Snyder, Tynion, King, Johns and Bendis have crashed DC. Who should be given the reigns going forward...

Snyder, Tynion, King, Johns and Bendis have crashed DC. Who should be given the reigns going forward? What should the new guard look like?

Attached: file.png (1280x718, 2.74M)

>>116357806Those are literally all their biggest names. You’re giving us dick to pick from.

>>116357806Johns gave us more definitive runs for various characters than all those others combined. And he almost saved DC with Rebirth before he got whisked away to Hollywood. His problem is that he's not really there anymore so he can't commit to projects like he used to.

>>116357806>Johns He’s hardly done anything and yet your autism still blames him

>>116357806JURGENS!

>>116357806Who's even left to pick from?

>>116358456Doomsday Clock was a disaster. Between that, Heroes in Crisis, and Death Metal we are dealing with an unprecedented vomit of trash event comics. You already know they have a Crisis lined up in the next year and a half

>>116358289>>116358689They need to lock up Mark Russel to an exclusive deal by offering him a big title like Batman/Tec/Superman/Justice League. He had only done DC work until recently when he did the Marvel Snapshot Captain America issue for Marvel and it was really good. DC has also been unable to sign Tom Taylor to an exclusive. I think they need to lure these guys away from Marvel and give him more responsibility.

>>116358694>delays because of artist and still sold very well despite it>just tacking on a bunch of stuff johns had no part in

Attached: 1308353660218.jpg (250x250, 10.36K)

>>116358750

Attached: Cereal Lord Is Bad For Your Health.jpg (474x266, 13.16K)

>>116358750>still sold very well despite itDo you work for DC? Do you have stock in DC? No? Then a shit book selling well is not a good thing for you.

>>116357806To me of course and the other anons on this board. I call dibs on Animal Man, Kamandi and Detective Chimp.

>>116358694>Doomsday ClockNot terrible when collectively read, but yes delays totally killed the pacing. Said delays, weren't entirely his fault, nor was Doomsday Clock a huge impact on why current DC is shit. To lump him with King, Snyder, and Bendis is fucking retarded and biased on your part.

>>116358824Ok fine take Johns away from the OP. We are still dealing with a terrible state. Who should be the future?

>>116358824>Not terrible when collectively readIt's not terrible is you are retarded or braindead. You are nothing but an idiot-

>>116358777So your a moron than? Johns had nothing to do with HiC or Metal/Death Metal and he wasn’t at fault for the Doomsday Clock delays

>>116357806Grant Morrison should run DC but ATT are too pussy to give the wheel to a legend/treasure like Morrison.

>>116358892Honestly this would be the most kino outcome. He saved Heavy Metal, he can save DC

>>116358841Honestly Johns, his plans and Directions for the company with Rebirth were immensely popular.

>>116358841Thread's already ruined. Anyone that puts Johns with the other bad writers is obviously mad about something he did and then the thread devolves into arguing over it. Because there are people who have based their religion on hating Doomsday Clock and will use anything they can to hate on Johns even more for it. And this is after all the Raynerfags stopped aggressively hating on Johns and Hal.

>>116358922I think it's safe to say he's out of the running since fleeing to hollywood

>>116358866woah, that it easy with the negative vibes man. like woah

>>116357806Humphries, Yang, Spurier and-I wanna say Abnett, he's good for space adventure fillers even if I hate what he did to my boy Orion.I'm not listing Morrison mainly because he's talked about retirement.>>116358658Jurgens is fine too.

>>116357806Me you faggot. I would fix DC by getting rid of all the shitty crisis’ and executing all shitty writers.

>>116358716As long as we're living in fantasyland, I'd like DC to hire back Carey for anything and to nab Ewing from Marvel.>>116358908Considering recent events, I honestly wouldn't blame Morrison for having quietly given up on the whole mess and resolved to just do his own thing in his little corner for as long as the company lets him.>>116358926To be fair, long before Doomsday Clock there was Grail.

