A Question regarding PS4

For those of you that didn't buy a PS4, what was the reason not to? What kind of function or games would it need to change your opinion? Please only contribute to this thread in a constructive manner, so no >nogaems or >bloodborne-machine memes please

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/0lZ6N
youtube.com/watch?v=XEF0phuNKSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Modern consoles are just locked down computers with the exception of Nintendo that has been smart enough not to get into a performance war with the PC.

The only console I would consider buying are the Nintendo offerings because they actually try something different and sometimes it's an experience I can't get on PC.

Also, please tell your boss that the PS4 should be the main hardware in arcade cabinets instead of shitty PC's from a decade ago. Hardware from individual companies like the Noir HD's cost WAY too much per cabinet, it's killing arcades.

Also, please tell your boss that remakes are a no-no because I could just pirate and emulate the older version, or buy it second-hand.

It's $400, mang.
My monthly earnings are $340.56 after tax/bills/rent.
It's also got maybe 3 actually good games on it, I usually wait until a console has 9 or 11.

Nice data mining thread.

If this is market research then please tell your employers that their console needs games, kvetching about memes is no good.

What said. PS4 doesn't do anything new, only takes content that can be done elsewhere and does it worse. The only reason to get one would be exclusives but even then the exclusives would have to be fucking amazing and run well, which they aren't and they don't. Certainly not for the price.
Then throw in the bullshit hardware revisions that actually make things worse, the walled-garden digital store that's more expensive than retail with fewer consumer freedom (no returns, no refunds, no resales), the subscription fees for basic services like using your own bandwidth to host P2P multiplayer, and an absolutely shitty VR "solution" that's sub HD, and the ever-possible prospect that a PC will get these "exclusives" later anyway because they're written for the same hardware and publishers want to make more money from games that aren't selling on PS4 because people aren't buying PS4's because the games keep coming out on PC anyway, and you're got you and your company (sorry, are we pretending you're not a marketer on behalf of Sony?) in a hell of a hole.
There is nothing redeeming about playing on PS4 except the exclusives, and they have to be fucking fantastic and cheap to make up for the massive list of cons. And that won't happen until the generation is over.
So there's your reasons.
Pic related, it's hardware manufacturers struggling to survive this gen.

It's not a pc. The only "console" I would buy or build would be a pc that looks like a console.
All of it.

No games.

Why would I buy a DRM machine that is basically just a computer that can only be used to play a narrow library of games? I might as well use that same money to buy a real computer.

Underpowered hardware from day one.
No games.

Consoles are essentially just DRM in a hardware form.

Other than OP's obvious data mining thread the reason no one has bought it is because it doesn't have any games yet, emphasis on yet. It's always better to purchase a console later in it's life cycle for the cheaper price and the wider game availability espscially on consoles which stranglehold IPs as hostages.

I would also say you should remove KH3, and Nier Automata from that pic as they are not PS4 exclusives and don't hold much weight in convincing people to get a PS4.

No gaems is a perfectly fine reason to not buy a system until later into it's life cycle. I also have to agree with what, said, the only thing going for PS4 and Xbone is IP hostages and that's literally it, there is no other reason to own a console nowadays.

While I perfectly understand not being able to afford the price it has dropped down to 250$ (without games), just to be fair.

Its steadly getting games
Gravity rush 2 and person 5 out soon ontop of some other games like bloodborne and last guardian also the kingdom hearts 2.8 extra bit

It's steadily getting games but does not have games yet, why would I purchase a glorified netflix player until the actual games are released other than Let It Die.

If I had purchased it at launch I would have waited 3 god damn years for anything other than Bloodbourne to come out.

Only idiots do that
Consoles never truly get that many games even nintendos dont wii u has fuck all even less outside of marios

Handhelds get all the good games anyway

The reason only idiots buy at launch is exactly what my post was talking about, without IP hostages in this day in age there is no reason to get a console over a computer. IP hostages include games that can only work on Nintendo devices (at least for a little bit) because of gimmicks with the controls. There is not a doubt in my mind that the Wii (not the WiiU) sold incredibly well because there was at least one great reason to get the Wii from day one, Zelda:Twilight Princess. The WiiU as far as exclusive launch titles went was New Super Mario Bros which while faggots may like that they don't flock to Mario like they do to Zelda and it reflected in early sales. The PS4 had literally nothing exclusive worth buying on Day one and suffered for it.

Literally the only thing keeping consoles alive at this point is IP hostages and that's it. Maybe Nintendo does a bit of innovating but it really isn't anything dangerous or incredible.

As far as Handhelds go you currently have PS Vita, which faces that same problem that the PS4 doesn't which is barely any games, and the 3DS, which survives because of many lucrative exclusives.

funny how so many anons have called my thread out on being about datamining, when i just wanted to know whether or not to buy the system, a help to weigh the pros and cons of buying one, and i don't work for any analytics organisation or anything.

Your thread wasn't
"Why or why not should I buy a PS4" it was "Why have you goys not gotten a PS4 yet".

There's a world of difference.

This isnt even a crying lemon anymore
Vita has a breddy good size library

Video games are shit. Also, no one calling out how shit Bioshock 1 was tells me that most games are actually shit. Paying video games feels supporting a drug cartel.

Weaboo trash like Senran Kagura or Neptunia are not real games you fucking know it.

As for OP, why didn't you check my doubles yet?

oh, ok, sorry if the way i articulated myself seemed suspicious,english isn't my mother tounge.

I don't pay to play online
Also buying a console while it's still the current gen is dumb. The best moment to buy a console is as soon as the next one is out.

Prices drop, game prices drop, hipsters don't care about it, kids bring back all their used games or sell them online. Everything is 70% cheaper.

And it took four years to get there, unlike the Wii, why? Because there were no good exclusives, with no good exclusives, no one bought it, with no one buying it, there was little incentive, with little incentive no one developed exclusive IPs using it's technology. For god's sake the Japanese market was creating exlcusives for the PSP three years into the PS Vitas life cycle. The PS4 is going through the literal exact same process of no one wants to buy a PS4 because it had no games, and it took two years to have anything, it's recovering faster than the Vita. You'll have a reason to get a PS4 when it actually has god damn games not beforehand. And even then, nowadays more and more IPs aren't exclusives. Look at Nier Automata in op's pic, it's for the PC as well if a bit delayed, there's no reason to get a PS4 if I want to play that game.

Still suspicious but that's why I'm willing to answer your question. The only reason I don't have a PS4 right now is literally no games. Once all those titles in OP come out I'll see what the price is and weigh my options, also this faggots right cheaper is better.

The choice between PC and PS4 isn't technological capabilities as much as it is "how much do I want to play this particular game."

• Costs too much
• Don't like the controller compared to main competitor, therefore I'd rather play multiplatforms on the competing platform
• Don't like the vast majority of exclusive franchises from playing them on the PS3
• Already have trouble finding time for the games I do like

If I had more money and more time, I'd probably pick on up. I want one for Dragon Quest Builders and Kingdom Hearts III anyway, but other than that there is no reason for me to want it.

it has very few games
remakes/rereleases do not count as new games
uncharted, quantic dream "games", last of us, are all movies and not games
sony wants people to pay for online play, i'm not going to pay sony just to connect to their shitty store and some servers that they don't even own
a lot of decent games don't even get a western release or don't have japanese audio and english subtitles
100% of the time the english dub is inferior to the japanese dub. there are many good japanese voice actors, while western VAs are mostly random nobodies or overpriced hacks. the intention of the original dub is almost always lost, whether its the meaning, the tone, or both.
if sony needs more exclusives then why don't they ever get the japan only ones to come over to the west for a physical release? there are always some of them. theres somehow no interest in a fun mecha game? gundam breaker 3's localization that had a limited release is already backordered at 53 bux on play asia and has had a price hike to 90 dollars on burgerland's amazon.
no patches for many games to make them work better on their shiny new box, the PS4 Pro. so its more like a paperweight than anything useful.
instead of fiddling with this miserable console i can just actually play games on something else, like a PC or an older console.

A lot of people on Holla Forums have done very little research into the library available on the platform, it's surprising

nice

Half of them are multiplats too

Theres literally nothing but multiplats right now and the actual decent stuff has to be imported.

there is more than that, and you are the proof backing up my statement.

