Vita Thread

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0
wiki.henkaku.xyz/vita/PSN#Ticket
aliexpress.com/item/For-PSV-1000-2000-Motherboard-PCB-Circuit-Wifi-or-3G-Main-board-3-6-System-Version/32732953078.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2fuRg8Jn4
youtube.com/watch?v=RYxaeM3YWQ4
github.com/some1psv/RegistryEditor
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
github.com/tomtomdu80/VitaRW
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqN2WYZhfpfkkdUYx0DcOhsucKmHgSVuQvcVnhkoYxGOCqyQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale-week-3/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/muramasa-rebirth-complete-collection/cid=UP1024-PCSE00240_00-B000000000000854
operationrainfall.com/2016/12/22/demon-gaze-ii-will-english-subtitles/
videogamesplus.ca/specials.php?page=1
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEPSVGAM
dualshockers.com/2016/12/23/european-playstation-stores-massive-january-sale-starts-today-700-titles-discounted-final-fantasy-xv-last-deal-christmas/
github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=47473
store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/holiday-sale-week-4/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP
blade2187.com/2013/09/21/kangaroo-returns-tales-of-xillia-2013/
blade2187.com/2014/04/21/no-no-no-no-no-no/
blade2187.com/2014/06/12/you-guys-need-a-localization-director/
blade2187.com/2014/08/25/the-arte-of-arte-naming/
blade2187.com/2014/11/10/like-moths-to-a-flame/
blade2187.com/2014/11/16/a-crash-korse-in-how-not-to-localize/
ebay.com/itm/132047813244
archive.is/1gHYD
youtube.com/watch?v=j0_OiQzHtVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FFXIV
send help, I can't stop. I want to pay Root Letter but can't tear myself away from this.
Christmas to get here, and maximum comfy.
Not much, did some Christmas shopping. Gifted my friend an OLED Vita and a handful of games.

coldsteel 2
I have a yuge backlog like a pile of 3DS and vita games that have come out over the last few months
nothing since ive purchased basically everything

I do have Steins;gate 0 coming in the mail but thats because its taking ages to get here

5 years ago history repeated itself and journalists didn't learn from their PSP vs NDS prediction.

Sony left the PS Vita to die because not enough of their fangoyim bought it like they did with the PS4. The Japanese market really needed a handheld that is more powerful than the 3DS but Sony had to fuck it up for more western pandering.

…I want the orange model.

Currently nearing the end of Atelier Sophie, so far the game's been pretty easy, mostly because time in Sophie is completely irrelevant or at least looks like it so far except for gathering purposes. Synthesis puzzle tho is pretty up there, I really like it.

I wish to plat sophie asap so i could go back and finish DT2

considering another, larger memory card but tbh I'll just drop games on my pc when the card is full.

Other than that I've been sparcely playing Stranger of Sword City. Just unlocked Mausoleums of Fire, Sea and the other one. Been running a pretty sucessful team with my main character being a fighter/ronin. A bit too depended on cleric buff spam to be at top effectiveness but its been pretty reliable. Maus. of Sea is killing me tho, not having magic is a pain in the ass, even tho I could just get two dancers who'se job is to spam KO and buff items.
I wish grinding in this game wasnt so slow.

Platted Dragon Quest Builders, really good game, especially the exploration bits more than the building part. Tried Terra Incognita but lost interest before long, especially after reaching platinum. 3rd chapter remains best chapter, especially when you get the Ultimate Weapon it become a blast, even if a bit short lived. Didnt expect the game to run this well on Vita tbh, especially with this good looking visuals. Altho its most likely low poly and limited rendering distance with the inability to really dig anywhere deep enough for it to be an issue like in Meinkrampfts.

Also been playing Shiren the wanderer a bit, its top tier "creative puzzle solving" roguelike. Instead of playing a straight forward rpg and brute force yourself tru content with better gear, the game really invite you to use the very unique tools to respond to whatever situation you,re in and I love it. Got a little burnt out of playing it by sheer hours invested and its not like Builders or Atelier where you can just lay back in comfyness to relax your brain a bit. And with the various dungeons to be ran from town, especially the puzzle one, there is so much fucking content idk if I could ever make it.

Glad I could get on the Vita train while its still going forward.

Get ignition cover for psv

Which is not a roadblock: when you download & mask ur psv to .61/3, maidump, then edit the sceboot file for3.63 u can still play

Red Orchestra 1

What are some actually good indie games that are coming out?

I was cycling&texting on a shitty phone to post that. legiable enough though.
If you can't comprehend:
ALL NEWER FIRMWARE GAMES CAN BE EDITTED TO RUN ON 3.60, BUT YOU MUST DECRYPT THEN EDIT THE sceboot BINARY.
The trick is masking your PSVita to the later versions, then maidumoing the contents.
Yes, you can fuck a PS Vita for Christmas.

Call them startups or doujinshi: If they are releasing on Sony platforms, they aren't independent. Others use first-release or "self-publish".

I was cycling&texting on a shitty phone to post. Legible enough though.
If you can't comprehend:
ALL NEWER FIRMWARE GAMES CAN BE EDITED TO RUN ON 3.60, BUT YOU MUST DECRYPT THEN EDIT THE sceboot BINARY.
The trick is masking your PSVita to the later versions, then maidumping the contents.
Yes, you can fuck a PS Vita for Christmas.

Call them "startups" or "doujinshi": If they are releasing on Sony platforms, they aren't independent. Others use "first-release" or "self-publish".

Maybe it's just me, and I will leave the final decision on it up to other anons, but I don't want to give the wrong impression that Ignition has seen an English release in doing that. I mean, I know that fighting games don't exactly need to be in English to have fun with the gameplay and the Vita is region free, but I suspect that a fair amount of enjoyment is seeing how the characters there interact with each other (being a crossover game) which for most western players would probably require it to be in English. I'd actually planned to make a note of Ignition on there somewhere, but with that current description there wasn't space, even after some tweaking.

Also looks like the spam is back, and I think the post stalling might be as well, as this is the second time I have tried to post this now.

Maybe it is just me, and I will leave the final decision on it up to other anons, but I don't want to give the wrong impression that Ignition has seen an English release in doing that. I mean, I know that fighting games don't exactly need to be in English to have fun with the gameplay and the Vita is region free, but I suspect that a fair amount of enjoyment is seeing how the characters there interact with each other (being a crossover game) which for most western players would probably require it to be in English. I had actually planned to make a note of Ignition on there somewhere, but with that current description there wasn't space, even after some tweaking.

Also looks like the spam is back, and I think the post stalling might be as well, as this is the third time I have tried to post this now.

Maybe it's just me, and I'll leave the final decision on it up to other anons, but I don't want to give the wrong impression that Ignition has seen an English release in doing that. I mean, I know that fighting games don't exactly need to be in English to have fun with the gameplay and the Vita is region free, but I suspect that a fair amount of enjoyment is seeing how the characters there interact with each other (being a crossover game) which for most western players would probably require it to be in English. I'd actually planned to make a note of Ignition on there somewhere, but with that current description there wasn't space, even after some tweaking.

btw, not related to Holla Forums or /vitagen/, but prepare for a whole lot of down sites as 12-19 [electoral vote] approaches. Several sites have been confirmed down as of a few hours.
8ch is on the list.

Fucking hell, now the threads don't even update properly anymore. Had no clue any of those attempts actually went through until I manually refreshed.

What, keeping anons in the dark as the vote happens is that big a priority for someone out there?

On the last vestiges of my PS3 Escha & Logy run. Once I'm finished, I'm starting Atelier Totori, tho I may go back to E&L in between because my final goals are finishing Logy's trophies and flattening the final DLC boss who is hard as balls if you don't have equipment set right.

Atelier Shallie Plus
Fate/Extella
Senran Peach Beach Splash (not vita but still)
A Plus card so I can activate this free download of Gravity Rush I've had on my system for ages

Nada. Broke.

Crowning in DT2 is a extra-leveling process, it's only brought up in story mode three times (once in the campaign, and two subevents with Grishna). It's basically overleveling and works like so:

- Get your characters to level 51 at minimum
- Reset character to level 1
- All character stats except HP/TP will increase by 1 point. This includes Elemental Resistances and Physical Resistances. HP/TP shoot up according to a percentage formula I haven't found, yet.
- Do this 50 times for a maximum plus stat bonus of 50 in every category.

It's a HUGE advantage for characters no matter the class, since once you're neck-deep in the postgame and are struggling to balance armor/weapon bonuses, it means you can plot a build to make any character an unstoppable killing machine (in theory. IN PRACTICE, not being careful can still get you curbstomped quite easily. Crowned characters aren't win buttons). The other trick of this is that Crowning can be a long, long process due to the insane level of grinding & repetition it calls for.

I'll make another post about tips for anyone who is Crowning, because at least far as I can see for the English crowd, there's some seriously questionable advice out there that everyone & their dog follows when crowning that is really, REALLY inefficient. Video related

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

camping quest bosses in this game gave me ptsd

WAIT, HOW?

Totori
More translated games
Henkaku is a thing

Doing the Fury playthrough of Muramasa before i get to the DLCs.
To get to the DLC, and Leiftrasir after I'm done with them.
After opening the gateways to piracy, the only thing I'll maybe buy for Vita is one of those memory cards.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

kirby has no head to rip off and is too squishy to cut and disembowel, kratos can never win

Is there a recommended retard's guide on pirating Vita games? A link would be greatly appreciated.

It's over. We won.

Explain how to do this NOW.

Shit, we're at by-the-post captchas, now? Fucking bots.

