Ps3 had no games

What will the ps5 have?

It will require you to sign up with your online account and then it removes the games from it. Thats it

You forgot the 8$ a month required for keeping the online account.

This entire generation had no fucking games. All remasters and rehashes with little in the way of niche titles.

Remember when we called the ps3/360/wii generation the worst it could get?

Look at this skeleton to understand.

Well, I cannot tell you what the PS5 will have, but the PS6 or PS7 will probably have every game ever made.
Negative Stack Overflow happens at some point, right?

thanks doc

if the ps3 had no games then why am i still playing it?

I dont know man, thats some spooky shit

T-Then what are you playing.
Open the disc tray user.

I hear Sony's working on new tech for the PS5 that will actually allow it to absorb your current game collection from other systems. It won't actually play the games, just absorbs them so you actually get negative games from the PS5.

So long as it has weebshit I'm good. PS3 had plenty of niche JRPGs, the PS4 is finally gaining steam.

And xbox is dead/Burgerfied so they can't steal Japanese games from the Playstation anymore.

So that is where it's games come from?

This generation somehow pulled an incredible stunt:

There are record numbers of devs, and low number of games, across all platforms.

Even PC was victim of this due to unfinished games addiction, every single cool game out there when you take a look is early access, and many DO have problems (example: Empyrion: rather cool game, but you can run out of things to do rather quick, there is no AI combat, and so on, Empyrion is only truly fun multiplayer, but I have no friends… another example: Kenshi, in EA since forever. the best JRPGs available are in EA and thus have unfinished and changing plots, like CrossCode and Grindea. Lots of unfinished Tycoon games, with essential features missing, and so on…)

When I go look for a FINISHED new good game, there are really few…

Even GTA5 managed to stumble into this: Rockstar keep updating its MP and adding more MP-only features, and SP is kinda cookie-cutter and not that much more interesting than San Andreas for example…

Streaming only, no more physical games.

Back in my day when we bought a game it just worked.

no, just the indie shit that has been coming to the platform like gone home.

But user

the chinese room is a PC developer.

but ps3 had a lot of games

ps4 has no games tho

that's probably the game

And Everybody is gone to the Rapture was an advertised PS4 exclusive published by Sony itself.

At least those are games.

and it's not a PS4 exclusive, so what's your point? Sony wants to push games. They also have been pushing games like Ni-Oh and Gravity Rush 2.

Smash 4, Bayonetta 2, Sun/Moon and X/Y, Total War Warhammer, etc. Its mostly lukewarm but there are many games worth playing or at least pirating. Theres only nothing if youre a sonygger/Xbot

No console

The Vita has had far more games than the 3DS, and even the PS4 has been more appealing than other platforms lately.

I thought I already addressed rehashes

fixed

that is true too, the Vita has undeniably been the unexpected wonder of the generation if you actually play games.

Too bad people don't buy consoles for games. I mean the dream cast proved that.

yeah. I was looking into it because my friend got his own dreamcast recently so I was over his house last night playing it until like 3 in the morning. I looked it up, and the Dreamcast had more games than the N64. Like, not just by a hair of a few dozen or something, but literally 200+ more games despite the system being relevant for a fraction of the time. saturn was still better, though.

But we're not here because of platforms are more popular, or whatever, we're here because we care about video games on some level.

Exclusive Sony movies

Nice meme. The Vita is a sad piece of shit with nothing but generic weebshit garbage.

That might actually benefit everyone who doesn't buy it.

I can't believe how hard that movie got shilled on this board some years ago.

My point you obtuse retard is that a walking sim came from the PS4 to Steam and the platform has just as much shovelware and indieshit as the that shitty normalfag store.

Maybe if you weren't too busy droning for a shitty company you could have actually understood what I meant.

I knew what you meant, it was just a terrible point with no actual backing. You need to work on that if you want to be taken seriously.

Persona 5

Bro, you're supposed to play games, not the platf-
Oh.

The difference is that now the PS3 has a lot of games. It became a good console over the years. I only bought mine in 2015, for a really good price.

I have more than 10 exclusives here, and that's already enough for me to justify the purchase. Everything that isn't exclusive is played on PC.

The PS4, on the other hand, will never have as many games. It will probably have around 4 exclusives, and forever be the PS4games, defeater of the Xbox One-game.

I will probably still get a PS4 used in 5 to 10 years. Really don't think they will be all that expensive.

Doesn't matter if they're good, what matters is if they're exclusive.

is that really how you think it works?

No games.

They are good.

Also, I have expressed myself kinda poorly. I also bought it for console exclusives in general, which are included. I don't give a shit about Halo, but I do like Yakuza and MGS, so I got the PS3.

