What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More focus on trying to make their games look good than trying to make their games fun.

Consoles

Didn't we have this thread awhile ago? Sad I didn't screencap the guy who basically gave a laundry list of all the stupid things this company did.

What went right?

It looks pretty and is surprisingly well optimized?

It was a good paperweight.

mega man 2 looks good, this looks generic shit

But muh polygons!

I'm still confused for why they thought this was a good fucking idea.

They bit the hand that built and fed them and focused on the console market. The console market is already catered to by shit producers that produce the specific brand of shit that console gamers love. PC gamers don't like being treated like second class citizens. Crytek had nowhere to go. Their engine is impressive but not as versatile or developer friendly, so devs either went with Unreal, Unity, or did their own in-house thing if they had the talent. Then, to top it all off, instead of producing shit that actually sells they chased constantly shifting targets in constantly shifting markets, without a reliable income stream doing their core talent (making pretty PC-first FPS). Basically, they are a poorly managed piece of shit company that only managed to get to their high point through sheer luck.

They didn't play to their strengths in the gameplay department and became to obsessed with updating their engine rather than making games.

Also they have some really shit writers

They wanted to sell engines.

Tech demo sometimes make for bad games

Crytek is run by imbeciles.

Mechanics aside, look at the activity itself. Hunting a deer IRL doesn't stop being fun after the first time, and that's the mentality MH fans have. We're okay with hunting monsters more than once because it's still hunting monsters.

They seem to be getting closer and closer to a sweet spot where you'd get what you need before you get bored with each new iteration, though. High hopes for MHXX.

You should try them, a lot of DMC is in the DNA of DD.

Webm related sums up all their decision choices.

what

I'm a collector of old Nintendo games though, so regardless of what's "best for my wallet" when it comes to PLAYING the games, my question is whether or not it's a scam, because obviously I could resell it for a few hundred dollars. Plus it's a nice collector item.

it'll be there to some extent, just not the same

The only thing it doesn't work on are foreign Ultimate Ones like ORT

It is my type of thing. And I liked the game world too. But the overall shit gameplay killed it

not enough of a good game in their engine tech demos after crysis 1

/thread
have fun with the thread mr bot

The rapid change in the game engine industry seems to have caught them off guard with them not being competitive on price anymore.

Other than that everything seems fine unless you look towards an engine manufacturer to be a game developer but no one is that stupid right?

They probably wanted to compete with CoD or Battlefield and thought "whats a name to ride on"? Never mind that Homefront's reception was mixed at best. And the Revolution feels more like a Ubisoft game at that.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

inb4 mcchicken

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

just stop man
why use three solid sources but throw in fucking vgchartz at the top

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I started playing arkham Knight yesterday, I played until I told Gordon about Barbara working for batman. I just didn't feel like playing anymore, it wasn't fun at all.
Although, having been spoiled about the identity of the antagonist might have ruined it a bit. But I doubt I'll pick it up again

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Good lord, event her description is edgy and read like a bad fanfiction.

That's a funny way to spell Turks.

they got bought out by star citizen

jews

Turks also made Mount and Blade.

You've probably heard wrong. I know CIG are stupid enough to use Cryengine but I dont think they're that retarded to buy them out. I heard that they took people from Crytek who worked on the engine, but that was it.

I dont know why they parade the Cry engine around though. It can make games look pretty, but I hear its difficult to work on, there's no documentation, and on top of that the licensing fees are expensive.

That's always a pretty controversial topic, funny enough I can't think of any other Roach company in existence that made anything good.

Everything except the graphic.

Cevat Yerli tried to be an auteur (and failed miserably), that happened.

It doesn't help that he hired a pretentious sci-fi writer faggot to write the script for the game.