RIMWORLD

When is Tynan going to add forced social time between rimmers?

I am thinking like a daughter that sees her father for the first time on a planet, at least spend like 5 minutes talking and embracing each other in a hug, before going back to work.

Somethingl ike that.

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27288.0
exhentai.org/g/543387/6c1106b542/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564&searchtext=chat
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=season_(artist)
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Stone
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Satinspar
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Selenite
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Wood
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Ore
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Metal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want that mod that makes them lie to one another to be a thing.

ehh what, user?

Oh shit nigger what are you doing?

Rumors and Deception
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27288.0

It's pretty straightforward.

fucking pleb, wind turbine/geothermal is the only correct option

This update was good, but it didn't flesh out the caravan thing 100%

How about the mod that makes them climb z-levels?

Sounds like a plan….

kys fam is there any way at all to get a cave's room above "awful" aside from making rugs or putting art in there?

You mean, picking someone and RClicking someone else, choosing an available action?
I doubt that would happen since it invalidates their personality and there's probably a very large amount of social actions for a simple dropdown menu.
Besides, what would the point of that being if there's no rape mod yet?

Can Tynan implement platonic cuddling between colonists who syleep outside for warmth?

Can Tynan implement a "touchy" trait, which makes some colonists prone to hugging and requesting to cuddle with other colonists and often give them random massages?

I think that would very much add to the game.

The only people who don't like touchy persons would be psychopaths. Oh and if the touchy person is ugly, everyone dislikes his advances.

Use the smooth floor tool

If you watch A16 features video, Tynan specifically says this is the first iteration. They had to get the main features working before refining them.

That's a relief. I'd hate for him to do a halfassed job at this. My main problem with rimworld was not being able to leave your base and just wander around. I don't think it would be hard to program the npcs to have functional bases.

What are your guys absolutely necessary mods?

For me:
EPOE
A Dog Said
Chemical Extraction/Neutroamine Crafting
Rumors & Deception
RimFridge
Fuse Circuit Breaker
Solar Flare Shield

Better Surgeries A16 fucking WHEN?

I'd get it if it didn't have events that make colonists leave.

are there any similar games to this that I can host a server for and play with my niggas?

No

I want him to add Anti-Air emplacements to shoot down raider drop-pods.
I'd also like wide-area EMP pylons that disable or heavily slow down all robotic units within their radius.
Give both an extremely high power cost to balance them out, and I can finally run an endless fortress mode without constant nuisance. That, or he needs to add z-levels.

I haven't tried out the latest update yet, but does this "explorable world" thing mean that eventually I'll be able to go out and genocide all factions that fuck with my base?

Kinda, but it's not as satisfying as you might imagine

Any way to stop your guys eating raw meat and instead cook it into meals first?

put it in a place where only the cook is allowed to go? Why do they do that anyway my guys always went for grain / some other shit if I was out of meals and never raw meat.

You know what's fun? Seeing what happens when there's very little food.
I once had a guy that was out hunting animals and the first thing he does after he kills a boar is eat part of the carcass on the spot.

But the best was when I had extreme problems with lack of food.
So one guy that was non-violent just keels over and dies from something stupid like an infection. Someone else comes along and takes a nice big bite out of him.
But just because everyone in Rimworld is a psychopath, he then takes the body to my hospital and feeds it to a patient that was hungry.
It was Recyclying Day for the colony.

Very early on in Pottstown I found an ancient danger, I've cracked it open and each time there's just been a bunch of megascarabs and a few spacers who I've had to subdue.

Also, I love the RNG which put a poison whip right in the middle of my base, containing the toxic spread.

so first time playing and this is my little settlement after 5 hours, any recommendations on building a better site?

I'd put your stove and food storage a lot closer to your butcher and meat storage

Your base will probably end in a big fire

Double or triplewall your perimeter rooms, make some outside bunkers, remove cover such as rocks from likely enemy approaches. Use "windows" for covering arcs of fire. Also

Can someone upload the latest version to volafile?

Also, is the 40k mod updated yet?

why are double/triple walls important, are there later enemies than can penetrate walls?

Can disease spread from places like butchers or is hat not a thing implemented? That was my mindset keeping it away from the kitchen/freezer area

Well, would you prefer those rockets, grenades and miniguns to hit your dirt cheap block walls or your medibeds/stockpiles/whatever? I've found that a 2xcorridorx2 wall with sandbags on the outer side will make most AI just say fuck it and run into your funnel.

It also helps with planning base climate control.

Don't use cave walls they have -beauty, and either smooth the floor or put actual flooring in as default cave floors also have -beauty.

Colony Manager
Work Tab
Enhanced Crafting
Hauling Hysteresis

All mods that basically just make your colony more efficient.

IIRC smoothed cave floor gives the highest beauty bonus there is

It's so weird that there's no smooth walls option yet.

Ah nevermind about the walls my entire colony died to the plague when we brought in a plague infested refugee being chased down by gunner pirates atleast my last colonist managed to bury them before bleeding out

and that wasnt from the bullets, my cat became a manhunter and clawed her to death

start building into mountains. since i started doing that the little problems i was frustrated by basically disappeared

what i do is start in a mountainous region, find the biggest mountain, and dig into it. make sure to allow for one space on either side of everything you mine out because you'll want to put other walls in there (anything but default cave), otherwise your people will be miserable. sit and stare at your starting point for awhile and plan it out. use the planning tool. the way i prioritize my start:

1: dig a big communal room to be used for beds at first, that can be converted to a hospital once you've dug individual rooms for your guys
2: dig a large room (doesn't need to be lined with other walls) and designate it as storage only for food and corpses. dig two one-space-wide paths from this room to the outside because you're going to install cooling units in them (make sure they're cooling the room and venting heat outside). set temp to -5 degrees and voila, a walk-in freezer where as long as the freezers are powered you'll never have spoiled food
3: designate a 10x10 or so growing area for strawberries. if you don't have anyone with enough skill for strawberries, i don't know, potatoes or rice i guess
4: set up a solar generator and dig another room and don't wall it, for your batteries. remember not to use wood for anything in a room where a fire could spread. to my knowledge if a room is roofed it'll never have a power surge but i could be wrong, plan for the worst
5: remember to use the roofing tool to expand the roofing area of your base. when you dig out cave rooms they're not roofed by default
5b: don't dig your rooms too big or the mountain will collapse. if you're lucky you'll just end up with a mess on the floor, if you're unlucky your best miner will get crushed under the rockslide and instantly die with zero chance to fix them

just think ahead and use the fuckin planning tool, it's so handy to have a little guide on-screen to show you what that idea you had will actually look like without having to spend time and resources

Should've built that wall. :^)

I was hoping to take the rifle he had and then euthanize him but I guess the jokes on me

why would I harvest organs from a critically sick man, not that it made much difference since he infected my whole colony and probably my cat too

You really should've built that wall. and I don't believe diseases transmit over organs, ie you only get sell able/usable ones

even if the organ was diseased, who cares? throw it away or feed it to a wild animal, the experience for your doctor is what's important

Post your bases.

