Fighting Game General: Wanna Be Crazy Edition

The previous thread has to hit 700 posts or be on page 13 before we make a new thread from now on.

The PC version is out on Steam. Costs U$49.99 for standard, U$64.99 with DLC (Kum, Dizzy, Raven, every Voice Pack, Color Pack and SIGN costume for Elphet)
Bonus Soundtrack during the 1st month for every purchase.
10% discount on the first week. People who own SIGN get additional 10% (20% total).

Congratulations to Saint for winning the The King of Iron Fist Tournament Grand Finals
Kuma and Panda announced. They're different characters now with different moves and rage arts.
Console version will feature an online tournament mode where people can play out tournament brackets with each other online, with single-elimination and double-elimination, both settings included.

Akuma revealed for Street Fighter V season 2. He'll come on December 20th.
Season 2 announced with Akuma and 5 more characters teased coming in 2017.
Many changes coming on December 20th like a big balance patch for the cast.

Patch 1.10 revealed at PSX with graphical improvements, two new colors for each character, many new icons, titles and Party Mode special effects. This update will be free.
KOF XIV World Championship detailed. In Tokyo, the 16 contenders will face each other to determine who's the strongest four players. Then, in Beijing, China the Grand Final will take place in mid-March.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. More info in February.

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.

Steam version released for U$29,99(-10% off, -35% if you already have Skullgirls until December 18th)
PC version adds new victory animations, colors, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved. All DLC are included and is the most currentupdated version of the arcades (ver 1.08).

New free costume for Thunder announced.
Skin pack coming in december
Definitive Edition available on Windows10 too.

More news coming in 2017.
Red Hood(Jason Todd) won Boon's "Robin poll" on twitter between him, Nightwing(Dick Grayson) in 2nd and Robin(Damien) in 3rd.

Arcana Heart 4 was announced at an event being held by Examu recently.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves available for PS4/Vita(Crossbuy/Crossplay, U$14.99) and PC(U$9.99)
PS4/Vita made by Codemystics. Features gallery, media player. Delay based netcode.
PC version handled by DotEmu. Rollback netcode used. It released with some bugs. DotEmu already addressed the issue and promised a patch will be coming soon.
Yakuza 6 was released in Japan. It features Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown playable as one of its the extra games. Local multiplayer only. Online supported only with the Share-play feature. Yakuza6 will be released in west, early 2018.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

iplaywinner.com/tatsunokovscapcom
eventhubs.com/guides/2009/may/20/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-strategy-guide-moves-combos-and-tips/
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/810167116561268737
twitter.com/examu_PR/status/810071723609423872
lounge.dmm.com/detail/272/
8ch.net/faq.html
clips.twitch.tv/bifuteki/LightNightingaleKreygasm
mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
nuuvem.com/bundle/mortal-kombat-xl
twitter.com/VOForce360/status/296574925857226752
archive.is/zErYF
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f7YK9N7s0T9yWFPKwCkYMnXAGN9ENuiE2vxnwMUWPhg/edit?pli=1#gid=839117261
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/22/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-free-dlc-out-today-ver-1-10-details/
youtu.be/4GgmwdbbQV4
archive.is/hB5KR
archive.is/N9WdT
nerfnow.com/comic/1971/
reddit.com/r/sf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mains part 1

mains part 2

I want the entirety of the SF FGC fanbase to die.
I want all of them to instantly explode on the spot.

I am 100% convinced at this point that not just SF, but fighting games as a whole, can't be saved unless SF fans die.
It's impossible to convince them to get better as human beings, and as fighting game enthusiasts, so the only possible solution is for them to finally fucking die so we can start over.

Here's mine fam

WHENZ TEKKEN PC

decided to fool around with necrid who's my main
always liked fast, acrobatic monster characters, and he fits the bill.

Always liked his design but I don't like 3 things about it
his green-ness
his arm
his head (he also doesn't like his appearance in his lore)

So I decided to change it more to my liking.
I gave him a closed helmet because He's described as not liking his malformed appearance.
made him gray so no more hulk green, got rid of the horns on his arm because even nightmares arm isnt that big

I'm still not buying. Also, I wanted to get into 2hu fightan and I'm assuming 12.3 is the one people play the most. Is the online good for it?

NOT THIS YEAR

do you have autism and feel that your team all have to be the same colour?

Never ever

The touhou thread is probably a better place to ask.

Fuck off autist

7.5 is the only good Touhou fighter. Everything else is shit.

Sucks that Zappa is so low on the list.

Anyone ever try fighting in real life? Have you ever tried to do a move you saw in a video game?

I recently tried the flicker jab that I saw in Hajime No Ippo, and I actually landed a couple hits.

Felt good man

Unless the move is from a character whose fighting style is based on a real martial art and the video game he's from depicts those martial arts at least semi-realistically, this is a really bad idea. Hell, it's a bad idea if all the conditions I've mentioned are met because their most well known moves are usually some flashy shit you'll never get off in a fight anyway.

That being said, I will admit to my faggotry because *once I did an Electric Wind Hook Fist, I even did a fucking crouch dash before I knocked the other guy out with it. He kept his jaw completely open so I thought I'd give him a surprise and for some reason I had this split-second decision to do this move I saw in Tekken complete with a little crouch dash before it. I'll most likely never do this again, though*

Wow, I completely fucked up the spoilers even though I know how to do them, I shouldn't post when I haven't eaten anything yet.

Sounds like you did fine. Crouch dashes are something boxers do as well. Probably scared the fuck out of him.

I was in boxing sparring when I did the flicker jab so it's not like it would have cost me my life or anything. He seemed distracted by my dropped guard, so it was easy to flick out a couple weird jabs.

Well, I'm a big fan of Cro Cop (he's from my country) so I took up kickboxing, so I usually knock fuckers out with headkicks. I still don't know what went through my head to decide "eh, I should do this cool move I saw in Tekken", especially since it was in an actual fight where'd I probably get really fucked up if I messed up and not just a sparring session.

Kicks are the most powerful thing the body can do, but kick boxer punches are lacking because kickboxers keep their legs too close together. (To avoid leg kicks)You really gotta bend the knees and spread out your stance to get grounded for a solid (boxing)punch.

I want to practice my kicks more but my heavy bag isn't suited for it (too hard, don't have the conditioning to rip out kicks yet)

Brutal Doom

Why didn't they stick Mayuri in Suzuha's time machine

I am forever too lazy to fill out that giant one.

I used to compete in Taekwondo, so no I've never been in a real fight.

hah no

Soon, but in the meantime have Talos Principle
Soon but in the meantime have Serious Sam VR
Soon but in the meantime have TFE VR

Starting to get a little annoyed

Was playing about 20 minutes ago, actually.

