Dead Space 3

What the fuck were they thinking with this
Why did they fuck it up so badly after two perfectly acceptable games?
Such a sloppy piece of shit. No wonder it sold like shit.

They were thinking they wanted people who like normal shooters to buy a game with 3 on the end, without having played any of the others.

The opposite happened.

I completely forgot about a few more things

I see nothing wrong with that

I fucking hated it that I bought DS2 deluxe edition n shiet and wasnt disappointed except for multiplayer
Thank god I waited to see reviews on the 3rd

The character interactions were so bad and unbelievable I actually uninstalled the game because of them. Specifically the part where, after fighting necromorphs, you are in an elevator about to face a huge boss necro and you get a call from Ellie and you guys begin a lovers quarrel about the forced triangle they have going on.

I just cut off the canon after the second games DLC .

U wot?
A 2 weapon limit means all your weapon choices are going to homogenized rather than specialized. With the original Dead Space system you could always carry more 2 weapons for their utility and other two for fun. Not to mention all weapons were varied and useful. Here you have to use dull shit because its reliable and you have universal ammo so there is no reason to use anything but the most useful shit.

3 had glowing reviews with hacks showering it with praise. What exactly do you mean by this?

2 weapon systems and coverbased shooting? There's no way thats actually in the game, right? If thats true than how can you fuck up that hard after 1 and 2's fun combat, all they should have done was Dead Space in a "The thing" setting.

They were thinking nothing. They were following EA's orders to turn Dead Space into Gears of War so it can sell 5 million copies.

Didn't turn out as well as they hoped. With this and Battlefield Hardline's middling success, it's a fucking miracle Visceral Games hasn't been shut down yet. Unless they've already been cannibalized from the inside and what remains is a husk of a studio.

Activision had already hired half of Visceral during Dead Space 2's develpment.

This felt so fucking out of place for Isaac and Ellie, but especially Ellie who was somewhat resourceful in 2 but became a fucking idiot in 3.
Writing and characters are obviously not the strongest suit for the Dead Space series, but to get THIS bad?

This game was great.
It was like the biggest fucking middle finger I had ever received from a game company. I had made the mistake of buying Nu Sim City at launch, and already felt like a gigantic retard. EA decided it was such a shit show to hand out a free game and boy was I happy I could try out the third game in a decent series for free. Then I get to the point where I'm gunning down necromorphs with an assault rifle while country rock blast in the background and notifications pop up that my robot is done mining.
I haven't bought a thing from EA since.

Oh what happens? Does the Marker project off Isaacs brain and nuke all sentient life or something?

Why did i check

EA always ruins a series over time because they get greedy and try to appeal to an ever broader audience.

I pirated the game and run into a few gamebreaking bugs which was a first for me, I also quit pretty earlygame when they threw an invincible necromorph at you and I felt zero tension. I can only imagine how bad it got later

I dunno what's worse about DS3; how they ruined a brilliant franchise or how the ending is only available with DLC and, my god, it's fucking horrible.

I wish ISIS cared about video games without changing its tactics.

I should mention that with the gun upgrade system it basically played like a co-op dungeon crawler over a survival horror.

The guns are basically crafted from scratch, you have a chassis and you can snap on any 2 attachments you want to it and then you get chips to boost its reload speed, rate of fire, damage and so on. Meaning that you can attach a flamethrower to a liquid nitrogen shooter. There's a lot of different tools to work with and it's fun tinkering around–actually, I think I found the most fun of the game through this.

However, the glaring problem with this is that "dude check out this [email protected]/* */$$ gun does" shouldn't be a prevailing thought in a survival horror game and this is one of those moments in game development where devs sought after (most likely forced) what sounded most 'fun' on paper without actually thinking if it'd work in the universe or…or be a good game or something like that. A good example being that with the open ended gun customization comes open ended ammo. It's completely universal and plentiful, so there's no tension.

Another example is the co-op. Co-op shouldn't be in a survival horror game, because having your best buddy next to you while you talk about things isn't a scary atmosphere. Take a look at what EA Games marketing boss Laura Miele said.

"We were hearing feedback that they love the thriller game, but it was pretty scary, and the obvious next step was that they wanted to play with someone. So we introduced co-op into the game." (….) "Personally, I would rather go to scary movie with my husband rather than sit at home with the lights out watching one on my own."