You can put solar panels in the space needed for the turbine without blocking it.

well I went back to an old save, now my base gets attacked by a man eater rhino and as i'm fighting it one of my colony decides to suddenly indulge her pyromanic fetish and sets fire to the hospital where i'm recovering a delicious brown girl who dropped from a pod.

as i'm frantically rushing around my base between the fire and my gunman fending off the rhino I find the fat cook in a pool of blood in the kitchen which is also covered in blood and I can only assume he fell on his plsteel knife as he has one knife wound in his stomach and bruises and cracked bones from probably falling over. and as I put out the hospital fire the fucking brown girl jumps up completely naked and flees the area

I dont even know anymore

Dunno why but I found this hilarious

I had a female cat called Trump.

Incidentally, cat breeding is a fast way to mad dosh. Both bulk and exotic traders buy cats and my 9 year old cat Isabel has given birth to nearly 30 kittens after about 3-4 years.

I only sell the male ones and I keep around one of Isabel's son's (Gerald) around to be my bull. Every time I click on Isabel's social tab I crack up at the amount of incest.

With the new caravan/moving the base mechanic, I'm having a good time RPing a solo adventurer start as a cannibal psychopath. Build a little base here and there and eat anyone who tries to join me while slowly building wealth and research, and gathering pack animals.

How do you do this without giving them top tier skills in almost everything? What about injuries and disease?

SAUCE

nvm

Yeah sauce?

I've been working on quite a few mods for this game. Most recently I made a mod that lets you nerve staple colonists or prisoners. Makes prisoners immediately join you and removes disruptive/annoying behaviours, permanently. Good for absurdly high recruit difficulty prisoners or pyromaniacs. But it does cause brain damage for balance.

Or better yet add an option for the daughter to get in a relationship with her father

make a mod that lets us feed living prisoners into crematoriums. even better, make a mod that allows us to set priorities on that, so I can save my precious graves for people and animals I actually give a shit about and prisoners or raiders go directly into the furnace

hard mode: let us use them as fuel

How about a trader area mod so they set up where you want them too and not inside your refrigerator or wherever the hell they please.

Good idea, it should be possible to create zones for them, or block them from entering certain zones.

It's also annoying when they start eating at your table and then your colonists complain when they had to eat without.

exhentai.org/g/543387/6c1106b542/

There used to be a mod that let us use corpses as a source of fuel. I got a corpse generator on randy random and named my little colony Auschwitz and kept us well powered with dead raiders but every so often I'd have to declare a couple of my colonists crypto jews and sacrifice them to the furnace so my OG colonist Laura 'footjobs' Hitler could enjoy TV while bed ridden Waiting for a new cybernetic leg and our greenhouse stayed on.

Its not really that hard of a mod to make, clone the wood furnace and replace wood with corpses then rename it.

Just roll for a while. Otherwise, get that "ENB Prepare Carefully" mod and give them a suitable background with good stats, but don't go overboard or it's boring. As for injury and disease, well, don't get injured or diseased. Use long range weapons and play carefully. Alternatively, make a servant named Watson or something who lives in a little shack outside your manor and takes care of such things for you.

You can alter the bill on graves to only allow colonists or pets.

Nothing comes up, I already searched Exhentai I found nothing.

NVM
Didn't do it the first for whatever reason

How bad is playing with perpetual flashstorm?

I am thinking about this + ice sheet, but I am scared that it will continually fuck my power supply.

add z levels

If Tynan added this, Rimworld would forever be better than Dwarf Fortress.

I hope that he can show graphically when you are looking at a certain z level, the level below and above that, maybe by making them look transperent and shaded or something. Idk, but that would be really cool.

Anywhere to get these that isn't the workshop? I ain't buying early access and the Nexus seems not to have most shit.

one of my colonists ate his best friend before burying what was left of his body

Hey guys is this mod working? I wanna set up a server for my friends so we can comfy chat while building and helping each other out

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564&searchtext=chat

It won't be better than dwarf fortress until complex feats of engineering to build outlandish weapons and structures are a thing. Even then, it would take years and years for this game to reach the complexity and emergent storytelling of DF.

yeah it works, sending colonists only works if you have the same mod list and mod load order IIRC. but aside from that it works just fine.

Heres my current base and I'm a lazy fag who hasnt turned off the tutorial. god I love embrasures.
How do you stop food poisoning and infestation?

Why the fuck is there still no way to prioritize the hauling of food and shit that's decaying outside instead of something stupid like stones?

Why is there no way to tell only skilled builders to make furniture and expensive machines, and make everyone else place walls and pave floors?

Why is there no way to give priorities to crafting tasks so making equipment is important but cutting stone is "do this if you have nothing better to do"?

Why can't you craft more than the crafting bill "until you have" treshold, so your colonist don't have to constantly run to craft another 1 meal when someone grabs one?

Why can't I give an order to rebuild furniture if it's shit quality, instead of having to first wait for some lazy asshole to finally demolish it, and then set another order to build another?

Why is there no way to prevent a heat wave from rotting everything in a refrigerated room without quadrupling the amount of coolers that's normally needed?

Why can't I tell people that the backdoor to my fridge is only for quick farm access, not for walzing in and through all the fucking time whenever you want and letting the heat in?

Why do machines have low power usage instead of no power usage even when you shut them off?

Why isn't there a way to tell how much power you're generating and using and which things are generating/using most?

Why is geothermal so OP?

Why do you need to babysit your colonists if you don't want them to shoot each other and your pets while hunting animals?

Why can't you prioritize using foods that are older instead of foods that were just picked up while cooking meals?

Why can't you tell the total durability that an item would have without the refrigerated/frozen modifier?

Why can't you tell what the "ideal temperature" of crops is?

Why can't you use herbal medicine on bruises and stupid bullshit that you get constantly because your colonists are fucking retards and can't stop beating each other up for no reason, and reserving expensive high quality medicine on actual diseases and wounds?

Why isn't there a way to punish people who beat other people up without everyone getting all pissy about it?