It didnt have ponies

I don't pay for vidya unless it is a good indie title that I have pirated to verify it is not trash.

A PS4 is cheaper in Canada than building a good PC. At least I got a Yakuza machine now.

Like what?

YOU have to sell this piece of shit to me.

Ps3 compatibility would have been a large + for this shit but SONY's semitism does not allow them. They think it will make more sheckels if goyim buy a new console and HD versions of old games to play. Games are becoming shit anyways so it might be best to skip this gen completely

No games.

They already did

Make sure your piece of shit product has some games

oh and I forgot:

So now SANY wants me to pay for using online features for this shit. Guess it brings bonus sheckels for their semitism

no fucking games you retard. tell you what sony, you get sega to translate and slap all the yakuzas on it, I'll buy a pro no questions asked.

-Sony was clearly riding off the "Were not the Xbone hype" when they were going to do the exact same shit this generation. They had the camera/kinect attachment to to spy on people and most likely would have have one use per person CDs that would have worked as well.
-Then they did the commercial where they shared the game only to reveal that multiplayer online is required. The big r
- There was also no games for It beforehand. and fanboys showing off "what could be" like Kingdom Hearts 3 and The Last Guardian(which I'll eat my words for) were coming out.
- Then they designed the controller with a share button so their design philosophy first came off of the fact that you need to be social instead of just playing the game
- They also tried to do the streaming games from their servers like on live. Just another attempt for a company to take away ownership from games from you
- Sony fanboys "defense" of games being free when you have to pay for a subscription.
- Sony also shilled the kickstarter for Shenmue 3 which set a new precedent for companies being greedier and making the fans pay for the game. It's more the people's fault for sucking kickstarters dick and being shameless fanboys
- I guess my life and finding a career takes priority so I can't put money into paying for online and buying a console

I'll give credit where it's due, FFXV and The last guardian came out, and there have been games I want to play llike GR2 and KoFXIV so it is getting games I want.

Considering you can't download movies you pay for on to the PS4s HDD and have to stream them instead, I can see this backfiring.

do your own research, I don't spoonfeed little babies who like to pretend they know what they're talking about.

Nice try shill
All the exclusives released this year aside from KoFXIV sucked dick.
And that is getting a port later on.

WHERE ARE THE GAMES user

Not enough exclusives and the ones it does have you have to worry about the localization teams fucking the games up. At the moment I only have a handful of games I really want and there aren't many games out there for the console, especially when compared to the impressive library the PS3/PS2 has.

Sony is also more focused on delivering "interactive experiences" than games any more.

Basically, I don't want to pay 500 dollars for a machine that has 3 games I want that may have bad localizations while the rest are just liberal propoganda dressed up as vidya.

The exclusive games they have put out are exceedingly average outside of Bloodborne and the overall performance of exclusives and multiplats has been terrible. Never mind paying for their awful online service

It's a locked down laptop PC in a console shell with none of the benefits. It's a redundant product that is relying on shackling exclusive games to sell it because it is completely meritless otherwise.

Also the most repugnant fanbase on the internet who will deny these facts and continue droning on like the good goy corporate slaves they are

Besides, paying more than $250-300 for a console is retarded. It's a locked down brick with extremely limited functionality and mediocre hardware, there's no reason it should cost that much.

Burden of proof is on you for claiming everyone is wrong about it having nogaems, yet you shoulder it onto others because "I don't have to educate you shitlord".

Also forgot to mention these
This isn't exclusive to PS4 but Sony is especially bad at this given their shitty capped download speeds.

broke as mother fucker

I don't have the money because I spent it on a PC, but I've been thinking about getting one ever since Nioh was announced…

I bet you can get a very cheap 2nd hand one when the pro comes out

It's already out isn't it, Hitler?

Its already out
Its been out for nearly 2 months now

user I…

nioh was announced in 2005 tho :^)

there is no evidence for nioh to be released for anything but the ps4.

I know, I was surprised as well when I saw them in the shops just after christmas.
How the fuck are you getting all these nice digits?

Have the option to use KB/M and allow me to play video games from other platforms starting from the 1980s.
No but seriously I just don't want to. I have a PC and am content with it, if I want to be comfy I just use my Xbox 360 controller. Also I'm broke and no piracy on

Fuck off sonycuck designing the ps5 looking for retards to do your job.

I would say I had keks blessing but im sure that its just luck

frankly I've been very dissatisfied with PC gaming for some time now. To me the platform has failed to appeal to me since 2010, and the direction it is going, an increase in very late ports, worse DRM, an abundance of unfinished games that developers just get away with, and growth in gambling, free to play, and other cancerous qualities in otherwise staple games and genres has made it lose its appeal. I don't want a multiplatform first person shooter box for RTS games I don't play, grand strategy games I don't care about, and old stalker mods which have lost their appeal long ago. I want a PC for high end PC games. Not console games + a half assed video options menu. These games are not appealing.

I think you posted the wrong image there, that's for a different game, Atelier Firis which has been announced for PS4, Vita, and a Steam release.

1080p60fps
keyboard&mouse support for FPS games, ability to turn off motion blur and have higher fov.

but as is, the consoles are so underpowered they can't achieve any of those.

why just fps games? They've been really lackluster lately.

I'm not buying consoles period.
Also I heard it's a bloodborne machine so no

Back to your 2012 laptop chucklefuck

Quake never gets old, neither do it's clones.
As for PS4 I don't care about AAA shit and neither do I care about weebshit with no gameplay and bright flashy graphics to impress autists.

I'm on my 2012 desktop actually, still haven't found a good reason to upgrade and there doesn't seem to be any on the horizon. I'll be doing so out of necessity soon but it's safe to say PC gaming hasn't really scratched the itch in some time.

I still frequent func for the new mapjams, and quake clones have long since lost their appeal. If I wanted quake 3, again, I'd just play quake 3. What is your definition of weebshit? Give me some examples.

cons

pros

I bought one for bloodborne, but i have a disposable income.

actually being able to own games overrides the piracy obstacles to me. Not being able to actually own anything on PC is a real problem.

just about anything japanese that isn't monhun. Frankly japanese games are shit and jrpgs are a meme, reading about the fucking boring stories of schoolgirls and turn based combat is not fun.

Well I would like kb&m support for everything
only things I care are weeb games but they are slowly coming to pc too.
also its fucking ridiculous how ps4pro still doesn't do 60fps

that's really vague. So what did you think of Dark Souls 3, and what do you think of Nier Automata and Ni-Oh?

A lot of physical releases are extremely hard to come by now. Plus you can get the game removed from your PSN account if someone goes retarded and removes it like it happened with PT

Finally someone else that doesn't like turn based games. I would like more games just ditch that.

yeah, it's not a standard as much as I'd like it to be too. Been a fan of 60fps since I played Daytona USA when it first hit arcades. Usually the games where it matters most do target it, and the ps4pro can do it, the developers just target higher end visuals these days.

not enough, and far too many are just re-releases. I've already played dragon's dogma dark arisen when it came out, I already played EDF 4.1 when it came out. Yeah, there's improvements, but I don't really care very much to buy a license to a game I already own physically.

As far as KB/M support goes, it's only really useful for a few genres, the only one of which that appeals to me has been seriously stifling itself lately.

you can still play PT actually, and physical releases aren't really that hard to come by. Only exceptions I've had are a few doujin games.

you act like they're in serious abundance or something.

What the fuck are you even talking about nigger?
I played on PC when I was a youngin, and got back into after years of console faggotry.
I've had mine for four years, it blows consoles out of the water.

I have no idea how anyone says a PC is not worth it, honestly blows me away.

my problem is i have a good PC and dont want to put steam or windows on it as my main OS, i prefer using knoppix. I have a dual boot to windows xp and 7 for other reasons, and even a VM for 98/95 for older games. its not even worth the effort for me anymore, i've been playing my ps4 more and more out of laziness and not wanting to close out of my other applications just to hop on an OS i hate, to run a program i hate, to play a game i enjoy.

problem is with the PS4 you will hit a dry spot and need to play something else. (and TBH i've been playing ps2 or catching up on pcengine games i missed out on)

if a good FPS comes out, maybe i'll hop back on win7/steam and play… but its been years since i felt the need to do that.

also atlier sophie i think is an exclusive.
the ratchet and clank remake is pretty good, even if it is just a taste…

i can still play PT. i upgraded to a 2tb hdd and was able to keep it. problem is you cant still download it… but PT wasnt a game, it was a demo.

