AMD Gaming Devolved Now Mandatory?

I'm updating my AMD GPU drivers and the installation won't let me continue unless I check the gaming devolved app. When the fuck did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10752/amd-discontinues-gaming-evolved-app
techspot.com/article/650-history-of-the-gpu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nvidia jew please stop, we don't want to buy your cards. AMD will never stoop to Nvidia's low levels.

More like two jews fighting one another.

Gaming Evolved is discontinued, what the fuck are you talking about?
anandtech.com/show/10752/amd-discontinues-gaming-evolved-app

Falling for the two-vidya-card paradigm.

I don't care about OP's card-war thread, I'm genuinely curious; what cards are worth using?

I'm pretty happy with my Radeon RX460 by Gigabyte. So far plays and emulates near everything I want it to at screen-resolution just peachy, which isn't bad for $100-$120.

Please tell us other cards.

Not Nvidia, I liked Nividia more than AMD because I heard AMD was beefier and not as powerful but then GeForce uninstalled itself telling me to make an account and it turns out Nvidia is now confirmed spyware.

Thanks!

Keeps itself cool, runs quiet and doesn't need any more power than what the PCI-E slot gives it to boot.

Prove it

Meanwhile over here in R9 380 land…

Joking. With a custom fan curve I get 50C under load, and driver updates actually increase perfomance, unlike nVidia who purposely breaks old card support to force you to upgrade

I just got a Sapphire Radeon RX 470 and it's pretty much perfect. Probably my favorite gpu.

AMD is truly the only company left making parts priced as they SHOULD be, in line with the pricing trends going back to the dawn of PCs.

nVidia decided to sell a Tier 2 card at Tier 1 price and people bought the meme.

No kidding, holy shit. Only $170 for my rx 470, I was shocked that I was able to get a gpu that good for that cheap.

OP here. Instead of using the updater from my current driver, I simply downloaded the newest driver fresh and it let me install without gaming evolved.

The only achilles heel of AMD is their drivers are a bit iffy when the hardware is new. When I got my 380 4GB I could only run MGSV at High, but it runs at Ultra now.

I only have under a dozen games made post-2007 on my computer, everything else before. It runs thief perfectly.

Like pottery.

Also, the same idiot that was in the last thread saying there's a 3rd choice still doesn't tell you the other options you have.

The answer is none. There were maybe 15 at the end of the last century, now we're tuck with the big two, who either undercut and bankrupted the others or bought them out.
techspot.com/article/650-history-of-the-gpu/

Every era and every manufacturer has had their share of retarded prices and jewery, or do you not remember the 9800pro DDR2 or the K8 FX CPU?

When console fags started buying PCs and calling themselves muh master race even though they brought their shit taste and tolerance for ass fuckings with them.

Jesus, fuck, it's bots everywhere. In every fucking thread. It's fucking bots. The same fucking posts or just fucking gibberish. Some of them are close enough to sound like foreigners.