ANYONE READY FOR ANOTHER SHIT PORT FROM NISA?,BOY,I AM

ANYONE READY FOR ANOTHER SHIT PORT FROM NISA?,BOY,I AM
they're trying to make up for it/bracing for impact with the unreleased characters
thinly veiled actual disgaea thread,2 is best and will never get expanded on because NIS loves 1

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/23310
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It has a Linux port so it's already cool in my book.

I kinda wanted a Soul Nomad port more

Is like you want your computer to explode

Why the fuck are they porting mediocre 10+ yo PS2/PSP games? How is that ok?

Gameplay wise? The writing was fucking garbage.

Gameplay wise,had the best feeling of autismgrinding with felonies and stuff,also fists being the main weapon.too bad that in the postgame that doesn't matter because the autismsword+100 can do crazy damage compared to anything
Writing was almost decent for disgaea,not as bad as DD2.But the whole 'JOHN WAS THE DEMONS' and the french frog thing were retarded

SRPG/TRPG/whatever market is a bit slow,so gotta chunk up some remakes and ports.

I can't say 2 is the best. I think 3, 4, and 5 trump it in terms of gameplay. Especially 4 and 5. The best thing about 2 was the Dark Sun maps and the introduction of the Land of Carnage as well as pirates in Item World. However the sequels streamlined whatever this game did mechanics wise and made them better.

The felony system is cool, until you realize it's tied to your EXP multiplier instead of having statisticians so grinding was a real damn chore in post game. Also I could never get into the LoC because pirate RNG made it so I couldn't find Jolly pirates even after 30 hours of trying to find those fuckers. However I'll definitely say 2 has one of the best soundtracks in the series. The arranged soundtrack is great too.

I don't know why they don't just bring 5 to PC. The games aren't even connected plot wise so it's not like you're missing anything.

it's an acceptable loss, old game probably relying on existing tools to port over code and assets that require minimal retooling to get working correctly so the work load is extremely small. PC games sell several orders of magnitude less than console games on average, so they aren't putting much money on the line and there is a more sustained, drip-feed style profit from it.

Low risk, won't cost them much.

The felony system single handedly ruined the game for me. D3's unlimited statisticians might have been broken as fuck, but so is everything else in this series if you're willing to invest some time. This always pissed me off because I liked the weapon proficiency system more than the literal nothing we got for weapons and how they related to classes in 3 and 4 (never played 5 or D2).

Where can I pirate 3/4 JP for my vita? Could only find US/EU releases.

>Disgaea 4 isn't best Disgaea.
We all know which disgaea is best disgaea.
We also know which game had best characters. Rhapsody sequels never ever.

I hope you all aren't actually giving NISA money for that shit.

Makai Kingdom 2 never

I would say 5 is the best IMO. Capturing, squads, weapon weaknesses, unit color editing, 2 weapons per person, and new item world put it past other games for me. Felt great capturing a bunch of faggots, storing them into a potion, and turning my level 50 character into someone with level 200 stats. I forgot if 4 had color editing or not.

This should been a feature long ago.

Is disgaea 5 good. will my ps4 survive?

the plot is shit, but the gameplay is the best of the series yes

Is there some sort of Disgaea equivalent but with real time combat? You know cute anime girls + endless grinding kind of deal?
Without level caps for ants or some shitty hard caps where you can't earn anymore relevant experience past some level.

Phantom Brave is the best n1 strategy rpg.

How is Disgaea 5?

Not that I know of. Also Disgaea stops being about levels once you reach level 500. Instead it's about equipment, skills, and reincarnation. You weapons will make a level 100 character seem level 1000 if you know what you're doing.

As the other user said. Shit plot but the gameplay is some of the best in the series. Weapon proficiency makes a return and they added a new mechanic, weapon weaknesses. Now every unit has a resistance and weakness to different weapon types. To make this not redundant, all units can now equip 2 different weapons and switch between them on the fly. My f.fighter had a sword and fist while my m.fighter had fist and spear.

Capturing is a whole new system in this game. Instead of just throwing dickheads into your base panel. You can now just throw a net on them and take them in. You can do this to nearly anyone that isn't a boss. You can even capture item world enemies. Capturing them makes it so you can subjugate them. Doing so allows you to recruit them or turn them into a magic potion that permanently increases your stats. You can fuse hundreds of people at the same time and turn a shit character into a god of war. These stats even go into reincarnation.

Speaking of reincarnation, MCs have it so where they get a massive stat bonus when they reincarnate because they don't have tiers like generic units. Also generic units automatically promote to their next rank when you get their class points up so high. With classes, you learn skills from them and can increase a tier by mastering said class. For example, if you made a archer and gave her the succubus class as her subclass. She would slowly learn succubus skills, archer skills, and you can now make a tier 2, 3, or 4 succubus on the fly once you get that class up to said rank. When making a character you can also immediately set them to the highest level any character you've obtained. This means you can capture a level 500 character and immediately start making level 500 characters.