Anyway, Crowning is a pretty brutal process. Being honest, you can get by the game w/o doing it at all, But doing it lends heavily to some builds based on innate stats & skills alone (Kunoichi, Dark Lord, Valkyrie, and more). Make no mistake, it is a grindfest to achieve Crown (pic related) but has major advantages:

- Elemental & Physical bonuses, not to mention much-needed AGI—all of which make it easier to custom weapons/armor around
- If you're Platinuming the game, then your platinum is in the bag. Trust me.
- Depending on your hunting grounds, you will farm some seriously useful sealbooks AND items. I completed my Mandragora sealbook collection & rare drops thanks in large part to the grind.

Basics on how to Crown:
- If you do not have a strong DPS or one-shot killer on your squad, establish one. Quickly. Dark Lord, Berserker, roided out Paladin—emphasis should be on speedy takedowns, so your Magic Users won't apply, unless your Magic Princess is a serious powerhouse.
- Two-girl parties work best for Crowning, but do not be afraid of going for three if your sword is not a good tank on her own.
- One is your killer, the Crown person is your focus on grinding and won't be too helpful in battle, depending. You can squeeze use out of them in fights, but not a great deal.
- Craft/obtain strong equipment to throw on your Crown target. It WILL offset potential OHKOs from far stronger monsters, and they'll survive attacks they have no rights to by normal circumstance.
- If you bought the DT2 DLC pack, then abuse the FUCK out of the EXP Card. It will cut your grinding time in half. If you don't have that, then there's a Grand Sealbook you can use called Alwilda (sp?). She's a bonus boss in the Sumaritan Caves around the 7th floor. If you haven't beaten her, go beat her. Or you'll be grinding for QUITE a while otherwise.
- Starting point advice: Do not think about Crowning until you've at least opened the Beast God dungeon: Dawa Shrine. This is because it's the point where you start getting Sealbooks that will grant third bonuses on your weapons and armor (3rd option opens w/Lvl 50 Sealbooks, 4th option opens w/Lvl 75 Sealbooks).

Shit can't be easier
Thats it

Haven't touched my Vita for a while, still looking for a Vita under 3.60 that's not 300. All 2nd hand ones are 3.61.

I want a white Vita 1000, but fucking hell are they hard to come by. 2000 screen a shit.

thanks onii-fam

Why is piracy such ass on this thing? Either the links are dead or taken down, sleep mode is death, and transferring files takes time.
So far I only have 4 games on the thing, and I bought half of them.

Only if you use games dumped through vitamin. This is the reason everyone moved on to maidump.

You can't just post this shit and not give an explanation of how to fucking do it. I can't find anywhere else on the net discussing this.

Nah, that is only you being retarded, you can transfer the games with usb and the games are easy to find

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

That's news to me. I'll try that

So right I critiqued that video as not extremely efficient and here's why. Now, Crowning on its own is "inefficient" technically (again, you don't need it to even beat the Devas, the Wandering Brigade, or the Eight Gods). But if you want to do it, here's the important factor

You don't need a single goddamned thing from The Tower of Bogomil to begin Crowning.

If you haven't opened the ToB dungeon then that's confusing. I'll be blunt: by the time you get the recommended shit in that vid, Crowning is POINTLESS for you almost entirely. Let's go over it:

- YTer is using a Papillion as their DPS due to the rather strong all-target attack Rose Queen. This is a blatant illusion. First, you have to Lv4 Blacksmith some heavy hitting stats to get that kind of tank out of a Papillion. Lv99's irrelevant because you WILL hit that with your damage dealer while Crowning. But the weapon Lilian's using, Hyakka Ryouran, is the best fan in the game. It requires ANOTHER extremely rare drop (The Apollo, 2nd best Bow in the game, best bow for Treasure Hunters), and you will not be looking at said rare drop until you're at floor 15 and above of the Tower of Bogomil. Hyakka is a reward for exchanging said bow as a Lv20 Mission Guild quest…grinding to Lv 20 is a hell of a chore. Worthwhile, but a chore. Hyakka is leaps and bounds above any custom fan that isn't Lv95-99, and even then it's head and shoulders thanks to the ATK number.
- The Mandragora Prince/Princess Sealbooks. Those alone disqualify this mission as efficient. BOTH of those monsters are Normal Bossfights that you can farm. Two holy shit NO factors in that—both are in the Bogomil annex, which is above Floor 25, and both sit behind a sequence of Therian bossfights that can be hard as BALLS for your team, even at max level. And, again, they're normal Bossfights. They don't drop a Grand Sealbook, they drop normal sealbooks. Which means you have to beat them 9 times to get said Sealbooks. 9 bossrush runs. 9. At the near-end of the LAST dungeon in the game.
- Area of grinding. Pic related in the Skyfort is actually the BEST area period to grind in Skyfort. There's a better area that spawns concentrated crowds, two solos, but most importantly, 3 different Mandragora mob arrangements, which are critical in shortening your grind. Area is highlighted.

Basically, the stats that YTer went with makes the whole process unsatisfying as fuck. The real point of a Crown is to enjoy the fruits of your labor. I started going for the crown after I opened Skyfort because I wanted to actually take the God bosses on a god level the first time. It was a painful process but it's going to be painful regardless. Tested classes, targeted who I wanted to Crown first, and got to work. And then, after I got those Crowns, I set about enjoying the rest of the game w/a growing set of badass chicks who could go toe-to-toe with Gods with just custom equips, instead of the best equips (Protip: don't challenge any of the super bosses if your equipment is less than level 85). I could enjoy Bogomil without a monkey on my shoulder screaming I should be trying to burn through it to get to the Mandra Prince/Princess ASAP, or grinding for extremely rare drops. You can Crown long before you even open Bogomil. It takes the same or LESS effort.

Protip advice
- Dark Lord. A Dark Lord is a self-sustaining class. Frost Strike ignores almost all counterattack triggers (in case that wasn't apparent), Megaton and Shock Wave can drop crowds with ease, Soul Drain ensures an endless TP pool without need of a Maid, and Bravery can be spammed between battles with a walking duration (#spaces you can walk before effect wears off) that ensures your next fight will start and STAY at your momentum)
- Focus on your favorites as Crown targets. If you don't have a favorite, then I recommend Crowning your DPS first, then a support. Alternate.
- Take breaks. The grinding is seriously long and you WILL have to focus, despite what the YTer says. You should already be long familiar with the fact a mistake in the postgame can cost you quickly. It can take ages the first time you Crown since you're unfamiliar. Subsequent Crowning sessions will see you getting more efficient as you get familiar.
- Alwilda. Seriously go kill her and get that Sealbook. Slap that and the EXP Card together if you bought the DLC to make your time go quicker.

Dungeon Grinding Suggestions (note that all of these assume you've at least 100% your maps or are at least familiar w/the layout of certain floors)

Library Depths - 8th floor, path to the throne room. Pretty straightforward, excellent leveling from 1 - 30 without worrying about being absolutely slaughtered by unexpected solo monsters or lucky mobs. Onimushas and Earth Dragon's shouldn't be too much trouble.

Vegecca Ice Cave - 3rd floor, long corridor next to the warp space from the 1st floor. Again, easy 1 - 30 grinding that doesn't put you at extreme risk. Ice Dragons can be a pain, and so can the Raasthikamui demons (the red squidgirl)

Abyss - Southmost warp, two vertical corridors right next to each other next to a Sealdoor (need 4 or less members to unseal). This is a bit more dangerous because of Dragon Lords, Saturday Night Riders, and the rare and powerful Macha that lurks the particular sector. Plus side: not only do they give beastly EXP, but all 3 I just named have Sealbooks good enough to carry you to endgame and are critical for some class builds (especially if you have a Valkyrie tank build, a Dragon Lord is a MUST HAVE Sealbook).

Eternal Hell - The warp space corridor before the second boss (Prometheus). Macha's a concern. Far more a concern are Fire Dragons and Hellhounds—but mostly Fire Dragons. Another reason to keep Dark Lords about with their needed Frost Strike.

Dawa Shrine - Warp into the 7th floor corridor with Sealdoors that require Papillon & Treasure Hunter respectively. Ignore the door, head south, and grind through the corridor before the Magic Space corridor. Watch out because Yam (Strongest squid girl demon) can and WILL push your shit in (and Shanina to a lesser degree—Sniper solo monster). Both are rare, but you're grinding so you're guaranteed to see them.

Skyfort - see prior map data. Yams are NOT in that area, nor are the Ice Dragons that plague the opening hallways to this dungeon. What is there, however, is the Nosferatu (beefed up Vampire), who CAN and WILL OHKO your whole group if you don't have something that protects from insta-death attacks. Also is no slouch about brute force, either. Another annoyance of note is the beefed Lich monster, Demi Lich. Both she & the Mwodel have powerful spells and Dark Aura counters to debuff your team.

Temple of Maharashtra - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR FIRST TIME CROWN EFFORTS. Warp gate to western section of the map. Guard hard & brace against the mobs and also Astaroth (Dragon Lord final form) and Carbunkle (runner monster that's actually powerful as fuck).

Gear Castle - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR FIRST TIMERS - 7th floor, sealdoor that requires Mistress. Run around the room. Brace for ass-kicking from rare and fuck-powerful Lv 90 Nemhain (higher Macha). Do not be afraid to run. She's that relentless.

Bogomil Tower - Not for first timers unless you're particularly brave. Yes, this dungeon has sweet spots. Entire 1st floor for example. Nemhain warning goes DOUBLE since this is her main stomping grounds. Magic Elevator to the 10th floor is the second sweetspot. Take it, go to the 11th floor with the Sealdoor that demands a Magic Princess. Grind that small hallway. And brace for madness.

