Mechwarrior thread

I reckon you all know the drill. Also, going to drop a link for a really fucking fun community-based MW game called Mechwarrior: Living Legends

clanjadewolf.net/mwll/ (Version 0.8.0 is torrented. Grab & install it, patch to 0.8.2, and install gamespy fix if multiplayer doesn't work the first time around.)

If anyone here plays MWLL, what are your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe
docs.google.com/file/d/0B3q48qzz8eVgYnZvaGdEd0Rxc3c/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=KC2OZ6enT6I
community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4920
abandonia.com/en/games/669/Power Dolls.html
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I tried MechWarrior 2 but the framerate was worse than a N64 game.

MW3 and later would likely work better with newer hardware. That or your hardware is shit. If you're on a craptop, you'll encounter issues more likely than not. Might also encounter issues with MW2 if you are using linux.

Best mech, if the mechwarrior game doesnt have it, there is no reason to play it

Bushwacker, right?

I played MWLL, honestly it needed completed because vehicles in it were far too OP mainly cause you could abuse the fuck out of armor facings and never lose a weapon and I really don't like what they did with ballistic weapons in general Machine Guns are NOT fucking .30cal's, they are 20-40mm autocannons Interesting and fun overall but did not feel very Mechwarriorish to me.

Oh boy I don't think you've tried it. MW3 runs worse than MW2. Some of the issues MW3 has with hardware are well, spectacular.

Bushwacker is a good choice. I much prefer mechs like the Strider and Raven myself but that's just me. I would never say no to a Bushwacker

Anyway have some MW4Mercs with MP3.1
mediafire.com/file/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe

STEINER!
ATLAS!
Mercenaries

VTOLs and the aerospace bomber are really good at fucking up most non-mech vehicles. Not ALL of them are stupidly well-armored, but the high-end tanks can take a ridiculous amount of punishment. THey also move really slow, which makes them vulnerable to the hilariously deadly Longtom artillery.

Also, things are very different between 0.7 and 0.8.2

Never played. Whats good about these games?

I already know that Battletech will be shit because of diversity from the guys who made the Shadowrun games but why will MW5 be bad.

PGI.

Do you like to pilot big ass machines and blow shit up?
Then get a joystick, faggot. And download mechwarrior 4 and have fun

Isnt there a quadruple mechwarior pack made by commies that fix all that shit?

what kind of joystick?

Wolf's Dragoons
Puma
Bushwacker
Mad Cat, maybe a Vulture if you're short on tonnage.
Dire Wolf with the canon D loadout from tabletop.
Shit. MW2 really nailed the Mechlab, but MW4 plays the best, and actually works with modern flight sticks.

Got these two on my desk, waiting for my vallejos to arrive.

Does MW2 run on a 486?

I don't know much about the mechwarrior franchise. What are the games worth getting for the PC if any?

Get yourself a HOTAS set. If you're cheap, get an Ace Combat 5 Flightstick 2. If you're willing to plonk down proper skrilla for a solid HOTAS, can't go wrong with a Rhino. I'm in the former camp, and use the AC5 set. Works a treat, though you will need vJoy, UJR, and Joy2Key to get the most out of it.

MW4 + Mektek is probably the best place for new players to start. Here's a link:

docs.google.com/file/d/0B3q48qzz8eVgYnZvaGdEd0Rxc3c/edit

That's the latest I've been able to find.

Wait, the turn based mechwarrior game is going to be shit too?
JUST

Something like pic related

nu-Holla Forums is just salty because "hurr all da niggers", like the characters fucking matter in a game about 100 ton death machines blasting the piss out of each other. These same faggots would piss themselves if they saw the Salamanders with their helmets off.

Also, that stick kind of stick should be avoided. Too busy, and needlessly complex. Pic related is more sensible, and allows your left hand to actually do more than twiddle a knob.

Just telling, user, the minimum shit the joystick needs to have and do, to play mech games and used that pic as an example.
Back in the day I used pic related for vidya, know I have a saitek, bought the first one new and a second one used in an old store.

My issue with the battletech game is them making up a bunch of shit in the fringes of the galaxy instead of either playing around in the traditional core hotspots or if they really wanted to do a game in the Periphery realms there are so many realms to pick from that the idea they just made one up kinda pisses me off and it's not like those realms couldn't use more detail and filling out.
Also best mech is longbow.

Agreeable at least. Mechwarrior requires at least the main stick, plus rudder and throttle. Also as many fucking buttons as you can afford. The less you have to reach for a keyboard, the better.

Depends on the game but if it was MW4 era and earlier it usually had a canon campaign set in the canon hotspots. Longbow a bitch

Hey clanner, CATCH!

Funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=KC2OZ6enT6I
whoaaaa

Found the lefty halfcuck. There are legitimate reasons to be worried about the devs going full retard with their special snowflake characters. This isn't about HURR DURR NIGGER NIGGER CHINK GOOK at all. It's about integrity. If the devs are willing to stoop as low as to introduce their special snowflake characters that are lore-breaking, what else are they willing to do?
They do. In fact, the characters matter a lot. Lore is very important in the BT universe.
Pretty sure Salamanders are one of the most beloved chapters out there.

You need to go back.

Frankly I'm thinking of selling my set up. I'm getting sick of how few games even support them now. Most recent disappointments were everspace and redout. Redout was especially rage inducing because the game seemed practically designed to be played with a stick or yoke, yet people would react like wanting to play it with a flight stick and throttle was somehow the most bizarre fucking thing they've ever heard.