Why do you have to babysit people's weapons every time they beat each other up, instead of making them pick it back up when they're done sitting in bed?

Why can't you decide to be an "evil" colony who can kill and enslave strangers without everyone getting all pissy about it?

Why can't you tell colonists to clean when a room gets to a specific dirtiness, instead of either non stop or fucking never?

Why can't you tell your colonists to hunt in groups, especially when hunting bigger animals?

Why can't you make melee characters hunt small animals even when they're a power armor sporting half-mechanical killing machine?

Why can't you tell your colonists to keep around animals who can carry items so they can haul larger amounts of items, especially when carrying crops inside?

Why are bears/wolves/foxes allowed to appear out of fucking nowhere and seemingly run straight to your front yard without warning and start eating people/pets?

Why can't you build cheap unreliable fences or something to prevent animals from going through?

Why isn't there a way to see how far the roof can hold from walls, without having to do autistic tile counting when making large rooms?

Why can't I give an order to cut trees, but only trees that are at 100% growth?

Why isn't there an RNG setting that doesn't make multiple bullshit events happen in a very quick succession, but sometimes do absolutely nothing at all for very long stretches of time, all on the same difficulty setting?

Why have I been dealing with the same frustrating bullshit since the first time I played this game?

For food poison just get a higher level cook to make everything. For infestations, they only spawn in mined out mountain areas. They also spawn in the least lit area so you can contain them in dark fake kill rooms while keeping your main rooms lit up.

1. d
2. w
3. a
4. r
5. f
6. f
7. o
8. r
9. t
10. r
11. e
12. s
13. s

thank god 90% of that is fixed by mods if only the cunt would implement them

sage

The overwhelming majority of mods are hosted on the game's forum, steam workshop is secondary, and nexus is not used at all.

But DF does a lot of those, you right cumguzzling faggot.

The game isn't even finished for fuck's sake, and it's still better than anything Bethesda has shat out since Morrowind.

Is there any site that has mods from the steam workshop that I can use? There's some good shit on there but there's also chucklefucks who refuses to paste a direct link.

What's the ETA on Z levels Tynan?

Never. Z levels only work in something like Dwarf Fortress where the graphics are so minimal that it doesn't eat up all of the processing.

Are rimworlds graphics really that taxing?
It's just little 2D tiles and shit, it would be fucking hilarious if thats the excuse they give.

That sounds stupid as fuck. I don't want something like that bogging down gameplay.

I'm really happy I left that beer making room lightless.

It's in Alpha, and that image doesn't apply because RimWorld is already good despite being unfinished, not the other way around.

Dwarf Threrapist, StoneSense, Graphic Packs yadda, yadda.

Bad argument. You never compare what you like to bad things, it's always easy to be better than shit.
You always compare it to better things so you know where to strive and improve.

By fixed content, you mean that there aren't 34543 different types of wood and minerals? Or that Growing and Crafting are single skills instead of being divided in 15 different ones each? Or that Colonists don't have enough stats that you actually have to scroll down to read them all?

Also, it's not "space themed", it's "space colonization themed". Think about it like Space Wild West, or Space Fallout.

No. He's being retarded on purpose. The problem with z-levels isn't graphics taking too much processing power, that doesn't even make any fucking sense.

I'd rather bet that it's tied to how pathfinding works limiting the game to a single plane, if Tynan wrote his own script.
Or quite possibly, the game was built from the ground up with a static floor. There are mods and stuff that allows you to edit the ground and change it around what tile happens to be in it, but things like holes or cave-ins (that are already in but wouldn't work the same) aren't compatible with how things are.

I'd also wager that it would take some effort but not necessarily be impossible for him to implement z-levels, just would take a big re-write of his code and break a lot of mods.
However, I think this was already asked of him a long time ago and he just replied that "it wasn't his priority", that he wants to make a game about colonists in a colony, surviving against all odds and telling interesting stories and z-levels are not that important for that goal.

To be honest, raiders and the mechanoids are not as impressive as a lot of the creatures and invasions you get in DF. And the final moments that you spend before finnaly building your ship don't compare to the FUN that awaits you in DF. A better enemy variety and some more interesting threats would be pretty nice to have, as well as better human behaviour like Fear making a comeback and colonists eventually wanting personnal possessions.

Frankly, I don't know why so many people bitch about Z-Levels when a bigger colony with more than 10 people is a far more pressing concern.

Z-levels add depth.

…Literally and figuratively. Part of the reason DF can be so crazy is that there's space for the crazy. Things can fly, or burrow, or show up in the deep underground. You can't really have that in RW because it's essentially 2d. Things can't be above you, or below you - the only caves are in the bisected mountains.

Having some analogy to Forgotten Beasts in RW would help, though. Space mutants?

Hell, mutation as a whole. Toss that shit in there. It's a fun theme.

Z-Levels add depth because of the interaction betweem different levels, like cave-ins and different access routes or things like channeling water.
However, fluid simulation isn't a thing in Rimworld (a shame, really) and cave-ins wouldn't be able to work the same way.
I'd like to have them too, especially since undergroud caverns are an awesome way to both build and add content to the game.
But ultimately, if you consider that the goal of the game is to simulate a space colony and create interesting stories, z-levels become as important as hops and beer: they are a tool to be used but not a requirement.

Yes please. Give me The Thing, give me changelings that infiltrate the colony. Give me Hemophages, roaming zombies, Grey Aliens that abduct people and return them later changed.
Give me the ability to build a lab with vats and tanks so I can mutate colonists and make biopunk-style legs and armor. And then have the experiment go wrong!

variety != obtuse
I don't need several different types of wood whose only change is a slightly more clear color for the ground. And I don't need several minerals when most of them are handled and processed the same, if people even bother with them. It's just copper for shitty joke weapons, steel for the actual good stuff until you can get adamantine and everything else literally doesn't matter.
All it does is that when I'm trying to build a chair, I have an extra menu to pick the wood I want, which doesn't mean anything when the distance for that particular log matters more than what material is it made of.

Or to put it in a better way, give me a set of Lego bricks with 7-10 colors but a hundred piece for each, don't give me a set with 50 different colors but seven pieces for each.
That doesn't make the set any more useful or engaging, it just makes whatever I try to build out of it look like SanFran.

I'm already fed up with the fabrics as it is. Far too often I find myself with enough leather for at least a parka, and yet can't even make a hat because it's all different types.

Back to reddit dude.

