3DS CFW + Homebrew General

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software. You might need a second 3ds already running CFW to gain an entrypoint. 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade ← These are your non-hardmod options: waithax, steelhax, and 3ds transfer
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
discord.gg/ccecErB
pastebin.com/x2BX0wTw
archive.is/TQHdm
mega.nz/#!3JpSwb6Z!kz03xb2Jvk3kdMvVn220cA8R4mXou-jpVgYDmJgQDK0
mega.nz/#!KIRymAZZ!NROYy8YCtXBoSDSXB0DLxOfVNmn_xxpmlLf81wY-fKo
github.com/TiniVi/safehax/issues/5
pastebin.com/6mcpALKj
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
amazon.com/dp/B00CIQ01US/
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/
3ds.guide/get-started
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/
3ds.guide/move-emunand.html
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/metroid-prime-federation-force-region-free-3ds-cia/
www35.zippyshare.com/v/BLDYqY1v/file.html
smealum.github.io/3ds/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-snes-vc-injector-for-3ds.453891/
twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/817211542433304576
mega.nz/#!sxFylY6I!j9qJUi4fBiCz9YtZbNPOJMJ8Unaj5U_Y6OtGvHTyx9c
gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/
github.com/Myriachan/sighax
gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-63#post-6989298
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax)
freeshop.pw/
pastebin.com/sUuiK1rg
mega.nz/#!W80AVSwb!FAOhJc8VadAQaqEDZK4pyfOoR3c6nxdKGHr3uDNN8OU
youtube.com/watch?v=ezprzDkHie4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and Gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Our Discord: discord.gg/ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/x2BX0wTw
Last Thread: archive.is/TQHdm

Here is a mirror of freeshop pre-configured

mega.nz/#!3JpSwb6Z!kz03xb2Jvk3kdMvVn220cA8R4mXou-jpVgYDmJgQDK0

Here is an alternative encTitleKeys.bin with Japanese language games

mega.nz/#!KIRymAZZ!NROYy8YCtXBoSDSXB0DLxOfVNmn_xxpmlLf81wY-fKo

This copypasta got real out of date, real fast

what's out of date besides freeshop?

Tried a second time with Safehax from Soundhax. Black screen.

I saw someone in github.com/TiniVi/safehax/issues/5 saying that their friend with an o3DS got through without a cartridge, but so far other people aren't having the same luck.

Looks like I'm going to have to make the FAQ its own separate paste. It's too big for h8chan with anymore questions answered. In the meantime, what are some questions that should be added to it?

Fasthax, safefirmlaunchhax

Any specific preparations for an S.D card before using Safehax beta?

How much space is needed?

A comfortable minimum is 4gb for the whole process. The most space that'll be taken up is from your NAND backups, not from hax files.

And soundhax. Op is a total faggot and was told in the last thread to get his shit together.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I should point out that A9LH without an emuNAND can basically just get copied right onto another SD card if you wanna upgrade it.

why an alternative? is the current one dead?

wat do(a9lh+luma with sysnand on 11.2)

Here's draft of the new pasta, you unbearable faggots.
pastebin.com/6mcpALKj

Will flesh out the FAQ later

Is there any danger running Decrypt9WIP just to test that I can run it?

Well I have an SD card big enough. Just needed to know if I should back it up and format it, or if I had to remove any games. I have 20 gigs free.

So, does this mean I should just wait instead of doing these steps?

These are kinds of library files with different collections of titles. One in the first bundle is from a western collector. Alternative one is from an asian collector.

Nah, by the time it is considered safe, you could have already used 2.1 ctr-transfer.

"when it is deemed safe again" refers to the OTP-less method which has been reported to brick systems, getting the OTP from 2.1.0 is still your safest bet. If you're CTR transferring to 2.1.0 on a N3DS just don't close the system ever and you'll be fine.

Where is my retard-proof guide for doing this shit on 11.2 ;_;

Dammit. Just I guess gotta wait until safehax is fixed because I can't get this black screen.

My excitement has come to a screeching halt.

*can't get past

None yet. Process is Soundhax -> Safehax -> Decrypt9 -> Proceed as normal through A9LH guide though.

So now that Smash Bros. 3DS modding is stupid easy now, when can we expect more model replacements?

Is it safe to just run safehax and start decrypt9 as a test?

So long as I don't select any options that overwrite the SysNAND?

Sm4sh modders are too busy jerkin' it to the Wii U version to pay much mind to the 3DS version even though to my knowledge the code is generally identical.

Sure, there's no harm whatsoever in just booting Decrypt9 to see if it even will.

How likely are expansion related mods for SMM? For example, increased block limits.

I have an sd card that I've been using for my 3DS for a good while now, and it's got some games and other eshop stuff in there. Do I need to save it off the card until after I finish all the steps, or does it not matter as long as I have the space for all the necessary files?

Not very, and expanded SMM versions wouldn't be compatible with vanilla.

Doesn't matter if you've got all the space for necessary files and to create nand backups.

How do I know if it's failed? Just no change?

I'm stuck at beginning attempt.

If I use freeshop for the smash DLC characters, can I use them online? I know it works with local

Haven't used it but probably it'll get stuck somewhere or black-screen if it's failing.

They'll work online.

sweet

Yeah, it got stuck. Worked on the 2nd try.

Sounds normal for Safehax, apparently it's still touchy.

but why tho

TWLoader's still hideously incomplete, only just now reaching the point where it can load DS roms off the SD card at all.

I know, it just seems like a really weird limitation to be able to load freely from flashcarts but have a limit on SDcard files

So while I'm waiting for Safehax to be fixed for Soundhax since I don't think I can install any other homebrew entrypoints…

I've never really looked into 3DS hacking. Freeshop was something that allowed you to download games from Nintendo for free. Apparently it's been shut down? Any alternative?

Wait what? I can load DS ROMs larger than 4mb just fine. They're just terribly slow and there's still the save issue

You can still use freeshop for now. All Nintendo did was shut down the github repository, if you download a CIA (link is posted in the thread already) it will still work and the site with the titlekeys is still up.

Any word on when the save issue will be fixed? I'm asking because I really wanted to try and play Pokemon Blaze Black and its follow-up on actual hardware.

No idea, I'd rather the devs worked on getting read speeds fixed first. Read speeds are fucing horrible, it takes me a good 3 minutes to get to the Super Mario 64 DS title screen, the game runs at native speeds after its done loading, but loading is extremely slow

Hey guys, you know a good place to buy a cheap 64 gb micro sd card for my n3ds? I want it to be at least under 25 bucks. I dont care if it takes a long time to get to me, I cfw'ed my old o3ds and its keeping me occupied atm.

I am genuinely enjoying smt4

most/all cheap online sd cards are fake

I remember getting a 64GB Samsung one from Amazon, and it worked pretty well. It was £35, so roughly $40. Haven't tried it in the 3DS though.

Oh, that's awesome.

I also can't wait to actually play the proper/fan translated version of FE Fates.

This one was 14 USD when I bought it, it's up to ~22 now but I haven't had any problems with it.
amazon.com/dp/B00CIQ01US/

I hope all of you niggers are calling your friends right now and telling them to install CFW. Soundhax can install at the most up-to-date NFirm with zero bullshit regardless of region. Not adding CFW now is inexcusable.

I'm waiting on safehax to be fixed before I tell my friend.

We both buy games digitally, so no carts to use to get around the bug.

I'm a dumbass who upgraded so I could go online in pokemon. I found this gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/
as a possible way to fix this error in judgement. I know this isn't cfw, so is it reliable?

I know I'm an idiot, feel free to laugh at me

Nigga it is in the plailtec guide in the OP.
3ds.guide/get-started
Spoonfeeding: You are safe. Soundhax provides a reliable entrypoint on any 3DS of any region with no requirements of WiiWare or Firmware. My friend just installed CFW when his 3DS was at 11.2 just like you stupid shit.
Now start reading and praise the GBAtemp wizards for saving your ass.

Thank you. I heard some things about fasthax being super unreliable and likely to brick, but I guess that was from an even bigger idiot than myself or old info

Praise be unto the GBAtemp wizards

So how exactly do roms and emulation work with homebrew? Can I just pack a couple of emulators and roms into the SD card and it'll just work? Are there any emulators that work better with homebrew than others?

theres emulators that work with homebrew and installable cias for main menu access.

