Dominions 4 General: New Year, New Pantokrator edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a history teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

If you have a hard on for history, and mythology and want to pretend to be a god leading your followers into apocalyptic wars this is the game for you!

Join the steamgroup for multiplayer

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.

larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

For testing battle formations and spells

dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

CURRENT GAMES

That I'm aware of

DISCIPLES GAME

MA 8WIZARDS GENESIS

Team T.H.I.C.C vs The Aqua Reich

Ashdod, Pythium, Tein Chi, Xilbalba VS. Rlyeh, Shinu, Ys, and Eriu

I assume that the Aqua Reich is winning, or the jews are being jewish.

LASuccesorsOfAShitshow

Team Mooby vs Team Iron Pill

Gath, Ulm, Abysia, Marignon vs, Bogarus, Pangea, Midgard and Patala

Jews ironically burn the furfag armies of Vanheim, more this evening at turn 11(x4)

MiddleAgeM8s

From what I can tell this game is still happening, and everyone is waiting it out to build big armies of crap (going off last thread here for games im not in)

EAItshouldbefine

Jews are being destroyed by Krauts, who could see that coming? while China is being ripped apart by Oni's and Bats.

In the corner Greek ghosts secretly plot for world domination after murdering Amazons in their own homes.

BLITZES

Lets actually do one this week ok? it's best for the new guys to get used to playing rather than an email game where you're not sure if your shit is going to work

No going AI should be the rule from now on for blitz games

Currently Recruiting

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MA8Ragnarok

Middle aged game, with summod and Magically enhanced 1.2, should really just dump summod for this and add 1.3 since the compatibility patch barely works (unfortunately it still has to be one or the other)

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightScrubFight

LA game with ME 1.3, with the same guy playing the jews in every game, man what is with this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/dominions-403-sprite-dump
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_(weapon)
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MA8Ragnarok
youtube.com/channel/UCzQs-6A6T_yj8A3dAnWMjEA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=5gOx3j_hkwI
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=8EABadDisciplesAndWorseGods
moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/addons/the-old-kingdom
moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/addons/parganos-with-caves-and-balanced-incoming
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2765
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlysty
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

L8 gotemen here. Now that I'm not stuck in the middle of nowhere, I can start posting in this thread again. (Managed to send my turns in via wifi, thanks the gods the shit still works.)

The tides will turn shortly.

Good, after Midgard is finished I'm coming for you, you nearly took my waste fort

Vanarus has just declared war on me (Ashdod) Scelaria is disappointingly stalling, and asphodel, who i thought who has been stalling actually isn't and is scheming something I can only assume.

Its the opposite of LAsuccesors. The Aqua Reich's elven allies are almost wiped, shinuyama is probably going to be next, leaving AI rlyeh and Y's.

Meanwhile in LAsuccesors Abysia and Ulm on team mooby are gone.

NO THANKS TO ABYSIA WHO DIDN'T GO AI

Fucking post don't go AI keep fighting!

Sorry m8, just got back from christmas with the family and have to get all my shit for classes that start next week.
If it makes you feel better, my brother and a couple of his friends bought the game over the holidays, and I got invited this time since everyone can find their way through the UI now.

Ha, let's see how that goes.

Pangaea is an interesting nation to play, that's for sure, though a little let down by the fact I didn't plan my research properly. Oh well, always the next game.

8wizards; I'm Pythium, fighting everyone, gaining ground against Eriu and Shinuyama, raiding Ys. My biggest threat so far is AI R'lyeh, mainly because I can't focus my resources on them exclusively. Angels are great, too bad I can't forge decent thug gear.

Middlagedm8s; playing Vanarus, one throne from victory. If I don't get it, then I'm going to have to do things the old fashioned way.

Shitshow; playing Bogarus. I have a distinct research lead which I have yet to leverage in any significant way. Removed Ulm with Midgard's help. In the process of removing Abyssia with Pangaea's help. Probing Marignon's defenses with an Alchemist communion and a couple of hundred crossbows while they're busy with Patala. Also trying to capture some level 3 thrones by assassinating/seducing all the commanders.

Just got home from work. Expect new ShitShow turn in about 2 hours.

Why would you do that? that is the absolutely most boring way to win a game.
You should fight me you puss.

That's how you win. Why would I adopt a conquest strategy in a throne game? If you want to play conquest, make the victory condition conquest, not thrones.

I'm not going to ignore a path to victory if it is right in front of me. I would rather win like a pussy than cuck out and possibly lose.

recently bought the game and boy I sure love using the AI as practice

i suck so fucking bad at this game i can only get a win using ermor

We all been there, user. No one starts off good.

Fucking boring, I've been sitting here making some shit to take on Asphodel, Scelaria, you, or all three at the same time and now 20 fucking turns in turns out I've been jacking off because you're going to claim thrones your near because the guy right next to you went AI.

I would play but it's really expensive call me when it's 5€ or something

Nigga you just missed several recent sales, shit went down to $10.

Can someone explain to me the "multiple souls, spirits and guardian angel" connection to a person both in-universe of dominions and what inspired it in history?

I mean those Deavi or however they are called, those angels that are part of everyone in caelum. Sorry if I got any of this wrong.

Caelum is based off the Zoroastrian religion, which is essentially one half of the Vedic religion of old (the other half is Buddhism/Daoism)

The soul is composed of four parts, the Fravashi is the higher and the Daeni is the lower while your mortal soul is apart of your physical body.

When you die all parts are united except for the body which they would place on a large tower to be picked apart by predator birds IRL, this was your true death that releases your mortal soul to be joined with the other two parts to become a higher being.

Also can we please change Ma8ragnarok to just using 1.3 ME instead of summod+the compatible version?

Also part of native american mythology.
Sounds quite a bit like Xilbalba's 4 souls.

It would be pretty cool if there was a mod that was the "VERY LATE AGES"
It could be Caelum and Xilbalba together.
Abysia and Gath combined.
Ulm and maybe Marignon or Agartha?
Could be neat, especially lorewise.

I've mentioned this as well, hopefully he gets around to it until the game fills and launches automatically.

4?

Did you count the body as a soul part as well?

So … what are the other sould doing while I am walking the Earth?

I had an idea for a mod before that I put some work into, called Alternate age. Which is a late age mod that changes around the factions quite a bit based off the in game lore.

some examples include

I only got so far as working on the units for LA Mictlan, and I had lots of other ideas but I couldnt figure out stuff like you said for Xibalba/Caelum which is a good connection.

I still need to brush up more on south american mythology, I've only barely scratched the surface which it came to Xibalba before but the connection you made seems workable…as an alternative to Ragha

First Age: Aesir, Daeva, Yazata, Vine Men, Cave Men, etc. up the ass.

Last Age: what you said.

As long as you can remember to build temples and have priests reanimate, you can play better than my brother, who got his ass kicked playing sceleria.
Though to be fair he did spend much of his expansion phase stuck between a throne with wizards and garnet amazons, a heavy cav province, and a shitload of undead, so it wasn't entirely him not playing well.

Didn't the aboleths get a fucking star dropped on their heads in MA though?
A nation that gets expert crossbreeder on something other than a freak lord or mother of monsters would be really cool though, so I can definitely get behind that concept.

In my mod's story the Star falls on Arcoscephele instead and the survivors make creations of Meteoric iron to replenish their armies.

The Illithids only exist as a conjuration spell for LA Rlyeh. Maybe I'll finish this mod some day

So since we are lorecrafting the two ideas I had were.

Abysia has been at war with the Jews since the beginning.
However the purity of the blood for both people is dwindling.
Abysian's are losing even their heat tolerance, while Gath's last of gibborim are dying off.
Desperate the two long enemies are forced to combine powers to fight against outside forces of their wasteland.

So begins a hybrid process unprecedented even in the age of demon bred's.
Hybrid giganticism occurs in some Giant's clad in the heaviest armor, with great red horns, the glory of the Raphiam is reborn.
Those would be the Melqart equivelents, STR, expensive as hell, resource intensive, but a SC out the gate like EA Melqarts.
The heat produced by the new Abysian's prevent javelins, bows and crossbows.
Meaning a return to the greatbows made out of rare alloys. (Probably going to be a shit unit given what makes Hinnoms and Ashdod's bows shit is prohibitive resource cost.

What I really want to bring back though is the Grigori. It seems so limited that they are almost never seen in multi being a blood 9 spell with 166 blood slaves required with a nation that struggles with Later game power.

The lore reason that they aren't available later ages is that Abysia destroyed the library with all the lore.
However lore wise Abysia saved the lore that they could, but lacking the blood of the Nephilim they are unable to summon them.
This is solved with the merging of the nations, when the Jews find out the Abysians can revive their God's, the nation fully accepts their ancient enemies, and gives them the honor of their summoning.

Would make the Release lords of civilization a mix of Ashdod banquet of the dead and the original spell.
It would require blood and fire as well as a priest casting it.
Which would be cast by mainly by Abysian mages, the Grigori however are weaker then their EA counterpart, with shattered soul and probably lower magic scales, seeing as they've spent so much time imprisoned.

That's actually pretty good, wondering if Illwinter would accept any pitches on a Last Age.

I actually like that idea a lot, because it syncs up with the idea I had for Abyssia already.

What I had written for AA Abyssia is this; Basically a great divide happens within Abyssia as the Warlocks are expelled by those wishing to keep their blood pure, the majority of them are slaughtered but It was alleged that many managed to escape.

Again going with the Illithid Star falling on land, the Abyssians and Pangeans are also affected. The Star facilitates the abyssians being able to over throw the secret power of the Warlocks, and a new caste is formed alongside the humanbreds because the smouldercone is still petering out but I couldn't decide on what I wanted it to be. So far my idea for them was that they'd adopt water magic and there would be like oracles that would use steam clouds to view the future, and there would be some sort of steam knights that are basically guardians of the flame, while still keeping the MA troop line up + Humanbreds still

Anyway besides that it also syncs up with the idea of LA Pythium I had, which is basically the creation of the Ottoman Empire thanks to the Avvim exporting their culture and inciting rebellion within Pythium which already has an Avvim sage hero if I recall.

They'd basically be proto islam faction with Djinn and stuff, while the hydras would all be killed off.

I think the more we talk about this the more I want to work on it. The idea I had for Gath I couldn't really think of other than wanting to do something with Sheol.

The only factions I can't figure out are

Utgard, Midgard, Bogarus.Man

and my plans for Atlantis and Tienchi are basically non existent, though Tienchi is going to be a continuation of the Empire basically taking the role LA Arco does now play wise. Atlantis is harder though, they're still land bound I think in this world but I dont know how to make it work with what else I've written so far.