It's really a shame that the martial arts have turned into glorified day care centers.

Does no one appreciate the art of combat anymore? What happened?

well that's why I said it was new

Because the fact is specifically about how said creature reproduces. It's more of a biological lore fact than some special snowflake nonsense.

In the case of Tae Kwon Do, most schools now use the WTF standard aka the Worst Korean standard which is geared towards sport competition, which is why it's faggy. The ITF standard aka the Best Korean standard's main mission statement is still to instruct their students in self-defense, but it's rarer compared to the WTF standard.

I actually wouldn't mind a setting like that

The game isn;t just good in my opinion, its a love letter from the past and an experience that simply doesn't exist in modern gaming. I'd buy you a PS4 if I knew who you were because the intention to play this is enough to for anyone to want to share it with other people.

Oh fuck I forgot about that.
God damn how the mighty have fallen.

Yo fam, if somebody tells you that there aren't blonde wrestlers who attack with their butts, show them this.

Are there any good resources for Tatsunoko vs Capcom? I want to start practicing the game again and I'm looking for resources on combos.

The best I can find are these two websites
iplaywinner.com/tatsunokovscapcom

eventhubs.com/guides/2009/may/20/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-strategy-guide-moves-combos-and-tips/

Which are both just system and character specific guides.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

II is supposedly the worst one but I've never played it. VIII is the worst I experienced.

I wish there was better reporting on Arcana Heart 4. Because the few english "translations" about it have been worrying

Hey user, I only glanced at the Arcana Heart 4 whatnot but I know Japanese (passed JLPT N1 years ago), if you want a better translation, maybe send me some links and I might translate for you if I'm not too lazy or it's not too long

twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/810167116561268737
twitter.com/examu_PR/status/810071723609423872
lounge.dmm.com/detail/272/

I mostly just want to figure out what this person means by "Patreon style campaign."

What info about it has surfaced?
Only played a bit of 3. Good game but never got to get the hang of it. Very overwhelming even when I played a bit of GGXX before.

This? Thought we already had gameplay details. Sounds fishy indeed. Inafune fishy.

I'm itching for KoF XIV to get to PC. Is it worth getting KoF XIII in the meantime or should I just keep waiting?

A little unnecessary. Just cut out the "community leaders" like JWong, Max, Chen, etc. They're the driving forces to following Capcom till death while they have the money. Them and the big event organizers. The rest of the community, like most other game community members, are rather complacent.

KoF XIII isn't a bad KoF game, and it has the classic formula, but it plays differently than KoF 98 and 2002. It's a good game though, although you have to unlock Billy and Saiki.

XIII and XIV really feel different. Like XIV feels closer to 98 and 2002 than XIII does.
It's a fun game, but you'll be very apparent about the changes and problems it's has compared to other KoF games.

It's a little early but Merry Christmas user! Here's your translation.
I may paraphrase some sections if I'm too lazy.
But in short, I think their Patreon is pretty much what you would expect from a Patreon.

Note: This site seems to use the term "online salon" to refer to the Patreon-like pages that it hosts. I'm not sure if the term 'salon' is actually fitting in this context, but I'm also not sure anyone should ever expect Japanese Engrish to be 'fitting'.

On the right-hand side of the page
Season 1- Online Salon, Looking for members currently!
Membership 1,000 yen/month
Below this there's an "Owner Profile", but it just lists what games Takaya and Team Arcana has worked on, lazy so skipping it

main page banner image
Takaya-headmaster and Team Arcana
Fighting Game Development Room
Takaya being called headmaster/principle (of a school) is weird, usually you'd say director or producer or something, I believe the weirdness is intentional, like they're trying to build up his character to make him memorable while introducing him to the Internet. AKA a PR stunt

main page contents
```Online Salon Details```

```What is Team Arcana?```
Team Arcana is a team made up of members who developed games such as "Arcana Heart", "Nitro Plus Blasters", "AquaPazza", and "Daemon Bride".
This salon is for supporting the activities of Team Arcana.

```A word from the team advisor, Takaya-headmaster``` "Advisor" here is also a term commonly used in a high school setting, like the advisor for a club
I love playing fighting games.
But, I love making fighting games even more.

In the over twenty years I've been making games, I've begun thinking that "I want more people to know the fun of making games."

And, with Arcana Heart's 10-year anniversary, I thought of making a lounge where where we could share the "fun of making" with everyone.

The goal of this lounge is to start up a plan for a new fighting game and to "aim for completion while having fun with the participants."

We need everyone's support and collaboration.
Thank you.

videos here, skipping translation cuz I'm lazy and one of them is 9 minutes long, the other is 40s

```Live reporting of the new fighting game's development```
We'll start making a new fighting game with Takaya-headmaster at the heart of it.
We'll move forward with the following while mixing in the opinions of participating members AKA Patreon/Online Salon members :
* Planning drafts
* Character Creation
* Specification Document Creation
* Test Play
Also, we will do progress reports of all processes related to the game's production up until we reach the point of recruiting production staff and fundraising.

```Participation Bonuses``` AKA Patreon Rewards
* Arcana Heart Spin-Off- Arcana Quest Drama CD- Fiona's Big Adventure
* Arcana Heart 10-year anniversary event video
* The sale of lounge-exclusive items I haven't used Patreon enough to know what they call the 'lounge' over there, but basically it's a place only paying participants/Patreon contributors can access
* Conversations between Takaya-headmaster and the game creators

