Games that were 'localized' in 2016

What was the most butchered 'localization' released in 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/X2w49
psnprofiles.com/trophies/3319-criminal-girls-invite-only
psnprofiles.com/trophies/5255-criminal-girls-2
pastebin.com/N8VKGxR9
nichegamer.com/2017/01/03/starbound-dev-working-on-two-new-games-first-is-advance-wars-meets-fire-emblem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything from Nintendo or NISA

FE Fates, by far.
It hurts

A butchered translation for the final swing of the knife that butchered 2 franchises decency.
Truly games are art

Though nothing tops #FE and Fates.

#FE's translation is so fucking shitty that even folks I argue with about this shit and whether it's justified couldn't defend it. I think it takes the cake, candidly.

Actually it's highly likely the "localisation" of FE Fates finished in December 2015

it still hurts a little ;-;

And pics related are not even the worst offenders
Still doesn't takes the fact that the main story was kinda retarded

The rest are here btw: imgur.com/gallery/X2w49

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was pretty extreme.

I'm only playing the restoration patch, but apparently the fucking ((localizers)) couldn't spell check "envelops" for heal points. Honestly, if it weren't for the patch, I'd have said this is the dumbest, lowest effort shit I've seen in years.

Are you trying to make me want to napalm Shithouse?

Please do so, they deserve that and so much more
Fucking cunts

Do it. This is the shit they do to justify being paid so much and they do shit like removing extra details and cover themselves with trying to take the moral high ground.

What better why to start the new year than with fireworks?

Eh. They did actually make a good decision and cut out the part where you have to do both sides of the sidequests twice to get the good ending for each path. In the original jap version, you had to lose a job (until new game+ the actual one, not the in story one) to get something besides a scene where Edea goes "Hrmmrmr. did I make the right choice?" In all versions besides Jap, you get the full ending of each path of the sidequests first run through.

As for the rest, just use the uncensored CIA. Unless you paid for it like a pleb.

rip vagina bones

Man, did that game to shit fast or what?

Come on OP be nice it's the only way for Nintendo to be noticed. This way they get the "biggest cunts in games industry" award every year.

Why are there so many changes though? It's rated for teens, which is most would start at 12. Is it some sort of crusade to protect the young and impressionable from an evil Japanese influence. Is talking about titties at that age really that bad?
I remember talking about titties at school with my friends, and talking about video game titties too.

Probably localizers thinking they can rewrite it better than the original.

It's a combination, I think. They have to justify work done and how much they charge to get work done. So they make these changes, cover it under "it's for tbe good of the country" and get paid fat stacks for ruining video games.

They're SJWs.

psnprofiles.com/trophies/3319-criminal-girls-invite-only
psnprofiles.com/trophies/5255-criminal-girls-2

Fates, by far.
Dishonorable mentions goes to #FE for censoring all content that was even remotely sexual and Bravely Second for censoring a fucking art book.

Why did they make them all friend zone her?

Posting another set because holy fuck. The dialogue wasn't great even in Japanese, but this is just pathetic and lazy.

Because they made her lesbian.

But she still can't marry any of the girl characters right?

A pastebin if anyone feels like comparing or whatever.

Correct. Treehouse created a situation where they'd have to reprogram entire portions of the game for the change to make an iota of sense, but they decided to not do that, keep the change, and have it make little to no sense.

Fucking Treehouse.

I'm glad I learned Japanese

If only I put the pastebin in my post.
pastebin.com/N8VKGxR9

Why the fuck is this allowed?

Pic related

Didn't this happen to the Berseria chick as well?

I still can't believe I know someone willing to defend what happened to this.
Fuckers like this are why this is allowed.

leftycuck sjws who work under nintendo. What the fuck did you think was going to happen?
The modern leftist always cites a nintendo game when asked how "nerdy" they are. It's just an odd observation I have noticed.

There were tons of faggots who defended the localization, saying that it didn't mattered in the end, or that the complains were just nitpicking, and tons of other idiotic arguments

You are a part of the problem.

You know you just can pirate the fucking thing, right ?

you know you're still playing the fucking thing, right?

What consequences does that have?

Sure it's about money. The developer trusts the localizer to open up the market as much as possible, and the localizer tells the developer to pay up for changes that will supposedly make them more money. But what's the reason that's used to get more money every damn time? There's countless excuses they could use to get more money, but they always go with sex.

You can try not sounding like a retard and actually try to make an argument.

You're spending time on this game, and not others. You could be playing a different, better game instead, which you'd then decide to buy and support. Or even you'd just talk about it which might encourage others to buy it through word of mouth.
It'd deprive terrible games like this of what little oxygen they have.

Haven't played the game, don't plan to, don't even own a DS, but sounded like you needed a better response than the asshat was giving you.