I only bought like one game on ps3 before I built my PC so I don't mind re-releases on pc. they are superior anyway on pc

I've got a whole plethora of classic games I haven't played, PS4 has almost no games that appeal to me, consoles aren't as convenient as they used to be, paying for internet, poor performance, I enjoy games with lots of replay value more than just jumping from game to game, and I already have a big enough backlog as it is.

I don't really like weebshit simply because it's weebshit, so there isn't really all that much that appeals to me about the PS4.

Speaking of PS4 users. My friend never finishes a single game on it and always buys the newest games just to play for a day and buy the new "best game of [current year]" he even bought NMS when I told him it was gonna be shit. I wonder if all console users are like that.

at least he agrees with me on it and probably listens to me next time.

also pc's suck according to him.

Don't know about the last 2 but dark souls is shit.

This is some top data mining, but I'll answer.
Not enough friends played it and they ended up charging for online which was their only plus. All my friends bought xbones and the one friend who did have a ps4 only played ffxiv and I already played that on the PC. My friends are even buying me an xbone so they can have a full team in overcuck. I don't even like console FPS

Well yeah, I think these days a lot of people will be playing new old games they've yet to experience. The PS4 obviously isn't experiencing a constant stream of releases, what platform actually is? I've found comfortably that the PS4 has been the only platform with good releases as of late. I spend my down time mostly with the sega saturn or classic xbox. The PS4 gets its use when a new game comes around for it, and it's happening pretty frequently lately. Next game I'll be playing on it is gravity rush 2, and the demo was fucking excellent. And shortly after that Yakuza, and then Nier. I kinda have lost track a bit of the upcoming releases, but I'm pretty sure there's like 6 major titles from now to March.

I usually get games as they come out and play them as they come out. PC versions are sometimes better, but the real world results are pretty inconsistent.

DaS3 was alright, better than most other games, especially on PC.

Running games, preferably with a decent framerate and visuals.
Games like EDF and Dragons Dogma which framedrop so hard it hurts.

What?

But you don't, even DVDs are only licenses and they will be useless once the OG hardware is gone.

kys

Sophie is getting a port next month

youre not wrong, mods and playing updated old good games is definitely a plus that consoles cant and will likely never measure up to.
but playing old games is only fun for some if you've never played them before and want to play the definitive version. but if i played them before, i'd rather play something i've never played before.

the people i meet online (that are in my age group) fall into 2 categories. japanese people that have like 100+ platinum trophies in their history. or lazy gamers like me that actaully play good games.
but i also dont play every newest game and meet every casual on opening day.

that demo completely suprised me. i mean… the original game was pretty good… but damn did they improve it.

youtube.com/watch?v=czh4RcR3iRM

60 fps or bust

I might play nudoom when I upgrade next year, but other than that, it's really not a problem for me.

yep, software is still just a license on consoles too, but physcial media does make a notable difference.

all the physics effects, the tiny little debris that reacts, the way everything gets pulled towards you, it's such a huge improvement. I loved the first one after I realized it doesn't come together until you invest in some of your stats, but this one blew me away. It's going to be a tremendous game.

funny, stalker call of pripyat was the last real PC game I actually gave a shit about. Mods can't quite keep a game alive when the core experience is pretty much identical.

Learn how to embed newfag
Shenmue is coming to PC

just get a TV that artificially inflates it. if youre not playing on a CRT the input delay is going to fuck with you more than the difference between 30 and 60 fps so its more about aesthetics with most modern games, and any good TV can create frames and make it smooth.

go back to cuckchan.
i thought it was a ps4 exclusive, thats cool tho.

>artificial frames
Console cucks are this delusional.

Are you stupid?

those 240hz displays actually have some pretty bad input lag. PC monitors much more often target lower refresh rates, TVs are usually at minimum 16ms, they aren't the best for input lag - but if you really care that much you'd be using a CRT like you said. Part of the reason why I have this big thing parked next to me right now.

The PS2 had so many games, I go back and play those that I never had an opportunity to play.

Also dos box games to play old 90s PC games that I played when I was younger or that I never had a chance.

I have to believe this is bait, someone cannot be this stupid.

I'm sorry you have shit taste and only buy whats advertised to normalfags.
No wonder you think the PS4 is the only platform getting new releases.
Only on consoles
They've been proving you wrong for 8 years now.

Webm or fuckoff then

TREMENDOUS
ive played this demo repeatedly. smashing O while walking through the town center and watching the chaos also, the human enemies are so much fun to fight. so many ways to take them out. you can actually use your gravity shift to throw them around the map. last demo i played this much was nioh

its called postprocessing faggot and it compensates for audio. can you give me a solid reason why this isnt acceptable in a modern game? name a modern game that needs that much precision to play, but at the same time is fine on an LCD with that input delay.

i had alot of time when i had my ps2… my library for it is embarrassingly large. but yea, i sometimes go back and emulate ones i missed if i hear about them and they interest me. but yea.. its been a while since i've done that. my win7 installation could be corrupted for all i know.

i have an old zenith i hook my old consoles to. the lag is noticable especially in platformers… jumping late and falling…

It's coming to xbone as well isn't it? Isn't it just a timed exclusivity thing on PS4?
It could be something else I'm thinking of though, but I do remember people bitching that a game they thought was going to be PS4 exclusive was coming to xbone and PC.

replied

So you're saying a T.V has the processing power to scan what is being displayed, understand what object is moving, and what is static, then actually MOVE the object to compensate for poor performance which it can also somehow detect.

I just don't know anymore.

You are mistaking upgrading for and upgrading out of necessity. Playing nudoom is an opportunity for me to form my own opinion on it. You don't just repeat what others tell you, right? I mean that would be a little sad to be so perpetually uninformed. Me improving/replacing my PC opens the gates just a bit wider to new things, but I would never do it for a mediocre multiplat game. Maybe if PC gaming ever gets major exclusives again, it may catch my attention. As it is, MMOs and RTS games…aren't really high on my priority list.

yep, PC gaming has this problem, consoles don't.

sure, find me a stalker mod that actually changes the core game play, something the engine really can't accommodate. I know you don't understand the very basis of the argument, so I'm not going to bother past this post.

I'm sure you've tried the Nier Automata demo too, right?

You do realize that most good monitors have around 1ms input lag. TV's with aggressive postprocessing can have anywhere from 50 to 100ms. at 60fps the delay between frames is 16.666ms. at 30fps it doubles and add TV input lag + wireless controller lag to it and you have a mess on your hands.

Even turning on Vsync on PC is so fucking horrible in most titles. The mouse just lags behind what you see on screen.

As for what games its not acceptable, any fast paced FPS games and fighting games for example. some platformers too

Why am I even replying to clear bait?

Someone can't be this gullible.

i gave it a whirl. a bunch of times. i actually enjoyed gravity rush alot more. i dont like how you can just spam dodge to remain invincible while being attacked.

exactly my point. what good new modern FPS games are worth playing right now? what modern fighting games are worth playing right now?

stop projecting. nobody said that.

it's definitely not perfect, although you can't spam dodge it is pretty forgiving. It's absolutely one of many upcoming releases that has me very excited.

Also the new KOF was very good, but shooters? Well you're gonna be disappointed if that's the genre you care most about.