```Recommended for these people``` skipping the details on each of these items cuz lazy
1. You like fighting games
2. You're looking to enter the gaming industry, you have an interest in making games
3. You're a fan of the games Team Arcana has worked on

```Entry conditions/precautions``` also paraphrasing this cuz lazy
* After entering the salon, make a request to join the Facebook group.
* This salon is only for participating members, don't leak insider info outside.
* Don't be a troll, no mean comments, muh Patreon experience
* We may decline entry to inactive Facebook accounts or Facebook accounts that weren't created for legitimate reasons.

OK, time to post this and see how badly I messed up the formatting…

Someone teach me how to bold, it's the only formatting for this post I didn't know how to do, I looked at this image to try and do it, and failed ;_;

Have you tried enabling the use of control+B?

Wrong apostrophe
Use ' instead of `
Or you can enable formatting like said.

Thanks user, that's a bit more clearer. Still makes me worried as fuck tho.

just click the option button in the top right of the page and turn on the toolbar in pic related. It's the causal way to do everything.

y'know 8ch has a a faq page, newfag 8ch.net/faq.html

it's on there under "How do I format my text?" you were close though, instead of tildes it's apostrophes.

If nothing else, I think Patreon-like platforms make more sense than Kickstarter for game dev projects- game dev is by nature very high-risk, and Kickstarter expects you to deliver if your fundraising goal is reached (leaving backers ripped off when you flop), whereas Patreon is more akin to a donation box- you aren't expecting too much of anything in return, you're mostly just donating to someone if you think that's the right thing to do.

it's nice to have the ability to donate at all, especially for the fighting game genre where you're not exactly promised a million sales when you ship.

Welp, I guess someone messed up that guide I was looking at then, it's pretty clearly is showing ` rather than '.
At least I know now…

I was aware of the FAQ page, just wasn't aware of it having a section on text formatting. Although maybe if I would use my head a bit I would realize it might have a section for that

Exactly. How else am I supposed to half-press to victory?

But wait, I just realized, they mentioned "reaching the point of doing a fundraiser" on the Online Salon page, they're going to do a Kickstarter sort of thing as well aren't they.
Fuck.

mains

Lets talk training mode?
How long you in it?
What do you practice in it the most?
How do you feel about it?

when the fuck is Pink Season, Frank?

Pink songs from the guy are reworked songs he didn't initially like in his own regular albums so it's probobly after his next proper album

How the hell do I get used to starting at the right side in fighting games? On the left I do much better, but if I get to the right I can't get my shit together and constantly misinput and miss stuff.

I don't use training mode. I usually pick up on tactics and combos I see other players do when I go against them.

switch controller ports.

I just start on the right side when given the option and train on the left equaling my experience on both ends

mash shit out in training on the right side until your inputs are solid. shit's pretty fucking obvious.

Depends; If the game has online training, then I do a couple hours of sparring with people. If not just a few minutes to get down any new inputs.
New inputs or practicing timing for parrying/counters/just defend gimmicks
it's pretty essential for most games.

Training mode or vs cpu

Condensed mains because I was bored.

So why is Samurai Shodown III so hated? From what I can gather it is considered the black sheep of the main series (not counting the 3D titles). I like the darker artstyle and mood, it looks fucking gorgeous, having the option for an alternate character moveset is really nice, I like all the new additions to the roster and the music fits so perfectly. From what I've played so far the gameplay seems fine, so what's wrong with it?

I thought SamSho VI was the most hated one?

I'm in it pretty often since I only really play at locals now which are fortnightly. I like to practice combos and setups I've found online and in Discord groups for characters. I need to practice reactions more though since training for what's coming from opponents helps reaction time a lot. Right now though I'm practicing Zato stuff in Xrd but I kind of want to focus more on Testament in +R; also just eternally grinding shit out for Rachel in BBCF.

All 5 of us AH fans are excited.

Waifufags man. Still, Dizzy has 10/10 thighs.

I would say look up combo videos or tourneys. I haven't found much info for the game besides that.

Thanks for translating user. I hope the fans or dev team don't fuck this up.

Almost never go to training mode since I have a friend to play with. So we just fight over and over and I just improvise combos on the spot. If I know what links to what, learning a new combo isn't too hard. I would consider challenges training too. After playing playing 101 matches of BB:CF with a friend yesterday, I've gotten all of Susanoo's normal mode difficulty challenge combos down to the point where I can easily pull them off under pressure.

Getting used to the pace of BB after playing easier fighters like Koihime Enbu and Fighting Climax Ignition took some time. About 2 hours of constantly fighting.

You know what else is 10/10? That smile.

Someone please webm this. It's too funny. Shine demolishes the table at NEC.

clips.twitch.tv/bifuteki/LightNightingaleKreygasm

Next time use this to download things that you want:
mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/

Download them in webm format (640x360) and if they're too large then use this:
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter tick Enable Audio and set max filesize to 12 mb.

I'll spoonfeed you once, but not again.

Cheers.

Maybe I can finally play it when it's relevant. Which will probably still be never because people here are afraid to play anime that's not GG.

Makes me sad since I think Xrd is on the weaker end for the big anime titles

Balance is shit, stages are too grimdark and don't fit most of the characters, the translation is very shitty and pretentious, shitty roster (None of the new characters are likable), most of the different styles were pointless out of certain characters (Haohmaru, Galford, and Nakoruru), and matches were way too short. Samsho 4 almost every problem despite it cost the series some decent animation. SS3 had some decent animation and a good OST if you can find the arranged stuff from the PSX game.

Sen is the most hated followed by 6. At least 6 brought back Gen-An and Earthquake even though it was Mugen piece of shit mess.

Which is the best SamSho? I'm curious about the series now.

yeah i really disliked 6, i actually think they had some good ideas with it, but they didn't implement them very well

people argue between 2 or 5 special, i'd choose 2 because it has more characters i like,

i miss you cham cham

I miss Kuroko the most

Pretty much what said. I prefer 2 because it still looks petty good. 5 Special is great, but it didn't age very well (Some animations are really bad).

Gen-An was the best. Screw you guys. Earthquake and Seiger were cool too.

Fun fact: the Japanese really despise Gen-An, which is why he never popped up out of cameos until 6 (like the West hates Ashe).

GG has a fantastic tutorial, great music, and is actually played outside of arcades. AH has none of that and is a bad place for people new to fighters.

