PS4 Pro

Alright, its time to talk about this piece of shit.
No console war, no bullshit
This is an iterative uprgade to a console, the closest we ever got to this was the fucking Nintendo DS hardware upgrades which are are also fucking bullshit and saw plenty of backlash even if they sold well by retards who fell for exclusitivy hostages.

Not only does this piece of shit barely have a performance boost, but it only slightly bumps the res to an upscaled blurry mess, sometimes even taking away graphical and performance qualities from the PS4 version.
Theres not even deals to trade it for the original PS4.
Why is there no uproar about this shit?
Its taking away what made consoles a decent investment and its barely and improvement.
And it doesn't even update most of its older games, including first party ones.
Why is it selling moderately well and why are people even actively defending this shit?
Its one of the most kike moves I've seen and I'm extremely worried it will become a mainstay just like DLC whoring and microtransactions.

I'm obviously talking outside this board since most here actually have a brain and wish for a positive change in the industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8&t=156s
techraptor.net/content/ps4-pro-to-target-pc-not-project-scorpio
archive.is/rlSR2
superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And no exclusives of its own, forgot to point that out.

Because the majority of the gaming market is now unbearable normalfags who dont care.

They noticed everyone was moving to PC. They made a console more like a PC. But of course a console is still a console, so the graphics are only marginally better.

Are you one of those people so paranoid about conspiracy theories that you think we didn't land on the moon?

At least you are half right, if the topic is sony or playstation then it's free game as opposed to other consoles or IPs.

That right there is why there's no bigger uproar about this. There is no reason at all to buy it, so why stress over it.

Got this for Christmas as a collective present between me and my siblings, it runs quite hot, but I was pleasantly surprised as they also got Bloodborne which is pretty fun. I always try to reason with my Dad about stuff like this but he dismisses my negativity because I tend to cling to old technology like muh Thinkpads.

What?
What the fuck are you talking about?
How is this even relevant to the thread or my post?
I'm half expecting this to derail the thread, first one is obviously fake due to USSR preassure on the Space Race though, the flag waving in vacuum should be proof enough, Id even argue that Yuri Gagarin going to space was also fake as a demonstration of superiority by the USSR due to all the secretive bullshit around it and his subsequent dissapearance

Why would there be an uproar? It doesn't seem particularly interesting.

Because its a kike move that removes part of what made consoles a good investment and a taste of whats to come in the future of iterative consoles?

Bloodborne runs the same as the PS4 version.
Tell your dad I called him a faggot

You're retarded, the entire point of consoles is they're cheap, easy to use, and streamline development due to having fixed hardware. Which is why at the end of the Xbox360's lifecycle we got Halo 4, which while garbage had incredible visuals considering how weak the 360 is, it was just really well optimised for that hardware. They made the Pro as an attempt to push into VR and 4K gaming.

My dad could beat up your dad.

I can only speak for myself but I didn't buy it. So I really don't give a fuck. as long as they don't start releasing PS4 pro exclusive games because I love Bloodborne god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not anymore
Probably, mines 60 years old and half senile.
He wouldn't go down without a fight though, considering hes musclefat and was in the army.

[Citation needed]

Advertising. Why do you think the ps4 is selling so well right now despite having no games?

Do you have any idea what this fucking means?

Yes, you are implying it's expensive. That may be for you but not everyone else. It's not a hard concept.

My biggest beef with it as a console:

1. Advertise itself as having ability to play UHD
2. Decide to backtrack and say "Only for streaming, no actual UHD integrated player"

fuck that. They cheaped out on the UHD player, which is a croc of shit considering the PS3 had an integrated blu-ray player.

This reason alone is why it upset me.

Disregarding Star Wars: Battlefield (not Battlefront) and lack of games.

At least bloodborne is fun tho.

Plus games
Plus paid internet

I fucking forgot. Sony decided to charge for online like xbox didn't they?

I think it's such bullshit sony basically jumped 5 steps backwards in development.

