Just have fun

I want to start the year with some positivity, and I'd like to share it with you guys.

I think everybody here is aware that games nowadays suck a lot. All the corporate greed and inexperience has gotten to a boiling point and nothing seems right. I believe this is normal, vidya grew way too quickly for its own good and it's basically a teenager going through a very very awkward phase. As long as we keep voting with our wallets and voicing opinions, this will hopefully change sooner than later and we will see more passion projects come out. In the meantime, remember that there are a shitload of games that we have never played or taken a second glance at, as well as communities for older games that just keep on giving like Doom or Thief. There's no need to be limited to just [current year] when we have at least 3 decades of games readily available to play, and most of them work just fine on PC natively, with tweaks and patches or emulation for older consoles.

Movies are pretty much the same, they went through a really awkward phase in the early 2000s, and while there are many stinkers out there, there's also a lot of great movies to watch, even recent ones. Practical effects are making a comeback, and deviations of genres as well as experimental films are becoming profitable. Games will eventually get there as well once more, just keep fighting the good fight against sjw cancer, encourage good practices and condemn shit ones and don't lose hope. Vidya will be great again!

TL;DR Just get off the internet for a couple of days and play a game you like, have fun, be happy for a little bit.

Is this a meme?

I like my games to be the least enjoyable as possible

Thanks Reddit, for the great PSA!
Upboated and gifted Holla Forums Gold!

You are a Scholar, a Sir and a Gentleman!!

But the question is what Doom and what Thief, there are shitty games that share the name with both of them

Maybe by mentioning Reddit as much as possible, they'll go away!

Yeah, that's smart and not at all mindblowingly retarded!

\>have fun

\>having fun

Haha, well memed, my friend! Have this (you) as a reward!

I don't think you understand where you are.

The trite gaming cliche pastiche you have made here isn't too bad.

This thread will be nothing but sage, low effort greentext and underage faggots screeching "reddit", but I appreciate the positivity, OP.
However, this thread is just pissing in the wind; the majority of consumer dollars that made this happen don't come from here. They don't even come from reddit.
The "vote with your wallet adage" is silly; I'm already careful with what I buy. The only thing I care about is games and I'll play the good ones wherever I find them.

I'd love to, but I have fucking jury duty tomorrow.

HIV+?

How do these people exist? How have they not died yet considering the actual "desire" would only result in a quicker death.

Read about jury nullification. It could be handy to know.

That's what I've been doing. I just got a PS2 to softmod and I've been revisiting some games in the meantime, namely Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine and Crash Team Racing. First one is way buggier than I remembered, second I will never get tired of. Cheapo CRT monitor and first-party PSX controller make a comfy setup.

HURR REDDIT SPACING

Oh boy, I sure love winter break

There was a thread recently about the price some games were being sold at. AAA stuff like NMS, Fallout 4, Battleborn and Watchdogs 2 or similar crap was all under sales and 20$ deals, sometimes even less.
Meanwhile, several indie titles and a few good games can actually stand at 30~$ and you know they'll turn out a bigger profit since they are made with smaller teams.

It looks like the bubble has burst and normalfags have so many games to choose from they barely restrict themselves to a single type or at least they don't bother with shovelware. There's still flagship titles like Call of Duty that will always have a dedicated fanbase but even those are taking a toll in their playercount since they hate what the new games have.
Oh and you can be sure that after The Order, Evolve and NMS and other similar turds, a lot of people are being VERY cautious about pre-orders and they don't bother at all.
I see it all over youtube, several e-celebs decrying that shit and actually teaching normalfags. It's great to see them learning.

Thanks for the thread, OP. Like the other dude, this is gonna be nothing but low effort shitposting by faggots trying to fit in with ">fun" because they don't know what Holla Forums is really all about. But it's because of faggots like you that a lot of people still bother to visit this place and it's great to know that you can still have hope both for videogames and for Holla Forums.
Lots of neat games coming out on 2017 and lots of neat ones came in 2016 as well. It's looking up alright and I feel that 2017 will make up for 1997.

Maybe it's the year videogames will actually stop being art in the sense of "pretentious bullshit to shield criticism" and become art in the sense of "works of passion done by people that care more about their craft than the money they make with it".

Huh, reddit spacing isn't filtered out anymore? Or is it just because it's all-caps? Let's find out

why didn't you just get out of jury duty by saying you intend to exercise your right of performing jury nullification

I do have lots of hopes for 2017 though, Q1 will have a good lineup due to lots of Q3/Q4 2016 stuff getting pushed back. Excited for Switch (mainly because it'll be a hell of a piracy machine if it has digital Gamecube installs and Wii Remote connectivity for Wii titles in addition to all the Wii U ports) and keeping my eyes peeled on that PS4 Dissidia game.