So, I don't have Health and Safety information on my system. This likely stems from back when I got homebrew access, but then reset the system because it hurts to be as retarded as I am

There's nothing I can do now, is there

It's because you have to "reroute" all read/write activity to the SD card, which is extremely difficult when all DS games are programmed to read/write to their cartridge. It's why an SD-loaded game tries to read whatever cartridge is in the 3DS's slot for save data.

Check eBay, I've gotten legit 64GB microSD's for $20. "usbmart" is a good seller, and a lot currently being sold by "memoryforyou2" is legit.

I guess that makes sense then.

Considering the H&S inject is largely unnecessary nowadays you should be good. I see no reason you couldn't A9LH your system and then use the HBL to install FBI as a cia.

You can inject NES games into 3DS VC and install .cia's to your home menu, but I personally don't think the NES emulator's all that good (i.e. it doesn't have filters or even pixel perfect mode like GBC/GBA/SNES). If you're looking to play those, you're better off with RetroArch.

GBC injects are similar, but holding select enables pixel perfect mode with light 3D effect to simulate it being on an actual GB/C if you're into that. You can also use RetroArch and get more options, but I personally like using the injects.

GBA injects are based off the ambassador VC titles, and they work surprisingly well to various degrees (even having pixel-perfect mode like with GBC games, minus the 3D simulation), but unless you're using a9lh they are a bitch to set up since they require a patched AGB_Firm and being on both sysNAND and emuNAND to even work (merely speaking from experience here). Unfortunately emulating it on shit like RetroArch is painful to work with, so injecting and using a9lh-based CFW will be your best bet.

SNES injects are probably the hardest to inject, since it doesn't even accommodate all of the SNES hardware (games using SA-1 or SuperFX chips, for instance, are off the table). There is actually an easy injection tool for this, but I've tested it on some SMW romhacks and they won't load up for me (seriously, I just wanna get Call of fucking Cthulhu working, is that so hard?!), so use at your own discretion. Like with GBA, emulating without injecting is a pain in the ass, though I hear it works pretty well on o3DS using blargSNES.

Beyond that, I think there's some injecting possible for Genesis games via Sonic 2 3D, and I assume TurboGraFX games are possible, but just to play it safe use either RetroArch or find pre-patched .cia's.

If anybody from the Swapdoodle threads is here, I'd like to let you know that I (Joshua) have switched to another 3DS, so my FC changed. It's now 3926-9459-2632. I should have everybody that friended me ported over to this 3DS, but if not then tell me.

So I can install .cias from hbl? I always thought that was what FBI was for, and the guide in the OP says that I need H&S to inject that

FBI has a 3dsx version, so it can be ran right from hbl.

How do I make themes that don't look like shit?

You think playstation or Neogeo is possible?

Installing FBI via a .cia can make installing .cia files less of a pain in the ass (i.e. you don't have to go from CFW to HBL to FBI to HBL and back again to install vidya).

That was before recent hacks such as A9LH blew the 3DS the fuck open.

Installing CIAs from HBL is not reccomended as it's not stable for large programs. Install FBI's .cia using FBI's .3dsx, then you can use FBI directly from the home menu which is stable.

You must love ZSNES! But yeah I laughed on trying to load Dawn of Sorrow with virtually nothing rendering. It's sweet to see progress still.

Choice of picture is the single best thing you can do. Choose something with a muted colour scheme or just make it dimmer, and ideally choose something that is confined to the sides of the screen and away from where text shows up. The lower screen is usually covered with icons just choose a plain background or pattern for that.

Do FBI as CIA regardless because HBL integrates poorly with modern 3DS hacks.

Oh also, freeShop Fuck Nintendo Edition!

Still baffled they haven't done the same thing to CIAngel, or the key site that makes it possible.

planning to move my rednand to sysnand
Do I make a backup of my sysnand then inject the rednand into the sysnand and format the SD?

You do it like the guide tells you, and only if you've done the A9LH install.

Thanks
didn't know there was a guide on pailect's site

So, it's perfectly safe to follow the guide and CTR Tarnsfer to a New 3DS, right?

Sorry to seem stupid, but I'm very paranoid.

I read the steps closely- so I won't flip the lid, update, or forget my SysNAND backup.

I have to wait a few days anyway to make sure I have the correct wi-fi setup for this.

vita HB seems so much more straight forward.
once vita gets the USB compat in feb I think the community will really take off.

I've heard it's nowhere near as comprehensive as 3DS, and requires a bunch of hacky stuff as well when dealing with later firmware games.

Not so far for me at least.
Compared to the process I've endured with 3DS Vita HB isn't that difficult.
All you have to do is get a vita at or under 3.60 (nearly all new ones come with firmware under 3.60), do a small process to update to 3.60, then go a site in the browser, install henkaku, and then from molecure shell (file manager) setup an FTP connection with your computer to transfer VPK's and games.
The range of vita emulation surpasses 3DS in every way possible.
Want to play any PS1 game?
Go right ahead.
Want to actually install a functioning PSP on your vita?
Go ahead as well.
It's in it's infancy but easily could surpass 3DS in terms of homebrew possibility.

Piracy is wrong. You piracy fags should be banned from Holla Forums permanently.You have to pay some cash into the industry or else it dies.

No, I'm good.

How?

The 3ds has been completely broken open. I don't think it's possible for the vita to surpass 100% exploited

Good

3ds.guide/move-emunand.html

I'm bored as shit, so i'll bite.

If a game's sales are horribly hurt because of piracy, the game wasn't good and/or marketed well enough to begin with.

3DS requires doing a bunch of setup but the result is that you can largely use it without any worries, with good recovery mode, with freeShop to pirate straight from eShop, ability to play DS games, (hopefully without flash card soon!) and some decent homebrew support. Within the last few days they also eliminated a lot of downgrading, sighax could remove that need entirely (until 11.3 comes along and fixes everything…)

Admittedly the 3DS is anemic though, I would like something for Playstation/PSP games and am considering a Vita. So what should I look for if buying in a brick-and-mortar?

Get an actual PSP, preferably not a 1000 or Street.

Not just for PS1/PSP, also for Vita games.

If you buy brick and mortar you'll need to either buy a brand new item or ask to turn the system on to check if it is 3.60 or under. anything higher is useless.
Amazon has them new and shipped fast, I got mine with a case for christmas.
Slim is my preferred system a the owner of 3 (two slim and one fat) vitas. Thick vita is less portable, better screen but you can sometimes see the glue underneath the screen. Also, slim is microusb chargeable while the fat is not.
It's great if you want to have all your favorite old games on the go but is also superb for some of the great vita games.

shit screen, no emulation options.

No, I mean how did he not know phailect page was a guide?

oh, and a small tip, new vitas have not been shipped since 2015 holidays, so odds of finding one new brick and mortar are very slim.
best odds are buying amazon or pre-owned.

Uhh, shit.

Which arm9.bin do I use?

I have a 223.6 Decrypt9WIP.bin that I renamed arm9.bin and the 27.6kb arm9.bin from the Safe A9LH Installer.

The one the guide tells you to use

I'll probably try the local shops first, the ones that happened to have a 9.8 N3DS XL a few months back. Amazon sounds risky just because I won't want to return one that's the wrong firmware.

I'll go slim then, I went N3DS as well in the end the XL systems are too bulky.

Wait, I'm not supposed to use the arm9.bin from the guide before downgrade, am I?

That might be the answer.

Just tried it- takes me to "install or shutdown" instead of taking me to decrypt9. Problem solved I guess.

>Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS

What does it mean by this?

Just, go into the web browser app?

I would agree with you on the risky front but the thing is that the vita hasn't been in production for a while now, and the 3.61 update came out in august, well after the vita was taken out of production.
just don't buy an asian model or japanese, they tend to be newer because they love the system over there.

yes.

Thanks! Do I setup my browser app now to make sure it works, or will that not apply since I'll be doing the CTR transfer?

Will the browser even work or will I need to use CTR pwn?

Alright lads here it is
I preordered the n3ds thinking 'finally, my time to get a 3ds has come, it's not shit anymore, 2 sticks, those snes ABXY colors, FOUR shoulder buttons on a handheld' et cetera.
I got that white preorder n3ds with the moonrunes writing on it and everything
Pic related

Boy was I let down. The C stick is like a laptop clit (which I use mind you, but) which meant it's not very good for shooters, more for flicks and camera pans but not action/twitch precise movements. The c stick and shoulder buttons have barely any games that use them. The library itself has only some good exclusives compared to my beloved ds lite.
I let it collect dust for two years.

