Is there a chance that Capcom might have the decency to announce a proper sequel to Dragon's Dogma this year?

Is there a chance that Capcom might have the decency to announce a proper sequel to Dragon's Dogma this year?

DD thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/y4AXQ
steamspy.com/app/367500
gematsu.com/2016/12/hideaki-itsuno-announce-new-game-2017
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/21/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

There was a Dragon`s Dogma Online beta if I am not mistaken.

I don`t know what came of it

OP asked for a proper sequel, not a free-to-pay cash-grab shit mmo with no relation to the original in story or setting.

No, the game didn't sell well enough as far as I know and just has a cult following at best. It's actually a great game even with some of it's issues which they could fix in a proper sequel. I'm not playing an MMORPG that will never get released in my country though.

One of those games that gave me hope for the future of RPGs until Capcom announced an MMORPG sequel for it instead. It wasn't amazing but it was a personal GOTY.

Knowing capcom, they'll announce Dragons Dogma Online 2 now with more rootkit.

Really? From what I heard, it exceeded all of Capcom's expectations, PC version included.

It sold decently well. Over 2.3 million units back in late 2015. archive.is/y4AXQ
And according to Steamspy, the PC version is at roughly 640,000 units sold. steamspy.com/app/367500

Well tbh my d00dfam, Dragons Dogma was just a slapped together cash grab to fund the MMO.

I was going to reply, but instead I'm going to state how your post has no factual merit.

I recall hearing that it didn't sell well enough on consoles. Hell, nobody I spoke to actually had heard of the game or was interested because of fuckall advertising. Then again, I guess porting it to the PC may have boosted the numbers and interest. I don't know. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to know so.

That's not bad at all for a port.

This game is pretty good but why the fuck does warrior not have more than 3 skills, I feel handicapped

Watch it be online only and Denuvo'd.

Can somebody explain me how Online is not a proper sequel? Apart from the fact that brain dead monkeys can't hop through a couple of hoops?

Is that because people already played it? PC is the bigger market after all.

I can't even get an hour into the game. The first 5 minutes intro with the dragon and the manticore are cool as fuck and then you get dumped into some shithole village and I lose all interest. The farthest I've gotten was taking out a colossus outside of that camp you find north of the village

There are more of those later and part of the adventure is going from scrub who gets tossed off cyclopes all the time to one shotting them like a fucking champ

N, the voiceactors have all but confirmed Itsuno is returning to his mainstay, developing Devil May Cry games.

Yeah, that was pretty annoying. Maybe warriors are just too stupid to know more than 3 special skills?

I hate that so many fags wanted DD to be online multiplayer. Pawn AI was shit at times, but I'd rather play a competent single player mode with AI idiots than online with real idiots.

Why does every goddamn thing need online multiplayer? I didn't see anyone begging for local co-op. Split-screen / Local co-op are dying while everyone begs for online which usually has a shit community & dwindles to practically zero players within months if not weeks. Seriously, fuck online. MMOs need to die & stop killing muh single player + local co-op. Online is also just another an excuse for invasive DRM.

Hopefully not. I want Dragon's Dogma to be the first and last game in the series.

user's dream DD game

how about original Diablo style stat progression instead
that way you can assign stats as you please and play any class you want

Would be cool if some monsters wandered looking for food like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s A-life

I want a greek themed dragons dogma, with more focus and inclusion of greek myths/monsters and style.

Multiplayer has infected video games so far that it's guaranteed to be a multiplayer game if it was ever made though, so I'd rather DD die.

I'd basically take DD's combat, party AI and exploration and stick on top of an open world cRPG. Add in horse riding and combat, a magic creation system, alchemy, a crafting system that isn't useless shit, good writing and quest design and you're good to go.