Well in LA for ten chinks they are mongols, the Khan actually went to Europe and could of conquered it, if it wasn't for the wet cold climate being inhospitable for them.

Why not consider making Ten Chinks and Man combine in a way, heavy armor mongols.
Since in man magic is dying and in Ten Chinks they value martial strength.
Or you could combine man with Pangea.

As far as Water magic Abysia goes.
You could say that the approach of the star rose tides causing a great tidal wave to sweep across the land, which ended up flooding Smouldercone.
Now instead of a mountain of fire its a mountain of steam and boiling water.

You could make their sacreds instead of having metal, have fire red coral armor grown from the lake in the volcano.
Maybe even make them amphibious, helping with the lack of water nations in the LA.

nah, make the ottomans a whole new type of civ please

steppe elites that conquer themselves large territories and forge a big multicultural empire are dope

I saw this game years ago on Steam and while I found it interesting it looked too expensive for the graphics. Is it closer to 4x or Grand Strategy? If I buy it on Gamersgate can I play with people on Steam? Is it even fun against the AI?

I'll just post what I have so far, if we think tank this I'll work on it more, but the goal right now is to only make alternate factions for those that already exist so no Pelagia/Oceania. but stuff like Nazca and Asphodel is fine because they're already alternate versions of factions.
Finally recovering from the fall of the star, the engineers of old make Da Vinci inspired machinery and the majority of their armies consist of machines. Spartan in a sense that those who are not smart enough to build and create machinery are left out in the cold to die/adopted by the Pangeans which created their human caste. gains MA Agarthas golem heal dominion, retains Astrologers. Earth/astral major, fire, Air minor (no mystics) can work in drain
Conquered by Gath human/jews, based of Turkish Empire? Proto Islam/Talmudism inspired, strong dominion push with conquest (high Inquisitor bonuses), Fire/Air/Astral, Blood, Death minor.
Freespawn nation, Undead Ctis Sauromancers+Tomb caste+absorbed Thamaturgs of Sceleria replace MA Ermor as leadership, no shades or ghosts. Retains Ermorian legions, but with LA Ctis Sacreds+Lictors. Retains Domkill however not as powerful, more emphasis on summons and priest action, retains MA castle options, Loses Air but gains Water magic
Sauromancers suppressed Ermor and became it's masters, Sceleria fell; the gates of death were not sealed, they bought the world time, and now death rides again!
Tuathas still? base off british imperialism? (gets machaka niggas)
MA Ulm +EA Ulm's magic, resource bonus in forests.
More hardcore MA Marignon, with new knights of the White shroud based off Eternal Knights which rescued Marignon in it's darkest hour. Eternal Knights are a conjuration summon, some death magic as they call upon the souls of Martyrs which get x3 damage against undead. Fire/Astral/death/ air
Enslaved Mictlan troops, lead by amphibious aboleths who create huge mutated armies. Crossbreeding bonuses + Sacred androleth soldiers, Aboleth god king pretender choice, Blood/Nature/Astral/Water
Continuation of Empire, has construction bonuses and cheaper fort upgrades because of GREAT WALL POWER
based off the Shimabarya rebellion. No Death magic, Large emphasis on Astral and elements, but fire is most prominent, Angels available, thanks to Marignon backing them up against Bakemonos, loses all Oni summons.
Something to do with Olms and Agarthans surviving? humans still around
Warlocks get driven out, adopts water magic? Abyssian oracles, humanbreds still around as old abyssians are dying out but are more prominent than LA Abyssians. Meteoric Iron+
Still ravens in some capacity, but because of Star crashing on land Caelum becomes a lot warmer so they become more involved with Death magic and Fire, no more mammoths but maybe mammoth bone enchantment spell like better version of behemoth?
Without Sauromancers to keep the slaves in check, predator lizards kill the green skins and become rulers of Ctis, still becomes a desert. Astral/Water/Nature/Death
Star wipes out a lot of Pangeans too, Centaurs become defacto leaders and adopt humans from Arco and become their leaders. focus on elemental magic, gets Sibyl, and Oreiad as con summons.
?
Niefel giants are still gone except for Illwinter, more emphasis on goblins?
Chud, Mongol/Tartar craziness since Tienchi is no longer barbarian?
With the three Rakshasi a new genesis of Kala mukha was born, murdered all vanara. Loses celestial summons, basically Neo Lanka but no blood hunting bonus, or recruit able Rakshasa's cap has +1 Blood slave, Sacred versions of Atavi, Bandar, and Markata which are demonic orgy versions, Kala-Mukha warriors make a return. Emphasis on Blood, Death, Nature, minor Earth
had no clue other than maybe they get forced into the earth, and retain their Avvim line up instead of humans. Now will have Abyssian Warlocks and new crossbreeds + new Blood Cult, focus on Blood, Death, Astral, minor Earth, Fire, Nature
La Nazca+Xibalbans?
Adopts human castes instead of toad men who don't exist in this world, more focus on death magic instead of demons since they are the realm of the underworld after all.
no clue still moves onto land before AA Rlyeh suffocates them.
Pure free spawn nation, Heavy Astral, Water, Nature, can summon Illithids and other void monsters, Polyp mothers are freespawn in territories with high dom.

Also the other nation I had would be Caelum/Xilbalba
Which isn't as serious as the Abysia/Gath one, mainly a spoof on Ragha.

The Caelum resentful of the adoption of Absyian descendants, exile themselves and go on a journey to recover the old magnificance of the Raptors.

They find a great mountain with an extensive cave system, in these caves are Zots that have been far removed from Xilbalba after the events in the MA.
Seeing flying creatures with black wings leads Caelum to explore the caves encountering the cast offs of Xilbalba.
The bats seeing burd people with white wings, and the Burds seeing flying creatures with black wings ends up with both revering what they lack.

I don't really know what the magic paths would be, have no idea about the units, and the bats cold bloodiness is difficult given Caelum's cold preference.
Probably fire and astral scales for Xilbalba, and Water and air for Caelums.
No Hybrid units, but the sacred guards for both units lore wise, protect the priest mages of the other race.
So Xilbalba units with Ice armor, and no cold bloodiness, maybe Berserk saying their blood runs hot enough from the rage of their exile not forgotten.
Then Caelum sacreds who purposely blind themselves (so blind sight), heat resistance and awe after theft of the sun is cast.

The other possibility would be with Nazca/xilbalba LA, where remainder of the condors find Bats and consider themselves long lost siblings due to their black wings.
They would be more willing to do this, after Condors were exile for their dark wings, and Xilbalba being expelled or enslaved by invaders, making similarities the grounds for brotherhood.

Though hybridization is impossible without blood magic, they have turned to mummification, so when the top Xilbalba mage dies and the top Nazca mage dies, they become a mummy Mallqui symbolic of the cooperation of two different but similar races.

The idea I have is not expressly to combine nations like Ragha does, but to create new nations under different circumstances out of what is already there.

See what I wrote for Bogarus and Tienchi, that works more for them I think.

I've played 400 hours against the AI, however after playing Multi I can no longer do it.
So don't play multi until you're done with single player.

The game in my opinion is definitely worth it, this is my books is one of the greatest strat and tactics game around, as well as personally one of my GOATs.

The variety of nations, the deep lore, spell and troop balance (minus certain spells and nations) is great.

That wasn't my intent.
I like combining Abysia and Gath due to their proximity to each other and I love seeing enemies throughout the ages fuck their own shit up and realize that the enemy they had for years has always had the potential to be their greatest ally (makes it even better its literal jews)

Then I liked Xilbalba/Nazca(or caelum) because they both fly, have black wings and have been ostracized for it, OR with Caelum because I like the idea of two different races being considered sacred to the other.
Of course one nation but with units that have synergy despite historical and evolutionary differences.

Also for this mod would you be just editing existing sprites, or coming up with your own.

Also, also, for that undead Mammoth, consider something like Gath's Memories of Stone, lower health, much higher protection and pierce resist for smashing spear lines, that are pretty popular in LA.

As far as spriting goes I'd do both making original+editing existing ones.

Also the flooding idea could still work as far as Abyssia goes, making it's Cap coastal and giving it Atlantean bottom caste, and Abyssian Sacred Caste, +what I've written already

Shattered Soul Grigori also works out since I still want to base Gath in Sheol and make them a cave based nation rather than what they have already.

AA Caelum would still be raptors, I think but the Ragha replacement nation could still work as Seraph/cast off Xibalbans instead of the Raptor/Xibalbans. or perhaps all three, in a way that is reminiscent of EA Caelum but with sympathetic Xibalbans as Xibalba becomes more and more about death instead of the sun replacing the Raptors who were just dick heads anyway.

Atlantis as a nation I still think has to be stand alone some how from everyone else, they need the idea of a super weapon because AA Rlyeh is just like a giant borg mass assimilating the ocean floor.

AA Agartha is weak too as an idea, though perhaps them being forced out of the caves some how because of the meteor makes for a new nation where the Agarthans still survive above land with the aid of the humans that invaded them during the war of the surface world.

Well since the falling of the Rlyeh Star effects so many why not make Agartha be the ones who find a cast off of the meteor/star and start new Golems from the material or armor and weapons, maybe a nation that can use bane weapons without being OP.
Possibly recruitment limits given the meteorite lore wise would be an limited resource.

If Gath does become a cave nation their blood summons which are way under utilized like Shedim could be switched over to Cave only instead of waste only which I fucking hate as some/most multi maps have ONE waste province.

I don't really know what to suggest for Atlantis though, maybe they find a remainder of EA Atlantis one that didn't lose the Basalt queens and kings and now have FUCK HUGE shamblers or something.
Really not many ideas for them as I have not played enough of them to really know their lore extensively.

Also if you want to work on this mod together I can help with the writing of the lore and help with sprite work.

I can handle both writing and sprite work, but if I need help with the sprites I'll ask

also your idea for Atlantis is actually very good I think, it can also retain it's under water status as a nation of under water giants.

another idea I had for Agartha in relation to the star falling is them attaining enlightenment since Agartha is from buddhism anyway, and just making agartha the inheritors of the celestial summons the monkey nations normally get.

If you're trying to solve the lack of nation diversity in LA, why not also experiment with dividing nations?
You can get 2 nations out of Marignon by having some impatient/isolated masters turning to blood and (((accidentally))) starting a demon cult, give it blood dominion like EA Mictlan, and stealthy priests that drive up unrest with all their demon crazyness.
Definitely cut them off from all the Marignon summons except fallen angels and harlequins, maybe give them a corrupted eternal knight summon to mirror the normal Marignon.

I can see this going someplace interesting.

That would be simpler but would it be better?

