1) Download this shit
2) Extract it
3) Open WurmLauncher.exe
4) Write your name and click Connect to WRC
5) Write the following IP and port : 13.92.83.205:3724
6) Click connect and say goodbye to your previous life
7) Make a Freedom Isles character
8) Embrace the comfyness of being a poor serf

A one time buy to play version of Wurm without the monthly premium cost and other restrictions that were previously behind a paywall, this is obviously a pirate server so its absolutely free if you don't want to pay.

Wurm is a true sandbox game where players can do anything from mining, free-building milking cows, terraforming, to pvp.
Wurm also has a player driven economy, that has been completely crashed by unregulated speculation in Summer Hats.

Do not resist it any longer, come back to your sweet, painful addiction. Let the hours drain away and the bags under your eyes grow. Wurm is back, and it's at the pinnacle of Holla Forumsirgin comfort.

The appeal of this game is not being a perfect RPG, or a good sandbox, or a great MMO, this game is about making moments with other anons and having a lot of fun things to remember when we grow old and lonely, not many people here can say stuff like "I once went on a crusade against lava spiders, we jumped on a cart and started swinging our swords at them while charging at high speed and when it was over, we feasted on spider meat under the moonlight" or "We were the crazy ones who pushed the old gods into the sea and crashed the servers, with no survivors" or "We built a pier bigger and better than the admins and other player then sailed with a fleet of boats made in a few days out of pure autism towards an unknown continent after everything we knew went to shit when the server corrupted", those are memories that not many games will give you.

FAQ:
Ask the guide NPC how to play and read the wiki www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page
When you have learned how to play, Make a post in the thread and tell us your name then find the portal in the spawn area that goes to the portal hub / Heart of Nylith, then find the freedom isles section, it is marked with freedom isles banners, find the portal to Broschwitz and enter it by walking in to it, then write a message in local chat to make us aware of your presence.

Help the town in any way you can, build yourself a comfy home or go on an adventure and be gangraped by the overpowered mutant wildlife that spawns nearby, if you find an activity that you enjoy doing and not many people are on it, then you should focus on that, leveling its increased 4x faster than the original wurm but its pretty fucking impossible for someone to master all the skills so picking a job and focusing on it its the way to go, of corse nobody is stopping you from being a lowlife serf trying to master the old art of puppeteering while crafting a full set of steel armor.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4XpYUAF
join.skype.com/dwnS7hHA5gt4
discordapp.com/invite/4XpYUAF
steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/258229677222552331
store.steampowered.com/app/287920/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit's dead fags.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

[17:46:19] SERVER IS IN TEST PHASE - 2017-01-05 - 5PM GMT+1
[17:46:19] Progress will NOT BE SAVED - Last Save: - 2017-01-05 - 5PM GMT+1
[17:46:19] Testing will last for up to 24hrs. (Join us in the discussion: discord.gg/4XpYUAF )
[17:47:10] We will test ideas to make the server more stable and more fun.

[18:33:20] Test Phase cancelled - resume normal play

Haven and hearth is resetting in a few days, should play that instead.

somehow i never heard of this before, addicted, not going anywhere.

gonna go bear gryllis mode and drink my own piss in the woods soon

Not for long m8, i was having a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. binge but i will be coming in a few days.

It seems to be a replica in terms of what you can do. I personally don't like the graphics, and I'm guessing the rates are bad, so no thanks.

I check daily too, I wait for you know who to give the blood potion tools to the meadhall, to no avail. Strange how people simply disappear. I do miss the days where there were a good dozen in the village. I just want something new for the community to do, the GM should spawn dragons or crazy creatures.

This is why Trenhal should be in charge of the rare materials, as soon as real valuables come into play people lose control of their inner jew.

If people stuck around there'd be people around and more would stay, instead doomsayers like yourself roll in, lay out a miserable tract then piss off into the ether. It's happened about 6 times now, irony is if they'd stayed so would the ones that followed.

For your dubs and reference, I will bump this thread.

SOMEONE should just grab his high speed hellhorses and go look for a new dragon to kill so we can lure the others back into playing with a crusade!

I would join but I dont wanna spend the time downloading just to play in a dead town.