Queue Christmas and out of boredom I thought fuck it i'll hack it. Now the 3ds games I still find meh but some are alright, and I guess I'm waitin for better games to hopefully come out, and more homebrew, but DAMN am I having fun playing virtual console games, whether replaying favourites or playing never before played ones.

So what is my quarrel, you ask?
The n3ds is fucking tiny, cramps up my hand if I play more than 2 hours, and the D-pad is uncomfortable as I gotta hold my left hand further down to hold it comfortably which means I cramp up even sooner. It's fucking tiny.

I'm looking to sell it and buy an XL (more like buy an XL first then sell it if all goes well). I'd lose money but I'm willing to pay. Also virtual console games especially gba and gb/gbc games (and ds lite games) are fucking TINY on this shit.
I did the math:

(Smaller PPI = bigger virtual console screen size)

DS Lite:
3.12in screens
256x192 resolution both screens
PPI = 102 both
Screen gap size ~21mm

Gameboy Color:
2.32in screen
160x144 resolution
PPI = 92

GBA:
2.9in screen
240x160 resolution
PPI = 99

new 3ds:
3.88in top 3.33in bot screens
400x240 top 320x240 bot resolutions
PPI = 120
Screen gap size ~17.5mm

new 3ds xl:
4.88in top 4.18in bot screens
400x240 top 320x240 bot resolutions
PPI = 95.6
Screen gap size ~19mm

The n3ds has a fucking PPI of 120 versus 90 for gb games and 100 for ds games, that's like 3/4 the size of the original screen, it's fucking tiny. Whe n3dsxl has a 95PPI compared to 100 on ds and gba and 90 for gameboy, that's practically the same screen size

tl;dr:
can I unhack and factory reset my n3ds in order to sell it
what's the latest n3ds/n3dsxl system version that is available (in case i buy 2nd hand and it's the latest)
whats the most likely system version an unboxed n3dsxl would have
whats the latest system version thats fully hackable

If it helps I hacked mine with just 1 nand, I dont know the details but it's not as in before where you made some emunand and sysnand, it's one thing that instaboots without holding buttons down into the CFW. I hacked it like 2 weeks ago.

Every now and then I try opening Safehax through Soundhax. Maybe it'll work on a fluke.

I feel like I'm so close, only to be stopped because I don't have a fucking game cart

Is your body ready though?

I'm able to use it, but I'm in a panic, reading the guide over and over to make sure I don't fuck up a single step.

Also, depending on your area, you may be able to rent a 3DS game from a public library for a pittance.

If you have a n3DS at the newest firmware, yes. Just follow the instructions closely, and double check if you feel lost.
One part requires you to have a cartridge in the 3DS or it hangs, so you have to own at least one game. Get some shovelware for cheap if you don't have a cart. If you don't want shovelware get Sonic Generations, it's good and cheap.
I went into it knowing pretty much nothing about 3DS hacking, and an hour later I was downloading vidya from Freeshop.

So it's not a risk at all unless some yobbo sells a used system as new then. OK I'll take my chances, and no I'm not interested in an imported console if they're region-free.

Thanks for all your answers, and apologies by the way for cluttering the 3DS thread.

If it keeps failing it's possible you've set it up wrong. Make sure files are in the right spot, and test your SD card and such.

Sell it as hacked, someone will appreciate it
Latest is currently fine, all that DSiWare nonsense has been obsoleted within the last couple of days.

Hack games probably go "missing" from such places.

Yeah I'm ready. I made sure to read the guide and take it carefully step by step. I'm at the part where I should be opening decrypt9, unmount the SD card, copy the ctrtransfer files over, then remount.

But I can't get into decrypt9 because of the safehax bug that gives me a black screen.

And nah, 3rd world country. The only way I'm getting a cart is if I buy it full price (which is more expensive than buying digital).

It's alright. I'm pretty sure it's set up right, as the issue is documented
github.com/TiniVi/safehax/issues/5

The only way around it for now is to use an actual game cart. Any cart, and stick it in the slot, then start Soundhax and Safehax.

For some reason that stops Safehax from hanging and Decrypt9 starts up.

TiniVi is looking into it so I'm just trying from time to time while waiting for a fix.

why was it so painful to watch

Okay, just went home from my bro's place, where I had no problems following the guide from beginning to end, so thanks to whoever wrote it.

A "little" question though. From a 9.2.0-20E 2DS who already went through RXtools, then through Luma, and with accesses to FBI and Freeshop, what should I do to have a fully hacked 2DS ? Should I clean the SD card, begin from scratch and do it all again (and if yes, how ?), or should I begin from a definite part of the guide ?

Sorry, but explain to me how you're on Luma yet need to go through the guide again.

I got the suggestion to "just install Luma and be done with it" because I was on RXtools.

And I assume you've done that by following the guide? Or did you only read the guide and have yet to do it?

Ah, I guess there was a problem. The advice I need to have is from a different console than the one I pirated by going through the guide successfully.

Ah ok. I don't have any idea how rxTools works - if it's entirely SD-based or touches the actual system at all I have no idea. How do you access rxTools?

That sucks, user. Stay strong.

I'm at 11.0. Should I update or proceed? Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I've only been waiting since Black Friday, so I'm just taking my time and staying cautious.

That should be fine. At the end of the hacking process you update to the latest version anyway, so don't worry about doing that now.

You can do either. If you update first before doing soundhax you will still be able to install CFW. If you don't update first it just means when you are done installing CFW you are going to have to do a "legit" firmware update afterwards (which is what you would do in the first place).

I'll ask for someone more competent to help, then.

Finally trying this now, and every time I try to run soundhax, the system hangs for a couple of seconds, then gives me a popup that the system needs to restart. It then does, but to the regular main menu. Could this be caused by the faulty lock switch on this piece of shit sd card? It seems to work perfectly fine on my ds, just not my computer

Do you have the correct otherapp.bin for your firmware version?

Thank you. I double checked before, but a third one made me realize I made a mistake so stupid that I'm not even going to say what it was.

Polite sage for absolute retardation

I seem to be having an issue setting up the H&S inject. When I try to do the inject in the Hourglass9menu, the only file that comes up to inject with seems to be the default health and safety app.
I vaguelly remember using Gateway in the past, but when I did that fix, I only saw one Health and Safety app, making that fix pointless.

bump because I forgot I had sage on

You sure you copied the contents of the fbi injectables zip to the files9 folder? If you did, did you try pressing up and down to select a different bin, particularly the fbi inject?

The various "FBI_v.2.4.2_[N/O]3ds…" files? Yes. When I get to the part where I select a file to inject, I've confirmed that it's only the backup I created that comes up as an option

I honestly wouldn't know then. Try asking on the Discord channel for help then.

Wait, that wasn't a typo?

I have to copy the full contents including all the out-of-region injections?

I assume that's more of a "just so you know you're in the right ballpark looking for the files" kind of deal.

Hack games aren't necessary, it's just that safehax doesn't work through soundhax unless there's a game cart inserted for some reason.

I know it was in the guide, I just thought the guide included that as an error, but, fine. I copied them all.

Assuming you're using menuhax & emunand, You can leave all the stuff on your SD card. There's a side-section in the guide which tells you how to restore emunand to sysnand. Otherwise you mainly just skip the need to downgrade to 9.2

Finally got everything set up. Thank you again user!

One last stupid question: freeshop downloads are completely indistinguishable from legit eshop ones, right? If I were to, say, get one of the new pokemon games then play it online, I wouldn't get banned?

Correct.

You only need the one for your region, the guide says to copy them all because people are retards and it ensures they have the correct one.

Are CIA files off some random site indistinguishable?

I was thinking of this in particular.

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/metroid-prime-federation-force-region-free-3ds-cia/

Depends on the origin, the leaked Sun/Moon cias had header information that indicated it was a digital copy when the only legit versions should've been physical carts. On the other hand that was largely people being retarded and going online before release.
In any case, Fed Farce is on Freeshop, so you don't have to taint your computer with that crap on top of your DS.

My Micro SD keeps changing to a read only state when I plug it into my laptop. I don't understand why.

I even checked it last night and it's uncorrupted.

Random-ass cias are indistinguishable too.