Every time "diversity" is brought into a game it shows the state of the developers, only literal faggots who make shitty games care about this stuff and anyone naive to brush it off as it won't affect the product, I bet you're one of the niggas who bought KF2 (a game with pozzed shit like no bikini girls and bad words but dyed hair blue mohawk chick and Tumblr Aussie cunt) in early access and said it would be a good game and lo & behold how much of a step up it was from the first. You are cancer thinking this will not be shit and elements like this only exists in a vacuum, you retards never learn.

Give me a break. Six months ago MW threads either died under 100 replies or went mecha, and half of the faggots here didn't hear of mechcommander. Suddenly everyone's a muh deep dark loremaster.

Regardless, how about we postpone the saltparty and the bitching about some side characters until we see if the game's actually shit? That sound reasonable, fam?

*raises paw*
You know what, I agree. I couldn't care less about meatbags in a game about heavy hardware and the only reason I like my lancmates in MW3 was because they were amusing.
So if characters aren't important, why did the shadowrun guys made up a bunch of biographies and made sure that none of the characters is white and everyone can trace their ancestry to 1000 years back to Earth?

I guess Deus Ex and Doom are shit too since nobody talks about them 24/7. Even more so since they don't have tabletop/nonvidya mediums OR, Or, hear me out here, or you're just a fucking faggot..

You can drop the proxyfagging and the cheap ass rhetoric and we can probably have a comfy thread, or quite frankly you can go and fuck yourself. I'm good either way.

8/v/ was always slow in comparison to halfcuck's.
There is no saltparty nor is there bitching.

Here's your (you)

lmoa, this fag

Downloaded this beauty last thread, I play like shit but I'm still loving it. Too bad there are times where there's literally no one playing MWLL.
I regret not getting into mecha games before.

Fuck your faux-stoicism, there are tons of good fucking games on here that no one talks about, Battletech was made for an audience that doesn't play video games and it will just be Shadowrun with the free-roaming replaced with an Ubisoft-tier upgrade system.

I'll play with you we can be shit together.

So, go fuck yourself, then?

Yeah, it's probably going to be buggy with a mobile phone tier UI but I'm not going to dismiss what may be a second coming of Mechcommander with integral modding kit over Holla Forums extrapolating bullshit a'lla Holla Forums and some concept art

Yeah? Why not make a thread on some of them?

At what time is it more likely to find people playing?

For a game slated to be released in 3 months or less, bullshit.
Because there isn't anything to discuss that already hasn't been, you'll get something forced and painfully awkward like the Gmod and Stalker threads.

Tell you what, if it's as absolute shit as you believe it is you won't have to wait long to rightfully call me out a naive faggot. But until then did I miss something? You know, something other then said shit concept art?

The sad part is that in best case you'll get newfags asking for sauce. user, we've reached the point where faggots are shitting up M&, RTS and eye threads for no reason then to do so.

No I already told you it'd be a generic TBS with a false sense of depth through an upgrade system which should be standard for a game like this, nothing intricate or unique to it, the quality of the art is a good correspondent on the gameplay in most cases.

You got some actual details or shit? Call it a bad habit but I'm really not into listen and believe.

That poor dumbass used his samefag card too soon

BT dropships are so fucking ugly that it's actually art.

u mad? ja, u mad.

Nevermind you nu-Holla Forums autists always seem hell bent on shitting up threads. By all means, keep trying to shove your white nationalist enthostatist horseshit everywhere nobody wants it. I'm sure that'll draw people to your ideas rather than make them just wish you'd hurry up and go for a fucking swing.

Are you fucking retarded or something? They said on newer hardware which it does have obvious issues on. Like using AMD cards will transform Mechs into Aerospace fighters for some reason.

Not an argument.

Unrelated, they sem to have their own copy paste phrases to use in certain situations, many times i encounter some new meme-phrases that suddenly are used by some here on Holla Forums, yet i am missing some of them

oy vey make america great again its da jooos

It's literally not an argument. I make a well-constructed post and mention nothing of how every character needs to be white and is proving himself to be a Holla Forums sperg who can only use ad-hominens, he's even proxy switching as seen here . Every character in this game is some race-mixed mongrel with a cringy and horribly written dialogue like all HBS games, expect some leftist shit in there too like the Shadowrun games (forgot which one but it was some fat nigger inserting the dev's thoughts on how religion is primitive and everyone has to start fedora tipping, nothing philosophically and neatly presented like New Vegas or Planescape for example). The only people looking forward to this are those desperate for anything Battletech.

Literally kill yourself cunt

Maybe they're on to something

So for someone who grew up playing a bit of MW3 but never having the proper set up, what other Mechwarriors are must-plays? Only other one I played was MechAssault, which was fun but also not really a mech game in the sense I was looking for. I don't even recall there being in depth customization. Any word on MW5's mech building? Or will it end up like NFS MW 2012, a mere shell of its former self?
Shit, may as well ask directly, which mech game has the best customization? Bonus points if you slowly acquire/salvage more parts over time and have to make do to start with.

If you are excited for MW5 you do not respect the robot!

Just another day on Holla Forums

Don't get me wrong, user. I will be genuinely surprised if it has customization beyond cosmetics and simple shit. Major developers seem to have all but abandoned it, even in series where it matters the most. Shit's depressing, yo.

There's MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries which, for all its faults, is a great game that even includes missions that take into account fail states. Still, it's very clunky and the graphics look like shit. Another problem is digging out what version to use because the game came out before DirectX was a thing.

MechWarrior 4 is the first MW game actually tries to differentiate the mechs with the inclusion of hardpoints, so they were all the same fucking thing, just with different silhouettes, but the original campaign is trash, Black Knight is trash, so you might as well just play Mercenaries.