I was on my 3rd Crown when I decided to test Bogomil. Rewards here are worth the risk. Solo Monsters on the 11th floor are powerful as fuck, but they're mandatory for the following reason:
- Tiamat is who you kill to obtain the Proof of Warrior mission quest
- Tiamat has the best Magic Princess armor (Ceremonial Tutu)
- Tiamat has the best non-Deva reliant Joker weapon (Dahgda Axe)
- Tsukuyomi has the best Witch armor (Black Robe)
- Meta-Kindra Female (mandragora), if you can get it, has the Fortune Sword drop, one of the best swords & helps with item drop rates

In other words, it's where you start obtaining best equips without having to fight the super bosses for them.

That's mostly the meat & potatoes of Crowning, if any of you care to take it up.

Just 100% cleared Shantae. Now I'm just hopping between Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Hyper Crazy Climber
Windjammers
Ys Origin
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Valkyria Revolution
Nothing really, waiting to see if my friends get me anything vita related for Christmas. Hoping next week's sales are better. I was thinking about getting SteamWorld Heist, but it comes off as something that will eventually be a PS+ game.

That's a package deal combo, isnt it? Buy one, get both Vita and PS4 versions?

Yeah, all the SNK Vita ports are crossbuy and crossplay. You also get free themes for both systems when you buy them.

Any new vitatan pics? Something like eating cake with her few friends?

5 years and no games.

Guess I'm buying later, then. Never did get to trying out my DC copy extensively.

Root Letter is pretty awful anyway.

Source on the post 3.60 thing

電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION is completely in English, except the very story. We are >>>Holla Forums, we play games, not stories. I know most of you in /vitagen/ love reading and watching VNs, RPGs, and Sims, however, >>>Holla Forums plays games wherever they come from, even if from some shaddy geocities.yahoo.co.jp site on a creepy section with a lonely shockwave file.

tl;dr: Just because Sony of America wants to play Jew with America, doesn't mean international >>>Holla Forums stops recommending great games.
related to:

inb4 how do I know:
reason 1 why haven't had the time to post regularly on Holla Forums is because I've been dealing with 3PLA

In a way yes. I hate talking about politics, esp. on Holla Forums, however if you don't have contingencies for when Obama executes order SOP 303, you won't have internet access for days.

lol.. i didnt get to read all the the thread… thanks for the info of Crowning

Not a problem. Crowning some classes make them super enjoying. Example being Lizeretta, who I run as a Soul Summoner. Normally her Soul Eater spell has a bad chant timing. But since adjusting her use, she's not only super-fast on her own, but fast enough to use that spell several times in succession before monsters can move. I end up doing upwards of 5k damage on anything that moves and isn't undead or a Magic Creature, and that's not even counting her powerhouse dolls.

A Crowned Kunoichi is even better, since they dole out short-range stat attacks all day and have an innate Elemental resistance skill. I already had a viable Katana build (most guides recommend against it because you lose access to 100% critical skill that works with daggers and not katana), but now I have a viable speed/short-chant demon who can carve chunks out of targets while dropping their def/spd/atk scores even lower and never getting hit because Shadow Clone. And should she ever get hit, shrugs off status effects at minimum slot cost AND halves physical attacks. The best kind of multi-faceted support without being a Treasure Hunter or Maid.

Finally, pic related has the Exp Grand Sealbook I mentioned—Alwilda.

Ate my file. THIS is Alwilda.

Really I'm just happy to still have the thing. Need to find some cozy, "easy" RPGs for cool down time after work now, or at lesat some ARPGs to vent with. Anything out there vaguely like Kingdom Hearts out there, or even Monhun? I considered Toukiden Kiwami but I had friends who said it was relatively shit. At this point I don't trust their opinion on anything anymore, though.

Consider not buying games and just pirating shit until you find shit you like. No point in giving Sony/Shit pubs money if you don't need to.

FUCKING HELL

Is there any solution to the absurdly priced memory cards yet? That's really the only thing stopping me from getting a vita. I only got a PSP after the microSD adaptors became available.

Possible USB storage support but nothing real yet.

Does henkaku's psn spoofing still work?
It doesn't work for me, or do I just need to rest my vita and update henkaku?

No, and it won't for some time until a 3.63 ticket can be successfully faked.
wiki.henkaku.xyz/vita/PSN#Ticket

Basically, yeah.

So I guess I gotta get a motherboard.
This looks legit, should I buy this one?

aliexpress.com/item/For-PSV-1000-2000-Motherboard-PCB-Circuit-Wifi-or-3G-Main-board-3-6-System-Version/32732953078.html

If it's a 1000 sure.

Was this real or not?

youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2fuRg8Jn4
youtube.com/watch?v=RYxaeM3YWQ4
Requires:
github.com/some1psv/RegistryEditor
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
github.com/tomtomdu80/VitaRW
This info was confirmed on PSN downloaded games via PS3 that where 3.50/7 and "now" 3.63.
I recall somewhere in one of the githubs the actual discussion for this, since even in 3.63 they still don't do a new form of encryption on games.

From experience it was real in 3.61 games, need more confirmation on 3.63, even though it should be possible:

How do you get the 3.61/3.63 games to edit in the first place, though?

Anyone know what firmware the refurbished ones on Amazon come with?

3.63. New ones from 2015 onward come with 3.5something.

New vitas come with whatever firmware they were made with which means, except the two new nip colors, they're all sub 3.60. All PSTVs are sub 3.60 because they were discontinued way before 3.60. All bundles are shipped with the firmware current when they were made. Any refurbished units are going to most likely come with 3.61/3.63

DT2 from the beginning>postgame again after losing my 180hour postgame save. Surprisingly the game has some replay value. It's pretty relaxing as well when you have all the knowhow of all the little mechanics.

DT2-2, I saw Japan is getting it halfway 2017 so that probably means it's still more than a year for us.
God Wars: Future Past, or any decent srpg that's fun and not too faceroll.

Does anyone know what the poster is next to the Tekken 2 one? I always wonder.

Hard to say for certain at that resolution, but messing with some effect layers in Photoshop, it looks like it might say something like "Devi's (Devil's, maybe?) Grande Wage". That's just my take on it though, doing a general search of "Digimon Cyber Sleuth mall posters" only brings up people talking about the tekken ones, and trying to search via tags on various sites (if it's from an actual thing, I would assume it has some amount of fan art), but got nothing good there either. Maybe it's a parody of some doujin/LN cover? At least with Tekken Media.Vision could directly reference it, since both Digimon and Tekken games are Namco properties.

I'd suggest maybe asking in a Digimon specific thread next time you see one up if someone with a PS4 can take a higher resolution screencap that might have that poster be more legible.

I want to know too. I swear I remember looking it up before, but I can't find anything about it right now

Who is this girl. I want to fug this girl. Is this Akiba'strip 2 for vita?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Vita is a fucking weeb machine. It's honestly depressing.

…that's why I like it…:C

But seriously, where can I get a VPK of Darkest Dungeon. According to this thread it's possible for one to exist now.

It's fucking Digimon. Control yourself.

It ain't that bad. The fanbase can be shit at times, though.

look at all those upcoming titles that no one knows and nobody cares about

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqN2WYZhfpfkkdUYx0DcOhsucKmHgSVuQvcVnhkoYxGOCqyQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

That's the character from digimon cyber sleuth. As the body you find in the hospital that is yours is male, that's a man in a female avatar shell.
Have fun.

Bad news. Trails of Cold Steel 3 will be PS4 only.

It's a big disappointment. I was expecting a waifu game, what I got is be an asshole to townfolk simulator with fake pseudo phoenix wright effects. No waifus in sight unless I wanted to cuck Fatty.

Huh. I think that to me tolls the Vita's funeral bell more than anything else I've heard since it was announced. That Falcom would turn their backs on the platform which gave them the most love in recent memory is telling of potentially multiple things, but definitely the end being near.

It's either that, or it's that Sony forced their hand. Either way, I'm out of empathy.

PS4 has more AAA garbage that everybody talks about, so what?

playing: nothing, just ordered my 3rd vita.
wanting: a 64gb memory card
buying: a vita
still not decided on if I should homebrew or not.
I kinda like PS4 Remote Play but free games would be neat along with emulators.

Thats pretty spot on. I would say 2017, possibly 2018 are going to be the Vita's last years. Don't know where you guys are going after, I'm not going to buy a PS4, but I"ll probably buy a Switch after that gets hacked.

SALE WEEK 3
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale-week-3/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP

For the user who asked for a Muramasa sale. The complete collection
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/muramasa-rebirth-complete-collection/cid=UP1024-PCSE00240_00-B000000000000854

I'm going back. Current gen is shit.

I'm already there. Between the few Vita games and ports I actually like, my PS2 backlog and the plethora of cheap and easy to acquire PS2 and PC games I'm basically set for life. Throw in a Bayonetta or Shadowrun: Dragonfall every so often and there's no need to worry about games to play

Fug.

Also not shown there, but:

Nevermind I suck ass at DJMax all of a sudden.

Come on goy, buy it anyways. You can always get good.

Fuck's sake.

OK fine, whatever, if only because I'm sure there's no open source version of the game. Besides, the Vita will feel less cramped.

what psp do i buy if i want to emulate GB, GBC, and GBA games?

Neither of them run them very well.

o-oh

my friend said they work fine. so one of you is bullshitting me. hmm

Your friend probably has lower standards than we do.

So, to install adrenaline, do I need a legit PSP game?

That's not true. The emulators on the PSP work great. There are some GBA games that don't run well, but generally speaking, you can run most games that you toss at it.

