Final Fantasy XV

I just beat FFXV, what the fuck.
Two major things that probably flew over my head, and if they really didn't, I can understand why people shit on this game's story.
1: See this fucker in the picture? His name is Ardyn Izunia, but he's actually [spoiler]part of the Lucis family or some shit? What that supposed to be said earlier in the main story? Because it just kind of came out of nowhere when he said it. Did someone in the entire game ever mention before that point that there was more family alive than just Regis and Noctis? Which leads into second issue
2: Was it never explained why he was immortal? Late in the game his visuals could change to look more like a daemon I suppose, but how would that explain why he claimed to be part of the Lucis family? Why didn't he try to overtake everything before Noctis was even born? Why did he even need to kill Luna if his intent was to throw Noctis into the Crystal so he could timeskip into a king? Leading onto that, too…
3: Why the fuck was there a timeskip to age Noctis into "king mode"? The best part of that sequence was the drive down the road back to Hammerhead with Talcott explaining how everyones been living in hell for ten years, but then we don't get to see them. Even fucking Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis were barely excited to see Noctis just up and fucking gone for ten years. Not even a hug, man. I really miss stuff like the Wrex hug from ME2.[/spoiler]
I still liked it.

Back to cuckchan.

CUP NOODLES

actually it should still work but I forgot enter is the fuckkey

Have you tried cuckchan? I think you'll like it more

whaddaya know ffxv was shit, big surprise

i havent been on cuckchan since exodus also its a really short game, so its not hard to do. my friend lent it to me a few weeks ago but i didnt get around to playing it until a week ago

I hope the cup noodle company is compensating you OP.

He was a known member of the family thousands of years ago. I think it is implied that he is killed and resurrected multiple times and people forgot or never bothered to look at his profile on family tree.
time wasn't right?he wasn't ready yet?Didn't reincarnate at the time Noctis dad was getting summons I doubt it was explained but it might have
I doubt it was explained but it might have. Also the game was origoinally supposed to mirror romeo and juliet so we had to have the feels. Aren't you sad about Luna? Doesn't their sorry excuse for a relationship make it all the more heart crushing when it happens?
I think they were trying to do a parallel of FFVI's world of ruin when kuja took over. They probably didn't have enough time in those ten years to add all the stuff they should have put in. I bet there's an in game reason for it that were missing but I don't really need to care. I know square won't.

This game needs to be condemned for trying to slap in tie-in movie scenes to explain their story in a game.

I'm waiting until it's around 29 bucks

that reminds me, the only ties to kingsglaive you can see in this game is the general in the opening cutscene and you can baaaarely make out the protag from kingsglaive hanging in the throne room at the very end

I haven't seen kingsglaive but they definitely put in clips from that movie into the game when they should have been actual cutscenes for the game or actual bosses. Which reminds me we know that there is a war between Lucius and Nifelheim but we never actually get to see the countries cities, we never get a chance to see the main emperor on the other side, and we never get a chance to go out and defend the people of our own country. It has the good four character interactions but it lacks and actual world. When the story goes "OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE TO SAVE THE WORLD!!! EVERYTHING IS DYING AROUND YOU" it's depressing but I can only shrug to it since the whole time is you railroaded trying to find different summons the whole game.

Also what would have been the point of putting the crystal at priority and sacrifice protecting the people if the people would be able to survive the apocalypse for ten years, Noctis and pals look really fucking selfish and incompetent if all they have is "muh prophecy" "muh wevenge" for their excuse as their whole kingdom pretty much died off or zombefied.

the game would have been better if ardyn actually died from shivas touch in the train.

So you didn't pay for it? OK that's acceptable.

We still would have been left with multiple questions, the "what if they let nomura do his game" discussion, and questioning what they are going to do more with FFXV and what are they going to do next after FFXV.

Is it true that the entire party dies offscreen?

Is FFXV good if you're a horny neet into cute Jap boys and just want them to pin you down and fuck you? Asking for a friend

it just ends. you dont know if they lived or not.

the game if fucking great.
best FF game in years tbh.

Ardyn is royalty from ages ago who's immortal because he ate all the demons way back when but his brother, who's Noctis' ancestor, decided to be a dick and kicked Ardyn out of the country instead of thanking him for saving everyone from demons.
His plan the whole game is to force Noctis to go around collecting weapons and activating the ring and enter the crystal to timeskip and master his king powers so that he could kill Noctis at the height of his power and prove to no one, because everyone would be dead at this point that he was more fit to be king than his brother's family.

The whole game's plot is that retard doing a long and stupid plot to destroy the world and bait Noctis to 1v1 him because his brother was mean and all of that is just dumped by him and Bahamut in about a minute of dialogue right before the end of the game in an effort to bandaid over a huge gap made by unfinished/cut content and DLC hooks.

that's hilarious because he's easier than corrupted Ravus.

oh and I forgot to mention, Prompto is apparently a magitek robot thing but who cares because the game doesn't care after one minute

Yep, and he tells you that he's one right after you pass through an area full of text logs talking about how magitek soldiers burst into flames when exposed to sunlight and so have to wear the full body armor you always see them in any time they're outside but there's no explanation for why he doesn't spontaneously combust whenever you're adventuring together in the day time.

Daily Reminder that this game triggers Mcintosh.

Such a top tier faggot.

I love how he misses all the fujoshit pandering, including lines in the desert where ONE OF THEM IMPLORES THE OTHER TO GO SHIRTLESS

CUP NOODLES?

It doesn't pay to be honest in feminism.

Pick one.

Why does he act like because most of the people he meets in his daily life are faggots that somehow the majority of the global population are also faggots? If this is how he feels all the time when playing vidya then maybe he should just stop doing it and get out of the industry.

A. He Must be a fag if a chick like that triggers him.
B."We made this for straight men." Did he forget it's current year +2 and lesbos would like some Cindy meat as well?
C. He's a massive faggot.

gif related

The entire story was quickly ducktaped, that is pretty sure, everything was disjointed and if you look at all the trailers from FF, they really rushed this game out, also amazing that after 10 years, they only bothered to age Noctis everyone else was forever young because of some bullshit, not a great game, but it's good, product placement is either smart or goddamn annoyance, and fuck it, most of the story segments is either cutscenes in-game, the movie, the anime, or that damn mobile game, fucking Squeenix.

I finished it on New Year's and it's quite disappointing story-wise. Clearly it was in development hell, they had a lot of good ideas but everything about it is haphazardly stitched together. Open world was a mistake. DLC is horrendously cut content. I really like the combat though, and even though the optional dungeons are just stupid one way corridors, the fights themselves are entertaining and can be challenging. Hunts are great. Music is phenomenal (i.e. whatever Yoko did).

6/10.

fucking storyfags are why we cant have nice things.