Really any game is bad with input lag you can't deny that.
csgo is popular, the new UT is coming along nicely and has players for example
also you are implying people don't play older shooters you dumbshit

UT4 has more than 12 players now? I'm impressed, they have enough to fill a server at least?

kek
we're talking about new games faggot. you realize youre in a PS4 thread? so the shooter would have to be on PS4 to actually work in that argument against using motionflow to make PS4 look smooth.

as i said, it doesnt fucking matter because the games dont require that level of precision. i mean, scroll up and look at the games people are talking about.

you really think 100ms delay is going to negatively effect dragon quest builders or ocean star?

i enjoyed it, but i've been anticipating it for a long time, while gravity rush 2 was a complete suprise for me and i havnt been following it at all.

when the saws come for you, if you spam L2 and any direction, you will take no damage. i can pass completely through the saw when this happens. its even rested on top of me while i remained invincible.

the challenge comes when you want to attack and not get hit. they dont let you cancel your animations atleast. but in bosses you can spam dodge while waiting for an opening.

shit?
bad company 2 as well, these are pretty old games you're talking about here, bf2 is 11 years old m8. It's safe to say that era is way over.

my sides

You were asking if the games were still alive you triple nigger, and they are. Look at Project Reality for BF2 for gods sake.

my sides

hey now, by the time nier automata hits other platforms it'll be an old game.

damn you got me im a pc gamer now
no really that's very nice and all. I think it's great you can be continually entertained by first person shooting, I need a little more and mods don't really deliver on it all too often.

ok cool everyone proved you wrong on your opinions on mods and now you're just projecting your shit taste cool shit fam upvoted

you can leave now

nigger, read the thread. PS4 suddenly has like 6 games.

Misery, StalkerSoup, OGSE
Fuckoff you with your goalpost moving

Do you even play vidya?
Fuck out of here

Trying to argue with Sonyggers is like trying to argue with a passive agressive soccermom.

m8 he plays skyrim every day of his life, he doesn't care about new games when he has mods to satisfy his desire to companionship, sexual release, and my little pony roleplaying

also you forgot persona 5

misery, stalker soup, and ogse don't really change the core game play. They add a bit to it. You don't seem to know what you're talking about so I'm just going to filter your ID for now.

sonyggers.

name a new/modern fps or fighting game thats worth playing user. what are you currently playing?

thanks satan.

persona 5 is a ps4 exclusive? i thought it was just a timed exclusive.

port begging be damned

Go away Sony.

it's also on PS3, but it's safe to say the PS4 version is a notable improvement.

zulu seven niner i got this one in my sights the red dot sight not the iron sight theres a difference mom jeez

Half the games on that list aren't even out yet.

Although I did actually buy a PS4. I think I would have been better off waiting until next year when all the games I wanted were already out, however.

my
sides

Sorry did he destroy your sage space?

Cry more sonygger. You guys dont have any games.

you know this is 8/v/ right

then stop begging for them :^)

i dont want bloodborne we already have three dark souls, of which, i can get for free from the piratebay

You can leave, if I wanted cuckchan tier console war shittery and arguments I would go to cuckchan, theres no need for you to give us the cancerous experience here.
Thanks though

none of them are as good, such a shame you're limiting your options so much by sticking to one platform. You should go where the games are, you'll probably enjoy it much more.

since you dont have a ps4, its still considered new for you

jealous of the butt physics on nyotengu? and the constant flow of updates?

What's the appeal of the modern consoles?

4k upscaling at 60fps on all three on PC, 30fps at 720p-1080p on ps3 and 4 wew lad ok :^)

because consoles are better

lol graphics whore has nothing else to brag about

i can get it for free, every game :^)))))))))))

bloodborne is a better game though. no shield. fast gameplay. better controls. well thought out weapons. better bosses and enemies. it surpassed the 1st dark souls by a wide margin. 2 and 3 arent even worth playing tbh.

thats literally the most casual thing i've ever heard anyone say on Holla Forums

because you can do both user. just because you buy a PS4 doesnt mean you throw your PC in the trash.
my PS4 was a netflix machine and dust collector for years. recently i've been playing it exclusively, but as soon as the library dries up i'll go back to my PC or one of my old consoles.

Wrong buzzword.
You implied frame interpolation was a worthwhile prospect despite giving even worse input delay than playing a game on a normal LCD, shit frame rate included. Even with a shit framerate, the delay from a normal LCD would be nowhere near as bad as it would with a TV that attempts to create frames. Not to mention a lower framerate would inherently make frame creation even worse given the lower amount of frames to pool data from. An inconsistent framerate would further fuck this creation process up. At that point it would be far better just to take a shit framerate as is with the delay from the TV versus some TV attempting to interpret it all to make it's own frames while adding even more of a delay to it.

Don't you get it user, he wants mods that turn the game into a completely different game :^)

Heres your reply

>Implying I need shitty cocktease games with no content when I can play with myself using hardcore porn games

Where did you guys come from? You werent here 6 months ago.

sonyniggers

I think dark souls 3 is alright, but going back after bloodborne there's a huge disparity in quality, design, and just polish overall. Like from the very first proper stage, overlooking the castle wall and seeing a horrendous LOD model right in my face - bloodborne had its flaws here and there, but by and large it blew the fuck out of dark souls 3, a game a year newer, away. That's just the visuals, the actual game play is just so much better in bloodborne, the bosses are fantastic, the improvements in mechanics are brilliant.

I've been here since September 2014 :)

are PC gamers this dumb these days? I definitely don't belong on the platform any more.

i will say you are an expert shitposter my friend

Bet you faggots think DeS is better too.
DaS was the pinnacle, deal with it.
Learn to cope.

Take a stress or anger management class.

m8 you really just said dark souls is literally bloodborne for pc.

DeS was better, it was a more complete game and didn't completely fall apart in the last quarter. The improvements in DaS were nice but they clearly weren't taken to their fullest considering the game was so incomplete.

no i was wrong dark souls is shit bloodborne is objectively better i am now a ps4proster

He cant deal with it because BB is the inly shit on the PS4 worth breathing at and it cant even run at 30FPS consistently

i unlocked the nudity outfits in doax3 and can add tan/wet that look really good. it has butt physics, and uses a model updated from doaLR.

congratulations, youre using the blowup doll equivelant of an H game.

dark souls 2 was made by a different studio that failed to capture the spirit of the 1st because they fell for the "its the hardest game ever made prepare to die edition XD" meme. dark souls 3 was a technical failure because miyazaki didnt want to do another dark souls. but atleast its better than 2.

bloodborne was a work of passion where he improved on demon souls and dark souls and made a solid fucking game.

bloodborne was the pinnacle. dark souls was a great game. ive never played demon souls because ps3.
you really shouldnt count bloodborne out. they fucking perfected dark souls in it. its more narrow, but it forces players to take a speed build. but it works so well. you cant just tank with heavy armor and shield. the armor progression is horizontal.

i know bloodborne is good dark souls is shit i understand now i am currently buying 5 ps4 pros god bless the japanese

go away pcnigger ps4 pro all the way

it was largely a lot of the same people. Maybe about 70% of the same key staff as DeS and DaS, but some of the key members were working on bloodborne. Different teams, same studio. DaS2 was incredibly flawed, DaS3 was decent, but it still mostly felt like a worse dark souls/bloodborne.

i agrre fuck dark poops

No it had just as much cut content there were several areas out right cut.
Miyazaki even mentions this which is why Painted world was there because they couldn't do everything they wanted so they fixed the lore a bit to make it work.

DeS was good but had so many mechanical flaws such as grass farming, even worse weapon and build variety then DaS3.

Most DeS fanboys I think have played DeS they just parrot common talking points.

You mean a game that had awful build diversity until the DLC?
You mean the game with the rifle spear for multiplayer?
You mean the game where you can stunk lock bosses with gun parries?
You mean a game where you recover health after a succesfull counter?
You mean a game that lacks weight requirements, proper weapon scaling, stats that matter other then main attack stats and health.
A game which has only one handed weapons always requiring a fire arm?
A game with Frenzy which with the beast claws people thought would actually do something but didn't until the DLC?
A game with the most repetitive and boring dungeons that are randomly generated which everyone shits on except its okay when Miyazaki does it?

dark souls is a great game. bloodborne is better.
you really cant wrap your mind around that, can you?

Bloodborne>DaS>>>DaS3>>>>>>>>>DaS2

I have a strange fixation towards hardware

ITS GUD BECAUSE I SAID SO!!11

But Nintendon't consoles are not only locked down, they're kiddie tier bullshit where everything is a safe space
All you can do is pirate shit. It's still just as locked and useless as any other shitty console.

BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER BLOODBORNE IS SHIT YOU SONY NIGGER

also "muh cfw" is basically "mods will fix it"

I bet you suck dicks as well

Yep, northern limit was cut and was clearly unfinished, but what is there is undeniably content complete. Can't say the same about Izalith, demon ruins, repeat bosses.

the painted world was the first finished level in dark souls, they just couldn't tie it anywhere cohesively in the game world. It's also probably the best designed area in the game, but it had nothing to do with demon's souls development, it was developed after DeS shipped.

No one is denying DeS is flawed, but it's definitely a more complete game which never really hits the lows of dark souls. Would have loved to see the tomb of giants better expanded, a proper lost izalith that wasn't fucking dragon asses and floating ruins where you can peer directly into the void if you position your camera facing downwards, it's a real shame the game shipped in that state. Better boss fights for the last half of the game too.

D:

I think you have the idea that consoles are a replacement for PC, but nobody who plays with consoles thinks this except for maybe the games.

Modern console with fewer games than the wiiu

Nobody except all the fanboys who compare them to PCs

yeah, probably just for the games.

Found the cuckchanner

Repeat bosses is a complaint of someone who is not even familiar with the RPG genre.

Having early game bosses come back as late game enemies has been going on since early FF.
It's to give the player a feeling of becoming more powerful something sorely lacking in modern RPG's as the enemies scale with you.
It was a smallish area compared to others but the people who complain about it, never seem to be able to explain what is wrong with it.

I didn't say it was, I said that they kept it in despite not finishing the level to lead up to it, so they did the painting in Anor Londo.

You're really looking through rose tinted glasses.
DeS never hit the highs of DaS.
Bosses were fine.
The root of chaos was again a throwback to older RPG's where a few bosses had weak spots you had to look for.
Ass demon is the only valid complaint and all the dragon asses makes sense lore wise.

I'm not a fan of Steam and Origin and refuse to get games that come with Denuvo or require a Uplay/WBGames login (although I have yet to find any from Ubishit or WB remotely worth buying so far).

I'm also not much of a fan of Windows 10 and the artificial attempts at retiring 7. Scraping auto-updates out of the registry that I later found would've bricked my motherboard shouldn't need to be on my agenda, and it isn't with Mint Linux or Debian. Until a free operating system gets a good majority of contemporary PC games (NieR Automata, for example, has no Linux port on the way), I don't see enough of an advantage, and putting up with Microsoft's bullshit isn't worth it.

Cry me a river baby. PC has like fucking 10 games ALL on PS4!

Tons of games are on PS4, FAGGOT!! See Bloodborne for example or BF4!!!!

the build diversity wasnt as wide, but the game was still better. youre forced to go fast, while enemies are fast.
the rifle spear was patched years ago
you cannot stun lock bosses easily. it requires precise timing.
the health you recover is small and varies between weapons. it gives a risk/reward so youre penalized for rolling away from the fight like in DaS.
the armor is horizontal progression so you dont have to wait to get a playable build. the game just gets harder to compensate.
the stats towards stamina, health, strength, agility, and blood are all important depending on your build. you upgrade weapons using items that arent given out until certain points in the game so weapon progression is capped with game progression
each weapon (well, almost all of them) has a 2 handed mode that you transform between.
beast claw builds have always been viable.
the game isnt repetative at all, but the randomly generated ones are, but theyre like a bonus for people that want to keep playing. the game is just as large if not larger than dark souls without the infinite dungeons which introduce new enemies and bosses.

i've played both extensively so i have some grounds to give an opinion. have you?

youre really angry about not getting a pc release.

id rather have better quality models that actually look like the girl.
plus it now lets me shake her tits/butt around by waving the controller. you can also cause her swimsuits to malfunction using this method.

I sold my PC because I realized just how much more fun I could have with a PS4! I own a PS4 Pro! With a 4K television and play Madden with my friends from school!!

Someone is mad they don't get BLOODBORNE!!!!!

yep, and dark souls has the first boss come back twice but as an actual boss with some barely expanded moves and a plainly reused model. Not really interesting.

they kinda do this in dark souls, just very poorly. Hey instead of placing a few taurus demons and capra demons in clever situations, just paste them arbitrarily over a large, flat area. Fucking brilliant. Oh wait, its fucking boring. Demon's Souls did this excellently with Vanguard. First boss? Pretty intimidating. Next time you see it is in the first stage of one of the later areas and it works in a punctual sense. Everything you've gotten through up to that point has made that first boss that may have destroyed you on the spot is now just a slightly special grunt. Worked really well there.

been doing that for a bit now m8

the source had no sound and was low quality.
i used webmenco.de a long time ago to make it.

its called the ps4, having 6 games is 2 more than you could ever expect.

jesus, i never intended this to happen… why is there so much shitflinging going on?

I spent all my money on Bad Dragon fleshlights and the fursuit I commissioned :(

Sorry PCfags are so mad they dont get good games!

Good shitposts mate, got a chuckle from them.

Its a good thing you have a choice in operating systems on the pc then, something a console lacks.

YOU

ARe

MAD????

consoles aren't meant to be an alternative to a PC…

Cuckchan and their console wars seem to be spilling over for some reason.

They are, and are OBJECTIVELY, better! You PC noob!

There are developers who support Linux, but not enough.

If I'm not a fan of proprietary software, why on earth would I recommend Mint Linux?

What's wrong with 4chan? I browse Reddit and 4chan and Holla Forums at the same time!

Explain to me how a game which has a faster pace somehow makes it better?
Yeah you were going faster, you can roll forever and you are always wearing cloth/light armor.
Please nigga its the exact same as parrying, you BB fags like to make everything more in depth to talk it up.
There are several bosses which can be completely cheesed by baiting the same attack and countering.
That is literally skryim tier
Yeah dude you get armor but its okay because you get armor that helps against harder enemies.

In DaS you upgraded armor, found sets that looked nice and had good resistances and armor values as well as balancing the weight you needed.
That is all gone in BB, that is mechanics and depth stripped out which is called a benefit because it comes on a PS4.
Again more boring linear progression, in DaS you could get the key as a gift go to the Catacombs get fire enchantment for your weapons, or go to lagcity to get better weapons for the start.
Its harder because you're lower level but the rewards are greater something that makes the game BETTER for it.
No only in the DLC as the frenzy beast mechanic was half-assed out the gate and only worked as bleed.

You are just repeating the exact same thing you said earlier.
I said its not a big deal because its common in RPG's and is actually good.
You just repeat the same shit.
The same model? That's your complaint if it was a different model it would be a different enemy, are you retarded?

They did do this quite well, you aren't really making any solid criticism.

THIS NIGGER IS ADMITTING THAT DES IS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING THAT DAS DID BUT ITS GOOD WHEN DES DOES IT BUT BAD WHEN DAS DOES IT
Holy fuck nigger, this is why you and your other friend are being mocked.
You're arguments aren't holding water without heavy Sony bias.

LOL tl;dr!

Do you not know how to install Windows 7?

That's a lie, though.
archive.fo/0lZ6N

Nope! You can load Linux on a PS3!

Two Sonyggers who regularly shit up the board happened.

PcFAG!

First version of Sony's consoles always sucks
Consoles are the reason why gaming is stagnating in its current state so fuck them bascally

Did you even read the article you just linked?

My favorite part about 7, as I described earlier, was scraping out an auto-update function out of the registry, something that, if allowed, would've bricked my motherboard later on. There also isn't much of a compatibility layer for 64-bit systems like mine, forcing the use of a virtual machine for older programs.

Do you really think that's something the end user should have to do in this day in age?

I see a PS4 running Linux, so the claim that there's no choice in OS is a lie.

Requiring a nonreleased exploit, doesn't allow you to play ps4 games through the OS. That isn't a choice. It is an alternative use for a console with >nogaems

I don't understand nigger for years you've had three choices Linux, Apple or Microsoft
Microsoft has been known as shit since 98 when it blue screened while Bill gates showed it off.

However it was bearable shit as Microsoft still has things locked down that Linux and Apple don't.

