Arma 3: The Misadventures of ISIS

A friend and I are playing an Arma 3 persistent scenario where you play as a resistance movement trying to do resistance movement things. We just learned the dangers of firing loud weapons right next to HQ.

Server name is "The Misadventures of ISIS"
Pass is "nigger"

Other urls found in this thread:

radio.task-force.ru/en/
armaholic.com/page.php?id=23743
armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767
ace3mod.com/
armaholic
armaholic.
xperience.ddns.net:2302
armedassault.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Helicopters_(ArmA_3)
forums.bistudio.com/topic/179746-iraqi-syrian-conflict/
steamcommunity.com/id/SKITZOwithGUNS/
bro.ma/
battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/278813
techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

obligatory

Any mods needed? How autistic are you playing?

No mods, just that scenario. And it's pretty realistic/unforgiving. The reason WHY you shouldn't use loud weapons near HQ is because the enemy can and will find you if you do.

Well, I tired but the ping is up over 300 for me (Ausfag) so it keeps kicking me as soon as I join.

Wow no fucking way.

I tested out a mortar at the base, and as soon as I fired, I got a mission saying they found us and were sending a SpecOps team to murder us all.

Is it worth shelling out the extra $15 for Apex and the DLC, I liked Arma 3 when I played it on the free weekend but never got to play multiplayer so, how autistic is the community aside from Atlas Life and how much shit is there to do, by the way I have no mic.

That's fine. I'd say pass on Apex for now, I don't have it either. And I haven't played much MP either so I dunno.

should I buy arma 3 just to play this server?
how long will this server be up?

If you want, however, an user I know has a serverbox, and I'll talk to him about setting up this server on a long-term thing. For now, it's locally-hosted.

Thanks, MuteAnon. 10/10 would rob bank with again.

Good work. We robbed that bank good. It's late here, but I'll be back again.

Server back up. We night ops now.

I also decided to add a realistic radio mod, just for shits and giggles.
radio.task-force.ru/en/
I wanna see if it's any good.

I'm doubling down $35 for this shit, it better be worth it.

I will do the best I can to help make it worth it to you.
Also, Teamspeak Server. For radio shenanigans.
pass is nigger, same as server.

You need a teamspeak server for it to work.

I noticed. Hence,

Is the mission/scenario you're running, Antistasi?

Yes. Not quite ISIS, but close enough.

Yeah sorry just saw that under my post.
Is there a Serbia mod for Arma 3 yet?

I just got Arma 3, guess I'll give it a try.

maybesomeday.wav

I'll have to leave for an hour or two soon, but I'll leave the server up. I also left you nigs a truck at the HQ.
Don't forget about undercover mode in the Y-menu. It lets you walk around town without getting shot at by every soldier, as long as you wear civvies and keep your weapon hidden.

DLC needed: APEX

hard pass family.

If you want obscure Slav wars there's a Soviet-Afghan War mod, is Jugoslavija really that obscure in the west where this isn't a mod for it, it was one of the biggest wars in 1800s+ Europe.

It says that for literally every server. Just ignore it and play anyway. I don't even have apex on MY machine.

armaholic.com/page.php?id=23743

Also, a disclaimer that the radio mod I linked, also requires a teamspeak plugin to work.
radio.task-force.ru/en/
Run the thingy that's in the mod's Teamspeak folder. Trying it out with a server-goer, it's pretty neat.
We're on frequency 441.4, so set it in the ctrl-p menu when you get in.

I only started arma 3, played around with it for about 5 hours in singleplayer and vr. What are some good servers, most of them are Role Playing and something called sandbox.

Join the club buddy none of us know shit.

If you want a DM kind of environment, King of the Hill is a good mode.

Other than that, you could try some co-op, I think they're called Operations?

I bought this hoping it would be good at this point. It runs at like 50fps regardless of settings and there doesn't seem to be any good gamemodes. All I can find are RP shit and KOTH, what is there that's actually good to play (and not 3rd person)?

You have to know a guy who knows another guy to get into any good servers. Then you need to download a mountain of mods on top of that. Frankly a lot of the time it's bullshit and no fun allowed milsim fags who don't know shit about the military but pretend they do.

Lucky you.

Do you have a friend you can co-op with? Some of the workshop missions are pretty neat.

I have a public CTI server that requires no mod content if you want to know what to do in this game without the idiot RPers and other dumb fucks that are ruining this game.

I'm back. Turns out shenanigans happened while I was gone. Nothing particularly bad, though.

But yeah, it's a shame that most non-RP servers have like 20GB worth of mods.

