>looked online if there were any other ways to acquire the item

that's fucking hilarious.

fuck that

Choosing the Deal ending in GTA IV.

Who'd you kill?

fuck that

Get fucked casual

Back to cracked, faggot.

Sometimes realism results in better gameplay, like this exact situation, faggot.

I think in deal ending BIG AMERICAN TITTIES slav dies and you kill the russki.

I'd delete the file then furiously break shit until the rage finally subsided at the sheer bullshit of that chain.

Delete it.

Dragon's Dogma has a few of those. Luckily you can fix your mistakes in New Game+, but I applaud it for actually creating a sense of urgency and purpose. The only problem with it is that so many other games in its genre do not enforce such time limits, so it comes off as unfair and dickish for them to do it.

Skyrim let's you run around for years doing sidequests and fucking around with zombies in the tons of generic dungeons, and then at any time you wish, you can continue any of the dozen super important "OH GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING PLEASE SAVE US CHOSEN ONE!" quests you were handed at the start of the game.

Dragon's Dogma is also guilty of this, since the main storyline doesn't continue unless you do certain quests, but it does feature a number of quests that you can fail instantly for progressing the story too far without completing.

there really is no worse feeling than accidentally deleting or selling some rare item in a game.

I always liked that in the first level of DXHR, if you dick around in Sarif HQ for too long before starting the hostage rescue mission, the terrorists kill the hostages and your boss bitches you out because it was completely your fault for looking for painkillers in the womens bathroom instead of just getting to the goddamn helipad.

Good job kid, you're retarded.

What was there even to find?

You can be a daedric shrine?