So why are the still continuing with the Dark Universe?

So why are the still continuing with the Dark Universe?

First it was The Wolfman reboot, that flopped so they started the shared universe with Dracula Untold. Then Dracula Untold was a flop so they decided to restart yet it again. Also before either of this they had Van Helsing which was basically a cinematic universe in one film that predated even Marvels one, again it was a flop.

Now The Mummy came out and it's a flop (Fraser's first Mummy movie earned more than Tom Cruise's has still) but they're not restarting it? They're moving straight onto a follow up, Bride of Frankenstein, which makes no sense. Why make a spinoff to a character that hasn't even gotten his own film yet? They have Chavier Borwhatshisface signed on to play Frankenstein but now they want to cast Gal Gadot to play Bride of Frankenstein and release her movie before his.

What's the cause of this retardation? I don't attribute much to Hollywood in the intelligence area but still. At least with DC's shitty attempt they're making hundreds of millions of dollarydoos off of those failures. Why is Universal the most retarded when making a cinematic universe? I mean I can understand they want a female in their initial lineup for marketing purposes by why not start off with a film that isn't a spinoff to a film you're going to make at a later date? It's too stupid.

The Wolfman was cool

I thought it was thoroughly okay. Nothing amazing, but nothing horrendous. I really appreciate that they made a costume based on the original instead of doing a purely cgi werewolf instead or something. But it didn't even make its budget back, so it was a flop regardless.

I thought this project got cancelled after the new Mummy flopped.

It's cool how the werewolf smoothly transitions from running on all fours to running on two legs

Dracula Untold was pretty Kino

Pottery

So did I, but the only thing that seems to have changed in they've gone from wanting Angelina Jolie to wanting Gal Gadot for the role instead. The director did the Beauty and the Beast remake recently and one of the Twilight films before that, those are the big budget hollywood movies on his resume so it reeks of flop too, especially when you take into consideration the studio will likely be breathing their asses down his neck after the Mummy was panned.

They were responsible for his wife death and wanted to kill him.

Ottoman/Jewish scum spotted and reported

Slavic degenerate spotted and reported

There is your answer.

That's not an answer to the questions I asked.

She is more SJW than anyone, and already looks like a fucking corpse. She'd be perfect for this role

And what if this is about rights and money laundry?

They'd be making cheap movies. Besides they never owned the rights to Frankenstein, only the look of Frankenstein. Frankenstein is public domain.

If they're doing that then they'd do it less conspicuously as possible, ie over a dozen ho-hum movies rather than one large, noticeable one.

Was the new Mummy actually bad? I thought it looked like it could have been a fun popcorn flick.

"Popcorn flick" is just slang for bad movie.

It was pretty bad at parts, but still an ok one watch flick
the major problem is that the mummy was pretty fuckable and you wanted Cruise to hook up with her and let the annoying whore he's constantly saving die

Was the Wolfman supposed to be in the same universe? I know Dracula Untold was but Wolfman seemed stand alone.

Fixed.

I was touching my dick in the cinema tbqh

Yeah, I never thought it looked as bad as my friends who watched the trailer.
it was the same with the game, except you wanted to do it yourself.

Turkish villager before his execution by Bulgarian soldiers during the Balkan Wars
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

No, it was a good movie. Not one of Tom Cruise's best but it was watchable and entertaining.

I think it was way too scary to bring in a bigger audience though. I mean it was pretty creepy at times while the former Mummy-movies were more in the adventure-theme.

Go shitpost elsewhere.

Just finishing it now. It really isn't anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be. It's just a fun little action flick with horror as a backdrop. I don't know how I feel about the Cinematic Universe they were trying to build being killed. I guess I'm sad because it seemed like they were really trying to make it work, but on the other hand, this version of the Mummy was already pretty schlock-ey at times so I can't imagine that would get better if they started to make it a yearly thing like Marvel. Still, a big horror universe would have been neat in a time with better directors and writers.

But it is. They need vehicles to push their agenda, and that's a vehicle that is popular: horror.

also, I really liked how they took that "dead friend" gimmick from "An American Werewolf in London".

Thank God. The attempt was a fucking disaster that was killed in infancy. They were planning a Castlevania movie and they were going to ditch the whip except during ine sequence where Belmont would use a chain weapon.

So likely if (((they))) resurrect the movie the fucking whip won’t be in it.

There was a whip in the Netflix show. Not much else that has anything to do with Castlevania though. If you want a Berserk fanfilm, it's not so bad.

This tbh, love me some egyption taint

God, she's beautiful.

a) horror is not popular
b) cruise's mummy is not horror
No it's not. My question is why are they bothering to continue. Not why are they making horror movies.