Microsoft 10 reverses all of that however you have options like going back to windows 7.
Also if you have auto updates on your retarded.
I haven't updated Windows 7 in years and I'm a Okay.

You are clearly not understanding what I am saying then.

Demon's Souls did it well, integrated it well into the design, it was used as a method of testing how well players have progressed, and a way to dissuade new players from wandering into an area they probably aren't quite ready for.

Dark souls did it poorly, in an area the creator admits was rushed and hastily slapped together and regrettably unfinished, had to receive post launch patches (you'd know this if you didn't wait a year for a PC port) to make remotely playable.

How is scattering taurus demons and capra demons around a flat plane remotely good? There is no creative design involved. There is no interesting approach the player is encouraged or directed to take. It's literally a giant flat area with an assortment of enemies you fought from earlier on in a poorly thought out section. Demon's Souls did it once. "My are" arguments are perfectly sound, it seems like you aren't understanding them and have some sort of absurd bias over a game just because it's exclusive to a sony platform.

Say goodbye to your PSN account

please tell me how i can play games on knoppix or even ubuntu without having to dual boot win7?

thats what im currently doing. and its a pain in the ass

you cant roll forever. faster being fun is a personal preference, but speed builds in das are more fun, so it shouldnt be shocking. shooting the boss with perfect timing and being able to bait attacks requires practice and patience, any game gets predictable and easy if you play it enough.
horizontal means later on armor is just as good as early armor, its just for fashion.
it doesnt allow you to over power your armor and tank through the game.
the accessories you equip to your weapon replace it. the weapons are limited with how you upgrade them, they just do more damage, but the weapons themself have a huge range of uses and types of attacks thats missing in DaS
just because they improved it in the DLC doesnt mean it wasnt viable before.

bloodborne is better because theres much more variety in gameplay. different enemies require much different strategies, where in DaS the only way the combat changed was if your build changed.

darksouls had variety but relied on your build. bloodbornes variety stems from the types of enemies and their variety of attacks, and the variety with each weapon.

and it will severely reduce which games you can play just like a pc

Doesn't matter. There's a choice in OS.

there is the gpu passthrough solution for VMs, but this is not necessarily a perfect or easy solution.

youre 100% technically correct.

Now now, no one likes seeing anons defend jew companies for free.

i was able to do a VM with 98/95 but windows 7 and running games through it would cause a huge performance drop.

i wonder what the steam fanboys that hate win10 are going to do when win7 gets shafted like they did to XP. they'll be forced onto 8, 10, and windows "rainbow" or whatever faggot shit they'll release next year.

im on my XP partition right now.. atleast palemoon keeps an active xp version

I never said a console would take care of any home needs, besides leisure, I guess.

I don't really have a choice. NieR's only coming to Windows, and there's still no release date for that version. I also have no reason to believe Persona 5, Yakuza 6, or The Last Guardian have PC ports on the way either, much less for something like Linux.

That says a lot about Windows, how I'm willing to put up with PS4's bullshit if it means an easier switch to Linux over Microsoft's bullshit.

Demon's Souls did it well, integrated it well into the design, it was used as a method of testing how well players have progressed, and a way to dissuade new players from wandering into an area they probably aren't quite ready for.
You sound like a liberal explaining why Americans colonizing America was bad, but why illegals colonizing the U.S is good.

Dark souls did it poorly, in an area the creator admits was rushed and hastily slapped together and regrettably unfinished, had to receive post launch patches (you'd know this if you didn't wait a year for a PC port) to make remotely playable.
A bunch of bullshit you just made up to fit your argument, then of course an argument which will lead up to how the PC market ruined DaS.

Because by that vague definition then every game does this.
Man those undead villagers in BB they just throw them around in this flat area.

Yes you can nigger, there is about a .5 second delay as you only need SOME stam to roll.
That's an opinion, and like most opinions in untrue, DaS was the last game where strength weapons and heavy armor was viable as well as fun.
Of course not as much for multi.

So you admit the armor being only for fashion somehow makes the game better when all the armor mechanics were stripped out?
So denying player freedom is good?
Wew
No they're not, it just changes the hitbox and range, as well as damage.
Just like swapping a weapon or offhand would.
Like cmon dude.

Wine, and you can't dual boot on a console.

Great choice

HOW SOMEONE DESCRIBES WATER

HOW SONYGGERS DESCRIBE THEIR WATER EXCLUSIVE IN THEIR SONY HOME ENTERTAINMENT WATER COOLER™

HOW SONYGGERS DESCRIBE NON-SONYWATER

I can barely read this post, you need to format it correctly.

and stop with the console war shit:

this isn't 4chan.

Doesn't matter, there's a choice in operating system. That's all that was asked for. If you want Sony to accommodate that with their people, feel free to write them.

Only when it comes to Sonyggers defending it, yeah fanboys all act the same more at 9.
It was Sonyggers because that's what we have in the thread.
Are you retarded?

I think you're just an illiterate nigger.

Right so why are you here?

why are you here if all you're doing is trying to stir up console wars which is clearly against the rules?

I forgot we can only shit on companies that are not nintendo.

nah, nintendo is pretty fair game here. It's the PC gamers you gotta watch out for. Fanatical bunch.

Nah, this thread has shown how many rabid nintendrones we have the woodworks. It's getting biodrone bad.
**I wonder what Yoshi's farts smell like!? XD"

You must not have been here very long, it's kind of absurd how defensive they get over their platform.

Course you'd say that. Bloodborne is the only worthwile thing on the PS4. If you admitted Dark Souls was better, how could you justify wasting so much money.

Oh bloodborne fags. You are always good for a laugh.

STR and armor was viable in 2 as well. Its just DaS3 decided to gut the original dark souls mechanics to make bloodbornes fetal alcholol syndrome child.

nigger, you need to rethink your priorities.

how was last guardian? it looked frustrating so i didnt bother. maybe i'll pick it up when its $5.

yes, but because of how fast the enemies move, rolling with delays isnt even a viable escape unless the enemy is somehow no longer aggrod
yes, im ok with that since the game was so fulfilling, challenging and fun. it didnt have as much replayability as DaS, but replayability isnt everything. especially when the enemies and bosses offer so much variety in combat.

the weapon transformations, and transformation attacks, and the continuity of each type of swing (for example the heavy swing in light light heavy combo is very different from light heavy combo) light transform, heavy, light transform light, all have different attack paths and damage.

its not just range and power, direction changes, and depending ont he weapon, sometimes the combos change. the steak driver can either be a rapidly stabbing weapon with a crazy powerful punch attack, or essentially a sword. add in the detailed combo animations and you get a very different attack method.

the hammer sword lets you interrupt stabbing combos with different types of stabs, and lets you shithe it for an overhead swing with/without hammer allowing you to fake out people in PVP or make last second changes to the combo.

im not arguing that DaS is a bad game, i played it religiously for a long time. the build variety is fun to play around with, but bloodborne distilled the parts about DaS i loved, vastly improved it, and put it in a single game.

ALL OF THE DAY BRO

Like I said, why do you have an axe to grind against a company you don't personally know? Sony is no more innocent than Nintendo or any other scummy company but the retards thinking that sony is somehow worse than amiibos or anything created by Microsoft.
Fanboys of any walk of life pisses me off. Nintendo seems to be some golden cow here, i'm shocked you don't know that while calling others new.

Who's trying to start up console wars?
You understand that term?
CONSOLE WARS
CONSOLE
A home entertainment system
WARS
A engagement between two opposed forces

Where here I'm just making fun of the niggers defending BB. I'm not arguing anything is superior just the game they like is inferior and they hold it on a pedestal as being one of the few games on PS4.

PC users shit on their hobby and choice of system all the time, half the fucking threads are
t. PC user

I've already rebuked you, you're done.
BB is good but its not as good as DaS.
They stripped out a shitload of mechanics which you just imply is good, then you stumble over your own points pointing out hypocrisy in things that make DaS bad make BB good.
BB is a watered down DaS with faster combat, a few new mechanics (somewhich are the same as DaS)

How come they can dish it among themselves but when a console gamer points it out they can't take the heat?

the $500 isnt going to put me in the poor house user, i just spent over $30k updating my bathrooms.

nigger, your arguments are easily refuted and you cant defend them. so just claim victory and walk away i guess.