Disqualified. Seriously, you can't have fun in this game without a mic. Even random public servers running coop games encourage the use of a mic (they don't require it though, so you can play, but it's no fun writing by hand you spotted an enemy while you can just yell).

It's not really autistic, if you look around for groups playing it, half is this autistic military shit and other half is just guys running realistic missions but without obligatory drills and bullshit like that, a.k.a. adults. That's not counting the random public servers, which are usually a shitshow, but sometimes you can have a good time on a coop server run by a specific clan (check out ZEUS community and 82nd Airborne servers - they run good coop missions a'la BF2 Project Reality). To be exact, the original way ArmA was meant to be played is coop - and after that is organized PvP also known as Team vs Team (TvT), which usually happens along coop missions in group game nights. It's beatiful. Not this sandbox free-for-all known as Wasteland or zombie bullshit.

If you want fun, you could try playing on the United Operations server. Its a public milsim community, with a mix of PVP and coop. Expect some autism and 20GB worth of mods, maps and missions but its all fun stuff.

Pics related

Nope, that community has the bad kind of autism

do you have a non-ant version of this?

That's a mudslime camera recording. What do you expect?

I wouldn't exactly call UO "Milsim" as that implies there's ranks and a sign-up process and shit. No, it's just a community of like-minded people playan some arma. obviously there's rules to ensure shitters don't fuck up the flow, but they balance the autistic milsim with the fun. Just Don't slot in as Squad leaders if you dunno how to work the radios, don't teamkill and you'll be fine.

Though it was better back in the Arma 2 days, they need to bring back the shacktac hud but they're too autistic about "muh reeelism"

I still love you sovietpolarbear

Good news, the ISIS server's decently popular. Bad news, my friend is unable to dedicated-host it reliably.
We need a dedicated serverbox hosterguy.

I feel you user. ArmA3 is the game I bought a new laptop so I could play it in decent quality. I just couldn't stand it looking so shit anymore.

I just counted. He's towing SIX goddamn vehicles in a row behind that truck.

When this game came out my PC was top tier, but I still can only run it at 50 fps on medium settings in multiplayer, and it's unplayable when theres shit tons of NPCs around.

Honestly I've never seen an ArmA run well on any computer in my life except during promo videos.

The game has shit overall optimization and suffers from microsttuter and spikes on HDD usage for no good reason. Nothing will completely fix it, but recent patches made it a whole lot better.

What mods do you need to download?

It can work, just need to keep the settings real low and a mindset of allowing that to happen. For arma 3 ive noticed, the main resource usage is the ram. So if you ever upgrade I'd recommend a shittom more ram.
or you could just download some more :^)

AMD 480 and FX-8350, even before the driver update and Arma 3's optimization updates I could run it on 40FPS on high. Post updates, I get 60FPS on Ultra.

FPS on arma se tied to how much shit the main core is dealing with, in a way, the game uses almost all of the hardware through calls to the main core, that's why GPU, RAM and other cores are hardly ever pushed to the limit even when FPS dip and there is stutter from trying to load assets and textures. Given the right/wrong conditions, every rig will suffer from low FPS from time to time, specially when dealing with lots of AI.
An SSD, good single core performance and a GPU with low frame latency are more important than raw RAM and VRAM

I don't have a fucking clue what the fuck I am doing.

Ok, a basic laydown for people who don't know what the fuck this gamemode is:
We are basically isis, and like isis we are funded by nato. We are essentially doing a hearts and minds campaign. We do missions and immigration to get support from nato. We will evenutally take shit by force but when we do the enemies support will go SCAT support to be exact.
If you are doing a stealth (undercover) mission, do not wear any sort of military gear in any form. No baklavas, tactical glasses, barettes, nothing. Dress like a normal civilian and drive on the roads.
When driving incospicuously, do not approach checkpoints, roadblocks, and bases. Roadblocks do not show up on the map, so be sure to help out your fellow comrades by double clicking on the map where you find them.
Do not attempt to run over patrols, do not attempt to ram enemy vehicles, do not run over civies.
Do not pass go.
Do not collect 200.

It's actually Israel. Not even joking, it's part of the lore that Mossad is heavily invested in the FIA.

If you guys are still playing in a few days i'll join you folks. I've been pretty sick/depressed lately but I should be fine by thursday-ish.

I'm not sure if OP is going to keep hosting his gamemode, but I know the CTI server should be up and down over the course of the week.

Do you have to DL mods for the server?

I'm running a fucking 1080 with a 4k monitor and I still have fps issues. Bohemia can't fucking optimize worth for shit. I doubt that even sli will fix it.

