Thoughts on Space Funeral?

Thoughts on Space Funeral?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardydev.com/2011/01/16/interview-with-thecatamites-space-funeral/
harmonyzone.org/GobletGrotto.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Streambait, it's a nice parody of the pointless RPGMaker titles but Barkley did it much better with much less pretense AND simultaneously mocking SA goons.

I usually try not to think about vapid free shit that isn't worth anyones time.

Never heard of it.
So I'm guessing it's some niche obcure shit with a fanbase that numbers less than 200.
But one of them called you a bigot and we can't have that, fire up the Crusade against the SJW's we gotta bitch about it for a few weeks right?

FUCK YOU, THIS IS NOW A ONE SHOT THREAD
Nika a cute edition.

hipster non-game

waifutard non-game

Fun little game that is the opposite of the typical Yume Nikki style RPGmaker games with an interesting message.

maybe if you're a faggot.
Niko ain't a girl.

It looks like girl.

Shitty game with a garish art style(but its intended to be shit)
Basically sprinkling salt in your eyes to prove a meaningless point.

So it's made by a gender confused tumblrite

it's been posted here hundreds of times. how fucking new are you?

I like it

fuck off, dude

I watched some videos and thought the soundtrack was really, really good. Then I found out that it's all way older and has nothing to do with it, so I just got into that instead. It's a lot more interesting.

Nah, the tumblrite is who feels triggered by catbois.

Yeah it has. And every thread died off with 20 posts top. Aka: it has even less content than Undertale and nothing worth discussing.

If they all attract posters like this I can see why.

Yeah. They do.

straight from the guys interview
hardydev.com/2011/01/16/interview-with-thecatamites-space-funeral/

and Magic Wand is a more interesting game tbh

Barkley: Shut up and Jam: Gaiden is fucking great.

I thought it was really good. I liked the art, music, overall design, and the writing. Very funny at a few points and genuinely creepy a couple of times as well.
I'm a fan of these RPG Maker games in general and Space Funeral isn't the best among them, but it's quite good if you're into that "sub-genre", for lack of a better term.

Didn't know Magic Wand was the same guy. I was thinking of checking it out based on Saint's video and now I have even more reason to.

POST NIKO LEWDS

I was going to try this a while ago, but your constant shilling has really put me off it tbh.

This, the message is actually interesting instead of some bullshit environment / social-comentary message.

Runs a close second to the masterpiece which is Undertale

it's obvious you don't belong here >>>/reddit/

so much for that lmao

It's a good game that is comprised almost entirely by humorous setpieces, that came before the rise of quirky indies, therefore its references are from much older works rather than modern trends that'd date it. The creator is one of the types that focuses on making a multitude of different genre small titles, often free, a type that exists rarely nowadays, compared to the shareware and freeware ages. It is likely the most well known of thecatamites' works, due to the aforementioned references, and as such is often used as an example of "quirky" by stupid people, like those who write for gaming websites. Looking through interviews he is quite optimistic about wanting to use video games as a means of sustenance, but he also believes this is unlikely to happen. He also enjoys punk rock immensely, as well as Discworld Noir, the latter of which is a game I doubt any popular indie dev worth his dyed hair would have known, let alone played. Lastly, his political opinions are practically nonexistent, beyond statements that come from depression.

I remember this anime being riffed by two SA goons at some point, what was its name? A shame they don't make crazy shit like this anymore.

Amen brother

I remember the title because it sounded like a castlevania subtitle: Sovereign of the Damned.

Trap non-game then.

Space Funeral 4 is gonna be tumblr-core

Well Space Funeral is a celebration of ugliness.

This chum is right. Can't wait for Barkley 2.

Not that Bubsy autist again

It was supposed to be out, like, two years ago.

last release date was "before the end of 2016"

You mean 2023

they will be late for that too

At least they are still working on it instead of trashing it.

The game itself is named after an infamously bad sounding title, the gaiden at the end was added to make it sound as much of a pretentious WRPG title as possible.

Release date is 2023 like said
I'm actually more excited about Bball TactixXx rather than the main vidcon, I hope y'all pirate it or pick it up so we can have mad 3on3 Sportsball Grid RPG Action.

IIRCt they ran out of money for development at the midway point and are still working on it because it was the dream project they thought of while designing the first Barkley.

I still need to beat this. I crack up at how straight it shoots with its ridiculous story.

On the topic of weird RPGs, why does Holla Forums like OFF? I thought you guys would hate it, it's pretty similar to Undertale, but not intentionally funny. Tumblr fucking loves it, but there's someone on tumblr who likes everything.

It has a nice soundtrack and its kinda and amusing. You niggers have probably never even played the other games by thecatamites like Goblet Grotto.
harmonyzone.org/GobletGrotto.html < Download it here, thanks.

Damn right, when are cboyardee and the others going to release the damn sequel?

People liked OFF back in cuckchan WAAAAY before it became a thing on Tumblr, and its not meant to be funny in any way (and i dont see why itbshould be) also nothing at all like Undertale except that you kill stuff.

Wow you are so smart dude hoy shit wow

*kinda funny

Well Undertale is about meme, the power of friendship, and anime.
OFF is about a holy crusade, purifying evil sprites, and baseball.

They're not similar at all.

OFF has good music, an interesting setting, strong art direction, and a bleak and surreal atmosphere. Story is pretty good as well, I think. It's an interesting game aesthetically and tonally.

I don't understand the comparison.

OFF is pretty good imho, especially because the symbolism actually makes some sense if you chew into it.

Also, there's objectively nothing bad in beating people to death with a bat.

As for Undertale: The prime reason why Holla Forums hates it is because it attracts a certain audience, same as with Sonic games. Hells, we had a general for that shit datamining the fuck out of the game for several weeks after release, and even if you think the game's humor is cringeworthy at times (which it is), I still find the love for detail that Tobyfox put into it quite remarkable.

He's still a faggot.

user I liked oneshot but shilling is objectively bad even if the game's good.

That dev should kill himself, just to be safe.

is this a music thread

The dev of so-called "Space Funeral 4" is the creator of Tranny Bubsy and it has no relation to the original Space Funeral or itd creator thecatamites whatsoever.

OFF and Danganronpa became popular around the time Homestuck was on a hiatus, I don't know anything about Homestuck but if it's capable to spawn such tumblrites and autists then anyone related to it should just get a life.
Is Gingiva any good?

Thecatamites only made the first Space Funeral game, all the other ones were fan made. After they came out the creator said they were canon. Having the canon and lore be so open-source keeps true to the themes of the first game, I think.

Tranny Bubsy doesn't bother me because the games are full of stupid and disgusting abominations, who cares if they add one more? Plus with Bubsy they atlest round out the part to 4 characters.

Space Funeral 4 looks like shit and Bubsy feels tacked in.

Its the only new game hes going to get, c'mon user.

I went into both games blind, and had fun with both of them. The difference is that OFF has much harder puzzles, and the whole game is this flavour of weird that makes you want to keep going. Undertale was easier in comparison, and a few parts got tedious after a while.
OFF is a game about exploring weird worlds, with a dark undertone and a sad story hidden in the back. Undertale is a meta game about the concept of saving and loading, and player interaction, with a barebones story used to fill in the gaps.
What I don't get is why Tumblr and co. praise Undertale for it's story, when there is a lot more going on. The final boss had great presentation, and the Genocide run is a neat concept. There's a lot of good in there but the fanbase is as garbage as the "good" ending.
Best things to come from the Undertale community were the Baneposting parody and the shitty bad time edits

But all the games look like shit and have tacked on characters.