AH is extremely aggressive and doesn't share a lot of things common with other fighters. Like how there's barely any footsies, or it's different from most fighters. You jump, launch yourself at the opponent at very fast speeds while throwing out a meaty attack. All while you can change your trajectory to go for a cross-up. Unlike most fighters, a lot of the combat is done in the air (mainly in 3 and not so much in 2) and stages are bigger than MvC3 stages. Then there's the whole arcana system that creates so much variety that it's hard for many players to deal with the gimmicks thrown at them.

What do you think is on the "strong" end? UNI[ist]?

I cant even do any combos in AH3
Theres no point, online is dead, nobody near me, and my friends suck. I dont feel like joining a group either, I just want to play randomly and anonymously

I also dropped it because the only character that suited my playstyle was Dorothy and while fun, cardspamming the AI on hard gets boring after a while

Why?

The SFV grand finals at NEC was actually pretty good. You guys should check it out if you're not doing anything else.

you deserve to feel lonely.

i hadn't checked but do you guys only play the same 4 games regularly?

Vampire savior, garou, melty and GG? How many people shows up in these events?

I don't feel lonely, I just don't play, and lets not pretend I'm wrong.
What this other user said earlier.

TL:DR - Fuck your groups, why couldn't you just leave me the fuck alone and let me bitch for 1 second.
Fuck you user.
You're gay ass micro cock and ego larger than Tyra Banks forehead.
Nobody fucking asked you.
I didn't post a question.
I didn't want your cock gobbling insults or shit-tier suggestion.

Ram your cock into an electric socket and shock yourself to death.

chill fam

There was a poll for which characters were popular to the Japanese, and Gen-An ranked pretty low. They also went with the pretty boy approach a la Samurai X/Kenshin when developing 3. Interestingly enough, Earthquake was popular, but SNK didn't like him too much (They designed Kusagaredo to replace Earthquake in 5).

s-sorry..

It has weekly poverty which is a different game each week and usually if you ask for a game you'll get one, it's only more for events there are less games because the number of people who regular on other games drops to below 8 too much to be worth making an event.

Cry more fag

I don't even play it anymore because my friend does want to play it after his bitch ass ex-wife destroyed his disk in a tantrum. Not a problem now that SIX STARS!!!!!! is leaked and everyone can just play it on PC. However, no way to play online with others yet if ever.

I did play against someone on 4chan who would kick my Fire Heart/Metal Fiora's ass with Mirror/Sacred Akane. He taught me a good deal but I'm much better at fighters in general now than I was back then years ago. Saying that, I've forgotten how to play it. From the few times I ask if anyone wants to play these days here, no one replies.

Heavily depends on the game. Melty still has people playing and there's always Fightcade.

A lot of things turned into glorified day care centers.

i've put 70 hours into training mode and never touched netplay or played anyone else

Pick one.

try krav maga

you make 4 mistakes during your practitioner test
tough titties, and theyll fail you

Forgetting to punch someone in the testicles?

yup
fun parts are when the instructor tells you to hit the face or balls if you fuck up a technique
cus half the techniques are to the soft spots

everyone wheres a box
everyone

I would think that
necessity breeds improvement
and when something isn't necessary
the skill gets lost or its substance gets perverted by style

Judo or die, motherfucker.

Any word on fixing the quality of life issues of SFV? Couldn't give a rat's ass to the gameplay changes…

will order sol ever be added to xrd? I won't play it till he's added or somebody else who I think is fun is.

Nobody will ever be added.

It's done?

Why not try out new characters? Returning characters get changed up as well so you may like the way someone else plays now. I used to play Robo-Ky but I think I could get used to I-no despite not liking her in Reload.

i dunno, sins kinda fun, not enough to make me buy the game.
I pirated it awhile back, maybe I should again to try the new characters

anyway something completely different.
Is there a comprehensive list of SC3 glitches and why they were bad enough to keep the game from going competitive? Cause all I could find was the mitsu throw glitch, and I hardly found it game breaking. But I did hear something about a really bad block glitch but couldn't find anything on it.

No it's not done but they're not adding any more characters. They're actually going to start removing them instead. Who can understand the mysterious Asian mind.

So is the next game going to be another X
I'm okay with Guilt Gear XXXX Gold

I have the opposite.
I main Faust in all the XX games, but hate how he feels in XRD, and never play him.

Well, GG Xrd Revelator acquired. Time to be pummeled.
By the way people, I'm not into fighting sticks that much, but I've build mine some years ago.
Are yours as classy as this nip's piece of equipment?

life and hometown can both be fixed with mods, user.

MS just revealed Kilgore is real in KI and coming in January. There are also at least two more characters coming in 2017 as well.

Fu'un Super Combo (Savage Reign & Kizuna Encounter) is coming out on the PS4 tomorrow. Don't get excited it's just a PS2 Classic like what they did for KoF 2000 and SSVI

Post ports of fighting games that make you wonder why they exist.

In honor of Kilgore's announcement

but those ports were alright

Is that a screenshot of 97 under the KoF95 logo?

there is a 97 right in the pic

wot you can't be serious,when i thought IG couldn't add more pointless shot to this game after shadowlords and the recolor skins

PS2 Classic versions where way better than DotEmu crap, in fact most SNK ports to PS2 are the best versions of these games.

I bought GG for the Wii. Was what I played in college.

I was more so just talking about online play when I was talking about not getting excited. But if people wanted to play them online why the fuck wouldn't they just use fightcade
I just hope since their bringing over all the jap only PS2 ports that they'll bring over the Twinkle Star Sprites sequel.

So is Season 2 fixing SFV or what?

not possible

At least this is up for pre-order now.

I like Basara though.

I mained Gen-An in 2, his move where he molts his skin and then does that aerial attack was sick as hell. Seiger was my backup, was disappointed to see neither of them in 3 or 4. Never liked Earthquake that much, characters with a move where you have to mash a button don't really appeal to me because I always have a move come out beforehand and fuck it up. Seiger does have a mash move, but there is an input before it so a normal doesn't pop out. Also in 4 they changed the mash input moves so you press forward beforehand, which means that you can buffer it with a quick run forward which was a godsend for me, really great design decision IMO.

Very excited that SNK wants to work on a new Samsho game after XIV, but I really wish it was in 2D. XIV is great but it is downright butt ugly in comparison to XIII. I hope they remember that the core of Samsho is about careful and calculated deadly single strikes instead of high speed combo madness.

I bought Brawl for the Wii. Was what I played when I was a pleb who didn't even know who Daigo was

Savage Reign was fucking garbage but Kizuna Encounter was goddamn great aside from inputs being a little stiff. I've never such a complete 180 in terms of quality outside of SF to SF2.

That is a really cool fight stick. I don't have one because I prefer to gid gud first before buying or making one.

This is a real-life recreation of the historical painting with the Cossacks writing a hilariously insulting and crude letter to their enemy, isn't it? Nice.

Just buy a cheap one and some decent parts. I'm about to build a shitbox. Gonna check up on my dads toolbox, when I visit over the holidays.
A PCB from a 360 controller should work, right?

damn that's nice

