Couch Multiplayer

What are some good couch multiplayer games for PC or emulator?

Ones I've found:

Other urls found in this thread:

kickass.cd/crawl-v0-11-0-tt16204363.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Smackdown Here Comes the Pain is good times with or without friends.

Sonic all-star racing transformed.

That limits you a bit, because the Wii U is pretty much made for this. Cemu is coming along well but good luck emulating a gamepad for a couch coop scenario. If you can get your hands on one Nintendoland and Sm4sh are some of the best games you can play together.

Otherwise Serious Sam has splitscreen, and mowing down large armies of aliens together should be fun. Guacamelee has it if you want a metroidvania. Portal 2 might have splitscreen but I haven't checked.
If you want emulation, you have more options. Off the top of my head the Mega Drive has a few good ones.

I have a Wii U but not enough controllers. Mario Kart 8 is the best of the series, and Smash 4 is okay. I prefer Project M because they balanced Smash 4 for 8 player games so the engine sucks dick.

Just checked out Serious Sam and got it. Looks good!

The reason I mention Sm4sh is that it takes loads of different controllers. My local uni vidya club only has 2 wiimote + classic controllers and the gamepad, but since some regulars use their 3DS and some bring in their own ones we can easily get 8 people playing at once. It's good for bigger couch coop sessions.
At least get Nintendoland though. The games are great for couch coop, especially when there's alcohol involved. I put Mario Chase on during a gaming event and nobody could use that projector for hours because everyone kept playing it.

Lance a Lot looks fun, but I haven't tried it. Supposedly it doesn't have very much content. Stikbold is circle dodgeball for up to five or six players.

anyone got any links to download this?

No link but I found a torrent on piratebay just yesterday

yeah i just found a link to V0.11.0 on kickass.cd if anyone wants it kickass.cd/crawl-v0-11-0-tt16204363.html

I lived and breathed couch multiplayer co-op as a kid.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Player 2 controls Tails. Hard to manage in speed segments, but he's an invincible suicide attacker during boss fights and can give Sonic a lift in platforming segments.)

Risk of Rain (2D roguelite with same-screen local multiplayer, available on Steam, and it's from AGDG.)

Gunstar Heroes - Imagine if Contra was a 90s anime and had melee combat options. Very fun, with difficulty settings that scale up to "fuck normalfags".

Battle Tanx: Global Assault - Vehicular combat, except everything is variously crazy forms of tanks.

Twisted Metal 4 - A lot of people didn't like this one, but it was my first and only TM, and it's got co-op campaign.

Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect - An FPS series that parodies classic movies. The more stuff you've watched from between the 50s to the 90s, the more you'll enjoy it.

Jet Force Gemini after about half an hour to get your buddy sidekick. There's a pilot-gunner mechanic going on, but if somebody likes not being able to move themselves in exchange for having the best weapon in the game, being invincible, and outdamaging the main character, it's a good time. If you want the game to become trivial, give the gunner a turbo controller.

Final Fantasy Tactics' PSP remaster "War of the Lions" has some pretty intense co-op missions, but you have to play through the story independently. So your mileage may vary.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. A Metal Gear game with proper co-op through the entire main campaign, and large damage sponge bosses a la Monster Hunter. The console HD rerelease didn't add anything but nice graphics, so you can just emulate this as easily as any other PSP game.

I had fun with Stardust Vanguards and Vagante.

Broforce is really good then again, the game crashes when I beat the last boss so I dunno if that might happen to you.

Distance is fucking sweet but your friends > having friends;_; will have to play the singleplayer before being able to stand a chance.

What about couch sex

Bumpin because i need more couch co op games

Duck Game is really fun with a bunch of people.

Intercourse

Halo

All you faggots should be lined up and shot

EDF 4.1

Power stone 2 with emulator.
Fun as fuck.

which ones have 4 player split screen/couch multiplayer? i really liked the chaotic nature of overcooked is there anything else like it?

its fun no matter your skill levels, so long as youre somewhat even

Mario Strikers, obviously

New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends, Mario 3d World, Nintendo Land, Saturn Bomberman (for that nice 10 player action), Wild Guns, Pulstar

CTR: Crash Team Racing
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Star Wars with tanks, PS2 and GC)
Worms
Audiosurf If you have good sound and don't mind using a keyboard or binding keys to a controller
Star Wars Battlefront II if you don't mind controller FPS
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-4 (N64, GC, PS1-2)
SSX Tricky (PS2, GC version has issues in Dolphin)
Typing of the Dead if you have another keyboard
Super Mario Bros. (NES, SNES, forget Wii)
North and South (NES, I don't think this one is very well known, but it's pretty neat)
Gauntlet (MAME and retro consoles)
Bomberman (not sure which platforms, I only played Super Bomberman 5 for SNES)
Warlords (MAME, Atari 2600, 5200, though I dunno it it's fun without a real paddle)
Goof Troop
The Kirby games for SNES and maybe Wii
A shitton of arcade games

Pretty much any turn-based strategy game that isn't hotkey heavy works with an analog stick bound to the mouse, if you don't mind it.
Just bringing your laptops to the couch can be comfy too, and you can play RTS, Strategy, and MMOs that way. I have fond memories of shitposting on club penguin together
You can also play the same game in two emulator windows and try to beat the game first, or link two emulated copies of Pokémon and battle.

Sonic R

I like to play Succ on the couch

8/10 list

>>>/cuteboys/

If you like sports:
any of the DC 2K games
nhl 94
nhl hitz
nba jam
nfl blitz
tecmo super bowl
wayne gretzky 3D hockey
(it's really fun to make your own teams and shit on awful teams)
Racing:
wipEout
mario kart
(I really can't remember any else)

Shooter:
Resident Evil 5
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Army of Two
PAYDAY

If you have two laptops or desktops or whatever (doens't really matter the specs as long as they aren't shit):
Quake 3
Starcraft
Diablo 2
SWAT 4
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal Tournament
Call of Duty 1
Battlefield 1942
Halo 1/2
Total Annihilation