Mech Commader 1 is good, Mech Commader 2 is a steaming pile of shit with the most retarded AI of any game I've ever seen. All it does is lock onto the first unit it sees and keeps chasing it, so you can beat the whole game by using a light mech to bait them and let everyone else on the team keep firing while you run in circles.

Leftists are filth as always.

The issue isn't cosmetics, they already have most of the mechanics figured out (albeit many of them are retarded), the issue is that PBI is a shit developer.

And from what I'm reading MW5 is trying to be MW2: Mercenaries, with procedurally generated missions and planets, and we all know this is just a recipe for disaster. This is, naturally, ignoring the fact they're a completely inept bunch of faggots that sells $500 gold mechs, didn't "fix" issues with heat management that were present in the beta until a few months ago and fucked Clan wars up so badly the mode is now moribund.

Call me up when it features cuckolding. No cuckold ? No buy.

Just give your money to PGI, it's the same thing for the MW community at this point.

Why the Puma for light mechs? I'd personally prefer the Owens as a light mech myself.

As for mediums, well, I'd actually prefer a Black Lanner over a Bushwacker. The Lanner is very fast for a 55t mech, which can, with a MASC, sprint at ~160kph. (The tabletop equivalent has a sprint of 14) Variant A is a good ranged combatant, since anything that can outrun the Alpha simply can't outfight it.

Not gonna dispute the Heavy; Madcat's a damn good mech.

I personally prefer the Atlas for assault mechs, but that doesn't make it the best.

Yeah MW4 is about the only one that runs properly on today's machines.

Funny story, one of the guys from MWLL dealt a sick burn by saying that you don't have to pay $500 for gold paintjob in their game.

Why don't you fuck off back to Holla Forums. You can call 'muh pol bogeyman' all you want, but pattern recognition isn't exclusive to Holla Forums.

No user, I'm not mixing either of the Holla Forumss into this because quite frankly they're generally more proficient in their shilling. To put it plainly if you got something concrete on this, please share.

Otherwise stop shitting up Mechwarrior threads with vague shit and cheap bait. Do some good and work that cancer magic on 4am or one of the assfaggot generals.

You already ruined the Obsidian thread, now you're defiling Mech Warrior.

>>>/ovens/

Not our problem if you're so much of a retard you can't recognize patterns. Now fuck off back to wherever you came from.

You're really trying too hard. Sad!

Almost 100% of the time it's lefty faggots that are starting these flame wars.

Is the faggot who started the argument when he started talking about pol and halfchan cancer.

meant to reply to

Response

Play mechwarrior 4 for some fun mechaction
Also if you want to hire qt pilots and blow up shit while you seat safely away of the action, get mechcommander 1, shit is fun, just copy all the contents of the cd into your computer and run the game, it should start, mechcomander 2 is ok, but the ai is retarded and will always attack the weakest mech IGNORING EVERYTHING ELSE.

Confederation Capella is the most interesting one. Damn shame they're designated villains whenever they show up, would love to explore chinese flavored NatSoc as one of the nations loyal defenders.
The Orion is known for easy maintenance. On the battlefields of the 31st century that's a painfully overlooked aspect, a well maintained mech is superior even to a nominally better machine when that's held together by sloppily applied duct tape. Plus it was good enough for Kerensky.
Most satisfying campaign? MW4 Black Knight, my face hurt from smiling too hard when I first realized I'll get to kill Casey Nolan.
Best simulation? MW3 made it important to consider recoil when placing weapons in the mechlab.
Best game all things considered? MW4 Mercenaries.
MWOs game mechanics look fun but I'll never fall for pay2win MP bullshit. Give me a good SP campaign or fuck off.

About the only good mechanic they've introduced is making it so that if you shoot off the leg the mech isn't instantly disabled, it will just limp around. That was a major fuckup in MW games that I can't believe it took all these years to fix.

I don't even care if it's Battletech, I just want a fun mech game with a neat campaign.

Haven't played MW2 in way too long but wasn't that a thing?

Pretty much.

I won't go into the details of all of MWO's mechanical problems but for all of it's faults it is the best balanced mechwarrior game in regards to Clan/Inner Sphere differences and giving a reason to not use clan tech.

If I remember right a legloss in MW2 was a death, in 3 you couldn't move and would shortly die. But limping was MWO thing that PGI got right.

Nope, you just fall down. If you don't have jumpjets you're pretty much out of the fight, but you're technically not dead and if someone was dumb enough to approach directly from the side, you could still fry his ass.

I could swear a mech would remain standing on that one leg until someone put it out of it's misery.

Pretty solid argument for that in say MW4. Fitting a LLAS over CERLAS saves both heat and weight, and it's even more obvious with ACs vs UACs or PPCs vs ERPPCs.

Too bad the clan missiles are just straight up better at everything.

Honestly on battletech you're better off working as a mercenary for whoever pays best
Privateer, shadow hawk and summoner
Probably mw3 if you could run it smoothly as mw4 and with fixed mechanics (legin mechs)

mwo does some things right but all the flaws destroy any appeal for the game. Also the mechs look like shit, like they used the same generic parts for all of them

Anyone saved the pic with all mw5 characters?

Biggest problem with MechWarrior in that regard is that the game lack proper simulation of electronic warfare. Heavy Gear was king in that regard.

It's the Battletech game by HBS, not MW5, and I do have them, but I don't wanna derail the thread.

Do you think that video was recorded on a 1998 PC, retard?

Because 2x ER PPC. It's bullshit.

