Falcom Thread

NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games and spoiler the spoilers!

-Trails of Cold Steel 3 is on track for a Japan release in Fall 2017, confirmed PS4 exclusive.
-Trails in the Sky the 3rd translation is complete with editing underway. Spring 2017 Western release still hopeful.
-The PS4 version of Ys VIII also planned for release by May 25, 2017 with Falcom President Toshihiro Kondo hoping for a Western release within the same year.
-Ys Origin coming to NA February 21, 2017 for PS4 and Vita
-Tokyo Xanadu coming to the west in 2017 from Aksys Games. This version is the Vita/PC version, not the ex+ version for PS4
- XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/87YWS
archive.is/TNYZ9
archive.is/oXvYg
steamcommunity.com/id/joyoland/myworkshopfiles/?section=greenlight
twitter.com/RPGSite/status/817006668965756929
esterior.net/2017/01/joyoland-running-their-pc-ports-on-steam-greenlight/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/834999048
steamspy.com/app/251290
steamspy.com/dev/XSEED Games
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59317229
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59317411
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37869148
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58281141
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just read the Trails guide and can't believe the series is nearing completion.

Are there any infographs about comics or cartoon about Trials and Ys?

I'd wager it has at least four more games to go. One more Cold Steel game, and given how much Cold Steel boosted the brand, probably three Calvard games as well. It'll still take at least 8-10 years probably just in Japan to finish. And that's assuming Calvard is where everything is going to end.

In regards to Tokyo Xanadu, how's Aksys's history with localization? Good, bad, in between?

(checked)
Inbetween, they're a mixed bag

They can either do really fucking good like what they did for Muramasa Rebirth or slightly better than NISA

So are the members of the Septian Church forbidden from romantic attachments? I don't recall any lore about this to my memory. Then again, I only know bits and pieces of 3rd, where it's more likely to come up.

Good to know I can remain somewhat optimistic about its localization. Now I just need confirmation they're gonna do the eX+ version instead.
With apologies to all Vita owners here.

I only know them from Record of Agarest War. There weren't any memes, though there were times where I was pretty sure what I was reading wasn't what was being said. Not sure though, as I don't know Jap.

I know Kevin tried to fuck Estelle before knowing about Joshua.

Considering Graham is constantly trying woo Estelle, I doubt theyre forbidden. Then again hes probably just playful like Olivert.

Good question.

In a lot of religions priests are allowed to marry and have a family. The Greek/Russian orthodox church is a Christian example. Shinto is a Japanese example.

Catholics are weird. Would you take life advice from a 50 year old perma virgin?

And let's face it Rosine is too cute to waste away her life in celibacy.

Rosine could also kick your ass in more ways than you could count. It's amusing.

Maybe she'll be a party member. We've yet to see her skill, but remember she is only a squire. Kevin was the Fifth fucking Dominion.

Party member, boss, really the Gralsritter could end up going either way.

Wow, that's just shocking. I guess I just figured it'd be a long runner. There's still places to go, conflicts to unravel. We've only met half of Ouroboros!

That was just a cover bro.

He never hid that he was a Priest, though.

So was Ries, but she was still a capable party member.

Thisi is actually a good point. I feel like that if priests/sisters weren't allowed to have relationships, Estelle would have called him out on this when he kept flirting with her.

So I thought Ring of Judgement was a pretty cool side story. It takes place between Sky and Zero. If you haven't read it before you can check it out here:

imgur.com/a/87YWS

So what's the under over on the blue haired kid being Claire's brother?

Is 4th pic seriously Estelle forgiving Joshua's sins?

Joshua was being driven mad by the artifact, which feeds on guilt. She was pulling him out of its spell.

archive.is/TNYZ9

What a world.

Did people miss the part where he beats the shit out of her?

Or that Tifa is his actual love interest and Aerith was Zack's?

Tifa's not even his love interest until the very end of the game. She's terrified of him.

Tifa's got something going on with Johnny the entire game until Cloud's mind gets unfucked. Every time you bump into him, she asks Cloud to leave them alone.

Those other games though…

kek

It's because she's Zemurian Jesus and has supernatural hope powers. Because Lena was secretly Adios.

Aidos is a job, not a person.

Trails just sticks out like such a sore thumb on that list? This man fascinates me with his inconsistent taste.

Combine your misspellings and reach Aidios.

I'd probably just kill myself right then and there.

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT SHIT!

We have an important Trails fanboy dev working in one of the most important EA IPs. They are aware. And Falcom wants to expand their audience, specially in the West.

There's a real chance!

Can you say that again in English? Someone who works at Falcom is also working on FIFA?

If he was really a fanboy he would have said Trails of Cold Steel II, since TitS SC didn't even come out this year.

If all they did is promote them, that'd be fine. What I'd be worried about is them forcing deadlines or making cuts for "western sensibilities".

What do you guys think about Adol's new design? I think it's pretty good, although Dogi feels a bit off.

His design from Ys VIII? I don't hate it. In fact, I like it a lot. It's a lot 'busier' than his other designs, though. But it fits with everything else.

I also have a personal preference for characters that fight and kick ass in normal clothes, for some reason. It makes them seem lighter and quicker than wearing bits of armor

I don't think a single Falcom game has come out this year, user.

You know what I mean, that was from a 2016 retrospective article. SC localization came out in 2015.

It's probably my favorite design of him overall. Definitely an upgrade from his more generic look from Celceta. I'm also a sucker for long bits of cloth that hang from characters.
& how dare you belittle handsome Dogi.

I went to look up videos to see if it trailed behind him, but all it did was made me ache for the game more. I didn't even see if it did.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+, Ys VIII, Gurumin 3D.

It'll be worth the wait.

Of course no Falcom game came out this year, user, it's only the second day of 2017. :^) Seriously though, if you wanna count it CS2 came out in 2016 for the western audience.

Renne was already raped once user have some goddamn mercy.

user, I….

I gotta wait what might be a year or more for it.

Ys VIII? Toshihiro Kondo wants you to have it this year, user. He won't let you down.

By the way, anyone here know the story of Akatsuki no Kiseki? I've kept myself unspoiled for Crossbell because those have a chance, but I know for certain that's not coming over.

And again with the fucking spoilers. Good job.

I hope so. It's releasing in May, so there's still until December, which is almost a year away

At least there'll be some good releases to keep me sated. But goddamn.

I watched a little of that to see how well I might be able to actually play a kiseki game in moonrunes.

…fuck it, I'm importing Sen III. I'm close enough. I managed Ys VIII well enough, and this seems alright too.

It's in SC, user. We've known that for quite a long time. It's hardly what anyone in this thread would call a spoiler.