The only thing that comes close is Criminal Girls 2, even though it was actually consistent unlike the insanity that was the Fates and #FE "improvements". It actually removed the entire point of the game which was to be a light S&M eroge game. They covered up so much of the erotic art and removed all of the S&M stuff. Them removing all the voice-overs in the punishment sections made the scenes so creepy awkward. I don't even know who the game is for anymore and I'm fairly certain NISA doesn't know either.

He's playing the game with all the censorship removed and he didn't give Nintendo any money for "localizing" it. So what is the issue? The whole reason why people care about this shit is because they want to play the games being made without assholes fucking with them. Which is exactly what this user is doing.

See here

Then tilt your head back and uproariously laugh at them. Laugh very hard.

Yeah NISA is losing their customer base. They made assertions that the reason why they even bothered bringing over Criminal Girls 2 is because they're fans buy their games so it will sell decently. That migt have been true at one point but constantly fucking with your product and treating your customers with contempt and like a bunch of idiots drys that well up especially when you're dealing with niche games like this. They'll probably just blame it on Vita piracy though and learn nothing from this.

Why aren't you learning Nipponese?

BECAUSE I FUCKING CAN'T

Did the same shits at Treehouse work on Awakening?

Can I just buy from GameStop and patch it or some shit?

I'm not so sure man. I do believe NISA is losing the large majority of their old customers, but in lieu of that they are gaining the new brand of shiteater weebs. The stupid fucks who eat up garbage like DanganRonpa, the SJWeebs who hate certain elements and so applaud their censorship, the lolsowackyXDDDDDD memer faggots, and so forth.

I'm afraid they'll counterbalance the hit NISA took by pissing off so many people. I fear for this, but pray I'm wrong. Anyway you slice it, though, NISA operates on such low costs that they can perennially milk their cash-cows and tank all the shitty sales they deserve and get, if only that one series sells like hotcakes.

And they do. Meanwhile they ruin many games unimpeded until the next big payout puts them back in business.

The icing on the cake is that they did the same thing and got just as burned when they did it to Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls 2. I remember NISA employees streaming some game and begging people to buy Mugen Souls. They learned absolutely nothing from the experience, doubled down, and for fucking once, a shitty company with shitty practices got what it deserved.

No Awakening was done by 8-4 it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Fates but it still had some CGs altered and the localization still changed a bunch of character traits. I don't know of a patch for Awakening because it came out before that stuff became a normal thing. People also didn't figure out about the changes until after the game came out.

No, Awakening was done by 8-4. Which is sad, because as many fuckups as that, had, it was translated better. Yes, a third-party translator did better work than Nintendo's personal inhouse translators.
I don't know if you can patch Awakening, but you can Fates.

I'm trying. Shit's slow, though. It would be better if they cared about other markets and didn't license to shit localizers. Nipponese make great media and would be rolling in cash if they had any concern for exporting it.

Glad to hear. I really want to try it since I loved Advanced Wars: Dual Strike and Days of Ruin and I find it extremely charming how I can have my soldiers find love on a battlefield in different ways along with plenty of entertaining conversations in general.

Yes indeed. Nobody can forget that video. Truly a pathetic video, from a pathetic company.

wut

lol, source?

i haven't the faintest.

No, Awakening was indeed pretty shit.

Reminder that DR was going to be a bigger, more ambitious game with a lot more choice and even a darker tone with no forced lesson about hope involved until all of it was slashed out to create a game for the Japanese mainstream.

Fates takes the cake in my opinion

It's like they just decided to double down on the wacky. Really hope the region-free rumors for the Switch are true

Danganronpa was uncensored and had dual audio. Not bad for Nisa.

And yes it's weebshit but that is exactly what I want. Worth $€20.

I've heard the fanbase is obnoxious but hell when was the last time I paid attention to other people and let them ruin my enjoyment?

You're in a thread to bitch about localization. I'm pretty sure we all want weebshit that isn't tainted by filthy localizers.

Even if the rumors are true, Nintendo systems haven't been worth buying since the N64, and even that was a poor showing compared to the SNES. The only thing that could possibly save the Switch is if it becomes the new home for low cost, 3rd party development like the 3DS and Vita are now, but Nintendo's long history of fucking over third party devs makes this unlikely.

Out of all the nintendo systems I'd rate the N64 the LEAST worth owning second only to the Gamecube. The wiiU barely beats it out. The Wii is easily second place. And that's not getting into handhelds.

It's like your faggot parents never bought you a GBA or a DS.

Just comparing it to fates where they removed an entire mode and locked out certain marriage options and vastly changed characters completely. Fates also removed vast swathes or art and models for every character. So yeah Awakening was a shit a job but 8-4 didn't seem to actively hate the game like treehouse did with Fates.