Originally the MWO mechs where uniquely designed. Now they are modular. Not only did this ruin several iconic profiles of mechs like the K2 Catapult or Jagermech and even the Centurion's AC arm it started the current trend of stupid looking pasted on boxes on everything. I'd go digging up comparison photo's of the old/new but frankly I don't want to bring that evil here.
Getting the unseen back and the artwork redesigns are the best things to come from mwo.

Yeah, flyingdebris can draw his mechs.

Those hawaiian/german obese dyed hair characters are not from that mechwarrior game pre alpha from a month ago? That makes it worse actually, if they put them on a mechcommander game (because it's basically a turn based mechcommander) then they'll have bigger character roles and time to speak about their bullshit. How nice
Well that is the game, but alright

I'll look for those picsthen, I've only seen the game as it's been since early 2016

Your mum.
I'm partial to clan wolf when it comes to the clans but I'm still undecided on the whole "who's better, IS or OS" thing. I mean the clans are a bunch of non-sexual clones/genetically tank bred warriors, and they still trade even blows with these supposed "inferior, naturally born" pilots (i cant fucking remember the term, what was it? something-birth or something-born referring to normal sexually birthed humans as a pejorative). You'd think if the outer sphere clans were so much better they'd have crushed the Inner by now.

That's like fucking asking what the "best gun" is. There are a shit ton of them and certain ones excel in certain situations. You're not going to bring a bolt action sniper to a school to shoot the place up and you're not going to use a 12 gauge to take out armored personnel at four hundred yards.

As far as light, hard to say. I don't like light mechs. They're useful for scouting but in the games that basically means a boring fucking mission where you don't do anything, and you do a whole lot of peeking. Kit Fox and Firemoth (remember those?) have armor made of paper, only slightly surpassed by the Jenner, which has a horrible fucking primary loadout. Puma and Nova are okay but the lack of torso turn holds them back. For the heavier Mechs, you really can't go wrong with Mad Cat/Timber Wolf. It's perfectly balanced with everything. It's the staple of the franchise. That said, my favorite one is Sunder, which I think is considered assault, I'm not sure (80 to 85 tons I think, don't remember its weight, maybe 90). Its little brothers Hellbringer and Summoner are also excellent choices.

What about WORST mech? According to official lore, the Marauder is a great and widely successful mech, but I can't stand it. It looks like shit, it moves like shit, it's primary loadout is pretty shit. Fuck that Mech.

ah right nevermind it was "freebirth" i just remembered

community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4920
Here's the link though.

If you're going to point fingers, point them at the ACTUAL asscancer that started it:

Holla Forums was a mistake.

But it will be shit. HBS don't exactly have a stellar track record in designing combat mechanics, they're making it in Unity, and you know the story will be some of the most cringeworthy, BioWare tier dreck that has come out since Inquisition.

Hitler nailed it. That dual ER PPC is just bonkers. What's better is when you make the weight to switch them out for IS PPCs and laugh your ass off because you can just keep shooting forever.

he didn't "start it," he said something that was true, you got triggered and replied with bullshit, and fellow anons in this thread proceeded to B you TFO. Notice how he didn't get all the responses and you did? He didn't "start" shit.

You have developers that directly and intentionally created this smorgasbord of characters, NONE of which are white, ALL of which are wildly mixed "heritages" they can trace all the way back from Earth which makes NO FUCKING SENSE in the BT universe. They went out of their way to set up this panel of special snowflake characters, obviously due to liberal political leanings, in a complete and utter disregard for the lore and stand against the history of the world this is in.

If you suddenly made some Superman comic wherein all of a sudden he has no weakness to kryptonite anymore, and it's Canon, you're going to make a lot of people pissed off because you're shitting on one of the cornerstones of what makes that world what it is. This is the same thing. That you cannot possibly see, or don't WANT to, that this is stupid progressive liberal bullshit being shoehorned into a place it should never belong, you're either a retard or a shitlib faggot.

This has nothing to do with Holla Forums, it once again is a bunch of fucking assholes trying to ram their own political viewpoints into a place where it completely contradicts the entire setup of the universe it's in. Fuck you.

And this is why we don't let free-births pilot mechs, little ones.

Wrong, just the result of a couple centuries of selective breeding.
Laughably false. The only reason the Houses still exist is sheer numbers. Clan mechs are massively superior in almost every regard to the IS mechs available at the time of the invasion. In 3050 the IS was a huge, ineffective pile of cannibalistic infighting and technological stagnation at best and regression at worst. Clan Tech wiped the floor with anything in what one would call a 'fair fight', something the Clans generally wouldn't bother with for inner sphere scum.
Also wrong. Clan society is very strict on who gets to reproduce. Free-births are what happens when people disobey those rules and fuck outside of their caste, the resulting offspring is less suitable for either caste than their parents were, meaning the child is effectively a waste.
Yes. Yes there is. There have been entire campaigns launched between Clans to steal the rights of production to it.

It's not even the fact they're ramming their shit politics into the game that pisses me off, it's the question to whom they're even marketing this shit to?

Does tumblr give a fuck about Battletech? No, they do not, it's white guys that like the setting and have been clamoring for a game for years, and HBS, being the leftist shitstains they are, see it as a prime opportunity to take their money, take a bit fat shit on them and what they want and expect them to stay silent or pretend to like it because it's the current year +1.

And I am supposed to congratulate these slimy cockroaches and their cowardice?

As a bonus, here's a picture of HBS IRL. This should say it all really.

You also limp in MW4. They didn't get all of it right. Also, PGI didn't take into consideration that legs can be blown the fuck off completely, which might as well be death.