There is the green dragon that i have stashed safely in the wild, it would pain me to have to kill Nidhug but that fucker almost killed me last time i went to see him.

We're working on reviving it. It's not dead yet, at least one guy is almost always playing.

My internet is really unstable right now, spend almost the whole day without internet, plz don't die while my internet is shit.

What's that about a test server? Is the cooking update coming? Is the admin going to implement rifts or something new to do?

tren i left a 90QL hide inside your house

It's dead. You didn't let it rot long enough before trying to reanimate. Give it a full year this time.

fuck you it's dead, wurm never dies

It's hard to muster the energy to play when there's simply nothing to do.

if we were able to play on a legit populated pvp server it'd probably be much easier to keep interest
however, despite most people having played for 100+ hours, i still don't think rolf deserves any of your money

Fuck the money, I wouldn't play with vanilla rates if it was free.

The problem with PvP servers is that 3/4 of Holla Forumsirgins are actually ickle babby carebears who'll ragequit if they ever get ganked. They get bored and quit with no adversity like on current serb but they can't stand the dangers of PvP. Not that it matters, since there seem to be no PvP pirate servers anyway and Holla Forums's too full of autistic spite to run their own.

that's why you move out of the village

Vanilla rates ARE absolutely inhuman. I mean, shit, even on our serb the grind is more autistic then all eastern MMO-grindfests I know. Combine that with losing progress due to PvP and it's just gonna be ridiculous and noone with even half a job is gonna be able to play seriously.

This. EXPAND, niggas. Spread our autism over the map.

FINALLY THIS FUCKING THREAD IS BACK UP. My new shit came in which included a new hard drive and SSD What's the link for that skype shit so I can have Pown give me my character stuff?

This thread is pretty old, man. Don't know about any skype shit though. You're gonna have to wait for Tren or someone else who probably knows.

You're after either join.skype.com/dwnS7hHA5gt4 to contact Pown through skype or you can get in touch with them using their test server discord at discordapp.com/invite/4XpYUAF

Oh I remember this shit. When we were going to the new map some people got stuck so we went to shore and made a camp somewhere, I was learning to build a house in the meantime and helped 2 other guys kill crabs to get to some stuff that was on the ground, I almost died with that. I also got a dog in that camp and was forced to leave him when we departed, had no way to keep him. Also one time we went to kill a troll on a cart and the strongest guy got fucked up so I took the defensive role and took the hits while everyone else did damage, I died but since I helped fight it I got a troll slayer badge or something.

Good times.

Copy pasted a dev post in the steam forums.

Unfortunately, you are absolutely incorrect. I've been working hard on getting the Wurm Unlimited update ready for beta. As people mentioned here and I've mentioned numerous times (you obviously haven't read that deep), there are a number of complications this time around that we are solving before we push this update out.

I'm pleased to say that the solutions are coming along good. I've got a bit more work to do (hopefully this week) before we can throw some old internal servers at it and ensure that everything updates properly.

I can say that we will have a new folder for database patches, which server admins will be able to do manually if they choose - otherwise it will be automatic with a notice when you load a database that needs to be updated.

There will also be a folder in each server for custom recipes, along with one outside for stock recipes. Recipes in the server folder will override stock, so folks will be free to modify the stock ones as they choose.

Another reason for the delay would be the numerous fixes that have gone into 1.3 since launch. We obviously want to include them all for Wurm Unlimited.

Yo Tren, thx for harvesting dem grapes - I just hope your forestry isn't terrible because if it is bad enough it could mean that they are unusable since making wine is such a massive bitch. But I'm just gonna assume you know that by now and wouldn't harvest them all if you'd get shit QL…

Bump

Pown isn't replying to me. Did you faggots piss him off or is he on vacation?

He probably thinks we're dead. Which we kinda are. Call me a doomsayer all you want, it's a fact that barely anyone is playing anymore. The reasons for that do not matter if we can't change them. So I'd not be surprised if Pown just doesn't give a fuck about us anymore since not only are we not people he likes, we don't even play on his server anymore…

I stopped playing because there didn't seem a point. We were the only strong town on server, there was no competition, no feeling of acheivement. There simply felt like no point. You guys were great and all, it just wasn't enough.

Or I guess I could've just tagged this guy.