Leaked cias had digital header info but there were also people getting banned with physical carts sold before street-date, issue there was going online before release like you mentioned.

Then make one you lazy faggot

This is What happens when I use my brother phone and I use his reaction images.

I miss my cute friend

Is it safe to stop after the ticket dump, or do I have to proceed to the downgrade?

Nevermind, I just had to try another file manager.

You can stop at absolutely any point before the actual CTRtransfer.

I just gone white. What does the ticket dump do? Can I redo it? I just- I just fucking deleted them by mistake.

Oh thank the god, I'm fine. I think I'm fine.

I gotta do this another day. I'm just not in the right mindset.

You have no idea how fucked up my head is lately.

My dad died Halloween night, no bullshit. I'm a goddamn mess.

So I've been set up on a 9.2 sysNAND/up to date emuNAND using ReiNAND for the better part of a year. Is it worth it to switch to A9LH and Luma? Seems like now is about the best time to switch if I wanted to but I don't think I do.

Yes it's worth it.

Weird and inconvenient, guess I'll downgrade it to 9.2 for decrypt9.

A9LH is hellishly convenient, but not really necessary if you're OK with your current setup. Process takes a hell of a lot less time than it used to now though so if you've got a spare hour or two I can suggest it, you can inject your emunand to sysnand so you don't lose anything to boot.

Main benefits are only having to keep track of the one NAND, not having to double-install stuff like GBA titles, and just booting straight into all your pirated stuff, along with Nintendo not being able to touch your native_firm and all that. Though the safety doesn't really mean terribly much if you're stupid enough to brick emunand somehow, chances are you'd be able to brick A9LH too, but that's why it can load arm9 payloads before anything else even has a chance to launch.

So the method just includes backing up my sys/emu, downgrading from 9.2 to 2.1, getting the OTP, setting up A9LH, and flashing back to my sys, and then flashing my emu over it, right?

Yes, but I'd understand if you don't want to. 100% boot rate is something you won't really appreciate until you experience it. Add up all those seconds you waste rebooting to try again and decide what your time is worth.

Also what's this bullshit about not being able to close the lid of a N3DS without it bricking? This is only during the short section where you're on 2.1 setting up A9LH right?

Basically yes. The emu becomes irrelevant unless you're particularly attached to it for some reason, all the stuff you had on the emu is transferable to your sys and you're safe to update your sys.

Yeah, it's just for running 2.1.0 on an N3DS. Literally the only thing you should be doing on 2.1.0 is the browser thing to install A9LH, then you reflash the nand because that shit on N3DS is liable to break if you do anything besides turning it off or the browser.

You can skip the re-flashing to sys and go straight to flashing your emu over sys once you've gotten A9LH installed.

As for not being able to close your N3DS on 2.1, that's because the N3DS didn't even exist when 2.1 was a standard firmware, the system freaks the everloving fuck out if it goes to sleep and doesn't know how to handle the reload. Just don't close your N3DS while on 2.1 and you're absolutely fine. You can shut it off and all that, just don't close it or otherwise put it to sleep.

Waiting on that bug to be fixed is excruciating.

Now that there seems to be competent people here, I'll bring attention to again. Just take note that the 2DS isn't the console I managed to pirate successfully.

You have no real reason to switch now but when /if you ever get a new SD card that would be the best time to do so. Though if I were in your position and knew how much better A9LH felt, I'd switch just for the fact I dont have to boot into homebrew, wait for it to boot (Hoping it actually does), then boot into EmuNAND every goddamned time.

So you're wanting a "fully-hacked" 2DS that's already gone through an emunand setup and has access to FBI and Freeshop? You're already there if you ask me, only improvement I can think of is A9LH.

Well, having tasted the delicious direct boot, I do wish to go there and to not look back.

Then you can start straight from the Decrypt9 section of the guide if you've already got all that set up, and install A9LH as normal.

Remember that when you do the ctrtransfer thing you'll be on version 2.1.0. From then to when you restore your nand or update you'll be on version 2.1.0. If you have a N3DS, whatever you do don't close it. Turning it off is fine, as is taking out the battery. Turn wifi on before downgrading, because the N3DS and 2DS don't have wireless switches.

And that's horrible to hear. I wish I could do more than wish you the best, and hope you at least have some good memories to hold on to.

It always stops during the adress search at the launch of safehax, but at different adresses every time. Is it just luck-based or, outside of having a cartridge in, can I do something to enhance my odds ?

Wait, nevermind, just noticed the added note that wasn't there last day with the workaround.

So where do I start? Just run Decrypt9 like I would any other homebrew and start from the 2.1 downgrade step?

Aaaaand it's working. Thanks a lot for the support.

Have a random qt for your troubles.

The guide was updated.

3ds.guide/get-started

Thanks, I did read all that. The wifi, the update brick, and the sleep mode brick.

Kinda wondering though how the web browser even works in 2.1. Since I never had it setup to begin with.

Thanks, user. It's just hitting me hard today- friend said in a text I was taking it well, I tried to explain and ended up falling into a fit.

I have a lot of great memories, but also guilt & regrets, etc. The usual bag. I got to be there when he died, so that's more than most. But I just wish I had more- life just goes by in a blur and suddenly you wish you had more and it's too late.

[spoiler]I had the best dad ever though. I got to know him well. We spent time together everyday. I'll always have that.[spoiler]

I half finished the process of installing firmware on my 3DS about 3 months ago, should I finish it?

Sorry, quoted your post by mistake.

Meant to quote

The 2DS is now sitting through a pile of downloads. Time to coffee, I guess.

Are you on 2.1? Then yes, fucking do it right now. Otherwise you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

I followed the installation guide a while ago, and didn't run into any problems, but I've ran into a problem regarding running physical and digital DS games on the 3DS. The game card shows up fine on the menu, but when I go to boot it I get a black screen with the home menu music playing. I believe the built in DS emulator has crashed while loading. This is strange since it worked when I first cracked my 3DS, now only running into this.
I tested the following games including one digital and and all ran into the same problem
Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I probably should have bought one for infinite downgrades.

It's shit even properly translated, just play it now in moonrunes and at least you won't be hitting your head against the wall for every fucking stupid decision made with the main character and story.

Better yet, just download Mercenaries Saga 2 and 3 off of freeshop and play those. Or buy them even, they're pretty good for $5 budget games.

At this point I'm mostly just playing Fates for waifus.

As long as you dick Belka or give her to Cyrus all is forgiven.

The only reason to play Fates is for Conquest's gameplay. Nearly everything else is shit but holy hell they designed some good content for Fates.

How do I prevent Streetpass and Swapdoodle DLC from unvalidating?

Thank god my Flower Town save-data is still there

So I got to the point where I flashed my emunand. I'm trying to turn the system on now and the blue light comes on for a second before turning off. How fucked am I?

Did you install a patched version of the DS firmware? The latest version of Luma3DS shuts down if its own auto-patching fails. If so, install a clean version: www35.zippyshare.com/v/BLDYqY1v/file.html
Same thing goes for GBA games crashing on boot

Nevermind, used the guide like I was supposed to after panicking like a dumbass. Scared the shit out of me though.

Don't use the eShop, it kills errant DLC.

Oh my mistake! That's really funny, but not that surprising given the fragility of some of these hacks.

so I'm following this guide and get to this step

but when I try to autoCTRNAND Transfer it tells me file not found. I put the bin in file9 folder, so what could I be doing wrong

I'm on 11.1

Back when i cfw'ed my o3ds, i had to get the otherapp payload for 9.2.0 after i downgraded to it.

Will i have to do something similar for my n3ds cfw process? Or is safehax + fasthax safe enough to always work?

Both the bin and the bin.sha are present in files9? If so something's wrong for it to not be picking up that they exist.

Homebrew Launcher is what needs the otherapp and you can easily get it from Smealum's github. smealum.github.io/3ds/

Get the new payload for 11.2.
Every firmware needs a specific payload, and the payload got updated t 2.8 for every firmware, which has 100% bootrate.

Does region matter in freeshop?

..ok I'm just now realizing I named the folder file9 instead of files9

thanks!

Not really, but which region-version of the game you download through Freeshop will dictate its language unless it's marked with several flags as a "global" release.

i wan 2 fug camilla and elise

My problem was that when i downgraded to 9.2.0 on my o3ds, soundhax would not start. But once i got the otherapp to the downgraded version, 9.2.0.20? soundhax started working again.