Clanners are fucking idiots. That's why they lost. That's what you get when you put a bunch of muh honor faggots and their spirit animals in charge.

They still know how to wage war, unlike the gay ass shit the Clans have got going.

Who here plays the clan jade wolf Mech warrior LL version. I get spanked a lot but its pretty good fun.

Hey, there's a token black guy.

I see the clans vs Inner Sphere essentially how I see the US Revolutionary War. The King's men get sent over the quell the uppity colonists, and they all do this archaic, moronic battle "tactic" of standing in the open, taking shots, reloading while others take shots, are held back by these constructs of "honor" and "good sportsmanship" or whatever the fuck it is. Then you have the colonists who are simply fighting for their very freedom, who said "no fuck that we're going to do whatever it takes to win." It wasn't the only reason they won, but guerrilla warfare was a huge part of it, and was seen by the "honorable" king's soldiers as in dishonorably poor taste.

This strikes me as the same thing. Clans seem to fail at times when they shouldn't, artificially held back by their own rules, while the IS basically says 'fuck it' and goes no-holds-barred.

Two gooks as well, but as every other collective of leftist parasite, it's always pic related.

Fair point, but line infantry fought as they did because firearms in that era were very inaccurate and bullets tended to fly all over the place. US colonists did have pitched battles with them, but they also engaged in gorilla warfare using hunting rifles that tended to be far more accurate than what a soldier would be using. It helps if you think of their guns as "spears", and the bullet as the tip of the spear. The only real difference is that the range changed a bit.

IS tended to use those rules against them, mostly because Clanners are fucking hypocrites that prance around talking about fairness and honor, yet field superior technology.

K, I'll bite just this one time.
Elementals and Aerospace pilot midgets are just selective breeding, huh? You're so wrong it isn't funny anymore.

Wait I knew about elementals but not about that.

i've seen that huffpo image many times and only now do i notice that every single cunt at that table has a mac. they all have exactly the same fucking laptop.

Just look at that image and wonder "hmmm do these females have any original thoughts or opinions of their own?" rhetorical of course.

my outer sphere history is pretty rusty, it's been years since i've read or played any BT stuff, but I'm pretty sure I remember that the clans essentially said "no, no sex allowed," and all reproduction was genetically engineered humans coming out of a lab. Is that not the case?

You're on the level of a Total War cuck. Who gives a fuck about fancy animations? They sure as fuck didn't make Total War games past Medieval 2 any better.

Oy vey. Go shill someplace else you bottom feeding cuck.

I object more to the fact that they licensed PGI artwork and assets, which means no matter what those scumbags will make shekels off this. Seriously fuck those guys.

Clan Aerotech pilots are genetically optimized for their job, just like their elementals and mechwarriors. They're smaller so they can operate better at high Gs, less leverage for inertia to hinder their hands and feet at the controls and a more robust circulatory system to avoid blackouts and redouts. They also have bigger heads than normal humans, probably to fit a cushion area around the brain like woodpeckers have, so they don't get punchdrunk from a short high-G burst like getting hit by explosions or kinetic weapons.

Sucks to be you my mane

No one said you don't scurv it :^)

I'm not sure what you're point is user. We were obviously talking about the Photoshop-painted panel of characters they're planning on making integral to their upcoming new MW game. I also have no idea why you bothered with those animations either.

pics related.

Dumb question but what game is this?

Battletoads

What the fuck is this degenerate race-mixing shit. Everyone's a fucking mixed breed. Disgusting.

It's bait

Wait, melee's a thing?

This is the kind of thing I like seeing in threads. There's a ton of shit I don't know about the BattleTech universe, and I tend to learn a lot from those better informed than myself

Has always been a thing in the tabletop, it's just the first time we get to RIP AND TEAR in vidya.

More like how the fuck are can these humans in the year 3000 trace their lineage back to 21st century Earth and only be a mix of two or three ethnicities?

The Atlas is capable of lifting even heavy mechs and tossing them like around like toys.

Hush now, don't try applying logic to liberal gibberish, it's triggering.

Yes. Clans often refer to melee/ramming attacks as physicals. Some clans like them better than others. (Clan Jade Falcon, which designed the Black Lanner, is not a fan of physicals. Clan Smoke Jaguar, on the otherhand, is no stranger to literally beating the hell out of enemy mechs with their own mechs.

More like why would everyone trace their ancestry 1000 years back to Earth where they probably never lived anyway.

Sarna.net is the main wiki, has every bit of info just short of the rulebooks. Have fun.

Oh, I'm aware but having it in vidya? In a turn based strategy vidya? Too bad SSI died before making this.

he's a dragon

Generally you'd do it with bits you blew/ripped off of the other mech.

Jade Falcon
Black Lanner
MW:LL for MP, MW4:Mercs for SP.

I've played LL since it was released and have completely loved it. I like the combined arms approach they went with. Tanks and aero's are more than just fodder and are actually viable. There's a fuck ton of assets, and you usually see a good mix of them being used rather than it being just Assault mech spam. The game is more Battletech than just Mechwarrior in that regard. You can also do cool shit like coordinate Arrow IV fire with Tag or Narc. And fighting Assaults in fast mediums is way more fun than it seems.

I don't have many negatives to say about it, other than it being rather crash prone and games can snowball quite easily. There's a bunch of new players on it right now, so if you haven't tried it you can do so without getting stomped by vets as badly.

I've been reading through it already.

Are you Roulous?

No, and I have no idea who that is. What makes you think that?