Attached: When you come within inches of soloing the League and taking their shit as trophies.jpg (236x408, 31.83K)

>>116357806Give Superman to Don Rosa

Attached: 1594761907678.png (640x358, 61.31K)

>>116358973HOLY fucking BASED

>>116358456Did a shit ton of shit arcs on JL new 52, then ruined the animated DC universe with his new 52 shit and was kicked from DCEU before implementing his new 52 shit.

>>116359001>Considering recent events, I honestly wouldn't blame Morrison for having quietly given up on the whole mess and resolved to just do his own thing in his little corner for as long as the company lets him.Unfortunately that's true... too bad. Morrison should make his own comics line like Alan Moore did w/ABC comics.

>>116358926Doomsday Clock is bad as it is to justify being on OP's hit list.

>>116358926>Anyone that puts Johns with the other bad writers is obviously mad about somethingOf course i am. He ruined DC with Flashpoint, ruined the JL with his Justice League run, ruined Teen Titans decades ago while i'm at it with his Teen Titans run, and so on. Fuck off.

>>116359001Grail's bad, Darkseid War is whatever, but it's hardly as bad as what the other writers have done. You could hang almost all writers on something bad they've written despite all the good they've done. This is what's so annoying. You make a writer out to be worse than Hitler, get called out for it, then move the goalposts to something bad they did as if that's all they've done.

>>116358926Pic related was written by Johns.

Attached: 142091284.png (498x1078, 889.26K)

>>116359078Then OP is a petty autist that's hung up on one comic.

>>116359083Man, cool your heels I just got here. I'm not one of the anons who thinks Johns is Satan when we have FUCKING SNYDER to use as a metric as a bad writer, I just find it funny how Grail really came across as someone's edgelord fanfiction trash baby.

>>116359083Introducing Manhattan to the dc world so we can now have Batman+Joker+Manhattan trifusion is several tiers above whatever the other guys did.

>>116359083>Darkseid War is whateverDarkseid was easily one of the worst arcs i've ever read, How can you hype up a confrontation between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor and then have a shitty fight between them happen off-page all so you can shill something as shitty as Grail?

>>116359120I would assume user's thinking about something on the level of Amazons Attack or the Sleez shit. Speaking of, I've seen Amazons Attack referenced twice in Diana's current solo which I find unfathomable; I'd have thought DC would want to bury any references to that crap forever for how poorly it was received.

>>116359113Grail is as bad as the Batman Who Laughs. There, i said it.

>>116357806DC is dead. No one on this earth can save it anymore. Long live Marvel!

>>116357806Johns did nothing wrong except trigger Watchmen fanboys. Snyder shat on their faces. But here goes. Working with what we got.Justice League by Mark RusselSuperman by Kurt Busiek Action Comics by Humphries Batman by Tomasi Detective Comics by Venditti Titans by Lobdell Teen Titans by Seeley Nightwing by LemireWonder Woman by Palmiotti and ConnerSuicide Squad by Azzarello Harley Quinn by KSD and Amanda ConnerThe Green Lantern Corps. by Morrison and JohnsAquaman by Bryan Hill Jimmy Olsen by Fraction stays Young Justice by Williamson The Flash by Orlando Red Hood and the Outlaws by PriestLegion of Superheroes by Hickman JSA by Abnett

>>116359152>I've seen Amazons Attack referenced twice in Diana's current soloI want to strangle Orlando.

>>116359096What’s wrong with that? It read fine to me and fits both Bats and WW

>>116359129Personally I'm more pissed you had a confrontation between two cosmic entities resolved like a fucking Hulk battle. Punch punch oh he shoots laser punchpunchpunch oh noes he here comes the minion bois punch oh one's fallen over>>116359153I sincerely think Grail has the potential to surpass Laughs in badness if only DC put her in more stuff. >>116359176And Orlando wanted Diana to strangle the Phantom fucking Stranger after bringing back his Judas origin, so life imitates art imitating life.

>>116359162To think that we were winning just 2 years ago and laughing at all the fucking bad events that Marvel had. Now I dont think there is even a winner. Both are unreadable shit for different reasons.