I'm a top-tier writer but if you got it you got it, I'll just have to make my own mod, however my experience its easier to have two people work in a community to make one mod for compatibility reasons, quicker fixes covering when someone is away, and pushing each other to actually complete the mod.
I would really like for us to have our own board mod.

The pretender choice could be a monstrous blob of several smashed, liquefied and burnt divine entities.
Which is still benevolent given is a repulsive monstrosity of merged divines, when you take the very first letter of each line in the flavor text it say's "KILL ME"

Im also a top tier writer, but you know what right now lets just spitball stuff.
I don't actually know much about Dom modding, but I know from sharing my other project works with other people it often turns into a fight with those people I'll invite in and they insist too much on their own ideas.

I think enlightened Agarthans works out OK, and I dont want to make more nations than already exists for LA despite the fact it has less than any other age currently.

now for AA Man I want to do what I always wanted to do as a mod but I knew was impossible because of how Independents work. and that is subjugation of other nations and getting their troops, so the idea there is AA Man is based off british imperialism and the nations special is when they capture another nations capital and they build a temple a new site gets created based off the national sites that allows for some of that nations troops to be created from that capital only, + 1 lesser mage.

The idea for AA Man is to be a sailing nation that conquers all others and assimilates them to their god, but keeps their cultures, as far as troops go and the lore dealing with avalon I don't have that figured out 100% but so far I like the idea that the humans of Man are so haughty in their conquering of the Tuathas they want to go out and conquer the world.

Also it's not that the star carries benevolent celestial s, it's just that it's astral influence causes the Agarthans mind's to expand and they become meditative and reflect upon the history of their race. At this point there are no more ancient ones, but the divine splendor of the Devatas reaches them and they realize that the death of their race is actually not the end and they become one with the awakening god

I really don't care too much about my ideas. I'll probably never actually make a mod so my opinions are moot, I really wanted to make an Abysian/Gath based nation but as you are working on that on top of more nations if I did make mine, your would be used instead of more nations.
So I'm not really motivated to work on just one nation mod, and if you don't want to collaborate there, I can't force you to accept my help.

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant, just the other user mentioned literal divines being carried, so the idea of the meteor smashing through the celestial sphere, carrying with an abomination of merged celestial crashing and then being worshiped by a civilization that was founded by a blobby earth woman seemed neat.

Well if you put it that way, then you can help. I'm just very guarded about who I work with and I'm sure it would help me keep motivated to do this.

Besides I'm going to use some of your ideas anyway especially in regards to Atlantis and other crap, right now though I basically have everything set in terms of faction lore for this after talking about it in this thread and brain storming new ideas.

The only thing that remains is utgard and midgard, which are going to be the hardest in a way because most of norse mythology is already covered completely throughout the other ages, including the as of yet unreleased EA Muspelheim faction. The only idea I have so far is in Midgard there is just 0 trace of Vans remaining but the Dwarves are still hanging out there instead, and AA Midgard is the third faction with Meteoric Iron, and about true mortal heroism with superior magical arms.

I've never really gotten into any of the Nordic nations, though I do know quite a bit about Norse Mythology.

Since its LA, something regarding Ragnarok and the end of the God's could work? Seeing as the giants and not elves are gone.

Since its a Giant nation, and Norse why not have it based around Loki escaping his imprisonment and freeing his children.

Hel could be a random hero.
Fenrir could be as well, and he could have Children of Fenrir be recrutiables.

But I would have to actually play them and read all the lore to really give any real suggestions.
I would start working on the mod, in not any true sense but to acclimate yourself with it, so you can then apply that to what you want for nations and how you could make that come to fruition.

Also if you don't already have it Illwinter has a mod manual.

I thought about it being about "bringing about Ragnarok" and being like a cult kind of thing, but I figured that Ragnarok would be more of a Muspelheim thing seeing as how the fire giants lead by Surtr are the ones who burn the world. Though it does start with Fimbulwinter, which could be a stronger version of Illwinter, which already references it, however the sun is supposed to be swallowed and the world is covered with darkness.

I suppose it can be "one half of Ragnarok" still even if there are no fire giants yet and the Ragnarok cult can bring about the end of the world by getting it started and awakening the jormungandr and Fenrir.

In ragnarok dead humans return from Valhalla to become Heroes of Ragnarok.
So maybe Illwinter can also provide extra PD defense depending on dominion when the global is cast.

Also do you have a paint program you would recommend for sprite editing?

Also here is a link of all the sprites extracted from the game, also I'm going to use Gimp for the sprites unless you have something else that you find works better.

Im old school spriter and use Graphics Gale, Gimp works fine though, and at worst you only have to animate 2 frames. which makes this a hell of a lot easier to sprite for than other stuff I do.

As far as Ragnarok goes and Illwinter, my idea so far developing for Utgard is that it's the Jotun realizing that they're going extinct, along with the Van's who also realizing they're going extinct intermarry once more leading to a new race of half giants, which is what Loki is anyway back at the very beginning when the two races lived closely to eachother.

The actual giants and Vans will be limited recruitment per month from cap, and getting to the actual Ragnarok will be a B9 spell, which will be an improved version of Illwinter, with Darkness, and have random attacks of Draugs as well and battles will always have an Enrage effect going on constantly world wide so no one can retreat and will just fight to the death at the end times.

Or something like that; Fenrir will be a Blood Summon, and so will the other two beasts fathered by Loki.

I was making stuff too, then I remembered I had 6 throne points and only needed 2 more.

Just put up Enchanted Forests, so you were going to get dom killed and/or swarmed anyway.

Well you got Ut handled.
My only suggestion is blood alternatives, maybe hel as fire or death summon.
Other then being a vicious wolf that grows endlessly is fenrir necessarily a blood summon?

I forgot the fucking link wew
moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/dominions-403-sprite-dump

The sprite numbers don't match the ones on dom inspector which is a pain, but all nations of the same type are in a row.
So you can find things quickly by skipping 500 numbers. I found Hinnom at 4600

It only works in forests and does less dom kill then Blasphemy.
Thanks for dispelling your ocean enchantment though.

Fólkvangr opens up and you get a nation of undead Vanir. LA Helheim, in other words.

Every forest spreads dominion, it doesn't just raise dominion in forests. It doesn't just attack forests, either.

Also, it is a vanilla global, not some meme-mod bullshit.

I want to make the Ragnarok cult special spells on par with the Grigori in terms of winning everything.

1st you need to have Illwinter cast and present before you cast Ragnarok since Fimbulwinter precedes it, and you need to have Fenrir, and Jormangund unfettered as well. Then when Ragnarok goes off all the craziness happens and gain Loki as well.

Hel can be a hero that replaces Angrboda since the angle Im working with here is since the Skratti are obsessed with awakening the rimtursar and the gyljgas just dont give a shit, they over throw them as the leaders since Illwinter hasn't happened yet, Then Hel shows up and teaches them about Ragnarok, and they OK the vans intermarrying with them to create the new giant race which I haven't really figured out the name for, but looking at the names of the giant races of norse myth her Thursar seems fine enough.

Oh good then I really don't have to worry.
Still fight me fggt

Are they really that good, I've only used them in single and they are probably the best SC chassis but still as single unit SC.
I've never encountered them in multi though.

First draft of the Melqart abysia thing.
The gold is going to be for the prohet like when your make a warlock/demonbred a prophet.

Its easier to work backwards from a normal melqart.
Got to change the color of the shield and fix the color of the leg pieces.
May make the sword an axe to along more with Abysia, change the shield motiff.

As far as that faction goes, the working name for it will be Gehenna. It will retain the Ashdod blood summons from Sheol, but lose the astral summons, but regain Grigori. As for the name of these new Rephaite Hybrids, Satans will do just fine; and it serves the purpose of the nation which becomes totally antagonistic and destructive to further glorify the Rephaite cult of old. The only thing that really remains of Abyssia for Gehenna is their knowledge of crossbreeding, in this case the Satans are demon bred made with the last of the rephaites from Ashdod I'd think.

Anyway as far as modding goes, Im starting with the Aboleth nations first, Mictlan and Rlyeh; This mod really started as a joke of EA Rlyeh being such an unplayable nation they'd have to use a wish spell to avert their fate, and so the alternate age is a result of that.

8WIZARDS WILL BE ON A HIATUS AS Y'S IS GOING ON A TRIP, 3 DAYS

Also the best thing about the Grigori besides Invul 30 and their good magic paths is that at the start of every battle the enemies commanders have to face a morale check or be instantly corrupted and join you.

While Satan originally comes from Hebrew, I find it too heavily associated with Christian mythology.
Bael, would work which is just an alternative spelling of Baal.

Asmodai would also be a pretty good name.
I'm just pulling things from the list of Solomons demons.

You're right I forgot all about that.

They're already Baal's though, which is just Lord. and Ashmedai is already a Demon lord you can summon in game
Satan means Adversary/enemy anyway; all of the jew giants are banished and sent to Gehenna which is jew hell.

The Avvim will probably play more of a role in Ottoman Pythium; while the Satans of Gehenna rule over human bred slaves + avvim slaves, and whatever kind of corrupted hosts that will be dreamt up in the mean time; I imagine having a recruitable sacred version like in EA hinnom, that is similar but has wings or something and is Str like the Sirrush. but really when it comes to play testing and mechanics we can sort that out later.

I was thinking two sacreds for them like Gath's sacreds work.
Big giants sacreds cap only.
While normal sacreds can be built in fort and temple.

I wouldn't agree with wings for the big sacreds, as that was a from their crossbreeding with devils.
I was thinking berserk, heavy armor giants, maybe with heat.
Or something else, its just hard to justify something as good as flying giants as well.

I just want to have an idea as to what we're going for as I'll probably get started working on some units immediately.

Lemon stealing whores!
Why'd I ever start my first ever game as early Arcos, so mundane compared to something like Vanheim and so little room for nub me to work something out

well since you're so enthusiastic I'll write something up for Gehenna after I do AA Mictlan since what Im doing is lore + troops + spells, + play style frame work.

I'll make those the first two to focus on.

EA Arco is a lot of fun, pegasi knights kick ass, and you get chariots to run people over. not to mention easy rain of stones casting and you get hard to siege castles in EA where everyone has forts at best.

I liked the idea of trampling chariots and Fay Riders though even if I used Wind Riders for attacking rear they all still collapse to other flying units (I paired up against Caelum my first game what luck) Though my losing the dominion and province was due partly to my magic-less run as I didn't make use of mystics for the magic they had, and just stood at home researching construction or something, and dumping a lot of money on pegasi for running missions against the AI, instead of something they'll survive like Independent raiding

I will forget that first game of wonder and awe quickly but what a time of testing this game out ,against difficult AI nontheless

Nigga, I'm all for you taking care a majority of things, I'll differ to you for the majority, but the ONLY race I need to have some creative input is Hinnom/abysia, as that was got me to want to mod.