Player I've met ingame that fuckin loves to (ab)use the Black Lanner

That isn't an uncommon trait. The BLanner is a blatantly OP mech. And I assure you, I abuse it far more.

Thats how all clan tech and weapons work in the board game. Its lore accurate.
Clan lasers are smaller, produce less heat, shot further and do more damage than regular IS ones. Same for every other kind of weapons.
Clan tech is simply more advanced than IS equivalents since the clans didn't spend 300 years destroying all their tech, unlike the IS.
The caveat is that the only ones who HAVE clan tech are the clans, or those who have salvaged clan tech off the battlefield.
Gameplay wise, its a reward of superior gear you get for playing well. Its not supposed to be ballanced against IS tech in any other way than its cost. Shits expensive and comes in a limited supply if you can even buy it, regular IS equipment is supposed to be more readily available.

Regulans or Smoke Jaguars

Urbie

Viper B
Gotta love the asshole who decided to put one of the biggest long range headcappers in the game and put it on one of the fastest and most manoeuvrable mechs in the game. This thing is made for grieffing assaultmechs.

Warhammer
It isn't the best mech ever, but damnit its a classic for a reason.

I'm torn between Stalker and Warhawk
Both are incredible for different reasons, though if you just want the best assault in the game, you'll need a Hellstar.

MegaMek

Not really. First, what tech edge they had back around MW1 era is pretty much gone when put against elite mercs or houseguard of the MW4 era. Second, the quality and sheer availability of certain technologies heavily varies from clan to clan.

Third and my favorite is that their weapons are usually designed as the bigger, badder version of legacy Star League weaponry. Their machinegun arrays have more machineguns, their AC fire more dakka, their lasers operate on a higher charge and so. They have on paper nastier but not necessarily the more cost effective guns.

Fulffwise especially it also means they often lack some of the shiny new shit IS got.

Now what I meant with missiles is how you have legitimate reasons to use IS weaponry; for example having a couple more shots at 700 is generally worth much more then having a couple less at 800. But short of maybe MRMs there's really no reason to use IS missiles over Clan ones.

No, clanners tend to be fairly liberated in regards to sexuality, especially the warriors. They don't use sex for reproduction, but are happy to use it for recreation with little if any emotional involvement.
For breeding, warriors prefer the Trueborn. Produced by taking the genes of a warrior who has proven themselves worthy, and combining them with the genes of a second, likewise worthy warrior, to produce batches of vatgrown warriors. There is some genetic engineering, but its mostly just a eugenics program.
Warriors who made with the "natural" method, are called Freeborn or Freebirths. The term is often used as an insult, especially by trueborn warriors, but the exact ratio and relationship between Freeborn and Trueborn warriors changes from clan to clan.

The IS has never been in a position to trade blows equally with the clans, since clan warriors are trained from childhood to the highest possible human standard. Only the most elite house units could hope to go toe to toe with experienced clan troops without copious amounts of plotarmor in a book.
Also, there is no such thing as "outer sphere". The innersphere is the part of space mankind has colonised. At its outer edge, you have the periphery, made up of lesser states, bandits and independent planets, usually poor and primitive. Deep in the periphery is the clan homeworlds, where kerensky led the exodus after the fall of the starleague. This is where the clans are invading the inner sphere from. Since no IS faction has any useful spacefleets, and all the clans do, the IS has no realistic way to ever hit the clan homeworlds while they can do little to fight back. Until operation serpent fucking writer biased bullshit

Elementals and Aerospace pilots are exceptions. They where made from regular warrior stock with genetic engineering, but most regular and mechwarriors have only minor genetic tweeks. They may well have been crossbred with Elementals or Aerospace pilots, so you get trueborn mechwarriors who are 8 feet tall and are naturally strong enough to wrestle a gorilla, but most of them are essentially human.

No you started it by being a sperg crying Holla Forums boogeyman and responding pathetically with manlet-tier anger either to signal how you're not an evil nazi or you simply couldn't contain your hate for Holla Forums because your IQ is in the double-digits.

Excuse me? From the clan invasion (3049-3052) Clan tech is entirely exclusive to clans and a very few special research projects hastily being done in the IS, since the clans have almost literally won every battle they've fought.
By 3057 (MW2) the IS is start to get new toys from comstar and their research programs and are begining to fight back, though still mostly loosing.
MW3 is in 3060 where you take part in the invasion of the smoke jaguar homeworlds. Lots of clan tech around, since you are ON THE CLAN HOMEWORLDS. At this time, some clan salvage is available in the IS, from the aftermath of Operation bulldog (when the IS houses banded together to dogpile the Smoke Jaguar Invasion zone and kick them out of the IS) but quantity is limited, much of it is battledamaged and very few mechs have any training or even access to manuals for most of the clan tech, so it tends to be expensive to buy and maintain. Some Mercs and a few elite units begin to use it, but sparingly, since its hard to get spareparts for it. None of the fancy variants of any of the tech is around at this point. No X pulse lasers, variable speed pulse lasers, heavy lasers, ATM missiles, HeavyPPC's or even RAC's. That shit is all experimental weapons programs or hasn't been invented yet.
By 3067 (MW4) the conquering heros lead by Victor Steiner Davion return to the IS, only to find that whole FedCom Civil War thing going full bore. They bring a lot of salvaged equipment back, but still, noone in the IS, other than the remaining invading clans can actually make more of it, and those guys aren't about to sell guns to their own enemies. Clantech become more common, but its still rare, and outside the Wolfs Dragoons, noone is fielding whole units armed with the stuff. Its too expensive.
The IS doesn't begin to get official mechs with clanguns and tech that they can build themselves until around 3100 long after the jihad and the rebuilding from said jihad.
Most IS specific weapons aren't better in any way than their clan equivalents, they are just gimmicks, many of which don't work very well re-engineered lasers, variable speed lasers, ERLRM's, NLRM's and so on or only match one of the attributes of the superior clan version, PPC's where upgraded to ER, Heavy and light versions, with the ER PPC having more range, but same punch for more heat, heavy has more firepower for more heat, but only limited range, Light PPC's are smaller and more effecient, but hit like medium lasers. By contrast, a CERPPC has the range of the ERPPC, the punch of the Heavy PPC while weighing less than a regular PPC.
The point of the balance isn't that you should want a heavy PPC over a CERPPC, but that the IS can't get CERPPC's and therefore have to resort to using the other kinds.