Seriously user, if they'd just make a world the size of morrowind and fill it to the brim with interesting dungeons, I'd be so rapt. If they made the Everfall into a good quality random dungeon generator I'd cum buckets. DD excels when it's giving you a good dungeon crawl, but the novelty wears off later on because damage calculation gets ridiculous and you have to basically cheese your way through the game. If they could set up a good solid dungeon crawler with better item management (rather than weight-based, limit the number of powerful instant potions to a small number rather than forcing you to choose between healing items and collecting loot) then they'd basically corner the niche for that kind of game.

Even better

I had forgotten it had one
it's not terrible tho, from an alchemy standpoint

I have never seen this done well outside of Terraria. I'll take handcrafted assets any day.

Because it's superfluous. It's just busywork. Hell, only alchemy system I can think of that wasn't useless trash or didn't completely break the game is in Witcher 1.

Well, sure, but on top of that you could add some magic portal or whatever you can stumble upon that takes you to some pocket dimension shit.

Also, completely randomized would never work, but if you put in enough handcrafted "pieces" for the algorithm to fit together you could end up with a decent bit of fun.

That would be pretty cool. No "save the world from ancient evil" shit, just you going on grand adventures. Also, I'd want proper party members and not pawns.

After you kill Daimon's second form in DA the rooms start having more spawn varieties which makes things pretty fun. Something like that but for all the dungeons would be nice, then just have the level design static. I think it's a good compromise.

I think dragon's dogma's biggest problem is that on the surface it appears to be a western action RPG, where player control and dexterity are the most important thing in combat, when I would say that it is actually closer to a standard JRPG in nature. The deciding factor of most fights is stats and gear. If you are autistic enough, you can beat any enemy, but wailing on a drake for 2 hours and only wittling down one of its health bars is not fun, especially if you think that its supposed to be that hard and dont realise that its something you're supposed to come back and do when you have better shit.
For a sequel, I would hope that they make the distinction more clear. The game is fun, but it can be misleading to players that dont understand it.

As for general things I want

Basically, I just want DD but with more.

I want a DD that actually takes advantage of the myriad of stasus effects. Seems like BBI is the only time certain status effects are even used, and the only way players are able to inflict drenching is with flasks of water, if it isn't in the environment.

well it was nice for making healing items out in the field

I don't mind equipment managment user, that's what warrior pawns are for they certainly can't fight for shit

well it was nice for making healing items out in the field

I don't mind equipment managment user, that's what warrior pawns are for they certainly can't fight for shit

oh

The saddest thing in entire universe.
Fighter pawns are crazy good at tanking tho. My faggot nigger managed to take on Daimon pretty much alone because my shitty magick bow was barely tickling his demonic balls.

That's the intention.

Sorry its already confirmed they are working on dmc5

gematsu.com/2016/12/hideaki-itsuno-announce-new-game-2017

If we can meme the God Emperor President and peace with Russia, we can get this too.

The game has been out for years and we're still talking about it. That has to be worth something to someone.

Multiplayer != MMO. And if Pawns are still in then adding the option for playing with your friends doesn't compromise your way of playing (alone like DD1) at all. And since it's not an MMO that means not fucking the loot and exp tables to hell and back to keep subscription revenue.

Just go through BBI a bunch of times
Seeker arrows are ez modo

Well, at least this shows that they haven't given up on making videogames.

Breath of Fire, Lost Planet, Dragon's Dogma, and Megaman Legends are the only Capcom IPs I care about.

Let me introduce you to my friend, magick rebalancer x4 and his wife, ricochet shot.

Yeah, ricochet seeker, that thing. I never use rebuffer though, usually firing tings into a wall works out well enough on its own.
Great sacrifice is one hell of a dumb thing. Kill a fucking pawn and instakill whatever you hit

Motherfucking Ricochet shot in some parts of BBI is hilariously broken.

The sewer section before you get to the lost city was fucking amazing. I ran in and out 6 times just jumping deaths ass and taking his lunch money.

If you magick rebalance 4 times the shit does so much damage it knocks death on the ground and then you throw your waifu and him so she can grapple him and stab death in the face.

great sacrifice is excellent for cheesing the game if you don't want to do that annoying ass griffon mission again. I don't think it works on the dragon or damon though.