Well I'll be damned, another thing Mark's flip-flopped on.

I'm hoping for that as well. I've seen some more projects that seem to have their mind in the right place, even in 2016. The results will of course have to wait, but the love is there. Hope it does last. DreadOut is a good example of this and yet no one seems to talk about it. It if had a bigger budget and the developers had more experience, it would stand up there with the great horror games. Shit, it kinda already sits at their feet.

If anything, I'd say that the main change is that normalfags are getting sick of being shafted with a broken product. A lot of people are starting to abstain from preorders after shitshows like NMS, and once these things get momentum, preorder bonuses will once again be a no-go.

There's a lot of fuck ups in the recent years that have caused even normalfags to wonder what the fuck this bullshit is about.
To list a whole bunch:

pretend to be biased
they'll throw you out and never let you in again

Continuing with the positive and optimistic theme.

Hey anons of Holla Forums, what game to you guys hold closest to your hearts?

_You___

im not sure i want to answer that

No Man's Sky

That's a tough question. It makes sense if you regard games like waifus but if you look at them like your kids, then you really can't pick a favorite.

I'd say Startopia for me. That game was pretty much the best Muckyfoot\Bullfrog game and an amazing one.
Great soundtrack, great races and mechanics, great visuals and overall a very fun game.
It has several mechanics that were clearly underdeveloped, like salaries, industry and food , the potential is there, it just never was properly coded and it does upset me that they had no marketing at all.
But it's a great comfy game to play.

Stop being faggots and actually post what games you like to play. So what if someone doesn't like them? Would you rather hide behind sarcasm and be miserable inside or face a few faggots online and show them what you think is fun?

Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame. It was the first game I ever managed to beat on my own as a wee lad. I replay it every so often.

Another one is Mega Man X, I can play the first game any day of the week and not get bored.

Warioland 4. Me and my brother saved for months for that GBA and we'd lay in the same bed and play it until 3 am on school nights.

Summing this with Crash Bandicoot, Supaplex and Warwind 2.
Those were my first videogames and I loved the crap out of them.

Crash got me into platforming and it was a really fun game to play as, I especially loved the tiger levels on 3 and impressing everyone at school by doing the first one always sprinting.

Supaplex was a neat puzzle game that I never managed to win because it's tough as nails but I do remenber that I once actually dreamed with the solution to a particular level. Shit was weird as fuck.

Warwin 2 was even from a time where I barely understood english and I didn't even played the first one. Imagine a 12 year old trying to understand the planetary conflict and the mechanics of that game. Didn't finished it then, only many years later, but it's still memorable for how different and unique it was it was.

There are Several but Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 might be the one closest to my heart out of all of them.

If you are into puzzle games this happens quite often.

Movies and games aren't comparable in their growth and changes over time. If anything, movies are still experiencing a lot of the problems that vidya is today and it typically traces back to an executive with entirely too much power and too little sense.

Before, it was a sort of misguided cynicism that had execs telling studios "no, that won't work. It won't sell to enough people. Give it more mass market appeal." Now it's Amy Pascal types who are so delusional and disconnected from society, as most feminists are, who think "women are the mass market! appeal to them! #YASSS #FEMINISM" and then both of them spend tens of millions of dollars of the budget on advertising gimmicks.

For movies, their big problem is China and the fact that they need to suck Chinese micro-peen to make back the bloated budget of their empty-headed sclock.

For games, the problem is marketing in general, along with a dwindling talent pool. They successfully convinced the world that a career in games was what every young person wanted, but they never formalized or took the time to really understand game design and development first.. So you end up with scrawny faggots like James "We're running out of wi-fi" Portnow teaching classes and parading around youtube spewing pseudo-intellectual bullshit..

All the while, game studios are finding that most colleges are fucking worthless because just like art schools, game dev schools aren't teaching the proper fundamentals, so you end up with a bunch of pink hair hipsters who only want to make quirky little "indie" games about feelings and masturbation, because the cancer of post-modernist performance art has been trying to get into vidya for years.

What I'm getting at is that the problems facing the vidya industry, and by extension movies too, are larger and trace back to other problems with the world.

I couldn't get into Thief. I got to the Guild level and it got to me. The first mission and the Assassins was good fun, but the other three levels I played were a chore and flat out not fun to go through. It could have been general burn out/vidya blues, but I doubt it.

2 spoopy? You might like Metal Age more, since it is more about heists and has less of the fantasy monsters. As for Guild, everyone seems to be down on it so don't worry.