Mind you, the games tend to throw this to the wind, and throw in clan tech and mechs even when it makes no sense. Case in point, the Bloodasp in MC2, and all those Capellan Thanato's (thanati?). So don't consider the games mix of tech as anything near canonical.

Bugged hitboxes, right?

Again this is all fluff, and like even you said not all that representative in games. For one you shouldn't be able to hook up most of the clan tech on IS mechs and vice versa.

What I'm (again) saying is that you often had legitimate reasons to prefer IS weaponry over Clan in most MW games; better ammo/ton, shorter recycle and less heat. Yeah, also less damage/ton and shorter range but you get the idea. I suppose it would even out somewhat if you actually had to pay for ammo, but that's a different topic.

And some of them are pretty good in a niche: XLAS, longtom, MRMs, Rotary ACs, Thunderbolts. But I'm still talking about using LAS or ERLAS over CERLAS, or PPC over CERPPC.

With the doublelinked capacitors variant and on a assault mech? Talk about vietnam flashbacks.

>still rocking a jagermech with some autocannons and a few lasers, i'm fuckin cockpitting atlases with four rounds and loving life

that's the worst part of MWO: it actually was pretty fuckin good for awhile until the call of abraham took them

It's a shit game that merely magnifies the inherent problems present in all MW games.

All fights will always get reduced to either a circlejerk, slugging it out with an opponent until you or him simply die, or hiding behind cover and taking potshots, maybe mixing it up with a few jetpacks.

It's fucking boring, might as well go play World of Tanks then, at least there the paid tanks have some pretense of balance to them.

It took the franchise four fucking games to figure out a way to make chassis differ one from the other beyond the number of shit they could lug around, it took them MWO to figure out a way to not make shooting the legs the most efficient way to take down a mech, let alone give light mechs something to do.

There is still no interesting mechanics concerning sensors and electronic warfare, when both Heavy Gear and Armored Core have had that shit for ages.

MechWarrior is a shit franchise that has consistently failed to evolve and improve. The only reason it got popular is because there wasn't much else to choose from on the PC in terms of mech sims and because of Battletech autists.

But he's right about all of that shit. Mechwarrior has a lot of serious mechanical issues.

There is but it doesn't come into play as much as it should. MP4 was going to introduce a lot of frankly amazing shit into MW4 but it got canned cause of PGI.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Half of those things aren't even in the canon fluff, the rest have stats made up and nothing to do with the board games tech.
XLAS has half the tn bonus regular pulse lasers have and only a little more range than a regular laser. CPLS hit better, hit harder and have more range for the same size in the board game. They are also massproduced weapons, unlike X.Pulse lasers, which are experimental stuff barely out of the prototype phase before it got ditched for more easily accessible and affordable weapons.
Longtom's are much less powerful in the boardgame and have none of that arc aiming crap, and are in general best left off board as artillery. And clans do have artillery, even if they don't always use them.
MRM's are just plain shit. Lots of tubes, but tn penalties insure they rarely hit and penalties on the number of missiles in a salvo that hit, when you do hit, mean they less damage than LRM's most of the time. Mind you, clan LRM's weigh so much less there's no point in using MRM's over them, have to penalties to hit OR the number of missiles that hit AND they don't have that annoying minimum range issue that makes IS LRM's useless at short range.
Thunderbolts are shit that will always be stopped cold by any kind of missile defence, while offering only one advantage over regular missiles, they hit in one location instead spread out like other missles. Mind you, all lasers and guns do this, so all it means is that your big missile just works like a gun instead of a sandblaster, only less effecient on heat and weight than the regular guns…
RAC's are distinctly different between the useless RAC 2, which hits like an SRM launcher with long range accuracy. Except it jams and weighs around 5 times as much, not counting ammo. The RAC 5 is more like an LRM, in that it hits in 5 point clusters, but still tends to jam and weighs more than the equivalent LRM tubes would.
Its mostly gimmicky shit that offers only slightly better stats than regular IS equipment, because clan mechs aren't ballanced on being more inflexible and lacking specialised weapons, they a ballanced on a Daishi costing nearly twice as many points to field as an atlas does.
To be blunt, IS is cheap and plentiful, allowing you to field more units. Clan have better pilots in better machines armed with better weapons, but you will be outnumbered 2-3 to 1 on the board.
The idea that IS gimmicks are supposed to let you match the output of clan tech is strictly a MW4 thing with no basis in lore.

It feels like, since the early 2000s, everyone that has gotten their hands on a Battletech license has done their absolutely damnedest to make something that strays as hard as it can from the core source material.

I made sure how everything I mentioned is canon, besides most of the really weird shit is MW4 regular campaign or "closer to codex" mods. Siege laser or said PPC variants for example.