You can do 100% writing, and everything else for all the other nations, this is the only one I really want to have some influence on and I mean influence, not me screaming autistically of things I want.

I'll still do the sprite work you don't want to do for all of them, as I enjoy it.

Here's the draft I have for Satans, replaced the sword, gave some JEWellery to the neck, darkened the shield, fix the feet and legs, and tightened up the armor some more.

You'll find the AI to be static and boring super fast. Single player is only useful for testing expansion parties in the first year; as the AI will never be clever enough to manipulate the game as even the newbiest player of dom4 will be.

that's fine, but I'd really like to see these giants as either being giant devils that have a horn attack instead of a spiky tail, and a length 6 Trident attack, also wings. I mean these guys I'd imagine really are going to be what us mortals would perceive as the great and terrible satan; even if a different name is decided upon later on. The armor looks nice, and I think you could easily crop the wings off one of the bat gods to be used for them, if they're downsized a tad; but maybe make a version without wings if after play testing they turn out to be too strong even with Str. Though there should be a Satan mage with wings, and I think the Nephil sprite edited with some wings would do just the job

the only real influence the Abyssian warlocks have is, as magic users. and the creators of these demon blooded races that for the most part usurped them. What Im trying to find out right now is if Levy Slaves isn't so hard coded that I can turn the slaves into the sinners from coe4 with fire resistance, because that would be really useful for this nation.

after that Im going to bed, Im burnt out thinking about this and I need to move some stuff to my new place tomorrow.

I'm alright with a mage with wings, its useful and with health it can be a decent SC, but is not overpowered.
My other concern with giant combat commanders that have wings is if you use the right bless, you basically already have flying SC super thugs and the Grigori only add the 30 invulnerable and temptation.

Which is great, but if you have someone who is countering your flying super thugs then they can counter Grigori.

I'm looking at the Kohen for a flying mage, the staff and stance would work with a trident.

We can still DO a giant flying SC, but preferably it can be a summon so its not too powerful off the bat.
I've already looked at a few sprites and for a large Giant with a trident the hero units for EA Hinnom would be good to use.

Sheds could also be subsituted for a devil.
They are size 3 so kind of like giants, already have horns which can be made bigger, and I can give them the upper torso of a demon to make them have the goat lower body.

If I can't make Levy Slaves work, I think Gehenna might just be a psuedo freespawn nation with domsummon units to get lots and lots of Sinner chaff, while the main recruits are expensive demon breds of varying strength, with the Satans being the sacreds.

I've already decided that it's going to require blood sacrifices to spread dominion, however like Ragha it's temples give you gems (in this case blood slaves) while the temples remain as expensive as Gaths. I think it will work out fine; as far as an extra summon goes Im thinking about giving them LA Marignons fallen angel summon in addition to Grigori being available.

It's really going to be a nation of you have a few strong mages to do all the heavy lifting surrounded with hordes of sinners, and a few demon shock groups; definitely more vulnerable earlier, but really starts to shine midgame and basically impossible to beat once Grigori are unlocked end game.
So far it's research level is not the best though, the Abyssian (Satanic) warlocks are still going to be pretty expensive, and they're going to be the adepts only as the elder warlocks except for one which will be a hero will have all been slaughtered by Basalt Abyssians.

As far as Sheds go I don't feel like messing with them, even though they're pretty good and until we get terrain modifying spells you're just going to have to deal with it :P

HEY MIDGARD THANKS FOR THE CAPITAL

If the temples give you blood slaves why not make sinners cheap early game summonables like Ganas for Lanka?

I'm worried about it being a nation of too many aspects.
They got free spawn, blood sacrificing needed for Dom push, late game summons, heavy thugs, flying mages.

It's just too many good things, which most mod nations fall under.
I'm all for the Satan's or whatever however I don't think they should be a main line unit.
A summonable would be great because you can do what you want without worrying about balancing it for a recruitable unit.

As far as the recruitables go, I was thinking.
Commanders

Troops

SUMMONS
The reason I was bringing up the Sheds was that they have a lower half of a goat, like satan, and horns and wings.
I could just work with the devil sprite to make them, so they would be trident wielding, devils with goat legs.

You could also make the sinners like Supayas, or vampire lords, where a commander can call allies with would be sinners?

It isn't really too many good things; when Im making these factions Im already basing them off preexisting factions with slight tweaks. This is going to be a faction that is expensive as hell. the Sinners I was also thinking could be summoned like a Wolf Herd does for LA Ulm's wolves, which I think makes sense if I can't do levy slaves; which Im under the impression reduces pop As far as troop line up goes, there isn't going to be any ranged units it's going to take on the heavy armour aspect of the Abyssians, but the units will be far more mobile. This faction is turning out to be more of a hybrid of abyssia/Mictlan but with giants, though If I really wanted to go the extra mile I'd just make it so that all vanilla devils and demons are sacred to Gehenna.

As far as the Satans go, the whole point of them being Str and of this world has to deal with the Warlocks creating a "Lake of Fire" which is really like a breach to inferno that they use for their experiments, with the Satans being directly mutated by it and their blood magic.

Please no, that would be so OP.
Well if their giants in heavy armor they will be more mobiles solely for the movement bonus granted to their size.

Why not make a spell that allows a mage to become a Satan through a spell?
It could work like Ashdod banquet where the mage "sacrifices himself" but for lore reasons that would be him making himself into a Satan by the powers of hell.

Or whatever we can make a STR unit, I'm just against them being combat oriented as well as having high magic scales.

I actually don't think it would be that bad if it was just inferno units (Devils, Imps, Demon Knights), not abyss, or kokytos. I mean look at Mictlan who has like 12 different types of sacred units, including the super good Jaguar fiends.

Why not give them unique demons? I can make some more demons that are close to the demons of solomon, and I really want to play around with the shed and shedim.

Could you imagine imps or fire imps with B9 bless?
You could summon 40+ fire imps for 20 slaves, which all have fire shield AND blood vengeance.

Plus demon lords and heliphagus would be insane to the point of broken with a heavy bless.

Devils, Imps, and Hell Hounds sounds like enough, + Se'ir, Sheds will remain unsacred, oh and the fallen angels are sacred as well.

I never intended with what I said though to make the demon lords sacred, since they're already anathema to pretender gods. And they'll have the Grigori again.

Other than that, I don't see this nation as being able to research very quickly on it's own it's going to be very expensive as I stated before, you'll either have to decide at pretender creation whether you want to expand and manage yourself quickly to ward of potential attacks and gather demons quicker with the extra gold you get from capturing provinces, or go for a large bless and hope you don't get overrun by lots of smaller units before you can raise a competent army.

Because it is still LA essentially, and hordes of chaff Sinners + the 5 or so giants you get a turn, in the first 14 or so turns (assuming +3 prod scales) is not going to be able to do shit against something like AA Ulm, or anyone other faction that can quickly recruit a large amount of decent units and doesn't have to rely on magic so much. where almost everyone has a prot of 14 or minimum even the Tridents the chaff sinners get which is slightly better than a spear is not going to penetrate as well when they're unarmoured and getting slaughtered by like 5 calvaries and whatever guys the enemy decided to bring.

Assuming as well you did take a large bless, and went for Flaming Imps w/b9 they're still going to be very vulnerable to banish spam which is an easy counter to get even with blood vengeance procs; and at that point you'll either be blood hunting your capital and STILL needing to sacrifice at the same time thus bleeding more money. Even with the gem trickle rate of Ragha temples it's not going to be enough to supplement which is like 1 gem a turn per 6 temples.

That's the opposite of what they are now though, currently sheds and se'ir are sacred.
Which is why I was suggesting custom demons, it would give them more distinct style, make more sense for the sacred.

I mean Marignon literally has a culture based around devil worship and the devils still aren't sacred.
Everything else seems fine.

Does banishment circumvent blood vengeance?
I was under the impression that poison, decay and things like that avoided blood vengeance.

The Se'ir will remain sacred, the Sheds arent though which is what I said.

While Marignon does have a culture based around devil worship, they're just dipping their toes in the water really. Consider this; Ermor is not defeated so easily and makes its way to Ctis in AA, which we can just reasonably assume is near ashdod, since they're supposed to be based off egypt/israel anyway. A reenactment of the second war of Judea commences where they lose their temple and all of the priests are slaughtered by Ermor's undead legions and are abandoned by the celestial powers, thus they go underground and begin worship of the watchers once more and enter a true faustian pact as they open the lake of fire with the surviving abyssian warlocks, thus beginning the genesis of the nation Gehenna.

It mimics the rise of the new satanic jew cult in our modern way of life as Rabbi's are not actually priests but more like wizards, since all of the jewish priests were killed and their temple destroyed, and with that abandonment from YHVH.

Also I know for a fact Banishment procs blood vengeance as I like to play LA Tribless Ctis often, and it works well with the tomb wyrms.

Do Marignon+Ulm; The original Ermorian faith makes it's way to Ulm and forms a bunch of knightly orders. Kind of like LA Pythium has a bunch of different cults, there are a bunch of competing knight orders in Ulm. Blacksteel Knights of the Shroud, the Order of Just Fires, a semi-heretical Iron Order that is ok with Angels, so long as they wear blacksteel and hunt witches. An illuminati/templar order that just cares about money and using holy wars as an excuse to pillage.

ABYSIA STRONK

Shimabarya is already doing that though.

You see Portuguese traders were the ones that brought Catholicism to japan a long time ago. Eventually the Shimabarya rebellion happened which ended in the christian rebels getting their ass handed to them by the Tokugawa Shogunate at the time.

Though in this case we can say it's the Jomon humans who backed by Marignon are able to defeat the Bakemono and the demonic Oni; as for what units they have I haven't really decided but I know they'll retain the Jomon summons while losing Oni, and maybe gain some angels as well.

AA Ulm is being based off a period when most of europe was deforested because they were using so up lumber too quickly before it could regrow; since the Ulmish people in MA are antithetical, they pray to the pretender god to help regrow the forests creating a new order where the balance of nature also plays a roll in war time. They're going to be based off some what off the policies of the reich who were the first people to create conservation laws and establish animal rights, they'll still retain their retinue of black steel, but will have additional nature magic and perhaps a new sacral unit as well.

Are you trying to bait me? Bait me into what, exactly? You can't really afford blood magic, unless you hunt your capital, and I have yet to throw a communion at your cap because I predicted you would spam something like bloodletting.

You can't afford to replace your losses, especially at the rate you're losing commanders. I can afford to replace losses. Thanks for the free Warlocks by the way.

Whatever. Knights are cool and a distinct facet of medieval warfare. Honestly, I don't read most of what you post, because until you actually have a working skeleton for your mod, it's not worth discussing.