To what end? For what purpose? Being gods with no adversaries and one angry admin who would pull the cord at any moment, all the work means nothing.

We can get creative and come up with more shit to do. Like we always did. This is not a game you play to "win" anyway, you play it to create. If we were more active again, we could lure in more people again - and with more people, more things can be done. We just have to create the content ourself - but honestly, Wurm is a pretty good game for that because of how fucking complex it is.

But, like I said: It doesn't matter. Because if people don't feel like playing, there is no point to see things this way, so you might as well embrace the "there is nothing to do"-perspective because that way, you're correct.

How about we just brainstorm together about what we could do from now on instead of just saying there is nothing we can do. Everyone in this game specializes on certain aspects of it so everyone has a different perspective on it. So not everyone might even KNOW what is theoretically possible because they only have their own perspective. So what's stopping us from just thinking about it together? Just throw in ideas and talk about them.

So, in that spirit, this is just an idea but: How about we just lure in people who'd be our enemies, to have a purpose, to have fun while we dominate the living shit outta them. Hell, we could "recruit" people on fucking Reddit. Build a starting place for them, lure in players, have them become capable of playing themself, then leave them to progress by themself so that we have someone to play against who we'd enjoy to beat. Imagine, like, 10 - 15 Whaiteas. You'd never go to bed without the yummy taste of their salt in your mouth.

This is just one idea, just one perspective. I'm just sayin: If all we need is a goal, we can just create one. This is a game about creation anyway.

Maybe we should just pick another game? any idea anyone?

IF we'd have enough people I'd be willing to give ARK Survival Evolved a shot - last time I played it with Holla Forums we were damn successfull. But eventually we'd hit the same problem: We'd win and be the only ones left on the server. Unless we go full White Knights and make it our objective to help the server grow as much as possible - which is a real challenge in a game where usually everyone raids everyone, but I've done it before.

But I realize many people will be all like
So I'm open for better ideas - should be sandbox too, though, else it won't fit us.

It should also be either free or piratable

It'd be nice if low latency wasn't a requirement to play it aswell. Ark, for example, wouldn't be playable with high latency. You'd never be able to land a shot on anyone.

This is ultimately a problem with every game like this that a chan sits down to play. Eventually, the cucks will get tired of being shit all over and rage quit, and then we're completely unopposed. The rusing them to keep them around to fuck over only works so well, eventually the cucks even develop the ability to communicate with one another to indicate the server is bad for their kind. And then the admin, the biggest cuck of all, comes to the rescue.

The best I've ever done in avoiding this is admining my own server for the purpose and just faking an absent admin who lets me run their server into the ground (while actually maintaining it well on the back-end, unbeknownst to any of my victims). WRC just ain't gonna cut it unless the slavlet develops into a real big guy overnight.

Well I got a message back from him saying I need proof that this is my character. Fuck me. I might have my stats or something saved on dropbox if I'm lucky

Honestly, I think the main source of issues we've had here on this server for Wurm was the admins and their rules.

Nobody likes it when the admins are incompetent and favor 1-2 faggots over 20 or so other people because the few sucked their dicks. You had players that would "sign up" to become admins, give themselves 100 skill in whatever they wanted, spawn in gear, and then sit in their autism fort. Lets not even get started on pvp. It basically boiled down to "its open pvp in the HotA zone unless I like you, then whoever kills you has to give your gear back." With the restriction on theft, this killed any sense of danger other than random mobs that would occasionally stroll into town

These, combined with the power trip Pown had when he banned Anger and Shawn for killing an NPC that he should have made invincible, probably took a lot of the fun away for people.

Personally, I was in it for the community, building towns and trump signs on the sides of mountains, and shitting on the normans like Artorias. Half of those would warrant a ban from Pown if he found out about it and in a game like Wurm you can't risk the progress made on skills that take ages to build up

There's Haven and Hearth if you're interested in that.
I'm playing right now, the world reset recently, so mostly everything in the server is fresh, we've got a small base established but there's only two of us
We're allied with a pretty strong faction, their base is just a few map grids away from us. So that gives people a reason not to fuck with us. And if people raid us, it's not really a big deal, death is much less punishing than what it was back in the days of world 7, for anyone who played in those times.
Oh, and unless you exploit, the devs wont fuck with you at all, no matter how many swastikas we make and there's no such thing as "griefing".