>>116358841This>>116358922. At the start of Rebirth, we had a good status to work from with writers happy to do their thing.>>116359078No it really isn't. >>116359081>FlashpointFlashpoint was going to happen with or without him you fucking idiot. Holy fuck how is this still not common knowledge? He had a shit ton of stuff he wanted to do post Brightest Day, including his Aquaman comic that got pushed back to New 52. Fucking Jim Lee and Dan Didio wanted the new status quo

>>116359153Not that I like Grail but that’s entirely inaccurate, Grail was brought in for an arc and set up a plot in WW That really went nowhere then she disappeared, BWL appeared in an Event, had a mini centered around him, appeared in a bunch of books, and starred in another event. BWL got shoved in everyone’s face way way more

>>116359129>How can you hype up a confrontation between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor and then have a shitty fight between them happen off-page all so you can shill something as shitty as Grail?Yeah I agree, that nonfight between the two was such a letdown.

>>116359172>Johns did nothing wrong except trigger Watchmen fanboys. Snyder shat on their faces.Well, except that terrible 5 years run of Justice League and all that new52 shit he made (other than aquaman which was cool). He ruined Darkseid, ruined the anti-monitor, ruined Shazam. He did a ton of bad shit.

>>116359215Fucking this. It's a case of picking your poison for me. Marvel is better organise which is WORSE because it means you get constant references and tie-ins for everyone to shit like Knull, the Black Winter, Jane Valkyrie's Anti-Life crap, whatever fucking hell the Guardians of the Galaxy find themselves in, Dr. Strange being cucked out of magic by the universe when he isn't running a school where Magik has already thrown some students into Hell, Tony Stark's foster dad trying to gift his son's soul to Mephisto, Wolverine shoved into fucking everywhere and Krakoa staining the reputations of mutants forever. At a certain point Marvel looks about as bad morally as a setting on a normal day, as DC does does in the nadir of a crisis. And Devil Hulk starts to look like a genuinely good response to the whole festering edifice.DC needs no explaination. But BECAUSE the writers seem to be doing whatever they want it also churns out standalone stories I actually love like Far Sector, the Sandman Universe content, Dial H, Green Lantern and so on which you don't need to know shit about Perpetua or Lmaoman to enjoy. Marvel has no such thing for me, because everything is neatly organised and linked back to the shitty crossover events that remind you how FUCKED everyone and everything is.It's awful to say that as far as both companies have fallen, I genuinely still prefer DC to Marvel for all it's flaws. And that isn't praise for DC's events, it's a condemnation of how fucking sick I am of Marvel's. Fucking christ, someone punish Gamora for bending the universe in half already.

>>116359215Oh yeah and right now Khonsu has effortlessly conquered the whole fucking world over the space of a few nights, just by buffing Moon Knight enough to solo all the Avengers. All because he's terrified of Mephisto. A being Dr. Strange soloed WITH the powers of the Avengers at a time when his magic was fucking him in the ass especially hard; the only reason why Mephisto is an issue is literally beacuse Strange decided to lock him up on Earth and move on to other business instead of focusing on sticking the big damn red devil back in Hell.

>>116359113If you don't want a reply then don't make a response. Or at least don't get defensive about it.>>116359120Wouldn't the blame be better placed at Didio, the EiC at the time that obviously wanted to milk the franchise?>>116359129I actually skimmed the main stuff while enjoying the tie-ins. Just like I did with Infinite Crisis, also written by Johns. Not all his events are going to be Sinestro Corps War or Forever Evil or even Blackest Night. But I've read much worse stuff that we're still feeling the effects of.

>>116359258Flashpoint still sucked as an event and the reboot is still on him. What about his Justice League run that character assassinated every character in it?

>>116359383>don't get defensive about itRead your own post, you sound way more defensive than I do about defending Johns. And again, I have nothing personal against Johns. Darkseid War amuses me in a very dumb popcorn flick kind of way, and when I read it I mentally do a kind of Muh Phoenix edit for all the silliness.I am, however, entirely in favor of blaming Didio for not doing everyone a favor and jumping off a cliff in the 90s.