When you actually post content, I'll be happy to play critic. I'll tell you what I like, what I don't like, what I think is retarded and I'll point out any bugs and balance issues I see. When it comes to issues of personal taste, you can fite me, but I know my shit when it comes to bug-finding and I have over a thousand hours of play-time, so I'm aware of a lot of the major balance concerns for this and previous versions of the game.

When I have something to play with we can blitz, you bitch nigga; in the mean time modding dom4 isn't that hard and I'm in the process of moving as well; so you'll just have to be patient.

Anyone have advice for C'Tis pretender and scales in MA? I am leaning more towards D9 E4 with solid scales and a dormant/imprisoned pretender, but I have heard that having a woke-ass pretender helps a whole lot in the early game. I'm sperging out on making a pretender for the MA8Ragnarok game and I don't want to play theorycraft until the sun melts us all

I'm Gath btw, I was just proud of my comrade for getting his shit together.

lol welp I just checked the game and there is already C'Tis, fuck my life

7/10 made me giggle

I prefer to use a Dom10 awake Myrmecoleon; the sacreds for Ctis aren't really worth it imo, but they're still useful without a bless. also Myrmecoleon still gets you scales as long as you dont try to go for a major bless.

could also try an awake n9 criosphinx if you want the bless.

Join the LA game

talk is cheap, kiddo

C'Tis benefits from strong dominion and decent income scales. They get bonus income for high dominion. Their sacreds are nothing special. Use Slave Soldiers to expand and City Guard as a meat wall to protect your skeleton spammers.

Well Vanarus may of one but I think everyone know who the true winner was here.

who? one of the nations that failed to stop Vanarus winning is the real winner, is that what you're trying to say?

you had plenty of opportunity to stop this happening. I even gave you advance notice, in case you weren't paying attention. I even told you to hurry up and take the thrones, because the game was dragging on, close to 15 turns ago.

you didn't, because you couldn't. you didn't fight Vanarus, because you were too busy fucking around.

the whole reason I picked a fight with Shinuyama, was to stop them pulling what I just did. I told everyone still in the game "I'm fighting Shinuyama, because they're going to take enough thrones to win, very soon." They almost got away with it.

you should have realized that with Shinuyama out of the way, Vanarus was in a perfect position to follow through for a throne win. I just let myself get distracted summoning vampires and storm demons.

I take no pleasure or gratification from winning. It was inevitable. I'm very happy that you're so triggered though, almost makes the game worth it.

Why are you talking about yourself in third person?
Your discussing vanarus as if it wasn't you an identity crisis?
Also reddit spacing?

I sent a message to everyone, that I wanted to go to war with someone.
The never happened, I never got an offer.
Scalaria went afk and ended up stalling.
Asphodel did nothing.

You went silent didn't say anything then invaded two of my provinces and gave me a three turn notice when I'm on the other side of the map.
There was exactly 3 turns before it happened, in that I retaliated in 1 turn when I thought it was finally deciding to do something.
Then gated in armies on turn 2 while moving a poorly equipped thug to your throne.
Then turn three you won.

Why the hell do you play if your strategy is going to be to bore people to death?
Because that's what happened, you along with me and asphodel at up Shinu's territory.
Then no one did anything, you never hinted at battle.

Several times I have asked people to battle so we can learn and have fun instead of people leaving the game and stalling out.

Which is what ends up KILLING the community is boring shit.

Its not like I was asking you to do anything I haven't done before.
Twice now I have stalled taking thrones indefinitely to have fun fighting someone else.

Once in a Silent Seas throne while playing Y's, once as Gath in LaTermAbortion.
Both games I fought with my opponent learning a lot and having fun until victory was assurred or both parties got bored.

The point is to have fun and become a better player not to bore people to death then jerk off over your victory.
Also more sprite work

You sound autistic

Here's a thought, if you wanted a war, why didn't you start one? If you were in a dominant position, why didn't you flex your muscle? Were you waiting for permission?

You set up the game, I'm assuming, so why would you include thrones if you wanted to play conquest? Bitching about someone winning the game by the conditions you set, is retarded. If you don't like throne victories, don't make or play games with thrones. It's not complicated.

I'm not jerking off over my win. You brought it up, along with the asserting that someone else really won the game. I'm asking who you thought won the game, if not the actual winner? You're the one with their panties in a twist over losing.

what the fuck is reddit spacing?

where do you think we are?

Thats were you're wrong, I didn't set up the game. The thrones I didn't decide, I was trying to make the best out of a bad situation, since Shinu went AI.

I was only making bantz, it was 16 words long.
In return you wrought a poorly formatted double spaced high schooler paragraph of how I was the one triggered.

The way you're going, your going to join a noob game wipe two people at turn 16, and end the game at turn 32, while everyone who is just trying the game is asking what the fuck happened.
And like Ulm you will probably kill yourself out of shame.

Anyway I'm going to bed, only stayed up to do my Shitshow turn.
Calm down its not good for your diabetes.

no you wrote a blogpost about how boring games kill 'the community' and how it is somehow badwrong to end a game that was getting stale, instead of letting it drag on longer. all the while, hinting that you would have won the game if I played the way you wanted me to. whatever, I'm glad it's over and done with.

I don't care about winning or losing. if I did, I would not join anonymous games. the size of my e-peen is meaningless here, because I'm not a namefag and I abhor namefag culture. I can tell you from experience, that if you want to get better at any competitive game, playing against a range of more skilled or more experienced people will force you to get good. hugboxing and spoonfeeding does not make people better, it makes them lazy. I've lost dozens of games of dominions 3. yet to lose a dominions 4 game, but it will happen. I probably won't ever lose to you, but someone will beat me, that's a guarantee. I'm not going to cry about it when it happens. not much, anyway.

You've lost several dom4 games you big dummy; man what is with you?

The fact you took this long to win via thrones is what I find funny; you should had been able to take them as soon as Shinyu went AI

I've assure you you've lost at least once to me, but its anonymous so you claim you haven't, I'm still pretty convinced you're Ten Chinks from LA abortion.
You took forever to claim the thrones, my guess is you were going to war got cold feet.

Remember when I slapped your shit in for discussing attacking me with Shinu.
That was pretty funny, you shut up and got real quite after that.

You won because you were the closest to a person that went AI, that's it.
I had a mountain range to pass and was located on the other side of the map making getting there difficult.

You know this is true which is why you are so defensive.
So according to you, avoiding combat, fighting the AI in a multiplayer game, and losing every major conflict against a human opponent is making you a better player?

Meanwhile two players deciding to fight against each other not worrying about victory but trying new strats is a hugbox?

Wew, lad.
I'm not going to suggest that you stop playing with us, but I can tell you're going to end up like Ulm, in a self initiated exile from the shame of being a try hard and damaging the community.

Though Ulm was 1/4th the faggot you were and at least could take the bantz without going into an autistic rage

Are you talking about MA Ulm from the same game? that was my irl friend and his first game ever

Anyway you take yourself too seriously man, honestly I think the only reason why you like to 'wait' and have big battles is because you only play the jew factions and want to get your big summons out :^)

No the other experienced player besides me who hosted half the games and made half the OP's.

He ended up quitting after joining a noob game steam rolling people who were still learning, then claiming throne in turn 32.
Hopefully he comes back eventually because he was a pretty good player and in comparison was a pretty chill dude.

Says the guy who flew off the handle over a 16 word post.

Oh I don't think I played Ulm except for that one LA game with slow research; so I don't know how you figured to call me that.

But maybe you should stop being such an aggravated nerd towards people; I'm sure I could had beaten Vanarus if I didn't have to take care of a happening for the month or so I was gone, but he still won fair and square.

That C'tis was a massive cunt that game.

My bad nigga I thought you were 235ef2
I wasn't calling you Ulm, when I thought you were Vanarus, I was comparing him to Ulm who quite the community who was also Ctis in our scrub game.

He won because Shinu quit, I wouldn't felt that I won if I was in the same situation so its hard for me to view someone who never fought against a human player as "winning"

Yeah but at least he felt bad about it. Sure he denied any fault at first.

I was Ctis and Shinuyama.

Then what was Ulm's problem?
He went on about how he is to analytical then days later claimed he was leaving the games.

Requiring us to find a replacement for Y's, and ruining the MA game.

My line of work requires me to sometimes suddenly leave for extended periods of time; I didn't want to leave any of my games, but from what I've read it looks like Rlyeh went AI in that game anyway right? that's worse than me having to pickup and leave right away; as I at least gave the chance to find replacements where it mattered.

Anyway In regards to new people I think games should be run without so many mods; stuff like chocolate thrones is way too upsetting in a game where someone can capture a good throne and start recruiting banes or size 4 air elementals right off the hop and swell with power.

Magic enhanced while fun is also really broken in a lot of respects; the only one I see that is worth having all the time is worthy heroes which is more like an unofficial patch at this point, maybe Summod as well.

This bugged me so much, he failed a few attacks then just quit, why was he so surprised and upset by losing when he admitted to having no experience?
The AI is doing a pretty good job though.

Yeah I don't disagree even though I'm currently summoning 3 Earth Elementals a turn from the Throne of Earth.

Also agree, though ME adds so many spells that should be in the game already.
Summod I would say should always be there, it makes certain factions actually playable.

I'll change things around for the LA game.
IF ANYONE WOULD ACTUALLY JOIN THE FUCKING LA GAME

I was wondering where those EEs came from.

I might join the LA game as C'tis again :^)
the only reason I pulled off what I could last time was because I lucked on getting a throne with extra death gems that enabled me to spam lizard kings way easier than normal

I have too many, hard to move them out.
Requesting
cantholdalltheseearthelementals.png

I'd definitely join once successor of a shitshow is done and the way things are going the game will still be waiting for player by then.

Stop its depressing, I remember when games would fill up in a day.

seems like a nooby question but when training over the province's resource limit does the resource carry over? even if it has a negative value for that turn I assume it will carry over to the next turns resource count

Here's my first win btw, the culmination of two or three testing games against difficult AI

I've only done that for commanders, so I assume it's the same for troops, I guess that way you could set up a que to produce certain units 1 turn, then a different load of units another turn without having to revisit the castle.

but that's already the case…so yeah

Yes, if you are able to make only half a units resource cost the next turn what you put into it previously is discounted.

The brokenness is half the fun, the entire point of the game is gods duking it out, and mythologies are nothing if not stacked full of broken shit.
Pics and link related.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_(weapon)

therodos here requesting 72 hour extension.

wont have internet until tuesday thank you.

Host of llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MA8Ragnarok here, I might just drop off summod and magic enhanced and swap nations, do you lads have any thoughts about that?

