Want to discuss modern kino on Holla Forums

when the market is this dry, you can't blame people for turning Holla Forums into /youtube/ and /polite/

There's nothing wrong with being polite

There is no dearth of good cinema, there is literally too many films to watch, my backlog is heavy as fuck. Holla Forums literally looks at the new blockbuster releases and calls it a day then wonders why there's no good films. Beyond that there's always old and/or foreign films but there is just no will to discuss them here.

>>>/film/

There are plenty of older films, yes, but outside of stuff like The Green Room, The Witch, some gook/pajeet cinema (that bahubali film is kino of the highest degree), or Bonehawk Tomahawk what modern stuff is good?

Phantom Thread, Good Time, Raw, Loveless, The Beguiled, The Handmaiden, Frantz, Silence, Endless Poetry, It's Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong, Nocturnal Animals, The Ornithologist, Zoology, The Neon Demon, Personal Shopper, Elle, High-Rise, The Lobster…

That's just the last two years of not really watching many films, it's really not that hard to find interesting stuff.

there has never been one kino yet ever since 2010, prove me wrong

Wow holy shit I wonder what she looks like n-

Turin Horse
Samsara
High Rise
Neon Demon
Silence

not quite my tempo user, try that again.

That feel when no brown gf

I hate those. That scene where they show the Pollos Hermanos sign was so fucking forced.
I bet the redditors were clapping like the ADHD riddled retards they are.
I want more Kim, Jimmy, Howard, Chuck. Fuck the pleb bait, the character study is what makes Better Call Saul so great.

It does seem a bit pandering but remember that BCS is intended not just as a prequel but a midquel and sequel too, at some point the cartel would have to enter the story.

I'm just glad they did it the way they did. Seeing the origins of their rivalry is great, and we see more of Hector's personality before he was confined to a chair. It doesn't collide into the main story in some intrusive manner, it neatly slots into Nacho and Mike's already existing plotlines.

But I agree Jimmy's story with Kim, Howard, Chuck etc. is far more engrossing than the Mike / Nacho sub-plot. But that too had its moments with episodes like Five-O. Vince is just a master at this shit.

The Nacho/Hector part I don't mind much, but they shoehorned Gus HARD. Vince is usually more subtle like that and I blame the "nothing happens" meme for him going all out like that.

Eh, can't say it really bothered me, I didn't think Gus had too much screentime considering his importance. Maybe they could've used Tyrus instead and keep Gus only in the scenes wjth Hector?

His whole look is more of an issue to me. Maybe it's a different TV but BCS Gus looks aged as fuck, his hair is all thinned out and he looks kinda greasy (I guess that bit is realistic considering where he works). He has aged the worst of all the cast I think.

Hey Skillinger…

It's not just that, I took issue with how forced his introduction was. It was contrived and made it really hard for me to suspend disbelief.

i need her to give me milkies

Better Call Saul is the best serial show in a long time.
The Foreigner is the best film in a long time.
It's a shame they have no real competition. Good quality used to be more common.

I like that messy room. It looks like the 90s puked it out

brutal

not directly related but I felt the scene where gus gets blown up and walks out and adjusted his tie was when BB jumped the shark.

Breaking Bad had unrealistic scenes long before that, as the Mythbusters special showed.
That said, I'm not a fan of that Gus scene either, but I understand the poetic meaning of it. It was analogous to a headless chicken running around in its final moments. It might have also been a callback to the Terminator reference Jesse made earlier.

Hard to forget Twin Peaks, but then you can't really call it a serial show or a movie, whatever it was it was good though.

Might as well kill yourself, partner