Halo Custom Edition Game night: Server test edition

So in T-Minus 1 hour since the creation of the OP of this thread the HCE server will be ready for testing in preparation of the Saturday gamenight. The server will be unofficially open prior to this, however it will be unstable and prone to random restarts and changes as the settings are tweaked.

JOINING THE TEST FIRE
>>>/fs/18
A pocket client of HCE is there, both in torrent nad a mega version with maps so you won't be spending every waking minute downloading them after a game. Pirate and legitimate installs will be able to connect to the server all you need is the following

Connecting
Either in the server browser look for a server named
Holla Forums8 Halo CE server

or connect via direct IP

One last step, to actually join you need the password below

rage

password IS case sensitive.

SERVER WILL START ROTATION ON LUIGI'S RACEWAY

Server info
Dedicated?: No
Server program: SAPP

Other urls found in this thread:

hce.halomaps.org/?nid=268
pastebin.com/nkW6rXDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

SERVER IS LIVE NOW
Map rotation being added to few fun gimmick maps like top down shooter style maps and implementation of infection incoming

Server still alive, also does the server have the hyrule map?

I can add it to the rotation, server is up right now and I'm just checking maps. I've had the same Halo install on this thing for ages so half the maps I've forgotten.

also there are actually like 4 LoZ maps, do you mean the massive one?

SERVER CURRENTLY ON BLOOD GULCH WHILE I IMPLEMENT SOME LUA SCRIPTING FOR THE INFECTION GAMETYPE

Wasn't there a really good Zelda mod for HCE?

Yeah the huge one,

The torrent is only 90mb. Give us a proper torrent and stop shilling for forced MEGA browser addons.

Get MegaDownloader. Or just click the "Download through your browser" button on the download page.

you literally don't have to use the addon

O I believe you goy, MEGA literally dindunuffin.

This you can also use Jdownloader

server is currently beign tweaked so I'm AFK

the MOTD has everything you need to know. working on a lua script that allows you to pic kand vote for a map based on what I have in my maps folder meaning we can expand the maps available to not just those in the rotation file

Get MegaDownloader you absolute retard.

Hey im in the game, do you know how to change the FOV?
Also can you see me typing in the game, arent responding?

HAC 2 has a build in FoV slider hit F7 IIRC or look up HAC 2 documentation

working on infection gamemode right now

it's amazing how much some craft lua scripting can be done to make a gamemode not readily available in the game work. I should see if headhunter has a lua script for it.

why not post in the other halo thread

because that's Halo Online, not Halo Custom Edition

You fucking cancer you have to go back.

look at the latest posts, they talk about CE and custom maps and shit.

Dead server, save for host and 2 faggots

Becayuse that's most likely me

server still up

Hard restart so SAPP would recognize the infection gametype

and I switch gametypes as someone joins without realizing, sorry Big Guy

It's okay, I forgive you

yeah tonight is just a test anyways, I wasn't expecting anyone to join really. I'm going through to rotation and a big reason why I want people to grab the 11 gig download is because that way any changes we make to the map rotation won't result in half the server waiting to download a map at a time

Is the server still up?

yep, still undergoing testing so expect random map changes, sudden restarts of SAPP (which doesn't affect you) and other things

I'll post a update when the server goes down, well 30 minutes prior

Just one of the maps that's definitely in the rotation for saturday

Right almost done compiling the server rotation, will post a pastebin of all the maps being played. it'll essentially be just the rotation map list in text format

Multi team vehilces work, a feature implemented in Halo 2, working in Halo 1 and it synchs

Also if you have no text in multiplayer I'll link to a fix hang tight and add it to the OP come gamenight

yeah that is a problem, everything else seems fine though aside from the occasional lag jumps, but that might just be me

Valhalla added to the rotation

hce.halomaps.org/?nid=268

MISSING TEXT FIX

Also thinking of a VC for gamenight if possible, probably discord because tox is owned by jews and mumble admins can essentially dox people

test server going down in 30 minutes

Rotation almost complete hopefully saturday people will be ready for it

Server is down, final map rotation set
pastebin.com/nkW6rXDs

There's a LUA script supposedly that grabs maps from the map folder and just randomzied gamemodes with the maps available but the script itself is gone and I can't find it so it's more or less this painstakingly put together

how playing are playing currently?

wew I meant how many people are playing currently. I guess none

well tonight was just testing

Saturday night is the real deal. I've got an infection gamemode working through scripts and it's yet to be properly test, the script works but I added a bit to have it load through SAPP when the map and GT are loaded

>>>/oven/
You brony scum.

I downloaded the mega from >>>/fs/18
That's all I need right?

This was my favorite multiplayer game as a kid but my PC is dead since there was a flood in my house, i really wish i could be playing with you anons. Fuck im sad now.

It looks like it has all the maps needed.

It's Saturday today, is the server ready yet?

Yeah i want my videogames

If I already have HCE am I good or do I have to redownload shit?

Saturday on EST

yep it has every map, except maybe a few that aren't on Halomaps. but I'll link them in the OP of the gamenight thread

Yeah Custom Edition and HAC 2, the download on /fs/ has the HAC2 packaged with it already so no need.