So is this game an actual improvement?

So is this game an actual improvement?

Other urls found in this thread:

titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Titan
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Considering that I never heard anyone even talk about it here or anywhere else I'm going to go with "no".

Its good. Dunno if its better since I never bothered with the first game.

yes

Time to kill is way too low, the maps funnel you into "killzones", and Titans still aren't fun to play compared to swinging around with a grappling hook and jetpack across buildings.

Still, I enjoyed the couple hours I put into it during the free weekend.

True but they did add cosmetic micros.
Though fairly cheap.

It's an improvement over your ugly face.

Its sad though because the one time a company under EA bothered, nobody noticed.

probably has to do with the majority being optimistic people

That, or probably because of the stigma that the first Titanfall had. It was an xbone only launch title and though I hear some had fun there wasnt a lot to the game.

That can't be right. Did we change universes again?

Look it up. The minimum specs also arent even the bare minimum to run the game, but enough to get 60fps at 900p with decent visuals.

But it oddly was launched against battlefield 1.

Must be the requirements for the good ending was achieved.

i wanna try titanfall 2 but they don't make it easy for me to want to bother

It's an amazing improvement, I've never heard someone say otherwise. The ongoing theory is that EA is trying to kill the studio to they can absorb it into their mass yet again.

They launched it against Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, that wasnt a coincidence knowing EA.

You're so hot user please suck my cock

Titanfall 2 is my GOTY, some of the most fun I've ever had with an FPS

A lot of people bitch about the titans not being fun to play, but I enjoy the dynamic between pilot and titan. That said, I'd love a Titanfall game where instead of slow mechs, you got into Orbital Frames. If no one makes it by the time I've finished my current projects, I'll make it myself

Campaign was awesome, MP is amazing, everything about this game is great to me. Mostly because I'm an /m/phile and no one cares about us usually.

yes. it's solid fun.

no one has ever heard of it because there was complete and total radio silence when it was released. speaking of which…

…the reason why is wasn't noticed is because EA made the game get released in between Battlefield 1 and CoD Infinite Warfare. Two giant AAA titles that fill the same niche in the market. Now you may say to yourself "but that sounds awfully fucking stupid, that just goes against common sense, wouldn't you want to release at a dry time of the year so it gets more reception and recognition?" Yes, hypothetical person, you would.

Which is why it's a not uncommon thought for people that looked at Respawn, EA, and the game's release and thought that TF2 was a sacrificial lamb. EA is trying to throw respawn under the bus in order to profit in the short term for their own gigantic evil bottom line again.

It's a crying shame, because not only has no one ever heard of it, but EA dragged this shit down with Origin, too. It's sad, respawn is its own entity and EA has no direct control over them and they don't own them, but they're sabotaging them anyway to get what they want. EA is an insiduous fucking tumor in the industry that should be excised ASAP along with all the filthy hand rubbing fucking kikes that run it

I know your pain
not enough mech love

This shit is easily in my top 5 gaems of the year. Singleplayer is gr8 but short. Multiplayer is fucking incredible with numerous titans (nobody uses anything except Tone though) and guns (nobody uses anything except Volt though).

The movement system is fucking great it's requires skill and veteran player never touches the ground most of the time in an online match.

Optimization is top-notch too. Game runs 40+ FPS on my potato-tier laptop in 900p.

wait a second
titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Titan
well shit now I have to get this shit

no wait, 7

If your wanting for a short and sweet campagin like vanquish, this will be a good game.

If you want to enjoy robot battles with varying types, you'll enjoy multiplayer.
Its not perfect, but shit, its enjoyable until your next fav release comes out.

that sounds like call of duty fan logic

I was interested in the first game but got turned off by the fact it was multiplayer only and on Origin. I'm a lot more interested in this one but I don't want to get it because it's on Origin and likely to die soon since EA is clearly trying to murder the studio.

I'd probably get it anyway if not for Origin but I don't want to bother installing that shit on my computer for one game.

Wait for the crack if you're only mildly interested. I think the multiplayer is fun as hell but the singleplayer is worthwhile too, if not a little short. Play on Master if you do. It's the only difficulty where the bosses actually feel like boss fights

How in the fuck did this happen? Is there a glitch with the play time counter? I mean I sort of just ran past most enemies that weren't directly in my way since the parkour is ten times as enjoyable as the combat, but still it felt like a much longer game.

Gee I wonder at your political leanings

No. Go away. Don't you sleep.

This is the greatest mech game I have ever played

No.

I really like it, I didn't play one, but I've been having a great time.
we should start a network, 4chan has one, but it's infested with reddit

where can I download desu?

Don't worry about it I think there's some kind of glitch. I checked on Steam (I'm Australian) and I couldn't see it so I presume it's a mistake by the dev. Probably it will be fixed within six months or whatever but I hear it's not that good anyway.