Not to mention that the structure of the co-op combined with the way guns are set up pretty imbalance everything. With Dead Space 2, you can't upgrade everything at once, but New Game+, a concept in I loved in DS2 allowed you to push further without changing the game too much. However in Dead Space 3, there are microchips. As previously mentioned, they're the core upgrades and differential system of the guns. The ones you find at first are balanced, the more powerful ones aren't as speedy and so on, but later in the game you'll find more powerful chips that don't have these drawbacks. And since these drop like loot drops, you basically become an unstoppable killing machine. Combine that with co-op, and you have either two unstoppable killing machines or a survival horror game where your survival horror teammate is essentially the Terminator. Neither of those are really scary situations.

Lastly, the game is structured with co-op in mind. In single player the partner character, Carver, will pop in an out of existence only through cutscences, talk to Issac and then walk off screen. It's the most jarring shit in existence. And the story plot twist is that there's necromorphs as big as moons and the markers were basically feeding beacons or…or something. I'm really not sure.

tl;dr game's not good and the dlc ending is that they all die

3 was great

retards will never understand

its like starting with Alien and then deciding to skip all the way to AvP

I wish more things were like that…

I only played the first two and even then I don't think I ever finished the second one. From what I heard, they removed the horror and replaced it with more action.

Unacceptable.

This. The DLC multiplayer stuff was very out of place in single player, but overall it was an ok game. Not as good as the first two, but definitely worth a playthrough, especially since you can find this dirt cheap anywhere.

bumpo

user, normalfags does that all the time, all my friends played dark souls 3 first because it was new and muh grafucks even when I said the first one was better.

Why do people say this game is anything but an action horror? In the first game you're chased by a necro within the first 5 minutes. DS1 might have had a little more horror on account of the location but I don't understand the grievance people get when saying DS2 isn't scary enough when the first one wasn't either.

Not only that but these are the guys that fucking ruined Army of Two as well.
Army of Two took co-op very seriously and Devil's Cartel pretty much gutted most of it. 40th Day wasn't as good and dropped some co-op elements but it still felt kind of like Army of Two.

Devil's Cartel was about as inspiring as those Medal of Honor reboots. Seriously, fuck that game.

I'm gonna take a moment to savor those quads

Same thing.

I didn't mind that as it didn't get in the way of the single player gameplay. What I will say is that co-op ruined the level design because all of them were built around co-op play. I really noticed this doing repeat playthroughs of all three games. It also doesn't help that DS3 has the same issue DS1 has and that was reusing the same assets throughout the game but DS3 did it even worse especially when it came to the side missions, felt like I was playing a rogue game.

I really feel like it some great elements it could have built off of, if it hadn't (hypothetically) been a Dead Space game. Like, the weather systems on the planet, and the space scavenging, made me feel like I was in some kind of cool "exploration on the edge of known space" series.
I guess what I'm saying is that I think it could be made into an actually fun survival/crafting game, except that will never happen because the people that make those games don't ever want to put in any kind of adventure, it's always just dicking around til you get bored, and the people who made this game didn't even have that in mind, they were just after the cowabunga audience.

you know what was cool about shooting in dead space 1 and 2 is that it wasn't all about headshots, you could remove limbs and this would have immediate effects on the combat, and since you had the kinesis to use too you could even use the limbs you knocked off enemies as a weapon to conserve ammo it was great

man i was so excited knowing dead space 3 was going to be on a snow planet because there is so much neato shit they coulda done with the setting only for them to not only miss the point but not even hit the same ballpark

I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. It did have some good ideas, the crafting made me feel more like an engineer. Also I felt it could be more tense than 2 at times, but that didn't last long.
At least the series got an ending right? I wonder if they did it that way knowing that it was going to die.

Lol
paid DLC ending where everyone dies

Ftfy, there aren't many decent spess horror games and Dead Space definitely delivered on that. That third game is a travesty, it was like watching Aliens 3&4 and much like those movies they shouldn't even be considered to exist.

Now all we have to left foreword too in any sort of game set in space with a sort lovecraftian/aliens feel to it is shit like No Kikes Sky, which is the opposite of the genre I stated.

It probably was not a wise call design wise to bring human enemies into the game. They should have probably have gotten guys to have guns attached to there arms or explosives so that you had to be mindful of where you shot.

I like Dead Space 3.