All of the various materials have individual properties that can be used for different purposes. A lot of materials you seem to think are superfluous are actually composites that can be broken down into more useful materials.
And dwarves all have their own personal preferences for those materials.
Too many options is the dumbest complaint you could possibly have, it's no wonder why you'd play Rimjob instead you mongoloid.

how's my under construction autism colony doing? Construction keeps getting halted by almost endless sieges and raids though, atleast they drop good rifles for my colonists

is there a mod or something to remove blacks?

I'm using them as slave labour, gonna send them on a "long voyage" when I dont need them anymore

What should I do Holla Forums? create a gladiatorial pit?

I just want muh ducts to be updated.
I have an unhealthy obsession with building central heaters

Sounds like an SJW getting what's coming to her.

#WhiteLivesMatter

Nigger different materials have different properties. Unless you are going to sit here and tell me featherwood should be exactly the same as fucking oak.

I don't know, user, I haven't played DF for long and was going by what was said before.

Maybe you should actually play the games you talk about then. You will learn the hard way not all materials are equal when you try to make a magma floodgate out of granite.

well that didn't go so well

Maybe you should talk about DF in the DF thread and not here, if you want to talk about DF

How the hell did you go from taming a grizzly bear for a gladiatorial pit to your base being on fire?

You can't erase your fuck up user, stop being bitter about it.

Sounds about right

two infestations while my guys were eating dinner, 3 slaughtered almost instantly, so mo got out the incediary rifle we picked off a raider and fired into the nests then locked the door and frog kept watch for any escaping bugs
I'm also giving a special burial for the bear who killed 3 fucking giant spiders before getting both his front paws torn off

That explains everything. Also you had better build a statue for your bearbro.

Why have I been crafting clothes all this time if I can just get rich with wood?

unf

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=season_(artist)

Oh my. Thank you, friend.

I feel so guilty, but the darkness has already enveloped my soul.

How does it feel to be new?
The Big Guys embrace the darkness, go into the light and embrace the darkness again.

git gud

Why didn't I get to crashland in a planet without oversensitive tumblr princesses?

I just downloaded a weed mod. One of my colonists needs it very much.

but there's already smokeweed ingame

i now vow to never again build wooden walls so I can purge infestations in holy fire

these graphics look like someone tried to replicate the amateurish look of SS13 with a full budget

Or just ripped off prison architect.
It actually is

They've got everything they need but they're still always a hair of being in a miserable strop, can't even butcher cunts by the 20 and sell their meat to pirates anymore.

you get any infestations like that?

Post one of their mood pages to see what's wrong.
Do they ever lose their "Low Expectations" moodlet? That might be why they are miserable now that everything is easy for them.
Good solution is to keep them drugged.

there are workshop mods to allow you to sell/execute/butcher prisoners with no penalty, and if you have any colonists with the Psychopath trait they won't get bootyblasted about cutting organs out of the living

Cannibal works too, and also for fucks sake. You're neither in SF, a kindergarten or on shit like facebook - proper goddamn swearing is allowed around these parts.

look at this rump-rattled faggot

you sound a bit anally annoyed

you sound a little pucker perturbed

Fuck♂You

Are you bottom-bothered he didn't say "shitter-shattered"?

i want them to do more than hug

there's no need to be pooper-plundered now user

Are you experiencing rectal ragnarok?

Drugs.

This thread is going places.

I want to eat out his asshole

It's almost like rimjob doesn't have more than half of such shit in plain .xml, so you can adjust or even remove any numerical parameters, like making colonists happy from killing raiders regardless of their personality, and make it stack over9000 and last for over9000 days. Just as example.

Torrent where?

Check vola.

what do? he's a great colonist and got cut down by a raider sniper. Any mods for 0.16 for broken bones?

smokeweed?

rimjob is a shit game and you should be embarrased for making a thread about it.

It's better than the anime shit you play all day

there's nothing wrong with anime shit and liking anime shit doesn't mean you don't like rimworld.

How do I get my medic to heal someone?

Bear fucked up my 2nd engineer, and out of my 3 crew, 2 of them are engineers and they both are psychopaths apparently? Are engineers psychopaths?

It's an occupational hazard.

apparently random drop pods can come in and break through your roof.

Las time a drop pod landed, it killed one of my suicide bomber boomarats burning down the whole hay harvest in the process

How do you rotate shit? Like a work bentch or cooking counter?

Also how the hell am I supposed to refrigerate food? Fucking whole colony died from heat expose and got ill.

Q and E rotate shit.

Remember that coolers partly move heat, not create/delete it.

So putting one on a wall that faces another room will heat up the other room. You can also create a small no-roof room to point your cooler at, if you're living in a very hot climate and/or want to protect it from attacks.

I knew I shouldn't have left that shit just lying around

Animals/guests taking your drugs has got to be the stupidest change in A16. Someone on the game's forum had a faction get pissed off at him because their colonist stole his drugs and OD'd on them.

What's a reasonable ratio for floor space squares per cooler?
I've got four coolers set to -15° for a freezer about 100 squares in area, and having been hit by a heat wave the room bis steady at around 9°.

Just add coolers until it's cool.

There probably isn't any exact ratio because of the way connected rooms trade heat, opening the door lets in some heat, and the temperature can vary so much depending on your map's average.

I was fine with 3 or 4 coolers on a room about 110 tiles size, even during heat wave.

I too would like to be able to build a proper central heating/cooling system.

They're not all the same, but many practically are. Anyway vanilla DF has about the right amount of materials, armor/weapon types, etc. It gets to be a little too much with some mods.

Keep everyone on smokeleaf and booze 24/7.

You might check some prosthetics mods, but I've never heard of pelvis replacement.

Get someone to drag them back to their bed or a hospital bed, then make sure your doctor(s) have doctoring as first priority. If they're sleeping and it's important, then select them and right click the patient in bed and prioritize treatment.

I could probably make a mod that allows the creation of plasteel bones or something. I don't think Extended Prosthetics & Organ Engineering has that, and it would be super easy to mod in. But I'm also working on three other mods of varying complexity, none of which are "done" yet.

;_;7

Physical age, but what's the chronological age when you consider cryptosleep? (which I only just noticed is not "cryosleep")

The game takes into account the time difference when traveling at relativistic speeds. Like if you traveled a hundred years at near lightspeed, a hundred years would pass but you wouldn't be much older. In the colonist's info you can see in their age something like 27 (140) where the first is their biological age and the second is their real age.

I've had the game give me colonists with a mother and a daughter and the daughter was old and gray haired but the mom was still pretty young cuz she spent time in cryptosleep while her daughter aged.

Their real age is just how many times Earth has gone around the Sun since they popped out of a vagina somewhere.