Haven and Hearth is shit user, that game aint worth it, we tolerated worm because it was 8x skillgain and the graphics and shit was good

Haven and Hearth its an autism pit deeper than the original wurm and without any of the prettyness

Even for the older version of it, that's not remotely true.

So my first impressions thanks to google include
Did I miss anything?

Guess that's no alternative either.

Well, guess that's the death of our little community, then. It's been fun, lads. Would have loved to keep going.

If you're looking for something to play for like one or two days, then try Minecraft or something. Are you sure you're looking for an alternative to Wurm? Shit isn't exactly instant in that game, and besides, leather and crops are much more useful in H&H compared to Wurm.
Not exactly, you gain 70% of your old characters stats when you inherit a dead character.

I just wanna say:
It has been an honor cucking those normans with you, gentlemen.
I'm sad that it's over.
See ya next time… I'll keep the thread open until it dies.

Oh, I'm not saying I hate that. I was just looking for a list and that's all I could find. I actually like the danger involved. Looks decent to me so far.

Not entirely sure if I could commit 16 hours to stuff like leatherworking so I could probably find another time friendly role/occupation

I'm not dead yet, faggot

You know, what really pisses me off about these autists is that they could be learning to actually tan leather or grow crops or ANYTHING ELSE with that retarded amount of time.

You by yourself ain't gonna save the village. But if you'd do it you'd be a goddamn hero.

By the way, why are we not hosting our own server and give ourself the skills we achieved on WRC so far? We'd have to rebuild but I think it'd be fair to at least keep the skills we worked hard for. Just throwing this in here.

And so, the cycle continues.

The quads want the cycle to continue.

I look at it this way: We all invested a SUPERAUTISTIC FUCKTON of time - to give up means this time is wasted. Having our own server would solve our problems - we'd have to lure in other victims players to play against, though.

That or we just give up and learn to never invest that much time into anything we cannot control ever again.

And herein lies the problem.

Wurm is a fucking slog when all you have is each other. Without major and constant competition, we'll still end up with an untouchable god-city capable of dominating any and every server event that gets thrown our way, which inevitably leads to one of two results: suicide or cannibalism; we'll either fade away or end up picking fights with each other.

There simply isn't much challenge in the base game once you've gotten past the initial food/water/shelter difficulty hump. Stability is just too easy to achieve and maintain, especially when you've a squad of people working together. Once you've gotten a stable food and water source, the majority of the game's difficulty comes from outside interference - either PvE or PvP based, and even the most ramshackled of walls can render the former pointless.

Essentially, the problem to me is that Wurm is currently too much of a numbers game, and we as a group can marshal too many autists too easily, leading to us massively overpowering any challenge the base game can throw at us with sheer volume alone.

Which is why we should lure in an enemy of worthy size - I'd look for players at Reddit. Think about it: No matter who you kill or cuck, you wouldn't have to worry, you'd know that hes a degenerate. And they are also big enough in numbers, plus their "share and vote" culture makes them circulate their recruiting by themself - which counters that, lets face it, most redditors are normans and thus actually less autistic then we are, which is gonna lead to more people on their side who are just gonna check in for a while but then leave because the game is too autistic.

All we need is a server and an admin that pretends to be neutral. This would be the perfect platform for an autism war - remember the reddit vs Holla Forums fight in Tribes Ascend? This would be much, much bigger.

Why are we thinking so small, lads?

Its like clockwork, isn't it?

I don't think Ivan's serb could handle the influx of redditfags. It can barely handle 30-40 autists

If we do this we'd obviously not use Ivans serb. We'd start over. If we want to keep playing we'd be forced to do so anyway. Unless, of course, we find a way to take over (buy) Ivans server.

Maybe that idea ain't so crazy. He doesn't have much traffic. Maybe he'd be willing to sell.

We need to summon Richfag from the grave

First we have to find out exactly how much money we'd need and if Ivan is even willing to sell. Someone who knows how to contact him should ask him.