>>116359374>>116359343I feel like with Marvel there's a desire to integrate all their properties together but the way they're doing it just feels way more cluttered.

>>116359423>Flashpoint still sucked as an event and the reboot is still on himProbably because his heart wasn't into it and stopped giving a fuck because it was leading to a massive reboot. He was likely called in to do it because of his success on The Flash. I mean how would you feel that your stack of stories meant shit because the higher ups wanted to wipe the slate clean? >What about his Justice League run that character assassinated every character in it?Yeah Justice League was shit, I'll give you that. Though I've heard whispers Jim Lee ghost wrote a lot of it, but that's neither here nor there considering its just hearsay. Still I liked Jessica Cruz. But it doesn't justify his JL run.

>>116359172>Batman by Tomasi Why? Tomasi is so fucking boring on Tec. Give him Titans or whatever.>Detective Comics by Venditti Meh. I guess I could live with this but Venditti just doesn’t excite me at all.>Titans by LobdellFuck you. You going to put Booth or art too? And Lobdell is done after the harassment charges, he’s out of DC. The Titans needs a X-Men under Hickman kind of revamp, they have been dogshit for decades now. They need to do new stuff that’s not just >member Judas Contract?>member Trigon?>member Who is Donna Troy?

>>116359499Damn, man. If you love Geoff Johns so much why don't you go ahead and ask his hand in marriage or something?

>>116359423I mean Flashpoint as a story was pretty great but yeah Didio and the other editors hijacking the miniseries and Conscripting the ending to reboot everything wasn’t great, his Justice League while not perfect was still a fun read

>>116359520So you did you just give up on forming an argument or something? I literally just called his New 52 Justice League shit

Johns ruined:Young Justice.Teen Titans.Justice League.Captain Marvel.Wonder Woman.Darkseid.The only thing he did of good was Green Lantern and Aquaman. And even then Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps was much, MUCH better than Johns' Green Lantern. And the whole thing peaked at Sinestro War.

>>116359431I feel that's relative? Like DC is so cluttered that for the longest time I had no idea if the Justice League solo post-Year of the Villain had any continuity at all with Death Metal. And Bendis Superman had a fight with the Legion of Doom that fit in absolutely nowhere in Snyder JL, and existed mainly to pretend Leviathan was in any way relevant. Maybe we're having different conversations though, what I meant was because Marvel has more "everyone is involved with and aware of what everyone else is doing" it's easier for more spillover of out of character moments, war crimes, falliable powers and general embarrassment to have repercussions and be made prominent as canon.Whereas when I'm truly sick of following Snyder in morbid fascination, I can just switch off to read the new Lucifer sequel that mercifully retcons out of existence the old one. Or Green Lantern. And because they're written in a way that barely touches on what's going on in the "main event" by reasonably competant writers, I can enjoy it.>>116359505DC seems to have a talent for letting dogshit storylines stay dogshit and stagnant until they become entrenched lore. Member the fuss kicked over Azz run's being retconned by the Finches, with the net effect of insane misandrist amazons being kept as the default characterisation?>>116359553Not him but I mean personally it just seems very odd you're this defensive about Johns. Again, one of the anons who doesn't hate him, but I can't really remember him doing anything that outweighs Grail either. And no, his Green Lantern work doesn't count because Grail wrecked both Hal and a construct powered by the whole corps.

>>116358694>You already know they have a Crisis lined up in the next year and a halfDeath Metal is a Crisis. The characters are explicitly talking about rebooting the multiverse, even the heroes (heroes want an infinite multiverse back, Batman Who Laughs wants 52 worlds of nightmares).

>>116359505I think Vendetti would probably be better with either a cosmic character or maybe the JSA

>>116359593It's very annoying how Snyder keeps calling it "an anti-Crisis" like that actually means anything.