There's much more but this post is long enough already.

I hope anyone who is interested in Disgaea and has PC would know to get an emulator.

If I play Disgaea 5 without playing any other of the games, will I know what the fuck is going on?

Piracy

It's ok. not a must-play.
Axel was best character

Nope, PC is not bad. Disgaea PC sold comparably to Disgaea 5 on consoles. Considering that the former is a bad port of a 15 year old game and the latter was a brand new one, that means the PC market is not bad at all.

They've already hinted they want to release Disgaea's as according to their numbers. That's obviously because if they released a newer version of the game, the releases of older ones would sell way worse. The way they're doing it, they can sell old Disgaea 2, 3, 4 and gain from them as opposed of getting barely anything if they just went ahead and released D5 instantly.

I mean, even a glorious quality port like Disgaea PC has 110k owners now, so it's obvious the market can be milked with half-yearly releases. If they actually improved the quality of their ports, then it'd be better for them but I doubt those Nips can into PC.

but how are you going to tell the difference between your Rune Knights, Batmans, and Jedi?

This is absolutely true.

I hated the time limit, I understand why it was there though. It really is hard to make a challenging sRPG if you don't have a turn limit. its possible, but requires a very active AI, which a lot of NIS games lack. Grid less sRPG was the best thing they ever did though.

They have tutorials that explain the basics and that's all you need to win. Once you truly know what you're doing, you'll be destroying enemies hundreds of levels ahead of you. You can beat the main story with 0 grinding. As in no item world grinding, repeating levels, or chara world where you upgrade characters. I'm familiar with the games so I found it so easy that I started increasing the difficulty to the point where enemies where 20-30 levels ahead of me. And I was still winning. The final boss was 100 levels above me when I got to it and won on the first battle. You'll be just fine.

Copypasta from a while back. Holy shit this was almost a year ago, where does the time go?

You need to go back.

Typical game that will end up in bundles and Steam sales every year. We all know what Steam fags are like: women in an outlet store.

Check out steamspy for Last Remnant to understand what I mean.

steamspy.com/app/23310

The stories aren't connected in any meaningful way, except 1 and 2 and 1 and D2.

Then Disgaea D2 for PC 2020?

NISA can go fuck themselves with a rake. Until they learn how to port games to PC properly I want none of their shit.

Did people need to have this shit explained to them? Like the fucking tutorial explains combo attacks and facing and shit.

I keep meaning to pick that up but never do.

It's less that and more just people tend to forget those features are there after the second stage.

they have been letting fans bug test, fucking fans are way better at bug testing than any QA team.

it may be a good port

No shit? Has there been any QA team in the current century that hasn't been a pile of shit?

Disagaea PC sold 100k units, at $20 per piece, D5 about 60K in Japan (at 6500-7500yen, about 70 bucks each) and 110K units worldwide at about $50. Not comparable in the slightest. This makes the PC market a tip jar, sprinkles on the ice cream.

Holy shit it has been a year since I made that post. There is a mistake though. You don't keep the equipment of enemies you capture. They lose all of that. A good deal of those mechanics are also thrown out the window or revamped in D5.

Capturing is not a pain in the ass anymore and can be done as soon as you enter the stage. You can capture 9 enemies at the same time too. Stationary multipliers are now gone as well. The same buffs don't stack anymore either. So no spamming braveheart 5x to gain stupid strength. Reincarnation is viable during the main plot because you can instantly level up to the highest level you've obtained if you have enough money. Before you started at level one and had to grind back to your old level which was tedious.

Yes. You know how people say you need to grind in RPGs to win (some honestly aren't trolling)? Devs have made it so you never need to grind in 99% of RPGs to beat the main plot in the game. This was only really a problem during the NES days. Yet people still need to grind to win because they are simply bad at the games. I've encountered this multiple times in person and had to beat bosses for people on my first try without even knowing their build, team setup, boss pattern, or current equipment. RPGs are easy and yet people still fuck them up because they use the most basic strategies and ignore all their tools.

Disgaea is the same way. Any game past 2 has it so you barely even need to grind during post game. They set up everything to be a nice, steady progression with power spikes here and there. It's so easy to become OP that I was fighting enemies 50 levels above me during the main plot and still winning with most of my units alive.

TL:DR People don't know how to play smart.

that was part of a humble bundle you could pay 1 cent for it. im shocked that it's not over a million.

But consider how much cheaper it is to simply port an older game to a new platform than to go through the entire development cycle, and 100k units at $20 starts to look a hell of a lot better.