What i am asking is, can I do that same process for my n3ds or no? In that case how is it different?

HBL/Soundhax will require the same deal, an otherapp payload for the system version you're on and the system version for any non-2.1.0 downgrades you perform. Only difference is flipping "New" on Smealum's github.

Usually not (except for language if you download the JP version of a game). A few games have region locked multiplayer, like Triforce Heroes. If you want to play a game like that with friends you need to make sure you all have the same version.

Can someone direct me to an SNES VC tutorial?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-snes-vc-injector-for-3ds.453891/

There's an automated tool for it nowadays, luckily.

Really? It just doesn't make sense anymore that the SNES selection on 3dsiso is so limited, even considering the limited availibility of SNES VC.

Limited custom-inject selection was probably because injecting your own VC titles is a pain in the ass no matter which system you're doing it for. That'll probably increase due to an automated tool for it being available, but if you can get your hands on the same tool then there's no reason to be on 3DSiso's beck and call now.

Well, either way I'm glad that it's so easy to do this now that I have the chance to play SNES VC. I'll probably share any CIA I make here, too.

Go for it, hell make your own 3DSiso thread if you get a good enough collection going. Lord knows that site could use some threads that aren't choked by fucking Adfly links.

How is the registration process nowadays with 3dsiso?

As someone who just did it, nothing. You don't even need to verify email

someone posted this on irc saying its a fullscreen mod of red for the 3ds. does anyone know where this came from? is this fake?

Practically nonexistant like f599a7 mentions. Hell I'm pretty sure there's a communal 8/v/ account floating around somewhere.

I was already using that account, but I didn't want to direct attention to it. I made an account now and I'd start immediately if I wasn't locked out of MEGA transfers for the next five and a half hours.

That has to be fake; pokemon crashes if it tries to view areas that are out of bounds, and a camera like that would do that all the time.

Unless someone did ALOT of fucking work… so yeah it's probably fake.

A friend of mine forgot to backup his nand and is doing the 9.2 ctrtransfer. When he tries to do it he gets this error. What do?

The download got fucked somehow, re-download it

Oh shit, sorry, I forgot to explain

There is a raw 9.2 image somewhere on the website you can download if your backup gets fucked

I swear to god 95% of all installation problems here and in the Discord server can be solved by paying very close attention to the god damn guide. You are at risk of bricking your 3DS the least you can do is double-check and triple-check your shit before you do something you might regret later

Woah now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Reading the simple guide?

Anyways, I'm going to try and trim the fat of the OP. 3 posts is rather large, a lot of it is worthless information and no one seems to read it because it's so chunky. It would solve a lot of simple questions if we had it more manageable.

If I may be honest one of the very first headers right now should be:

YOU CAN NOW EASILY INSTALL CFW ON THE LATEST OFFICIAL NINTENDO FIRMWARE (11.2) WITH THE ONLY RESTRICTION BEING HAVING ANY 3DS CART, SO IF YOU WERE A LAZY FAGGOT BEFORE AND DIDN'T INSTALL CFW NOW IS THE TIME

Or something along those lines. People don't seem to understand how mind-numbingly easy soundhax has made our lives: I recall a friend waiting for months on a normal 11.0 3ds to finally try smashhax only to find out he couldn't because of firewall bullshit. He got it working in less than an hour with soundhax.

Does the web browser app in 2.1 just work? Just find the icon and click? I'd like to know before I get to that part.

I don't even want to make the attempt without reading the guide several times, I almost lost my tickets though by just hitting delete in the wrong folder.

The web browser is built into the 3DS - it is not an application. You can find it in the top-right corner of the lower screen of the 3DS.
Inb4 SpoonfeedingIf you are on a New 3DS for god's sake don't put your 3DS in sleep mode while you are on 2.1 by closing it or you will get an unrecoverable brick

Yeah, I double checked the location, but what I was also wondering is- it won't give me the UPDATE NOW nag, will it?

Thank you for the spoonfeeding. And yes I have been paying attention- if it's in sleep mode it bricks. If you hit update (somehow people do this) it bricks. And if you do anything other than use the web browser, it will produce an error or it may brick. It's dangerously unstable. I had a nightmare I dropped it and it flipped shut. The disappointing thing is in the dream there was a Dexter's Laboratory game icon.

And the backup step isn't optional.

It won't. At most it will ask you if you prefer to use Google or Yahoo as your preferred search option when you open it up. Lol

You're good to go user. The guide is very thorough when it comes to covering possible problems and common issues.

The true ease has been thanks to safehax for eliminating all the 11.x downgrading bullshit, and also removing the need to downgrade to 9.2. Browser was already a decent entrypoint if you had it.

I have A9LH+CFW on both my O3DS and N3DS, Are there any complications in system-transferring between the two? My O3DS is banned so I was going to look into using my N3DS's information to unban it and then system transfer.

No, SoundHax is pretty much endgame. If they patch it, no one cares as they just had thousands more people install it thanks to the easier guide.
Subs on the reddit page went up by like 3k in the past month. And then there's people who don't use reddit and got CFW.

Google how to unban on a 3DS. I forgot, but you need Decrypt9 to move some files around, no need to system transfer.

If Nintendo rolls out a new update, can I get around installing it to start Nintendo 3DS Sound, then Soundhax and do the downgrade and whatnot?

I highly doubt it. Take advantage of the fact that there is currently a period of saving grace and you are able to use the internet and not worry about locking yourself out of CFW. In previous versions if you were at say 10.7 and updated to 11.2 you were basically screwed and had to wait. It is in fact a miracle that Soundhax works on current firmware. Nintendo is probably attempting to find fix and rush out a patch right now.

If they roll out a new update, they can't force you to update to it. But yes, if you don't update, SoundHax will still work. Not sure if they can/will fix SoundHax or how quickly, though.

One more stupid question.

Is 10kbs speed enough to use the browser hack in 2.1?

My cellphone speed is capped and throttled until tomorrow.

I don't use eShop though. I have it hidden in a folder with all the other system apps I don't use.
It unvalidates randomly.

Now that soundhax has been revealed there's no reason to believe Nintendo won't patch it out in 11.3~ when that comes around, if you have a system without A9LH I suggest you do it now while you still can.

Probably, the 3DS browser isn't known for being terribly fast, so slow speeds are fine.

Installing by CIA or Freeshop?

They won't do a 11.3, they'll go straight to 12 to patch out BootROM and FastHax/SafeHax.

I mostly meant… can I get around the prompt to update and stick with the firmware I currently have?

If not, I'm going to snap my 3DS in half if TiniVi doesn't fix the no-cart bug in safehax before then. Or if something else doesn't come out that fixes it.

I can't acquire a cart without spending a fair amount of money, even if it's a shit game. Retail stores don't sell used games here.

I want to system transfer so I can use my NNID on the N3DS, without banning it, because I heard the information on the O3DS that marks it as banned is carried over with system transfer.

I installed and reinstalled it through Freeshop.

Probably? Unless Nintendo does some fuckery that makes it so you can not even open Nintendo 3DS Sound without the update. In that case, you might want to disable wi-fi if/when a new update comes around.

Just don't turn it on. The promt doesn't go away. Just continue to ignore it as best you can until you're ready.

You can use CTRpwn from homebrew to get into the eShop however if for some reason you want to download demos, or something.

And there's supposedly a release due out this weekend.

twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/817211542433304576

Oh, and I'm on 11.0. Music player works fine.

There shouldn't be any promt preventing you from using the music player no matter what Nintendo comes up with.

Mate, it's only another ARM11 userland exploit even if it's more universal than the browser or a game hack. Again, the real hotness has been safehax for providing a new ARM9 exploit, those really are special and rare. sighax, when it comes out will be even better than arm9loaderhax.

They'll probably patch out everything they can in the next firmware. soundhax and safehax will be among those, sighax won't because…

…the bootrom is in ROM (funny about that) the only way they can fix that is with future 3DS consoles, and they haven't even done that for arm9loaderhax. Still, as critical as that bug is, it's pretty useless without a way to install it.

There's no chance of just borrowing one from a mate or something? Alternatively if a DS flash card works, buy one and use that. DS games are worth it, TWLoader is nowhere near ready yet.

System transfers don't work from N3DS to O3DS. I wouldn't know how it works for banned systems, hopefully never.

I'm trying to get my NNID moved from my banned O3DS to my N3DS, not the other way around.