OP here, turns out staying awake for that long is a bad Idea, and that brb turned into me sleeping for 11 hours. I'm awake now, though.

To be quite honest Arma 3 has no business to be running so badly as it is. Same thing with Arma 2, that runs like crap too.

The ISIS server only uses two mods, nether of which are large:
armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767
radio.task-force.ru/en/
The second one comes with a Teamspeak Plugin that I recommend using. Just find it in the mod folder and double-click it, assuming you have Teamspeak.

Now, server info, for those just tuning in:
Arma server name: "The Misadventures of ISIS"
Password: "nigger"
Also, you'll probably want to hop on the teamspeak for the radio mod to work.
Teamspeak info: "174.106.83.254"
Password: "nigger"
As for in-game radio, we've mostly been using frequency 42.0, which you can change with ctrl-P while you have a radio in your inventory.

lol no

Well, alright. Truth be told, I'll probably drop the mods when/if a serverbox user comes along, and just do straight vanilla. I'd do it now, but that would completely reset our progress, so I'd like to wait for someone to offer to dedicated-host it, which would reset progress anyway.

So, I found a possible server host, and am in the process of figuring out what mods would be best for the server, if any.
We've already decided that the radio mod, cool as it is, is not likely to be used due to how confusing it is to initially set up. Now I'm putting Ace3 up for consideration: ace3mod.com/
I'll be running a fresh server with just this mod and its dependency, if anyone wants to try it for second opinions. Username/password will still be the same, of course.

I can recommend ACE3, I'm really open to Arma modifications though, unlike many people here. ACE3 adds a lot of cool shit you can do, and the 3D interaction menu works amazingly well. It ramps up the learning curve a little bit, but if you stick to a basic grunt role and play a little bit with other people who know their shit, you learn it very quickly without fucking up the mission for others.

amateurs

ACE3 is some good shit but alot of the lads on Holla Forums might get annoyed at having to install mods and then be put off by the initial confusion ace always has.

It's a shame, really. Arma 3's launcher basically installs the mod for you, but they're still annoyed at the install process.

TFR's a bigger shame mate, trust me.

Fair enough. It has the same issue that TFR had with the server though, which is its dependency on Teamspeak. People here are simply reluctant to use it.

Then don't use anything, all I'm saying is if you're gonna add the teamspeak reliance then at least use a decent radio mod.

Alright. Either way, thanks for showing me a better mod.

Ace is really good.
Can you enable the acre keys without forcing everyone to have it? .. i know arma 2 could do that… so people who want to, can use it (me)

Other recommendations:
NIArms AK Rifles (~200mb) all sorts of AK's and attachments.

MiddleEastWarfare (550mb) also AK's (no attachements) but also lots of uniforms and vehicles.

If you actually want players to join you just go 100% vanilla, I know how to mod arma and even I can't be bothered.

its literally

Those recommendations sound nice, but my concern is their size.

I really don't get it. The launcher literally handholds you, and you STILL can't be bothered?

aw shit just saw that the MEWarfare has a dependency which jumps it up to 1,5 gig…

yea but if you want to go true isis theres not much you can really do … only 2(3 if you count the ak12) ak's and 2 balaclavas… 1 proper rocket launcher.

i dont like all that space shit gear that vanilla gives you..

(also enable more than that shitty mk18 as weapon … i need to load a custom loadout to get my dAKka)

It's the scenario, not me. Just get a large amount of a certain gun you want, and it'll be added to the arsenal automatically.

500 MB is big?

Ah ok didn't know that, thank you.

I searched around a bit.. don't know how good you are with modding a server, these should be useful (~1mb both)

armaholic .com/page.php?id=31683

armaholic. com/page.php?id=31604

Both look nice. Truth be told, I wasn't originally going for modding in the full ISIS experience. The name was originally just a joke from a friend and I when we first tried the scenario. But if that's what you guys want, I could pull something together.
The main question is this. On a scale of 0-100, 0 being least realistic but easiest to initially set up, and 100 being most realistic but going all out with mods and shit, how far should we go?

I'd say dont cross a total of 1- 1,5 gig of mods.
For the autism scala id recommend 30-50 … some weapons and skins maybe but that should be it. I'm fine with shooting space soldiers… I just dont wanna be one myself.

Are you retarded?

To be fair, it does have some cool features, like an actual language system.

Ingame functions aside, isn't using TS better in regards to voice quality, as well as all the volume options it gives? I don't recall ARMA having very extended functionality for voice chat

I believe so, but the issue is some of these nigs either don't have teamspeak installed, are too lazy to use it, or just call it a botnet.