Forgot to mention a few popular examples. The Matador in SMT Nocturne was considered a very hard boss on 4/v/ for years on end. Turns out all you need to do is apply buffs and he's pretty manageable. But barely anyone even thought of using buffs because they never needed to for most of the game. So they were crushed.

Dragon Quest VIII has it where people easily get their asses handed to them by the first boss. Yet if you explore you can find some pretty powerful equipment to take him down. But people run straight to the cave and get ass raped. Even then, you don't even need the equipment to beat him if you properly defend and keep your health high instead of healing when you can die from one more hit. Yangus can get cursed but the MC can't. So having the MC attack and Yangus tank with defend is a good way to win without the equipment.

it's a slow burn earn. It can't be a staple of flagship development because the return is only significant over a long period of time.

it's also a 10 year old game with and sold 100k with next to NO advertising

Hardly a tip jar. That's roughly five times more gain from Disgaea 5, which would be bad but you need to take into account a few things. Important things.

Disgaea PC is a shit quality port of a game that also looks like shit because grorious porting. It's also a port a 14 year old game which has since had tons of sequels. Also, Steam takes less percent off each sale than Playstation from what I know (+ no DVD/manuals printing costs), so it'd be more like 4-4.5 times more from Disgaea 5. No offense, but comparing sales figures of a 16 year old, outdated, badly ported game with those of a brand-new, working one is absolutely retarded.

the "console royalties" is a one time licensing fee ranging from $500 to $2000. You also get perks like advertising, a support fast lane, low level tech support. You handle pressing on your own, typically unless you are in a first or second party or specific exclusivity contract relationship.

Steam takes 30% for each sale because its a place on their store. I think you need to do more research into this.

That's a nice way of putting it. Bug testing isn't a privilege, it's work and these faggots are doing it for free, kek.

A pc port still puts less risk of loss on NIS, by virtue of the port cycle having less components than the full dev cycle, especially since instead of hiring on testers they're bribing fans to do it for a free copy.

devs don't want to waste their time doing ports they see a 2 months earning of a new release on in a years time. That's miserable.

Investors don't give a shit what the dev wants, if they see a place to drop investor pocket change to get more money, they're going to do it.

Nope? I've googled it just now and royalties depend on the deal you've got with PS, yes, but they still are per unit sold. Or so the first few outcomes say. Either way, doesn't matter.

You're still right, Steam takes more than PS. Though, I've read some more. Just think of all the retailers, publishers. distributors, manufacturing of DVDs/boxes. After everyone gets their cut, the developers get far, far less than 70%, so I was still right.

Still all of that is pretty much irrelevant because it's all about comparing a shitty 10+ year old port with a brand new game that looks nice and isn't a shit port.

Disgea 2, 4 , and 5 probably did the best for the series in terms of gameplay
of course each of the remakes basically put in the best of the next game into the older games.
disgaea d2 ws eh didn't have any of the bugs happen to me but didn't really add to the game to add bit more world to first game which was kinda of eh overall. did introduce the cheat shop which after playing every version besides the vita ones its pretty much a godsend useful.
Disgaea 5 is not done by any of the devs from first set of games and overall it was really good game story is about an edgy main character but the gameplay is really nice to someone whose played thousands of hours across most of these games
i'll probably buy the Disgaea 2 steam version few days after its release to see if ti had the same problems as Disgaea 1 put disgaea 1 pc seems to been basically fix by a mod and shit .

Is Disgaea any good?

Meant to answer to this

Yno

RIP Adell's English voice, it wasn't that great in Disgaea 2 but it dropped in quality over the years. Guess they couldn't grab the old guy over and over again for just some DLC.

Threads about shit games reach bump limit in 2 hours (unless they're general threads). Threads about good games are slow and steady, lack shitposting, and have actual discussion about the games.

Yes it's good. It's one of the most unique TRPG series out there

This reminds me of how that dumbed down combos in Disgaea 5. I love that game still because they added a lot of fun shit, but dumbing down some of the mechanics in a srpg is shit. Especially since those mechanics weren't difficult to use to begin with.

Wrong. Read the pic. They are getting the game for free. Seems like a good trade off to me.

I don't mind these ports, honestly; I would like if they ported Chronicles of the Sacred Tome.

How did they dumb down the combo system in 5?

NIS games have a tendency to have almost every past game character show up as a cameo (or DLC in the later games, sadly) in some way, as technically every game they've ever made is in the same expanded universe which is cool (Makai Kingdom even went so far as to explain it). However, you don't really need to play the other games to know who they are; usually such cameo characters are not important to the current game's story.

they also aren't paying for it , which is better that "muh early access"

I find this post quite funny.

PC is now the platform that gets sloppy seconds. Ah how the mighty have fallen.
I don't really get the point of porting weebshit to Steam anyway. Surely the hardcore fans all have playstation or vita? Maybe I'm biased. I guess it's some spare cash to tie developers over between games.

im interested in it since i never got to play part 2 and i loved part 1. i heard part 1 was a good port so whats your problem with it?