Then, if we bought it, we'd have to upgrade it so that it could the traffic of a Holla Forums VS Reddit war. Then we'd have to market is as such - we could rename / rebuild the factions, for example, so we'd have a reddit and a Holla Forums faction. Which, of course, would bring up the next question: Do we include halfchan Holla Forums? That'd be a big one. Obviously we probably need more people because reddit is big - but halfchan is cancer. Do we choose this lesser evil though?

I think this shit could be tackled if we'd all work together, though. We do have the neccessary autism in our blood.

Wait, you're seriously entertaining the idea? I don't think he'd give up his baby and you're probably not going to get anyone here to put out shekels but you'd be a god if you managed it on your own somehow

I don't know what kinda money we're talking about here. I'd be entertaining that idea if Ivan would be willing to sell. Without us, his server is not very alive, after all. He'll get bored of it just like we got bored.

If you can work a miracle, go for it. Otherwise I'm willing to entertain the idea of Haven and Hearth for now

Dev Blog just posted today.

steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/258229677222552331

Greetings!

After a brief Christmas break, the Wurm team is back in the saddle for another big year of Wurm, but first, let's touch on the late 1.3 update.

1.3 Delays

1.3 was released to Wurm Online on the 22nd of November, and we entered a phase of bug fixes and tweaks over the next month or so, with a scheduled release close to Christmas for Wurm Unlimited. The problem we encountered was that the scale of the changes to databases and other systems were quite large, and took much more time than anticipated to adapt to Wurm Unlimited. We're also future-proofing the system as to avoid any potential further issues with future major updates to database systems.

Ontop of that, we've had a few fairly major bugs occur from 1.3 that we must address prior to it coming to WU. The effects of these bugs are kept in check by our development team having direct access to the database to make changes and correct issues that arise leading to a short turnaround for any players affected, but releasing this to Wurm unlimited would be irresponsible at best, and disastrous at worst.

I know you're all champing at the bit for a taste of what is to come, 1.3 is a huge update with a whole ton of new features and items that all rely on each other. This means we can't split the update into several releases, as they all rely on major changes that cannot be seperated.

We know it is frustrating to have the update delayed and we share your disappointment in not having it out already, but we can assure you that we are working extremely hard on this and will have a beta up as soon as the major roadblock issues have been addressed.

Other works
With that said, there's a fair bit that is also in the works for 2017, of course the new client renderer is undergoing the final bugfixing phase with the few remaining major bugs being addressed prior to the release of that for WU and making it the stable client in WO but that's not all.

Those of you who follow the Wurm forums will already know that a major update for 2017 will focus on an overhall of the user interface, bringing it up to a more modern look and much more functionality which has been a major issue for those who have been trying out the game. We're also looking at improving the server launcher UI to make getting into the game much easier and intuitive.

That's not all though! We're also in the process of identifying other areas we can work on based on feedback and reviews, and will be sharing some of that as the weeks go on, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for that, and as always, keep on Wurming!
Retrograde & the Wurm team.

Last guy that tried it died.

We should make our own sandbox MMORPG at this point i dont think anything else would work

So anyone has checked this one?

store.steampowered.com/app/287920/
Sandbox + full pvp and pve + difficult + citybuilding and stuff + FREE

Looks promising

Unless the power gap isn't ridiculous and a mob of low levels can blob down a mega autist, I don't think we'll last on a PvP server with 50 Kujas. Especially when we have 20 lads on in one spot. That's 10% of the current server population.

Well i dont really know, we have some advantages tho, we know each other and all of us are seasoned autists willing to pull our share for the good of the town so i see 2 possibilities :

1) The blob of autists is strong enough to defeat them or dissuade them form attacking us, meaning that we can level up and make stuff in peace long enough for us to start gaining renown and territory

2) protection lasts 8 hours so we might be forced to go underground and avoid the high level fucks, from the look of things it might be hard but if we manage to hid ourselves long enough we all together will probably beat the veterans that are all divided and segregated

So far it looks good, the only bad things i can see its the fact that we are cap'd at lvl 60 unless we pay shekels, but thats a lot higher than wurm's lvl 20

Making a guild requires both a house and a gild stone that costs 500 gold, so we are gonna have to cooperate a lot to get there but from the look of things it gets easier, and once we make a new bro-town we can set the guards to kill any norman and start invading them and other fun stuff

Looks like a gamble but if we actually pull off the same way we did in wurm, we might have the same but with a lot more people to mess up with and more stuff happening all the time

I'm willing to organize a pvp server if i'm given the server files to run a pirate friendly one.

let me know if anybody is interested.

