Nightcrawler

Why didn't this get memed? It's like American Psycho or Drive if Drive wasn't complete shit.

Nightcrawler is top-tier autismkino, but there aren't any really memey parts in it.

I wonder how it feels to be better waifu material than your sister.

The movie was way too edgy/autistic for my tastes. I still love Gyllenhaal, he's not a generic one dimensional actor like 99% of Hollywood.

There are a few.

American Psycho if it wasn't complete shit would be Vampire's Kiss.

I remember he said the news only cares about white people lel

Nightcrawler is a serious look at a psychopath. It's not a slasher/aesthetic/action movie. It's just a movie about a psycho doing psycho things. So there's not really any memes in it.

Damn I didn't know they made another XMen movie.

I think the scene of him recording his dying friend is far scarier than any slasher flick

Drive>Nightcrawler
You'd know this if you weren't an autistic pleb with shit taste

Drive is autists as they'd like to be seen. Nightcrawler is closer to reality.

But I'm not, Nightcrawler was forgettable and I haven't stopped thinking about Drive and revisiting it ever since I watched it. Same with OGF. Refn's films make a lasting impression.
He's not wrong when he says this:

Can confirm.
One of my friends loves the film and the guys who did the score and he is a fairly autistic.

real human bean
and a real hero

Nightcrawler is about a psychopath, if Jake was autistic he wouldn't be so good at manipulation.

Fair enough. But he would be a weirdo loner who people feel an instinctive revulsion towards.

I see your perspective. However, Drive is exclusively about aesthetic so all the effort is focused on this. Nightcrawler has more dimension to it (like a regular film) so it doesn't need to hot the viewer over the face with it's image.

except our based driver is a good guy that got stuck in a bad situation fighter for the right reasons and night crawler is literally le edgy sociopath guy

I couldn't take it seriously, precisely because it seemed Gyllenhaal was trying to do his best Patrick Bateman impression and it was a bad one

Good lord

I just realized I have a teacher that looks like Maggie

That's not true, though. A lot of autists are actually the best manipulators, because they usually dissect social interaction down to a fine science in order to fit in and can read social cues a lot better than most normal people after years of perfecting the art. They are faking it but they are very good at it.

It's a weird paradox.

you mean to say sociopaths and yes that is very true

that's a bad picture of both of them but i still want to fuck Jake, yet Maggie looks like her cat just died and nobody at the PTA meeting cared

Wonder how both movies would have turned out if the lead actors were switched. If Ryan Gosling was cast as Lou in Nightcrawler then maybe it would have been more memey.

I think Gosling could probably do Lou, but i don't think Jake could be cool and stoic enough to be the driver. I mean Jake is obviously a much better actor but he doesn't have the flare that the scorpion jacket requires.

Based on what? Name one role Ryan Gosling played where his shortcomings were detectable.

Listen, I love the Goose. I'll watch whatever he's in, same with Jake. But Gosling is not a top tier actor. Blade Runner and The Place Beyond the Pines were both movies where he tried to express excess emotion and he either couldn't do it or wasn't directed properly.

huh?
I think you're assuming he tried to do things he never tried to do.
Did you watch "The Nice Guys"?

How the fuck are they even related

He can't do stoic breaking down because his voice cracks and comes off as silly. I think he could do it another way but this shit doesn't work. I actually like it, I think it's gritty and realistic, but it doesn't work well in the films.