Not going to lie, I was the guy who bought as many games for the wii as I though were interesting. I bought GG, Brawl, Castlevania Judgement, Played my dorm directors copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and the only reason I didn't buy the Samurai Showdown and King of Fighters collections was because I had never played those games.

Low key, the Wii had some good fighting game support if you could live without functional online.

I wonder if they could add her to this game now.

Just reading the Killer Instinct 3.6 patch notes, they rebalanced a lot of shit, and by the looks of it shit's gonna be a mess for the next months, KI is great but goddamn IG likes to drop nerfs like nobody's business

R.Mika's figurine got nerfed…

KI 3.6 can't be as good as the SFV season 2 patch….
SFV S2 notes are finally here! Finally a 2p rematch menu, net-code improvements, graphical fixes, input lag reduction, an actual store, and many more requested improvements!!
It's a LIE!

And still Hisako remains un-nerfed and the system change on Breaker potential damage gives her a huge benefit.

Why is she so perfect?

SFV Season 2:

Thank god I switched from Bison to Urien.

Anyone got any advice for learning pic related in UNIEL?

Yeah, git gud.

Actually it's that a lot of his combos are wall dependent from what I've seen, and because he has awful range, you have to be very patient when you strike. If done properly, you hit like a truck. My only problem with him is his parry is tied to 2 blocks of GRD, which seems retardedly high even if you tie it to a meter. I personally prefer Pocket Rumble's Parker who gets 3 bars per round of parry attempts. A parry uses a bar and upon successful blocks, you get that bar back, so you can fuck up 3 times before losing your parries. On the flipside, if you're good with parries, you have nothing to worry about.

Any patch where your main gets buffs is a good patch.
condolences to Alex and Bipson mains though. Those nerfs were unnecessary

What is the Christmas kof 14 surprise and how does new Andy look like?

The Christmas Surprise seems to be Athena 98 costume for free and some themes. Unless they announced something else that I missed.

Lame, i don't care about kof14 anymore, smh tbh fam.

As a huge fan of Soul calibur 2, your post made me want to try out necrid despite ignoring him because of his design. Great work, I'd use your edit.

where is the athena costume SNK

are ps4 games compatible with the qanba Q4RAF? Mostly interested in KoF, GG and BB

Wait for the PSN update. Probably happens in an hour or so.

I thought it already updated since the new sales are up and I just bought Fu'un Super Combo.

Well fugg, I don't know what to tell you.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be up any minute now

I've been wanting to get a PS3 for christmas. Are there any fighting games on it that would make a PS3 worth purchasing?

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

It also has Sonic the Fighters and Fighting Vipers. If they had Fighters Megamix, it'd be fantastic.
Also Soul Calibur 5, if you're into that kind of thing.

Aren't there some nip-only fightans on PS3 as well? You can look into those.

user, I decided to do you a favor and do the work for you. I don't know about every fighting game ever, but I hope I got it right. Also, if anyone else is too lazy to make a template, I could do it for you.

thanks a lot user, it looks great

It's not like it's impossible to emulate, the other user just wanted a list of fightans.

But it's a shit fighter regardless on how it fucked over other games.

Did I say that I suggested only good games? I made a list of things to get on PS3. UMvC3 would be on it if it weren't for the fact that it's too expensive to buy physically for what it's worth and it's now on PS4 anyhow. Having more games does add to the worth of a console, even if you think it's all shit.

I don't think Sonic The Fighters is shit; It's objectively shit that's why it sold like complete ass and killed off the western releases for the rest of the Model 2 games. Shit games do not make a system worth it or pad out it's library.

They're just shit games that nobody should play. You could have suggested any other fucking fighting game in the PS3's library, yet you think a playable skid mark is a valuable suggestion.

Then suggest some games or gtfo, you massive cock mongler.

Exclusive/best version/most active community;
Aquapazza
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Fighting Vipers
Virtua Fighter 2
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Available on other shit;
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
Nitroplus Blasterz
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
Soulcalibur V
Soulcalibur II HD ONLINE
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Guilty Gear XX Λcore Plus
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Tekken Tag Tournament HD
Tekken 6
Capcom vs SNK 2

All better than Sonic the fighters even if some are pretty mediocre games.

i got one last year. there's a lot of good fightan on ps3, especially if you get a psn jp account. there's also ac4a which justifies a purchase in of itself tbh
the caveat being that it's gonna get pretty obsolete of the next couple of years assuming tekken 7, nu mahvel and kof xiv are gonna be where the playerbase is; it'll be a good legacy machine though.

OK, this is for the people on South America only: Probably the cheapest MK XL for PC I've ever seen. And the place is trustworthy, it's where I got mine MK X:

nuuvem.com/bundle/mortal-kombat-xl
This is like 7 dollars for the whole pack. It's insane.

Are there any modern Fighting games that aren't based around combos? Or at the very least, has combos that are simple and over very quickly?

Gargos is now a fucking powerhouse that will never let you heal potential damage with all the shit he can put on screen, my mains got nerfed hard in the last 2 patches, at least i still play a decent Hisako since i began playing with her as my tutorial character, guess i'll have to go back to the roots.

Pocket Rumble. Max is like 6 hits, maybe 7, since that would be 2 touches = death. Alternatively, Trajes Fatais but that game is even less finished. There's also the 3D brawler fightans Combat Core and Last Fight, but I figure that's not what you're looking for.

Have you tried Real Bout 2?, Fatal Fury 3, Garou also Waku 7.

Modern games? Not that i can tell, probably KOF XIV is the smallest offender.

KOF didn' use to have really long combos, except for the top tier characters, and that was a big part of the reason they are top tier. A combo that spends super meter to keep going is fine in my book as long as shit doesn't get ridiculous.

Citation needed. You don't need a legitimate reason to hate furfags, just don't make shit up.

The HD Model 2 games for the ps3/360, not Model 2 games in general. We never got Virtual On Operation Moongate HD and Virtua Striker HD because the sales of Sonic the Fighters were brutally lower than the previous ports.
twitter.com/VOForce360/status/296574925857226752
archive.is/zErYF

Oh right, I forgot Sega was retarded.

I thought he got nerfed hard?

Basara deserved a better game or a better Samsho game with decent animation. 4 wasn't bad: just really ugly with the animations. If you pause the frames during one of Seiger's burst moves, the flame turns into a woman. I thought that was really cool when I saw a picture of his move years ago. For some reason, the Japanese love Earthquake. Hence why they made Kusagaredo to Earthquake and Gen-An fans (too bad he was only good in Special)

I don't know if I should feel disappointed or irritated by this shitty character. I'm gonna be really disappointed if they make a Glacius clone that's more of a rush down (Why not just make a new character that isn't shit?).

Kizuna needs more love. Rosa, Joker, and all 3 ninjas were cool.

So tl;dr, this big patch fixed…nothing out of Laura?

Ummm…Alex was always a loser in SFV Season 1.