Its still 10000x better than discord, that shit straight up sells your info.

Except the problem is that in Arma 3 it barely works if at all. And is largely incompatible with a lot of other mods

Fair enough. I also noticed that it is incompatible with the campaign we use, while TFR is supported
Sorry, , looks like we have to use TFR.

If you're not using ACRE just use the ingame VOIP, TFR is a piece of shit.

you still even operatin?

It seemed to work well for what we were using it for. Also, yes, but only until the dedicated is set up, at which point we start fresh.

I tried hopping on your TS earlier but I lept getting failed connection.

Probably because I was trying out other mods, seeing which were feasible for the server.

You clearly don't know what the actual fuck you are on about. The reason everyone uses TFAR on Arma 3 is because it works and ACRE is a big steaming pile of shit that doesn't. ACRE does work on Arma 2 but that's about it.

Cephei, is that you?

Talking with the ACRE-shill in the teamspeak now. Turns out he means well enough, but he's from a time when ACRE was the standard and TFAR was bad.

The last time ACRE really was used properly in Arma 3 was when it was still in alpha. TFAR has eclipsed it since then and ACRE has faded into obscurity, especially since ACRE would cause too many bugs to appear in Arma 3 especially with other mods. I still love having about 100 radios spawn in my backpack for no reason

Oh man, that takes me back.

What are IPs for servers you using

Just look for "The Misadventures of ISIS"
pass is nigger

No results.

Check your filters, it's there.

What's the IP?

read the op

What is the IP address

All the smug anime faces in the world won't cover up your stupidity.

Or you could just give me the IP user

What's the IP address?

Not the op, but the IP is the same as the teamspeak: 174.106.83.254 password is nigger as always

m8

Does the linux version actually work?

It was a fun evening… looking forward to dropping some freedom fighters per heli.

Alright guys, your new commander is here. Let's not fuck this up.
New serverhosting user put up his server for us, no password or mods required. Gamemode is liberation, simply attack the enemy and raid their shit 1775 style.
To play, simply unload all mods you currently have and connect using 'Direct Connect' either in game or on the servers tab in the launcher.
xperience.ddns.net:2302
Good luck soldiers.

Oh and everything is unlocked from the start in terms of weapons and equipment, we're fighting for better loot like tanks and full fucking AI battalions.

but why
the necessity of a password should be completely obvious, and most everyone seemed to have managed to figure out the 3 mods the server had

If the mod/scenario maker didn't want people to throw grenades around but could simply make them disappear, why not just have them disappear and stop there? This reddit tier "punishment" is simply unnecessary.

Like i said this is a different server hoster, different gamemode altogether. In terms of gameplay having the server open with no passwords will not prohibit gameplay for us.

on my way desu

Is it a legacy server?

I don't exactly understand the question, but if that implies its vanilla then yes. Outside of the gamemode it's strictly vanilla.

A quick side note!
Do not add the http while connecting, it wont even get you past the loading screen.
Use it like this: xperience.ddns.net:2302

We got about five people. Spawn at FOB base and we'll give you a ride.

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

Rip computer
I'm proud of my boys

Good experience 10/10 would operate again.

Still going or you all done?

Right if we're gonna continue this operation we've gotta mobilize, gotta be tacticool, gotta have miniature strength. We need a medic, rifleman, autoriflemen, and an AT guy.

Volunteering for rifleman.

Dibs autorifle or medic, be there in 5.

I'll join you cunts in a sec

Is the server up?

Alright lads, lets do this.

Do we have voice comms of any kind?

Is it playable with the pirated version?

If the host disables battleye then yes.

Any mods for Arma 3 that let me Remove Gooks?

Unsung.

tfw you miss out on the oper8n

Don't worry, this is the 4th or 5th day straight of this mission so even though you missed today's invasion you still have tomorrow to fight on. The gamemode I'm using is meant to be played over the course of weeks.

Also, here's the highlight from the ISIS misadventures server from yesterday.

tfw will never have the money or laptop to run Arma 3

Can we get a Holla Forums altis life group going? Or something similar?

The money would be wasted on you

I really hope the linux port was up to date with the microshit version

kill yourself

Seeing as how my server host decided to do something entirely different while I was asleep, I'll be starting the ISIS server back up, running it myself. I'll be like five minutes tops.

Don't recall OFP looking that good.

None of my friends have this game, so when I've tried to play online its always been with randos on public servers.

Amazing potential for fun in this game, ruined by retards commandeering humvees and choppers at your home base and wrecking them all over the place, and everyone just walking around shooting randomly instead of getting on point and PTFO.

