Can we all agree that Shadow Tactics is GOTY 2016?

Can we all agree that Shadow Tactics is GOTY 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10495
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah it's pretty good.
Mugen is a fucking weeb

Fucking hell OP, couldn't you just make a non-templateshit thread? And yeah, the games pretty comfy if much more streamlined then Sherwood or Desperadoes.

No?

It's a glorified puzzle game, same as SOTC or fucking Hotline Miami.
Once you figure how to beat this one specific situation/level/boss you can do it pretty much perfectly without much effort and go to the next one.
It's not like it's bad, but these are very basic games, why do they get so much praise from both mainstream media and Holla Forums?

Probably because people are so used to games failing on nearly every level now that seeing even a basic game pulled off well is impressive. I haven't played them so I can't say for sure but it might also be that it's fun.

theres a bit of input and RNG involved rather than using your head

Friendly reminder not to feed any stray cuckchanners see, the (You)'s only encourage them

Where's I'm baiting?

I've beat HM two times and some missions several times. Enemies indeed can react to shit slightly different, but their placement and movement routes are pretty much the same, if not exactly the same.

yeah most enemies are in the same exact spot but sometimes you get some bullshit enemies where they wander in a random direction in a room or don't react to sound and only rely on sight. melee weapons have different windup/active/recovery frames, ranged weapons obviously have spread, throwing knives either knock someone or kill them depending on which end hit the enemie and other bullshit variables

Why are there so few cool Samurai and Ninja games now? There used to be tons. Are they just never brought overseas to the west?

Nioh is out next month and from what I played of the alpha and the beta it's gonna be fucking great.

I just have one question, how much similar is it to commandos? Cause it sort of looks like weeb commandos and I fucking loved commandos.

from what I hear it's more in line with Desperados where the character roster is rather small, but there's a large emphasis on verticality in levels on top of it having one of the best user interfaces for Commandos-like games

In addition the RPGCodex did a review for this game, and even they liked it: rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10495

Well seems like it's worth a try.

Sorry fam, haven't played it.
So in the mean time this is still my GOTY.

Isnt that the same with every game?

10/10

nice

Here's some screenshots from my first few minutes if any of you are curious what it looks like. I agree with , very comfy, looks gorgeous (to me anyway) and pretty streamlined UI. They even have a time since last qsave timer lmao.

Overall seems very polished. Obviously not having played much yet I can't speak for bugs and such, but seems like they've finished the hell out of this before shipping. Nice contrast to early access steam greenlight indie game 27123568 complete with $19.99 day one dlc and paid mods shilled by livestreamer cancer.

Well that's a fresh new criticism of the genre that hasn't been around for two decades now. Yes, the replay value is limited (although this has a higher artifical difficulty).

The genre is pretty fun if done so as to create a smooth experience, which this one definitely has. They're not "very basic", I'd say they're moderately complex. However the market is saturated with casualshit so you take what you can get.

Btw game journos usually hate these games because they're not casual enough. They also don't produce much zany antics for memes/lpfaggotry (being games that are actually more fun to play yourself than watch passively) or fodder for writing about muh artistic experience that RPS and co adore.

Yeah, it's basically a Desperados sequel. Wasn't the Robin Hood game made by them as well?

Forgot to add, while I love that the genre is still alive and kicking, I think the next big innovation is realistic AI. This whole thing with:

If we approach the game mechanics as deliberate abstractions, it's kind of okay, but I think a game like this could be pretty amazing if someone tried to do a more sophisticated mental model of the enemies. It would make it unpredictable too, especially if you randomize the grunts' personalities and add random things like "needed to go pee" that aren't on a strict schedule.

what a meme

shouldn't they have terrible vertical peripheral vision in that case?

if you look in japan they build huge buildings everywhere in tight spaces, also you'll need to look up in case someone jumps off a building

Into the trash.