My only regret is that I can't refund the turd that is SFV.
The jews at scamcom deserve to have their HQ burned to the ground.

You deserve the misery for supporting such a sleazy company by buying that piece of shit.

I bought KI, so I deserve my misery for that ugly piece of shit. Fuck MS, IG, and Keits.

What made you ignore the warning signs like the censorship, pre - order bonuses, and putting characters like Alex, Urien, and Juri as DLC?

Feels good that I didn't get conned into it. There are only two things capcom could do that would actually get me to give them money again; Rival Schools/Project Justice HD collection with School mode correctly translated or if they let Arika do another Street Fighter EX

Nobody thought that and they nerfed him anyway

I don't get it. If anything, Nash deserves nerfs out the ass with Chun, Ryu, and Mika.

You want to see Rival Schools ruined by Ono?

I said ports; not a new game.

Ono would still ruin said ports.

You want to see Rival Schools ruined by Ono?

Compared to capcom's other ports the only really thing they've ever ruined was Felicia's ass in the gallery for Darkstalkers HD. There isn't anything remotely close to that.

Plus these are ports that will never EVER happen so there isn't anything to worry about period/

If Ono sees an opportunity to milk the fgc and nostalgia, you bet he'll do it. I won't be surprised to see someone from SF: Ex in Season 2, and Ono tries to make this character look brand new to get suckers into buying said ports.

I could see him stealing that Q model and adding him before an EX character ever returning.

Well they tried to steal that Alex model some guy made.

Don't put KI in the same bag as SF V. It could be better, but SF V is in a class of it's own.
The only real sin of KI was the fact that the retards at M$ thought that Win10 only as even slightly a good idea.
If KI was also available for Win 7, I think the game would have a really good fanbase now.

Glad we're finally getting that Phoenix Wright fighting game, Capcom.

What was the best game in the Guilty Gear XX series?

inb4 its Sagat

i would pay 7 dollars to take away mkxl from me

What do people generally think of the way GG Xrd does story i.e. arcade mode has the gameplay with light story and the story itself is just a big long visual novel/anime? Does anyone even care about it?

I actually never had anything to do with it until now that I've been watching it recently and I actually think the story itself is pretty ok besides the confusion that comes with all the existing universe stuff and terminology they throw around though the keyword thing helps a lot with that. I've been wondering if it would be possible to have a story like that but have gameplay in it as well. I guess it would be really hard because you'd have to come up with reasons for the fights and you'd end up with something like the SFV story abomination.

Panic and Pain got nerfed and he's still Garbos and can't get out unless he has Instinct Burst if you have him pinned down. So he's good but you can pin him down much better now. Riptor still eats him for breakfast (Though it's Riptor so almost every matchup is still 5-5).

I think I would have been disapointed too but they may be making him and the additional two characters free since the new update now lets you earn and unlock paid characters for good in Shadow Lords if you fill a meter. You can unlock Orchid now without paying a cent if you get it to 75% and they will reset it from time to time.

I'd imagine that's how we're going to get Kilgore for free and otherwise pay money for him. If they did that for the "clone" characters they are making, I wouldn't be too mad (OK mad enough I have to grind shadow lords) but still would be better. Kilgore looks fun though, and his theme is really Terminator like.

I think with all the hints IG have been dropping and no word on Season 4 at all. They are likely wrapping the current game up with some fanservicey characters and are working on a new KI for 2018. Especially since IG staff have been pretty vocal about how limited HexEngine is these days and they wish they could be working on KI in Unreal 4.

If it wasn't Windows 10 and Xbone only; I would have actually got into it.

I have a bit of a problem, I've had a Qanba Q1 stick for about a year or two now, been playing SFV using joytokey till the update, now my stick works, but the buttons are in a fucked up order, start is bound to the 3Kick button, so I cant unbind it, the other buttons were in weird places too, I was able to fix most of em… Anyone else have this problem, any solutions to it? Thanks in advance my dudes.

I'm pretty sure my Q1 worked with SFV fine without any tricks. I stopped playing SFV shortly after I got the stick tho and moved on to greener pastures so I might be misremembering.

Capcom, Capkill yourself

Athena's 98 costume is out if anyone else was waiting for it

maybe I should just get myself a new stick for Christmas, y'know what, if I can't fix it by then, i'll drop all the money I can for a better stick, what would you goys recommend

Pretty sure the problems is not the stick.

this stick is still a piece of shit though

I think you deserve it for falling for hype.

Not my fault a beta and demo were better then the actual released game.

From what I understand it's happening to everyone now. Seems like Crapcom fucked more than just the mods with this update.

hori

Will you say this afer you buy MvCI?

Never bought a marvel game and don't plan too, especially not Squirrel girl vs Donte

SOUL
CALIBER

The combos in this video are not likely to be continued, as one of the game's features is by shaking the control stick, you can lessen the "crumple" time of your character when the electricity pops up, and by holding the guard button you can guarantee a guard even when on the ground.

A lot of these combos also rely on the other character not performing a ukemi, aka rolling the fuck away or redirecting themselves in the air. There's loads of ways to leave combos in this game, making it mostly about entry and pressure rather then combo memorization.

The exceptions are Z.W.E.I and Viola, Zwei being a slight exception because his gimmick is Jojo esque spirit summoning where you can use complicated inputs to strike low and high at almost the same time, and Viola's damage is super low, so she has to rely on combo shenanigans or she's near worthless, which actually works well because as a result she has a great pressure game.

Soul Caliber 5 added a super meter and all that entails, so you'll se a lot of EX versions of moves here, which you can use to lengthen combos, but are honestly better used to do the super move.

Most combos can be COUNTERED DURING THE COMBO, which is the beauty of Soulcaliber.

hang on forgot vid

and what exactly is your problem with it?

also a combo video to get you to understand how the short combos work.

mainly the stick, the buttons were meh(they can be a little wonky at times), the stick is just too loose for me, plus after fucking around with korean sticks for a while at arcades, I kinda prefer them,

The series also has the best opening of any fighting game.

Of course you would Satan.

You faggots just love showing off you're pretty new outfits.

*your

I'm not really angry over the Win 10 only. I'm angry over Season 3 looking like a fucking ugly mess with shit balance (Tusk and Eyedol are the only ones who had decent models from Season 3), ugly as fuck custom items, uglier as fuck skins/colors, and more microtransactions than a Freemium mobile game (I think even Shadow Lords has microtransactions). One patch damn near added input delay until they fixed it. I also hate Rash, Raam, and Arbiter whether or not they're good or bad characters. Dreamcast games look better than KI Season 3 (Kim looks like complete shit, and it's not like her original design was any better).

I don't get it. The first two seasons looked good, but this one looks like shit.