It has a decent amount of games. I own a Wii, and it definitely has fewer worthwhile games than the PS3. I only own because of the GameCube compatibility.

The GameCube itself does have more games than the PS3, though (and includes some of the best games ever made), which is pretty ridiculous, because it's not like it had that many games either. Even a massive commercial failure like the Saturn beats the GC in the amount of good games available.

Hell, I have almost 100 Dreamcast games here, so the PS3 library is undeniably small, at least in games that are worth playing.

You said it yourself.

you are mighty delusional.

The PS5 will have an incredibly good From Software exclusive, and after several years it will get Persona 6 or 7,

These will be the only exclusives, and otherwise it'll just be a steam-machine with an attached proprietary PSN-branded social network.

You need to get a new laptop

my laptop is fine actually, it's my desktop that is showing its age, but I won't be upgrading for any games

At least they know their audience now

You said it was a 2012 laptop
Stop pretending

No, I said it was a 2012 desktop, which it is, I built it then. I have a laptop from this year which I use while I'm not at home, of course. I also have a laptop from 2002 I use windows 98 on for very specific software, and a sega saturn from 1994, and a Tandy 1000EX from 1984.

Nobody does though. And even if they do most gamers only play the big budget (Western) triple A shit.

There are a lot of games coming up for PS4. You see a new announcement on nichegamer every few days.

yeah, but we aren't exactly on a mainstream gaming forum, are we? Most of our posters seem to be slavic PC gamers who don't exactly buy games and have a bizarre distaste for anything not on PC or not Western.

Is that real?

yeah, there's also halo ones. The call of duty and halo games have had pretty wide appeal, you know.

You said laptop, I remember clearly

>>>/oven/

I think you mistaking me for someone else or are confusing this thread for another.

Where are all these cucks coming from?

There was a thread shitting on Nintendo and the Switch a day before New Years Eve

There will hopefully be no PS5, since the PS4 is a fucking $400 Bloodborne machine.

It's not as bad as LEGO MOINOYCROFTA.

did we travel back in time?

If only

PLAYSTATION HOME
WITH PLAYSTATION VUE.

Nothing.

Literal Uncharted/TLoU machine (probably with a souls game)
Trying to play any other games will make it self-destruct.

Compatibility with all PS games?

TIPPITY TOP FUCKING KEK

wow dude don't post nazi frogs.

all me

I post what I want

PS3 had plenty of games as the years went on, but it was sorely lacking at the start.

PS4 will probably go the same way once Nip devs stop making games for the PS3.

it will take your games away from you

It will literally scan other devices on your network and uninstall all the games from those devices.

Really though, I honestly think the PS5 is just going to be an upgraded PS4. In the past architectures evolved very quickly and thats why a new console generation was necessary. Today, x86_64 is literally the fastest architecture in the world with arguably the most support (ARM would have better support but it has no platform standards) while everyone else is a distant second, so now everything is stagnant and there is little reason for Sony to use anything other than x86_64 at this point.

At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they try to force a subscription service for games. So you buy a game for a certain amount of years annually, maybe at a slightly reduced price at first. So instead of paying 60 or 70 you pay 50 to own it for a year. Normalfags would eat it up, since most sell their games after a year anyway. Then eventually once its been normalized you just buy games for a year, then coupled with episodic releases, the true jewery begins on the console audience.

I like how technology stagnated as soon as the liberal tech-degree hipsters took over every industry

It's been 4 and a half years user

oh my

Antigames

Definitely looks like the work of Bioware I see

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see something like this happen, but it'll be Steam that pioneers it. Everyone in the game industry is desperate to shift the industry from product based to service based, but only Steam has been successful enough to take the all important step 1 of destroying physical games.

Stop.

Tell Sony to stop.

the more i stare at it the more i find jarring awful decisions in the piece and its making me mad

The future will be dominated by the equivalent of "Netflix but for games." You will stream all of your games and the different service providers will compete with eachother by means of exclusives. The games they have in common will be any games made before this practice started as well as games still made to be played on PCs instead of stream exclusives.

I think PCs will still exist and it'll be the go-to place for any core players, and all of the streaming will be focused on smartphones and smart TVs.

It's horrifying to know that a professional artist was paid money to draw that.

THEY COLORED THE FUCKING BLUE IN, HOW THE FUCK DO I ADD LIGHTING / SHADING TO THAT SHIT NOW THAT ITS FULLY COLORED IN? YOU HAVE TO FUCKING ERASE LIKE A BASTARD AND RUIN YOUR GODDAMN ERASER TO ADD ANY SORT OF LIGHTING AT ALL AND THEN IT WILL LOOK WEIRD TO THE LIGHTING YOU ADD YOURSELF
WHERE IS THE TITTY CORPSES HEAD? THE LEG IS TOO SMALL TO HIDE THE ENTIRE HEAD
WHY ARE HER LIPS SO BIG
WHY IS ONE OF HER LEGS BENDING INWARD
FUCK

It's gonna happen, and it's gonna be fucking pathetic.