You asked about limitations. Anyway I can't help with unbanning, hopefully someone else knows.

Hmm, alright. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see. This is the first time I'm doing anything like homebrew and attempting to downgrade/install CFW. And it also feels like the last chance I'll have, at least for a while.

Can't borrow from a mate, neither 3DS or DS. No one I know plays video games. My brother's friends do, but they only game on consoles.

3DS hacking is probably the easiest it's going to get, and it's much faster/simpler than a lot of other console/handheld hacks.
Just don't be a dickhead and ignore instructions, and reread steps before you cary them out. Hell, read the entire page before starting so you know where you're trying to get to.

Yeah, it seems that easy actually! At first it sounded intimidating, but from the instructions I read it's not too bad. I remember being apprehensive about doing the same thing to my Wii ages ago too, but I went through with that. I'll be going through with this too.

The guide has updated since Christmas, and apparently 11.2 downgrading/A9LH installation is possible now. Is this thoroughly tested, safe, and relatively idiot-proof, or should I wait to recommend this to my dumb sister who lives out of town? I'm only asking because I haven't used these new methods (I did my O3DS early last year), and I don't have a spare N3DS to experiment with lying about.

I wouldn't recommend it to your dumb sister because of the 2.1.0 sleep-mode brick that I imagine she would do first thing once the downgrade is complete.
It's as safe as it was in late 2016, you just have to avoid the sleep-mode brick on N3DS and you're fine.

Any way to dl cias?

Third post in the thread.

Thanks for the response. I think I can adequately stress the importance of not closing the 3DS. I'm just glad to hear there's a working method. She visited last year and was jelly of my A9LH. I would have set it up but she already had 11.2 installed.

Yeah, do it for her.

I'm scared shitless at the thought of a fuckup, it's held me back but it's a healthy mindset I think.

In 2.1 if you doing anything besides using the web browser it could fuck you up. The sleep mode brick is just the most likely since it's 100%.

2.1 is anything but idiot proof. Frankly I don't even think the downgrade itself or the restore are inherently idiot proof since one interruption will fuck it.

My palms get sweaty just thinking about this, I'm gonna wear rubber gloves the whole time.

I'm going to be following the guide tomorrow along with my cousin to get both of our 3DS's at A9LH, and I feel I've read enough to get a good grasp of the process.

I'd appreciate a confirmation if someone doesn't mind: After we finish the guide completely, we can install the FreeShop.cia using FBI, put the keys .bin on the sd card (or get keys automatically from the website) and then pretty much just run it right away, right? (Including out-of-region games?)

Its what I've been doing. I haven't tried out of region stuff yet, but other anons are saying thats not an issue

Great, thanks!

installed a self-created japanese game cia without a hitch and i'm running the game, i'd say shit's normal.

Well I did it.

Fuck that was scary.

2.1 isn't that bad. You just need to do what you have to do and get out quickly. Roughest part of hacking a n3ds is all the partial downgrades you used to get (which I guess aren't an issue anymore, since the new method skips the 9.2 downgrade).

Good job user. Enjoy your vidya!

Yeah, it was deceptively easy.

But if I clicked the wrong app or the camera it would have bugged.

Worst part for me was the downgrade and the restore. That slow counter knowing full well any interruption and it's fucked.

Thank you, and thanks everyone for the hand holding.

Time for freeShop.

Oh, question- what is the /3DS/CHMM2/ it's buggy as fuck. It reads as 3gigs on my laptop, and trying to access it makes it read as 40 gigs.

It doesn't seem to effect anything.

I think it's related to themes?

Custom Home Menu Manager 2, definitely sounds like something bugged out or corrupted in there. Is it the only folder/file that does that? If it is you can delete it and it should clear up.

he just posted this

if the nnid is banned going through a system transfer or any other method isn't going to unban it.
the friendcode_b file can be used from another console to get around a console ban, but you'd still need a fresh nnid.

My NNID isn't banned, just the console it's trapped on, any solutions for that?

Ask him for a link.

mega.nz/#!sxFylY6I!j9qJUi4fBiCz9YtZbNPOJMJ8Unaj5U_Y6OtGvHTyx9c
Can someone with a New 3DS run this CIA and tell me if it's working? It doesn't work on mine but I want to make sure that it's the game itself not working.

Is there a version of FreeShop for the Wii U, or any sort of wireless game installer for it? My SD card is too small to hold most of the Wii U's library and I'm looking for an alternative.

3DS black-screened when I tried running it, seems it doesn't work.

he ignored me lol

Sure that isn't something like a Love2D port with the Pokemon map added? The weird transitions when going in and out buildings make me think that, and there is a port for a Love2D-like game engine for the 3DS.
Embed related is what happens when you go OOB in the original game, and how it's coded. Just for a comparison.

Okay, thanks.

He's bullshitting you.

Holy shit setting up CFW is easy nowadays. It took forever to swap one of my old 2DSes to A9LH/Luma from a 9.2 sys/emuNAND setup but that's just because it took forever for my class 4 SD card to transfer 21 GB of shit to and from my PC due to the formatting step.

I set up A9LH/Luma on a friend's 3DS and it took me like 30 minutes. This is truly a golden age of hax.

bap: whats with the weird transitions when you go in buildings?
mukmuk: When a warp is triggered, the game freezes the frame, fades to black, then loads the next map.
My renderer doesn't freeze the frame, so you see that weird funkiness while it loads everything.
It's on my (very long) todo list.

I've got a bad feeling about this, but fuck it, I'll do it anyway after I sleep and am able to actually perform actions with a minimum of competence. Anyway, what size of SD do you guys recommend? Mine is only 8GB so I dunno if it's a good idea to do on it since I'll have to do backups and stuff on it, and there needs to be space in it afterwards for the games I plan to get off Freeshop too.

16 is fine for general use, because 3DS games are so small. The biggest I could find on Freeshop was Xenoblade 3D, which is 3.5GB. Your average game goes from a few hundred MB to nearly a GB.

It is christmas but a few weeks late.

If you follow the instructions. Just fucking read that shit again and again and you will not brick. That's it.

I have a 16gb SD. I have seven games installed including Xenoblade 3D so it is not a big deal. You can easily fit in four games in there.

So I'm guessing I should clear my SD card off if I'm going to set up Soundhax? I don't want to buy a new one just for it, at least not right now.

8gb is more than enough for the hacking process itself, but you should really consider getting a bigger SD card. I linked a decently priced 64gb card earlier in the thread.

Depends. If you mean the SD card you already have installed into your 3DS then actually no, you can follow the guide the way it is and it will even help you keep your legitimate games. If you mean a brand new SD you need to first pop it into the 3DS so it gets some basic folders there.

Nah, you don't have to clear your SD. I could get soundhax to work just fine on mine without clearing.

Oh, nice.

Yeah, thanks. It's just that folder. No idea what went wrong, but that being the only hiccup is a godsend.

My only other problem is I'm gonna need an SD card bigger than 32 gigs to hold all this vidya.

You folks are the best.

There's four main parts where you can brick.

1st is when you you write to SysNAND, but this is fine so long as a). you don't interrupt the process somehow- such as battery death. And b). so long as you use the correct 2.1 SysNAND for your region- some people do just that and brick- I double checked several times and was still surprised it worked. Paranoia pays off.

The 2nd issue is if you update or enter sleep mode (flip the lid) while in 2.1, but you only remain on that long enough to enter the web browser.

The 3rd is when you restore the backup of your SysNAND, which again like the downgrade is fine so long as it goes uninterrupted.

For some reason some people assume backing up SysNAND is optional because they read a prompt but not a fucking guide.

4th is if you somehow didn't follow the steps correctly and don't have all your files and folders correctly ordered and named. This might be fine and only require a quick fix, or you might have fucked up big time. This is a very difficult brick to achieve compared to the others.

As long as you follow the guide correctly, keep the 3DS plugged in, and remember to check your SD card for errors & corruption- you won't brick.

Fuck, whatever it is in this folder, I can't get rid of it. In fucking Linux.

Crazy. I have to format the whole card and start fresh.

ctrtransfer to 9.2 just refuses to work. If my friend is on N3DS 2.1, is it safe to do a cart update? From what I've read, doing regular updates bricks the system.

