Timesplitters thread

Why is the second half such shit?
The first half is so creative, humorous, and fun and then the second half is dry and deadly boring. Is the future just inherently a shit setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters
archive.is/ASlyy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait, you played it for the story? I thought everyone went straight to the multiplayer like i did.

Do you mean when you're finally witnessing what made the future a living hell? That's not even the second half. That's like the last fourth of the story. Also I don't know what you mean by dry and boring unless it's comparably dry to previous levels. Kinda hard to have good spirits in the equivalent of the Terminator 1 robot wars. In its place is dark humored snark.

The story in Future Perfect was good though. Good for single player, good for co-op. Wasn't it necessary for unlocking a large portion of the characters in multiplayer? I'm pretty sure it was.

I always preferred 2 over FP for some reason.

2 had a much lower budget and archaic controls

There's a full port for PC inside that FPS game that failed horribly

This. I think its the difficulty.
Atom smasher and robot factory on hard is probably the most frustrated I've been playing a video game.
And the mansion in Timesplitters 1.Fuck that shit.

That probably explains why I like it more then

What game? I'd like to pirate this just so I can play Time Splitters on PC.

homefront 2 I'm pretty sure.

what the faggot said
it's a pretty bad game though, and I think you need to play quite a lot of it to get to timesplitters

God damn, it's been far too long. TS2's levels had a lot of charm for how crude and simple they were.

Sadly I can't find a torrent for Homefront: The Revolution. It must be because the game sucked so bad. Oh well, no TS2 on PC for me.

Have you checked IGG?

I believe that you can only play through the first level of the TS2 story, correct me if I'm wrong

Yeah, like every other source they only have the original 2011 game, not the 2016 remake.

Never ever

It was too good to be true.

Today I will remind them
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters
archive.is/ASlyy

Daily reminder that they canceled to because they couldnt think of a single character to market.

Who owns the rights to Timesplitters anyways? I assume Dambusters AKA Homefront 2 devs own the rights, there's no way Crytek would be that trash to hold the IP hostage right?

If I remember correctly somebody proved that was false and there was another reason why that made more sense

At least we'll always have Saint's Row.

It was good bait because there's a bit of truth to it but it's false. Considering the amount of EA threads popping up, that bait could probably just be astroturfing like this thread might be because EA posed a challenge to them. Like with Future Perfect, EA wanted a marketable character as the FPS hero. Free Radical was smart about it and sold them with the image of Cortez which was in line with EA's marketing suggestion which was literally either a vin diesel or a wesley snipes look a like. So with Cortez, FR fooled the marketers and in game Cortez is a bumbling but good-natured FPS hero who looks and sounds like vin diesel but that's it. But with TS4, they wanted something more, and FR was like, "dude monkeys lmao," and after Haze it was all over. Not because they failed the challenge and got dropped but because it was easier for EA, LucasArts, and Activision to see FR dissolve than you know, actually work with them. Really, FR did nothing wrong. Publishers want all the rights, IPs, keep payment tight so no bonuses and no overtime, and more. Video game developers deserve better.

Only first 2 levels. Jesus fucking christ they could have made a mint porting that game to PC

Just post the archive next time faggot.

Honestly, it's not that good