You mean Jews, right? Because Amy Pascal is a kike first.

I think China is one of the few reasons they haven't gone full retard actually. Chinks don't want faggots and niggers in their entertainment. Hell, between Jews owning Hollywood and chinks buying it out from under them I'll pick the chinks any day of the week.

That's pure bullshit. You have more people working in gaming nowadays than you ever did in the past. The problem isn't a lack of talent, but a lack of passion from the people making games. They're not in the industry because they want to make games and are really passionate about it, they're in it because it's another job for them.

Again, Carmack and Romero never had any sort of "formal" training from useless academia in terms of game design, they simply made the games they wanted to make and it worked pretty well for everyone involved.

Now you have all these moronic hipster rejects that seem to come off an assembly line and have no original thoughts in their pozzed heads all making the same shit games, that look the same and play the same. That's what you get when you formalize an industry.

Welcome to modern Western academia in general. They're all like that.

I disagree that the fault lies with game dev schools. Sure, I agree they don't teach people anything remotely useful and that they'd get more mileage out of a proper computer science course, but it's not like code monkeys are the ones calling the shots. You don't need a programming degree to be a Marxist idea guy, you don't even need technical expertise of any kind, you just need to be good at bullshitting the suits.

Yeah, Jews.

Nothing wrong with the spoops, its a good little change up from guards. Its the levels themselves that ruined the game for me. The design was good, mechanics fine. Too linear or cramped that was made worse by Expert making me run around them even longer.

It all comes to people realizing that vidya requires actual quality, not just pretty graphics. The lack of consumer awareness is astounding, like its okay to dump a ton of money in a broken game and take nearly a decade till finally realizing that you got "tricked".

Most diferent forms of Engeneering are still safe.
Something about math scares off SJW and Jew alike.
Maybe because it requires thinking and understanding shit instead of blindingly believe it is so because it is.

If Hitler was right about one thing, it was that modern art is degenerate trash and those who produce it belong in the ovens.

Jesus fucking Christ. Where did Western culture go so wrong?

Give it another five years. If I've learned one thing about leftism is that it fucking shit up is an inevitable outcome of anything it comes into contact with.

You cant bullshit, sweet talk, push "muh feels" towards math and logic.

shoo shoo jew

You've never looked up Hollywood accounting, have you?

but thats not what he asked at all.
you want fun game? these are 'fun game with friend'

Well, consider that 9 year olds have been learning from Common Core for 2 years now. The first batch of "common core'rs" are now 11 (or close enough). They'll arrive on University in 7 years. I give it 8-9 years for the Engineering degrees to get fucked.
Then again, Common Core is an american thing. That shit doesn't fly on European countries.

It's more that they miss the bases when they're young, never catch up and by the time they're old enough to pick Engeering, they suck so hard at it that no college picks'em up.

shoo shoo jew

Got a great place for you:
>>>Holla Forums
Go and stay go.

Fuck right off.

us gaymers, we hayt gaymees XDDD
upboated

what if the 4-3s have started a demoralization campaign in hopes to disconnect us from what we like so they can be free to destroy it without our resistance?

Never looked up deeply enough, i only know that shit is corrupt as fuck with money laundering schemes.

Trump will rekt that shit or keep it to the Estates that adopted it, with the addition of school choice to be done by the parents.

Thats a given, rest is choke full of Marxist bullshit. Surprisingly how they never tried to push shit like Common Core.

Labor Theory of Value
Theory basically says that things have value because human labor went into the making of it. This includes derivative labor for example even though cars can be made completely automated in assembly the machines that made them took human labor be it physical or mental.
The labor theory of value is less concerned about "the use or pleasure its owner gets from it" and more interested in the fact that humans made it.
The theory has fallen out of use because its less viable then the theory of supply and demand.

Under the labor theory of value performance art probably isn't really valuable because the labor theory of value does acknowledge the utility of a commodity.
Unfortunately because the theory has more or less been disproven; I would argue that its been best disproven by Marx when he set out to disprove capitalism ironicaly enough Marxist economists are still using the LToV, and the theory has fallen out of practical use it has left room for the theory to become flanderized by ironically enough, wealthy retards.

As for why the wealthy seem to be obsessed with the self-mutilation/almost killing yourself/grossing everybody out is due to the fact that wealth breeds degeneracy and deviancy, worse then the degeneracy and deviancy begotten by poverty. Both the wealthy and the poor have nothing to lose when engaging in such acts as the wealthy can simply pay their way out of trouble and the poor are always in trouble to begin with.
For better and for worse these can be offset by socially repressive cultures, however these cultures don't work as well for people who are in between wealthy and poor.