Is there a way to bind dodge roll to a single button?
I know it's not dark souls, but come fucking on, all action games with dodge move utilize 1 key + direction for it, DMC, monhun, Godhand, anything, and only DD uses two. It's super annoying and ruins the game for me.

Urdy is uncheesable by design since he's online boss.
Daimon, fuck, I never tried it on him. I guess it'll just deal a shitload of damage.
Why the fuck would you want to skip the griffon fight tho.

the griffon fight is long and tedious if you've already done it 3 times. Plus its really funny when you listen to the soldiers talking about how the battle was won but not without great sacrifice.

I wasn't talking about the ur dragon, I don't give a fuck about that fight. I was referring to grigori. If great sacrifice doesn't one shot them it does an asstonne of damage regardless. Its fucking hilarious when you get the build up to fight grigori then you just run in and shoot him with that arrow.

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/21/?

Why would you want to skip Grigori though, he's hype as shit.
Your claws of steel, your blood-red voice

speedrun mode.

W-why didn't I bother to look shit up myself?!

they're really not that great tbh. The reshades are alright but they cause slowdown in some places.

There's some pretty good retextures out there though.

PC is a bigger market, yes. But it's also a platform the dumbest normalfags can pirate on, and the standards for a "console port" after the fact are so insanely high a lot of people who are sort of interested will wait until the inevitable 90% off sale anyway. PC is great for/v/irgins, but nobody here buys anything. I'm exaggerating, there's a lot of closet buyfags here, but not enough to get more games they might actually like.

If PC sales actually made a difference we wouldn't see them consistently launch in a far worse state than consoles. DD on PC is decent enough, but it was a test for the PS4 version as far as Capcom was concerned.

I won't buy dlc if I can help it but i've never seen the issue with buying pc games. I'm fairly certain the people who brag about piracy are just shitposting for attention.

I pirate a fuckton but at the same time I usually buy most of the stuff I pirated unless it ended up extremely boring or outright unenjoyable.
Vocal faggots are just that, they're faggots.

I only occasionally pirate things these days. Its a thing of convenience really. Because of data caps and slow internet speeds in my area I usually try and pick up a hard copy from a retailer for the more mainstream releases that I am interested so I can use the disc to install without having to download as much data fuck you MGSV, the disc only had steam on it. For the more niche titles, the torrents I check don't usually have many seeders so it would take me weeks or even months to download, so its faster to buy them and download them from official servers.

I usually pirate DLC though, since it is such a bad content/price ratio most of the time.

I pirate more on my 3ds and phone then I do on PC.

It's the future, user. Accept it. DD already has the online Ur Dragon and pawn exchange, so why not add yet another element to give the game some breadth? I'm not saying it should be 100% multiplayer oriented, but maybe it'd be interesting to have a special dungeon (Tower of the Moon or some shit) as a co-op dungeon where you can still play it solo but you also have the option of playing with other people in place of pawns. It'd be interesting to see because, given the right people and given that the game isn't total shit, someone out there will do some crazy shit with the game, like strategies that could only work with the help of other people.

It was a great game and I pirated it

John please go.

The game was meant to have online co-op, meaning you could join another player's world and go on quests and fight huge monsters… But never full MMO gameplay.

Where the fuck is deep down?

No why would they want to do anything you want? They want to make the most money as easily as possible and that means more Street Fighter for tourney faggots.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.

Capcom sometimes do good things seemingly out of nowhere. These fuckers must be schizophrenic or something.

Not like it was ever good.

I think a Dark Souls type online system would benefit the game greatly. Big part of the game is crafting your own cool characters, it would be nice to show off them besides uploading screenshots on imageboard threads.

You mean a system where you summon other player's characters across dimensions to help you fight?
Yeah, they should get on that.

If you dont mind cheese-ing the last few levels get the double xp consumable, and keep doing offline ur-dragon.