Is it true that Shadow Lords has microtransactions to help you beat stages? I might try it out to get Shago because fuck giving IG and MS any more money for this shitty fighter.

He truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Reminds me of some horrible claymation gone wrong. Nowhere near as bad as the load times I've been hearing about SFV lately. I really hope the upcoming sale hits Revelator, I don't want to go find the PS3 version.

>"I know! We'll give the character a horribly designed default so they have to buy the alternate! Genius!"

They should make a Juri costume that fixes her comically large and dopey looking feet.

Don't forget the nonsensical story-mode costume that doesn't even appear in the story mode.
I want to see Ono and his market research overlords catapulted into the sea. We need a hero that crashes on of their tournaments and just takes a shit on stage.

Someone thought this would look good out of a piece of paper. You'd think Akuma would have a bit of an Oni-like look to him after 4, but nope. He had to be a retarded Lion Potato.

After they fix Ken first. I think Ken is just doomed to look fugly.

Athena is a sloot

Sunflower koala

but he looks normal in SF3, Oni is like E.Ryu, a "what if" character.

It has gatcha packs containing buffs and "Guardians" but you have to really suck to resort to buying them with real money.

They confirmed you can get Kilgore through Shadow Lords as well without spending real money as well (Though he won't unlock for Versus/Online for two weeks).

The VA for Kan-Ra's impression of the RE4 Merchant in Kan-Ra's voice is hilarious though

Aside from the awful balance, well, there are some stuff.

Might as well suggest the Japanese PS2classic games of SNK like KOF2002, 98UM, XI, SamSho Collection, and MI regulation A
Also, KOFXIII, Skullgirls and the Blazblue games.

2002 Athena and '98 Goro Daimon would like to have a word with you.
But yeah, KOF is now more combo-oriented even if XIV is less prominent than XIII by valuing a more "neutral" game and fireballs.

Anyway to buy stuff off Jap PSN without getting fully kiked over yet?

Not really but here pal:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f7YK9N7s0T9yWFPKwCkYMnXAGN9ENuiE2vxnwMUWPhg/edit?pli=1#gid=839117261

why can't japan just use paypal like every other region

They did, that's why the "option" is with a strike. But they removed it a few years ago.

If you have better options I'm open to suggestions. Got this spreadsheet last year and it's the only thing I used to get my japanese KOF games.

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/22/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-free-dlc-out-today-ver-1-10-details/
Oda plz, PC port when

why would they refuse easy money? why. I just want to buy jap psn games without paying more money than I should.

Capcom has suddenly realized the importance of having a casual audience for SFV, and they are asking you to help fix the game. What do you change?

Scrap it. Then let Arika do Street Fighter EX 4 and make them add all the fun extra modes Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max had.

I go back to the master of SF2, David Sirlin, and we make a Street Fighter and Fantasy Strike crossover with no highs and lows and no motions. That's sure to rake in the money!

Fuck HD remix. Giving Guile an overhead was pretty cool but everything else was shit.

Make an entirely new game, using SF3 as a base mechanics wise. Pull shit from better games if you have to, like say King of Fighters.

Or just go make Capcom's answer to Soul Caliber. Or fuck, Street Fighter x Soul Caliber.

Basically just add more Soulcaliber.

Just go balls out retarded like SF4 Remix and have a test your might mode

I wonder how someone like Zangief or Hugo would work as a guest character in SC.

A bit like Astaroth, but with way more command grabs.

There's a few techniques in Soul Caliber that lead into throws on hit, they'd use that liberally.

Do you really want him with current Capcom at the helm?

I just want Mike Haggar. I grew up on Final Fight but he's only in UMVC3.

He could be the big guy in the shot here .

That is even worse than what Capcom is currently doing.

Not really.

Lower the stupid price first and the time locked sales on stuff like costumes and stages,
I.E. if you don't buy the christmas outfit pack for like $25 BEFORE Jan 17 then you can never buy it again

Sell DLC characters individually because fuck paying for 6 overpriced characters to play only 1 out of these, idk if this already is implemented though.

Fix the retarded looking models and bring back censored stuff, this is not up for discussion, it must be done.

Only then i may consider looking at this game and feel like spending money on it.

How?

Better he be in uMvC3 piloted by KaneBlueRiver than the current SFV developers…
youtu.be/4GgmwdbbQV4

what if you bought it then returned it before you put 2 hours into it because within those 2 hours of playing it you realized it was shit because you don't have to put much time into a game to realize it's shit.

honestly I don't understand why it takes some people 100 hours to realize that a game doesn't want you to play it

Melee has DI which means even when your getting combo'd you still have the ability to get out of it, and smash DI is an even better technique that even the pros haven't mastered fully

there's also SC2 which probably had the greatest hold on a competitive scene out of all the SC's

5 characters for SFV Season 2?

What were they thinking?

not even capcom

That if they make his default fucked up you'll pay money to make him look 'normal'.

any fixes on this yet? im still having problems, I just wanna play my cammy

Go into the game settings, you probably have to fix your d-input layout.

Are any of the Blazblue games on sale during the steam winter sale worth a buy?

Shit fighter 5 is on sale for under 20 dollars, yet revelator is still 50/65. What is Arc System Works doing?

Selling a superior product for more money.

They also keep releasing outdated trash on PC, than follow it up with more and more.
I've already bought a few of their games than a week later they release another only to find out that isn't the 'newest' one either.

Arc System pisses me the fuck off with their shit. Greedy little fuckers.
I'd rather buy an actual generic 20$ moe fighter.

revelator only just came out on pc
although it's still pretty expensive

meant for

You can always buy Melty Blood since we'll never ever get any more versions.

Anyone got any experience with blade arcus from shining battle arena? It's on sale so I was thinking about picking it up to play with a friend

I've heard it's shockingly a competent fightan but I've never played it myself. If it's real cheap, why not?

Reminder that the japs call Street Fighter, Duty Fighter.

I'd like to say I'm a patience but I'm nearly at the end of my tether with capcom. This is utterly ridiculous.

less than $20 but without any of the DLC characters or anything else, and the price of DLC in this game is outrageous

explain pls

When will NIS make this happen?

It's a decent fighter that is easy to pick up and play. You die fucking fast in this game and characters like Rage and Fenrir can be nearly touch of death with their 75% damage combos.

how

my local scene only plays street fighter and smash so I don't really have much a choice if I want to improve against high level players locally,

Revelator is 100% up to date, and even if it was out of date it'd be 2 years until consoles got another revision, or a year and a half at the very earliest.

Well, Type-Moon is milking Fate and ignoring Tsukihime as a whole and Miryu Matsuki, the voice actress of Hisui died last year.

Can't wait to see yet another shitty Saber and foxgirl and damn that sucks.

Why don't you try bringing in another fighting game and see if they like it or not?

So Krav Maga is one of those martial arts that wont work on itself.