Do I need to refrigerate organs? They have a deterioration rate listed but there's no "spoils in x days" anywhere.

Unless it changed in the newest update no. They only deteriorate if you leave them outside not in a stockpile.

I wish the characters wernt so ugly and liberal also why no windows? Instead I use a sandbag as a window?

Also when I hunt animals all they do is fucking take it to the stockpiling junking zone. And I don't know how to bury a body.

Have you tried not being such a dumbass?

How come only one person wants to cut wood? How do I prioritize that first? I see mining but no wood cutting.

What's it called, plant cutting?

Is there a torrent for the latest version?

What is your oldest colonist you ever had?

My record was an 80 year old dude, who probably would have died if I played with him, but he was born in 2600.

I'm fucking sure all of this shit you're asking is in the tutorial or at least in the helper box in the top right. Are you just lazy or stupid or both?

A 60 something war chef. He was one of the original settlers but didn't make any friends. He died of starvation ironically enough.

I meant in reference to his age that includes his years in cyrogenic sleep.

Sounds like Futurama

Imagine how fucked up it would be if you lived in the future, and your mom woke up from cryosleep when you're her age, and she's incredibly attractive

Like you'd legitimately be the same age, she hasn't "lived" longer or have any more life experience or physical age than you

Why would you even think about fucking your mom, if there are 3 billion other women on this earth, user?

Oedipus pls go

How many incredibly attractive girls of your age have you been with so far, or even gotten to talk with?

You seem to have omitted the fact that there's also 3 billion chads competing with you for attention.

well good thing that I would go for femboys and twinks too

because all women are whores except my mom

including your mom

especially your mom

enjoy being a perma-virgin, user

I just hope you are a cuteboy and turn gay or you become a wagecuck and slave away for me, so that I can enjoy a great life with my harem.

That is a legitimate mental illness.

So if people who have sex with you decrease in value, then the one of lesser value is you, user.

Thanks for the heads up.

That is pretty unefficient if you want to keep a stable temperature in your room.

Anyway, how do you guys fix the colonist mood problem of being underground? I just like making mountain settlements. Is there a way to open holes through a mountain ceiling to make little protected open spaces?

I had 10 colonists a few hours ago

What am I supposed to do now? Also how do you kick out a colonist? One guy is really just a waste and man nobody here can shot a fucking turtle when its SLEEPING.

I dont know what the fuck I can do with the blocks of bars I made, I am trying to grow cotton but its taking forever and my this guy has been nude forever, nobody ever attacks or trades ever. Most intresting thing that has happened is that I cant break into the black room and a rampaged lama.

You have 2 options. Either draft another colonist and then arrest the guy you want out, I think that allows you to "release" him which causes him to run away.

Another option is to try removing an important organ like heart from them, you can sell it later if successfully removed, and the colonist dies. They don't seem to ever rebel against you if you decide that you want to cut out their heart, which is interesting. Other colonists will get a mood penalty for a certain time about it though.

Hunt animals for leather so you can craft clothes without needing cotton. Also plants grow faster on "fertile soil", it's a little darker than normal soil, although easily confused with gravel which your base is built on (according to your mouse position and the text on bottom left).

Click the icon for walls/doors/furniture and you can select which material to build it from, that way you can use bricks for walls and stuff. Never use steel for walls or floors though, bricks are always better.

Sleeping animals are harder to hit because they're "crouching" or something. Select the colonist that's shooting and then hover over the target to see what things affect hit chance.

If you're thinking of getting rid of a bad colonist, dont forget you can change his restrictions and put him on forced labour duties until he snaps.

which universe did you come from stranger?

>>>Holla Forums

Make a research table. You can unlock new technologies and start crafting guns and armor and stuff.

It's funny but this legitamately the reason this game exists.

It's okay to feel mad user, we all get angry sometimes.

Fucking pathetic.

Dwarf Fortress is legit garbage made for ultra autists. I'm not playing a game full of squiggles that depends entirely on a wiki to figure out how to do anything. The only thing DF has that Rimworld doesn't is the means to build down or up. That's it. That's literally all DF has. Otherwise it's a clusterfuck of bullshit. Fuck you, fuck DF, shove your squiggles even further up your ass.

Some stories in this base. Very early on some guys decided to attack it, one of them didn't get killed out right and had something really sweet for his spine. I ripped it out and left him sitting in a dark corner for 3-5 years because I wanted to get the faction he was apart of to not be hostile to me so I needed to get him a new spine.

addendum that I forgot to mention: I have some Cthulhu mods installed and the only guy to ever talk to him and give him food was the leader of the cult.

send help

So what's the correct course of action when you have 10 medicine left in a cold biome and someone gets a plague during the first winter?

The only thing I can think of that wouldn't lead to disaster is killing them. But they're literally 20% of my entire colony right now, more if you take into account how important they are.

pic

I can understablnd you're angry if people shit on your game if choice, but why would someone be mad if a gane wasn't talked about enough? All you have to do to remedy that is talk, that's retarded.

Whether or not you prefer one game or the other is subjective and I'm not debating that.
I simply agreed and alluded to the fact that Rimworld is a simplified and inferior clone of Dwarf Fortress.

Rimworld does not look fucking good whatsoever and I would argue that ASCII in DF forces you to use your imagination and can still give you all the information you need, and that will always be better than anything an artist will give you unless the game is nearly perfect visually. If not then you have a shitty imagination.

Im guessing you have glittertech installed based on that beyond expensive as fuck reactor you have like seriously holy shit how long did it take you to grind that out and the fact that the spine you are referring to is an orion corp exoskeleton. Its pretty great when you get converts/runner from orion. And if you have them friendly to you they like to visit and have their tanks smoke weed on your benches.

I would really like to play a free open source version of rimworld on linux

minetest ended up being so much better than minecraft ever was. I hate steam and windows. running a fucking toaster.

imagine how much better and plentiful the mods would be for a foss rimworld inspired game?

>cyborg mod so you can be and control things other than humans, or just make robots to help you (cyber intelligence robots can fall in love with humans)
>multiple layer mod that allows you to dig down making the game 3 dimensional and allowing for underground bunkers and hitting lava and diamonds and shit fuck minecraft though and unlimited resource mining if you try hard enough

COME ON PEOPLE! ARE YOU EVEN TRYING! GIVE ME 2 FOSS LINUX PUSHUPS

Theres a whermacht mod out there with the KAR98K, MG42 and whatnot, standard infantry issue gear, etc.
Substitute gas chambers with heat chambers.