Capcom made their own engine for Dragons Dogma. It was a pretty big budget game so it had to sell a few million copies to be profitable.

I actually thought it had potential for a franchise but normalfags only know and buy Skyrim.

Selling a million copies for 9.99 isn't really impressive. I do not think Holla Forums understands publishers want to sell games for full price.

Where does it say that?

Who is this Holla Forums you speak of?
Came out on PC at $30, so Capcom does understand depreciation. You are correct in that they work off first-week/month sales, which is a very console mentality, but I think Capcom was simply riding the trend of PC ports out instead of testing waters for DD2.

Dragon's Dogma runs on MT Framework, the same engine Capcom used for all their 7th-gen games including SF4, RE5/6, DMC4, Lost Planet 1/2, and a bunch of other shit. It wasn't a custom engine or anything like that.

The developers actually struggled with making the game on that engine because it was designed around the concept of "rooms" and never meant to be used for an open-world game.

It runs on UE3 though.

Fun fact: MT in MT Framework stands for Megaman Trigger

Kill me

I've lost all motivation to play this game anymore.

they got most of their full price sales, way more sales than PC got too. DD is a 2.5m seller franchise where it counts.

Is that your character?

it stands for multi-threaded.

double kill me then

yeah? MvC3 uses MTF. 3DS version of SF4 does too. I didn't know about SF4 using UE3 in other version tho.

Eww.

I only recall normalfags downvoting every loli pawn they saw online.

I've resigned to our fate and have started playing DDO and DD:DA on switch
And let me tell ya DDO is some hot garbage, but it's less shit.
The real worst part of DDO as it stands is certainly how much of it is a mindless slog before the you get the to the fun part. Took me 22 levels before I got to my first fun fight, which was a chimera which still got dropped in less time than DD:DA
Best fight I had was that chimera too, all the other bosses were just a chore and not fun, especially with REDO RAGEE
I'm worried that if capcom even did make another, it'd be like DDO, not understanding what made the first one good

My fucking nigga
Add some boats in there and some sea monsters and we've hit perfection

That's why you set your pawn to private.

If there ever is a sequel i hope they steer away from the abomination that was DD:da.

most of the monsters in game do draw pretty heavily from greek myth

I do agree I'd love a stylistic change, greco-roman aesthetics are woefully underused in rpgs and arpgs

That's why you make your pawn big and swole, and you play the little girl.

Holla Forums made it seem like DD was going to be a skill-based action game, but the necessity of grinding and bumping up stats was never brought up. It's a really strange game in terms of what they were trying to do and what they succeeded in doing with the game (ie how the story tries to be deep and meaningful, but half the time it makes no fucking sense), and I'm still not really sure if I love or hate it.

nice bait, here's your (you)

Pray tell me dear friend, what good did DA add?

Does anyone else think Grigori is cute? Not like waifu cute but like want one as a pet cute.

The best part of the game.

The most enjoyable dungeon in the game.

I didn't use online. That's just what I head others saying.

some pretty cool lore surrounding Daimon

Young Ashe following the Arisen (Grette) and her pawn (Olra) after his village was destroyed by The Dragon, Grette becoming something of a surrogate mother for him before leaving to fight The Dragon. Olra returning alone, Ashe thinks Grette died, then The Dragon choosing him as the next Arisen, he and Olra venture out for vengeance, and slowly fall in love. The Dragon actually being Grette, who killed the former dragon but failed against the Seneshal, Ashe being forced to either sacrifice his beloved or to kill his 'mother' to fulfill his destiny
That's some pretty nice lore, and fits in with the Cycle of Eternal Return theme established in the main game

Also, Coils of Light pretty much telling the story of how Daimon came to be is breddy clever imho

Capcom partnership with illusion for a dragon's dogma sequel where you can fuck your pawns when?

I wanna fuck grigori

You want to fuck every dragon. Play 7th Dragon, lots of D for your type of degenerate.

