Computer Accessories Thread

By "accessories" I mean keyboards/mice/gamepads/headphones, etc.
I recently got off of autismbux so I'm actually able to buy some shit, although not much. All my stuff is over ten years old and I need some new equipment.
My budget is only $75 currently. The items I need the most are a new keyboard and controller. I've got my eyes set on an F310 as my controller and a Advent K112 as a keyboard, I know the latter is extremely cheap garbage, but like I said I have a small budget.
Is there anything else I could get within my price range that's better than this stuff?

Also feel free to use this thread to ask the same type of questions as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-GPX-Controller-Official-License/dp/B008JABA5C/
deskthority.net/wiki/Rollover,_blocking_and_ghosting
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit/wasd-6-key-cherry-mx-switch-tester.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i'd recommend hori controllers.
the f310 is pretty good if you're only going to be using sticks but it doesn't have a long lifespan unless you want to repair it yourself, which is fairly simple if you have spare parts.

Be warned about the F310: it's got an shit D-pad and horrible Xbox controller-tier deadzones.
You can get used to it, but it is something to take into account.
Also don't buy that fucking keyboard man, that's one of those ultracheap keyboards that companies buy en masse to give to their cubical employees, get something that'll feel good to type on. The F310 is like $40, so you'll still have $35 leftover, use that money to get a entry-tier mechanical keyboard.

that seems really expensive for that controller, i know the last one i got was $25 in beaver bux.
i can't recommend paying over $35 for any controller. if they're costing that much you might as well wait for a sale or research other 3rd parties.

Which ones, exactly?
I just had a look at a view and none of them really look like they're up my ally. I'm looking for controllers that are similar to the PS2 controller in terms of layout and shape, all of their controllers seem to be using the 360 layout and they also seem to be console controllers rather than PC ones.

Every mechanical keyboard I've found is $45+.

If you have a PS2 controller I recommend just buying an adapter. You can find them for under ten dollars.

i still have a bunch of gempad 3s, which i know are out of production.
there's a pretty good looking ps4 controller on their japanese site, but it looks like it hasn't made it to horiusa yet.
the ps3 ones used dinput so they might aswell have been pc controllers, i think all the new models use xinput so they'd be equivalent to xbox controllers in terms of functionality on pc.

How hard is it to learn to solder and build a custom keyboard? Like this will be a fun project hard or fuck I need some classes?

it's probably unrealistic to solder your own board if you need to ask. i doubt you'd have trouble buying individual parts but it could be pricey.

G502
Das Keyboard Model S Pro Soft Tactile
DS4 or 360pad
MDR7506
Blue Yeti

Fuck your budget, faggot.

Old G400, soon to have a Mionix Castor
Deck Legend MX Blacks
Wired 360
HyperX Cloud really good shit: survived two years of use and four flights in carry on bag. the metal connections are great

I may try that.

The PS3 controller is a bit of a bitch to get running on PC without spyware-tier software, though.

Leave the gamepad for some other time. Get a good mechanical keyboard, you will not regret it. Also, a trackball is fine too.

trackball is fine for not making your wrist die

Don't know if it will work worth a shit on a PC, I haven't tried it, but I got a Gamesir g3s for my phone a while back and it has a playstation stick/d-pad layout. It comes with a bluetooth usb dongle and usb cable.

Planning to get an F310.

I won't really mind much, because all I play is fightan, but are the deadzone problems really as bad as I've read?

Yes, yes they are. The F310 is overpriced by about $30. It's easily one of the worst products logitech puts out, and is a massive downgrade from their legacy rumblepad series.

Mouse: Microsoft Optical Wheelmouse
Controller: DualShock 4, or DualShock 2 with a $3 Chinese USB adapter
Keyboard: Something that lets you press more than three keys simultaneously. Crawling diagonally forward while reloading should be possible.

wew

And that's in Canadian dollars

im trying to get momodora to work with my gamepad but key detect wont detect the gamepad button presses. fuck.

Do games still use joysticks? Should i get one from Logitech or a Microsoft Sidewinder?

Yes, simulators do. And that's just the start.

CM Storm Recon. Sensor on it is top-notch, it is also ambidextrous. $40 on Amazon. If you want to spend more, then I would get the G400. Best mouse out there. It is also double the price.

Any mechanical keyboard. I prefer brown switches, they're the best. I like Rosewill, CM, Das, and Ducky. Go to PcPartPicker and filter keyboards by mechanical, and you can see a big list of them. For Rosewill the RK-9000V2 is good, CM Quickfire is good, Corsair Vengeance is good, etc. You'll be paying around $80 for any good mechanical keyboard.