I've had one good experience playing this game online, it was a persistent server that generated new missions every time objectives would be completed. It was 64 humans vs the cpu. Kinda fun, but it seemed like the AI was way shittier than single player - I was able to walk right up to an enemy that I had stumbled upon and executed him from the front at like 3 feet away and he wasn't even firing my way.

The single player is great in this game, except for some clunky shit like the missions where you have to issue commands to an AI squad that doesn't listen half the time. I'm sure co-op with friends is probably a blast.

I have come to the conclusion that none of you faggots know how to drive, hence I prefer to get out and walk.

Anyone operatin now?

waiting for people, if you get on the ISIS TS we can try doing something

Doesnt seem like the server @ xperience.ddns.net:2302 is up right now

Let's do this.

That server is down since 174.106.83.254:4242 is up.

Aw shit, new dedicated host for ISIS. Same mods, same map, only difference is server IP and the name has "vol2" at the end.
Because of such, I stopped hosting regular ISIS.

pass: nigger

The Misadventures of ISIS vol2

The first link is the TS, which we're still using.
The second is the server.

What's the IP for the server

The person at Bohemia who thought that looked good needs to be shot.

FUCKING CARRY EPINEPHRINE SHOTS FOR ALLAHS SAKE

We playing tonight?

Were. Everyone pretty much left.

actually knew a dude from Afghanistan who played this shit at 8-10 FPS (if he was lucky) on his work laptop. he was law enforcement or someshit

I'm still up or an operation or two if you lads are, server's dedicated now.

I can never get over how well shopped these edits are

check

UPDATE
Apparently the VOIP for the server was disabled the entire time, so sorry about that.
It's back up, nothing much changed besides a few places we captured so we should be getting a steady ammunition supply.

Lets go then.

No cunt coming?

YOU WANNA GO MOTHER FUCKER?
LETS GO!!

god i love this webm. the idea that there are roving kraut biker gangs blasting a six-second loop of limp bizkit while running over russians - and presumably making every autist lose his mind for "ruining the experience" - makes me so happy

GET IN FAGS. THIS IS THE START OF TACTICAL MEME OPERATIONS.

Looks like we have both an ISIS server and a Liberation server now. Neat.

Do you think we'll ever Respect the Robot in Arma 3?

Why is this thread not showing up in catalogs?
Also, we should start a new thread, this one is getting cluttered.

I want to join you guys, but when looking to see how much ARMA 3 is I saw this. jesus christ

Battle Royal
All day. Every day.

I don't need or want none, but they now updated it with teams, up to five.
The guy made the H1Z1 mode KOTK, but that mode is garbage, and the ArmA one is fucking awesome.

Prepare to die a lot, and never ever win

You can get it without the DLC but be prepared for ads

The mecha mods I've tried for Arma3 so far have been awful because they used tank driving physics and were clearly coded up as a wheeled/treaded vehicle. If someone would put in the effort to implement mid-sized battlemechs, Lost Planet-style VSes or something like Chromehounds' hound vehicles, I'd flip my shit.

There are helicopters in the base game

then what the fuck is the DLC? is it just more helicopters? how so? if so that's still jewish but not nearly as bad as i originally thought

Its just 2 more helis, they made a bunch of helicopter related mechanics to go with it but everyone gets those for free anyway.

Yes, it's more helicopters, just like how the marksmen DLC is more sniper rifles. Apex adds an extra map. However, all these things already will be in your base game if you buy it, it will just plaster very intrusive ads all over your screen if you try to use them.
But as I said there already are helicopters and sniper rifles in the game that you can use without getting ads.

We should, but only if someone more responsible makes the OP. Preferably with details on how to get the mods/TS set up for the ISIS server.

what kind of helicopters are added then? i realize how autistic my repeated questions sound but i'm actually interested in getting arma 3 at some point to take part in this shit, but if we don't already have various types of choppers available for transport, cargo, recon etc and that's all gated behind an even further paywall i have zero interest

a future chinook and a chink skycrane ripoff

You could just look it up on google
armedassault.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Helicopters_(ArmA_3)
The base game has plenty of everything and all the DLC barring maybe Apex are worthless

Well that should be the GM6 Lynx added to arsenal on ISIS server, it'll just need time to register. I figured out a decent way of loading-unloading guns to arsenal but holy fuck the entire mechanic is retarded and it's so easy for other people to fuck it up mid process. I also managed to "fix" the server so corpses will actually stay long enough for you to loot them now.