Is there a game that's done dragons better?

nooo

Looks like the kinda game where the dragons are moeshit girls.

It's true. If you make a loli pawn it will end up a two star at best. Just set your pawn to private if you use online.

Falling in love with your pawn, whats the worst that could happen?

They already didn't after DD came out on PC and it did obscenely well. Why would they do that now?

You people disgust me.

Some user had a nigger pawn he had fucking him. Does Dragons Dogma have aids in their world? id assume immortality and aids would suck.

alright, I played this game once (with a 2h warrior) and I didn't like it

will it be fun with a different class? is mystic knight good?

Yeah probably. Warrior can be fun but it gets repepetitive really fast and there are a bunch of enemies you straight up can't kill.
Try sorcerer, mystic or assassin, funnest classes imo.

Not sure about this year, but a proper sequel is definitely happening. DD made them a lot of money with the first release, and kept showering them with money. It's even in the top 100 sellers for this year on Steam. Not even Capcom is stupid enough to ignore that.

Right?

Oh god…

Fitting. It's rare to see a Japanese game actually using all the cores in my FX 8370.

why does it seem like this is the only fucking game on PC that actually supports 144fps and refresh rate

The console didn't sell that great, the PC port blew all expectations.

/thread

Who got the pawn sheet? I lost my link long ago and I might as well change my pawn info for my current run.

I want much more dungeons and it would be cool that you can explore more regions of the world. Like the current world you lived in which was ruled by the duke was seriously just some small ass duke. Have it where you can travel to at least some desert duke, some mountain duke etc. The entire world doesnt have to be connected like skyrim.

pics?

Protip: look at the map and zoom all the way out. Guaranteed that bit is going to be part of that.

this really might be the best console port i've ever played, mechanically. how bizarre that capcom, the company that could manage to lose money if they were given the entire rights to star wars, managed to put out without a doubt the best-running, smoothest port i've ever seen

I'm also impressed. My rig is made out of hand-me-down junk that I Frankenstein'd together and it's still surprisingly pretty.
Being a poorfag is suffering.

Get the fuck out, not everything needs to be a goddamned franchise. People like you demanding unfounded sequels are why everything good in video games get destroyed.

Itsuno said HE wants to make a sequel because of how abruptly development was ended the first time you moron

Worst case scenario, we get more fuel for the salt mines.
Best case scenario, Dragon's Dogma 2 as we see it in our minds.

For gods sake this is a modern AAA publisher we are talking about, and this is also a sleeper hit that saw success in a re release. This to me seems like a recipe for the suits to suck out everything that made the first game unique and replace it with a blander 'Sure Fire' content to appeal to as many people as possible.
DD was a freak accident, lets just enjoy it as one without capitulating to the monkeys paw.

It won't stop existing, user.

Proast

Why worry? The ship's already sailed. The success of the initial release led to a paid expansion and DDO, the success of the PC re-release will probably lead to the western localization of DDO. Doesn't mean that getting a DD2 greenlit wouldn't be a bad thing if there's still material to work with.

I wouldn't say a man's passion project fifteen years in the making was a "freak accident"

Also I feel human enemies and how you level up needs to be fixed, human enemies quickly become a joke and arnt worth fighting. They turn into meat bags easy as shit. Also I feel inconstancy when you level up, you're weak, the OP then weak again until you finally become OP and butter cut everything. It would be cool to see a armor system like Monster Hunter where armor dictates how much strength you have and what resistances you have. But have enough so you can still have crazy clown suits if you want. But more or less the big monsters will never become giant butter sticks you can slice through.

Also some of these monsters had problems of being sponges. Like the red orge that loves to rape my lolis. It would be cool to see even more monsters, and even bigger versions of hobgoblins and possible have expeditions to lands full of monsters and all uncharted maybe? But would really just love to see more monsters variety than just fucking retarded red goblins.

Fight the bandits on the road to the Witchwood at level 10 and not online faggot and see what Eldritch horrors come about.

Also

so fucking nice

I am happy that we both like a thing.