What happened to this thread

Retarded spammers, thats what

So is it all shills or is it actually any good? it's hard to tell nowadays, last time Holla Forums convinced me to buy an MP game from a shitty publisher I was pleasantly surprised with R6, is this another case of that "Looks like shit but is actually really good" situations?

It's actually pretty good, especially in multiplayer.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

And are what the other anons said true? Is there legit no Season Pass/DLC shit? What the hell happened to EA?

I have mixed feeling. I'm still going through campaign.

Pros:

Cons

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

They are CRPGs not WRPGs only JRPG fags use the term WRPGs.

Yeah, there is no Season Pass. There's some microtransactions but other than that DLC is free. It's not an EA thing though, likely a Respawn thing, because Battlefield 1 has a Season Pass. Maybe it's because Respawn is technically doesnt belong to EA, though I have a feeling they may be swallowed up by them soon.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

crazy people

I really like the concept of the game, but I feel that it's only a step in the right direction and not actually good.

bui here

Ask me anything

Then they added micro transactions soon after.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Blitz Shield

it was talked about on Holla Forums for a week or so. an idea was being tossed around that ea undermarketed it on purpose because they didnt like how the devs werent greedy enough in one way or another, and they didnt want it to compete with battlefield1

It's just another COD low TTK shitfest

There's a Holla Forums network, and it had about 3 people in it before I joined, and I don't think I've seen any of them online before.

from my understanding of the first game, that's not quite true
in the first game you had three different titan chasses, and you could pick one (light and fast, jack of all trades, slow bruiser) and give it whatever loadout you wanted. In THIS game, there are still only three types of titan (not including the vanguard class, which is BT in SP) and each type has two premade configurations. I guess for balance reasons they made titan loadouts you can't change. Before I got into MP i was expecting to be able to customize loadouts for titans but you can only do that for pilots.

Tone is pretty retarded though, you can put half as much effort into him and get twice as many pilot kills as anyone else, sending your K/D through the roof. So, it's an overused titan.

i wish there was some way you could test it, but it sits at 40 GB, dunno if you feel like attempting to torrent something that size. The worst I've seen anyone say about it is that it's average. I know I have 40 hours in it and my friend has 70 (most MP players are balls at this), it's not too difficult to perform really well. Both SP and MP are breddy gud fun.

The downside is that it LOOKS like it would be pretty normalfaggy.

The reason why no one is even talking about it, not even normalfags, is because EA set it up to fail. They sandwiched the game between the two titans of AAA shooters (one being their own).
To the typical shooter fan that just wanted their fill of shooty-bang-bang T2 was released too close to either of those more established titans to get their shekels. Why would EA do this though?

Remember how this game was lauded for not being bogged down with the typical AAA business practices and was actually complete at release date? The devs stood by message, and now if the game fails, so will that message (releasing a complete game that doesn't nickel-and-dime customers). With that, EA and many other AAA publishers can now justify their shit practices by saying "we doing it the other way with Titanfall 2 and look how it failed".

TELL ME

I stopped when they stopped being fun. been a year and a half since I played FF14. yet I can't say I have saved money. the time I would had played is jus being spent with other games that cost more than $10 a month (legacy account)

I don't understand why they don't just do away with the volleyball pretense and just make a full-on hardcore sex game because that's really the only reason anyone's playing these games.

Its infuriating since it didn't even try the Season Pass bullshit that CoD, BF, or even NuDOOM pulled.

Everytime.
EA can't even botnet right.

better solo campaign i guess

and no DLC

I just thought they wanted to absorb Respawn, but that's distressingly believable. If they aren't being robbed by Activition they're being fucked by EA. What a fucking industry. It's a crying shame, too, since I honestly would try Titanfall 2 just for the movement alone if not for:

Frankly, I'd put up with Origin if the game was good enough. God, I fucking hate EA.

If only there were some publishers alive still like THQ or something. I just hope Respawn can get the fuck out of that deal with EA.

I think Devolver does decently well by publishing a wide swath of independent and moderately sized games, but they don't really have the resources to pour into something like Titanfall. Shadow Warrior is as big as it gets for them. Can't really think of anyone else, though - Ubisoft are about as close as it gets, but all they really have are AAA cash cows and indie darlings.

i don't remember the specifics but i remember reading something about how TF2 being offered only through origin and requiring it to play were moves that Respawn had no idea about, and they had to go along with it at the last minute. The devs said they liked working with microsoft and they were a great something (publisher? partner? idk, having to do with xbox release of the first one, they liked MS from a business standpoint) and apparently they unknowingly got roped into being obligated to have their game tied to something they had zero fucking input on.

