Dub

Worst dub in a videogame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz7YN1AQmQ
legendsoflocalization.com/earthbound/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Drakengard 3

I think you meant the best?

Where the fuck I say that RE has the worst dub in a videogame?

By using a picture referencing a line from RE that is usually used as a example of the bad dubbing of the game, you are sorta implying it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz7YN1AQmQ

Imagine if someone made a thread saying "What is your favourite game in the series? Who is your favourite character?" and used a picture of some Final Fantasy game in the opening post. Then people start discussing their favourite Final Fantasy games and characters. Then OP starts sperging and saying "this isn't FF thread, this is Dragon Quest thread, I only used that picture just because.".

Apparently, Stopdontopenthatdoorsimulator was never the bad dub OP. The only bad dub here is you

Just gonna get this out of the way.

You literally beat me to it. I fucking hate you user.

I'd say either Chaos Wars or Arc Rise Fantasia. The former has evidence that the guy in charge of the western publishing just had his family do the voicing and the dub is all around infamously terrible, but there's a slight excuse in that the game included native dual audio anyhow (though that doesn't forgive the actual script botching). The latter has very little excuse to be so bad a dub given it was a 2010 release. As far as I'm aware the budget set aside for voicing was shoestring-tier, and needless to say, the hired voice actors revolted in their own way. That one unfortunately didn't have native dual audio, but fans have since made a patch.

That video leaves such a bad impression as to the quality of Shadow Hearts series dubs. Thankfully, even SH1 doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as that.

Seriously though, how in the FUCK did they translate Nicholi as Nicole? Did no one even look into what the character in question looked like?

Also shit picture because I can't be bothered to turn my other computer on.

Disregard, cocks, etc.

Go back to wherever you came from.

WE GOT TROUBLE
E

G
O
T

T
R
O
U
B
L
E

MAKE IT DOUBLE LIKE MY DUBS

W E G O T T R O U B L E

BUT I LOVE YOU SO WHY XOXOXOXOX

Why japan? Bad dubs goes to pokken.

Worse even than the first couple of English dubs of the animes.

Why don't we make this a thread about how awesome some localizations can be? take the earthbound localization for example, it managed to cram so much detail and carry over so many subtle nuances that even the mother 3 translator was impressed by it. legendsoflocalization.com/earthbound/

Start your own thread you cocksucking subhuman nigger piece of shit what the fuck is wrong with you

Hey man that's mean.

because there isn't really anything to say about this topic that hasn't been said in last week's bad VA thread

dubs

2009 YouTube fan dubs were better than that, holy hell.

Really, that localization is a blight to every series that game crossed over if you ask me, but especially to Shadow Hearts. Shining example of why you don't bring in (apparently) untrained family members that may or may not fit ANY character role to "professionally" voice a game.

Anyhow, if memory serves, O3 Entertainment at least ultimately went bankrupt after Chaos Wars. Wikipedia lists the 2008 recession as the cause, but I've also heard rumor of embezzlement as the reason.

And now, many of those Final Bout actors are being cast in the Asian English dub of Super, seeing as how they're both produced in LA. Lex Lang (Gohan in FB) is Goku in Super.

AYYY DIOS MIOOO

DOCTAH WAHWEE, WU-MEGAMAN. Story goes that they picked random english speakers from the streets of Japan for this dub

Laura Bailey and Matthew Mercer tried their DAMNDEST to do a good job in that game. That game is a perfect example of what you get when you mix decent actors with shit material likely being given shit direction as well.

I tried to play pic related once. I lasted about two minutes before throwing it out.

Just so you know, there is a fan-made undub patch if you ever feel like going back to it.

I've heard Suikoden ain't worth it after 3.

Chaos Wars. I remember because when I bought my PS2, the game store worker hock that game to me under the "Free 10 games" banner and all 10 games are selected by the worker…and all of them are fucking shit (Fucking SPACE CHIMPS! is now in my PS2 collection) which is fucking bullshit seeing that when I bought my PS1 at that shop, they let me choose 10 games of my own. I stopped coming to that shop ever since and bought games from the competitor next door instead.

I don't know if Shenmue counts

Is the dubbing bad because they want it to play like an English dubbed Asian action movie? Or is the dubbing just bad?

Megaman Battle Network 5 DS

Check my good dubs

Also, a reason for that dub is that was suppose to be place holder audio, but they ran out of budget or something. All the voices actually where friends and family members of staffers, I think the "president of the company" family given how small the company actually was.

Was this done on a shoe string budget for Philippines again? Why do Philippines get english dubs, is there a large enough english speaking group?

Danganronpa and Persona 4

Better question; what's the best dub in a videogame?

See

Simultaneously the best and worst.