It'll be fine if you only bring in the U.S players. Realtime pvp + international connections don't go well together.

I guess you never did coalmaking in Wurm, then.

Go for it lad. No idea how that shit works either but I'd play on it. And I like the whole Holla Forums VS Reddit server idea, would fill the server pretty well.

Pown just gave me back my files, I will be on to lurk as soon as I'm able

I did in Brosmouth. It was shit but you can at least supplement with lava spiders.

Tell us about it, faggot. Will you be fresh starting? Skill rates? Kingdoms?

Its only a pipe dream though, likely we will be just as fucked as the rest.

Well i dont know, i remember back when we started on wurm that going on a crusade was an impossible pipe dream and we ended up becoming an unstoppable force, it might be hard but we all have proven to be reliable and hard working when the autism demands

I miss you guys.

Noone is playing anymore though…

Me too.

Please do the same skill rates we had on WRC, maybe even 25% faster. Vanilla rates would doom us.

As for Kingdoms: Do custom kingdoms, call one Reddit and the other Holla Forums (if possible), lets have ourself a war, lads!

Everywhere on that server is dead now, I went on today to a grand total of 2 other people anywhere in the world. In the last week I've seen tops 5 players in chat and at most one was one of us.

Bit of a pisser I just got into it hard in December, got myself established just in time to watch it all go *clunk*. Will keep an eye on this thread for new developments but I'm doubting anyone is gonna be keen on starting a new town until the shrouded-in-eldritch-mists cooking update appears, cos grinding food is a hellish pit of drab nightmares even when you're well stocked.

We know your feel.

It's ironic. Many of us still want to play, but noone wants to play alone, so they stop playing.

Why don't we, who would want to keep playing, just all agree on a day and time where we play, just to see how many are still left?

That or we just start over. Or give up. Your choice.

Starting again is always the great motivator once you're too big to fail. Always happened on Minecraft, small initial start explodes into a mass of creativity and then cools to a hardcore of a dozen or so players which fluctuates until there's like 2 or 3 hard-ons then it dies of smug, cosy, too easy, everything's done, aids.

I think we *have* to start anew to have a hope of getting new and old folks back. Broschwitz is a decadent end of empire town where you can get rich easy, we need hardship to truly grow again.

for sure, i just got into it too, now it's fucking dead. what are the requirements to run the server? how much would it realistically cost to run a new one?

I even considered buying the fucking game, and playing on some random server but $40 is a lot of shekels

I doubt anyone here really knows, you'd have to ask the admins / Ivan / someone else with experience or research it yourself.

Yea i wont suggest you buying the game, its all dead, we are the only life remaining on this game and god knows its going extinct

The biggest issue its the fact that we are at the top of the mountain and we have seen the view and now there is nowhere we can climb, mobs dont hurt us, we have a trillion more times food than we need, nothing that exist in the game cant be obtained by us anymore and the other players by all intends and purposes are our loyal subjects that cant even lift a finger against their farting nazi overlords.

Its fun, i wont deny it, but we came back to the same place we were some time ago, maybe we will come back, idk, but unless anything of the previous stuff i mentioned changes, we just dont have a reason to go log up and see the view from the top of the mountain again.

Like i said it before the game its fun but like all sandbox MMORPGs they are very reluctant to destroying the autism forts and triggering some of its most vocal population, the problem is that once the forts are complete and impossible to destroy, then there is no point for the autists who made it to come back, if i had to make a change to this game i would add some danger, maybe invasions or shit like that, stuff that happens idk, but none of that cant be made, you would had to make a new game and i pray every night to the gods that someone makes a good sandbox MMORPG that doesn't let you be at the top of the mountain long enough to get bored of it, good luck.

there's gotta be a way to beef up the creatures and tweak WRC from the server end, I can't find any info on what the server requirements might be though.

We could also set down a new deed somewhere new on the existing server and go in fresh.