TAR-21 will likely be next gun unlocked in arsenal unless we get a massive batch of FN2000's

I dropped in for a short while.
Until we break 10+ players I won't play to much considering how everyone is already playing to the lovely meta that is "They are AI just use snipers and win"

Call me when we are using AK and PKM only and being real men.

It wasn't like that yesterday, to be honest. Until recently, we were all having fun because none of us knew the meta.
Though I am looking into setting up a possible PvP mission, once I learn the editor some.

Well to be fair that is the entire meta due to the way the AI is in Arma 3. They will spin around and headshot you from 2km away using ironsights as soon as you engage. Fun fact, if you tone down the AI a lot they play a fuckton more intelligently, they will flank, suppress, use smoke and cover to attack you rather than what happens right now is as soon as you fire they hit the tech turn around and headshot you across the map

I used to play on a milsim group against AI that used a custom made AI module on scenarios. They had hunters, patrols, bases, helo's that are not retarded. They even edited the AI interation range meaning they both see and hear like a real human. You can, if you play right, walk right up behind a convoy and not get 180 no sighted by a low skill AI.

Should we end up getting high enough populations 15~ I can start making some REAL missions for you guys. Shouldn't be to hard.

Will they be very Cheeki with a hint of Breeki missions?

Almost all of the missions I made for them wew OPFOR. Playing as OPFOR allows for alot more team based shit, AKs PKMs and maybe an SVD in squads make everyone play more based on the 300m engaging distance so everyone can get rounds off. Instead of around 800+ where only nerds with sights can even see the enemy.

also I sexualy identify as a BMD-4

>not running forums.bistudio.com/topic/179746-iraqi-syrian-conflict/

The mods requirement are of multiple GBs though.

I don't know about you but I was storming bases with a RCO FN2000 and Grenade Launcher earlier when looking for guns. Don't think there was a single engagement that wasn't under 300m.

Also
Pleb.

I do wanna try out the Russian/Murrikan mods from RHS, especially in conjunction with ACE…

Someone said the ip changed and the old ip us only for the team speak? Need the ip for the game server.

91.121.203.79:2302

whats the modlist for the server?

The ISIS one? CBA, ACE, and TFR. All three can be obtained from the workshop, though TFR also involves getting a teamspeak plugin.
radio.task-force.ru/en/

Without it I could not have even seen the fence.

Get off my back!

It isn't if you know what you are doing.

Just get project opfor and RHS. CUP shit is low quality.

RHS is not on steamworkshop yet. They will go on workshop once they push their next update.

I just looked up what "ALiVE" is. It seems pretty neat, but is it at all useful to us?

It makes creating dynamic missions a lot easier. Great features for persistence and shit like that as well.

Any you niggers up for some nightime gun running?

I think the server is fucked. Literally got infantry warping around and missions bugging out left right and centre.

I know things like Liberation break down around the 8-9 hour mark which is why persistent gamemodes like these recommend a mission restart every several hours.

Which server? If it's the ISIS one I can restart it, just make a persistent save

ISIS one.

Do I HAVE to have teamspeak and the radio mod?

For the ISIS server? Yes if you actually want to communicate effectively.

God damnit. I feel like that dude has hidden away more content than he has produced with all the vest variants, shemaghs, facemasks, hats and hats he ends up dropping from his mod. People who bitch about too much shit in the virtual armory are faggots who should just stick to vanilla if more content isn't what they want.

you can snipe MBT's and actually be of use than run around with a fucking punt gun

You're a fucking airdroppable vehicle, better to have speed and the ability to actually use roads to get to safety quicker than take up weight on the planes that could be used for more equipment

well, you meme loving fucks, you talked me into buying this from a key reseller. anyone gonna be online in about an hour to coach a newbie from "walking target" to "high-impact sexual predator"?

Page up and page down zeroes your rifle.
Thats really all you need to know besides pressing c for tacticool speed

anyone able to help me install TFR? the installation steps on their site reference folders that aren't actually in the archive itself. i've figured out the teamspeak plugin because i'm at least that smart but have no idea where the rest of this shit goes

Why don't you click any other mod folder you have and see if you can spot any similarities.

i subscribed to the steam workshop version then i just put the teamspeak plugin in the teamspeak directory. I double clicked it and it installed.

III here
can we please add each other on steam? would make this easier to organize. maybe we can start a Holla Forums arma group so we can announce when we're playing

Extract it, put the whole @tactical folder somewhere and in the mods list in your launcher pint it at that folder. If you have Teamspeak enabled, double click the addon in the teamspeak folder and make sure it's enabled as well as the @tactical mod before joining the Teamspeak and Arma servers respectively.

steamcommunity.com/id/SKITZOwithGUNS/

i bought arma 3 last year and i only played 5 hours. I would love to play more.