Yes, that has been requested before.
Apparently the compatibility between sunmod and ME is not great and there is a new ME version.

got it.

Yeah when I play it on single it always causes issues.
Either go with summod or ME but not both.

ALSO VERY FEW GAMES GOING RIGHT NOW ANYONE WANT AN EA GAME

Any specific things you've seen that were a problem? I'm looking at the next few patches being content-lite and balance-focused.

Keep in mind, if you remove the first unit in the queue next turn, you don't get the leftover resources back to use on another unit, even if you re-add the same unit.

Does this game have a worthwhile singleplayer?

Not really, since there isn't a campaign mode per se, only a skirmish mode against the AI.

Single Player is good until you play Multiplayer.

I've put in 300-400 hours at least in single.

Done this many a time, good thing there is a reset turn option.

DED GAME
E
D
G
A
M
E

Therodos is back, and ready to kill you all.

You wouldn't hurt a big oni would you?

If I removed your Mempo would you die?

It would be extremely painful.

Also I quit the /domg/ game I was in, I missed 3 turns because the faggot admin didn't give me an extension even though I could had emailed in one of those turns at a friend's place yesterday.

That being said I hope we get the MA or LA game going soon, I'm going to start using the more handicapped/difficult nations so new guys can use the easier ones.

Which game wasn't stalled for you?
I thought I stalled the EA game? Or are you talking about half-chan?

Join the MA game AND the LA game.
The MA game will launch probably this week while the LA game will probably still be filling up by then.

It was a half chan game I joined, Lucky_Thirteen. I was playing Lemuria, and my entire game was compromised because of those 3 turns I missed so I just went AI.

Also Therodos is unplayable without Summod now, I'm Jotunheim in the MA game and the LA Game I'm going to join as MAN instead of Ctis because I don't feel like torturing myself with all the micro involved with LA Rlyeh.

If we do another EA game I'll probably let someone pick the faction for me (which means they'll probably pick EA Rlyeh, which is fine as long as Summod is involved) or I'll do Hinnom assuming you don't jew it up again; or I could reprise my role as Oceania which is an awful nation almost as unplayable as EA Rlyeh

Next EA game I'm going Berytos. Hinnom is too hit and miss for me.
I know it gets rid of the recruitment limits for the dancers but does it break anything else.

My problem with theredos is their insanely easy expansion.
Even playing against them in SP is a pain as they span half the map by year 2.

TBH I haven't tried "live" Therodos again with Summod, I played it originally before Illwinter listened to the ill advice from the posters on Desura about training the dancers in pairs thing, which I protested.

Spectral version is still OK with and without summod, however Summod really makes things a lot easier since you can still take a bless if you want, and waters of Stygia is a god send instead of having to wait till Evo 8 to be able to make the damn Telkhines in the first place.

early expansion though is really all they have, you have to be in everyone's good graces or you'll get crushed easily; which is easy to do if you can buy everyone off with cheaply made magic items, but if you lose your early land fort then you really have to pray you're not at someones mercy under the ocean which will make for a long boring game as you slowly research and hope you got the few death sites under the sea to rack up those philosophers.

Regarding Hinnom though, their sacreds suck, and I have an innovative strategy I'd like to try.

I forgot to mention you do also have some of the best recruit able mages in EA, but you can easily get destroyed if you miss step

This is what drives me up a fucking wall.
Their sacreds are worse then the MA sacreds, which makes no sense from the lore as the blood of the Raphaim is supposed to be weaker not stronger.

Hinnom is based around the Melqarts and Ba'als, which is why summod makes Melqart recruitable outside of capital.

But that's half the game, sure you are losing income from death but early on we are talking maximum gold efficiency, your freespawn can take provinces, your sacreds almost never die, and you don't have much to spend on as far as recruiting goes.

You have a point that they struggle against other Water nations I would imagine largely EA rlyeh as they can hit all your units with astral spells and mind blasts.

Early game unless you have a rival water nation you are almost guaranteed to see at least the midgame.
As goblets or manuals of water breathing aren't available until research 4 and even then aren't going to have magic support until late game.

Unless of course its on land, but ethereal units are bretty good at holding forts.

Which one the dwarf or lady?
Personally I find Brides in Waiting to be the best EA mages.

Both together, and Melias are great, and Kaberoi are also essential and easy to boost, you just get a lot of easy magic power right away., the Brides are also very good though for the paths and forging they get though.

And Shed summoning ofc

Its funny that Berytos and Jews have same summonings yet Berytos is the only ones able to reliably summon the shed is Berytos the jew worshipers not the actual jews.
Also their Melqart's have a chance of having air magic.
I wish the Brides had astral so they could have both cross path forge boosters, earth blood gem and crystal coin, but that would probably gimp them more by making them susceptible to magic duels.

It would be very dishonrabu!

As normal, a new turn rolls and we're the first ones in; and I agree about the shed thing, but with the pretender choices for Hinnom I still wouldn't bother taking Air magic. It's a shame the Shed's aren't sacred, because then you could just do b9 and be done with it since strength increases the lightning damage

Also I see your Shikome army Yomi, we'll see how well they do after Im finished busting Niefelheim's door down.

Whoever is hosting the new MA game you should consider launching tomorrow.

If I do I should probably set a smaller map.

yeah but don't go to crazy, its fine if people have a little breathing room.

I see we got a Xibalba player as well now; that should be fun.

Anyway you guys are going to have to figure out how to work together to beat Therodos if you want to have any chance of winning, I'm not going for a thrones victory.

Every single one of those fortresses is a tomb stone where the dead shall rise to drag you beneath the waves, until the entire world is nothing more than a graveyard! Basically you're on a time limit since my dominion is now on par with Ermors in terms of pop kill, and I still haven't unlocked Telkhines

wew lad

Thread doesn't seem dead to me, so why don't you join a game instead?

[spoiler]because I only pirated the game on an older version and have been watching youtube videos of this game for 2 years instead of playing

2 years

;_;

2 motherfucking years, where has the time gone, I am fucking 23 years old, user

kill me, hug me[/spoiler]

I can't stand watching youtube videos of people playing games, especially something like Dom4.

Im 25, and I only just moved into my first place on my own (previously lived with friends ofc, but fuck that living with others really teaches you who they are)

Just shell out the 30 bucks to get the game and join the MA and LA games, the MA game will start soon so play with whatever faction you like best. My advice to you and ANYONE THAT IS NEW is test your build for 1 ingame year (12 turns) to expand, figure out expansion. Your aim should be 15 provinces minimum in 12 turns and a Fort by turn 14 at the latest.

There is only 6 people in that MA game and we're probably going to start it soon, so you have a lot of variety as to what faction you can play as still.

what is /domg/ opinion on the ages?

I always thought EA is seen as the most popular one.

depends
When I first started playing 2 years ago it was MA, now with new nations, it varies from EA to MA.

People have problems with LA because of the all the blood nations, but I like LA the best.
Probably because I like army setup and soldiers more then magic.

People underestimate proper army formation and keep on losing battles with me.

I wish people did more blogs of let's plays instead of videos.
Having a picture of key happenings as well as a text breakdown of the turn its way better then some dude showing a video then having to pause it to soak up the details.

At least the majority of people who do Dom 4 videos understand how to play which a broad majority of LPers do not.

I was just joking about ded thread.
This is probably the most consistent general thread this board has ever seen.

This is really over looked I find, I admit I did it myself because I focused more on figuring out magic first, but learning how to use all of a nations troops as well as how to properly format them goes a long way in a fight.

Also don't be a lazy ass like me starting out and rearrange your armies based on how you're going to fight your next battle, don't just leave it in one format and think you can clear an enemy players armies like indies

As for a blog, we could start one here.

It works for shit talking but it doesn't work for Let's play's.
We should just make another board specifically for cataloging recent community games then archiving them.

Fuck yeah it does.
I love watching let's play's and hearing someone deem something a trash unit when used properly its fucking great.

For example the LA Gath Zebulanite soldier.
Has 14 defence skill, good prot, helmet, spears and has line fighting formation.

People call them trash all the time, but miss what they are there for.
A literal wall of bodies that have such high defense skill that they stop everything but tramplers.
Which is why you then have the Gittite soldiers right behind them.

I blame meta faggots, who are quick to deem something as "trash" simply because its use is not immediately apparent.

The only time I tried to watch an Lper was colonial's LA Rlyeh game, and I didn't like the advice he gave, or how he built his pretender. Then I played against him and he didn't seem that great then either, he got wiped early and went AI.

Anyway, there is definitely a lot that goes into army composition and you can't just win by spamming a certain type of strong troop which is really what I learned from playing MP games. I think what really taught me that was when I played as Pythium and I had a whole assortment of regiments to figure out; I would recommend that to anyone who wants to learn army composition, or Tienchi, or Ermor.

Also We can just start a Dom4archive board here for our games and then talk back about stuff we did, it would probably be a better, more organic resources for the new people here too (especially since 80% of this threads posts consist of the same 2-3 people talking to each other)

I'll start the board later since I still have all of my Itshouldbefine turns; I deleted all the other games turns unfortunately.

Should of given Midgard that advice, kek.

Add Sauro to that as well.
EA is great for learning Cav formation between light fast infantry and heavy fast cav.

The LA is good like ermor with formation fighters as well as units like Hydras which you have to use smartly or risk poisoning your own units.
I have EVERY game that I've played for the last year saved, Including our first disciples game.

Wew meant, Sauro has formation fighters, fast light sacred cav and heavy slow sacred cav.

That's good you saved them, I regret deleting the turn email files, I was just super burned out from all the games I was playing at once.

to add onto this though, there is definitely some units that are near useless, like Mictlan's Sun Warriors have almost no use when you could use Jaguar warriors, or an assortment of summoned sacreds.

They have 5 fire resistance which is about their most interesting aspect, but you get w2 mages anyway which can cast rain against someone loaded with fire magic, I suppose they're also decently geared compared to the other mictlan troops but still you have better.

This goes for any turn-based strategy game really, it's not like there's anything you need to capture in motion aside from things like the exploding horses

Well I still have LA Ctis, and Shinuyama up to the point where I quit. So basically everything since September.

Why have I suddenly aged so much bros? ;_;

Big battles can be recorded.

The best thing with this game that even turns work by tics so gifs work well enough.

Who?

youtube.com/channel/UCzQs-6A6T_yj8A3dAnWMjEA/videos

Oh I've watched this niggas Bogarus lets play before.
Youtube is such shit it didn't pull up anything when I looked for it.

you have to search for channel names, if you search for noob youtubers, who fail to tag their videos with their own name

t. youtuber for a week who figured that out after he did an uncommentated LP and some edited video clips 6 years ago

b-breh ;_;

Stop crying about being 23, remember 35 is the new 25 and if you think you're doing poorly now remember that shit sucks for everyone because of evil jewish giants. (but if you're still sucking by 30 consider suicide)

Now buy Dom4 and come join a game and stop being a bitch.