God no. From what I can tell it'll download an O3DS update and you will brick
To be honest it's a miracle 2.1 works on N3DS

Well, that was easy. For reference, I can confirm soundhax works on n3ds 11.2.0.
I've read that you can stream your displays using NTR. Has anybody tried that?

Add TWLoader. A note alongside the bit about DS flash cards will do fine.
gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/

Also update about Freeshop's new site.

Also there's been some progress on the brute-forcer for sighax, but it's useless until the actual bootrom shows up.
github.com/Myriachan/sighax

It's slow and it sucks. Get the proper capture mod done to your 3DS.

Whoops, you've already updated it about TWLoader, sorry.

More changes: 3ds.guide has condensed everything 9.0 and up to a single procedure: soundhax -> decrypt9WIP -> 2.1.0 ctrtransfer -> A9LH so the section in the OP can be reduced similarly. Older firmwares are more complicated, but rare so you may as well just say "go check 3ds.guide". Make special note that OTP-less A9LH is currently removed because of brick risks, and about soundhax wanting a game cartridge sometimes.

I just did the hack a week ago and it's already going to be outdated?

Just to be super extra careful, does never having used them in the first place count as disabled? Or do I have to configure them, then turn them off?

So to verify; Signhax is going to be used to create modified 3DS Firmware images correct? So we can just flash over a fully custom to the core firmware instead of just using a patched IPL like A9LH?

Don't worry about it it's not out yet. Besides, it'll be really simple to upgrade to the newer one from arm9loaderhax.

It lets you make FIRM0 or FIRM1 look like it has a valid signature. I don't actually understand how it'll allow for more flexibility than arm9loaderhax when it can take over immediately at boot, but it'll be a cleaner hack without question.

It sounds like you can take over the 3DS' recovery mode for potentially even more brick and update protection.

I'm stuck at the part where I have to use dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin and it's simply not working. Every time I try it I just get a glitched lower screen, the troubleshooting says to just press select and it will work, but I just tried that a bunch of times and it's still not working. It also said that if a browser exploit is not working for me to try and erase all browser data using the Initialize Savedata button, but no dice, tried it thrice and still not working.

Anyone had the same problem? Only think I can think of is I named or put a file in the wrong place so I'm rechecking it now, but so far no luck, everything seems to be in place, but I feel I'm missing something.

If you have a glitched lower screen just wait a minute, I was about to consult the troubleshooting page after waiting for a bit, but it proceeded as normal.

Okay then, that's what I'll do. There were warnings that the lower screen would get a short black flash, and that's what I got too, but afterwards it crashes into a black screen with rainbow colored lines on the sides, so I thought I fucked up big time.

Apparently someone got a fix for the no-cart bug, but I'll wait till more people test it first

gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-63#post-6989298

100% certain never used them means disabled, Satan. You are good to go.

Went to play Odin Sphere and came back and nope, still glitched. Here's what it looks like in case anyone had anything similar happen before.

Been looking around the internet for a solution, but all I got were works in my machine and people who suddenly got it to work. I got arm9.bin and arm11.bin in the right place, but going to re-do the prep work for the "Installing arm9loaderhax" just in case.

Meant to say I went to play Odin Sphere on my PS4 for a while, came back and it was still glitched, even though user said it would be just a minute or so.

Oh durr. Well if you've tried enough times to rule out bad luck with the browser, check it was extracted to the right spot (arm11.bin and arm9.bin should be in the root of the SD card). It's also possible the SD card is iffy.

I saw a few other people tried
and it worked, without the cart.

So I decided to try. And it worked! I'm in the middle of backing up SysNAND right now.

I'm also sweating like a surgeon doing a heart surgery.

Sometimes it's a problem of internet connection, try tethering your phone.

Congrats user. Just be sure to follow the guide and you will be fine.

After reading the guide, I want to ask a few things before I even consider diddling around with my console, since I'm getting a 2ds this month
>How do I make a custom theme ? I want to make either a Konosuba or a Bret Hart theme

Very small as long as you pay attention and read the guide thoroughly.
You can complete the guide start to finish on an empty 4gb card, and once you're finished you can move to a larger SD card just by copying the contents of your current SD card to the new one and using the new one.
Freeshop, a homebrew program that you can install like a legitimate 3DS program once you're done with the process.
Using YATA or Usagi you can make custom themes. For custom sounds you'll need the official SDK tools that were leaked, you can find them on 3dsiso.

Only system that can be fucked through carelessness is the New 3DS. Even with that as long as you follow instructions you should be fine
16GB is plenty. 3DS games are relatively small
Freeshop. You just click the DLC button for your game and it does the rest.
There's a tool for that in the homebrew starter kit

I checked the SD before I began with h2testw like the guide recommended, so I don't think that's it. Doesn't hurt to check again. And yes, the arm11.bin and arm9.bin are in the SD card root.

I followed your advice and tried tethering my phone, but no luck, 5 tries and it still glitched, only now it takes longer to load the page since my phone mobile data has shit speed.

If you read the guide and do exactly what it tells you to do the chances are essentially zero.

Followed the guide and installed everything with no problems. Well, there was a minor hiccup at one point, but it was fixed easily. Time to a make a nice custom menu.

So it's ok if I use a microSD like pic related ?

Yes, it works fine. I'm using two Sandisk Ultra MicroSD cards for my 3DS and Wii U and I didn't have any problems.

It is done. Followed the guide as closely as possible, installed everything in order. Minor hiccup but nothing too serious.

And now I'm here going to install the Undub/patched FE Fates, as well as checking out other titles on Freeshop.

Also, does freeshop have trouble starting sometimes, or is it just me?

You can play online Battles without problems, right ?
No fear of getting your ass banned or something like that

Online everything (EXECPT FOR FUCKING LEAKS THOSE PEOPLE WERE STUPID FOR THINKING ONLINE WAS SAFE) is safe.

…what ?

I think Pokemon Sun/Moon was leaked, and people went online with it before the date it was supposed to, and thus they were banned.

I think I'll be banned if I do the restored content of FE Fates online, but I'm not looking to do any online stuff.

My 3ds already had a CFW installed before, but I lost my CFW sd card, so I am following the new guide to get it done.

I am following: 3ds.guide
and at part 3 (3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer) there is this warning:
Never update a New 3DS running 2.1.0 (an Old 3DS firmware) or you will BRICK! You MUST restore a NAND backup or ctrtransfer back to standard New 3DS firmware first!

All it means is that I shouldn't update my 3ds, ever again, right?

I just want to play the translation that's not complete ass

also, my 3ds is 9.2.0-20E

Are you like those other retards that saw they could get free games by following a guide, then followed it without reading it first?

I always read as I follow

You can find the restored/patched version online.

No, I think it just means that you shouldn't actually go online to do it through Nintendo while you're in 2.1.0.

During the later steps of the guide you restore your NAND backup to what you originally had before doing the ctr transfer.

Also don't close your New 3DS at all while it's in 2.1.0.

To be safe just plug in the 3DS to the charger and just never close the 3DS during the entire process.

That was rhetorical. And you've proved that you are an idiot. If you had actually taken the time to read the damn thread, you would have seen that your idiot question was already answered.

Don't attempt to update your firmware from 2.1.0, is all that's saying.

No. It means you can't system update by the internet when you are in 2.1, you need to restore your NAND (that the guide will tell you to do if you are following it) which means you will restore your 3DS to the firmware version you were when you started to install CFW.

Where do I place this encTitleKeys.bin? I'm looking for a couple of japanese games that aren't in the default website.

When you do the CTRtransfer thing you make a NAND backup. After you do the 2.1.0 stuff you restore that backup to get back to where you were. Don't go into system settings and update from there while in 2.1.0. In fact, don't do anything in 2.1.0 except open the web browser. Don't even close the lid.
TURN WIRELESS ON BEFORE THE CTRTRANSFER BECAUSE THE N3DS DOESNT HAVE A PHYSICAL SWITCH
If you didn't do that pull the battery a few times and it should turn it on BUT DON'T CLOSE THE LID

Had to do that

Just finished the whole process (last page was 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax)

Now I can just install game cias from the fbi in the home menu?

If so, this was way easier (and scary thanks to the DON'T CLOSE THE LID OR IT BRICKS part) than putting reinand to work back when "change the system time to jan 1 2000 to make the browserhax work" was a new thing.

Pretty much. Better yet, scan the QR code in freeshop.pw/ using FBI and you'll download and install Freeshop automatically.