>>116359583>defensive about Johns.I just get fed up with people on here acting like he's in the same shit league as Bendis, Snyder, and King right now. There are people on here who fucking lose it over Johns like he personally raped their mother or something. He's had both good and bad material, enough in my personal opinion I think equals out

>>116359288>, ruined Shazamhi bllyfag

>>116359605I'd guess he's saying that due to the whole "restore the infinite multiverse" part, assuming it actually happens.

DC bros.. we got too cocky..

>>116359288>Ruined ShazamOh its this faggot again

>>116359624Johns for the longest time was called DC's Bendis. Take that as you will.

>>116359624Alright, understandable if a bit miffed you mistook me for the Johns haters. He certainly hasn't come within a hair of doing as much damage to DC as @!£%%^ Snyder, as the insufferable manchild has literally started calling himself in Death Metal, has done every time he writes a new issue.I don't even truly feel anger towards Grail. I just feel amusement and awe that she passed editorial's supervision.>>116359668At this point even assuming Snyder leaves the infinite multiverse thing to be handled by better writers once his shitty event is over and done with, I'm not even wholly sure if it's worth it anymore.

>>116359574>Young Justice.Nah Mate Judd Winnick fucked that up>Teen TitansThe run was fine, his take on the characters were generally great and despite your butthurt were genuinely well received>> Justice LeagueNot his best work but it still had good arcs like The Amazo Arc>>Captain MarvelAgain Judd Winnick fucked up that character completely beforehand and honestly his Shazam is a great update of the franchise>> Wonder WomanHow did he ruin her exactly? Are you talking about the Supes/WW romance that was editorial>>DarkseidHow?

>>116359742Nigga, you're in love with Johns. I'm not talking to you any further. I stand by what i said.

>>116359742>Nah Mate Judd Winnick fucked that upWinick didn't write Kon as Superman and Lex's butt-baby.

>>116359184Fuck YOU,

>>116359741At least Johns tried to do something like Watchmen in terms of a modern deconstruction of the entire comic industry with Doomsday Clock (yet morons on here just call it Superwank for some reason). Nowhere near as effective as the original of course, but there was effort involved. Now Snyder on the other had just fucking throws Batman Who Laughs into a Dr Manhattan body of sorts because fuck it

>>116359829>At least Johns tried to do something like Watchmen in terms of a modern deconstruction of the entire comic industry with Doomsday Clock

Attached: dude stop.jpg (280x373, 12.7K)

>>116359755So you have no argument then? I’m not saying he’s the best writer but your list was shit

>>116359742>How?Not him but as a keen Darkseid observer I think what user means is: Introducing him as a very early Justice League villain who was defeated in a very trivial and disorganised manner by very inexperienced Leaguers while barely having any lines and fighting like a dumb hulk instead of the brutally efficient schemer he was in the older stories-such that later stories tried to make the League react to him as a much more formidable threat they should have been more cautious about, and retroactively made him so powerful it was simply impossible for him to have lost the way he did. Giving him a backstory as a mud grubber on Urgrund who gained his powers by whispering to the Old Gods in their sleep and making them kill each other. And finally, never actually explaining how he had Grail. It's never explained at all how the hell Myrina fucked him and got away with her life after he figured out she was raising their daughter to kill him.Oh yeah, and /making Highfather his brother AND brother in law, having married their sister/Really if Highfather had any fans in this day and age, they'd be screaming for Johns' head on a stake. But he's so sad and pathetic in the New 52, I don't believe he does.

>>116359829I'm honestly angrier with Snyder about THE SIXTH DIMENSION and PERPETUA and the SUPER CELESTIALS and GIVING THE FUCKING ANTI-MONITOR A BACKSTORY THAT AMOUNTS TO "MOM WAS MEAN TO ME BUT I ALSO KIND OF MISS HER IM SAD I HATE MY BROTHERS FOR BREAKING MY ROOM TO GET RID OF HER" at this point. Laughs is just an event villain, but with those Snyder clearly wanted to make his mark on the wider DC cosmology to cement his contributions in the laziest or stupidest way possible.