NISA

I get you,look at this video
Rita Repulsa Laharl>DD2 Texan gunner>Adell>every voice
Prove me wrong

so in other words nothing? because the first one has very positive reviews on steam.

He means supporting NISA is an awful choice. NISA has a record of being shit. Ar Tonelico 2 came out so bad that fans took 7 years to unfuck the game. They even added deleted content from the JP version and rebalanced the game.

PC ports at least mean you have have fan-translation mods for all text and turning on the Japanese VAs.
Just learn to pirate good.

so im not familiar with all this, i take it NISA is just a company that ends to publish things in america and in english and they ruin the original work? sucks if true but the original disgaea games out pretty well didnt they?

While the franchise is "quirky"- they've made it goofier than it was supposed to be. Other offenses include:

- Fucking up so bad that they made PS3s overheat on one CPU until they melted.
- Removing content that was in the original Japanese version- not due to censorship, just missing for no rhyme or reason.
- Adding Game breaking/console bricking bugs.
- Giving conflicting reports on why they changed stuff.
- Having a DLC character not appear due to a bug- even when you purchase the DLC.

Nippon Ichi Software America is the localization and western publishing company for Nippon Ichi Software. They can do a good localization but they must be kept under a tight leash. Demon Gaze came out with a solid translation, no bugs, and no censorship. Yet for something like Mugen Souls. They do a very lazy translation, add in bugs that were never in the JP version, mistranslate important shit like calling the ruler of fire the ruler of water. Then they never patch their shit when they fuck up unless it's something that can really fuck them over. Like how fire element spells and attacks in Disgaea D2 could melt your PS3. Sounds too crazy to be true but it did happen. One of the only times they've patched their games.

As you can see from that screencap. NISA will duck and dodge shit they know they can't possibly defend and go silent. They survive because people don't give a shit they get butchered products. Saying that, they also distribute Limited Editions and anime blue rays so that keeps them alive too. Their LEs are actually not bad and they actually don't fuck up on that part. Their anime distribution seems legit from what I've heard from others. It's their videogame localization section that's pure cancer though.

The level editor in D4 was also taken out the JP version I heard. I think it was because people kept making lewd stages. They brought it back in in D5.

As far as I know, the base editing was still in D4, not to mention you could "raid" levels made by others.
Unless you could access them, but not make them.

I played the PS3 version (before I knew about NISA).

Lewd stages?
what the fuck do you mean by that

People constantly making dick stages.

Soul Nomad's English voice track is better than the original one, mostly because Gig is done so well.

The level editor was gimped and limited to combining premade blocks in the English version, allegedly at Sony's request (doubtful)

How was the Disgaea HD ps3 collection? Worth my money?

I hav to say I find it a bit odd that Soul Nomad never got the extended port treatment, the way so many other NIS TRPGs from the PS2 saw. It did at least get up on the PSN, but only in Japan.

Nope. Because Disgaea 1 - 3 all have superior handheld versions. The HD collection doesn't have the handheld mechanics that really add to the game. Saying that you can also skip Disgaea 3 and go straight to 4. I would just emulate Disgaea PSP and D2 PSP on PPSSPP and get 4 on the Vita. If you have a PS4 I would immediately play 5. However 5 makes it hard to go back to the others.

I have a ps4 and i bought D5 but i haven't played it yet because i wanted to try out some of the older games.

It will make you really appreciate some of the changes applied to 5. Like being able to throw in all directions. Before you couldn't throw diagonally normally. Or how monsters no throwing ability for like the first 2 games. How you can never capture human enemies. There's a ton of shit.

So I have Disgaea 2, 3 and 4 on the PS3 with minimal playtime invested in them. Of the three which would be the most recommended to play?

Oh shit thats right. That is her. No wonder I found the evil laugh so believable.

Diablo, Path of Exile and so on.

I kinda understand the hate this game gets, but I still think it's a must-play for people who are interested in Disgaea, especially for the massive amount of characters in it and the many changes it introduced and were used in further Disgaea-sequels and -remakes.
Also for Raspberyl.

It basically is hated for all the reasons it wanted to be hated though. It was making fun of all the "Japanese high school" bullshit that was/still is popping up, and it hit it on the mark pretty well for how stupid of a setting that is.

If one finds D4 just a tiny bit too complex would D2 be more up the ally?

D2 is more streamlined, yes.

Disgaea was never good

has there ever been a more massive faggot? thats the kind of retard every publisher would like to have

havent their pc ports been pretty good after a rough start? i havent played them myself, but i heard that after a few patches disgaea is pretty flawless, and that phantom brave was good from the get go.

why are you so flat?