You're full of shit.

A game, a demo, or a PSP mini title.

Is one of those games that run like shit FF6A? That's the only one I checked and it ran so poorly I thought it must be the emulation itself.

Dungeon Travelers 2. After playing Demon Gaze, I thought I was going to be in for a similar ride but really, DT2 is just miles better. Am currently going through the city sewers, already poured hours and hours into the game, characters aren't even lv35 yet, so I know there's still many hours of joy left. Perfect time sink on plane, train or bus.

DT2-2. If it's even half as good as DT2, it's worth it.

DT2 DLC once I made it through the main campaign. Will need to find some room on the mem card, though.

That seems kind of stingy, but maybe there's some factor I'm not seeing.

I wonder if someone at Aksys has it out for you.

I might get a PS4 down the line, when the system's cheap and there's actually enough games I'm interested in to warrant getting one. Mostly work on my gen seven and earlier backlog these days aside from the Vita.

Oh boy you're not even touching the tip of the iceberg. Savor it, dude.

I definitely agree that current gen sucks. Overpriced, micro-transactions up the ass, mediocre games, and SJW politics are the defining traits of generation 8. I'm going to stay and tackle my giant Vita game backlog. I think its about 30+ games right now. Who knows where I'll go from there? Probably spend less on video games and more on guns.

I'm a firm believer in buying systems after they get hacked. PS4 will be 100% worth entry after the system gets hacked. For now gen 7 is still pretty decent. I'll probably still skip PS4 because I don't have a TV, or space for one.

Does playing a lot of rhythm games wear your vita out quiker? Everytime I see one in the shop I decide against it because I remember how fast I go through keyboards on PC rhythm games.

How can you justify getting a Vita 2000 over the 1000 anons?

thinner, better battery life?

I didn't mean it to come off negatively, meant really if you had the choice between the two, why would you go for 2000.

Thinner, sure. Battery really extended by much?

About an hour to an hour and a half extra, depending on the game.

I'm glad Cold Steel/Sen III is PS4 exclusive. Vita was holding the games back.

I wish it was coming to PC as well, I prefer to play games there instead of my PS4/Vita.

Tokyo Xanadu is coming, so there's hope at least.

Screen doesn't die after regular use

Yeah the only current-gen system I have is my PC, and nearly everything I have even a passing interest in playing is released on it, or will be eventually, so I'm not missing out on anything by not buying into the newest generation of fanboy fodder. There might be a few titles I'll miss because I don't want to support current Nintendo, just like the WiiU, but I'll survive. As a huge proponent of the coming of the digital apocalypse, I've built a substantial backlog and I will be more than happy to play games I own and haven't completed. Also got a PS3 recently so, you know, another place to backlog with no region lock, right?

Same kind of thinking here. Maybe one day I'll get a PS4 for literally the only game I would be playing on it, which would basically be for my partner and I to play diablo iii together, but it's way too expensive to be a one game console.

You might be right, but they should have started a NEW series instead of trying to force old fans to buy a new system. There's something rotten in Trails town for this to happen.

Looks like the screen fell away from its moorings there. The mura might or might not have been noticeable when games are playing though; almost everyone has some, and I never see what I have while the screen is lit up.

Valkirye Drive. I didn't expect the combat to be this much better compared to Senran Kagura, but the aerial damage multiplier stuff is great. It does suffer from the same problem as SK in that the human bosses are taken out so fast even on hard that you can't properly tear their clothes.
Steins;Gate 0
I'm waiting for my used copy of 7 opPairates to come in the mail.

How'd the fuck you manage that?

I operate on the basis of available games to console cost ratios. Unfortunately what that means this gen is that I only own dead consoles with good game lineups, Vita included. I'm not sure if I'll ever get a PS4 as it's looking like Yakuza is the only reason why I'd get it. Nier Automata is coming to PC and EDF is making the slow conversion to greater profitability.

I don't find that I ever really prioritize region free all that much, probably due to the fact that I don't generally play games in moon, and already consider consoles to be a fairly heavy restriction on software freedom, coming from PC.

I probably won't get anything from this next set though, unless the Switch works really well and has an excellent lineup (which will likely not happen anyway, but I really conceptually liked the WiiU)

How would they have started a new series when the Erebonia arc wasn't finished? They did look into how a Vita version would be and decided that for ambition's sake they didn't want to have to cut content like they had to do with the first two CS games. So no, I don't believe anything is "rotten in Trails town" because your preferred console was shafted. That's a very childish view to have.

Not to come across as a shill or anything, but for anyone that cares, "Amazon warehouse deals" seems to be having a 25% off sale on certain used games. I.e. shit like Dungeon travelers 2 is ~30 bucks right now instead of 40, they're also selling a bunch of games brand new for 20 bucks right now, including exist archive, Mei Q, SAO Lost song and Shinen the wanderer.

Vita is dead console. Not working on it means the PC port will come sooner. Hopefully for YS8 as well.

Anyone know at this point how the English script quality for Exist Archive turned out?

It's fine. The game's not that great though.

operationrainfall.com/2016/12/22/demon-gaze-ii-will-english-subtitles/
Asian release of Demon Gaze II will have english text, does that mean I can actually buy it without having NISA get money?

Yup. You can also buy Stranger of Sword City without giving NISA money, if you own an Xbone. The Japanese release has English Text there too.

Do you think will live past 2019? I don't trust Nintendo to make another good handheld. Hell I don't trust them at all.

This thread made me realize I have a vita but I haven't played it in a few months

What's a game I should play on it? Last one I was playing was galgun, I don't think I want to play any more of it though.

I've heard many people have already played Ys VIII. Is it import friendly or have a bunch of guides?

Gundam Breaker 3
Dungeon Travelers 2
Steins;Gate
Zero Escape Trilogy
Tales of Hearts R
Corpse Party Trilogy
Brandish
Ar Nosurge
Odin Sphere
Disgaea 4
Stranger of the Sword City
Legend of Heroes in general
Ys Memories of Celceta
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
Natural Doctrine

Just a few suggestions covering multiple genres. But Dungeon Travelers 2 is something I'll always recommend.

I believe someone is working on a guide, but I really wouldn't call it import-friendly. It's almost as text heavy as some kiseki games. Hence, pic related.

So they're actually starting to put some effort into the plot? I didn't have a problem with "Here's an excuse to explore and kill things bigger than you" plots.

Interesting posts my man I will put them to good use. I'm gonnna roll with a backline Mefmera joker (tanky passive) protected by Valkyrie's Imperial guard. I will lose some damage because of the backline range but gain a lot of safety in return. As soon as I hit dawa shrine I will crown her and go all out.

Where did I say that was my reason? I said that it doesn't make sense, and it smells of bad decision making or underhanded deals to increase the amount of games on everyone's favorite 30 frames per second machine. What makes you think anyone will play the third game if they haven't played it on PS3 and Vita? What makes you think anyone who owns a PS4 would go back and play those games if they have those consoles? How many people who own a PS3 and also played the first two Cold Steel games were also lame-minded enough to blow $400 on what is already an antiquated piece of hardware, now even by the manufacturers own standards where we stand today? It just doesn't make business sense to release the third sequential game in an already relatively niche trilogy on an entirely different console.

I do that same, but must not be as discerning as yourself. Still I currently have no intention of ever owning a PS4 until one of the must have games is only going there and I have no choice left, which seems enormously unlikely.

Not dead yet, but Falcom suddenly making the decision to jump ship is fishy to me. PC ports are always fine by me, I just don't get what they gain by changing gens midstream on a story. Japan doesn't care about the PS4. Are burgerbucks for the TOCS games specifically really so valuable and the numbers of copies sold there so high?

Has XSEED said anything in regards to how ToCSI and II sold out here in the west? I mean, obviously the first did well enough that they stuck with bringing the second over too, but I remember when I got my copy of II at release, the cashier said something along the lines that had I not ordered it, they wouldn't have even gotten ANY copies shipped to that location, and even then I think they probably only got two or three in that first shipment. Plus, outside of Fucking Gamestop, I have yet to see a single preowned copy of Cold Steel on either the PS3 or Vita at any of the stores here.

Could be that Sony is trying to forcibly push the system out there. If something sold well prior as a multiplat, maybe the idea is that coercing the developer to jump over exclusively to the PS4 is a way to force a decision on the local fanbase (buy a PS4, or you don't get to experience the next chapter of the saga)?

Anecdotally I think your experience is probably the norm.

I get that mentality, but despite the Vita having the lead over the home consoles, Japan is so casual almost all of them don't use consoles or PC's for playing games. Check the sales lists for any non-Pokemon or DQ or other popular game released there compared to overseas, it's almost pointless to release it there aside from it being the region where it's developed. I don't think Sony can do anything about the cultural problem: Japanese people spending all their time going from place to place and working all the time leaves little room for playing games anywhere but on the trips to and from work/school. It's not an issue of the install base not being in their favor, the console is running uncontested in Japan, and I don't think anyone there who played ToCS I and II will buy a PS4 to play the third. They'll either switch to different Vita game, or go full retard with mobile playing the newest free to play bullshit scheme to pretend they haven't abandoned their childhood hobby years ago.

I understand all the arguments. I just don't think the numbers are there for any of them to make sense.

The console is dead bro. Just accept it.

What even happened out there that consoles suddenly became so much less popular? I can at least sadly get why dedicated handhelds are being ditched in favor of mobile ports and shit (less for them to have to take with them in travel), but considering how long Nintendo and Sony have been in the console business, it seems like the console market there would have been fine in the past (otherwise they might have gone the way of Sega), so if the unpopularity is something more recent, what caused it? I'd have thought "not being home enough to play them" would have been a much longer standing issue than something just cropping up.