There would be zero fucking loss for the industry and humanity in general if EA were to fucking collapse into an incinerating vortex of hellfire and brimstone.

imagine if they had rolled over

Its all shills and cuckchan refugees.
Only good thing about the game is singleplayer and that shit is like 6 hours.
Multiplayer is garbage and actually slower than the first one.

And if you actually give money to EA you're a fucking faggot that should live under muslim control.
Key reseller if you really have to

Nah, they'll probably just fuckoff after the third game is released just like Crytek did.

Tbh, Microsoft could have given Respawn a "Death Stranding" type deal after their fallout with Atvi, but Atvi could have easily scared them into not taking in Respawn by threatening to no longer put CoD on Xbox, but then again it all depends if Microsoft is capable of convincing other people that CoD will never be good or tolerable again without Respawn and that Titanfall is the true successor of CoD. Kojima and Sony were able to achieve this by getting a lot of people hyped for Death Stranding and have a general disdain for Konami. I'm not sure if MS and Respawn would be able to do so against Atvi.

DLC was confirmed, it's just all free.

I doubt Activision can scare Respawn into not doing an agreement with MS.

Wait, it could have been on Steam? Fuck, that would've been great. Origin's installer can be bullshit. Plus the fact that they're roped into doing a Star Wars game is sadder.

I said Atvi would scare MS, not Respawn.

Misread that. But even then, the Xbox is a huge market for Acti, and with CoD selling less than usual they cant exactly back off now.

The first game was already pretty decent. If anything it's a bit of a step down due to the more TACTIC00l-friendly balancing and map design. The campaign is pretty solid though it's far too short.

This reminds of what happened to Free Radical. Howe they were passed around by Acti and EA while slowly being destroyed by them. Publishers are pure cancer and always have been.

do you have a single fact to back that up, or are you just projecting

eat shit, the game is awesome

That's exactly what a shill would do. You didn't even bother to punctuate or give an argument. Just a knee jerk reaction.

I already threw in my five cents above

My mistake then. What did you enjoy most about the game anyway? Does it even have split screen VS on consoles?

Let me fix that image.

Nah it's my fault for being confrontational to begin with, it's hard to convey that you're just joking when you tell someone to eat shit on the internet.

Personally I enjoy the speed. They don't make enough fast as hell games - it's a really good Quake 3 substitute, especially since basically no one uses iron-sights. On top of that, you get the Titans, which slow the gameplay down into huge heavy brawls, which is a fun change of pace to keep things interesting.

You can ride on robots too, my favorite thing to do is to ride on the back of a titan and fire grenades at its target and help a nigga out. Then pick up batteries and recharge their shields.

There's just so many fun ways to play the game, I'm not even scratching the surface here. There's a ton of nuance to the gameplay that it's not really getting credit for.

As for the split screen VS, I don't know. I bought the PC version.

I know people are wary of paying EA, but we shouldn't forget we're also paying Respawn (the team behind it). They need our money to survive, and if we want more quality games like this that have good business practices, we need to support them any way we can. Luckily, Respawn isn't owned by EA, so we don't have to worry about them being swallowed just yet.

don't huzbando the robot

Apparently so.

Matchmaking is still a bit fucked for new players because of the small playerbase. According to a lot of reviews, the devs listened to the players to add more variety to weapons, pilots, titans, etc.

Also the campaign is it's own thing and not jusst "multiplayer practice".

Private game matches also exist now too.

Everyone knows the robot is for waifu

jesus christ

The call of duty logic is that this game is your favourite and your willing to play full price for the same shit every year.

What i tried to say but failed at was to point out that this game has a good experience but should only hold your attention ontill your wanted game comes out.

Is the network for PS4 or xbone?

All that sounds nice but there isn't any split screen VS or LAN. That's a deal killer for me. I'm not intending to give Sony just to play online.

You think this is a fucking game? I will send you back to school nerd.

Is the game dying yet? It seems fun, but I'm not going to spend what little money I have on a game that's going to be a ghost town after a month.

There's no problems with getting into games on PC

PC
There's a fine line between putting up with Origin, and getting to play Titanfall with mouse and keyboard

I played it during the free weekend. It was okay, but I am terrible at multiplayer shooters so I wasn't interested in buying it. Moving around is fun, but every time I got into a titan I was immediately demolished even using my shields.
I want to play the single-playerbut not enough to give EA money

Okay, anons who have bought the game, give me some advice here. I really want to play Titanfall 2 to go fast and shoot things, but:
How shitty is it dealing with Origin? I remember years ago it was a joke of a service with bugs and questionable performance, but as long as it's merely bad I will put up with it. I'm reading their privacy policy now, and it's a bit too chummy for my liking but nothing that seems outright criminal.
How is the netcode? I have a decent internet connection which doesn't give me trouble when I play other online shooters, so I THINK I ought to be fine.
How is the grind to unlock weapons and stuff? I don't mind having some special weapons behind a grinding wall, but I don't want to put up with a game which doesn't give me full access until I've played it for dozens of hours.