BB is a different game from dark souls. its one that features more linear progression and distilled the best parts of dark souls and put them into a game. its not supposed to be a sequel, so nothing was "stripped out".

BB is better because the combat is more complex, there is more enemy variety, more enemy attack variety and AI, and the weapons offer more variety of attacks. all of those points are objectively true.

so, how come? Are they really that sensitive to have their publicly known shortcomings of their preferred platform pointed out?

Nothing like a nintendo apologist.

No games of interest. Paid online. Limited hardware. No mods and even when there are some, they are extremely limited.

Shit datamining thread.

I'm only a sega apologist, and they don't make consoles any more, you can stop evading any time

Stop replying to the Sonygger
Its the same 2 faggots everytime

It's like WW1 never ended!

Have you seen Yoko Taro's promotion of Atlus' announcement?

It was both hilarious and depressing.

I did defend them pretty well that you had to start making hypocritical claims that things that made DaS bad make DeS good.
Linear is bad
Distilled as to remove aspects
Then they aren't comparable.
You want to compare the games and say which one is better but you don't want compare mechanics that makes DaS better just mechanics that make BB look better.
Look above for your hypocrisy which shows your obvious bias.

Despite you admitting they took out mechanics, but that's okay because they aren't supposed to be there because its not a sequal but mechanics DaS lacks are fine to bring up?
Wew lad
No not really, they have enemy patrols which is neat but that's it, not anymore enemies and the AI isn't noticeably better.
No they don't I've gone and argued this to death with you Sonyggers.
When you get the attacks between weapons 1 handed, 2 handed, left handed, or used with shield you have many more movesets.

No one cares enough about Sony to do that though.
Also saw the same thing with the ass android.
It was the best game ever, when it was a Sony Exclusive, then the minute they announced multi-play the people in the thread lost their shit claiming that the PC community would ruin it just like they did DaS.
And then the thread died and stayed dead for several days.

Its was amazing, went from.
THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER
to
I NEVER LIKED THIS GAME ANYWAY

well, there is no denying PC communities have a detrimental effect on the quality of discussion - this thread is proof of that. Hey, at least us console gamers will be done with it before they ruin it :)

You are new here, aren't you?

as new as someone who has been here since September 2014 can be.

No games

Sure thing bud, way to blow your cover.
Not only a sonygger but a newfag to boot.

damn they know i need to change ips

NeoGag

They're to busy screaming console war in Switch threads to damage control that disaster of a console.

What are you even trying to say?
I think the reason you couldn't read my post before was because you struggle with the English language.

1. Not enough exclusives (I have a gaming PC)
2. Feels like I'm just buying a second less powerful gaming PC for little reason other than to play console-locked games. A waste of money

no hold on my cover, no one must know ive only been on 8ch's Holla Forums since it was relevant and i own consoles shit my cover man you dont know how it feels to be compromised fuck my image i was working so hard to maintain it this whole thread god damn….

Typical retard.

I don't have it. In fact, I haven't played any Team Ico games, so it looks like my journey will start on the PS3.

I bet you don't even play bideo gaems.

If you did any of that you would understand board culture.
You fucked up and as all newfaggots instead of realizing you've been exposed, going and lurking to make sure it doesn't happened again, you double down as all newfaggots, where you will get increasingly angry until you fuck up once again and post a 9gag meme, or something equally cancerous, THEN you'll leave.
But only after hours of argument and to be honest, I don't enjoy arguing with newfaggots that much.

He is a goon user.

fuck i keep getting exposed this is a disaster my whole plan

lol there are people that care this much

Remakes can be fine if they offer a new experience or add enough content + remastering the old one in a significant enough way to justify a new purchase, otherwise if it's just a "remaster" then a lower price tag or no-go

So the thread is made by some goon. It's console war shit anyway. Any gaming platform is shit. I regret replying before reading the posts.

You care enough to keep responding.
I'm imagining you're trying to convince yourself you aren't mad and trying to play it off like you weren't outed.

I don't think anyone actually remembers what console wars were.
Its goldenface.jpg and its derivatives, not even arguments.

This thread is gold.

So why is it okay that nintendo can make "remake" after "remake"?

Holy jesus

I don't have anything against them, but I strongly prefer new things over any remakes. The Ratchet remake was decent but it definitely wasn't as good as the original game, which wasn't exactly a killer title in the first place. Insomniac would be better off getting new IPs developed, and Sony is absolutely in a position to get that ball rolling but they had other plans with a movie that wasn't particularly successful and a budget game that was decent at best.

im so outed man i dont belong i never will god what will i do….

You're almost to (50)

Paid online. I don't play online often, but when I do I don't want to fish out my credit card. The free games are shit, too.
Nogaems. I know it's a meme but none of the games on the PS4 interest me enough to want to go out and buy it. Bloodborne looks kinda cool but I haven't played the rest of the Souls games.
Controls. The dualshock 4 is neat and all but I'm used to playing FPS games with a keyboard and trackball. There might be adapters for that sort of thing but I'd prefer something official
Nowhere to put it. I already have enough trouble finding space for my other consoles. I had to tape my Wii U to the wall and hold it in place with hardboard and coaxial cables. Where the fuck do I put a PS4, and if I tape/board/tie it to the wall will it die?

Official keyboard/mouse support and dropping paid online would be a great start. That way if I had a PS4 I could play normalfag games with my normalfag friends without paying a monthly fee and using a controller for FPS games.
As for the rest of it I'd have to see some games that make me want to buy it. It looks OK, but OK isn't worth the cost of the console.

I have nothing against Sony or consoles in general. I have a Vita, and they didn't push that much, but at least it got good games and was cheap. The Vita has an amazing clicky dpad too, so I can't complain about controls. Only issue is that it's fucking stupid to hold because of the rear touchpad, and I fixed that with a grip thingy.

WEW, theres so much wrong here i dont even know where to begin. since those are just plain old wrong statements, i guess i'll respond to the only one that holds any water.

DaS has a wide build variety. the game relies on you to add variety by changing your build.
BB has alot of game variety because of the improved combat, enemies, and weapons.

this is the moveset for the most simple weapon in the game. youtube.com/watch?v=WyqeAH_AAdE
notice how the smallest change effects the direction/power/range of the swing. enemies also have similar ranges of attacks. this changes the dynamic of the fights and gives you much more robust combat. the reason for the limited amount of weapons was the difficulty and attention to detail in each one.

He's still going.

Oh look its the sonygger #2
Yes linear is bad, if you're familiar with this board you would know why.
You're not giving how other then patrols that DeS ai is better

It's really just amazing, keep on arguing bud you're just proving to people that BB while being a good game is massively hyped by sony fanboys.

Could you be more obvious?

what's so bad about linear design? Some of the best games are linear. In fact, few games that are non-linear are particularly good. The most extreme examples are usually absolutely terrible. I would be interested in hearing about your passion for no man's sky however.

yes, because this board is a huge fan of open world games.

my main point is that BB is a game with better combat. if you think build variety is the most important thing, go play warframe.

The mechanics of the combat is what makes combat better, your dude jumping around faster doesn't.
They removed 60% of the mechanics involved so its objectively worse.
Facts

He better keep working for those (you)s, I just got here and it would suck if he left

but what do you have against linear games? Are you not fond of max payne? Do you prefer watch dogs? I take it you don't like dark messiah either. Do you play oblivion instead?

Check again he's now at (51)

Does this sound like rocket science to you?
One of the better aspects of DaS AND DeS was the freedom to go to areas when you want.
You could go to an area, or choose to go to another, you could get a key at the start of the game and go to even more areas.

They even made this part of the game, to become a darkwraith you have to go fight the 4 kings before setting down the Lord Vessel making the game even more difficult without the teleporting meaning going through the ghost boogalo unless you find a firepit.

so you're telling me they made a different type of game that focused on a single aspect and built the game around it instead with bloodborne? man I had no idea thank you for the revelation. So have you played bloodborne at all?

What are you, some kind of loser?

its not just faster nigger. watch the video. your options in combos are vastly increased. DaS didnt even have the combat/combo variety of Nier, while darksouls using a single weapon surpasses it.

do you know what "removed" means?