So, to just sum things up:
You're too cheap to upgrade your PC.
You hate a service that expects you to pay money for games.
You want a free game.
You want additional free content for that game.
The free content you want is of an insane scope that'd require many man-hours to implement.

I guess it's true what everyone says - FOSStards are the welfare niggers of software.

YOU SUCK. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT. YOU ARE A FOOL.

YOU POOR POOR IDIOT

agreed

you suck shill. I want more features and improvements you shitty EA selected playtester bastard cunt

don't be a dumbass
you dumbass

solved.

I hate you so much, stop trying to trick the developer who is right here in this thread reading it right now to not give us the good ideas we want.

fuck your impossible shit. fuck you.

saging doesn't do anything, just stop.

I agree that everything is way too samey, but then again our universe is shit.

Fire.

user ANON LISTEN

SEAL THEM IN, BUILD MULTIPLE AC UNITS HEAT END (RED ARROW) FACING IN. COOK THEM

I'm on a toaster and the Rimworld 16 exe works fine through wine. The terminal comes up with some errors and shit when it's starting but the game works wine.

*the game works fine

OH OH ALSO

who knows

poor quality bait

didn't take very long black market traders roughly sell 10 magnetic coils at once and ethanol sells for a lot to exotic good traders got to love the 320k power

Some other story that involved on of the factions of my current colony. So Terrorism Unit decided to do a raid after the medieval guys failed, they decided to go through the wall for once. One of them was carrying the doomsday rocket launcher, he shot it at a freshly hatched baby chicken that was near 2 of his allies… he killed them both to kill that baby chicken.

Your autism is the best kind, user.

Wait…does that fucking work?

You betcha fam

Something that had happened recently: So a giant sinkhole opened up no where near my base so I left it alone. About 10 days later the medieval guys attempt another raid that failed and I got a bunch of survivors I needed at least 3 to give my most recent 3 colonists psychic powers so I decided to throw one of them into the pit. 5 days later he gets spit out somehow surviving and quickly develops having strange worms in his head. I was curious so I didn't allow him to get medical treatment for those worms. About 2 days later he exploded and left about 5 Eldritch worms that I managed to tame 4 of the 5th one got upset and didn't make it

You've got some weird mods. I like the medieval one though, it really adds some good stuff and I like knights with assault rifles.

Making a 'beard framework' for hairmods, so that beards don't magically disappear when the colonist wears a hat.

BUMP

How come my freezer here wont work but my other does? This one is connected to a furnace by itself and the only thing connected but it still wont work?

Also forgot to add that if I put traps will my own colonists step on them?

Your freeze rate is relative to the size of the room, and the passive heat radiating in. because of the heat wave you likely need to double up on cooling or wait it out.

Colonists will try to pathfind around traps, if they cannot they will walk through with a minor chance to trigger it.

Also, start growing corn since it lasts 1 year without even needing to be frozen and click that unchecked list icon in the bottom left.

you should only waste energy on freezing meat in the early game.

You're living in a hot biome and currently have a heat wave, you'll probably need several coolers if you want to bring the temperature to 0 or below. I often have between 2 and 6 coolers in my freezer room.

Also just in case you're not aware, dusters (I think Gecko in your pic has one) and cowboy hats allow your colonists to tolerate hotter temperatures, so you won't need as many coolers for other rooms.

bump

bump

the thread ain't dying if it ain't past page 13

Is there a guide for dumbshits to explain some mechanics and get me rolling that much faster?

You can open the in game guide by pressing alt-f4.

Just how much of a fresh of the boat moron are you?

looking at your post I can't tell if you're autistic or fresh off of $20chan. probably both to be honest.

Download the Astartest mod, craft (or buy) terminator power armor and storm bolter/power fist and purge the abominations in the name of the Emperor

How do i set animal zones and how do i breed em?

REMINDER

The only way to play this game is on Ice Sheet. Rest modes are for cucks.

Architect > Zone/Area > Expand allowed area

Remember that the animals won't be able to go outside of it to eat, so they'll starve unless there's food inside the area.

You can't breed animals, they'll do it on their own randomly if there's males and females.

As long as you're not making it easy mode by selecting mountains or using mods, I'll accept it.

Mods are fine as they as they aren't gay unbalanced shit that wouldn't belong in vanilla

I didn't said "impossible", I said the reason does not tie in with the graphics at all, that most likely has to do with how the ground or the pathfinding works.
Your idea works well for manual changes but to make a character pathfind some other Z-Level, he'd have to consider that "bed" too in his algorythm as a valid path which might not work depending on how the code is written.

Also, of course, the ground-to-surface interactions. You dig a hole upstairs, what happens underneath? You provoke a cave-in down-stairs, what happens upstairs? What about simple holes and jumping\falling there?
All of that would still need to be coded and might actually not be compatible with how the ground works right now.
So to get another z-level, you'd need a re-write of the current ground and that means changing a lot of other things, so most likely reason there's no z-levels yet.

Some raiders already abduct people. Having a faction of creatures that abducts people and returns later with another member is easy enough that it could even be a mod.
A visit or even a colonist that changes factions and starts attacking is possible too, especially since we already have pyromaniacs.
Implants also exist and mutating bodyparts shouldn't be too hard either.

All of this is much more feasible and likely than a FOSS Linux build. Sorry you're just an ebin memester that wants racewar memes for free.

Please post your mod list. Just how much stuff is already updated to A16 and what works?

Also, I'm assuming that cultist stuff is from the Lovecraftian mod? What exactly does that add? I though it was just a new faction and clothing but that sounds a lot better.

Wow, what an incredible turn of events that no one possibly could have seen coming.

How do you install mods on the pirated version?

Asking for recomendations, not spoonfeed.
I haven't modded the game in a while, been playing other stuff. Just asking around what's good and making conversation.
What would I be doing here if not that, user? Try to spread whatever ideology I hold as supreme truth into everyone, expecting nothing but confirmation bias in return?
That'd be crazy!

There's a folder called Mods inside the game's folder. I ain't gonna tell you anything else besides this because if you need to know more, you're too dumb to understand more.

Manhunting boar pack vs a huge trader group

Of course, though the medial mods look neat.

Right, consider my autism triggered because I don't particularly like double standards or people that act retarded on purpose because they think nobody is ever call them on their bullshit.
Let's get down to it, shall we?