It'd be the first time sony has charged for online and it's essentially a fuck you to the player, on top of the stuff they took out of the actual machine itself

a) You don't know what IDs are.
b) Projecting is where someone protects themselves from their own flaws by attributing them to others, hence the "if u call ppl ghey your akshully ghey xD" thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8&t=156s

Vid by Crowbcat showing that these things don't even work right

You don't play for online on Nintendon't systems
And thats not a problem on computers considering older games can run on newer hardware.
I'll stop replying now, I don't want this to devolve into the same shit.

Holy shit, the cuckchan flood is even worse than I though

Did they fix any bullshit yet?

So i actually have a 4K monitor, are you saying that the PS4K is a waste for someone who has something like that?

It's just another example of execs not being aware of the environment.

All I needed to buy that shit was 1080p 60fps Bloodborne and they can't do that.

I'm doing what i can user.

The longterm result of companies pushing out better versions of consoles is that less people buy them on launch and wait for the inevitable good version. The other issue with these upgrades is that if devs target the stronger machine then the weaker machine suffers.
In the past redesigned versions of consoles were either budget cuts(PS3), made using differently sourced materials(PS4 pre-slim/pro) or just a different form factor(DS Lite). You don't see Vita1000 owners being upset because the 2000 came out, but you do see 3DS owners having to put up with games that are made for the New 3DS.
I'd point towards the iPhone to see how they fare with this sort of thing, but I don't know much about phone gaming other than the fact that they release a new phone every year.

I have an LG 4k smart TV.

It's essentially useless for me because the TV can already stream everything the PS4 can stream in 4k.

PS4k does NOT have a UHD player, and although it upscales games and dvds it's virtually a standard Blu-Ray player.

They advertised it as having a 4k player built in so you could watch UHD but backtracked and only made it an integrated function

It's also funny it doesn't playback UHD bluray discs, seeing as how Sony's consoles pushed new formats like DVD and standard Blu-ray. PS3 was even the best Blu-ray player for a few years.

T I M E F O R A N O T H E R C A K E

This is nigger tier logic.
I and many others like being frugal, a console with a handful of worthwhile exclusives that makes you pay a yearly fee for its full functionality isn't high up on the list of things I'd buy.

I'm holding out for something that plays UHD Bluray since I have a 4K TV anyway.
I thought about the Xbone S but then what would I play

So basically it's the same shit as the Slim with a slight boost. What a scam.

Right now there's a fuck ton of issues regarding UHD Blu-ray and 4k technology in general. It's best to wait it out until the technology matures, and that's not even considering what will happen to physical media with streaming becoming more widespread

Exactly. It's a fucking jip.

They said they were going to integrate a UHD player into it so that it would work for UHD and instead they use software to upscale, which isn't really UHD.

Also, why would they advertise UHD streaming if all you need for UHD streaming is a TV/Monitor that has 4k and a show that streams in 4k?

Makes no sense.

it will become the more widespread the longer they postpone integrating the hardware technology.

It's a bit like having ice cream on layaway when there's cheesecake on sale right now. Who the fuck wants it.

They're even posting memefrog ad nauseum.
Any word why the flood is ocurring board kike?

That's pretty much what I'm doing, although I'm quite happy with my 4K display.

Streaming 4K seems like a nightmare to me as I have data usage caps.

No clue. Could be newfags.

I don't understand though, Icecream is better than Cheesecake.

So not only are you an antisemitic numskull but you actually think consoles are a good investment.

Guess what buddy? Consoles are going the way of the dinosaur, there is literally no reason to buy one because games are moving to pc.

True, I think people will always be blind sided by the shiny adverts only to realize a few weeks after what a poor decision they made.

This better be bait

I'll get one when my ps4 eventually breaks.

I don't know if there's anything to talk about really. Yes, it's an iterative console upgrade with very niche practical benefits. I don't know if that's a reason to get mad, though. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Maybe by the time the PS4 Ultra Pro launches in a couple years the PS4 will have enough games to warrant a purchase.