How does multiplayer work in this game?

What is htis email shit? How would that even work and why wouldn't they just do it the normal way?

Are all games really long bullshitting sessions where people have to wait hours for their turn because you can leave right after your turn?
Is there a timer set when it's your turn and if you don't get back in time, it forces the ai to do your turn for you?

or are the turns like they are in games like civilization?

Email is the easiest way to play because everyone has a different schedule but there is Blitz's that we have done on occasion.

Once you send in your turn, you just have to wait until everyone finishes, usually the minimum amount of time for a new turn is 24 hours unless someone asks for an extension because they can't make the deadline.

In the case of a blitz game you just have to wait for someone to finish without a time limit, but in that case it would be implied you're playing in real time anyway right?

It depends :^)

Indeed we do. Hello there.

I'm still learning formations myself. Flying units seem to be posing quite a conundrum though.

MA host, I'm going to change my nation from Pelagia to Caelum and then start the game

Sounds good

Well done fuckface. I have 2 thrones in my cap ring.

My bad, I'll go reset the game

Changed from 5/5/5 to 3/3/1

That's pretty funny tbh, but Im glad it happened because I didn't like my start position

Mines even better then it was before.

Mine is a little shittier, but whatever I'm birds

Yeah I really lucked out this time, last time I started on wasteland and although I wasn't flanked by thrones I only had 3 provinces near me that wasn't water

exact same position, minus adjacent thrones

Good hustle in the MA game, but what's going on with the Ea game, half of the players haven't done their turns yet and it's getting close to the end of the timer

Only two players haven't submitted turn Yomi is usually around last because of his time zone I'm guessing or work and Ulm right now is being destroyed so he may be stalling.

WAITING ON YOU CAELUM

pretty sure Yomi/Caelum is the same guy

Nah, I'm Chinks/Caelum

My bad didn't mean to stall in 8wizards

Well I was close; also I thought Perpetual Storm would show up in a battle as as the storm icon, but I guess it doesn't I guess I'll see if my Melia's can still use storm power and blast lightning bolts.

Ay Hinnom, you should still check out the turn you stalled.

it counts as a 'natural storm,' so no icon. you can still cast stormpower though. natural rain, storms and snow can effect a battle, but they rarely come into play, usually just a hidden precision modifier you won't even notice unless you're running debug mode. natural storms are rare as fuck, if they occur at all, but there a couple of special monsters that trigger them at the start of battle, Pazuzu the Demon Lord, for example. Might be an artifact from a previous version of Dominions.

no, wait…because it's natural, that means it's always running. can't be dispelled in battle, or overwritten if you hit the battle magic cap. I think.

yeah I figured that was the case, as when I checked the battles the turn after I cast it everyone had the huge precision penalty which is what I expected.

and the battle did seem stormy, but there was no icon

CAELUM DON'T BE THAT GUY

I listen to this to appropiately roleplay Hinnom.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gOx3j_hkwI

I also am going to use goy to address any other nation in diplomacy.

I tape back my foreskin.
Just kidding, I'm cut

When were you planning on playing Hinnom.

No wonder why you prefer to play jews, and I prefer to play euro based nations.

Circumcision is typical though.

What many people confuse circumcision with, is a Bris, which is where the rabbi sucks bloody child dick.

And is usually not a circumcision but the complete removal of the foreskin not just a peeling.

Know your enemy.

I am uncut, and I am aware of the variations.

Anyway if Ulm stales one more time after this you should just set him to AI.

Disciples game depending on the snugness of your foreskin when?

Didn't realize he was stalling again, alright.
If we are waiting right now on him I will just force the turn then set him to AI when I get home.

Nvm its Ulm and Chinks but both are almost dead.
I will give them their last two hours to send in a turn and then make Ulm Ai, chinks though have set in the last 5 turns so going to give him benefit of the doubt.

If you're going to do another disciples game, make it EA.

Yeah I was planning another game for EA, however I don't know if disciples.

I don't like two teams of pretenders as it ends up snowballing too much.
1v1v1 sounds good to me for a disciples so 3 teams of 2 or 3 teams of 3.

3 way could just result in 2 on 1. 2 or 4+ teams is the way to go. challenge cuckchan. they like summod, so make it an ME game for keks

Wew lad, are you crazy? Though many players there are trash if we make a board rivalry game right now it will attract the meta fags.

We have like 3-4 experience players and we will die in year 2 gifts of heaven spam.

The first disciples game was 1v1v1v1 and it worked out alright.
I think it will be something similar.
When you have two teams it also removes any diplomacy which is an extra layer of fun.

Anyway its not like it will fill up immedaitly so we got time to decide what we want to do.
I'll make the game once I get off work

DON'T FORGET EVERYONE WE HAVE A LA GAME WAITING FOR PLAYERS!

I'm not afraid of losing. Meta fags hate losing to scrubs though.

why is quickhost off in the LA game? if you're worried about turn creep, set the hosting interval to 36 hours or so.

I turned it off because I did my turn drunk and wanted to look over my turn the next day when I got off work.
I didn't want everyone to send in their turn before I got a chance to look it over.

Turns out even while shitface I am still a very competent Dom player.
Its now back to quickhost again.

Thanks for letting me know.

being able to revise your turn is a privilege of being admin. just wondering why it was turned off, is all.

I don't mind user.

I just don't want the game to end in turn 32, its a waste of time and distracts people from games where they can learn how to get better.

The meta is a waste of time, its stagnation of skill and I avoid it whenever I play, from what I've seen everyone else seems to as well.

You also see more crazy shit when people are learning the game.

whatever, getting beat just makes my balls grow. if you're struggling to find people for a game, halfchan is the place to go. never played one of their games, but it would appear turn 1 staling is more of an issue than hidden grandmasters.

Its not about losing but making the game enjoyable.
Losing a game is fun, losing in the first couple of turns isn't.

Also I don't want to make half-chan games regular things and get cross poster cancer.

NEW EA GAME
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=8EABadDisciplesAndWorseGods

I joined as Berytos disciple, hoping to have a Hinnom to team up with.

Think I'll play a rlyeh disciple because I enjoy suffering, and because I've never sat down and played summod rlyeh, only ME.

You are severely overestimating cuck chan, I play in their games on the regular. or used too anyway.

I've won plenty times there when I was just starting out, and I mean learning everything as well as I could. They're extremely reliant on diplomacy which is why that one guy is so easy to manipulate them, and something I've tried to discourage here since I wanted to challenge them to an inter board game for awhile now if you remember Lanka.

I think between, you, myself, and the guy who was playing Vanarus we'd be pretty solid of a team to take on them, but I think if we did that it would probably be a 4v4 or a 5v5 so we just need some more time for the newbies to get a grasp of the game before we throw down the gauntlet.

As for the Disciple game, I'll go as pretender Agartha with Rlyeh Disciple

Malakal?
Yeah its pretty funny some guy is able to become a meme through diplomacy.
Diplomacy is part of the game though, and I think its pretty nice Dominions leaves it so open.

Alright

Thank you for being the Solid Snake to my Liquid Snake, Agartha senpai.

Is this a go for me to post cute lizards?

Send in your pretender faggot

I just did, cunt.

Anyway Rlyeh man, Summod actually makes EA Rlyeh very easily playable I've been trying my best with it, even though it's still not at all an easy task I think the two of us together can make due; when the game starts I'll tell you what I know to make things easier on the both of us.

also we should make this disciple game…an RP game

with lots of banter and long winded messages to fight wars on behalf of the pretenders who are pretending.

Might as just make the LA game that.

Is this a 3v3v3 game? Just making sure. Might send a discipline.

Yep.

Fuck meant to say with that
NEW MA8RAGNAROK GAME

Sent in a Machaka disciple (for a Lanka Pretender)

I understand that. Avoiding cancer is just common sense. But, part of me wants to adopt a tribal 'us vs. them' mentality and challenge them to a game. I'm not suggesting regular interaction, just picking a fight with the kids on the next block. I might set a game like that up sometime in the next couple of months, but if not enough people from here are interested, I won't bother.

I'll make a Hinnom pretender, want to test it out first though.

Forgot to announce but I have a lanka pretender in

I'm interested.

Fixed, I'm going to sleep though, any other gods that come in will be taken care of in the morning.

on second though, no I won't. Hinnom is boring. I'll round out a team with a disciple nation if you need the numbers.

Why don't you just be another thematic pretender to Berytos instead? then we only need one more team of 2 and we can start.

The only thematic pretenders for berytos is Hinnom or Machaka, MAYBE arco.

Hinnom is fun what are you talking about nigger? They are just difficult to use.

Was Gift of Health ever nerfed, at least in terms of enchantment research?

Some guides I read hint that Enchantment 6 was a tempting beeline tech, though it is at 7 now.

Wait, Agartha isn't playing Solid Snake?
So much for trying to get a Mictlan led by Revolver Ocelot.

Well Super Satan, Gift of health is a defensive spell as it only works within the God's dom, and it isn't as effective with low dom.

Then like you said its research 7, it helps with healing wounded armies more then it does winning the game.

Its either going to be 2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3
So if people want to join an existing team that works too.

Hinnom Pretender Please

Hinnom aren't hard to use, just boring. Scales, bless or a mix. Scales, you spam chariots for fast expansion. Bless, you leverage Dawn Guard and summons, transition into thugs. Mixed, you spam early chariots to afford massed sacreds.

Hinnom pretender is locked out of the Bull in a disciple game, so your only real option is scales Hinnom, because you can't afford to tank scales for even a single bless. Chariot spam is boring. It's funny when someone can't figure out how to counter tramplers, for the first five seconds, then it's boring.

I'll add a disciple to a team. Maybe Ermor or Sauromatia, I don't want to think about it right now.

unless you're in end game, then Gift of Health is all about healing feebleminded Tartarians.

Then it sounds like this game is going to take a week to launch.

Also your summing up an entire nation as boring for its early expansion.
Abbas have fortune telling so you can take misfortune, or take turmoil scales for extra points.

The late game consists of castle with zero population where you have your Raphaim units, while you build an army of dawnguard and blood summons.

No, I move the cannibals out to a low income province, when I start recruiting them, at least until I can afford to make supply items. I don't start recruiting them until well into year 2, unless I want to get a head start on blood hunting, even then it's mainly Kohen.

It's not just expansion. I have to go through the motions all the way up until mid-game before things get interesting. I would much rather play a nation with a more interesting line-up. If that means waiting for someone else to join, so be it. I don't even mind joining as an independent god on a solo team, just to try something different.