>>116359783But he did write Graduation Day which set a lot of that stuff up

>>116359838But he did, and that's not an argument. I even said it was nowhere near as good as the original. But at least he tried to say something

>>116359846I'm saying i'm not going to discuss about Johns with you because everything you've posted thus far shows me you're a hopeless fanboys who likes the absolute shit this man writes and will come up with any kind of pathetic excuse. Fuck, man. You're defending Doomsday Clock. Jesus, have some self-awareness.>>116359874Did you like Johns' backstory for Anti-Monitor better? You know, the one where he was random schmuck who got infected by the anti-sanction and thus became... * drumrolls * THE ANTI-Monitor!

>>116357806Johns and Morrison are the two worst things to ever happen to DC Comics.

>>116359877>I even said it was nowhere near as good as the original.Try ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT THAT IS OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE WITH HALF A GODDAMN BRAIN.

>>116359938Morrison is the only good thing that still comes out of DC

>>116359574How the fuck did Johns “ruin” Captain Marvel? I swear Billyfags chimp out over nothing.

DC needs to throw a dumptruck of cash to Loeb

>>116359932Huh? I never said anything about doomsday clock. I think your confusing me with another user.

>>116359985Did you read anything Johns wrote? That's how. It's even worse because he used his position to turn his shitty take into a movie script that got made into a movie.

>>116359966Morrishit is always bad

>>116359952You're a fucking autist with adds nothing to the conversation, you realize that right? You push the idea that Moorefags are the tipping fedorafags of the comic community. Moore is unironically ashamed of what he created because of people like you.

>>116359985eat shit and read some comics made before 2000

>>116359932>Did you like Johns' backstory for Anti-Monitor better? You know, the one where he was random schmuck who got infected by the anti-sanction and thus became... * drumrolls * THE ANTI-Monitor!I mean the Antimonitors original origin kinda sucks as well, so It doesn’t really matter

>>116359985He's a notorious fucking autist and the reason why we can't EVER have good Billy threads on here. He samefags too>>116360007>>116360032

>>116360031Nigga, you're trying to push the idea that Doomsday Clock was not "so bad". Fuck off. Johns didn't even know where Russia was in that shitty comic. That's how low-brow the whole thing is.

>>116359718Only by one memeing faggot that was probably you

>>116360068Even Bendis himself joke that Johns is his brother of another mother. Everyone made that joke. EVERYONE.

>>116360068Bendis is way better than Johns ever was.

>>116360065It actually wasn't, and you're proving me right about biased autistic fanboys who can't form proper arguments being the loud minority

>>116360007His Shazam was great and the movie based on the book was great! It’s not big Black Eye Classic Marvel but it’s a Modern Take that works

>>116360050>I mean the Antimonitors original origin kinda sucks as well, so It doesn’t really matterOh, but Snyder take is awful despite keeping a lot of the original ideas, huh?

>>116360103It was. It was fucking terrible. That's how i know you're a fanboy with shitty taste that will do nothing but excuse every Johns mistake. So there's no fucking discussion.

>>116360107Stop lying.

>>116360127>It was. It was fucking terrible.An OPINION you seem to mistake as a fact for retarded reasons>that will do nothing but excuse every Johns mistake.Motherfucker I've literally pointed out Johns mistakes in this very thread, you moron.>So there's no fucking discussion.Right because I'm not stroking your fucking ego and patting you on the back like a good fanboy. Gets some self-awareness or meds you fuck

>>116359932>Did you like Johns' backstory for Anti-Monitor better?I'll be real for you, it was such an empty answer of a backstory that I forgot he wrote one at all. And what little there was of it ("he was a mass murderer who feels oppressed because the Anti-Life Equation doesn't let him enjoy murdering up close and personal but he's still an impossibly swole Qwardian who has godlike power without it") was so meaningless that I at least forgot about it very quickly and mercifully.Which is still more than I can say for Snyder's mommy issues dogshit.>>116360111The Anti-Monitor having a fucking bigger and more powerful and eviller mother was NOT one of those original ideas, and it is easily the one that makes me the angriest.