I can't think of any.

What if I can't play videogames right now? What if I have to wait till friday to get back to my vidya?

Thanks for stabbing me and twisting the knife OP

It's Talmudic magic. A movie tanks but you still make a profit and then get a tax break on top.

Why would they need to? European education is pozzed from top to bottom.

So is communism, still doesn't stop pretentious hipsters from pretending it can actually ever work.

Also, I'm still of the belief that modern art is in large part a money laundering scheme, and the "artists" go out of their way to disgust the common public so they won't look too closely at what's going on. The real tragedy is that nobody is actually burning this shit on a pyre.

Sicario and Hardcore Henry were pretty neat.

3d era GTA. Specially san andreas

This needs to be updated.

2016 - "We can't be losing! It's the current year!"
2017 - "lol look at the loser and his videogames!"

I'm predicting full circle. SJWs have been so thorough BTFO. It's like an cockroach that has had it's head cut off but doesn't yet realise it's dead.

You're taking the britbongs education and assuming it's the same everywhere.
Mediterraean countries are still very conservative/catholic. Norway and surrounding countries have some of the best education nowadays. Public too.

What you got in britland is the byproduct of a decade-long attempt to embrace a foreign culture. They did embrace it and unknowlingly were overtaken by it.
Hilariously, this ALSO has a byproduct: generating a counter-action by the people: the rise of extreme right-wing ideas and groups.
These groups manifest themselves in higly pozzed areas. They spawned as an answer to something, as a reaction to an action.
Go further south in Europe and the right-wing parties/groups have far less power popularity. Why? Because they're not needed so far, we're doing fine.
I'm from Portugal, the refugees we got fled the country when they realized we wouldn't give them free shit. A few got houses, but then were told to work for their food. They didn't like the deal and hoped off the Britain and Germany.

I think the West is pretty much done. What we're seeing is the death spasms. Once you let a genie out of the bottle you'll never get it back in. It was true for negro slavery, it was true for female (sexual) liberation, it was true for civil rights, and it will stay true for the "slow" erosion of the white majority in Western countries.

Britain and France are just ahead of the curve, but the West as a whole is a lost cause. There is neither the time nor the will to make people see reason before it's too late.

Falloutβ„’4β„’ and Season Pass

I've heard some anecdotal stories of good goy liberals turning their backs on vidya since they are fully convinced that all vidya that isn't make by a blue-haired hipster must be an indoctrination device for alt-right white nations which make people love Trump.

It's funny you mention that. The movements to abolish slavery? A reaction to how poorly nigger owners treated them. Female liberation? Reaction to how women were treated.
Whites are eroding because the world is reacting to our actions. And it's biting back.

I personally wouldn't worry too much user. Things have a way to come full circle, and what you see happening nowadays will in turn cause a reaction later. Looking at all 3 things you mentioned (slavery, feminism and civil rights) I'd advise you read up a couple texts about the end of the Roman Empire.
We've been here before user. It took about 2000 years to repeat the cycle, but here we are. But thanks to history, we know were this road leads. It's gonna be hard for us, yeah. But it's gonna be even bitter for them.

Why would you? Trying to pull them from this path would prevent them from feeling the "action" on their skin and thus prevent the eventual "reaction".
Let them be "culturaly enriched" 24/7. Let them hear their daughters cry and see their son corpse on the street. If you act, they'll react against you.
If you let your enemy act, they'll react against them.

But they weren't treated poorly, relatively speaking. A fit slave didn't come cheap, you gained nothing by starving and abusing them needlessly. Do farmers today abuse their cows or do they go through great lengths to ensure they are healthy and well fed?

Again, they were never mistreated as a general rule. Sure, you had abusive husbands, but it's not like that has changed after females got "liberated".

Why wasn't it reacting when whites had near complete hegemony over it? No, the world is reacting because they smell weakness they can exploit. The problem are white populations themselves, they've lost their edge, and apparently their minds too.

Oh, I know well that those three things will come into vogue again once the Muslims start flexing their political muscle in the West.

And you'll forgive me for worrying. I really don't see a wait out of this mess. The measures that would need to be taken are the kind of things normalfags cannot stomach to see unfold. You'd first need to spend at least a few decades thoroughly deprogramming them and properly educating their progeny before even attempting to broach the subject, and we don't have the time.

Even if you were to go cold turkey tomorrow and stop all immigration you'd be merely delaying the inevitable, and large scale deportations would first require nullifying all manner of laws on personhood, civil and human rights, and somehow pressuring their countries of origin into taking them back without eliciting international outcry. I can't even imagine what it would take to push through a proper shoah.