So Dwarf Fortress is amazing because "all those minerals, all those possibilities", eh?
Let's break it down starting with stones, because dwarf.
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Stone

There are 25 main stones that compose entire layers and 40 stones that occur as veins inside those ones.
Gosh, this does seem like a very large amount of things to play with! 65 types of stones? I wonder how different and amazing they are!
They aren't. Stones have two primary qualities and the only thing that really matters for them: Fire Safe and Magma Safe.
There is no reason to use one stone over another if both share the same characteristics so using Chert instead of Mica doesn't make you more "fire\lava safe" at all.
If you care about that, you can prioritize the use of stones according to their value, but that's as far as depth goes.

For reference, compare these two:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Satinspar
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Selenite
The only difference between the 2 is that one melts 31º above the other, that's it.

But what about wood? All those trees, with branches and leaves! That's gotta have something going for it, right?
Well, waddya know? Logs are even more varied than stone itself! IN A DWARVEN GAME! 70 FUCKING TYPES OF LOGS, IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Wood
In practice, none. All wood is the same except for weight, which means practically nothing save for hauling some of the more rare wood and even then it's a bit of a speed modifier.
All logs are exactly the same mechanically, they just look different. You don't even have "fire-safe" logs or anything similar at all like "water-safe" for water pipes…

ORE! By Armok, if there's one thing the game should have in spades and be mechanically different, it has to be ore, right? RIGHT?
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Ore
Well… Kinda… There's only 17 of them to begin with.
And after you melt them, you only get 12 basic ores, so there's 5 "recolors", like Limonite and Magnetite

After that, what you get is this:
You can use for metalcrafting (making a bunch of crap to sell or with miscellenous uses) or construction: aluminum, tin, copper, lead, silver, nickel, gold, iron, platinum and zync
You can also use multiple alloys for the same purposes that differ strictly in color and value.
Oh and Magma-safe is a factor here too because you're totally gonna build magma pipes with metal and not simple rocks.

You can now also make armor and weapons strictly with Adamantine, Steel, Iron, bronze, copper and silver.
This is the actual "power level" order of them as well, you can read it here dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Metal that even they agree there's "tiers" to this and there's no point to make Copper weapons and armor if you still have Steel lying around.

This is what passes for "content" in Dwarf Fortress if you want to argue about them minerals. The 65 rocks only differ on two variables, the wood is all the same and the minerals are all used to make metalcrafts, replace stone\wood in building (as if) and out of all of this, only 6 materials can be used for weapons\armor and they are even tiered so there's nothing interesting going for it either.

After all of this, the only detail that's left over is how much each of them is worth, and even there, there's several overlaps too.

Just to be clear, I love both games. They give me different things that the other doesn't and that almost no other game has given me so far.
I want both to succeed and grow to be bigger and better every day.

I love the HUD and the comfy feeling of building a colony in Rimworld, as well as the relations with the exterior and the arcade-y feeling it gives to fending off invasions and handling other events.
I love the silly dwarves and the depth their health and grappling system as well as fluid dynamics and their traps.

But if I wanted to criticized Dwarf Fortress, I'd complain about the HUD, the "complexity by numbers", the RNG associated with it, the retarded metagame surrounding rotating people and using menial tasks to power dwarves and how Power is barely utilized or how Economy isn't even a thing anymore because coin hauling was a problem.

And if I wanted to criticize Rimworld, I'd harp on lack of fluid dynamics, proper terraforming, undeveloped faction relationships or how it misses the whole aspect of nobles, equivalent and other offices to oversee the colony that Dwarf Fortress has. A simple panel to pick the type of regime you want, Democracy, Fascism, Communism and have the colonists react to it would suffice.

If I wanted to criticize either game, I'd make valid critics to it, instead of talking about what constitutes literal re-colors and say that's content, when you'd probably call it filler content if it was present in any other game.
Yes, there's even a small section in the bottom of most of those pages that details what color each thing is for the aesthetically inclined, that's how much of recolors several of those stones are.

Why are you so determined to derail this thread? Fuck off.

The sheer scale of cancer RW threads started attracting ~7-8 months ago is something else. And such bloody variety too.

Are mechanical arms still useless in combat? A couple shots on an arm and it's gone, never to be seen again. At least arms have more things to hit (fingers, shoulder, forearm, etc), the machine only has one part: the arm.

Is there a way to turn down the frequency of social fights?
It's ridiculous that the leading cause of death in my latest colony, by a factor of three, is social fights.

I'm not. Like I said, I like both games and even asked for recomendations in mods to know what's good lately.
It's just that, unless someone takes the time for some proper analysis autism, the same points are constantly going to be made and parroted about and then every thread will be derailed because "muh 65 stones, muh ore, muh z-levels".
Best to grab the bull by the horns, face it, tame it and be done with it.

Check Interactions_Social.xml in the Core folder inside Mods.
There's a variable there that dictates the odds for Social Fights.
Also, it seems it would be kinda trivial to both add new interactions but also to put them in the Directed menu so you could make someone have a chat with someone else…

Interesting. According to that file "Kind Words" has the same base chance to start a fight as an Insult.

It's probably not the same though. The conditions that make colonists say kind words to each other probably have a decent enough relationship level that either the odds aren't even called or they get an offset that removes any chance that might happen.
But it's still interesting that you can indeed piss someone off with kind words. "If it's any consolation, he was delicious…"

Also, I can find tweaking for existing stuff and everything else but I can't find what actually makes stuff happen.
As in, there's the BuildRapport action included in Interactions_Directed that has a label for it and everything. But it's effects and what happens or is checked when someone tries it, that I can't find.

Building rapport is what you do with prisoners, it's a chat or recruitment thing or something.

Welp, 4 fucking lightning bolts landed right in the middle of my base and my people were fast asleep. Too little fire fighting too late.
RIP my little pychopath.
Welp, epsilon went nuts and started stabbing everyone.
Fire finished what epsilon started. All I have left is my lone naked former prisoner.
Aaannnd the fire released a megaspider. Cool.
Raiders showed up too. Fuck you god.

Jesus nothings left…
Poor bastard. Megaspider dragged him to its lair after killing the raiders. He isn't going to last much longer…

gg no re

It was going so well too.
I mean its only my second run at this game, but I had learned so much from my first time.

Maybe I should play on phoebe chillax next time…

the spider drags your injured to its nest? It doesn't just kill them?

captured some bitch from an escape pod some gitterworld fuckwit. send some noble that is only allowed to chat people up and hunt to talk her into joining. he builds up the 100% social report with her. then she runs away. prison escape, no attacks involved i figure one less mouth to feed so let her go as i had failed to recruit her yet.

Guess who shows up being chased by pirates.

What did you do to her after that?

she rolled a natural 17 handling skill so i let her in.