That's gonna be A LOT more reading than YS VIII, though.

That depends on how long post release you consider a spoiler a spoiler. With material like this, there's also the matter of WHICH release you start timing from.

Why don't they go back to the original nomenclature for these at the end when they do this. Also I'm still playing it and it doesn't seem like I'll be done soon. I'm like 34 hours in.

Ancient Book of Ys VIII: The Lacrimossa of Dana

Ys VIII is pretty story heavy. Also, I'll be playing Sen III over a year later.

Not with those digits!

Why is this image a thing? I can't relate any of these characters to those in ED7.

It's a joke about how Ys VIII is basically Ys no Kiseki. It's very story-heavy compared to previous games, has a much larger cast than before (mostly thanks to The Drifting Village portion of the game), etc.

Ha ha good point. Xseed already takes years to translate 2 million words think what it will take them to do 80million. They plain up won't translate the game unless they hire a staff as large as BAMCO USA.

I heard you can choose dialogue options too. Not sure how much weight it has though.

Dana looks pretty good with those clothes/that body.

TiTS third chapter on steam, when?

Eight months.

I'm scared.

By the end of May if not sooner.

You have an affection meter per character that you can't check (like Growlanser). Depending on choices you affection goes up or stays the same with them, never down. You can jump 1 teir in the affection meter if you give them a gift that is craftable or found in chests.

Depending on your level at given times you will get quests, if you do the quests you get a status up item. If you complete all their quests you get a permanent status up for the party. You can pick multiple people and I maxed out the cook and the blacksmith. The blacksmith allowed me to make the highest armor, the cook allowed me to make the highest food item and both gave me HP and Def + for my whole party that was permanent.

Dialog options are for both field and floating village characters. You can get them by talking to them or during scenes in the field.

Armor milf best NPC.

That's good. Waifu/Befriend people for awesome stuff.

I always liked how the blacksmith milf looked. the cook is a cutie too.

Flat is justice Tita will save you.

Has it really? Cold Steel 1 takes place one year after SC, so…

It's been three and half years, I guess.

There's more extra shit to do. For one it's this waifu system. There's also raids which are musou like scenarios which you fight lots of underleveled enemies. There's also Kong, a giant blue monkey you solo battle for special moves. There's quests that are 100% like SnK. Lastly, there's a dungeon much like The Infinite Dungeon in Star Ocean or The Abyss in Dragon's Dogma. It's a special dungeon which you can go down floor after floor to fight overpowered enemies to get extra exp, cash, and loot.

FC and SC are 1202. 3rd is 1203. Cold Steel starts in 1204 and CS 2 ends in 1205. CS 3 starts 1.5 years later, around Sept. in 1206. 4 years.

I seem to recall that the textbooks you can read in Cold Steel say the Liberl Arc incident happened the previous year…

Kondo please. Let it come out this year.

Yeah pretty sure SC ends at the beginning of 1203.

But it is already out. Get hack your VITA and dl it 4 free.

On PS4
With the extra content that won't be available on Vita.

Well, here's this. Sky isn't quite as clear on the date as Cold Steel.

archive.is/oXvYg

Aw man that needs to be updated, but it's still nice.

So you're not going to play it at all right now just so you can play a little bit more on th bloodborne console?

>implying that would stop Tita

Where do I get started with Ys? I have the five games on Steam and I tried playing the remake of the original but the "bump" system just turned me off and seemed like pure stupid. Can I skip 1 and 2 and go to something that actually has gameplay worth a damn? Pic unrelated.

If there's a better version of the game on the way with more features than a previously released version and I don't own said previous version, I'd be more inclined to buy the version with more content.

But the story, user!

Yeah that's what I'm wondering about. How much of the fun of the series is tied to the overarching lore? Apparently there is a remake of the third game that has to be played after the fourth game which takes place hundreds of years before the first game which has to be played first?
Then I figured I might pick up Trails in the Sky but apparently that is the first chapter in part 6 of a separate series.
Fucking hell man, I just want some comfy, I don't want to need a fucking flowchart to pick a fucking game to play.
Pic is still unrelated.

She can't be stopped.

You don't need a flowchart. Trails in the Sky is like a soft reboot or spin-offf of The Legend of Heroes. It starts its own thing.

Is it wrong if i want to deflower and impregnate Tita?

Altina has a really cool theme. It's a shame that it never plays long enough anywhere in the game that you got to hear most of it.

STFU, DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT MEME MAGIC CAN PRODUCE?!

It's okay, he only got singles.

I've been thinking about the different sword styles in Trails, and here's my understanding. Feel free to fill in.

Focus on speed and multiple, precise strikes. In Rean's case, incorporates fire, I can't remember if Anelace did do as well and I don't know about the guy in Crossbell. Has an unarmed form.

Strength-based school. Eventually a master will have built up enough strength to wield Two-handed swords with one hand, handling them like any other swordsman would a regular sized sword. Atleast, judging Laura and her father as two sides of the spectrum. A mix of speed and strength.

I actually don't know, I didn't use Mueller in SC, so I don't know what it looks like. Used by the military.

Primarily used by nobility, and not only fought with rapiers. Weakest slashes of the schools. It would seem to be a basic style, with noble families each creating their own variation, as the Jusis and Rufus' stance and attacks don't resemble the Noble students, nor do they resemble Elise, who uses the "Schwarzer style" of swordsmanship. Aside from rapid thrust, focuses on single slashes.

And that's about all I have.

Yes.

In CS1 Patrick uses the same animations and motions as Jusis, if I recall correctly.

They have a different stance, and use a thrust as a regular attack, if I remember correctly. Court Fencing users are also good Arts users, likely to supplement their weak slashes. Kloe exemplifies this too, if she's a court fencer.

Well if they're releasing the better version of a game with more content and better performance, I'll want that version.

I really want to know if they're going to have more music too.

Arios from Crossbell is known as the Divine Blade of Wind, for example, and it's said he mastered the "Gale form". So it seems that Eight Leaves practitioners become a master of one form of it. I kinda want to see what a master of the unarmed form could do.

So far, we've only seen the unarmed form with Valimar, right? I'd love to have a segment in CS III where Rean uses it himself. So far all we've seen of it is a focus on single, precise yet powerful strikes on a weak point. I wonder which form Cassius is a master ofinb4 all of them.

There are 8 forms of the Eight Leaves, One Blade. The ones we know of are:

I'm pretty sure it's all of them.

I mean, this is Cassius Bright we're talking about. Chances are he's a master at all of them by default of him being Cassius "Fuckmothering" Bright.

If he had to be one, it would likely be void, as his staff style is the "The Spiral that Reduces to Naught."