Cell phones and PCs have become powerful and ubiquitous enough that most people don't see the need for a dedicated gaming platform.

Got nothing against you liking the system as a weeb machine, but all you've done in this thread is ask questions meant for a piracy thread and complain about emulation. Tell me what other console was dead in the same year 150~ish games release for it broseph.

All we have to go on is what we hear, right? Few people report on the actual phenomenon of the decline of real games there, but the consensus seems to be a lack of time from the commutes, and a lack of space in the home. And this but something always feels off to me playing a mobile game. Either the controls are wrong or the art style is awful or something, but they all feel and look the same and it's rare I spend any significant amount of time with any of them. Personal tastes aside I guess Japan cares less about that stuff.

I'd heard in the past that the Japanese saw PCs more for work than pleasure, hence (outside of eroge, anyhow, being that it's hard to get those onto actual systems with sex scenes intact) there not being all that many PC friendly developers out there, aside from some outliers like Falcom. Has that changed that much?

Yeah, I'd much rather play games on actual systems with buttons and sticks than something that's just a touch screen, or that requires an entire separate device to function as the control pad. Plus, I would expect that playing vidya on mobile devours the battery far quicker than it would on a handheld.

Well, Both cold steel the edgeheg games have managed to retain their value online, that's always a good indication of selling well enough(could just be that xseed did a piss poor print run), the LE for the first game is still available on shit like amazon though, which is always odd.

I've heard that all the Japs really like to play on PC aside from porn and slightly interactive books is Counter Strike.

I'm sort of relieved I didn't get too invested in the ToCS series now.

From what I know of things, at least in the past, XSEED's been decent about keeping Falcom stuff available to buy on their website long after release. Doesn't really say that much about sales though, just that they've seemed to have enough left of various games that, at least as of a few years back, you could still find Ys Seven and other PSP games on their storefront. Some games though they do shortprint, or don't market that well, and thus are fairly hard to find and/or a bit pricy these days. I think Avalon Code's about $50 complete these days, and when I saw an anniversary pack of Wild Arms 5 earlier this week at a store, it was up to $50 as well (that one's generally been one of the harder to find, pricier-on-the-aftermarket entries in the series, behind ACF, in my experiences).

Some vita deals on VGP
videogamesplus.ca/specials.php?page=1

And also the Flash sale
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEPSVGAM

dualshockers.com/2016/12/23/european-playstation-stores-massive-january-sale-starts-today-700-titles-discounted-final-fantasy-xv-last-deal-christmas/

why does europe get the best sales

Anyone know if Atelier Escha & Logy is any good? I played and enjoyed Mana Khemia and Ar Tonelico if it's similar to those.

You bet. The more I play this game, the more I appreciate its quality. Crisp graphics, fun game mechanics, challenge, lots of micro management and the music is really good (even the shops like the one in embed have fun, dynamic tunes). The (optional) tutorial periodically drip feeds just enough info to level up your game. A really good piece of work.

Which is why I was a little surprised at first to see a 'critic' score of only 73 on meta'critic'. This game deserves at least 85 imho and it looks actual gamers agree as the user score is 88. I dove a little into the 'critic' reviews to find out why this disparity and… oh. I see. Looks like 'fan service' is icky, so it got the thumbs down from the criticucks. Guess their panties twist really fast these days, definitely a lot faster than the ESRB which rated the game M (heck, Dragon's Crown is ESRB-T).

But you know what? That's just fine. It means that DT2 stays far below the mainstream hipster radar and remains niche. Perfect. Wouldn't want the NY Times' resident 'It's current year-1, Nintendo!' noobmale to write a piece on it after snorting out his morning latte on seeing the introduction pic of Melvy and Alisia.

Polite sage due to late reply.

Anyone know if Atelier Sophie's that good, and if so, is the required firmware low enough that I could use the QCMA trick to get the game onto my Vita without needing to update?

MeiQ is 18.something$ on amazon.

Yeah, I remember some user months back dropping some archive of an article by one of the usual suspects kvetching about DT2 being lewd and trying to shame Atlus for having picked it up to bring west (also probably the devs as well for even making it), saying that "they can do better than this."

Between "why is this allowed" tier whining by journos, handing games off to reviewers with little interest in the given genre, and at times making assumptions that their readerbase just wouldn't give a shit anyhow, I find I place much more value on reviews and opinions of regular customers, or at least site that devote themselves to focusing on a given genre (and thus know what the sort of people interested in a type of game want to know about) than anything a more mainstream publication puts out on a game. Hell, if I'm digging through the library of an older system and see a game that I don't hear much good or ill about from regular anons, it actually gets me curious if I'm staring at some otherwise worthwhile game that got overlooked by most people due to faring poorly with critics.

The only downside is that the whining of the journos eventually is fed back to the devs (user reviews much less so as they are low visibility) and then they may start censoring themselves in order to 'streamline the game' or ' reach a wider audience'. When that happens, the game is kill and it is a damn shame to see happen.

I can understand the argument of 'they can do better than this' to some extent, but what people uttering it don't realise is that when devs are pushed to do something else than what they actually want to do, they become less motivated and suddenly, they no longer think up enjoyable mechanics or (god forbid) create a challenge because they are too stifled to do so. Ergo, #TheyCanDoBetter is cancer. Let the devs do what they want, the ESRB will sort out the rest.

These days, I'm doing something similar to you. Games on Metacritic where critic reviews and user reviews diverge markedly pique my interest, and then I start digging in (without spoilering the game too much) to see if the game is my cup of tea or not. Your strategy is good, too.

Yeah. Worries me a bit that Atlus might opt to censor more if they bring over DT2-2, in an effort to appease people that likely don't even like their games in the first place (barring maybe Persona 4, which somehow got absurdly popular with the media as the "last good game on the PS2" or whatever it was called at the time). Though, that's if they even bring it over and don't just pull an Endless Frontier, completely ignoring the sequel as something that might be worth the effort to bring west.

And I agree, when there's a drastic difference between user reviews and "professional" ones in either direction, that's a bit of a sign that something might be up. More-so if even the user reviews note how perhaps unfairly the actual critics have been treating it. Of course, there's some reading between the lines to do too (not ever player is going to have what might be similar taste as your own; plenty of plebs that play trash and praise it as being great), and a person's actual description is liable to be of much more use than a generic number rating. Also, while metacritic's user reviews can have some value, sometimes you might have to go beyond that in cases where there's simply very little in the way of user reviews there. I know a game I was doing some research on last week had pretty much all professional critics finding it to range from mediocre to outright bad, and the game was rather lacking in user submitted reviews there as well (hell, even on RPGamer it only had prerelease info; no site reviewer or even regular reader had submitted a review in the fifteen years since it released); Amazon's customer reviews proved to be more useful than anywhere else in that case.

Well, I sure hope they do with minimal censorship. If not, I'll have to bite the bullet and import (know enough basic kanji to manoever through a game). It's strongly dependent on US-EU sales figures for DT2, though. VGChartz says DT2 shifted about 50000 copies, as much as in Japan itself. Makes me slightly optimistic about a localization for DT2-2, if not physical then at least digital.

Agree with your second paragraph. Of course I don't limit myself to metacritic - it's merely a starting point. And through experience, you learn to quickly separate the wheat (good, honest descriptions of a game) from the chaff (bullshit, fanboyism, SocJus nonsense). In the end, though, you are your best guide so let your experiences have the last word (even though it may let you down once in a blue moon).

Huh, that doesn't sound all that bad, and Atlus is aware that the bulk of what they handle is going to get niche sales. Still, I suppose it's going to depend entirely on if they were satisfied with the sales of DT2 prior. Just because a game sells the same in the west as in Japan doesn't always mean the company that took the risk on it is going to want to take it again, depending on how much those sales are. For example, I've heard that Shadow Hearts: Covenant sold close in number between both Japan and west, but Midway apparently didn't want to take the risk with the series anymore (either that or their own financial issues were catching up to them, though that would be a few years prior to their bankruptcy), leading to XSEED picking up FtNW instead.

The way I've seen it, it's been more trying to decipher honest happiness with a game and not just someone trying to justify to themselves that they liked the game they dropped money on, which I think might be more apt in some cases. I mean, I generally don't trust mainstream media to know a good game if it's also a niche one, but in cases where there's just so fucking little to go off of review-wise, it does seem a concern. Still, while older vidya, especially stuff that didn't sell too well at the time, can be pretty pricy, that depends entirely on if there's demand for it in the aftermarket. A game that sold poorly on account of journos shitting on it, and not being discussed much at all can at least have next to know demand and and otherwise low cost that might make it an easier risk to take (though you could always emulate or pirate in the case of most older games anyhow). And I'll certainly say that some games I've enjoyed despite their flaws, I'm not sure I could say the same had I bought them at full price, or had some big amount of hype from series or dev name going in.

Money, huh. It is at the center of everything. Atlus has to look at how much DT2 Vita cost to produce physically (and virtually), cost to localise (which must have been modest considering the audio was left unaltered), look at the sales figures over time and then decide whether or not DT2-2's projected sales figures are worth it to do that again. I don't know the inner workings of Atlus, but I do know that 100k copies globally is very niche. I suspect virtual copies only, maybe a limited, collector's edition physical release in JP-US only. At the very least they cannot pretend that the west didn't like DT2 very much.

