Wasting money on stupid shit

Any of you ever wasted money on games that really didn't deserve it?

I remembered playing Neverwinter Online a few years ago and re-downloaded it a few days ago.
The start is kinda fun, and I thought about spending a few bucks, see what that gives me.
With 20$, I got one month of VIP, some character slots and a few keys to open boxes.
The boxes, mind you, were the main reason I put some green on this game. I was curious as to what I'd get off of those.
VIP gives you some minor forgetable benefits with the biggest one being a free key per day. Problem is, you find an average of 8-12 boxes on normal play time.
So what do the keys do? A very, very low chance of cosmetic shit (like 1% or 2%) And tons of shit for the "refining" autism that is stacking gems on gems and then getting gouged because you gotta pay for some premium items otherwise the damn thing breaks in high-levels.
I opened 10 boxes. That's all I found in them. The rest of the over-priced shop should have clued me in on what I was going for, but no.
The character slots are kinda useless too. I don't think I could make another character after witnessing the "end-game" content. Read: farm enchants and threadmill gear. The gear isn't that hard to come buy. It's the ridiculous enchant farm that will get you. Besides paying for those items to avoid shit breaking, good luck doing it with the default tiny inventory space. You'll either pay for more bags and bank space or be royally fucked.

I really, really wanted to like this game. The Foundry where players make their own quests is something I've never seen in an MMO. It has a lot of bad shit designed by 15 year olds or people that only care about the farm. But it also features quests miles above the base game. It seriously puts everything else in the game to shame.

I'd definetely pay for a standalone of just the Foundry and nothing else. But those are 20 bucks I'm not getting back now.
I never tried a Perfect World game, nor a Cryptic game before. Now I know where their fame stems from.

What about you anons? Made any mistake like this lately?

Also forgot, keys DO give you "trade bars" that you can fork over for other cosmetic shit and what not.
What I didn't found out until it was too late is that boxes only give 5 bars a pop. Cosmetics range from 800 to 1000 bars, with some reaching 2000.
Each key costs about 1$. That's 40$ for one of the lowly cosmetics. The top one's would cost me 400$.

I don't think I've ever seen a cashop this eye-gouging. It feels like I'm being robbed blind.

tl;dr

Not surprised, niggers don't read at all.

OP went full retard and gave shekels to an MMO game to open boxes and surprise surprise he got shit

Warframe.

Really to this day don't understand why I shelled out £40 for cosmetic shit, I did have fun with the game while I played it (Although I only have Holla Forums to thank for that) but it didn't deserve that much money.

CS:GO or TF2. It was a addicting trading and selling items and I'm guilty of buying two keys. That being said I regret it in the end because of much it fucked up Valve.

They had me up until the second dream update, but I never bought full price plat, think I only gave them around 30-40 dollars, and I honestly didn't regret it until
FUCKING SPACE BABIES
I also bought Borderlands 2 on sale once, and I tried to play through it but the gameplay and guns were so un-fun I couldn't bring myself to finish it before the need to uninstall overrode the need to finish a playthrough.

It's the second cashop I tried.
The first was Warframe. I put 50$ total in that game. That got me a bunch of shit, some cosmetic, some not. I felt like I got my money's worth in that game. Figured I'd start with 20$ here (since the 10$ option wasn't enough for anything) and do the math with the rewards the boxes gave me. Wasn't worth it.

I've had fun for a few months with it so far. Nearly finishing the entire map and I have 8 frames (one being Ash Prime). For 50$ bucks, a few fun months was good enough I guess.
Last time I dropped this much cash on a game and had legit fun with it was buying Medieval 2 Total War on launch day. Pretty hyped for that game back then and it didn't disapoint me.

TF2 got 5$ from me. Just tp expand the backpack so I could own every weapon and actually try all combinations.
Honestly? That's the only price I'd say is fair for it. As fun as it might be, it doesn't deserve it for the terrible comunity it spawned.
When I join a server, get to the top of the table and stay there for 2 hours (with double or triple the points of the guy in second place who has been there for the same time) I don't feel challenged enough to justify spending more.
5$ for fucking around with scout/spy is more than enough.

God, I hope noone ever did that. Maybe out of desperation, but holy shit 180$ for the biggest pack.
I got it -75% and just for the mods it dropped.
Well… it's not the most stupid shit I've seen in sci-fi settings. Still pretty stupid since it created a whole host of plotholes and problems. I kinda dig them, but I wish they didn't do it the way they did.
The points you grind for those still have the "Beta" disclaimer too. I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're doing now.
Still, the outfit for the space babie was 200 plat or so, at least I can walk fashionably and close the damn hood. After also closing their damn mouths in the options menu, they sorta turn into space-ghosts which is much more fitting.

All the money I've spent on games was wasted.

I'd feel bad about all the money I've been spending on Vita games recently, but jesus christ this shit is a collector's goldmine! That copy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth I bought last year is already worth $100 for the Asian English release!

It's instant uninstall for me. There is a whole number of games where I didn't get my first character to level 10, or even 5 because I run into this blatant jewing bullshit.
And a bunch of other noname korean grinders.

Contrasting those that already ruined video games. Holla Forums not constantly shitting Bioshock 1 is proof that video games are irreversibly shit now.

Yeah, i bought a 360 back when the PS3 was getting more exclusives and instantly regretted it.

I bought Farcry 2 on day 1 and didnt even play it until I got a newer PC the year after.
I realiced how bad it was and got a huge sadness realising how stupid I was

I played WoW untill the end of cataclysm, I quit during WOTLK but some real life friends wanted a main tank for their raids so they bought me cataclysm and a faction/server change. I did have some good comfy times though but we were all burned out some time during that last shit raid they released dragons soul(?).

Dragon soul was alright. Heroic Hagara and Gunship were fun imo. Spine and that one dragon, Ultraxion?, were gay DPS races.

Limbo and Dear Esther

I will never live down the shame

I paid $60 for Max Payne 3 at launch after the (((gaming journalists))) assured me it was up to snuff with the previous quality of the franchise. It was one of the many steps that led to my awakening of their lies.
bonus story: Paid $30 for Hitman: Absolution at launch. There was no indication of how fucked the detection system was in any media I saw before launch.

Space Vagineers. It's too bad there are no vaginas in sight.

Pretty much any nintendo game made past 2012.

You seem to fundamentally misunderstand how a business works. The people who make the games do not see a single penny of the money you spend on the games. They are paid a fixed wage for working, even if their game became a huge hit and made their boss hundreds of millions, they may at best see a paltry little bonus of a few thousand, and even that would be unlikely. The people making the games will get paid regardless, when you buy games all of the money goes to suits and shareholders who don't contribute anything meaningful to society. Games aren't like physical goods in which the business owner needs to keep the employees to keep making cash. Hell I remember reading that the Kerbal Space Program devs were abusive as hell to their workers, they'd make them work huge 16 hour days and shit, then as soon as their work was done they'd fire most of them.

There is no justification for buying any game made by larger studios, indie ones sure, they commonly lack a top-down system where there's some guy sitting on a pile of cash who doesn't do anything, but otherwise pirate everything, you're hurting no one.

Probably buying the max price pack on Loadout because I thought the game was going to go places at least on a casual level. Turns out people like me were the reason the devs jumped ship so fast to make money off a coonsol port.

I don't BUY PC games, so it's pretty hard to get fucked over by indies or AAA shit for me.
My last purchase was Skyrim in 2012, learned my lesson then.

I pre-ordered Sword of the Stars 2.