Shadow of the Colossus

After the dissapointment that TLG was, i felt like replaying one of my favorite games of all time and is just as good as i remembered. Can we discuss it?
Also
For me it would have to be Quadratus both design and battle-wise.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Shadow_of_the_Colossus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can discuss these dubs

I'm guessing you are that autist from the Zelda thread.

I don't know user, there is some retarded shill comparing Breath of the wild to SotC. I didn't think to check if it was OP.

you should take your pills lad

Since this is probably the best place to ask, there is something about SotC that has been bothering me. You know the large tower that has the giant light that tells you about the colossi? I remember after awhile climbing to the room in the tower you usually only get to see in the ending cut scene. I had to climb from the outside, but I was able to get to the top. In the room is a bunch of fruit that is different then the fruit you find elsewhere. If you eat some of it your health will decrease with each fruit you consume. I never did figure out what the significance was though. Did anyone else get to this room here?

Graphics are pretty shit. Also it isnt as colorful as Breath of the wild.

It sucks

I always thought it was just for fucking with the player.

Ico > SotC >>>TLG

It was to handicap yourself. I think it have a meaning, but I forgot about it.

Okay, so we basically have gone from Todd posting all the breath of the wild threads to shitposting about SotC?

Ico is a great game and i can appreciate everything it tried back in 2001 but it lacks the punch of SotC, i prefer slaying a giant colossi rather than holding hands and solving puzzles but to each their own.

I think it was supposed to be a parallel to the garden of eden, with "forbidden fruit" and all.

All three of these sound correct. If we're going for a thematic approach, it could be about obtaining power and reaching the forbidden tower's top rewards you nothing. That the journeys and ideas are sometimes better than the destination.

Overrated trash. Have you tried league of legends?

Shadow of the Colossus is why video games should be regarded as art

Garden of Eden stuff user.

Are you IP hopping now?

Wander is a dupe, and even though he fucked up he actually got his wish granted but paid the price. Of course my favorite collossus is the sand snake, you need to run from him on your horse and is generally one of the more fast paced fights.

I've never climbed there myself, but I've heard that eventually eating too much fruit and lizards and your stamina gauge starts to get out of control and can take up a huge portion of the corner of the screen. With that much stamina it should be easy to get to that room, and you could reduce the stamina bubble to a reasonable size.

Depends on your perspective. His inhability to let go speaks at the heart of the human conditiom. He goes to great lenghts and probably dooms the entire world to "maybe" bring someone he loves back to life.

He got his wish granted but not in the way he intended. In the end everything requires sacrifice and choices have concequences, it's bittersweet.

Gaius

Everything can be art if enough people say it is but art doesn't necessarily imply merit.

What ruins games as art is the desire of westeners for validation and respect for the medium because if vidya is art then it must be respected, apparently.

Honestly, I really, really enjoyed TLG. I suspect anons' disappointment with the game stems from the fact that they got into the 'series' with SOTC and expected another SOTC and not another Ico, when even the early trailers would have told exactly what you were going to get

Shadow of the Colossus was the coolest shit ever, but i never got a ps2 memory card and could never save my progress.
I think the farthest I've ever gotten was the 4 colossus because i could never figure out how to get onto that fucker.
I've been trying to get it to work on a ps2 emulator but it's always bugging and is slow as shit? How do you guys get it to work?

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Shadow_of_the_Colossus

You'd only be disappointed in TLG if you happen to be a blithe dumbass.

You need to shoot arrows on his legs when he's on the wall. The weak spot is on his stomach.

Thanks for your insightful post.

Thanks man
Nice dubs

Well, now you know to curb your enthusiasm.

PS2 emulation of SotC is a pain in the butt because SotC was released extremely late in the lifecycle of the PS2. It was highly optimized and took advantage of many "tricks" that could be performed on the PS2 GPU that do not work so well on the emulators.

Took hours to figure out how to get it to work… lots of trial and error iirc.

How well does it run? Can you force 60fps?

Yeah it also seems the newest version of PCX2 emulator takes out a lot of the features needed to run SotC. Which really fucked me over because i just had to download a older version.
Also have you been able to run Ace Combat? I've been having trouble getting it to run properly?

I used ePSXe

It would get 45-60 fps. If I was looking at certain particle effects or certain types of fur on the colossi I would drop to 45ish, but It was still very playable. The decal effects that showed where the weak-points were would bug out sometimes too.

Never figured out how to get the ghost-blur thing to stop(looks like it draws ghost images behind everything when it is moving). It must have been due to something with the frame buffer or AA.

is this the birth of a new epic meme?

Reddit is down?

is this the birth of a new epic meme?

Checked

I'm going to guess you're from Holla Forums, voted a good goy israeli cock sucking candidate as president, bitch about marxism, yet still engage in marxist pratices and beliefs such as sexual liberation, masturbation, and post modernist thinking (all art is subjective)

This is not a politics thread, fuck off.

I haven't finished this game yet. Bought the HD edition for my PS3 a few years ago.

The first few fights are pretty neat but I just sort of gave up on the game. I think the last boss I was fighting, you had Arno and you were being attacked by a horse like Colossus that shot lightening out of its feet. It just started to feel like I was just going through the motions.

Same with Ico as well really.

to be fair, lots of people are getting permab& right now for criticizing Trump's cabinet picks or the jews that seem to be orbiting him.
Holla Forums has become a complete safe-space(Thanks to ImRach/LearningKampfy) for circle jerking, kike-worship, and other forms of alt-right faggotry.

kill urself

Just think, we will have 8 more years of this.

It's literally Wander becoming human again. The fruit and colossi of the Forbidden Land make him less human, culminating in him being possessed after destroying Malus

kill urself again
there are many places on this site where you can have your political circlejerk so not on Holla Forums plz

Is this the thread where rejects go to complain about pol after they get permabanned for being autistic cucks?

gb2 facebook

There was no argument, molycuck.

Yeah it's a lefty that can't even write properly :^).

Reminder Mike Cernovich is Holla Forums moderator TheRealMoonMan.