>>116360127Than why are you still talking user? If there is no discussion to be had why bother trying? Doomsday Clock was good and sold extremely well even with the delays

>>116360184But I’m not, his Shazam is fun and deserves the heaps of praise it gets

>>116359505Lobdell would put Wally back with his friends where he belongs and art should be by Dexter Onions And I picked Venditti for Tec cause he writes the team dynamic really well as seen in his Hal n Pals. I'd like to see that done for the Batfamily. And fuck you I like Tomasi.

I still stand by Humphries, Spurrier and Yang as my dream being in charge of DC team but you guys' picks are okay too.

>>116357806I think they should do a massive version of what Top Cow does to bring in new talent. Just have a free for all of ideas. Set up a convention, split the sections between writers, artists, inkers, letterers, etc. Let them choose who they think would be the best and give them some low to mid tier titles at first. Then depending on how well they are liked/sold, bring em on to bigger titles. You now have a new pool to choose from. Who knows? Sure you might get another King or Bendis? But then again, you might get another Lee or McFarlane?

>>116360286Dogfucker did wonders to Harley. I just hope his stuff sticks around

>>116360286Humpries Dial H was a surprise gem

>>116357806heres my unpopular opinion; King and Bendis are perfectly fine even though action comics and LoSH wasnt all that interesting and tom king just writes depressed characters all the time. tom king gets irrational hate on here, bendis dialogue is overblown out of proportion on here too. aging up jon makes sense for him to be on LoSH. his adventures are in the future and should be seperate from the current timeline. if he was just aged up and was knocking about in the present then theyd have to age up damian too to answer OP, give grant morrison the reigns and have him be the CCO or at least the editor for justice league or batman or superman

>>116360082He called Johns “Bizarro Me” which means Johns is the opposite of Bendis.

>>116360242>Lobdell would put Wally back with his friends where he belongs and art should be by Dexter OnionsDid you even READ Rebirth Titans? Because guess what, Wally was back with friends and it was still fucking trash. Nostalgiafags just wanted the NTT together but didn’t have any idea for what they should fucking DO once they were together again. So they said “we’re a family” and didn’t do shit. Lobdell’s TT were fucking ass, he should never be allowed near the franchise again.

>>116360294I feel like they should test new teams out in the DC 100 Page Giants, the books are cheap and the writing/artists aren’t the selling point for the books so it would be a good way to get their feet wet

>>116360286Humphries actually lives up to the “DC will redeem him” memes. I’ve liked everything he’s done at DC except Harley Quinn and that’s mainly because Moore and Morrison could be on HQ and I wouldn’t give a shit. I hope he gets another book now that his HQ run is done, Dial H was the most Hypercrisis shit I’ve seen in years, moreso even than Morrison GL.

>>116360309I credit dogfucker with making me not hate the little Harley I’ve read, because I severely loathe the way she’s been pushed and the general concept of her as a character. I hate that her stories basically ignore DC as a setting to overwrite it with silly stupid plot armour for Harley to do what she does in her stories. The point is, I credit Humphries for letting me sincerely enjoy his Granny Goodness stories and Humphries’ general portrayal of Granny despite being a bit character in a story about Harley. But no, what I actually meant as my Why Humphries Is Great example was his Dial H run.

>>116360378That was Abnetts fault and editors making him delay anything to do with Wally

>>116360410>Moore and Morrison could be on HQ and I wouldn’t give a shityou know this isn't true we would all read it lol

>>116359172>Wonder Woman by Palmiotti and ConnerThey were the team for her 100 Page Giant, the run was ok but nothing to write home about

>>116360379That's an excellent idea. And I'm not quite sure if this would be considered controversial or not but I think Wildstorm would be a cool playground for new groups to try and create in.