I don't really care much for controllers. Though if you are on Windows, then you should probably get a 360 controller for ultimate compatibility. If you are on Linux I have had more luck with the PS4 controller, but 360 still works great on it. You can probably get a 360 for less than $30. I think the PS4 one is still around $60.

Superlux HD668B is really good. It is semi-open, so people will be able to hear what you're listening to. It's around $40, so a decent price. If you want close headphones, where people cannot really hear what you're listneing to, then the ATH-M20X are okay. Build quality is eh, it's all plastic, but they sound good. ATH-M40X is a good upgrade, just around double the price.

Blue Yeti. Best mic for the price for anons. You can also get the Blue Snowball, but it is not as great as the Yeti. It can sound really good though if you are really close to it.

I am the master of budgeting

Razer Hex Naga
Staples-brand Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech f310
Skullcandy Uprock
Zalman microphone zm-mic 1 (clips on headphones)

With the money I saved, I was able to buy a GTX 1060 and a liquid cooler.

I play shitty videogames all day and I find my wrist having a red print and that print is a huge fucking line, how to prevent this other than "get better wrists"

why not samson meteor mic user, its cheaper than yeti and might be cheaper than snowball mic too

Generally you can play vidya just fine with a shit keyboard and mouse. If you want to invest in one, get a better mouse first. As for a controller, get a Dualshock 4, Wii U Pro + adapter or Steam Controller, whichever is more comfy and suits your needs better.

Microsoft Natural Elite. It was £2 in a pawn shop, and the space bar is wonky, but it's comfy to type on. I think I saw it in a Windows 95 commercial at one point.
Clearly Superior Technologies 2545-5W. It's a finger trackball with a fancy roller system and detachable buttons. It was fucking expensive, but it's US-made and rock solid. Needed some time to break in before it worked optimally. Pic related is a similar model, but without the mono jacks for external buttons.
Whatever is closest. I have a Wii U Pro and Steam controller hooked up to PC, and I'm not fussy. Steam controller had some weird prototypes

Also I don't really care for brand much. They had test stations at the store and the sound came out clean with decent bass for 20 buckaroo headphones. I'm not much of an audiophile and if the Dark Side Of The Moon comes through crisp and I can hear the subtle sounds on a Doors album, I consider it as passing my bar of quality.

kek

KYS asspie.

Well, I don't budget too well myself:

G400(got a bunch of them when they discontinued them) + Zowie FK(like it but I regret spending my money unnecessarily)

Piece of shit Dell Keyboard with media controls(ive been putting off getting a mechanical keyboard and doing proper product research)

Wired 360 Pad + F310(got this for free; use it mainly for fightan or DS)

Audio Technica ATH-M50X( got it over black friday and saved a pretty penny for it; been wanting it for years)

Blue Yeti + Generic Mic Filter

With the exceptiong of the Zowie, I've saved anywhere from 30-60% using sales, or clearance events.

Also,
i'd strongly recommend getting a DualShock4 if you're planning on getting a controller.

I'm currently thinking of buying the DS4, but the idea of having to use third a party program turns me off from buying it. What makes it better than a 360 controller/ xbox one controller?

ducky zero
g302
dual shock 4

dpad and ergonomics

Steam is getting native Dualshock 4 support, if you use that. Outside of that the last DS4 program I used was pretty well made, although I can't remember it's name.
DS4 vs X1 is down to personal preference. Just don't get an original batch DS4, because the rubber wears off the sticks quickly, or an old X1, because you need an adapter. Also don't get the X1 elite, because the build quality is shit. If you've used Playstation controllers in the past you'll be more comfy with the DS4.

if that binding shit turns you off from PC gaming controllers, then i dont know what to tell you. even plug-n-play controllers require a bit of tuning sometimes

even though it's longer and feels like two chodes in your hands, it is by far one of the better controllers out there and a top 5.

The "original batch DS4" was replaced a couple months into the PS4's release. Since 2014, all DS4s have used an improved rubber on the sticks that doesn't wear away unless you have long, unkempt thumbnails and scratch it until you destroy the rubber, which is what will happen with any thumbstick or rubber coating. This is why when you see someone online talking about how their thumbsticks wear down, they'll almost always say that it has happened with several controllers. Because they're OCD scratchers with disgusting fingernails. The same issue exists with people breaking the shoulder buttons, specifically R2. They will claim that they've broken their R2s on several controllers, while nobody else seems to have that problem. Why? Because these are the spastics that gorilla grip their controller and slam the fuck out of R2 as hard as they can playing shooters, and tend to squeeze the fuck out of their controllers in anger whenever they die. The new controllers are still what one should shoot for, however, as they have even tougher rubber (autistic, obsessive scratchers will still destroy it) and better battery life.