I wonder if ivan could make another continent, one very small i dont mind, but with free for all pvp and powerful mobs just for fun where we could build a colony, and then delete it and make a new one, maybe do this monthly so it stays fresh and fun, but again, i dont know if they will be able to or how much lag it would cause, or how it would work.

The more i think about it the more i believe that even that would become boring if we can always overpower the normans and the beasts with close to zero effort, but that would at least add a few more months of gameplay to the game.

this is why on a new server the skill rate should be dropped and mobs beefed up.

Kill me plz.

It's not like the current world is short on space.

it's the opposite of a 9000000000x skillrate server

😂👌

Bar a couple of Hota whores, there's virtually no-one to cause grief to other than each other.

Plz kill me x4 faster.

The point is to get rid of the "this is too easy" feel

I get ya but I have a feeling we're gonna get that hard enough when have fuck all to our names and no skills anyway.

The number of dinky abandoned settlements speaks to how rough it is at a baseline.

couple of us are planning to reroll characters and start fresh

Tren, on the suggestion of Oyveus we've identified a spot in the north east we could get started in barring an endless stream of nasties. Since you're a deed planting mufuggah we're thinking we sail over check out the nightmare that awaits and get set.

Then we relog as new characters and either hump it from The Liberty or take the Windwaker portal to get there, by then we'd need a new thread to lure folks back.

could eventually wall off all passes

So if anyone wants to take part in that deed he has to reroll or what? Cuz I don't want to throw away all my grinding.

i don't know that would be an unpopular requirement, but kills the fresh start feel if you roll over with skills way up there and 90ql shit.

if I don't re-roll i'm gonna dump all inventory except for a steel & flint

Exploration and discovery are the parts of a fresh start that are enticing to me, I hope it works out for you guys but I know too much about this server to get that 'new start' experience just by rerolling.

ideally we'd get a new server setup, someone here has wrc server files, just need to know how steep the requirements are

Was thinking about around 4-5x skillgain, maybe a 2k map. A reddit vs Holla Forums server would be cool with pmks

Also, I already know somebody from Holla Forums that's has a fresh server. I just need the fucking files to make it pirate friendly and we'll be good to go.

Is 2K big enough? that's like the continent that Brosmouth is on

Old serb was 4x skill 4x action timer, for a total of 16x. After we came back things started going stupidly fast because we got essentially unlimited sleep bonus due to exploits which not only let us crank it up to 32x, but incentivised autists to grind for hours at that rate.

As it was at 16x when sleep bonus was precious, things were plenty stupidly slow, and while I don't think it should be any faster, any slower would be cancer. I'm tempted to say maybe 4x skill 3x timers but then I remember the fucking 30s breeding timers and multiminute repair timers on heavy decay that we get even at 4x.

And as other user said, 2km map is puny and you probably don't know enough about the game to competently run a server if you didn't realize that with one glance at the map.

Definetly has to be much bigger than 2k.

Let's just roll with the same rates we had on WRC please.

Another thing that made it easy was infinite dosh. If you want the map to be wild and untamed, leave the vendors with default shekels, that way large groups can have bigger towns with whatever dosh they hunt/forage with, and it dissuades people from setting up shit-shacks turning the server into a deed-circlejerk like WRC.

If you want money to be easier to gain there's probably a way to modify the dosh that you receive from the bounty mod.

this is gonna be pvp right? deed can be destroyed

I left for like a month. I miss you guys.

No Idea. I wouldn't recommend it though. The biggest problem with pvp in wurm is your own faction. It's never the enemy that fucks you over, it's always an inside guy. It only takes a couple of minutes to find giant threads complaining about someone buying an account and backdooring an enemy faction. The last time we ran our own server we had people from our own group rob and pillage us from withing before switching sides.

PVP sounds fine in theory, but in practice it's fucking horrible. It's all turtling and paranoia instead of actual combat and sieges.

user, turtling and throwing stones to provoke one another can be some of the most fun there is. It's exactly what we were doing in Brosmouth, cutting Artorias' trees, drawing swastikas all over and generally being cunts. Brosmouth was a good fucking time.