Dark souls variety comes from the builds and the builds alone. BB comes from the amount of options you have when engaging an enemy, and the variety of enemies that force you to engage them differently.

fug, meant to say

So wait if I can't compare BB to DaS then you can't compare DaS to BB, then why is it okay that you've been doing it for your entire post history.

Its like your imploding.
Yeah they removed it as its no longer present, weight? No don't worry just throw on the best armor, that looks the best, the game is about fashion not actually about RPG elements don't you know that's what makes a better rpg?

Mental checkmate.

there is no "best" armor, faggot. each has its own use but non are better than any others. depends on the situation. weight does matter, just not as much because its all just clothes. no actual "armor"

and when you say "no longer present" in what stage of development did they include this magic 60% missing content? any proof?
you literally dont know what the word "removed" means

sure, you can compare them. Bloodborne is largely more polished, has more satisfying combat and created a smarter back stab system, it takes a different approach to its design and benefits in many ways at the sacrifice of some of the other traits dark souls had. In a sense, sacrificing the open design gave the game more focus, a better sense of progression - one of the common complaints about dark souls is new players getting lost and dropping the game because they kept going through the graveyard/catacombs despite what the games design signals to the player that the intended path of progression is up the stairs. Every game From soft made following dark souls attempted to remedy issues like that.

So have you played it at all? You keep leaving out answers to really easy questions. I'd actually expect them to be answered first because they're so simple and require such little effort.

Except several are armor, including the Cainhurst set.
But keep on denying the current reality.

Yet you struggle why you and your (51) friend are being ridiculed and mocked.

now, you alleged I had difficulty I understood English earlier because you fucked your post formatting up (how new do you have to be to do that?), but after your tantrum earlier in the thread I was actually convinced I was talking to someone who was mentally unstable.

I just think you're retarded now

Cause I'm fucking broke 95% of the time. I was gonna try and hit the PS4 sales for Cyber Monday or Boxing Week, but the only models they put on offer was the PS4 Slim. I don't want the Slim, I want the fucking pro. Why would I want to play games at 30 fps?

Maybe they'll discount the PS4 Pro this year, maybe they won't, but I'm not going to pay $500 for a closed-platform computer with ancient computer hardware. I just updated my computer last year, replaced every component in my ancient system (and ended up throwing the old parts away because they were borked). Even ended up replacing parts from my new computer, so it's not like I'm always broke because I'm on crack or some shit.

cainhurst is cloth and thin plates. it also is heavier than most other. your argument is shit. its good for defense from bloodtinge attacks. but balances with the other armors. not "better"
keep moving those goalposts as you get your arguments picked apart tho. i have to leave soon so you can have the last word. ok champ?

BB never featured any of those things, but they removed it.
i removed a cancerous tumor from my back, but i never actually had a cancerous tumor… i mean, i removed it though, because its not there now.

post proof that bloodborne had any of those given game mechanics in early stages of development or admit you were wrong youre not going to, because youre autistic and cant lose face on an anonymous chinese cartoon image board

Does the pro even improve fps?

the pro has had mixed results because of some sloppy dev support. I imagine in the future it'll be cleaned up but you can get the base console for pretty cheap. Most games run at the same framerate on both variations of the hardware. If I didn't have one already, I'd probably just scope out one for $200 or so.

in theory it could, but I don't think developers want to introduce that sort of variation in experience and would rather just target different levels of image quality.

nah, its shit.
mixed results. some games FPS/graphics improve, some drop, some stay the same.

So apparently above is perfectly legible.

But apparently if I do this
TEST

The words above become an amalgamation of eldritch runes that even the most intelligent and wise of sages cannot decipher?

Wew.
Maybe I'm retarded 10x better then being a goon.

Weight isn't in the game so how does that change anything?

How is my argument shit when you say things that made DaS better that you cannot rebuke don't count but everything you like about BB that you think makes it better then DaS does?

Like holy shit nigger I think you and your buttbuddy have a mental deficiency that accompanies prolonged use of neofag

Thats what I got from their marketing, it was all talk about resolution and not a single word about performance.

That's hilariously bad but I didnt expect any less from current console gen.

soon your post count will match mine, you can still make it to my level son, just keep being retarded. I am actually really curious how you can defend lost izalith and the demon ruins. Absolute shit design, and that is pretty unanimously agreed upon.

think about it like this, it would be pretty bad if one system can push 40fps while the other can push 60, players would be getting a severely different experience there. It's pretty much all image quality. Resolution, down sampling, AA, shit like that.

it is, its just slight. it changes how fast you roll/hop.

the only thing DaS had better was build variety. BB has better combat.

i have to leave.
youtube.com/watch?v=XEF0phuNKSw

this is a video demonstrating that there is a weight stat. and this is an old video, its been there from the start.

Already did, how is it shit, all I got was a vague "enemies in flat area" and that you were fighting enemies that were bosses before which many many many RPG classics have done.

Oh wait of course you remember that, because your argument was, it was okay for DeS to do it but bad that DaS did it.

Also no one cares about your post number when you are shitting one something.

Good leave, thanks for your help convincing others that BB is overrated, you were the best argument I could ever hope for.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen in a long time. It really does only take a handful of autists to make a bad thread worse.

man you are a special kind of retard. To reiterate, DeS did it right, and much more sparingly. DaS shat the bed and fucked it up. How is it good? It shouldn't be hard to explain. I explained to you how DeS does it right before, you should be able to explain to me how DaS does it right. A vague connection to something which "classic RPGs have done" isn't a real point. That just describes it as a sort of allusion, a trait, cliche, etc. It doesn't describe the quality of the execution, the way the design is presented and how players are meant to engage with it in intelligent and interesting ways.

You've done nothing but evade, and it's stunning how in the face of video evidence by you think this is an actual point in your favor when all he's done is make you look like an absolute idiot.

Go ahead, explain how it does it right, don't get distracted now.

Really I'm having a pretty good time.
DeS did it right because DeS is DeS and on the PS3 so its better by its nature.
Got it.
It's not good, or sorry it was good then it went to PC then it was ruined from being on PC.

Did several times, but I've know learned that you're right things are better when Sony does it.

I'm not watching a video to then argue with a third opinion.
Express what makes BB combat better other then its FASTER, you're like a liberal in college pointing to the book their professor wrote.

SEE MY PROFESSOR SAID IT SO ITS TRUE

I was grouping you with the two people you're arguing with.

you can't even back up your own opinions, pretty pathetic, good to see you jump to platform cuckoldry the moment you're put on the spot too :^)

At least its not a smile.

Notice how angry Sonyggers get lmfao

What the fuck

Does it not bother you at all that No Meme Sky is #12?

I got one for for Christmas. My parents were insisting on getting me something expensive this year. I tried to talk them out of spending so much money on me, but since they wouldn't stop I decided to let them get me a PS4.

Honestly, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is Ys 8, mainly because I got hooked on the series from the games on Steam. I've played Uncharted 4 and a bunch of free demos, but almost all of them have noticeable framerate problems. Aside from that, I'm just not interested in any of the games. So far I've spent more time playing the Dragon Quest Builders demo than anything, which hardly shows off the power of the PS4. Plus, it's essentially just Minecraft.

Play Bloodborne and be happy that you played the best From Soft game to date.

Yakuza 6 is shit, which is a shame

It scares me that the best selling game that released in 2016 was a Warhammer game
Makes me fearful for 40k

Yakuza 6 and the Last Guardian are shit embarrassments on good series

Any video proof of that you'd like to share?

Because it cost extra for barely any performance increase (decrease, in some cases) - and was only being sold on "not really"-4k and slightly less vomit inducing VR. Neither of which I give much of a fuck about. I've got a PC for performance and multiplats. I just wanted some weebshit games that are still hardware DRM locked, so the slim model works just fine for that.

Full native from-disk PS1/PS2/PS3 backwards compatibility. Full ISO/Eboot compatibility would be nice too, but there's no way the Jew is going to cut off his own nose like that. Still, let it play PSP and Vita games as download titles, so that when it gets cracked - you can run those from an SDcard HDD natively.