And thanks to said data caps and bitrate limitations that vary from service to service, the actual fidelity you get from streaming 4K is actually pretty mediocre

If you were to take the raw 1080p m2ts files from a regular bluray and upscale it to 4K, it would look better than streaming 4K.

normalfags don't care about anything. They are either the drug-addicted dreg wiggers you see in a Rhode Island Walmart.

or They're literally niggers and spics who have that passive slave-mindset where they are lazy and only devote mental energies to looting and chimping.

Holy fucking shit, how new are you?

Thank god

I miss when games simply had expansions and you didn't have to deal with deluxe/extended/day one dlc or season passes…

I miss when games were complete day one

I'm confused, are you saying I should buy it even if I don't like it?

cult of dubs has spoken again.

That was like Commodore/Atari era

Baldur's Gate 2 is a perfect example of a game with an expansion that added more to the game and didn't require dlc for different classes.

If Baldur's Gate was released today you'd only be allowed the Rogue, Warrior, and Cleric. You'd have to buy every other class. Also certain weapons would only be accessible via purchasing them on the online store

I got a slim for Christmas and have a question. Are PS4s in general supposed to get hotter than a refinery when playing, or is it just a slim/pro problem/feature?

I fucking hate you jim

2016 was predicted to be the "Inflection year" of 4K TV's where the price/performance would have come down enough so much the normalfags would have invested around the holiday period. Which is likely why Sony targeted the "Upgrade" and put it in development in 2015. All their divisions were in sync because of Hirai's "One Sony" plan. TV likely wanted a new PS4 for their 4K TV's and Playstation likely agreed because they wanted to have a jump on Microsoft and they wanted to try leverage their market share to prevent losing players to PC gaming ecosystems and even possibly gaining players.

So they rush it out before the tech is ready with a cut Polaris chip based on AMD's mid tier RX 470 card that performs worse than a 970 and shackled to an overclocked Jaguar with their new meme resolution option that upscales an image at a lower resolution to a higher one and then upscales further to 4K so very few games outside of PS3 ports, Sports games and indies are native 4K (After three years telling people "if it's not native 1080p it's not acceptable"). And expect people to buy it because it has a PS4 on the front.

And then. Most disastrous of all. The 4K TV inflection never happens because current models aren't good enough yet and companies were warned before the Holiday season that it wasn't going to happen. Sony fucked up so badly there's only three viable TV lines for normalfags for to get the full 4K Upscale and HDR experience which have game modes that are affordable. The LG E6 and Samsung KS7000/8000. The Sony Bravia X700 is way too fucking expensive for a normalfag.

So the 4K Inflection has been delayed till next Holiday season (You will see a lot of cheap HDR sets with the problems fixed for gaming at CES this week that will go into production soon) and Sony's left holding it's cock because they now have a console they have to support for the next three to five years that was designed for 4K, but can't really do 4K.

Also saying that there's no UHD Blu-Ray drive because they expect customers to stream 4K content while data caps are still shit was fucking stupid beyond belief. I'd expect a revised Pro model with a UHD BR player at E3 or they are fucking stupid.

But then its Sony. It was inevitable they would do something stupid.

I understand your frustration

I don't like it when people say things and don't explain it.
"X is retarded, you're retarded LOL" and then just go away scared of actually having to explain their dumb points.
But this time, he has a point, even if he doesn't know it.
The idea of "if you don't like it, don't buy it" is a free market ideal that dictates that bad products won't get sales so they'll stop being made.
The problem is the current video game market is fucking retarded, niche taste for originality and good gameplay is becoming smaller and smaller, and the only way to alleviate the retardedness of the masses is by begging developers to not do the sneaky jewish corporate suit tactics.
Honestly, the problem is the casual market of games got lumped in with the hardcore market, making the hardcore market poisoned.
It'd be solved if they started labeling games with no DLC, microtransactions, cinematic shit, bad AI, handholding gameplay, QTEs or anything like that as "hardcore" games or something.

this actually isn't much of a concern for Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. PC is fairly independent and relative to consoles, very small.