It mostly was just repetitive as all you'd do was trying to circle around enemies. It also limited the number of enemies you could reasonable fight at any given time and slowed down the pacing.

Rean's is void, isn't it?

Rean isn't a Divine Blade, and Void is the form in the scroll Ka-Fai left him in Ymir.

t h i s

Anyone have anything to offer on the Vander school?

Only practitioners we know are Zechs, Mueller and LeGuin. Seems to be one handed. The guys who use it seem to be tough. I can't recall many of Mueller's crafts when he was playable in Sky…

It's possible Neithardt might use it as well. At least, he uses a one-handed sword style and is imperial army trained. I can't remember if this is said anywhere.

It's never explicitly stated, but it is certainly possible. I remember someone saying Vander school was used by "defenders of the crown".

Oh yeah, Alan Richard is also an 8 Leaves 1 Blade user. For a sword style that was made no more than a lifetime before the series, it's incredibly well-known and has quite a few disciples. If Vandyck can still slice tanks at 70, I wonder if Ka-Fai can still kick ass.

I think that's a given.

Richard does use 8 Leaves, but he was taught by Cassius, whereas Rean, Anelace, Arios and Cassius himself were taught directly by Ka-Fai,

He's a goddamn Anguis, of course he can. BTW, Pendulum 4 lyfe

That's a fun theory. I haven't heard that one before, though I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out to be true.

>tfw you realize Ka-Fai was training Rean for his future in Ouroboros, but stopped because Rean was too afraid of his Ogre power
>tfw Anelace is an Enforcer

Now that I think about it, it's very unlikely Ka-Fai's an Anguis. We've already met the top three combatants of Ourobouros, Loewe, Arianrhod, and McBurn. Ka-Fai would've been mentioned if he were there.

Counterpoint, he's old as fuck and may have refused their medical tech.

Counterpoint, he's an old drunk with a cute granddaughter. Anything that lets him see her grow and drink more while still being a hermit isn't something he'd turn down.

I don't see what the problem with this is, we'll have a serious company handling localization in a professional and speedy way meaning that we want top have to wait years for xseed to get off their asses and give us our gaems.
Let's meme it you guys.

steamcommunity.com/id/joyoland/myworkshopfiles/?section=greenlight

fucking

Is this good or bad? Is it time for a miracle or more teasing?

Kiseki doesn't mean miracle on Japanese.

Then how do you pronounce 奇跡? Hint: It's kiseki

If a dev tried a bump system in a modern game they would be laughed off the internet for dumbing down gameplay to sub-casual levels.

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/817006668965756929

I told you anons we just needed to wait

It just means that we'll be able to get the Chinese versions digitally rather than importing it, though.

It's a step forward in any case.

And there was much rejoicing!

I imagine the mockery would be similar to Final Fantasy XV's.

So what? Do the Chink versions have English Scripts? Ir is it just the fact that their PC existence is now a thing to acknowledge? What does this actually mean?

Sage for doublepost, I shouldn't post in the morning,

No, those dont have the english scripts. Theyre just the chinese versions of the games that were already on PC being brought onto steam bdcause the publisher of the chinese versions has the rights to them

So the Chink company has the rights to the PC ports. What are the odds of them letting Gaijin use them for reasonable prices?

Have you tried looking up your ass, user?

No, figure I wouldn't like what I see enough to expend the effort. Why?

It might be up your ass, just a hunch.

Low, most likely since theyve been out for a long time already. This is just coming from a baka though

So this basically means nothing for a Western release. Damn.

Did Tita have her period yet? I guess she's older in TitS 3rd.

Well, the fact that there's an easy to download PC version for both could make it easier to get the fan translation…when it finally comes out. If it ever does.

Shes 13 in 3rd

So she'd be….15 in CS3? Fie's CS! age, I guess. There's a weird thought.

No, you idiots. This is the Chinese ports on Chinese. Also Celceta is already available for PC running at 60 FPS.

16/17 actually, depending on what month her b-day is. Her and Renne are nearly all grown up now.

It would be impossible for her to be 17. The oldest she could be in CS3's timeline would be 16. If she's 13 in 3rd and we assume she turns 14 in the 6 months (the earliest she could age) between 3rd and the start of CS1/Zero, that would mean that at the end of CS2 she'd be 15. CS3 takes place one and half years after that, so the absolute oldest she could be is 16, AKA the age Joshua and Estelle were in Sky 1. I think Renne is one year younger than Tita. Tita was 12 in SC and Renne was 11. So The oldest Renne could be is 15…I think.

I wonder if Joshua and Estelle show up in CS3 if they'll have Renne with them…

Well, if Kondo's confirmation of Sky characters being in Cold Steel 3 is any indication then I'd assume they'd put Estelle and Joshua in it to some capacity. I hope they do anyway.

You know he just needs to throw Olivert, Mueller, and Zechs to fill the "Sky" characters quota. Think he's that tricky?

I wouldn't think he'd be that tricky, but that's just blind hope. It's a given they'd be in the third chapter of the Erebonia arc so I wouldn't think he'd explicitly say Sky characters would appear if that's the case.

I'm finally playing through Cold Steel I, and this track's really stood out in the best way possible. Cool news about Joyoland today as well, but I'm still annoyed at the missing visual effects in Celceta PC. Who knows if Ao on PC can be hacked for translation easily; I've heard it's buggy.

Not necessarily. Ys II Eternal/Complete/Chronicles is better at throwing large groups of enemies at you which can be controlled thanks to increased attack recoil. The palace area at Solomon Shrine's my example of tight spaces with a bunch of powerful foes you have to juggle; parts of Darm Tower get a little crazy as well.

This is my favorite CS1 track that's kind of "underappreciated" I guess. It's a shame it's basically never used in CS2.

Hope you enjoy it user. This is one of my favourite tracks.

esterior.net/2017/01/joyoland-running-their-pc-ports-on-steam-greenlight/

So…if they sell well on Steam…

???

We're reaching so desperately, hoping so earnestly, being met with impossible to overcome odds. Such despair~

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/834999048

This whole thing is going nuts

Who expects Falcom games to sell well? They are inherently niche.

steamspy.com/app/251290

They don't need to sell millions to earn profits, dude.

Hes right though, Falcom isn't very well known outside Japan

I like to think they're getting more well known. A lot of people have played CS1 and 2, and were introduced to Ys. They'll probably pick up Ys Origins on Vita and PS4 (and if they like it, 8 when it comes out later this year)

I posted in the last thread how I picked up Trails in the Sky again last week. Blew through it quickly, I think it takes balls to make such a slow-buiding game only to have it end on a massive cliffhanger.

Been playing Second Chapter up to Chapter 3 now, and I just feel like a kid again. I'm even starting to warm up to the "dull" combat, some of the optional monster bosses take a suprising amount of tactics and luck, not purely a sufficient level grind. Also the character-based story here is, if not unique, it feels so fresh. In so many games where you have to talk to certain NPCs before you can proceed, it feels like a chore. Here it feels like I can't wait to learn more about them.

One question: does the game change much based on if you pick Schera or Agate at the start? I picked Agate and ran into Schera and Anelace at one point, so I'm guessing you'd run into an Agate lead team at one point in the same way, so no real need to replay just for that?

Its nice to hear youre enjoying the games user. To answer your question, no. It doesnt change the story too much outside of some altered scenes. Its pretty much just do you want a heavy hitter or someone good with arts. I say if youre going to revisit the game in the future just to relive the game again then choose Schera to see what changes

It's over.
No wonder Falcom is pandering to dog eaters instead of us.

Good thing SC's a big reason why FC still sells a lot. Only Ys Origin's past FC now, because of Humble Bundle sales I might add.

Heimdallr time for me.

Not much changes beyond dialogue. There is one side quest that needs to be done differently, but other than that I think it's flavor. I chose Agate for balance since I thought Estelle was good enough at arts. It wasn't until the mid-to-late that I realized Estelle works well as a heavy hitter. Agate's still great, nearly op with Wild Rage spam possibilities.

Just finished Xanadu Next. Holy shit that secret dungeon was amazing.
Which should I tackle next, Oath in Felghana, Gurumin or Trails in the Sky?

Since you played what could be considered an action RPG, why not do a turn based now?

Excellent! Xananext is a jolly fun time, even way before Castle Strangerock. Try playing Brandish: The Dark Revenant if you want/need more Gothic adventure by Falcom.

As for the other options, I'll echo Trails in the Sky FC. Only caveat is that it's a well-paced but slow, "slice-of-life"-like adventure compared to the other two options. Trails of Cold Steel spoils a few things about Trails FC/SC but can be easier to get into because of its rigid structure.

We'll all have to try Legend of Xanadu I/II on PCE CD once the fan patches release, though.

Pasokon?

Wind of Legend Xanadu games are pretty bad. They consist of back and forth fetch questing and it's a mashup of previous falcom games. In the over world you fight Xanadu in the fact you run up to enemies and press against them to exchange blows. It looks like ED1/2 though. When you fight bosses it switches to YS3 battle system and the enemies are a bitch. It literally makes no sense and they never get any fun for the 6 hours you play them. The pixelart and promotional artwork really is incredible though, reminds me of Langrisser.

PCE is the turbo graphics 16. The emulator works flawlessly on PC though and is easy to set up.

I hope Cold Steel 3 brings back the original Ouroboros theme. I was kind of bummed Steel 1 and 2 dropped it after Sky and Ao used it.

I thought it was in SnK? Hmm I remember it being there for some weird reason in SnKII.

Do you like to eat shit?

I just grabbed all the versions of that song I could find. The song you are thinking of from Sen 2 is the Law of the Battlefield, which, like The Enforcers, is a villain hype track that uses guitar heavily, but it isn't the same theme and is used interchangeably with all the aces of the Noble Alliance, not just Ouroboros.

Fine, it may not be Crow, but it most certainly ISN'T Rean.

Didn't someone in the last thread like do a line comparison to show that the hair and everything matched up to Ren and it was just a reflection?

Does anyone have that picture of Rean running around Crossbell from the shareholders meeting? I'm even seeing his fucking headband now. I swear it's not him.

Besides, now we know it ISN'T a reflection because Rean's right arm is in FRONT of his body.

His coat also looks different from behind.

Okay, but the hair matches up almost way too perfectly.

Yeah, the comparison was made before more CS3 screenshots were revealed, so the guy in the back is most likely different. Even if the hair is just Rean's copied over. People were also theorizing that it's ogre Rean, but it doesn't change the coat.

Coincidence? Lazy artist? It can't be a reflection since it would face the other direction.

AH-HA. I KNEW that wasn't the back of that white coat! Thank you user.

So what do you think Tonfa-girl and Twin Blades-boy's stories are? Do you think they're just students here to get things explained to them that Rean should already know? Are they plants? New gen artificial humans that don't have to be lolis? Revealing some new dark part of the world, particularly Calvard?

They're Aidios.

Someone threw out the idea that this guy might be related to Claire in some way since they have the same shade of hair. In any case, I expect all of the students to be prospective Ironbloods, though how loyal they are to Osborne vs Rean isn't something we could know right now.

NPCs have a weird life.

Man, these games reuse names in the weirdest way. I sometimes forget that the first Lloyd was a fisherman.

How's Gurumin? I realized I never played that before.

TRAILS IS SAVED steamspy.com/dev/XSEED Games

How do you figure? And what do you mean by "saved"?

I too find myself wondering what kind of games Gurumin and Brandish are. Fuck, may as well toss Xanadu in there as well.

Good god, Trails in the Sky SC is such a cocktease.

I thought for sure when getting to face the enforcers in the four towers I'd be able to kill them but noooo, they still stay alive! Jesus Christ, what kind of crazy end game is this going to be?

On that note I had serious trouble with Phantom Thief B but Walter was a fucking walk iin the park, beat him on a few minutes. The difficulty curve in this game is more elastic than Stretch Armstrong. Some boss or guild monster can be easy as shit but then some random mob enemy can wipe you out in thirty seconds.

Anyway, still love this game and starting to appreciate preparation. The big minus is that for some fights the only option seems to be to die once and see if they inflict some certain status effects. On one hand, in every big fight unlike many other games, even if you're down to one guy and shit out of luck, there's a chance to make it through. My fight with the dragon was like that, I was sure I had no chance of winning but with the right tactics I got it on the first try.

Seriously, one of the best JRPG I've ever played in all senses. Is the Cold Steel series as good or better as this?

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TELLING ME THERE'S A THIRD GAME AND THIS ISN'T THE END!?!?!?!!? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The most popular theory is that Rean is now the teacher of Class 7.

The Trails series starts with Sky First Chapter, then goes into Second Chapter. SC wraps up some things for FC and SC then Trails in the Sky 3rd opens the way for the rest of the series.

The rest of the series are Zero no Kiseki, Ao no Kiseki (aka the Crossbell games) as well as the Cold Steel series. Both series take place parallel to each other, with Cold Steel being a bit more "beginner" friendly. I've heard that Zero and Ao no Kiseki spoils several things from the Cold Steel games.

I would say Cold Steel series is as good as the Sky series, but it has its drawbacks. If you don't like a school setting, then the first CS game may not be your cup of tea. It's also more linear, as in you can't go back to previous areas that you visited in previous chapters. CS2 moves on from the school setting for the greater majority of the game, and it opens up a bit after a certain point, but IMO suffers from a bit of a pacing problem in Act 2. It is way better than CS1, though.

"Bonding" (ie getting a waifu or best bro) is also prevalent across all four of those games.

Son, the ride has only begun.

But wasn't Class VII made to test ARCUS and be Olivert's pawns against Osbourne?

The new kids are wearing Thors' symbols on their clothes, though blue instead of red.

Osbourne won and now Class 7 is the Jr. Ironbloods.

I could see that being the case since Rean is probably considered an Ironblood by CS3. Why else would he be hanging around with Altina? The new class 7 is an Osbourne-established class.

He's an Ironblood in the end of CS2. He takes direct orders of Lechter.

Is Claire an Ironblood, or does she just serve Osbourne as a member of the RMP?

Yeah, that's true. But I didn't consider that he was "officially" recognized as one. He does have a nickname already though.

Claire's a full fledged one.

The big question is if she'll die off screen in the timeskip or if they'll get a new VA.

I seriously doubt it. They've had these stories written for years. At most she'll be made a silent character in honor of her, but I honestly don't even expect that.

I really think they'll get a new VA.

There'll be hell to pay if I can't waifu her!

>Implying Toval would ever want anyone but Ein.

>thinking she'll let Toval hit that when she's wet for Rean by the end of CS2

That's amazing.

I actually really want to waifu Sara, Laura, Emma and Fie as well. Loved all of their scenes in CS2

I can't moonrune and my browser don't want to open it, so, can a more literate tell me what is this, and it it is good?
Seems like a fanmade manga from Ys, but each volume have more than 100 pages, this is kind of big.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59317229

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59317411

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37869148

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58281141

Fie best waifu.

ew

top 2

These are the top five.

I wonder if it can happen.

Although I'll personally place Duvalie and Claire above Emma, even though I really love Emma. Most of the female characters are so good

Claire is very close, but she'd have to work a bit more. As for Duvalie….we can only hope.

The more I see Trails of Cold Steel, the more I feel Falcom is taking the Atlus way, I mean, the overweebefication of a series, like what happened to Persona.
And it was gradual. But look at these ladies, they look great, but when I compare to older designs from the legend of heroes, and the fact it is already in a fucking school…
This is the Modern Persona take in the series…

Ys isn't just walking into enemies and killing them. You have to be careful of both your positioning and you have to make sure the enemies don't gang up on you, which is very easy to let happen in some of the levels. If you attack them without thinking you'll get killed real fast unless you spent a lot of time grinding on weaker enemies and got really over powered. Also the fact that the movement feels so good adds a lot to the bump combat as well.

Dublee has the cutest japanese voice and I love the way she acts. I hope you can waifu her because of the way she pouts, but I doubt it. She works for the boss that you have to lose to in Ao and you can not leave that woman once you pledge alegience to her. Vid related.

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again now to you. Falcom is trying to emulate Persona so hard it puts off fans. They want the Persona autist cash. SnK and Tokyo Xanadu both are basically Persona game mixed with ongoing themes in the company.

Thing is, only CS1 has that school setting and feeling. The epilogue of CS2 has it, but that's only the epilogue.

If CS3 has you acting as a teacher, that'll be different than Persona and CS1.

The school setting only exists for one game out of three, and it was set up in Ao. And people seem to forget a huge chunk of Chapter 2 of Sky 1 is a slice of life school episode where Joshua and Estelle go to a school and do a play.

And as for waifuism, that was unquestionably started in the Crossbell arc. Lloyd is just as much of harem protag as Rean, and hell Ao even has a beach episode. The most Cold Steel did was the swimming thing.

user, there is a huge difference between a chapter of a game, and a whole game.
And that's what I was talking, the series injected waifuism after VI. And kept growing until full school setting in at least two games.
I think Trails is gone into the waifuism and other Falcom games are following.
I don't want to take away the fun of anyone, but I am sad I can expect much more of A and NEVER EVER MORE of B. And it makes me a bit sad.

1. Fie
2. Duvalie
3. Valimar

I disagree but that's fine because besides Millium they're all good.

It'd be more like P2:EP which is the best Persona by far.

Yeah, even Ys 8 has social links.

That's just flat-out inaccurate.

One game. Cold Steel. Cold Steel 2 leaves it behind entirely, only having it in the epilogue, which is one chapter. And as you said, a huge difference between a chapter, and a whole game. Cold Steel 3 probably leaves it further behind or has you acting as an instructor. We'll have to see.

And it's not even pure waifuism. You can choose to spend those special scenes and moments with a guy instead. Or even alone. I'm not sure how it was in Zero/Ao, though.

Only Tokyo Xanadu, which only shares the name Xanadu. Ys 8 (from what I've heard) apparently has an affection system, but it's hidden and you do it more for items or similar than waifuing or getting a bro. And even then it's still keeping within the continuing trend that Adol has women in each game fall for him before he leaves them behind.

When they announce Ys 9 in a school setting, then I'll start having a problem. But as of now, I don't. I kinda get that you fear where their games might be heading, but I don't see it.

Also, seeing as it's all but confirmed you're going to be government agents working for the Rocksmith Agency in the Calvard games I really, really don't see why this is such a big deal.

The only question is: are the newer games, with these new mechanics selling better? The same?

The problem user is that usually there is no return Falcom is not dumb, they need the money too. If the games start to sell much better, you can bet they will follow. The character designs already feel a bit more generic to me. Playing Oath, Brandish and Xanadu Next, and comparing to the recent Trails series, you can see these changes more.
Their games will probably be much better than whatever Atlus/Squanix releases, but how much are they willing to concede?

Very little, as you are massively overreacting. I'm on a replay of the series right now and this degradation you describe basically doesn't exist. No, I don't think character designs are getting worse. I don't think the amount of "anime" has increased from Crossbell. The school setting is already over and even in the game it was in it was mostly window-dressing to hide the typical Trails formula.

Do you like the designs?

How recent? I liked almost all of the CS2 unique designs. Before then it was just a school uniform (which was Kloe's original look too). I thought McBurn looked good, especially when he transformed. The member of Zephyr fit the proper aesthetic, Vita looked nice.

What exactly is it about Sky's designs you think make it look so good and make Steel's look bland? Is this going to be one of those things where you just have to "feel" it?

I think the style has a lot to do with the artist. For example I vastly prefer Enami Katsumi's style (Zero, Ao, Ys 7) over the style of Sky and Steel, which I assume use different artists. Perhaps every subseries, they change the artist. The Evo games use new artists too, I believe. I think 3rd's Evo art looks fantastic.

I keep seeing the waifuism and Persona comparisons. I can't speak for Crossbell, but Cold Steel? It's completely optional. It's extra. It's to unwind and slow down after a chapter, get to know the characters, interact with the world. You don't NEED to do it. In Persona, if you try to play the game without Social Links, not only are you missing a core bit of the game, you're SEVERELY gimping yourself gameplay wise. You can play through Cold Steel without spending a single bond point and only get a minor difficulty increase. Hell, you don't even need combat links! Try that in Persona? You're fucked.

The majority of Persona games (even excluding PQ) don't have social links, or waifuing.

I think a big thing is the school setting; a lot of people say it's Personafied because of that.

However you don't spend most of your time in school. It's actually more like the first Sky game in that you go to new areas in each Chapter and do Bracer quests. Yeah, there are school moments, but they're not a huge focus compared to P3/P4/P5 (because it's not on a day-to-day basis). The school setting is basically just a mask. And it's tossed aside at the end of CS1 when everything goes to pot.

Another thing I see people saying that's similar to Persona 3/4/5 is the calendar. But you go day by day in Persona, and part of those three games are time management. In Cold Steel, the dates are there for those who played Zero and Ao, so you can match up the events, since both subseries take place parallel to each other.

user, let's see if I can put it simple and to the point using arts from both games.
Look at both teams. When I look at Sky, I see a group of characters that is well design to make everyone look different enough. Not only because of colors and clothing but each design seems to be made to fit they fight/act in general.
When I look at Steel, I see GodEater. I mean, I see a group much less developed of characters that could very well been random generated in most online games from Japan.
And the weapons, in Sky they, in almost all the cases, look more proportional, while in Steel you already have the girl using probably the biggest sword of the team, and those staffs…
Now, this is what I want to say, visually speaking, the series is looking more generic, using things we are tired to see in MMOs. The development of waifuism is another side. Look at the ladies from Sky, they are all quite distinct. Even the teacher from Steel could pass as a student, even in her official artwork.
What I want to say is the fact that the series is losing it's edge.

I think it is more about the direction than the artist. Even in a series like this, they have directions to follow. And that's were we might find the problem.

I think you are confusing Megaten games with Persona games.

user, I am not saying a full change, but a tendency. Trails will not become persona because the people working on it is much more competent and with a better idea about what fans want. But, it does not mean they will not change the games to seek for a bigger audience. They are implementing in on Ys, on a small scale, but it is there. That's what we are talking about, it already started, but we don't know where it will stop.

We all know which Persona games I was talking about.

I was about to make the point of how even the school isn't even nearly used in the same way. Thanks for making it for me.

P 1. P2. P2 2. No social inks.

He's not wrong.

P3
P3 FES
P3P
P4
P4 G
P5

P1
P2: IS
P2: EP
P4: Arena
P4: Arena Ultimax
PQ

Depending on how you count re-makes.

Honestly Cold Steel's females are all pretty distinct and complex, except for Alisa, who is the worst character of all time.

P1 and 2 are not Persona games. They are old the fanbase doesn't care. 3 is on up is Persona, 1 and 2 are poor spinoffs of SMT.

P1, P2a, P2b - No waifuing.

P3, P4, P5 - Waifuing.

It's 50/50. And let's not forget that P3 and P4 both have re-releases with significant content changes, in P3's case one where you can play as a girl and the game almost feels entirely different. P5 almost assuredly will too. And if you're going to split hairs and include PQ, then I'm going to say the wedding scenes and hangout events in PQ count as much as social links as Persona Q does a proper Persona game.

Using the school uniform as an example isn't exactly fair. You could have taken their distinct designs from Cold Steel 2, but I imagine that would water-down your point somewhat.

Personally, I think Sky's overall design is the most generic of the series. You could throw Estelle and Joshua into almost any fantasy JRPG and they'd fit. I think the designs get more interesting the more "developed" the countries take place in, which to me means the Crossbell games are the peak design-wise. That said, Cold Steel takes place in country where there's still a lot of the "old world" even if it is more developed. So there's a lot of interesting clashes in the designs I like.

I especially like the differences in military uniforms. The Librl army and Erebonian Provential Army uniforms are all super classic old world European, with bright colors and old fashion, almost Napoleonic elements. Whereas the more cutting edge millitary forces, like the RMP and the Imperial Army have much more streamlined uniforms. Essential, they're taking a page directly out of World War 1. The amazing clash of old and new world clothing and tech. I love shit like that.

Some of it crops up in Severe Blow, but I'm hoping Falcom brings their leitmotif back.

We could always get a PC port of Brandish: The Dark Revenant if XSEED wants to risk that, assuming the sales are good then. Xanadu Next is flailing because they just aren't bothering to market the game as much as necessary, let alone when it released. The game's not as clean-looking as Gurumin, nor as fast as Oath/Origin, and describing what it does well takes longer also. Hopefully XSEED can fix this so future releases like Dinosaur Resurrection sell well and get Kondo-senpai to notice that our tastes are still commercially viable.

For certain I think the company knew they couldn't do something as intense as Ao well in a row, so they decided to dial back starting with Erebonia and play the market safe. Ys VIII shows the developers, old and new, are learning what appeals most to their newer console buyers, but also which elements of the previous Falcom era should remain. I'm mostly worried about whatever the hell Tokyo Xanadu's sequel's gonna be, since they've exhausted the Tachikawa Tokyo setting and most of their demographic probably doesn't give a rats' ass about other Japanese metroplexes.

The most obvious way to bring back pic related would be remaking Brandish 2.

A lot of folks conflate illustration style with character design, too. The character designs in each series get drawn in slightly different ways by Falcom's in-house artists and guys like Enami. Haccan could do a great promo image for a Sen game, but Falcom needs to pony up.

The initial Class VII lineup in Sen I isn't supposed to stand out vs. the motley crews from Sora and Zero/Ao. Good thing Sen II shows the characters dressing how they prefer to. I'm not seeing a major problem with how Falcom's designing characters right now—closest I can think of is how much they focus on outfit details vs. character faces/expressions. There's also something to be said for more spare/minimal design (Ares = stevedore in jeans wearing a belt and pauldrons, but it's a great design anyway).

People have died for lesser heresies.

I imagine this is largely intentional, in CS3 we're going to see them as matured young adults, who will be more fully differentiated and developed. It was a good choice for characterization, but pretty bland visually in CS1.

Jeez, are you me? That my exact ranking though I don't count Duvalie, as the only way I see that happening is if he joins Ouroboros… which he might. He's looking kind of like Loewe and his eyes are dead like The Black Fang's.

All the characters in CS1 attend a military school. So they all wear uniforms. The teacher is also like.. 25 years old. Most of the characters are 15-17. I agree it's bland visually, but they were going for a uniform look. Which they break out of in 2, and probably more so in three. Even CS3's art (that we've seen so far) is a step up from CS1 and CS2

There's also the fact that their weapons are more advanced, technologically, than Sky's. The staves are orbal staves, used to amplify orbal arts. Alisa's bow does not fire real arrows (it can, but mostly she uses it to fire energy bolts). Jusis, Rean, Gaius all have traditional weapons (longsword, tachi/katana, spear, respectively). Laura's greatsword is a sleeker version of Agate's, which is bulkier and had a more "primitive" look to it. And also closer in design to what her father (and ancestors) wielded.

Overall their weapon looks are designed to invoke a more technologically advanced feeling. They're sleeker, and have bits and baubles on them to show that they're technologically enhanced. Like Lloyd Bannings and those fucking tonfas. I swear, the first time I saw them I thought they were sirens.

I also think the Ys designs (which are much more recent than CS1 and CS2) and art are far from generic. I love it, actually. They're much less "uniform" compared to CS1 (especially, of course) and CS2, with lots of colour and detail.

Don't they light up in CS2? Siren Tonfas is an awesome idea.

I don't think they do. Or, I haven't noticed that they do.

I guess you don't know your regular Persona fan, which Falcom wants money from. 3 and on only count because they are weeb simulatriums.

I'd just say it's the length of time between entries and difference in tone. It's the same with Legend of Heroes, we don't talk much about Gagharv or Dragon Slayer. P1 and 2 are Gagharv. P3, P4, and maybe P5 are Trails, in this analogy. Get it?

Okay, so maybe you guys who are more in the know can help me figure out something about the Ao no Kiseki epilogue/ending.

I was always told that it took place several years in the future, like 1207, and that even Cold Steel 3 was done by the time this epilogue happened and that Crossbell had broken free of the Imperial occupation. I just watched the ending. That's not at all what happens. The game basically ends at the Tree, or right after leaving it. Then there's a little post game narration by Lloyd saying where some of the people went. Then the very last thing he says is that Erebonia invaded and took over. That's it, smash to credits. No taking back Crossbell at the end.

The credits show CGs of the characters doing various resistance type things, which Cold Steel 2 shows as well, but that's it. The last "scene," so to speak, is a Crossbell flag being flown…somewhere with the cast sitting and smiling beneath it. There's nothing to indicate what this event means or if it's an actual event at all and is just supposed to be symbolic or their determination to get their country back or something.

In short: I don't think there's any canon material that says Crossbell breaks free from the Empire…yet. I mean, I'm sure it probably will but it is not the forgone historical conclusion I was lead to believe and Cold Steel 3 has absolutely no required plot directions.

user, you are counting FES Golden and Portable as whole new games? That is not fair.
Arena was not even developed by Atlus!
Are we going to add that fighting game with Ys and Trails as a True Trails AND True Ys game too, at the same time?
At least Persona 2 was divided in two different stories, but even in that case I would call it different scenarios, not whole different games.

That was part of my point.

So? The stories were, no doubt Altus had input on what and how, and it was allowed to be published under the Persona brand.

Are we going to add that fighting game with Ys and Trails as a True Trails AND True Ys game too, at the same time?
That whole "true" mindset is dangerous as it can be used to argue any game in a series out. I don't bear it any mind, I look at names.

Only played IS, so I can't comment on that.

Funny, I was going to comment "huh seems the personas without bullshit links are the better what a shock…!" but then saw Arena…you almost got me there user! GJ! :3

First, you don't speak for the entire fanbase, you're a drop of water in the ocean, so get off your high horse. Second, it's clear either 3 or 4 was your first persona. I really feel pity for you, not being around in the golden age of JPRG and losing so many gems, to think 3 or 4 are good examples of a good jrpg.

Shit, I forgot Dancing All Night.

that sells

So does no one have an answer for this?

Well user, I think the ones who know more moorunes are not here atm. Mi post about those mangas also had no response.

You're not wrong. But Falcom is not an island, they're influenced by their audience.

Luckily I like Persona waifu style but I don't think we'll ever see anything like the PSP games again. Just as we'll never see something like Baldur's Gate again. Das war einmal.

I was going to make a post about how the bonding system is causing certain characters, like Emma and Crow, to get shafted and how it's poor writing, but I'm saving it Forbes the next thread.

You may not get the full scope of the character, but they do well in making them characters outside of the bonding events. They're optional and they feel optional. You have to put in the time to hang out with them and get to know them. It may feel like certain characters get shafted, but that's just what you're putting in.

But there are some character's who's roles seem to require larger parts of the story. Emma is supposed to be Rean's overseer and guide, a role she has so far failed to fulfill, unless you do her bonds. She didn't even have much focus in the plot until the very end and some of CS II. For some reason, she's not the main heroine of the game. Then there's Crow, who's plot and pathos depends strongly on the Class' feelings toward him. If the player doesn't share those same feelings, a lot of the story falls flat where Class VII really cares for reasons that can go above the player. It's like if all the moments Estelle and Joshua had were optional, and then his leaving was treated with the same amount of weight.

Perhaps it's an issue of writers rather than the Bonding system, now that I think about it.

This is something I never got. Why is Alisa pushed as the main heroine when her role is so minimal? Emma objectively has the most connection to Rean and the overall plot, but she's almost the least featured girl. I mean if they really wanted the main girl to be a blond, twin-tail tsundere (as much as I hate that) why didn't they make Alisa the witch and Emma the corporate brat? That would have made more sense.

Yeah, that's one thing I'll fault CS1/CS2 for. Emma isn't given enough of a spotlight.

I agree, and it also prevents the cast from forming organic relationships with anyone but Rean.

On this, I disagree, at least in certain cases. I feel like the spats between Machias and Jusis and Laura and Fie were actually handled really well and I think a lot of field studies in CS1 allowed characters other than Rean to interact with each other in good ways. I'd say this is definitely more true for CS2, though, baring a few other examples.

This is another one I'm going to disagree with. I can only speak from personal experience, but I actually went into CS1 spoiled. I knew Crow turned on the party, so I actually went in not liking him and purposefully ignored all his bonding events. And by the end of the first game, he still won me over with his mandatory scenes. Probably some time around when webm related happened.

It's shown that the party hangs out with each other and others outside of Rean, so I don't think that's much of an issue. We only see them interact with Rean so much because we're always over his shoulder.

I just didn't do his bonding events because I wanted to talk to everyone else. Then when he went traitor and I saw him as Ordine prepped to attack the party, I wanted to kill him. That persisted through CS II, but died in the wake of everyone caring so much about him and still treating him like a close friend, plus there wasn't much need since he didn't kill anyone. Still pissed at the betrayal, not to mention how his group nearly destroyed Crossbell. He just never clicked for me and everyone, especially Rean's attatchment, was just kind of jarring, like the missing Ymir chapter, it was like I missed the part where Crow really endeared himself to everyone, especially Rean. Was the concert it? Really?

Taking it as a perspective of the character Rean was never supposed to know Emma was his guide until the very end or at least until Celine said it was okay to tell him. You had enough to go on that SOMETHING was happening in the background, but Rean didn't. As for Crow, I never did his bonding events, but the game itself still made me like him enough to feel prolonged anger at him into CS2 for his betrayal. I feel as though it's mainly up to the player themselves as to how they feel.

Except when they do have organic relationships.

You also have to remember that CS1 goes through multiple time skips all the time. Factoring that in you can say that they did have more time with Crow so them forgiving him on his possible deathbed isn't too far-fetched. I will agree that their constant use of timeskips puts a damper on relationships with characters. I felt the exact same form of disconnect when everyone was happily accepting and hanging out with Millium. Jusis was the only one who's skepticism made sense to me.

>Taking it as a perspective of the character Rean was never supposed to know Emma was his guide until the very end or at least until Celine said it was okay to tell him. You had enough to go on that SOMETHING was happening in the background, but Rean didn't.

The thing is, if her assignment was to oversee Rean's development as an Awakener, she should've tried harder to interact with Rean and be his friend. She should've made herself someone he confides in, she should've tried to find ways to insert herself into his life, even magically manipulating herself into his field study groups. Not to the point of being completely obvious(well maybe a little) and annoying, but enough to where we see a concerted effort on her part to be around him. But all she's useful for is opening locks, manipulating arrows, teleportation and hypnosis, and minor exposition as the plot demands.

She's also extremely new to all of this. She leaned on Celine too hard to guide her in guiding Rean. That's the reasoning I see in her being hands off on the whole situation except for the few obvious parts.

Hey, we covered them up for the uninitiated this time.

Here's a not spoiler but I'll spoil it anyway. All girls are best girls except for Alisa. If you like Alisa you're pleb tier. On the other side of the coin, all boys are best boys especially Joshua

Alisa is the 2nd worst girl. Worst is Millium

You got that right

By the end of Cold Steel 2 I thought Millium was better than Alisa.

I don't hate her and I don't hate Alisa, but the rest of characters are so much better, I don't want to spent points on either of those two

Also, I lied. I hate Millium a little bit. Because Burch

I mean romantic ones.

Ah, I see now. It's old Persona quandary. Since all the girls want the MC's dick, no one hooks up with anyone else. But, I'll be honest, I felt that couples like Bridget and Alan, Hugo and Becky, Instructor Makarov and Instructor Marry were enough for me in terms of secondary romance.

Oh yeah, and Thoma and Sharl. And I think one of Laura's fanclub members ends up falling for one of the Arseid School guys.

Ehh, Millium grew on me in CS II, much like Sara, but more like a little sister.

And Machias and Margarita, when she isn't Vincent hunting. And I think Paula may be tsundere for Jusis, though I may be misremembering. Oh, and Vivi wanting to fuck Edel, the gardening club member, not the shop owner from Sky. And Kenneth and Annabelle.

Also, I think the only one who shows romantic feelings for Rean outside of specific romantic events is Alisa.

In Class VII, I mean. I forgot Elise and Alfin for a second.

Paula is tsundere for Jusis. And Patiry is tsundere for Machias. Vivi just flirts with everyone, though, especially Rean. Kenneth and Annabelle were definitely a thing, but Kenneth was too autistic to notice what was happening. You could make a case for Loggins and Friedel as in the end they leave school to go off traveling together, and Friedel says something that may imply she's interested in him.

If you wanted to really stretch things you could try to argue for Theresa and Emily, but they're probably just good friends.

As for Alisa being the only one into Rean outside of bonding events, that's kiiind or true, but kind of not. It's true that when Alfin teases Rean about being her dance partner in CS1, Alisa always reacts. However if your link level is high enough with Laura and Emma they react as well. Also you've gotta figure that Laura cornering Rean about his sword style is probably as close to flirting as she gets.

If you take it that far, then Florald girl whatever her name is wants Alisa and that 3/4 of the known lacrosse team being /u/.

Really? Shit, this is one of those times where I wish Trails was more popular so I could see all the different permutations of scenes.

In the first chapter? I think that was just because her father told her that "Soneday, she'd meet someone who practiced the 8L1B." I doubt she would've seemed as interested if he was a Court Fencer or Vander style user, it's just that he's a user of a new, renowned sword style that probably isn't well documented yet.

Everyone says SC sold like shit but I wonder how much do they think it should sell to become successful enough.

People have inflated ideas of successful because the current game industry considers "successful" to mean 1m+ copies when really all a game needs to be considered a success to to generate positive cashflow.

Is there a game similar to YS, but stand alone?
I don't want to get into fuck huge franchise to get burned off somewhere in the middle between games like I did with Kingdom Hearts or Metal Gear?

You can play the Ys games without worrying about story. They're not story-heavy, for the most part, and they're self contained.

Play Ys Origin. It's a prequel that takes place like 700 years before the start of the series.

Ok I'll play origin.
I just hope it's not KH or MGS kind of prequel that expects you to know plot of like 3 games released earlier.

The mainstream industry and media don't care about small niche devs like Falcom just as nobody cares about indie movies compared to Star Wars.

Ofcourse as we all know sales does not equal quality.

I doubt it, each game is a different adventure from Adol's adventure journal, and aside from the ones on the chart that say to play in a certain order, I'm sure you'll be fine. Apparently these games have never been story heavy until VIII took on a few elements from the Kiseki series.

It depends on how XSeed expected to sell, which since Niche jap game+longer than expected loc schedule+ PC & PSP game couldn't have been that high. I'm not saying they didn't take a loss, but surely they shifted expectations in light of all that. I'm sure it did fine, plus it's team loves the Trails games, so we have that going. Hatsuu is now a size queen who thinks games with regular sized scripts are too small compared to what she's become used to.

What are the numbers in steam, gog and humble bundle?

Only Steam Spy gives the most direct numbers. Gog and HB don't have ways to check as far as I know, but on GoG it's sole at least 170. Typically priced at $30, sales likely only took it down to $20.

I don't know, "Take me to your room Rean" was pretty high up there.

Though I think she isn't flirting, just clueless.

I think it's more I don't know how to flirt, but through this way I can get to know him better

New Thread