I use PS1 Hori controllers with adapters. It's what I use on PC and all of my consoles.

I generally recommend PS1 and PS2 controllers because it's very easy to use them on pretty much any console. And of course, if you use the same ones on everything, you can just buy one really good controller of each type that you want and save space and money.

For more modern 3D games, I use the standard controller that comes with the console, or a 360 controller on PC.

My mouse and my keyboard are just the basic stuff from Microsoft. Bought them a long time ago. Cheap but good.

Depends on how custom you want it. Check out desk authority or geekhack to get an idea of what's involved.

Soldering takes 20 minutes to learn after watching a tutorial from EEVblog on youtube. The hardest part of building your own keyboard is being overwhelmed by the choices you can make. Assembling it is easy.

Buy any cheap mechanical keyboard first, then get one of these if you like the 360 layout. If the microsoft brand controller is a 5/10 this is an 8.5. Better d-pad, better build quality in general, and no slow turn issues in my experience.
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-GPX-Controller-Official-License/dp/B008JABA5C/

manlet

Got any thrift stores nearby? You might be able to find a better keyboard there, that one looks really cheaply made. I see a lot of older OEM and name brand boards that are still alright to type on. You can get a first-party PS1 controller (PS2 are pretty much the same but sell for more) and a USB adapter for around the same price as that Logitech controller, and you'd get better build quality and dpad.

You do? Go ahead then, they work just the same as a generic joystick and you usually don't need drivers. I think mine came with drivers for rumble, but they worked without them.

Other than buying used, there's some cheap chinese ones for $30+ like the ones from TOMOKO and Redragon. I don't know how they hold up though. You might be better off with a decent rubberdome than a shit mechanical.

Yes. Technically, any game that supports "controllers" does because they work the same software-wise. You can also use programs like Joy2Key and Antimicro to bind it to the mouse and keyboard. I've only used the Gravis Destroyer Xtreme and a beat up original Microsoft Sidewinder, though.

I'm 6'3" nigga. I just have fat as fuck sausage fingers. also, simply commenting on how they went the opposite way in regards to controller design.

So I should start with a kit then?

Are mem-chanical keyboards better than membrane keyboards?
Curious because I can't play antibirth on my membrane keyboards Isaac locks in a direction if I input more than one shooting/moving direction and one of the other input

That's just a really shitty keyboard you have then.
Also, mechanical keyboards are better for the tactile feel of them. You feel the click, so you are guaranteed that the letter went through, which is super satisfying.
You should be able to try out one or two mech keyboards if you have like, a best buy or something like it nearby.

I'm afraid I do not have a bestbuy nearby. That's my issue I really don't know where to begin looking for a not fucked keyboard.

If you're willing to part with 15-ish bucks, some sites have a sort of switch sampler, where it's a key with each mech switch, like this one.

That has nothing to do with mechanical vs membrane.

deskthority.net/wiki/Rollover,_blocking_and_ghosting

Typically you'd test a keyboard for this type of defect by holding down both shift keys and typing the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. If any letters are missing you know it's no good.

Some people really can't hear the difference, user. Just like some people can't see well enough to legally drive. They aren't actually missing the sense entirely, but it doesn't work the same way a fully functioning human's does.

lol I dunno some cheap wired Microsoft shit. The keyboard is curvy and weird.

I have an old Logitech Rumblepad2 and a Logitech Dual Action. They're both DirectInput so sometimes I have to use x360ce if the devs are shit and/or MS slaves.

Samson SR850s. I've had them for two years now, cost me $50 USD, and are apparently just Superlux 668s in a different style. They're fucking fantastic earmuffs too.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Solid choice, got it for $20 new. The yaw axis control is a little twitchy but what can you do.

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/sampler-kit/wasd-6-key-cherry-mx-switch-tester.html
I got one of these and just fiddled at the keys for a few days until I settled on one.

Got these as a gift. Sound quality is crap, but the water effect is kind of neat. I'm thinking about fiddling with the wiring a bit so I can connect it to my 5.1 speakers.

You can probably get everything except the controller adapter at thrift stores for less than $10

G502

ASUS vg248qe

RE/\LFORCE
Topre is pretty awesome.

also I have a leopold FC660C in the mail.