As for us, the money we lay down for a game can certainly have an enhancing effect on how we feel about it. It all depends on your personal situation, of course. These days, I mostly hold out buying a game until the complete edition appears, and then wait a little longer until their price is inevitably slashed in half. There's one dev left from which I'll lap up the day one edition of any game they put forward: From Software. All the rest is scrutinised because some point or other, they started 'streamlining', pandering, season passing, DLCing, etc. Sure, I can afford to pay full price, but have become very reluctant to do so due to publishers being increasingly greedy bastards and employing ever-crazier schemes. A super deluxe limited edition of a game which doesn't contain the game? 10 years ago, I would have trouble stopping laughing. Now it's a reality and my smile and optimism are gone.

You're right about deciphering the intentions of a reviewer (user or critic), I usually try to peel off any non-relevant constructs they employ (like the examples you raised) until left with the facts and statements deemed genuine. Then I try to match these with other reviews and see if they remain standing sufficiently tall. Thankfully, the internet made this easy to do. It was different back in the day when all you had was magazines, arcades and word of mouth. Let's be thankful we have all this data to disect (sometimes resulting in delicious sodium harvesting).

Better question in that case is whether it would have cost them less to have paid for the licensing to the Japanese audio than just done it English dub only as they've been so wont to do in the past.

Depends entirely on the sort of game, and whether or not they're prone to getting them. Part of why the situation Gust's had confuses me: I can get why they've been doing Plus labeled extended releases on the Vita as the games weren't there in the vanilla format (thus I think a lot of people have wisely adopted a "wait-for-Plus" mindset to save money and get the most from the games), but with Sophie having been on the PS3, PS4, and Vita in Japan, it raises the question of if they're newer titles may even see an actual Plus release if the original is launching across multiple platforms anyhow. Of course, that certainly didn't stop Soul Sacrifice or Toukiden from seeing expanded releases on the Vita despite being on the Vita anyhow, but still. It's like, do you take the risk and drop the money now under the assumption they may not bother with a Plus version, or waste money should a Plus version come out in the end?

Stupid shit like Horse Armor and its ilk really did a number on the things. The digital format in general has become horribly abused; ideally, I would have liked to see it primarily used as simply another format option and a means of cheap rereleases of otherwise expensive games, but so many companies just use it as a reason to cut content from the base release of games to sell on the side to customers for extra shekels (you rarely get a full game for the default price anymore), or to cut out the cost of physical production entirely and force customers to just buy digitally, which can sit at full price long after release (excluding occasional sales), especially since there's no preowned aftermarket to compete with.

A wise way of handling things. Part of why, in perusing certain places, it's nice to see multiple takes on a game, even in occasional cases from the same outlet (RPGfan for example has a total of four separate official reviews on Shadow Hearts 1). Not even as a "I highly disagree with X reviewer, the game is much better/worse" reasoning, but simply that either enough people had a vested interest in playing it and opted to share their thought as "official" pieces, or that enough review copies made the rounds. Really helps provide multiple standpoints on things and you can get a better picture than you otherwise might.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of JP audio licensing, but I guess this time it was cheaper than dubbing. Fans are asking for better and better voice work, so better VAs need to get hired and those may become more expensive than paying a fee for the existing JP VA work. Long gone are the days of Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Deep Fear (and I really miss those days, as I am a huge fan of voice overacting).

Well, can you afford both? If no, what's in the 'basic' edition and is that sufficient for you? If no, wait for Plus. If Plus doesn't come, no loss, you'd feel duped with the basic version anyway (and you could still try scrounging up a cheap second hand copy on Amazon or a flea market).

Yes. In the past, you had to fulfill some exotic conditions to unlock cool stuff, now that's all locked away behind a pay wall. Or the true ending to your game is cut out and offered as DLC (Dead Rising 4). I could afford to buy all that stuff but I won't out of principle. Honestly, if they keep going further and further off the deep end with this, I'll check out completely from current gen and instead stick to the good stuff from the past. So be it.

Thanks for reminding me about this game. I should start looking around for From the New World, it's the one title in the series I never picked up for some reason. I do have mixed feelings about multiple reviews on one site, though. Sometimes it helps, but there's always a chance of the echo chamber effect. Unfortunately, GameJournoPros proved with the Gamers Are Dead articles that the echo chamber can even encompass different magazines altogether. A chilling thought.

Anyway, gotta split for today. Thanks for the back and forth, user, have a good one.

As soon as my imported games come in, I can take a break from the cancer that is Overwatch.

No problem. As a heads up, From the New World is a bit of a hit or miss game with series fans due o the balance of quirk to dark being much heavier on the quirk side than prior entries; combat's the most refined in the series though, and it's still overall a solid game. Also about the cheapest entry at this point as well.

Does strike me as a shame that Shadow Hearts, as well as other PS2 JRPGs, didn't see Vita ports/collections at the very least as I think they'd have been pretty at home on the system, but in Shadow Hearts' case, maybe it's for the best, given how much kvetching the media would probably do, or changes to the scripts a publisher might make if it wasn't just XSEED publishing it again.

Why do you play overwatch user?

I'd like to think more people are like me and do the research before jumping into or on a game, but apparently not. At least a few others do, and you explained the value in doing so exceptionally well.

Feeling kinda like a cheater lately. Been playing no Vita, just PC for a long time. Soon, Vita, soon.

I'd like to think the average user is more willing to do research on games, but considering how many "Just bought [X], what am I in for?" type threads that are around from time, either a fair amount of people make impulse purchases, or are in the mood for actually having a surprise (I'm not sure which).

Dead Nation

Nothing.

Nothing.

Merry Christmas fuckers, I hope you have a shitty Christmas.

My imports came today. Just in time for Christmas. Time to dust off my handheld.

This should keep me busy until I have to shelve the poor nogamestation once more. Happy Holidays /vitagen/!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else too.

How much was Moe Chronicle? Just curious.

35 dollarydoos and I used a 5 buck coupon which did fuckall except take off the shipping from that site. I would've gotten the Tactics Ogre Artbook too but I'd rather have vidya for now.

Have fun user and Merry X-mas

I finished Shovel Knight, after picking it up thanks to the Vita physical release. I enjoyed it a lot.

>mfw I got a 64gb card and nep vs sega hard girls for christmas
So how do a transfer all my shit to a new card? Just move everything to my PC, switch cards and then move everything back right?

CMA has a backup and restore option.

Merry christmas to you and all of the kind and helpful Vita supporting regulars in this general. I didn't get anything Vita related for christmas, and the only thing I would have ordered for myself aside from another trigger grip case for my other 1000 model is out of stock everywhere, so no biggie. However my copy of DQB that I ordered almost three months ago finally arrived, and I am happy about my own physical copy of shovel knight that I will play one day, hopefully soon.

this is the only decently good looking christmas console tan image I could find

Is downgrading still impossible?

Alright, faggots. I'm torn between ordering a SHITTON of imports off Amazon.co.jp for muh Vita right now (SaGa: Scarlet Grace, New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City, Reco Love, etc.) or saving the $300 in dosh I got for Christmas for what is looking like an absolutely hellish Q1 2017 for releases. Gravity Rush 2, NieR Automata, REVII, Yakuza 0, Fate/Extella…

What should I do?

50:50 between Q1 and imports? Or whatever ratio you feel is the best.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

No, I'm not having fun.

After thinking about it some, I ordered some shit.

fug

Is Darkest Dungeon worth it, lads?

Fucking weeb faggot I hope you get comfy and have fun

Not without mods. The foundation is excellent, the game itself is designed around maximum grind to the point that RNG can undo a significant amount of the progress you've made; sometimes the progress you thought you made will be taken away from you, such as several unlucky encounters killing a character, beating the last dungeon and never getting to go into it again with the same character, or sometimes even a full party wipe. The RNG or the grind would be tolerable, but both is way too much.

Thanks for the headsup, definitely going to pass on that.

Is that playable on 3.60?

If it's not, no big deal for me. I've got a separate system for my hacking shenanigans, and one for my current FW shit.

Anyone still play cyber sluts? Sometimes when I load a game I get like x2 hard difficulty. Noticed this when I was levelling. Seriphmon usually kills 2/3 digimon with his special and leaves the 3rd with 20~%. When I the super difficulty he barely takes 50% hp on all of them.

Oh yeah, and forgot to add. When I turn it down to normal I get like super easy mode. lilithmon does like 6-8k with her accelerated special on bosses. seriphmon like 2-3k per hit for his. it's retarded.

Requesting guide to pirate and hack my Vita, thanks.

Congrats, you now have henkaku - the included shell can be used to install one format of vita game, which is .vpk files. You can transfer these via qcma by just renaming them to .mp4s then renaming back in the shell, or using the slow as balls built in FTP. Note that you have to re-run the exploit every reboot.

Optional shit:
Maidump tool, another common game install format
>github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
Switchkaku, lets you re-exploit via the email app
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=47473

Made some typos, doesn't change anything. If the exploit doesn't run (browser just crashes and nothing happens within 30s) just reboot and retry

Thanks big guy. Is there any recommended site for Vita piracy downloads?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:128ede0170ad5811ee95364bb093c07303600588&dn=Mai+Torrent

North of 400 games, install via maidump. It's seeded by reddit, so don't feel bad about leeching just the games you want.

I forgot I had the NISA games, Disgaea 3 and 4 since almost 2 years. Anyone now what to do on post-game?

you play the grindan game, alot of Item world and checking the demon senate for specific post game scenarios i think.

how can I get a white vita for cheap?
not nip

So is this the last week of holiday sales? or is there gonna be a 4th week?

Nip or not doesn't matter, the system is region-free and you can set the system language to English.

Didn't you hear him, so said a vita for cheap, meaning he doesn't want to get fucked in the ass by importing.