Never played it so I'll take your word for it. In the games however XLAS have a great heat/damage ratio with a cycle period just comfy enough. PLAS are literal sandblasters, and you objectively can't maneuver AND utilize their RoF. That's my impression in both MW, MC and MWO. with no XLAS in MWO, obviously

Don't know about the board game but you can hobble an assault with one half decent shot. Decapitating a medium or heavy with that fucking arc is something else.

Low lock-on, high damage/warhead and reasonable in your average short range fight. Also less likely to get shat on by AMS or cover, and have a direct line of fire as opposed to arced one LRMs use.

A TB covered by an SRM swarm is a thing of beauty.

Again, I'm talking about the games.

Not my favorite weapon type either, but I had surprising success against missiles and lightly armored points with it. And unlike UAC I actually hit the same point with (just about) every shot.

You both lose because you forget about shit that you won't see in a MW game.
Melee weapons and C3

Worse actually. He's talking lore with some tabletop and I'm mostly MW(4) meta. We could go back to totally not Holla Forums shit if you'd like :^)

Muh Jade Falcon

Raven has a special place in my heart. Next to dual ppcs on an adder

Hunchback II is good fun.

Jagger, Maurader, or Madcat.

This is a big toss up for me. It's between King Krab, Kodiak, or Marauder II.

The Assault games were fun though

Except Catalyst Games, who have basically done nothing but continue publishing the core rule books and record sheets and some basic mech minis, leaving the hardcore miniatures production to Iron Wind Metals.

I only wish for a symetrical variant of it.

You do realize Salamanders aren't black as in "of african descent…a negroid".
They are PURE BLACK as a mutation.

Its like the computer wanted to drive. I never forgot that in Mech Warrior 2, even after all these years.

They might have been fun games but they were shit Mech Warrior games.

It's like comparing Ace Combat to an aircraft simulator.

MRMs are fucking terrifying when guided by a skilled TAG operator or a NARC.

(cont.)
Hardly a thing more terrifying than the Shiva G paired up with a skilled Hephaestus pilot, for example.

C3 is in MWLL btw

Anyone knows that mech game that you play like mechcommander, that looks really old and you can inject drugs to your qt pilots and kill them if you over do it?
Its not from the mechwarrior IP

No, but that sounds really cool.

Would it happen to be MissionForce Cyberstorm

HOLY SHIT you beautiful based motherfucker. I have had this game in the back of my head for years and never remembered the name. I fucking loved this game, played the ever living shit out of it.

Thank you. I only wish there were more games like it, I did find Front Mission AFTER the fact, but dat hex grid. Anything else in this vein?

Maybe power dolls?
JUST=
abandonia.com/en/games/669/Power Dolls.html

Well, it does have a sequel, Missionforce Cyberstorm 2, though I've never played it. Other than that, there are the old battletech games, Crescent Hawk's Inception and Revenge, though I think those are square grid, not superior hex. Titans of steel is maybe also similar, but I don't think it has a singleplayer campaign?

Fun fact: MissionForce CyberStorm is part of the earthsiege universe, and thus the starsiege universe, and thus, the Tribes universe.

Yeah holy shit I just found out there was that sequel and other games along the line and that it was part of Earthsiege / Tribes. What a nostalgia bomb. Will definitely check out Powerdolls.

Ever play any MechCommander?

Yep, pretty good shit.

Bump

bushwacker is a charming design. i prefer it with the + sign missile pod, because it looks like a clover on a leprechauns hat

I have MW Gold (I think) up on volafile.io/r/HF33Go right now

Fuck me, I meant Mech Commander

Is there an infograph pic about mech games?

Avoid anything jap.

Why?

Look at this ledditer and laugh

Get chrome hounds on 360 for a great mech sp

Japanese don't make "Mech" games, they make "Robotic Ultraman" games.

You never played Chrome Hounds.

Go and be wrong somewhere else.

is this the power of PC gaming?

better than any western mech game tbqh

That's a cool and wrong opinion.

Depends on the Clan and the caste. Almost all warriors in any given Clan is going to be Trueborn - born from the eugenics breeding program (not necessarily grown in an iron-womb, but usually). Freeborn/Freebirth means you're not part of the eugenics program - can still be born from an iron-womb and be Freeborn. Freeborn can also be in any of the castes (depends on Clan), but are not usually warriors.

If you want to insult a Freeborn or Trueborn Clanner, you can call them Trashborn; which directly implies their genetics are like garbage. It's how Clanners insult each other.

I don't really understand why that one guy is so upset about the inner sphere being a bunch of mongrelized races - that's literally what they are. None of the Inner Sphere factions have strict genotypes. It's more like modern day America where 60-70% are one race, and everyone else is a mongrel of the other races. I mean for gods' sake the game takes place amongst a bunch of riffraff mercs in the outer rim, it's a breeding ground for scum and exactly where I'd expect to find washouts and drifters from all the other factions.

Actually, now that I think about it, even the Clans don't really have strict genotypes. The SLDF was full of different races to start with and plenty of different races earned bloodnames. Really, the big difference is that Clanners put emphasis on successful genes and cull the unsuccessful ones quick.

I never really put much thought into the racial mixture of Clanners, but I'd hazard a guess that they'd either have very pure genetic lines which are obviously based on the original Bloodname holder, or everyone would sorta blanda-upp from the massive amount of genefixing and modifying the clans do. Honestly probably a bit of both. I don't think I've seen or read any Battletech lore that ever went into detail on it.

Missionforce cyberstorm

Tell that to people who played Steel Battalion

Muh nigga!

Holy shit that webm is embarrassing.

Actually, no, sex isn't outlawed. It simply isn't generally used for reproduction.