time viewer.

Sorry then, I don't think I'll recommend the movie over the first two eps in the future if this is the case. I thought they both did a pretty decent job of setting up the story.

So just watched LoGH ep 31 and they made a right choice choosing that nig as a bodyguard.

The devs bullshit excuse is that it was never designed to be changed so it would take too much time for it to happen, also if you change it, it messes up the colours of NPCs in their pics so they'd have to actually fix that bug too.
There are several sites you can change it with sliders then copypasta it into your config.
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

Bioships can evolve though.

I know, but it's still retarded as all fuck.

New Thread: