Who else liked this?

Who else liked this?

I enjoyed it but found the sequels to be a disappointment.

Same. Second one wasn't too bad but third was just garbage, coudln't even finish it.

It's good entry tier kino, but the sequels and spiritual successors were all shit.

I love all Fricke's stuff, Baraka is my favorite, first time I watched it I was on shrooms.

great
great
shit

My personal ranking:

1. Chronos
2. Baraka
3. Samsara
4. Koyaanisqatsi
5. Powaqqatsi
6. Naqoyqatsi

DUDE CAPITALISM IS EVIL LMAO

I don't think that was quite what it was about, industrialised society can be pretty evil though tbh.

less so than the alternatives

Is it truly? I think the agrarian and feudal society we had going until the industrial revolution was pretty neat. What's the point of all this abundance if we are too dehumanised and disconnected to truly appreciate it?

this

if you are disconnected, that's your problem. I'm doing just fine in modern society.

Am I supposed to know what this is? Holy fuck Holla Forums

The alternatives have never damaged the environment to the same extent though.

What fucking alternatives
Communism and capitalism are both industrialized materialist ideologies. Both irreparably are selfish, the only difference is that communism's gimmick is equal rape of the earth for everyone and capitalism's is rape except with hierarchy.

You're either deluded or an ancap who somehow thinks he'll eventually make it big. There's no point to living a life full of luxuries like freshly made coffee in less than a minute on your way to work on a train that can travel miles in seconds, if that life has no meaning to it.

This x 1000

people doing much better > some environmental damage

the alternative to an industrialized society is a society that's not industrialized, i.e. one where most people barely scrape by as subsistence farmers and such

my life has meaning to me. it's not for you to decide that it doesn't.

Objectively speaking yes, yes I can.

This user gets it.

Can you all fuck off back to reddit or something. This is the film board.

smoking weed and playing vidya isn't a meaning
go the fuck back to reddit, nigger

pure knho

I like being alone

that's what you're saying, yes

I did.

That really makes me want to rewatch it tbh.

The world was going to go to shit but then we started shitposting tbh and it decided to go the other way so it all worked out.