An easier alternative is freeshop, unless you want games that have fan translations or whatever.

I sorta refuse to believe something this convenient exists. Is this shit like those android stores where you don't pay for anything?

At least I the only download I did before this was runefactory 4 undub, which I doubt would be in the store, since it's a "mod"

It works. I downloaded Gurumin, Monster Hunter Generations and Zelda ALBW. Gonna download AA Spirit of Justice and one or two other things since I realized I have more space available.

Freeshop lets you download any item you have the titlekey for, considering everyone uses the same titlekey, anyone can dump theirs and share it with others.

Someone needs to upload the titlekey for the game first. We're lacking some titles, but there's a fair amount of them

I assume that's something that will be clear once I install it, right?

It's simpler than it sounds, yeah.

pastebin.com/sUuiK1rg

Anything else? It looks like the FAQ will need to be reworked after the next thread

THIS IS THE NEW PASTA
IF YOU GET IMPATIENT FOR A NEW THREAD USE THIS
WE WILL RELENTLESSLY BULLY YOU AND CALL YOU SHRIMP DICKED NIGGER FAGGOT IF YOU DON'T

The third post in the thread will tell you everything you need to know about 3DS piracy.

Fix the link to the guide so it doesn't have to redirect. Pasta's still too fucking huge and I think the first post is rather redundant with the guide itself.

already downloading a 12 games list, that 64 giga card was the best thing I bought this whole year

Also the 3DS vola is dead, and always dies because no one posts anything since freeshop became the go-to. Should remove it. You probably don't need three different links to Luma either, and the guide covers installing Luma updater.

The way the 3DS works, if you have a game installed Nintendo assumes you own it. That's why you can download a game's cia, delete it, then download it from eShop. It's a really stupid oversight, and all freeshop does it automate it.

Well, I'm not sure how far I'd get with it in japanese, but it's a shame that it's not at the freeshop yet. It's also missing a few of the recent Taiko no Tatsujin games. Gotta wait, I guess.

How do I set up music for Freeshop to play?

Dump some shit with the DSP homebrew and then download mega.nz/#!W80AVSwb!FAOhJc8VadAQaqEDZK4pyfOoR3c6nxdKGHr3uDNN8OU extract in sd:\3ds\data\freeShop

Thank you.

user with the glitched screen here, I redid the entire step and placed all the files again, used phone tethering, and this time it worked!

Thanks for all the anons and their advice, I will see if I can get Freeshop now.

If the FAQ gets fleshed out it can be condensed to a pastebin link and we can then merge post 3 with post 1

Basically Nintendo's inability to have a basic understanding of the internet works really well in our favor for this. I wonder if they'll ever learn.

You are basically set now. Enjoy your freedom user.

Thanks user, I got freeShop here, only question I have is if I have to change regions to play different games, since I pretty much did all of this because Nintendo refuses to fucking region unlock their games.

Also to play Fire Emblem Fates with an uncensor patch, but I'm waiting for a comprehensive guide on how to patch that.

(nice)
To be honest you don't need 90% of that pasta. I didn't even fucking read all of it myself - all that you really need to know to install CFW on your 3DS is:
>Can I install CFW from this firmware? Currently up to the latest firmware 11.2
>How? Plailect made the spoonfeeding-est guide
>After installing how do I get games? Here's the godsend that is freeshop
>Are there a few other things that I can get? Here are a few links but go and search on your own

Plailect's guide gets lost in the middle of that shitton of words and we get clueless people showing up on Discord all the time when all it boils down to is "read the guide and do everything that it tells you to do"

If you have Luma you should be fine with regions.

Nothing in the world will stop people from not even reading the first post

son of a cunt, Is there a way to configure controls on snes9x for 3ds? I don't see the option anywhere, and I can't dash with A in x

How many times should I have to run safehax to get it to finally boot into Decrypt9?

I've run it 6 goddamned times and all it does is read off a list of memory addresses, freeze, and then I have to reboot and start it all over again.

Are you using the fasthax+safehax one?
When it freezes, what happens? Does it go to a black screen and stay there? (If so, just put an NDS or 3DS cart in the slot and try again, if you don't have a cart, try replacing the safehax.3dsx file in SDcard root/3ds/safehax with this one)

Yeah, it's the safehax+fasthax version from the Plailect guide. I have a Stella Glow cartridge in the 3DS, I read that that was an issue sometimes so I made sure to put it in before I ran safehax at all.

So, when I run it, it says:
etc.

The first time I ran safehax it got to 0xc00, then just completely stopped. It didn't blackscreen, it simply stopped doing anything at all. No buttons did anything, and I left it like that for a full 5 minutes before restarting the 3DS.

The second time, it got to 0x1600. The third time, to 0x3700. The fourth time it only got to 0x200. And so on and so on.

sup Holla Forums,

i'm about to do to do this cfw guide: youtube.com/watch?v=ezprzDkHie4

One question is, should i format my sd card before i start?

Why aren't you using the guide in the OP?

not retard proof enough for him
at least it's not outdated

Yeah, but there's the chance that the guy in the video will forget something important like how you can't put your New 3DS in sleep mode while on 2.1.

holy shit, the guide got updated. ill stick to it then. i thought soundhax hasnt beed added yet

Okay my dudes, i need some asistance. I've gotten to installing the arm9 loaderhacks, and im getting caught on an error. Pic related. I have a 2ds on the downgraded firmware (2.1.0). Wat do, I'm scared…

you put the file in the wrong spot

Safehax got me this am i doing it right?

too early to tell

Let me know if you got through that step because I'm still stuck there.

yeah, im waiting for the torrent too.

user, reboot. then go to homebrew and launch safehax again. there should be a menu, not those 3 lines

I can't inject fbi through health and safety. Im trying to do the troubleshoot guide but i can't see any (uppercase) .TMP and .APP file; i only see (lowercases) .tmd and a couple .app files. Any anons been in this problem? I could really use the help

The troubleshooting guide is for Gateway-downgraded devices. If you don't see those files, it doesn't apply to your system. Just try the injection again, and make sure you're using the right file for your system and region.

So now that I did all this, what are some really good games to download?

I have:
Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice
Pokemon Moon
Legend of Legacy
FE Fates (uncensored/restored)
Bravely Second (uncensored/restored)
Gurumin
Legend of Zelda ALBW
Monster Hunter Generations
Final Fantasy Explorers

Already played:
Etrian Odyssey IV
FE Awakening
Monster Hunter 4U
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon X
SMT IV and SMT IV Apocalypse
Devil Survivor 1 and 2
Ace Combat AH Legacy
Bravely Default
Persona Q
Stella Glow
7th Dragon 3

I mean, that's probably enough to keep me entertained during the downtimes between other games I want this year, but it never hurts to have more.

Rune Factory 4, Rhythm Thief, Senran Kagura Burst and 2, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Gotta Protectors, Picross 3D 2, Picross e series, River City Tokyo Rumble. Etrian Odyssey 5 is probably releasing this year unless you want to play in 日本語, and EO Untold 1 & 2 are worth playing even if I personally like the DS originals more. I haven't played Etrian Mystery Dungeon, but there's that too.

Hate to bully but I'm going to bully: I did this shit easily with a brand new n3DS. How can you be this retarded?

is it possible to use guiformat and h2testw on a sd card in my android phone?

Man, EOV hasn't gotten a localization announcement and that got me bummed. Though at the same time we got localization announcements for Yakuza Kiwami and 6. Not sure how to feel.

Thanks for the rest of suggestions though.

The 3D Classics ports of old Sega arcade games. Seriously, they are the best versions of outrun, space harrier, fantasy zone ii, etc. out there. The best part is, the parallax backdrops are in actual 3D (if you turn it on), which looks fucking fantastic.
The 2 Kirby games are pretty good. Triple Deluxe felt a little easy, but worth a playthrough. Robobot had generally the same difficulty, but expected you to think more to get all the code cubes. Both solid entries, with good side games as well
Dragon Quest Monsters 1 got a remake and fan translation, it's pretty fun.
The virtual console games are probably worth having, Wario Land 4 is never not fun
Liberation Maiden is shit IMO but probably worth seeing for yourself
Mario Kart 7 is the best MK game I've played, its only downside is the AI is too easy

Regarding changing the sdcard after applying the CFW, does dd and resize2fs suffice?

so can you unbannu?

how has this thread not been collected yet