This server is fucking savage lands since we all stopped playing

So whats the plan, faggots?

also does anyone know what song this is? I can't find shit about it

I'm just gonna' play and if other folks log in I'll play with them. If I'm alone, I'm alone. That's nothing new to me.

until a new server comes up I think I'm gonna do this

I don't know if I'm gonna actually re-roll, just head out with steel & flint

As requested by someone, i forgot who.
The complete citizens list of Broschwitz.

[17:37:01] So, no wipe
[17:37:51] I will however implement a system so that the server will wipe out old dusty deeds a lot faster
[17:39:18] As for the deed inactivity…
[17:40:08] If any deed has 0 of its players logging in for 45 days, starting day #46, the game will add 50% to the deed's upkeep cost. And 50% more each subsequent day of inactivity.

There's gonna' be some prime real estate soon my dudes.

Same here, I'll keep breeding bisons and horses until I get a few with the best traits available around.

Patchnotes for server once it moves to new hardware. I asked, he confirmed the new hardware should get rid of the lag. Wew.

I didn't think the server could actually get less appealing, but here we are.

It's a sandbox game server alright.

GG, no re

Yeah. It's a bummer.

Gee, it was fun while it lasted.
Still, any of the remaining anons has considered buying WU in the next sale? I got it for 9 bucks back in November and that at least allows to have more servers to choose from where we could start anew unless the plan to boot up our own map goes forward.

If someone finds an actual new server, I'd be interested. Otherwise we'd just be migrating to another deed-infested mess soaked in decay.

You lads do realize this happens because we left? Because of us the server traffic died - now the admins are worried. Without us, the server lost its heart.

If he is so desperate why the fuck are we not just buying it all together - and turning it into what we want it to be, reversing the bullshit? I'd return if that were to happen. And if enough others would be with me, I'd of course also throw in my share of the money to buy that server.

If we start over on another server not owned by us we will just face the same goddamn problems eventually. Let's break the circle, lads.

BY OUR POWERS COMBINED, WE CAN BE RICHFAG.

I've got the game. Reeeeaaaally don't want to lose all my progress, but fuck, I guess starting over is a good time.

lamo dead and buried

fuck this carebear serb and its shekel-hungry assburger mods

buying the serb from Ivan is the most retarded idea ever proposed in these threads

find one in serb's ballpark of skill rates with PvP, large pop and (hardest of all) no draconian g-rated hugbox rules then get back to us

The kicker is that you're easily going to be hitting action timer caps with 7x, so it won't even factor into your gains after a point. I sure as fuck am not going to finish getting 100 mining with that shit. Not like I was going to anyway.

How close are you?

I gave benefit of doubt for action cap being reduced, which seems unlikely now that I think about it. So yeah, that'd immediately make it just flat out ~70% more grind for any reasonably high skill.

I got to 95. I need to log back on and test it, but I'm pretty sure I was getting less than .001 skillgain per action with sleep bonus and a 101 CoC pick. The mining grind is probably about Runescape-teir with the new rates.

I think the HotA removal is the funniest thing about this. It was barely used other than a rare materials farm for Whait and when that was gone he probably suggested it go. What's worse is Pown listened and threw it in the trash.

There goes the last bit of PvP on the server.

Also, RIP Kuja

Also, I was gifted WU so I've got that going for me.

Yeah after seeing that I'm not keen on sticking around. Before I go I might sink all my money into the deed upkeep 70 odd gold should leave the place running for a while even if no-one logs in for months.

Oh well I got nearly all of January wasted in there, if there's another pirate one I'll deffo join in.

If one of you niggers is contemplating starting a server

Make sure you know what you are doing

Like really know what you are doing.

Incompetence will burn people out more than jewing.

Where fuck is Tren?

Elaborate, please. Why?

I suppose cos whoever bought it would have no physical control over the thing, might as well rent one from a reputable source at that point rather than be potentially beholden to Ivan just flicking a switch and telling us to go fuck if we mess up 'his' playground enough.

Besides the stagnation problem would still exist, as long as that town is up we've no motivation to grow.

Spoke with the admin on Discord. He will revert the skill rates back to x4/x4, thankfully.

Hi.

Aye can you jump on Wurm a sec.

I am going to leave a note of some kind in my chapel with my steamid, so anyone who wants to can use that to contact me, should it become necessary.