I wonder if console fanboys repeat this to themselves over and over in their head to deny reality that PC is a significantly bigger gaming platform world wide and Sony has a problem if PC players start refusing to play on console full stop.

it's bigger in the sense that there's the facebook and mmo market. I think you need to understand these are single product consumers to figure out why the "threat" of PC gaming isn't really addressed.

The facebook market has been dead for a long time. AAA's are thriving on PC and Sony outright said they are targeting PC ecosystems with the Pro. From the head of SIE, no less.

techraptor.net/content/ps4-pro-to-target-pc-not-project-scorpio

archive.is/rlSR2

facebook market still appears to be more relevant than what people here would think of PC gaming. MMO is still the majority of the spending. Thank you for the correction.

thank you for the silly image, can I share this?

it doesn't actually matter until someone makes a game that can only be played on it.

all it does is allow you to play games in 4k. it's basically pointless.

You know how when you upgrade your PC hardware old games don't look better unless it's a fan mod or there is an update? Yeah the same thing.

There will be no upgrade unless developers take advantage, and there is zero reason to. You have to make it compatible with the launch ps4, and even if they upgrade it, it's just to either a 4k checkerboard or 4k, which contrary to graphics whores beliefs adds absolutely nothing to a game.

High res textures, 60fps, enhanced lighting, these all add something to a game. And I guess HDR does to, but I don't believe I've played any game that was enhanced by going from 1080p to 4k.

there are actually developer guidelines that are being violated by some developers. The guidelines are about performance parity and a minimum resolution mostly, but to say support hasn't been all over the place would be denying reality.

To bad the reason the "PC market" is growing is because of shitty things like half assed f2p models, ports of terrible mobile games and those neat new touch PC's that are bound to continue making PC gaming arguably the worst kind of gaming.

Don't get me wrong, better graphics, better frame rates, mods, playing experimental ideas, these are all cool. But it's crippled by restricting your ability to purchase games by have 2 choices, steam or GoG. So it's basically a jailbroken console now anyway, just with more iOS ports and a million shitty mmos

I don't disagree, it's hard not to, on paper. The issue mostly comes from the practice, many of these benefits are just theoretical. The relegation of the physical market - the only proper ownership that can exist - is pretty much a timed, small window low print market on PC. If you actually want to own the things you spend money on, you're going to have some difficulty. That combined with the growing use of possibly hardware killing DRM like Denuvo and the modern standard gaming platform, windows 10, being far more cozy with user surveillance than any other version is far from appealing.

Even that, I've been given the opportunity to observe some survey information about gaming, and largely PC gaming is known for steam, mmorpgs, free to play games, esports games, league of legends, and cs go style gambling. No mention of any of the supposed technical advantages.

Everytime I read [noun] Pro I can't help but think about that image.

I wish i had that shirt

Then you've never played one at that res
Its an enormous difference, so much that it virtually removes the need for AA and makes every model ingame look clearer.

This post reinforces my belief that you know jack shit about what you're talking about.
superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/

eesh, thats rough

the rest isn't really a surprise is it

This is all the fault of reddit latching on to the mustard race meme.

condiments always had the problem tho didn't they

Do people even care a bout the PS4 pro?

He's saying you're fucking stupid for not making a fuss out of this kind of cancer.

There's no uproar because nobody really cares about the current generation of consoles. Normalfags bought them for sport vidya and CoD and are happy enough with that so they'll not bother upgrading anyway. Core gamers either bought it because they've always bought a console every generation and that mentality takes a long time to get out of or bought it because they're willing to take Sony, M$ or Nintendo's dick however shitty the product it. The former group gave up already and the latter will never complain.

Most of the people that would care fucked off to Steam/ASSFAGGOTS which, granted, they also don't complain about enough given the current state of Valve.