Therodos is a Thematic pretender for Berytos :^)

I don't even bother with the sacreds period, outside of Melqart SC's which I don't even feel are worth getting n9 for, I've always just used lots of dawn guards and with easy expansion it's easy to get lots of blood slave hunting going anyway. for me the most important thing is getting Vampire Lords to just sit around and make vampires all day, and then better magic paths for buffing my Dawn Guard/demon armies. Regardless though I seem to find myself using a lot more indie recruits than the avvimm to mitigate army costs, it works out for the most part but you have to really focus on research and going full scales also helps out tonnes.

I do just the opposite, the Melqarts are probably the second best EA recruitable SC's in the game.
Being able to have one on turn 3 means it will always be in hall of fame.
Summod increases avimm stats and gives blood hunting bonuses to all cannibal commanders.

I've never done well focusing on making an army with Hinnom.
But they work great being small armies of SCs with regen, and elite demon units.
Then you drop a temple, cast 3 bloody seconds, and blood sacrifice to push dominion, later cast gift of health with your pretender.
They also have healing units for wounded SCs, as well as blood feast for removing disease.

Even there unique spell which summons the Grigori hints at this as its summoning a unit which goes from great to almost unstoppable properly equipped.

Bless is mainly for thugs, though it helps with Dawn Guard.

Earth Kohens cast bless, temper flesh and ironskin, are backed up by sacred bodyguards. Only need a shield, armor and helm is optional. Their aoe weapon forces morale checks and bodyguards do the killing. Earth or Nature bless is where it's at. You can do other shit with Astral or Fire randoms, but the Earth ones make the best early thugs. Mid game, your Astral Kohens and Melquarts are your raiders and reinforcements. Your Fire randoms tend to be good at dealing with freespawn and undead, thanks to fire shield, otherwise they're for casting hellfire, or sending late game problems straight to Inferno.

Se'ir are good with a Nature bless, can work with Earth as well. Dawn Guard benefit from both these blesses, as do any indie sacreds you're likely to find.

What can I say, I just don't feel like deviating from something I know that works.

Dawn Guard aren't sacred.

Rephaites. Keep thinking of their dawn swords. Dawn Guard work as bodyguards due to magic weapons though, as they will cut through any elementals sent your way.

Chariots crush anything that isn't another giant nation or has their own tramplers, which are bigger than yours. Most of the easy counters for Tramplers take advantage of low Elephant MR, or the fact they are animals. Can't do that as easily against Chariots.

I used chariots against Ulm in the EA game and they worked like shit.

They're to expensive and too slow for me.

Yeah making an army with Hinnom is easy peasy thanks to some nice big ass chariots mowing down everyone for cheap. However I'm just not a fan of a big bless for them, Se'rim IMO are good for a bless and work out alright but I just can't get behind it when I play, I think N9 is the only thing worth taking when it comes to a major bless, taking anything else except for a minor in earth for reinvigorate is going to be a hassle.

Water might be nice if you want to make some quad wielding lawn mower Melqart murder men with 2 extra arms. Fire is a waste of a bless, Death is just the shittiest major bless, Air is pointless because your main battle mages are non sacred anyway, Astral might be ok, and Earth at level 10 I think might make the Rephaite warriors fatigue neutral which is good against skeleton spammers but other than that you're hitting scales too hard imo.

I just really prefer them as an army of giants, instead of a shock group of powerful giants like Niefelheim.

I'm very surprised; because when I was watching your fights I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you weren't using them.

Though Ulm caught on early to spam the hell out of his battle maidens dual wielding swords; those are giant killers

I had an army of 12 chariots supported by wolf tribe flak and they got demolished by a 80+ army of shield and sword maidens.

They really only seem to hold there own with indie units.
The nightmares I have though wrecked his shit and are cheaper.

I put them in a squad with a horn blower and some swordsmen and then set them on the flank. Chariots race ahead of other units in the squad, keep the squad morale bonus. 5 per squad is my default for expansion, plus an equal number of swords. For bigger battles, the idea is to disrupt enemy formations so your smaller number of troops can better protect your giant archers. They're a major focus, but you don't build them exclusively.

I don't bother with the giant archers, they're too expensive and I'd prefer to just mass indie archers which work better since you can get flaming arrows easy enough and cast that with a melqart or Baal, I usually make enchant 4 a priority since you also get haste then, and hasted chariots really help a great deal.

that and construction 4 usually is what I aim for, it also gets you the shield spells for melqart thugs, it really just depends on who Im neighboring; anyway it will be interesting to see you play Hinnom in a different non-disciple game.

I will probably try your Kohen/Rephaite Warrior deal some time, since I've never bothered too and usually only used those guys as blood hunters or Imp crafters.

Kohens are recruit everywhere, so they're more plentiful than Melquarts. Ironskin puts their protection to 20, temper flesh gives pierce resist, so you only really need a shield and bodyguards to protect them from getting swarmed. Not going to beat everything, but they're good for raiding and army support until you can load out your capital only, slow recruit guys with decent gear.

As for your archers, you only need a small squad in the back line. Their bows out-range nearly everything non-magical, they're high protection for EA, so they'll punch holes in big targets while remaining relatively safe. Back them up with indie archers, sure, especially if you're going for flaming arrows. Your Avvite javelins are good for flaming arrows too, but they're better off throwing javelins over the heads of some indie infantry, otherwise they get swarmed before they can get a shot off.

Independent Ermor god. Rome does not share power with lesser nations.

With summod Melqarts are recruitable in any fort.

Wait so you want to play solo in a disciples game as EA Ermor?

Yes. I have to take a dom3 or 4 god, but I still get to recruit prophets, I think, so long as I don't have a disciple.

Multiple teams means diplomacy is available. If starts are unclustered, I probably don't need to worry about an immediate gangbang. I'll probably still lose, but whatever. Haven't played EA Ermor since Dominions 3. Will upload in a little while.

Make sure to test to see if you can still get a prophet at least, you probably can but it would be a nuisance if you couldn't

It seems so. Ermor has H3's anyway, but I can appoint whoever as a prophet, so long as there is no disciple. Still required to take a big god though.

That seems fun.
Alright send your pretender in.

I convinced my brother to play Hinnom, so when Ermor sends in his pretender we'll be good to go.

Anyone have a suggestion on a different map?

moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/addons/the-old-kingdom

this has 127 land + 25 sea

moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/addons/parganos-with-caves-and-balanced-incoming

this one has 116 land +19 water

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2765

this one has 117 land +19 water

Changed to Old Kingdom Map.

8EADISCIPLES GAME HAS BEGUN

Fuck.
I don't suppose some user would like to upload the material to the vola, a mega folder, or some other thing.

Fucking llamaserver bullshit, I'll fix it user.
Rolling back game and changing to a version people actually have or can get.

changed to .76 it should work now.

Damn Gath. That's a lot of troops you have there.

I finally taught myself how to play this game.

TBH outside of taking a beast, the titans are the better choice for gods and cheaper than taking the human mages.

So I don't see what your trouble would be.

Also thanks for changing the map, now I have some caves to roll around in

A turn 1 or 2 expander would be nice. Not like Ermor needs or even wants a bless. Doesn't matter. I've gone thematic in order to purge profligates. Would have preferred to send in my revised god, but whatever, I'm commited now.

So are you saying I'm a big guy?

for a second I thought you said "bi guy", which made me question what the fuck kind of thread I could have open, where that would be a normal response

/cuteboy/

WAITING ON YOU TEAM WELFARE

true, but I don't like to keep their threads in my tabs for too long, because it takes month for one to bite the dust

A-are we still talking about vidya?

Anything that helps to bump the thread. :^)

What do you think the five seals to become a fivefold Angel are?

They say it in the unit description.
One of them is the act of peace or denial where they cut of their hands.
Also their dick.

That's oneyes, castration, cutting the hands off are another one as well. But what is the rest?

The angelwings forming can't all just be the other 3 right?

Maybe poverty or non-physical sacrifices.

First seal is castration/removal of tits.
Second seal is probably removing the hands.
I'd bet the fivefold angel's wings are the 5th seal, which leaves us with the third and fourth seals.
It's entirely possible that each hand is its own seal though, which would leave us with just one seal left.

UUUU

I was just about to say the wings themselves are the 5th seal.

Though I guess a good resource to figure this out would be to read about the real life Khlysty.

Also Agartha/Rlyeh is team Mind Rape not team tentacle lovers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy

It stands

Yes I am aware but even in your own article it mentions them
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlysty

you bummer

I read that article before reading the Skoptsy one.

The Chlysty were more like flagellants that partied hard.
The Skoptsy were the ones who neutered themselves.

Indeed, well regardless of that fact I find it funny that both of the single player games have still gone through their turns before Team Welfare.

I guess they're really living up to their name.

balls. forgot to rename my Wraith Lord. hope he doesn't HoF before he gets an appropriate title.

FUCK
A LAShitShow turn right before I go to sleep.

DOUBLE FUCK
Turns out you cannot share Dom4 with steam family share and play multiplayer.

I will need to reset the game and have my brother buy a seperate copy.
Fucking dammot.

I think you could if you were to launch one copy through steam anyway, just try launching the .exe directly. If not Dom4 should be cheapish from g2a if you want to buy another copy.

If you re-launch the disciples game, I would like to revise my pretender. Won't take long. Just boot Ermor and set the game to start when I send it in.

Deleted your pretender so send in your new one.

Its the CD key itself, I thought it would be fine as llamaserver didn't say anything when he sent in his.
When I've sent new ones in to revise pretenders or switch nations it tells me there is already one there from me, but that could be through email.

Too bad it took so long to find out oh well turn 1 will be going out sometime tommrow when I can talk with my brother.

Thanks, just sent a revised pretender in. Was doing a silly turmoil/luck thing and relying on free barbarians for extra muscle in expansion. Very dubious if I could get a fort up in the first year if just one thing went wrong in expansion.

New and improved Lanius is much more fitting for my nation. Time to uplift some animals and see if they are worthy of being called men.

Ah my mistake I thought you meant for network MP. PBEMs are tied to cd key

Guys, important question about the game mechanics here.

I am sieging a fort, got it breached and am storming it the next turn. A different faction is probably going to attack me in the province.

I presume that the forces that storm the castle will then stay in the castle and don't defend the province right?

you'll get attacked outside the fort first. pretty sure Storm Castle takes place last.

Even though we're restarting Rlyeh make sure you read what I sent you in turn 2.

Alright my brother bought a CD key and it works, so everything should be good to go.

FUCKING CHRIST
For the record my brother's god was underpowered as he built it as a normal pretender and not with a disciple.

New thread made