This game needed a character that showed up every so often where the VA puts like, 150% effort in to it. I like the idea of all these monotone and boring character, and then out of nowhere you get Mr Satan.

Castle Shikigami 2.

They are recasting the same VAs for Shenmue 3! Yay!

agreed, the PS1 writing was dogshit

This shit is 100% the worst and anyone who says otherwise is factually fucking wrong and a faggot. It's not even funny like the other cheesy, but at least hamfisted charm of other bad acting, just fucking infuriating with how bad and unentertaining it is. Those fucking retards from watching literal anything alone shouldn't have been able to make such shit

Remove that fucking trash from the gene pool before it that retardation becomes self aware enough to try to infect the actual English language before getting cremated under memes and genuine hatred. Yes, I'm fucking mad this kind of incomprehensible shit could exist.

Why does anyone expect dubs to get better? They're in a catch-22 situation where people will just write them off as being inherently bad on both principle and quality. Anyone who would actually want to bother with making a good translation for a game will probably demand that a dub not be made, and are probably drowned out by people who want to copy localizations like Dragon Quest's or Nintendo Treehouse's.

Is anyone on Holla Forums planning to work on dubs as voice actors or translators?

True greatness, I can hear no other voice.

I'd do it if I could. I'm gonna have to voice act my own games anyways, at least all the male characters.

Michigan: Report From Hell

I think you're hearing things, as the audio sounds fine in that they're clearly using voiceless tracks. The music is also the original score.

It's being done by Bang Zoom in Los Angeles via funding by Toei. Oddly enough Toonami Asia aired DBZ with the standard Funimation dub.

Yes, it's arguably the largest English speaking area in Asia along with Hong Kong and other Southeast Asain areas. There's dozens possibly even hundreds of English dubs produced exclusively for that market. This includes anime that's already been dubbed in America (such as Yu Yu Hakusho for example) and even anime that's never been dubbed in English elsewhere (like Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam). Most of them are indeed horrible, produced on the cheap and extremely fast using local Filipino and expat English speaking actors. Just search for ANIMAX ASIA DUBS to see how many have been made.

If they don't put the Jap Dialogue on there as an option I will wage a jihad on Yu Suzuki.

This was kinda nice I think.

I hope to be a localizer in a few years.

That doesn't give me hope. The only good localizer is one who can keep his own perspective out of things and focus entirely on accurately representing the original vision of the creator as the creator intended it. Who's to say you won't be the next faggot to put memes in a game?

I am, because I want to do a good job of it. You don't have to believe, and I don't care about your hope.

No, there defiantly a difference in sound quality. Could just be the audio on that clip is just bad, or that granny Goku's high pitch voice shatters all barriers.

It just works.

American and English game dubs here are generally terrible. Always always using the same set of extremely talentless and unmotivated voice actors.

Are there any other kind? As long as the American scene remains thought of as a safety-net for failed "real" actors, then you'll only ever have shit talent.

I see nothing wrong here.:^)

Why? The dubs aren't amazing but neither are they terrible.

Was there ever an undub for Tenchu on ps1?

What are you fucking talking about? It sounds "technically" fine. They're not dubbing over another voice track, they're using isolated audio tracks. You're just probably used to hearing Schemmal as Goku.

Easily nana from akibas trip undead and undressed for the English voice. She easily turned Nana from the best character into the worst with how she sounds.

Pic related western vs nip actors, clearly the dirty gooks want goyim to suffer and they won't get another cent out of me for this fucking tragedy.

I think the English dub of Persona 3 was dangerously cheesy

Drakengard 3.

Castle Shikigami 2. Voice acting that tops even Chaos Wars for sheer I-don't-care, on top of a nonsensical, Google Translate tier engrish script that the actors obviously didn't understand (or even try to).

My favourite scene included an exchange that went something like this:

Character 1: "So wait… you are actually…"
Character 2: *changed voice* "That's right, it was me all along!"

The actor, of course, actually SAID "changed voice!" and then proceeded to deliver the rest of the line in the exact same voice he'd been using previously.

The Metal Gear series had some great talent for the most part, except Peace Walker and V.

Oh, this was an actual game? I thought this was some shitty fan animated series or something. Oh dear.

Placeholder audio
If that excuse is true then i can understand the quality
I do not understand why it was left there, thou

danganronpa 1's dub isn't bad, just mediocre

danganronpa 2'd dub is really good though

a lot of inoffensive shit in this for some reason, but still

THE
LOYF CYCLE

That doesn't sound bad at all. It seems like banter between two people.

Have you heard the announcer in English? I can only imagine how many dicks she sucked to be allowed to voice anything at all.

Does the announcer have a name, or it just some generic nameless voice? Because if they're a named character it might be possible to find out who exactly it is.