I'm glad my the most modern capcom titles my scene plays are Project Justice, Street Fighter EX3 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom

pls respond.

archive.is/hB5KR
Glad the comments are calling it out

I fucking love how that's always the excuse they give for street fighter not dying

For the current cost? Just get Chronophantasma Extend, what's nice about BB is that each game adds on to the last without taking away anything so you won't be missing any of the characters from previous games and they are generally better balanced. It should noted that BB has a much bigger and complex story line than other fighters, and by that I mean it makes Kingdom Hearts seem simple to understand and comprehend, so if you wanna get in that you may want to see a few jewtube vids to get some bearing on what the fuck is happening and why you should care. On a whole: the game is pretty fun and while the story is a clusterfuck the characters are fun both personality and gameplay wise, can't comment on the online scene because I have the PS3 version

That's the sign of an article that everyone knows is going to be opinionated bullshit.

Too bad these shitty and worthless articles won't generate more Shit Fighter 5 sales.
I really wonder how long it'll take Capcum to drop the game. They're very lucky that the game was funded by Sony.

Why do you think they announced a new MvC?

>it still won't be as good as Rising Thunder, an unfinished game with only 6 characters and 1 stage and was heavily influenced by SF4

I've tried bringing guilty gear but only four of us play it and one of them doesn't like it much as other anime fighters. another one is one of the major smash players and too busy playing that instead. so it's more like two of us actually.

Unfortunately Rising Thunder's entire engine is being adapted to a League of Legends fighting game to "grow the brand."

At least that's the only reason I can guess for tencent buying them last year.

archive.is/N9WdT

I hope Tencent stays away from fighting games forever, these chinks are cancer and trying to nab every share of tech market they can

I would like to see the numbers for kof 14.
I hope it sold well enough.

All we know is SNK was happy with the launch sales and that the game already has a bigger scene than KoF XIII in japan, which is partly the reason it's getting an arcade release. But yeah, we still need some solid numbers

speaking of numbers, nice quads.

That was my first thought exactly, but considering this is Capcom you never know what's on their mind. They're really good at wasting money and making the worst decisions. Would be amusing if they dropped this piece of shit after Season Pass 2 content release. Tears of SF fags would be delicious, the ones who claim that Capcom is going to fix this piece of shit especially.

The best thing we know for sure is that KoF14 isn't a trainwreck unlike Shit Fighter 5 and it has bright future. Let's just hope it won't take them one fucking year to release the game on PC, IIRC that's usually what Sony demands from devs when it comes to timed exclusivity.

They're launching the game on arcades to get more money and this is the best way to get more profit in Japan considering PS4 isn't big there or even somewhere else outside of US, plus majority of people prefer to play fighting games on arcades.
I doubt SNK expected big sales on PS4 in general, although I'm not sure why they thought that Sony marketing was worth PS4 timed exclusivity, that was a very risky move unless they planned to launch the game on arcades and PS4 all along what would make sense.

user, I know the holidays are almost here, but that's no excuse for slacking off.

Only the best opinions from an SRK staff member.

I feel like there was another scenario like this at some point where a game had a good competitive scene but then suddenly dropped off the face of the earth.

MAKE LETHAL LEAGUE GREAT AGAIN

Sucks to be you user. Turns out my local is full of weebs so I can actually play shit like AH3 and BB regularly offline.

That'll happen when Dhalsim becomes top tier.

Despite the modes EX2 and 3 were…meh.

SRK has been changing into a Socjus shit hole with opinion articles for a while, as they shill that Maximilian.

3D fighters usually fall victim to this.

Nah, 3D games still have a hold in Asia, I'm talking about everywhere at once.

Didn't Injustice die as soon as Warner Bros stopped bribing people with tourney money?

is pic related good?

yes. the netcode is good, for a Japanese PC fighting game, and a good chunk of the roster is fun to play.

Very interesting systems that promote aggressive neutral game and actively reward solid offense and defense. Gaining ground and cornering your opponent or making a read on defense and blocking well earn you GRD. At fixed time intervals throughout the match, a timer fills up, and whoever has more GRD wins Vorpal state, which gives you a one-time Roman Cancel you can use in a wide variety of ways, including just hoarding it and getting a 10% damage buff or extending a combo. Some moves cost you a block of your GRD meter, but some characters can put them to very good use. For example, Linne and Akatsuki come armed with parries that cost a block of GRD, but it's a trade-off: make a read to stop the opponent's pressure but maybe lose the upcoming vorpal state.

You can get some good momentum swings back and forth between evenly matched players. The best way to earn GRD besides going DBZ mode and standing still charging your meter is to advance in your opponent's direction. However, once you've cornered your opponent, you will have a much harder time of earning GRD than the cornered player, who earns GRD by successfully defending himself. He can then use the vorpal state he's earned to freeze time for a little bit and catch you swinging, or to alpha guard and push you full screen. Also, cashing in your vorpal state earns you super meter, so winning more of the GRD tug of wars gets you more potential meter.

The cast of characters is small but has great variety. Most people will be able to find at least one person they can immediately pick up and play. The majority of the cast is armed with weapons and/or projectiles, so you have lots of moves that can take up space. I hope you like FULL SCREEN NORMALS. It kind of plays at KoF pace with an emphasis on SF style footsies and ground game, except with swords and shit. Getting caught in the air without an advantage is a good way to die, unlike GG or Mahvel, but the game moves at a fast pace where pressure is hard to react to except for grabs, tech windows seem very lenient but they're still good.

The music and character art is great once you look past Hyde and Linne, unless you lean a bit too far on the normalfag spectrum. For anyone else, it's a stylish game. The sprites are high quality stuff. UNIEL enjoys being a parody of edgy anime tropes, and the story and character personalities reflect this. French Bread had a little fun with their cast. Background art is bland and low res, though.

Netplay is fantastic if you're playing someone in the same region, but I have had trouble going coast to coast. Maybe it's better on PC though, I'm talking from PS3 experience. The UNIEL community is exactly like the Melty community: a very small group of dedicated, battle hardened veterans who will try to ease you into things but just can't help but cut you into tiny little shreds. Pretty far gone on the weeb spectrum, but I guess that's expected.

Merry Christmas

They actually did it, the absolute madmen.
inb4 e-celeb bullshit.

Don't listen to the bad facts and figures! Only the good facts and figures!

thanks fam

very detailed and interesting post, thanks for the effort!

Haha
nerfnow.com/comic/1971/
Whose the new top tier?

SF4 or 3rd Strike?
reddit.com/r/sf4

3rd Strike is more fun to fuck around in with friends casually I find, but I personally prefer Alpha 3 and USF4 for SF games.

I thought 3S was the better Street Fighter game.

NEW THREAD