We'll have to see JUST how normalfags react to this. It's gonn be too good.
This could actually be the beginning of the end for the gaming industry.

There's two flaws in that concept:
1 - mobile games don't cost enough money to make their developers want to switch to games as a service. They can pay some guy $10 to shit out something like flappy bird, pay another guy $5 to add in a microtransaction system, and they're rolling in money. They have no need to switch their financial model. The Big 3, on the other hand, have every reason to want to shift their model due to massive production (marketing) costs.
2 - a lot of console gamers still demand physical games. We're a dying breed, but there are enough of us that the PSPGo was considered a big enough failure to prevent the PS4 from being digital only. This effect is massively boosted for Nintendo since it targets children who wouldn't have access to a credit card for streaming services. The only way games as a service would work is on a platform that has eliminated physical games. The only platform that ever succeeded in this is PC, and Steam spends every waking moment grooming modern gamers to not have any concept that they could or should own the games they pay money for. PC will not be the last bastion of gaming. It'll be the first to sell out its fans.

There's a good way to combat that, but you're not gonna like it. You've probably already guessed what it is.
I think a lot of anons need to get over their phobias of participating in normalfag communities because not only are you subjecting yourself to an echo chamber, but you're also subjecting the NORMALFAGS to their own echo chamber. Get the hell out and shitpost on Normalfag communities. You're not convincing anyone to quit feeding the kikes on Holla Forums.

Making a Tumblr account to trigger SJW's doesn't make you a hipster SJW. Dropping redpills on political subreddits doesn't make you a Redditor. Shitposting on the Steam forums doesn't make you a good goy.

The only way to combat a Jew is to enter his territory. Don't be the wimpy pushover kid you were in High School.

This isn't about streaming as a service being better for the publishers, it will be demanded by the consumers once someone proves the concept (probably Amazon since this is exactly the kind of thing they'd do and thanks to their web services they already have the tech for it). People will see how much more convenient it can be to just stream their games like their movies which means they don't need powerful phones/consoles to run them and they don't need to buy games or deal with IAPs or advertisements.

Sure there are many people that want physical games but not enough to justify an entire console after the masses abandon consoles for streaming. Do you really not believe that a huge majority of people on console wouldn't eventually prefer streaming under the circumstances that it works just as well or better than their console (as long as they're internet-connected)? The market for this will move to PC because the demand for it won't die (and might even increase) but I don't think we'll get to the point where the demand is high enough to justify a console manufacturer to try making a Playstation 7.

Never forget that $team != PC and it isn't one cohesive platform. If there is no other platform where you can get physical games then it will become the platform for physical games because the PC is whatever people want it to be.

When I went Christmas shopping I saw a grownass kid (maybe like 16 or 17) clutching a box.

The problem with that statement is that for all intents and purposes, it is. Steam has the biggest market share of all digital distribution platforms by a massive margin. There's a reason the new push for Japanese games on PC has each and every one of those titles being Steam only. It's like saying Youtube isn't the only place to watch or upload videos. Sure it's not, but everyone's there, so the selection on other services is non-existent in comparison.

That's my point. I'm well aware that normalfags will drop consoles like a bad habit if their Mac can stream their walking simulators and "interactive drama." That's why you can see the Big 3 currently grooming people to go digital (see: Vita in the west). All I'm saying that consoles will have to play catch up with Steam on this because Steam has already taken the supremely important first step of getting gamers to think of games as an experience like dinner and a movie rather than a product.

I play videogames to get away from people. I play niche games and never participate in online gaming. If gaming dies I'll go do something else anti social.

NEGATIVE GAMES

My point wasn't to say that the vast majority of people who play on PC use steam, but that this isn't inherent to the platform. There is currently next to no demand for physical games on PC but if that demand were to suddenly exist then there is nothing stopping PC from being the platform for physical games.

I think the console part will just be skipped entirely. Sony already has game streaming set up with PS3 games and I'm betting after the next console generation there won't be a Playstation, there will only be a PS+/now subscription for your smart TV or phone and Sony peripherals like a dualshock 6.

What there needs to be is a service that delivers on demand.
Something like Indiebox but with actual games.

Aslo storeige

That post is pretty fucked but anyways storage and computing power are not a problem, Amazon probably already has all of the infrastructure they need to set it up and I'm sure they're already doing so.