I have no faith they'll ever see sense though. Not even the rape and death of their own children seem to snap them out of it.

I go in thinking I'm just going to have fun in every Bethesda game I've preordered, and let me tell you, I have never been so satisfied. Every single one of them is amazing and I don't know how I- err, Todd keeps getting away with putting out amazing games year after year after year. You guys are depressed because you never play Bethesda games the way they were meant to be played.

Reading comprehension fail you?

When talking about niggers that's actually a compliment.

But just a couple months back I spent four hours modding lewd mods into Skyrim. Making the mods actually work was the most fun I had with the game in years.

No, I just ignored that part because it's fucking stupid, user.

People treat dogs well, you still don't want to be called one.

They were user. The number of Masters that treated them well (read: feed and gave them lodging good enough not to contract deseases) grew small over the years. The number of slaves dying from beatings or sickness increased at a steady rate. White people took them for granted. Hubris if you will, was their downfall.

If you wanna generalize, sure. But let's look at the particulars here. After WW1, a lot of women didn't have a husband/father/son. They died in the war. This lead to a large portion of the female population having no man around them. They didn't have their traditional "Home Caretaker" role available to them because there wasn't anyone home to take care. What happened afterwards took DECADES to settle in but this man-less women took up other ocupations. Ocupations we desperatly needed them to take them since we had a shortage of man power (again, large ammount of dead young men in the war while the old one's died off). This was met with hostility by men since they didn't know how to handle it, especially when their own wives and daughters who HAD a man in their life decided they wanted to try it aswell. WW2 was the breaking point when even MORE men died and further tipped the scale. Not the cause, just the breaking point.

You also gotta realize that we're not talking about months or a couple years now. I'm talking about actions and their reactions that took DECADES to happen. They slowly morphed and twisted society. It's easy to blame Jews and Muslims because it put the root of all evils on some other group. It even helps if it's a group you already hate, so you can feel like the "good guy" here. But as long as people don't look at their past and recognize their errors, they'll keep scapegoating their mistakes into the same old patsies and repeat them ad infinitum.

Kill yourself.

Niggers are worth less than dogs, even white collard negros hate niggers, and niggers outnumber them easily.

And I fully agree, OP.

Thank you for not being a faggot.

Yeah. they teach jihadists how to shoot guns.

something like that

webm didn't go through

That game thought me one important thing about being a politician: if you wanna stay in power, you don't do what you think is right.
You do what the polls tell you is popular.
If 2/3 of the population wants something, you tell the other 1/3 to take a fucking hike, ethics and morals be damned.

It's like that saying "Democracy is when 3 people get together and 2 of them agree to rob the third one"

Even your picture says Sweden, are you illeterate or something?

Wait, wrong font there.

π’©π’Ύπ‘”π‘”π‘’π“‡π“ˆ 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒢𝒹 π’žπ“Šπ“‡π“ˆπ’Ύπ“‹π‘’

That's when you stage a coup and make yourself El Presidente and gift all the leftist with free helicopter rides.

And that's why Tropico is a spiritual Sequel to Democracy.

Norway is also pozzed, m8

π’±π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’π‘œπ‘”π’Άπ“‚π‘’π“ˆ 𝒢𝓇𝑒 π“ˆπ“Šπ“…π‘œπ“ˆπ‘’π’Ή π“‰π‘œ 𝒷𝑒 π’»π“Šπ“ƒ.

Back to Holla Forums with you. Learn what a word means before opening your mouth.

What are you, 80?

What a pozzed guy this user is.

What a leftistist shill this user is.
Confirmed for shitskin.

Also that's not a fucking G it's a stickman or your brain freezing. this is a shitty cursive G

I think that arc above is suposed to go full circle.

Mine is a capital G and yours isn't.
How do you write so well with a computer? Are you not using a mouse to do that?

Old Ace of Spades
Shadow of the Colossus
Space Station 13 honk
Any Stalker game but ClearSky

I'm using a touchpad (portable computer).
It's really not that hard, just draw it very slowly.

Also, shitposter-kun i don't know how to write without cursive. They only taught cursive in my school.

now thats what i call a learning curve

Same for me, but I keep cursive for quick notes.
My handwriting is shit, so it ends up looking like a cypher only I understand most of the time anyway.

Say, if you wanna shitpost:
This thread reached critical shitposting mass near the end. Everyone is having a jolly goodtime. I'm gonna leave this thread for OP and his happy times. I think Holla Forums needs that more than shitposting.

I own a tablet, but how do I draw on it?

I NEED TO FUCKING MAKE PORN

Enjoy literally wasting your time.

Look up anatomy guides and keep drawing.