Any other Games that were as infamous as Limbo of the Lost for stealing things?

Any other Games that were as infamous as Limbo of the Lost for stealing things?

I just love learning more about this game. It has been in development for years, but got delayed again and again, coupled with stealing from so many games and that so obviously.

Other urls found in this thread:

mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Sawtooth
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_music
youtu.be/T5OmzUEm504?t=51s
youtu.be/Rt6kTZKF-G0?t=30s
youtu.be/A1C1NiGWccA?t=1m44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doom actually stole a lot of its music from metal bands at the time, like straight-up ripped off.
I'll show you an example.

metal gear games in general steal music, like winder road

Borderlands/Cuckbox stole its entire art style.

More like heavily inspired tbh. Unless they take actual files from the game I wouldn't consider it stealing.

Ass is universal.
Ass is justice.

John Carpenter seems to be upset that the Metal Gear franchise even exists. Then again he's a salty faggot. In an interview with Robert Rodriguez he seemed to be extremely upset talking about Metal Gear and Snake and the like.

They were actually working with the other company on some level and ceased communicating at some point from what I recall.

Well then it's a grey area I guess.

Chinks usually make games which are blatant ripoffs of MMOs. There's also a Team Fortress ripoff called Final Combat or something like that.

Wew

Gameloft are the king of chinese knockoffs despite not even being Chinese.

Get the fuck off my Holla Forums.

Wow this shit is so objectifying I can't even right now.

Not really stealing if you turn it into a midi (is that what it is?), but yes, they're pretty much those songs.

Leave.
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

People seem to think the Final Fantasy song "Prelude" was inspired by Bach's "Prelude", but in reality they just stole the first 11 seconds from Pete Townshend's song "Let My Love Open The Door" and called it a day.

vid is pretty funny how they shove it in kojimas face

My friend and yours Phil Fish stole ideas, code and assets to make Fez, but the latter two weren't from other games.

Perhaps not stealing, but it certainly is lazy

almost all the icons from Civ V seem to be traced

Thank you user that was amazing.

Didn't another game War Z do the same shit?

more

uhm how else are you supposed to draw real life inventions if not tracing ?

This David Prassel is a very persistent (but also stupid) entrepeneur.
It's evident that he doesn't know about videogames, to him they were just another schema that can be monetized.

There is a difference between tracing and using an image as a reference. Also most of these are just general stuff, not a specific invention.

You can't steal a fucking art style user.

Not exactly what OP was asking, but I'm pretty sure www.wagnaria has Katawa Shoujo music in it.

Caged Heart 07:26

Didn't Warframe steal a bunch of textures from Bioshock?

I have Orion in my library and I have no idea why, I got it 4 free from something but I don't know what.

There was an upcoming "Not Overwatch" as well as a "300 hundred Heroes" MOBA with characters such as Not-Saber and Not-Shrek

That was great Tali fags were devastated.

Oh man, ME3's shitstorm was something.

forgot vid

The edits that followed made that shitshow completely worth it.

why would you kill a mans waifu?

its a fine proof how hiring someone based on political views instead of an actual talent is harmful for your vidya

Because waifus are cancerous

I would honestly like to know what was going on in biowares offices when this shitstorm took place.

Is this from a website or something?

fair point

yeah I would like to know as well.
indifference?
no art direction, shitty lazy artist?
rushing of the project by suits?

damn

The second one was some sort of TWD and ME crossover ad for some reason, I believe. It's just shitty advertising, not plagiarism.

another traced one

Kek.

Calendar man?

If I had to guess.. They signed on for a hard release date and fell behind schedule. They had to half-ass and placeholder'd so many things that the end of the game was literally just "give the players a choice, but just play the first ending we made with a different color filter on it"

Telltale sign that they got in over their heads and couldn't finish most of the game that they had planned because Bioware is a company that was thrown into the Triple Ayyy scene despite their overall lack of talent and their penchant for making clunky, sluggish RPGs that make up for their bad gameplay with lots of character options and player choice.

impossible that this is coincidence. And the truth makes it all the more hilarious

is that what is being implied here?

because kylo ren's entire aesthetic looks like a shitty cosplay of a specific webcomic character…

mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Sawtooth

ren is a shitty cosplay of revan actually

Isnt they a sticky thread on Holla Forums with this exact same image?

copying/plagiarize is not stealing. stealing is taking someone else's as your own.

Slaughtering Grounds have replaced several pieces of art because of copyright reasons

So the fags in the OP pic didn't steal?

Someone else's design.

Your piratefag arguments don't apply here, so stop spilling your verbal spaghetti.

The guy who did the music for Doom, Robert Prince, is a laywer. He knew exactly how much he could change pre-existing music so he wouldn't get sued.
Also there's this, that lists the songs that sound suspiciously similar.
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_music

they copied locations down to the books and shit on the shelves
can artstyle even be stolen?

that's not "artstyle" that's taking the object meshes and textures and pasting them into your project

but the asses are different, are you blind?

I don't know if the half-assed game of some korean spergs counts.

Gearbox are notorious thieves, not just assets but even stealing money from Sega.

Unsurprising considering they stole everything else in the movie from the original trilogy or the expanded universe. God it was such a piece of shit. Fuck Lucas for selling it.

yes there is, which made me remind of it

What the fuck is Limbo of the Lost and why do you expect me to know what it is?

Lies and you know it.

youre the one shit posting

wowie what a wonderfull man Carpenter is allowing other people to use the highly original name of "snake" for a badass anti hero character.

Next you'll be telling me this saint of a man allowed someone to use the concept of "shooting at things" in their own work.

It was the entire concept for Borderlands itself that was stolen.

Fairly impressive.

What I disliked from Civ 5 icons is that they had too much colors and shapes. In Civ 4 you could easily catch what it was about by checking the general shape of the icon. It's not supposed to be art, just a quick symbol.

ok…

More music: Ridley's Theme from Super Metroid (here's the Other M version which isn't appropiate for a boss fight but works wonders as an escape theme) clearly received some inspiration from Dream Theater.

Dream Theater - Ytse Jam
youtu.be/T5OmzUEm504?t=51s

Dream Theater - Panic Attack
youtu.be/Rt6kTZKF-G0?t=30s

Metroid - Tourian

Mussorgsky - Gnomus
youtu.be/A1C1NiGWccA?t=1m44s

You know as well as I do the similarities extend far beyond just a name.

boba fett's helmet, i think