Every game the PS4, 3, 2, and Playstation had.

I know it's fucked
Ok
The problem is
My normalfag brother is buying disc only because the ps4 doesn't have enough space to fit downloaded games.And streaming a movie is definitely different from streaming a game because your playing a game doing stuff with it. And most internet connections work online just fine but imagine streaming ==A 4 G GAME ON== ==500MB INTERNET== download yes stream no

Well they did just hire on Kojima.

(checked)
Didn't they already announce FORWARDS COMPATIBILITY?

Yes. Unfortunately.

PS4 Pro

PS5 will just be a PS4-Pro-Plus.
It will have exactly as zero games as the PS4 does, but will run them worse than the PS4 Pro does, and you will still have to pay for online. Oh, and if you don't keep up your account subscription the console stops working and will only boot to the account payment screen.
MFW Nintendo's Wii U abortion actually had the best exclusives this gen and it's already dead and has its successor arriving in two months.

It would be microsoft who did it though. People buy digital games because they are cheaper.
Microsoft made it where there are games you literally could not play without paying for the online. For example TF2 for xbox.

How the fuck has this meme not died yet.

I like these threads because it angers weebs so much.

It will be a movie media exclusive platform. And it'll still have the standard 24 smooth fps experience.

The best games. Sony always wins, you can't beat Sony!

Well it only has one game like the PS4 and even then it's an action game locked to 30FPS so I think you should be able to understand why people think it doesn't count.

I though we were past this fucking shit, jesus christ.

Can anyone recommend me some good games that were released for the PS4? I'm sure there are some sub mainstream or niche games I missed out on

odinsphere is a good place to start

Already played it but thanks user

touhou scarlet curiosity then

I forgot a 2hu game released for PS4 I'll go check it out thanks user

it's one of those on PC but PS4 has more content releases that have been very common with japanese doujin releases on PS4.

Sony is obligated to build all the way up to PS9, which sends nanomachines up your nose and augments reality.

chekd

Damn mods you gonna do your job?

Ok then name a PS3 game that isn't Demon's Souls
in order for a console game to count it must:

Dude, I love me some good FPS but dude, that's some high standards.

Fuck no it isn't, the SNES has games running at 60FPS. Are any of the games you listed there not running at 60FPS? I wouldn't imagine that MGS4 is and also:
it's shit

.>>11637475

Digital Only for PC is fine so long as it installs and runs client-side. At least there someone, somewhere, will crack the DRM or emulate the verification service and those games can be archived and downloaded for free either when they're new - or at any time in the future.

On consoles, digital only is a cancer - as it's far harder to get access to those titles and back them up or distribute and play them on other machines. At least not until the system has been cracked wide open, and a stupidly simple and robust CFW solution is available so that more people have access to it and can start their own archives. Or an emulation solution is in a finished enough state to be playable for the vast majority of the system's library. And that may never happen. Imagine if the original Xbox's games were download only.

You clearly barely play any games. Also forgot P4A a fighting game. Also, if Demon's Souls is a good game, why do you bitch about fps? Only faggots do that.

This console exclusives meme got old years ago.

When is this meme going to die?

Netflix?

You're right, sometimes it dips well below 30.

Never

I'm not arguing that it dips though.

List five worthwhile console exclusive games, but there must be only one of series. Protip: You can't.

Demon's Souls COULD be a good game but it doesn't count because it runs at 30, and if you think MGS4 runs at 60FPS then what is this:

You said a good game like Demon's Souls. So I guess even MGS4 counts.

You're right, I misspoke and meant a game otherwise like Demon's Souls that ran at 60FPS

Yakuza 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Rising
Infamous
MGS4
Killzone 2

I guess you don't love vidya if you can't play at 3ofps.

So close and you had to end it with a console shooter.

Fine P4A.

Spider Man: Homecoming

Are you paid to do this or do you do it for free?

Didn't you hear? It's okay if it's not nintendo.

Yeah go ahead and call me a sonygger, even though I think the PS4 is shit. All because I think a few games on PS3 are good even though they aren't on any other fucking platform.

Also, 30fps isn't a terrible framerate, it's not the best and I'd definitely prefer the games I list to be 60fps but it just doesn't ruin a game for me. Just makes me disappointed.

I'm 100% certain the next console generation will be the last. Maybe only Nintendo will remain with their hybrid shit, which will be also a phone in addition to everything else in the next generation… and probably will be partnered with Apple.

You're a sonygger because you fault others for having stricter taste than you. I can understand why you don't mind 30FPS but not everyone is like you and requires at least 60FPS for an enjoyable experience, yet you feel the need to defend $ony so hard that you think anyone that can't handle 30FPS isn't a true gaymer.