I like the look of this game. Is it good?

Pros:
Cons

That's my take on it.
If I buy a pie, I normally expect it all to be tasty, not 6/8ths great and 2/8ths shit.

Read a fucking book.

There it is, like clockwork.
Face it user, just because you have the comprehension of a 2nd grader doesn't mean that video games should tell an interesting tale when it designs a world that has one to be told.

Shouldn't*

Or you could just read a book for stories and play games for gameplay. That would require you to be more than barely literate, so I can see your predicament.

Holy shit, is that a new IMAX machine you got there user? I see you're already projecting your retardedness onto other people.

You really go to lengths of ignorance to justify enjoying the poor excuses for stories in video games. I bet you think there is a game that actually has an interesting narrative.

>What is Dark Souls lorewise
For fucks sake user, good stories exist out there, you just have to look.

wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
worng
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong

That's subjective

Well, things could be worse I guess.

I could be your mother and have to live with the fact that I've given birth to an irredeemable, infantile clod.

C'mon son.

Fair point

It sold more copies on PC than Dark Souls 3 did on PS4 in Japan.

nigga WHAT

This post reminds me of a quote from a philosopher (Socrates, maybe?) that went something along the lines of this

I wouldn't say it was a bait when everything stated in it was correct. Holy shit that one user really never has read a book.

Make sure it's hard mode.

What? ME2 butchered the Mass Effect universe and from the point of view of the first game was retarded, introducing shit such as

Thats just the tip of the iceberg

Did more butchering than just story, apart from the shootan feeling slightly better everything else was a downgrade from 1.

Not to mention the absolute shit level design that is just corridors with convenient pop-up knee high walls for cover whenever the scripted battles start and no fucking exploration at all.

I hate to burst your bubble, but DMC uses the exact same button combo for rolling on account of both being developed by the same man. Trickster is the only time you get 1 button for dodging.

Agreed.

Manguard was fun though.

Another con is the awful system used for whatever character or pawn gets kidnapped by the dragon with absolutely no forewarning.

I get a black screen as soon as I run the game. Anyone know a fix?

Almost forgot, along with the whole ONE SAVE shebang.

Wait awhile.

it doesn't go away

they would give it to Capcom Vancouver and "westernize/make it very easy" it even more, the lore will be cut down entirely or reduced to something really simple, the class system gutted with no customization only pre-build classes and skill, the world would be even more empty and everything wrong with it would be made even worse. Capcom no longer has the talent needed to make a great DD sequel that improves and fixes DD problems.

Story helps get people engaged in the game and further give context to the gameplay when done correctly, but it should never overshadow the gameplay or you end up with a movie "game" like the Uncharted and nuTR, but to say story has no importance or shouldn't even exist in a game is just really fucking retarded.

I feel like I've gimped myself here. Should I be using staves or melee weapons?

>just as my penis required blood to grow, so too does my sword require more gold

OH man, the salty threads about loli pawns in both the steam forums and reddit where amazing.
The best one was some faggot quitting the game when he found out that Aelinore was a love interest, because he thought that she was fourteen or something in a lapse of clarity everyone in the steam forums called him retarded and told him that she was 22 which was hilarious

Mages only use staves. Mystic knight should use buffed melee weapons/greatshields. Learn magick cannon and fuck bitches up with an elemental energy of your choice. Get a mage in your group to be the buff bitch so you don't have to waste precious slots on buff moves. If you're still playing mage, switch to sorcerer ASAP. Sorcerer gets all the real magick spells along with the good stat growth.

My main pawn's a healer and she works pretty well. I manage to tank fantastically with daggers and a shield as an Assassin. It's seriously a fun way to play DD. Just make sure to get Spider/Snakebite.

Pic related, it's me abusing my bottom bitch.

DD might be my favorite game of all time since I discovered it about 3 years ago. Here DD gen, have a good ancient base for loli pawns.

Why do you have like 18 different shots of the face, one and done dude.