>>116360459And you think fucking LOBDELL would fare better? It’s all moot anyway he’s done with DC according to his Instagram

>>116360339I think Tom King is fine if you let him only write oneshots, I mean I didn’t hate his Darkseid War contribution. As for Bendis, strangely I don’t hate Young Justice even though I do hate what he’s done to Superman. It’s frankly inexplicable how much better Young Justice is at the moment, it’s just a misadventure across the multiverse. Also, keked at Connor’s Prime Time joke.>>116360410I wish Humphries was willing to take on Wonder Woman. Out of the DC writers I listed I think he’s the only one who can save her now. Like I said Mozz is too old for this shit and in any case imo Final Crisis and his Earth-2 solo for her showed even Mozz isn’t sure how to salvage Wonder Woman. Yang lacks a certain...spontaneity Humphries has which I feel is necessary to save Diana from the trash fire her continuity has become. Spurrier’s made his name for me on chilling Vertigoesque stories so far, I’m not entirely sure what to make of Jemisin even though for her first foray into comics Far Sector is encouraging and let’s not even consider Abnett.

>>116360508Red Hood and The Outlaws has been really good and Flash Forward was pretty good.

>>116360502I mean they’re doing nothing with the properties so I don’t see why not, Wildstorm would be a great testing ground

>>116360684It stopped being good long time ago.

>>116360548I tried reading his recent Young Justice issue focusing on Bart... IT honestly gave me a headache trying to read it

>>116360867I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m not a YJ fan or anything. All I’m saying is, it didn’t have the sheer Omega Sanction-like pervasive stench of awful that Superman currently does.

>>116360824My plan would be to have Jim Lee be the guiding influence of the new Wildstorm (Considering its his brainchild and also he's the perfect corporate man), and let him personally pick which of the chosen should go on which. Wildstorm is a property just waiting to come back into the spotlight. It's a shame that DC just flat out ignores it all because they were idiots with the new 52 launch and they didn't sell their Wildstorm comics well. I know there was that Ennis comic but to me that isn't Wildstorm.

>>116361071You show far more faith in Lee than I’ve come to expect.

>>116357806Continue with Snyder, Tynion, King, Johns and Bendis. Rehire DiDio while you are at it. I want to see it all burn to the ground.

Attached: jobberseid slaps jobberman.webm (498x280, 146.49K)

>>116359742Johns gets a free pass for a lot of the damage he did to the TT fanchise.

>>116361129Say what you will about Lee but he's more passionate about comics than at least 90% of his contemporaries and if you gave him a job where he could help guide people who had as much energy and enthusiasm as he had in the 90s, I think there's a very little chance he would screw up. Also he's very much the definition of a corporate guy. So he would make sure that the new guns wouldn't go overboard.

>>116359129>Darkseid>cosmic entityDarkseid wish he is a cosmic entity.

>>116361223I’ll laugh bitterly if Death Metal ends with the true versions of the edgelord characters like Grail and Prime Time teaming up with the Justice League to kamehameha Laughs out of existence

>>116357806>Who should be given the reigns going forwardI honestly don't care at this point, no matter who wins, we lose. DC needs a janitor. Marvel has Ewing who mostly is running around cleaning up after other writers. Hell, a good chunk of his Hulk run was just him cleaning up after CW2.

>>116360837It dropped in quality by force when Heroes in Crisis happened and they made Lobdell get rid of the Outlaws

>>116360241no one praises it but hardcore JOhnsfags

>>116360378all Teen Titans is fucking ass

Imagine being the Batman Who Laughs in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Perpetua, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific tapeworm monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another Joker in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Batkek and not only lurk in that lair while Perpetua flaunts her disgusting body in your cosmic mindlink, the favorable lighting barely concealing her random mascara and wormlike skin, and just sit there, panel after panel, crisis after crisis, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as the writers tell her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, PERPETUA LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her alien fucking salamander face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of Justice Leagues and doomed earths and later alleged Apex Predators for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in the Dark Multiverse. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to be there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then Snyder continues doodling with his idea crayons, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before DC editorial could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the goddamn LMAOman. You're not going to lose your future royalties over this. Just bear it. Grin and bear it.

Attached: D2FEE707-54FC-430D-9368-E159AEF7C612.jpg (3974x3056, 3.41M)