No one is going to be peddling a White Vita that isn't from Japan or isn't on Craig's List.

Just found out recently that PSN access is currently inaccessible to Henkaku users. I have Henkaku installed on my Vita and I do want to be able to use PSN on my only Vita device. Should I wait it out and see if it gets patched, or should I uninstall it and just upgrade?

Mind you, I installed Henkaku for homebrew modding and not for piracy.

No one cares what you use Henkaku for. If your need for online exceeds the utility of the homebrew, then update, as that is the only way you can use PSN right now that doesn't involve transferring files from a PS3. Just be aware that you can't go back without hardware modifications.

You can also do PSN downloads/installs via a PS3, not sure about PS4 though.

Some games force an update anyway, don't they?

No, but factory resetting the system with wifi on will.

You have to go extra steps to fool the Update Requirement that pings everytime you try to bring your Vita online, connect it for a file transfer, or run wifi/3G signal that isn't for Twitter or some other app (because having to be signed on to the PSNetwork). There IS a bypass that tricks the check for PSN updates on your Vita but as I recall it's not 100% foolproof.

Finished GR just in time for the animation. Too bad GR2 on Vita is neverever, but its still not enough of a reason to buy a PS4 even if it's supposedly getting hacks tomorrow

store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/holiday-sale-week-4/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP

Not that I have plans to buy it, but what exactly warrants Attack on Titan having a default cost that exceeds the standard $40 for a digital purchase? Looking at both than an the US PSN, they normally want $50 for it out here in the US and whopping $67 for it in Canuckistan.

Milking Attack on Titan fans for more money since they'll eat anything up

Should have guessed. Just seemed like more of the sort of thing Namco would do due to how greedy they are (I honestly had forgotten TK was doing Attack on Titan), or the way Atlus has marked up handheld games a good $10 or so above standard, between extras and their fucking logo (one of the used vidya stores I know of has said that there's been a surprising influx of Fatlus in the area that buy up anything, new or old, with Atlus' logo on it, making it really hard for them to get stuff in and/or keep it in stock, especially games that didn't sell particularly well to begin with; probably why I've only seen two copies of Steambot Chronicles locally in the last two or three years).

ps4's are getting pretty cheap these days. There's also more and more upcoming games and a lot of vita releases that are better on the PS4.

I wonder who could be behind this post…

Not him, but the PS4 is worth buying right now, and it'll be even more worth it soon.

Is it December 2017?

It'll be worth it when it is sub 200 dollars canadian, and there are more than 1 or 2 games released on it that I can't play better or cheaper on my PC. But you're right that if someone owns a toaster it's no longer the worst short-term investment that it was upon release.

Does anyone know what that site was called that tracks all the sale prices psn games had over the years?

Bought 64GB card the other week.
8150 rubles :^)

here, have a batter trash webm

psprices.com/region-us/index

thanks buddy

If they don't announce Eng soon I'm learning moon just for this fucker. Goddammit Kawazu

I also might have to see about fucking around with my Vita to get SaGa Frontier on that motherfucker. I'd even accept having a separate JP profile. I think I have the wrong version for modding it

Considering Square refused to bring over SaGa 2 and 3's DS remakes (they had to be fan-translated) and haven't bothered to put SaGa Frontier 1 and 2 on the western PSNs (despite both being on the JP one), I honestly wouldn't bet on them announcing Scarlet Grace coming overseas.

It won't be in English.

Henkaku now has DS4 controller support via plugin

muh dick

Does Japan have the same issue that west does where most games/systems have dropped the manual, or are they more prone to going that extra mile?

More than half of my Vita imports have really great manuals.

I assume they at least avoid the whole "manual is only thick because it's in 3+ languages" issue that western ones have dealt with, but how many of them are full color and go beyond just standard controls?

I just got freedom wars, why is it asking to choose a random city when creating my anime girl?

IA/VT, Ys VIII, Luminous Arc Infinity, New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City, and Valkyrie Drive have really good manuals. Dragon Quest Builders, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Project Diva X have "manuals" with controls and not much else. SaGa: Scarlet Grace has controls and a really neat map of the game world.

got muh weebshit

If you have access to a good scanner, maybe do a high-res scan of that map for posterity?

Here's a non shit resolution pic from the PS4 version, but the texture resolution is still shit.

Fucking around a bit in Photoshop with the hue really makes it seem like the poster reads as either "Devi's Grande Valse" or "Devi's Brande Vaise" or something. I'm more of the opinion it's the former since "valse" is an actual word (alternate term for waltz). Though, I'm still not sure if it's that's supposed to be a poster for an actual object (doujin maybe?) or a parody, and the Ring behind the text reminds me that Media.Vision was also the devs for the Chaos Rings series.

bump

SaGa: Scarlet Grace is good, guys! It's good!

Fuck I'm might just say fuck it and get it at it's regular 15 dollar price point, but I know as soon as I do it will go on sale. Shit happens every fucking time.

That's nice to hear. I remember seeing one user a while back claiming it to be the next Unlimited Saga. Not sure if he was shitposting or not (I don't know moon so it's not like I can see for myself with SG), but the notion didn't bode well.

It looks very pretty.

Can't recall hearing much about Damascus Gear from anons, be it good or bad. Hell, if memory serves it was practically a stealth release.

I played the jap demo of it, it was decent enough for me to want the full game but it didn't feel like something that I'd pay full price for. That's where the problem starts of it never going on sale.

Well, while I suppose maybe the pre-existing low "default" price might be the cause, that hasn't prevent SSD from getting into flash sales occasionally, having already permanently dropped from $35 to $17 (I think). I've seen it occasionally as low as $4.

In disgaea 3 what you want to work towards is getting a Puppy Paw stick and dupeing items off your own characters in character world. Basically take a level 1 give him a super good item you want to make copies of like a traphezoid shove all the residents you need into it before hand and repeat until you have the desired effect. Unlike Disgaea 1 the EXP resident doesn't have a hard cap of 300 and you can use as many 300 stacks as you want.

Getting these fuckers is the most important thing post game so id suggest going for them immedatley along with the stick. If done right you will have 3 legendary trap's on a single level 1 with 8, 300 statisticians inside each one.
Hopefully you will have a weapon that can hold another 8 meaning you will get 5800% bonus EXP from every kill. Allowing you to level up to 9999 in one attack if set up properly.

After that you'll be doing a lot of item world in hopes of getting specific shops to buy everything they hold. What you really want is the Land of Carnage maps.

If you are still working your way through the story though id suggest you take a fire witch all the way along with you since they deal insane amounts of damage and there are very few levels story wise that have fire resistance and in the few instances they wont work out that well they come with a new skill in the vita version that refresh's SP allowing you to spam skills forever early on.

That's nice to hear. Overall reception on Amazon JP looks pretty positive, remarkable for a series gone so long without a meaningful new entry.

Kawazu promised a Vita version, and it wouldn't take much for them to just reuse the Android translation. I'll probably give up hope in a few more months and start learning Kanji

I played and enjoyed Tales of Zestiria a while back and while my knowledge of nipponese is extremely basic I still thought that the translation was pretty decent for the most part. As in, what my ears recognised seemed to match up to what I was reading on the screen more or less.

I just picked up Tales of Hearts R and while it seems fun so far even a baka gaijin like me can tell that the translation is fucking awful. What the fuck happened? I mean the protagonist literally has a different name for fuck's sake. I can physically hear characters calling him "Shing Meteorite", what's wrong with using that name? Why did the text decide he should have some random name pulled from someone's ass? Not to mention the general conversations seem extremely liberal with their interpretation, lots of slang and stupid shit thrown in for no reason. What a disaster all around.

8-4 got too much freedom and Bamco didn't care

Some of this shit is "Eat your hamburgers Apollo" tier
This sort of garbage localisation really shouldn't be allowed

Hollow Realization has the same problem. Really one of the worst non-machine translations I've ever seen aside from Treehouse. Bamco obviously couldn't care less about the quality of its games in the west, and why would they when most gamers are idiots who defend the shittiest translations? Just another reason to learn Japanese.

Here's the deal with Tales localizations: Starting with Abyss PS2, Namco hired 8-4. Since then, as far as the main series goes, they've handled Vesperia 360, Graces f, Xillia (maybe also Xillia 2, though they're only listed under "Special Thanks", which makes me think it was a separate team and 8-4 got credited for terms they had used prior?), and Hearts R. Now, for the most part, they've done an adequate job from Abyss to Xillia, probably because Namco actually cared about how those turned out here. With Hearts R however, Namco didn't care to bring it west in the first place, and I would guess that when they finally relented (after SCEA did the right thing for once and polled Vita owners on what games they wanted), they didn't give a shit about holding 8-4 to the same leash they'd held them on prior. As such, according to Kajitani-Eizen (who had been handling the as of now canceled DS fan translation), who was familiar with the Japanese script, he estimates only 40% of the script is accurate, with the remaining 60% being shit 8-4 made up on the fly. I keep hoping that the Vita having henkaku might inspire an "unfuck my shit" ground-up retranslation patch for the game, but I haven't heard of any actual Vita fan translations being in the works.