So I just had a colonist completely dissapear, the only record of his existence being a grand marble structure still with his name authored on it. He stepped on and triggered an IED trap but no body, no death debuffs and couldn't find him in my mausoleum or graves or dumpsite. No debuff from his wife for his death either

any idea what the fuck happened?

He clearly died so hard he was removed from existence altogether.

Now what? I don't want to just leave this colony but I get bored halfway through moving to a new zone (no I don't try to bring all the kibble).

I also don't really like glitter tech, to many outright OP items. Those speedsuits especially.

Start destroying pirates and natives and reclaim all the mighty rimworld clay

build an aesthetic fortress

I guess I could send out suicide squads of captured raiders. Fuck sending out colonists though, it takes forever for them to walk back since I don't think the bionics don't help on the world map. Otherwise I guess I really should try moving.

what level storyteller you have on?

user that is a quality set of posts, here's your (you).

You make valid points, with the possible exception of fluid mechanics in Rimworld - I don't think that has ever been slated for release. I wish it were, but, like z levels, I just don't think it will happen.

The faction mechanics espeically have been too bare bones for awhile now. A17 should really fix them, now caravans have been introduced.

I want factions to be regional rather than global, many rather than few.

In the final release of the game, you should be able to pick a random tribe, outlander union, or pirate faction and wipe them off the wipe. They should be confined to an area of variable size, and they should have a capital, fortresses, outposts - basically a variety of settlement types.

I stray on cassandra, but I go between extreme and rough for when I just want something built in peace. Raiders arent an issue with a decent killbox, bugs all pop up in the grid deep into the mountain, and I've got way too much money.

the bugs are my only issue, not because they are dangerous but because I force their spawn with a mine tunnel deep into a mountain but they have no spawn cap and my game slows to a crawl when I increase the speed

Try lowering or disabling the bug spawn in the rimworld files and switching to randy or keeping it on extreme

fucking colonists I swear to god. there wasn't even anybody in there when I built those how the fuck

So am I supposed to let him beat up my colonists? I guess I can add this to my list of stupid bullshit that exists in the game.

Colonists crying over sold/dead prisoners that tried to fucking kill you has got to be just below on the stupid totem pole as animals/guests ODing on your drugs

Im enjoying the hell out of the /u/topia i built

Any other artist pyromaniacs want to join my colony?

I got plenty of space in my hospital beds…

Fluid mechanics are essentially a type of ground that moves, therefore they will only make sense once z-levels and digging show up, sadly.

I'd love to have a tab where you can set the type of government or ideology you want for your colony, enjoying different benefits and mechanics for each, as well as different mentalities.
Democracy could have elections every 2-4 seasons, with one colonist picked as the leader. He then makes a bunch of proposes like "produce this much clothing, have these much rooms" and everytime you fullfill one, everyone gets a nice moodlet and better relationship with him. But if the end of his term comes and no promise was completed, everyone likes him less and they get a bad moodlet.

Fascism\Communism could have a leader picked among people based on his combat skills, maybe even duels to see who gets placed in there. It doesn't hold elections, but if the leader is too injured or old, he can pass the role to someone he likes. Like democracy, he'd make demands but working towards them makes people happy if they were already happy and miserable if they were miserable before. Biggest change would be the reverse in moodlets regarding strangers, killing raiders and foreing prisoners would be considered good by the colonists.

Anarchism would be the standard you begin with and can stick with, but it would only make sense (ironically) if there was private proverty and colonists had to trade stuff with each other for it.

Monarchy would only be possible once kids and pregnancy are in (there's a mod for that already but it's still WIP) for obvious reasons, but the King's Orders are like your RighClick that you can't stop. So if a king gets mad and orders a colonist to shoot someone or tell a person to make a statue, you can't stop it.

I'm having horrible flashbacks to Dwarf Fortress and the stupid floodgate system I always made for farming, keeping the damn fuckers locked in my cistern until someone finished the levers to open them.

Oh boy

Its going better than expected, i actually moved from another colony i made right in the mountains, living inside a cave its comfy specially if the world its on the end of the cold slider but… the bugs… the fucking bugs dude they come out of nowhere so i moved into a flatland and built a fort.

First i had to scrap a lot of the stuff in the base to pack it up as parts to re-ensamble it on the site, getting a lot of muffalos wanst really hard since i had bitch at the time with 17 animal skill.

it took me a week to design everything and i used the blueprint mod for every building, but the result its really comfy.

Now the only problem is population grow, lots of space but not much people to fill it, also im waiting for couples to form, so far there are 2.

Commander-Georgette : Somehow my best soldier, military child and ex- Destroyer-General fell in love with a caravan child and housemate with 12 social, pretty good couple they live in the HQ near the barracks

Handy-Bitch : Both nicknames made by me, Handy was the first good engineer i had that had decent crafting and construction so i used her for everything, bitch was captured from a tribe, while captured she escaped once and set my batteries on fire causing a blackout and a lot of trouble, also she has good animal skill so she handles the beasts, i have no idea how they get so much in contact really since they both work in different areas and one was a nerd and the other a feral child, but somehow they fell in love and now live in the ranch.

Also Quickie the ranger was refused by the janitor, gambate!

Also this is the base :

Top Right : The barracks, everything millitary goes there, i try to keep it stocked with high quality weapons and stuff, its lacking a lot since i had to scrap much of my previous weapons and armor, it also has the HQ and a dining hall for soldiers to eat together so they dont have to leave, also has its own power generators and in case of emergency it can power itself.

Top Left : There is from left top to right bottom, A church, apartment complex for civilians, research and some good shit stuff i have, empty warehouses and my drop pod launchers, and my 9 endgame energy generators, they produce more than enough power.

Bottom left : Top is the refugee camp yea we shot on sight if any male tries to culturally enrich anyone, thus the fence and below is the main storage for shit we dont need, the hospital that works 24/7 and the jail.

Bottom right : this is the production district, i make all the shit i need here starting from the top left with the metall/u/rgy where i make weapons, ammo and components, Below is the mason, i dont use it anymore since the walls are all finished now, to the right its the textile factory, below it is the ranch, and at the bottom its both the farm and the kitchen, i make meals and then someone else hauls them to the fridges to save time.

Its also worth noting the constant slaughter outside thanks to the local bear population.

Love is in the air

Have you changed things to make the purest form of love available to all colonists, or have you just been extremely selective in who you let in?

a workarround is to have your warden or at least a dedicated mele colonist with a mace/club as the blunt damage rarely kills things outright and doesnet cause them to be crippled/bleedout.

funny story one of my prisoners got into a fight with a colonist with a long sword ended up losing her foot and right arm.