ITT: Holla Forums in charge of not sperging out that devs aren't pandering to them

Are you fucking retarded? Did you not even read OP?

Get some new material m8

But you're stupid.

What does the shitshow of the software side have to do with hardware? This isn't remotely similar. There's a much cheaper, nearly equivalent, and fully compatible option. I have no reason to get upset about the existence of the PS4 Pro.

congratulations, you cared enough to post that you don't care. super useful contribution to the thread, bro.

Every time

I guess that this is why they are called Sonyggers.

Oh and
Because we're talking about consoles here, user. Allowing yourself to be exploited is just what enabling consoles is about.

Fair enough

Most old PlayStation IPs are respected, but Sony has shills literally everywhere else on internet vidya communities (specially NeoGAF), so i guess that's why it gets shat on here.

Sony first party titles were never that great, they were always decent/passable with a few exceptions.
I like Crash/Jak/Spyro/Sly, but I'm not going to pretend like they weren't extremely average.
These fucking retards treating shit like Uncharted and TLoU like masterpieces and must plays are nothing but corporate cocksuckers.

Heh.

It doesn't do games in 4K! The 4K only applies to DVD/Bluray! Sony lied in their advertising and people still haven't caught on.

I just wish for the industry to crash.

Because normalfags don't care. What are you, stupid? It is just video games, grow up you man child.

There is no fucking reason to reason with normalfags. This is not just about consoles or vidya either, it can also be applied to movies or stories. You claim that this is bad by giving critical criticism, yet they refute with their stupid fucking feelings.

Like recently when I argued with someone about why PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Piece of Shitation 4, and he just doesn't yield. He says that consoles are better because they are easier, you dont get hacked, the mouse and keyboard suck and that the dual shock 4 is better for FPS games. And the fucking irony? He claims that PS4 has better games than the PC, even though I brought the arguement that the merit of emulation by itself truimphs everything. But nope, he won't budge and there is just no fucking use of arguing about it.

Look, I know lots of people in Holla Forums are sick of jews and greedyfucks in this industry, but the way I see it is that we should just keep replaying old good vidya, with the occasion of the few that are decent nowdays. And if you are sick of playing and want to do something else, just get another hobby would be very great if said hobby would help you in your job or future jobs

eh pc gaming has it arguably a lot fucking worse as far as exploitation goes. mmos aren't exactly a success on consoles and gambling? Shit, Valve has PC gamers by the balls.

It was never meant to be another console though, just a Playstation 32x released to push the 4k meme and help Sony sell some TeeVees. It was never meant to be an actual upgrade of the current gen the way MS is pushing Scorpio. And so it's fucking failing like the 32x, which similarly was never meant to be a whole new console - but just a bridge to the next generation. Hell, worse, because it doesn't have any exclusive games and actually downgrades many games.

Well, take that back… it's not failing like the 32x. The 32x did it's fucking job at least, and was a commercial failure. The PSPro is a commercial success, but fails to do it's job. So they both still fail, just in different ways.

I can't even really blame Steam totally for that. If people who should damned well know better want to throw their money away on dumb shit and obvious in-your-face kikery, then they deserve what they get. They're not being scammed, and there's nothing really illegal or misleading going on. They're just dumb.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

I'm not gonna lie but when AC7 comes out I'm picking up the pro with vr
cause I'm such a massive faggot
also if I become a real pilot they'll take my beret away and make me wear that stupid flight cap again

Can the PSVR actually give a good experience? I can't tell because shills are around fanning up hype. I'm doubtful because the PS4 and PS4 Pro specs.

Only reason for me to get a PS4 or a Pro. Although I wanted to bring back glory to Belka instead of being stupid Osean pig.

Some of the VR clips I've seen look pretty cool

Belka will rise again user

So from the device or online?

It's shit.

Whats wrong with smoking weed user if its legal? Or are you too enlightened by your own euphoria to have the need to take it easy every now and then.