Wow that is fucking sad. Also how do you stream when your mic is fucked liked that?

If you're into that stuff the guys who made starbound announced today that they're making a game that is supposed to be some kind of hybrid between Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.
nichegamer.com/2017/01/03/starbound-dev-working-on-two-new-games-first-is-advance-wars-meets-fire-emblem/

Yeah that seems to be the thing with NISA when it's a game they think will make them money they don't tend to censor shit, I'm sure there have been exceptions though. Like I think Criminal Girls 2 was the first NISJ game they did that was butchered to fuck.

shit like this just convinces me that official translators don't actually speak any Japanese

Speaking of FE Fates, does anyone have a cia of the newest fan translation patch (4.0)?
I can't find it anywhere

But they didn't? The only thing they bothered to change regarding the marriage options was changing Owain and Lucina's potetnial S support into "lifelong companions" instead of outright marriage.

Some don't. Off the top of my head, nobody on the team for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine knew Japanese. Their job was to clean up the results of google translate while begging people on the forums to fill in the holes google left.

I don't think the translators do that stuff. The problem with most localization companies seem to have is that they don't have just translators and editors. They have translators, editors, and WRITERS. So stuff gets translated handed to the writers they write new text that then goes to the editors. So if you get a writer who thinks they're a real writer you get bullshit like Fates.

No I meant Fates locked out certain marriage options I could be misinformed though I never played the thing. I just heard that your son, if you have one, has like 2 or 3 women he cannot marry that he could in the Japanese version.

Oh, yeah, I heard that too. Yeah, they changed it to friend zoning a lot.

You would be correct in that statement.

For what purpose?

Danganronpa still had a garbage localization full of name changes, memes, and misplaced jokes . The end of the first game has a joke about Crazy Eddie, a northeast US electronics retailer that went belly up in the early 80s, known for its over the top TV commercials. Not only is it out of place in a game about Japanese teens too young to even know what the fuck that is, most of the audience of the game is too young to know what that is. I only caught on because I'm barely old enough to remember the TV commercials.

NoA staff want you to experience their lives as beta orbiters through video games.

They're ridiculous moral police.

Think about it this way: At least you're not stuck in a dead-end job writing cringy censored dialogue for a company that would rather make kids toys plus you're not anthony burch

Because fuck you, that's why.

WOMEN ARE NOT YOUR TOYS SHITLORD

That first one is so pathetic. The rest just reek of tumblr-bait.

Could it be possible that this uprise in recent shitty localization's from Treehouse are happening because Nintendo total hardware output is selling worse (mostly Wii U) then at any other point in the company's history?

Less hardware sales means less games get released by Nintendo, so NoA treehouse employees try to get more money per game by charging for more "localizing" changes in every game.

If those Glassdoor employee reviews of NoA are legit, they get paid less than working for other video game translation companies, and this could just be a (shitty) short term personal profit strategy by NoA translators to get more money until better hardware sales happen (with new hardware like the Switch). The irony is this "strategy" is driving off (knowledgeable) fans from buying these "localized" games (or forcing them to pirate/soft mod ta proper Japan version translation) while relying on sales from normalfags who don't know any regional "changes".

I thought it was because NoA has only ever translated shit like Mario since the N64 days and they're not used to this bullshit so the only thing they've got to go on is "change anything that seems remotely offensive."

God the NOA version is gay, overly expository, and melodramatic compared to the original.

Fates still wouldn't have been a good game, but it might have been tolerable

Alright, I'm going to completely crush this inexcusable shit.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

fug

now where did someone put that learning moonrunes thread

we warned them nobody will buy CG2
everyone warned them nobody will buy CG2
people registerd to nisa forums just to tell them nobody will buy CG2 as it stands

they didn't listen a single bit

they should just die

Shit. I fucking love Sophie, though. Best kid.

What game is this? I don't recognise it. Is it an MMO?

the only way NISA doesn't butcher the game is when you stand behind them breathing into their neck

Go to the fire emblem subreddit if you want to see cancer firsthand

With all the bullshit they pulled everywhere else in the game, I'm surprised that best girl's support chain with the male avatar is mostly intact. Yeah, they use a blindfold instead of some magic powder now, but with the tumblrshit permeating the translation I'm in awe we got even that much.

Some perspective: Psnprofiles and other trophy server watching sites aren't reflective of the general ownership. There's plenty of fractions in the PS3/4/Vita customerbase that don't sign up for or sign on to those sites, so it's not nearly as accurate as a steam sales curator would be.

Even if you generously assume only a mere 10% of the customers sign in/on, that number still reflects a pitifully small 5k copies sold.

Sorry NISA defenceforce, but your games a shit and a flop.