Is this a clan or something you role with or just cool friends?
Im getting the urge to become tacticool but i have no one to play with outside of the isis guys and another serverhost user

This is looking like just another mil-sim group.

I looked on the website and there are ops you sign up for. What goes on in the public server between these ops?

This is broma. An ancient arma group from 4chans Holla Forums, that's still rolling since ArmA 2 times.

Having lived through a lot broma is scarred and so are it's members. So take caution before you continue.

There is no sing-up process but you will need play with six with and a lot of mods. At least they have their own custom mods as well with improvements.

bro.ma/

Are there mods that orientate the game more towards gorrilla warfare, like you start with shitty gear and crappy weapons and get more and more tacticool shit as you kill enemies and complete tasks ? I'm a JA2fag so I kinda get an autistic boner for things like that.

Antistasi, though I never played it myself.

Did/will the host disable bettleye?

What do you want to have fun or something too?

I dont get it.

*Guerilla
Not all niggers are gorillas!

Battleeye is shit and likes to fuck up mods.

Battleye used to disable ace .dll files because it thinks .dll files are hacks.

If you play with your mates ALWAYS disable battleye. Unless you are hosting Altis life or dayz rip off public servers you do not need it.

Can anons without a mic join in?

I can't tell when people honestly mistake the two anymore, same with you're and your.

Yes, but you should still use teamspeak so you hear what others say. Though you really should get a mic, they cost like a dollar

I'm just a gigantic anti-social faggot who hates talking. Honestly, when is ARMA going to integrate hand signals into the game so autistic faggots like me don't have to talk?

With ACE there are hand signals but you should still talk because using them is impractical and nobody is looking out for them anyway

How do you join if you have a pirated version?

Or you just cant?

I'm assuming unless the server is hosted on a VPN like Tunngle it ain't happenin

Anyone planning on jumping into the ISIS server anytime soon?

battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/278813

There's a goofy PVP server you should hit. It's more fun with a few mates.

How do you figure that a 4k monitor is going to help your performance? Higher resolutions put a heavier load on your GPU dummy.
Arma's performance is mainly dependent on your single core performance.
You'll want at the very least a high end i5 or mid-high end i7, AMD CPUs tended to be really shit at Arma last time I looked this stuff up.

trash

So which is better as a LMG, the MX SW or the Mk200?

Also, the Type 115's .50 caliber rounds can penetrate a dude wearing a carrier special rig and kill him in one shot by the chest. And kill the guy behind him also wearing the same armor. The 30rd semi-auto/full-auto 6.5mil firing mode on top is just nice.

MX SW is a better sniper than even the Marksman MX last I checked. Mk200 is kind of trash compared to the Zafir but so are all the LMG's.

Can we please just shoot something? I don't want to have to operate with pubs.

I'm up to play some, what kind of game mode though? private missions? public insurgency/invade&annex server? that misadventures of ISIS server?

ISIS? I do love the hit and run terry stuff.

Guess we can go on the server in OP then, uses ACE, CBA, and TFAR, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I'll be on there waiting for people to join.

The Misadventures of ISIS vol2
pass:nigger

Not that guy above, but if you're still operating in around two hours I might be able to hop on.

There's a few of us on now, just bumbling around trying to ambush stuff.

Got a couple small teams going now if you wanna join in.

Just got this game perfectly legally on steam and I've always wanted to play it.
How's the server holding up?

Still players, a fair few aswell.

Well the helicopter crashed with no survivors

It was an honor starting the fire with you lads. Also that chopper crashing in front of us at the factory was pretty rad.
Just hope I didn't end up being too much of a nuisance, also my mic should be fixed tomorrow.

I don't trust anyone with a flight plan.

Words cannot express my rage right now.

so i played last night with two bros and had a fucking awesome time. this gamemode is the absolute shit and i love it. the ads splattered all across your screen if you're using anything more fun than a DMR or F2000 are absolutely fucking disgusting but that's not the server's fault

that said i work with radios all day and thought maybe i'd share some of the APCO radio ten-codes we use. i only mention this because i am autistic and found myself being extremely quiet on the radio because nobody would understand what the fuck i was saying half the time, since my instinct is to just blather codes

10-3 means "Clear the channel", same as telling everyone to shut up because you have something important to say
10-4 means exactly what you think it does
(Double-clicking the radio is also an extremely efficient way of saying 10-4)
10-6 means "Stay quiet unless it's life or death"
10-9 means "Repeat yourself"
10-10 means "Negative"
10-17 means "On my way"

those are the only ones i use on a daily basis but yeah, it's standard police APCO no i'm not a cop

I will just leave this here.