i'm really just looking for an excuse to buy this game

Origin's much better now. Still ways the fuck backwards though in comparison to Steam.
It's pretty good. Join the network of your liking in MP lobby. I wasn't getting into the games in the Default network (ADV or whatever that is) for some reason a couple of times.
Took me about 10 hours in MP to unlock EVERYTHING - every weapon, titan and pilot powerup. Recommend sticking to SMGs and picking a long-range anti-titan option. There's still cosmetic stuff that needs excessive grinding but who cares about cosmetics lol. There's no paid shit except cosmetic stuff (different Titan looks and paintjobs). Just play the game and you're become good at it.

I like Origin more than Steam

This is coming from a guy that doesn't really get involved in online communities or anything - this is strictly from a "i use it to turn my games on" standpoint.

It's because Origin starts up faster and leaves me the fuck alone and doesn't show ads everytime I play a game, nor does it take 30 years to turn a game on, or constantly restart for updates. It gets a lot of shit because it's EAs. It's really not that bad, though. It's easy to deal with.

it's merely bad. whoever coded the fucking thing are retarded, the overlay is clunky and half the time it's very slow and doesn't do what it's supposed to. Fortunately, that doesn't impact the game much. Origin is easily the worst part about it, but you never have to actually deal with it aside from trying to party up with people or start the game.

For titanfall, good. It needs to be for how fast the action is. It's low TTK high movement pacing, things all happen very quickly. The servers are 20 tick. The only thing that's incredibly wonky right now is melee; I could right a book on why it's fucked, but the short version is that melee hits (which are OHKs) have incredibly finicky registration. You'll miss a hit that clearly connected, your enemy will connect with a hit that clearly missed, etc. Other than that, standard delays and questionable situations due to the lagtime of sending packets from both ends to a central server, but those aren't too common.

I shall explain.

Everything has levels. Everything levels up. Every time you level anything up, you get points for it, which in turns levels you up as a pilot, which unlocks other things like weapons, abilities, ordnance, etc. Weapons, titans, players all have their own levels with certain caps. When a cap is reached, it "regens" to level 0 again, but with a GX in front of it, where X is the number of the generation. It basically means everything can level up a lot.

With a pilot, your cap is 50, and if you decide to regen at "51" you go all the way back to zero and everything locks again (it allows you to gain some cosmetic stuff and it's a sort of badge for how long you've been playing). However, everything you can use in the game that needs to be unlocked can be purchased outright with merits, which you earn simply by playing MP. If you have a favorite weapon or titan, you can purchase that with merits, and it will be unlocked forever even if you regen to level 0. You get plenty of merits, I have over a thousand (and you get around 4 per match on average) so unlocking things isn't an issue. You also level up plenty fast enough.

Keep in mind that the best AR and SMG are already unlocked, the R-201 and the CAR. You can perform plenty well with either of those, you don't need to unlock "better" weapons. Further, don't use the spitfire, do use the devotion, don't bother with any sniper rifles because they're horribly inefficient, and if you can lead targets a la Quake's rocket launcher, use a grenadier weapon, they're fun.

The point is, the grind to unlock weapons isn't really one, and you don't need to unlock any of the locked weapons to do well (though unlocking different pilot abilities is a good idea, like phase shift). One you get to the level cap, which won't take you long, you can spend your merits to unlock whichever of the stuff you liked the most so you can use it immediately when you go back to level 0.

Thanks for the input. I'll be downloading it as soon as I clear some space on my hard drive. Origin's store page didn't say the sale ended today so I'll be paying $80 Canuck bucks god fucking dammit

I guess I'll manage.
That is possibly the fairest, most balanced unlock system I have ever seen in a game of this budget; thank you for the thorough explanation. I feel like all the meme magic that warped the timeline getting Trump elected got Tifanfall 2 thrown through a wormhole from a timeline where AAA games are finished products and the developers are excited to prolong the community's lifespan with free map packs and other content. As much as I hate giving EA money, I may as well enjoy the servers while they last.

But the whole scandal with Atvi and Respawn happened during 2010, which was when CoD was still at its prime and Atvi definetely could scare MS by making BO1 and MW3 skip the 360 and give Sony the CoD marketing deal earlier as BO1.

I got the first titanfall for 5 bucks and when I played the second one during the beta weekends and shit I felt like the second game was trying to copy call of duty too hard. Where as in the first game it was more about slugging each other in mechs. I feel like the mechs in the second game are more akin to ults like in overwatch and that it is a lot more infantry based which is boring imo.

Call of duty stole Titan Fall's movement system hardcore, and came out feeling like garbage.

Bro they came out the same year can't really copy a game in like 4 months.