Games that can run on bricks and look nice

Games that can run on bricks and look nice

Serious Sam TFE/TSE is the king in this department. It was giving me 60+ FPS on my X200 through Wine, even when there were shitloads of Kleer Skeletons bumrushing me. It's sad that most games are going the way of being unoptimised pieces of shit that are abysmal tecnically but scrape through by requiring overpowered rigs. Games that can run on a toaster and still look good are the true masterpieces.

wtf

I agree wholeheartedly my fellow sh.. sumerian cave painting board poster. We should all buy computers with the latest Intel and NVIDA technology to truly get the most out of gaming.

None of those look nice tho

I would like to bring up EDF as well, smooth glass during explosions, although could argue that they're cheating with multiple enemies with the enemies in drawn far away are drawn at a lower framerate

you mean toasters
nothing runs on bricks

The FOX engine is a real piece of work, too bad it'll never see the light of day again

It speaks tons of the love that went into it when MGS2 still looks so good.

The engine will see the light of day again, but no one will play any of the games that use it.

Postal 2
Beyond good and evil
Far cry 2 can run on and look good on toasters and so can 1
VTMB
STALKER SoC
Republic Commandos
The Guild 2 looks nice as well
Jade Empire
Morrowind

From the top of my head. I would remember more if I were not drinking.

Are you that fucking asshole sitting in his bathtub?

lel

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

git smart

I think the point I'm trying to convey here is completely lost, and that's fine. I'll take my lumps and be done with it.

I don't have an XBox 360 anymore so I'm playing it on my PS4

XIII, this was taken few days ago

I forced AA and Texture filtering on in Catalyst Control Center

HOR UP

Big Shell still looks ultra modern despite being designed in like 2002

Reminds of how 2001 or Psycho still hold up visually by today's standards

Postal 2, VtMB, Far Cry 2 and Morrowind all look really bad

u"r*

War Thunder

Anything at all works as a beginner as long as you take your time to do it properly.
Since you said you want to draw girls it's best to just do heads all day and then some figure drawing.

Just don't practice on anime heads because they are symbols. Learn the fundamentals of 3d first then move onto anime to copy the specific stylization.

Tabata happened.

the game's so old the "cell phones" in it are those huge bricks with number pads on them and small screens

no one can beat a game in an hour and fifty miuntes

Also this

These games don't even need graphical accelleration. Same goes for a shitton of RPG's, strategy/RTS games and pre-gen 5 console emulation. If your toaster is toaster enough to have an ISA slot you can get a Soundblaster and run DOS games natively.

Pretty much every strategy game before 3D took over is the best bet. Also, if you can get your hands on a CRT monitor (i.e, you can run at low resolutions without it looking like shit), every DOS game ever looks pretty good, but especially all the adventure games.

Good optimization isn't cheating.

the mad max pc game is possibly the best-optimized game i have ever played, and looks fantastic while still running at a good framerate. it's been cracked so pirate it and see the game itself isn't fantastic but i thought it was fun

F.E.A.R is super well optimized and is great. I could even run it from a laptop without any problem at my school.

if you're going to run FEAR nowadays, make sure to look up a modern guide to getting it to run properly - it has a problem with USB plug and play or some shit, i can't remember exactly. either way when you disable what you need to disable the game will run as smooth as it possibly can

SS13

Or any Dosbox game. I recomend Supaplex

Skyrim.

XIII 2 never ever.
kill me

😂😂😂👌👌👌💯

And with that ending, it hurts even more.

MGS2 can run on a brick? Fuck, I need it then.

I feel you brother, same thing goes with Timeshift.

Ironic cancer is still cancer

makes me chuckle though

fuck outta here

I can run this shit on my laptop that doesn't even have a graphics card at around ~30 FPS its ridiculous

Wew

Downloaded Sudeki cause I saw it in a thread, turns out it runs well on my notebook, despite being a xbox game originally.

Thats Windows 8, dumbass

trying to act smug while still using windows, kek

Neat, I'll just be over here doing activities that the NSA would not approve of while they are completely unaware because I didn't install spyware/adware masquerading as an operating system.

Gold doesn't match blood

Yaawn

forgot pic

You played yourself

You played yourself as well.

What are your specs user? We might as well all post them if this thread is about toasters

(checked)
Why don't you post your specs too?

I bet you didn't even pay $8000 to have a chip implanted in your brain that relays your thoughts to intelligence agencies, fucking poorfag.

thinks that i use pc for gaming, again kek

So your PC has shit specs then?
C'mon user, post them. Don't be shy, I promise I wont laugh

still thinks specs matter when i comes to computing, damn i'm about pissing myself here

So they're really that bad hm? Just give me a hint, we talking Pentium 4, Core2Duo? I know many people who still sport a Core2Duo and DDR2 RAM of all things. We're all faggots here man just post them

Oh i'm raffing now.

Its not incompetence, its laziness and apathy. I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate on many PCs with Daz Loader. I just don't fucking care. I have an old Chromebook with Parabola and SeaBIOS installed if I want a freedom box

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 2
On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 2
Socket(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 23
Stepping: 10
CPU MHz: 2801.000
BogoMIPS: 5586.41
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 6144K

Just how bad is Win10? I might be getting a new job soon where the company uses the operating system, and I go into an autistic rage while on the job.

*don't want to go into an autistic rage.

Its a solid OS. Thats all I can say really, if you value privacy its shit. But thats a given. Overall I've had no particular issues with it. Just delete all the tiles on the Start Menu and you should fare fine.

I'm trying to identify this with the vague as fuck /proc/cpuinfo data. Is it perhaps a Core2Duo?

Fucking this. My old laptop had shitty integrated graphics and ran this game like a dream.

What are the main differences between it an win7?
I know 8 had some really backwards shit you had to do to defrag it and such.

I've used Windows 8 and I have no idea what you're talking about. Although ever since Windows 7 the way I've defragged my shit was with a defrag.bat file that I just ran overnight
:startdefrag C: /H /Wdefrag C: /H /X /Wgoto start

I haven't used Windows 7 in ages so I can't tell you everything thats different. The most immediate differences will be the interface, the Start Menu carries over some shitty ad-tiles from Windows 8 but those can just be deleted, also there's Windows Defender installed by default which is basically just Microsoft Security Essentials

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 23
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz
stepping : 10
microcode : 0xa0c
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size : 6144 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes

Who /poorfag/ here?
>Laptop
Nobody ITT can outpoorfag me.

I was right, so do I win a prize?
Thats not even that bad, you at least have a hefty L2 cache (especially for the time). That can still be a solid CPU today if you have a decent GPU, assuming memory isn't a bottleneck

yep ur prize is having all ur shit monitored, gg

I can out-potato you. Bondwell model 8. Packing that Intel 80C88. 80's laptops are fun, if not useless.

shameful

Have you ever attempted to connect it to the internet and post from a lighweight text-based TUI browser like Lynx?
While we're posting about our antiques I also own a Commodore 64C

Doesn't work any more. Lost the charger a couple of years ago and have been too lazy to find a comparable one. As of now it's used as my morning coffee table when I'm in front of my desktop.

oh and to answer your question, no. Only the american version could hook up to the internet I belive.

XIII 2 is called Red Steel

Please