Those are big dubs.

Those are big dubs

Just a head's up, if you're looking for good old CTI fun Infinity Kebab Removal is up.

IP: xperience.ddns.net

And server is going down for the night.

Not much overall progress on the fronts, but we did set up a kickin' rad FOB for assaulting the west coast of Altis.

police codes? This aint no altis life kiddo!

Do we have a group or steam group set up so we know when the server is up or down? I have an urge to snackbar the shit out of something.

That image is glorious.

So we doing this again?

Just took an AAF base, we /tanksin30/ now.

Does anyone actually know how to drive in Arma?

Well the HQ respawned in the sea, we're fucked.

We're seamen now!

Lets hope IRA memes fix the server.

please buy me arma3

Is the server host here? Those protestants have been playing with the server again.

You expect niggas to pay for a shit non-game?

can this server work like that?

Why
All I want to do it larp as a goat fucker and snackbar american AI.

The game is still on sale on the official website at 50%.

Don't use the launcher server browser, it's awful. Use the in-game one.

Server goes up and down as it is needed. It's going up again.

ISIS host isn't around I think, but the Liberation server is soon to be good to go.

Yes, as long as Battleye is disabled on the server. Neither server uses it so you should be good.

I've actually never had issues with the launcher browser, but okay.

fuck off commies

AK-47's for everyone!
as long as you buy the DLC Goyim!
Also why no GLA flag on Holla Forums?

We have 2000 now mate.

can we pirate game and play or what? Im posting from an underground tunnel

no

I'm getting a lot of negativity from you.

hope people are playing next week.

If you leave it long enough the server will be nothing but AKM's.

I'll restart ISIS in 15 minutes regardless of the save, so connect in about 20 if you want to play

It's up

By the way, if ISIS server goes to shit use the Liberation one.

Why is Bohemia's engine so god damn shit ?

Because they refuse to acknowledge the existance of CPU's with more than 1 core?

It's due to the mission being too complex or badly scripted.

I've made over 100 missions and know what I'm talking about.

The worst mission you can get is some steam workshop public Capture The Island bullshit.

The easiest way with best performance would be to run an alive mission with HC.

Although I'm mostly against ALive, I do think it has it's places to shine. Especially on doing large island size missions and running them persistently.

I have however experienced frame drops with it and think that the best alternative is custom made ai script with caching and clean up done well.

Takes time and commitment to get something done well for arma. Not a lot of people are passionate about this shit and I find hard to stay focused as well.

If someone out there really cares I can give pointers and help you out a bit.

I posses a 4770k and have tried overclocking to 4.6 ghz with hyperthreading turned off (4 threads) vs 4.4 ghz with hyperthreading turned on (8 threads).

Had more frames with hyperthreading on.

Cores do have an impact on frame rate and so does RAM speed.

techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/11

1 core meme is just a meme by casual pubbies.
Don't be a fucking casual!

No wonder people don't want to play non-modded Arma 3 anymore with this kikery going on.

>>>/killyourself/

goddammit you faglords stop being saturday night social and get on the server

Good progress on the Liberation server today, we've punched a hole on the west side of Stratis and established another FOB reaching out to most of the southwest territories. We might be able to take over the entire left half of the island before the end of next week.

It only runs shit on AMD. And I won't go throug the trouble of getting proof for you.

This is completely wrong. But it's up to you if you want to play arma with HT on or off or just on your AMD crap.

Fuck off with your reddit tier arma 3 cpu meme!

You are the one that belongs on reddit you autistic faggot.

I'm pretty sure Intel paid Bohemia to sabotage AMD performance.
But I won't go through the trouble of getting proof for you :^)

Embarrasing, stop trying to fit in for once and focus on having fun and not being collossal faggots

Is this even still up?

It is, though nobody is online right now

You faggots want to get on and *teach me how to use this ACE shit*
Haven't played arma 3 in a while as well, but im just doing scenario stuff to remember the controls

ignore the messed up spoilers

It's too late in my yuro time to operate, but ACE is basically just
Usually people tend to be playing around 1700GMT but it's sometimes a bit random. The other server tends to have players later in the night as far as I can tell.

ISIS teamspeak is down and i can't connect to the Liberation server. is this the end of radical operations

Liberation is up right now, the unit cap has been slightly raised.

what am i doing wrong then? the server browser either in-game or in the launcher refuses to even notice the server

see