As of now, to my knowledge 8-4 isn't touching Tales anymore. I think Namco's got some new group they brought in starting with Xillia 2. For further reading on recent Tales localizations (Xillia, Xillia 2, Hearts R, Zesteria), you can read through some of Kajitani's posts on the matter (do be aware when he's being cheeky though):
blade2187.com/2013/09/21/kangaroo-returns-tales-of-xillia-2013/
blade2187.com/2014/04/21/no-no-no-no-no-no/
blade2187.com/2014/06/12/you-guys-need-a-localization-director/
blade2187.com/2014/08/25/the-arte-of-arte-naming/
blade2187.com/2014/11/10/like-moths-to-a-flame/
blade2187.com/2014/11/16/a-crash-korse-in-how-not-to-localize/

8-4 was a fucking mistake

Again, that's probably stemming from Namco not holding them on leash, or maybe not even having attempted to put one on them (while 8-4 has had a pretty hit or miss track record, I would imagine their better scripts are ones where the hiring company actually cared about how the game was received here and to what degree the English script followed the Japanese one). Was doing some brief research recently to try to double check about who-did-what for a thread, and found this disgusting mention on their wiki page, which might explain their… "enthusiasm"… with Hearts R.
In the case of Hearts R, I imagine Namco provided them with next to no oversight and they just rewrote shit all over as they saw fit to, because that's what they enjoy doing.

Suddenly I am VERY worried for NieR: Automata.

As much as hate 8-4, they actually may be a better choice than Square Enix. Square Enix's Final Fantasy Type-0 localization gives Nintendo's Treehouse and NISA a run for their money in terms of terrible localizations.

As you should be. 8-4's had a strange track record of doing both good and bad work over the years; not sure if they've got multiple teams over there (some being better than others) or if, again, it's just a matter of what the company that hires them will let them get away with. Lately though they seem to have embraced standing in the shitter, and between that, Square's previous hiring of them for Drakengard 3 (and how that one turned out in English), and Taro himself saying he's leaving it in 8-4s hands as to what all needs to be done, I'd say it's a wait-and-see at best. Let some other anons play guinea pig and provide tales and evidence of how good or bad the English version is.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what's up with Square themselves in regards to their recent stuff, whether they've adopted habits from the times they've worked with 8-4, or have maybe hired tumblr to write for them, but it really, really makes me leery of playing anything that comes from them these days.
I really have no idea what they're thinking these days, aside from maybe being really overzealous in the idea that someone could get offended, or that "memes are in, everyone's doing it!" for stuff like the WoFF, or that "Mog" doesn't cut it anymore and moogles needed the Xe/Xie/Xo/Xum treatment instead.

Bit telling though that, according to Mato, their old hiring process used to include submitting fanfaction about Square's characters.

Oh, well, I'm importing NieR: Automata in the first place. I'm just worried for those who can't into moonrunes.

Well if the PC version doesn't have Denuvo they can just pirate it and wait for fans to fix it like what happened for Fire Emblem.

Strikes me that that would depend entirely on how devoted western fans are to fixing it. A restoration patch for graphics is one thing, but if the whole game needs retranslation, that's another.

I know a few of you were interested in the AT2 relocalization, it was released just a few days ago. Just posted a prepatched version in the share thread, enjoy

Thank you, I'd been keeping tabs on their site for updates, but apparently not well enough. Kind of nice when stuff like that gets released around the holidays, as if a Christmas gift to those waiting (this year's apparently having been that, E.V.O. PC-98, and GoH IV.

Now to get my friend to let me use his non-toaster computer to install it to my IDE once it's all downloaded.

On a related note:
There's a joke to be had about how long it took (early 2009 to end of 2016) in there somewhere, but thankfully this hasn't been nearly as long as Cless' "twelve years to translate Phantasia PS1" patch.

I got my vita cracked, but should I bother updating PS4? I haven't updated in like a year.

DT2, working on scout crowns. Also planning to test what stat factors into the longevity of the Illusion and Shadow Clone spells. Need to make my ninjas and Papillons more effective than they are. Also craving some non-tentacle doujin for the characters but that's just me.

For my money to be in place so I can blow my load all over March and pick up DT2-2, Peach Beach Splash, and be able to enjoy the fuck out of them.

New bowls to replace the ones roomie just broke cause he failed his DEX roll. Make it a great new years, everyone.

(Most) Lewds are from ToHeart2.

DT2, mucking around in the upper floors of the Giant Tree and in the Ice Cavern thing in the Otherworld.
Project Diva f
Nothing, gotta save my shekels.

Are those official lewds or fanmade?

iirc they're official and from the fandisc. I don't think Ikuno has a route or scenes in the main game. I won't know until I get to playing it deep, anyway.

How'd I do? Did I fuck up?

Pretty decent I'd say, given it's coming with that big a memory card.
Hope mine never goes bad.

Now that 2017 is here, what are the scheduled releases for this year?

He hosed you for about $50, user. The slims get bulk sold on ebay in bursts, depending on how sharp your eyes are. Typically around the $100 threshold. And if that memory card isn't new, it's probably not something you'd want to trust, Sony's proprietary shit being something you're better off nabbing new and at least snatching a warranty with it. Not to mention the seller's charging shipping (something traditionally included in price, even with the "ebay takes its cut" percentages to think about).

Be wary of any faults in it and keep eyes peeled for a cheaper slim, even through craigslist if you have to.

Think Atelier Shallie Plus comes out later this month.

Speaking of which, I have to wonder if those first-print outfits are going to be two weeks late in NA again, the way I remember E&L's were.

ya fucked up

I thought I did good for under 3.60 fw. Well fuck

It's not a pricey lesson, so long as that card works. The card is probably the reason the seller jacked the amount going. And you'll have to forgive me because I'd been using ebay's Buy It Now option so long that I forgot there was a negotiation/bidding angle to begin with. That itself means goods will be noticeably above your max price point depending on rarity.

Honestly, could be a lot worse. The Jew-ery that goes with nabbing a 64gb card is a lot worse.

What's so good about it? I've never played a SaGa game.

You did good.
People telling you that you fucked up are used to what prices were back before production on new ones stopped. Price has been rising for a while.

Wait clones and shadow clone longevity is also influenced by stats?

my old Vita broke and I remember hearing that the original OLED version was better.

Is the OLED worth saving up for an original model?
and if so, how would one go about getting an original model that isnt used?

No, just buy another Vita. Doesn't matter which one.
You hope there's someone out there that actually has an new OLED that is selling it.

Correction: Selling it at an actually reasonable price, more like? Considering how every so often you see some guy out there selling an unopened old game (saw an unopened copy of Super Metroid locally a year or so back that was marked at $400), it wouldn't shock me if there's at least a few people that have been sitting on some, though I'm not sure how the market for reselling unopened game systems compare to unopened games.

Anyone knows if cross-save works with pirated games? I have a legit Trails of cold steel 2 on my PS3, will I be able to get my save file if I pirate it on my Vita?

I'm still mad that Shizuo is the playable DRRR! rep and not Celty. Motorcycle-based combos would've been cool as fuck.

has any user tried buying from this ebay seller?

ebay.com/itm/132047813244

If you can stand a neofag archive (unfortunately for me, it's pretty much the only place on the English speaking internet to talk about it) there's a really good, in-depth post that goes over why it's so good.

archive.is/1gHYD

I wonder why they have this system in Persona 4 Golden where if Brotag dies its instant game over. Playing it on Hard and thats where most of the challenge seems to come from for dungeons like the one styled after a game. It doesnt seem to be wrecking my shit like DeSu1 or SMT4 did.

I'd have to buy another Vita to play this. What a shame.

It requires 3.61. Isn't there a way to spoof that now?

No, not yet.

Bumping this thread (again)

also there are good deals on EU PSN

Don't have much to say other than a couple of purchases. The overpriced but amazing Joetsu L2/R2 grip (silver buttons since black sold out) for the 1000 model is on its way for my second Vita with region R3 and got a pre order in for Super Robot Wars V. Enjoying my time daily at lunch with Project X Zone right now and wouldn't mind something else like it after I finish the sequel in a while.

My Moe Chronicle party is Orthrus, Kentauros, Fairy, Nekomata, Fish lady. I can't really dick pick my team and I benched Fenrir.

Which Vita should I get? 1000 or 2000?

Can anyone help me with Switchkaku or the offline installer? I've followed all instructions which simply state to open email application without adding an account, and then it spits out errors saying that it doesn't detect the email.db file. What the fuck gives? Anyone else having this issue?

I don't know you tell me son…

hmmm

Is it possible to emulate dreamcast games on the vita with retro arc yet?

Jesus, these instructions to undub Persona 4 are a fucking pain in the ass. Anyone got a 2.0 download link of it? I only found the 1.0 patch.

Get on my yuropoor level.

Import it from another country. Here in Brazil, for example, most Vitas sold in stores are still the original model.

faggots

Consider the following

I WANT TO FUCK A CYBER SLUT

Production of the physical game has also stopped or is about to. Pretty sad about it since I was waiting for a sale before jumping, but recently learned Bamco has very very limited print runs of physical games for no good reason.

Yup, Bamco is stopping the print run of a lot of their Asian English games. Get G Generation Genesis while you can. Same goes for Gundam Breaker 3.

Bread near 300 (after 20days!). /r/ing next bread : semen twins edition!

youtube.com/watch?v=j0_OiQzHtVM

wake up

rape the maids

Well, got an 11-hour shift today. If the new thread's not made by the time I get home tonight, i'll go ahead an make it when I get back. But one I'm gonna leave it up to one of you if this falls to the last pages of the catalog while i'm gone. use that Rem and Ram pic if you would, please. It's a nice picture I'll go ahead and archive this thread and add it to the pastebin though.

Fuck you, disgusting sack of shit. Rem is for loving and tender impregnation and taking responsibility.

You can rape Ram though, nobody gives a fuck about her.

Bread is going to be kill soon.

11hours have passed…
We survived…
Now, where is the bread?…

I WANT TO FUCK A CYBERSLUT IN THE BUTT