Other urls found in this thread:

pcstg.s59.xrea.com/
www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/3074.html#id_38d795a8
www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/?cmd=wikisearch&keyword=stg
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Shmups_101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also Caladrius is shit

Pirate it and burn it

Is there a list of the must play shmups on PC?

Of course I've thought of that, I but I didn't feel like pirating it when the market is so dead. (Generally, I pirate games that are too old, DRMed, or popular already). Maybe I'd get it for the vita. Besides, the laws are starting to get somewhat more strict around here.

Not that I know of

You'll probably get a shitty list of indie games and euroshmups. Just go for the general must-play list since emulation is an option.

You could buy it, crack it and then burn it.
Likr you said, theres always the Vita version.

So what shmup has the most amount of shit on screen? After Crimson Clover I need more sensory overload.

What?

My bad for sounding a bit retarded, but why in the world would you need a specifically PC list? PC can practically play every notable shmup there is thanks to emulation. In such a case, it would just be a general list of must play shmups, which you should easily find on the internet.

I believe that is why he specified, barely any platform restrictions.
Can't recommend him Raiden V now can you?

RefRain

But Raiden V is basically the only one, what with many 360 shmups being ported to PC. I'm pretty sure V is coming over to PC eventually anyways, albeit with some bullshit like win10 only

Fair enough

What is the best pc shmup, and why is it tyrian?

Why do I (or some other user) have to explain every time why Tyrian is mediocre?
Great music and art: that's about it tbh. Westerners praising Tyrian as a good shmup is sort of like seing Japanese praising Final Fantasy as a good RPG.

What are some good games for a newfag to start with shmups? I picked up Blue Revolver recently and that seems to be a decent place to start. Any other games that have difficulty similar to it?

Also is there some kind of shmup rec list/image? There should be

A nice effort but pretty mediocre
Did anything come out of the fact that its OpenSource?

(checked)
Trips confirm

Now that I actually try to search for it, I can't find a decent list for must play shmups… this might help though:

General list of PC shmups. Look for the games with the most threads:
pcstg.s59.xrea.com/
List of good Arcade shooters:
www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/3074.html#id_38d795a8
Generally looking through the Japanese game wiki is pretty good for action games. Never venture into the RPG section though, you'll get cancer.
www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/?cmd=wikisearch&keyword=stg

Good job

Thanks, I'll have to translate all the gookrunes but I'm sure there's some good stuff there.
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Shmups_101
I also found this off the old Holla Forums wiki that I'm not sure anybody even uses anymore

Just use google for that shit

That was the plan user. Honestly I just wanted to use the term gookrunes

I'm playing batrider and bakraid and I'm wondering are D.D. and Thunder dragon shit? They have spread but it's weak and can't really do damage or chain. I'm a noob at shmups so any help or advice is nice.

muh DICK

Is everybody hyped for more Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours™ downloadable content™?

What are the best NES shmups?

Recca
Gunnac

Daily reminder she was probably raped and murdered

If I could get a fucking ship that played like G-darius, then yes. I'm not disappointed in my purchase of DariusBurst, but man I really miss my capture orbs and the fuckall huge bosses. I really wish King fossil was 5x bigger like Queen/Firefossil from G.

Is it really that hard for some people? All I had to do was shuffle through the compatibility modes until I found one that worked (Win98).

I tried that on several occasions and got the same weird error every time. Just today I reinstalled and it worked right out the gate. Might be something to do with my monitors, since i adjusted some settings since the last time I tried.

I'm trying Recca right now and HOLY SHIT, this is insane! How is this even possible on the fucking NES?

Hellsinker, if watching the HUD counts

shmup is a stupid name

Been really enjoying this so far, haven't even cleared all the stages yet-they give you unlockable missions with modifiers and objectives to play as well

Just bought a Dreamcast… seing lots of shmups here, which should I pirate?

I was playing cotton boomerang on my new monitor. That is one of my favorites.

gigawing

best girl

anything you can run well on mame, fightcade or nesica

Hmm is Caladrius good? MOSS is a bit of a hit or miss for me, but it looked okay going by gameplay videos. I could wait for the PC version, but I was still thinking of getting the PS4 physical.

I do find it rather disappointing that the majority of bosses in Burst CS weren't as Dynamic as the ones in G were, or how the Genesis ship in CS doesn't use capture balls, or how the Gaiden Black Hole Bomb doesn't completely change the background when used. I'm still more than satisfied with the game, I just wish they went more ahead with the fanservice in that regard. The background reminiscent of the second level in Gaiden was a nice touch, I thought.

>mfw playing Thunder Force III on my 3DS with the 3D on max
It's god damn amazing

Becase Based as fuck Ross said so.

pig grills a cute

Ross is a faggot that needs to git gud.

I don't regret my decision. This is definitely worth 20 bucks. Even if a few bosses are fake difficulty.

www.starblast.io

Shmup? Don't you mean STDs (ShooT Dems)?

it's Shoot Them Downs you retard

also for anyone who still hasn't read the news: Vimana and Fire Shark now have sound in MAME

these gold cubes that they gold

Any non-doujin releases to look forward to in 2017, STGeeks?

New Psikyo shooter when?