Platformer thread. no indie shits

just finished pic related and I want more platformers that plays like it. the gotta go fast type of platformer like sanic. these games really take skill it makes replaying a level over and over until you find the fastest path a fun thing to do. also suggest other platformer's that have interesting play styles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jO4t3p6Gds4?t=3m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

heres a shit one

i mean this one shit one

thanks friend :^)

Best of all time imo

ok heres another trash

Gimmick is pretty brutal if you play the Famicom version and not the cucked, but easier PAL version.

That's the obe i played, it also has two extra sound channels.

wow user you have such shit taste in platformers

what are the differences between the two?

PAL version lacks the additional sound chip, runs ~16% slower like most PAL ports and you start out with more lives.

hold my beer, i can go even worse

But you're getting better.

looks okay, but if it goes to muh narrative in platformers like a lot of indie games do than dropped.

You are not only wrong, but you're full of shit.

the joke is you don't do any platforming

Narrative on platformers can be done well (Cave Story) but hipsters are just too pretentious and up their asses to not fuck it up.

cave story doesn't really do anything interesting with its story telling. It could be better argued it gets in the way more than anything.

you know i heard a lot of talk about cave story but i haven't really played it. what are you're thoughts on it?

decent little game with some nice hidden secrets. It's pretty short, give it a play through. Some of the bosses are really good too.

It's free. If you enjoy platformers, go download it yourself and form your own opinion.

better game than most big budge titles and it's made by one guy.

Its a fun little platformer (also freeware) with various endings, charming characters and floaty controls. A bit on the easy side, you wont regret it, also has a baller soundtrack.

That game was indie shareware though you retard.

i guess i'll check it out since its (freeware) where do i download?

But Owlboy is the best game you posted yet.

Now dont be lazy user.

C'mon, son.

by indie shits i mean games made by pretentious assholes

you're right thanks for not spoonfeeding

Hey, guys, can I pretend to enjoy outdated, garbage genres to signal what a hardcore gamer I am too?!

Then consider defining your terms in your op.

What a stupid mentality. We should be supporting indie devs that create what we want to see and only those devs.

I don't want a gaming industry that's impossible to enter if you don't have 6 billion dollars, and neither should you.

You're so hardcore, dude.

Kill yourself op.

if you don't enjoy the genre than why are you in this thread

how's this.

Ok

Oniken, nigga. Oniken. Proper Nintendo hard, not that "LOL MEMORIZE THE ENTIRE GAME" "LOL SO HARD" shit like IWBTG, but proper hard. Every failure is one you can plainly see what you did wrong, and it's down to you to git gud.

Also the OST's pretty slick.

Go back to your popamole, faggot.

Does Dustforce count?

LAND LUBBER

Top fucking shit right here. This game kicks ass. I wasn't so hot on their follow-up game though. Odallus just didn't click with me.

I liked Odallus. Too easy though.
youtu.be/jO4t3p6Gds4?t=3m30s

Fuck you OP

Trine 2

It tickles me the same way Ninja Gaiden II does, thought Oniken is way more fair about enemy placement. Ninja Gaiden II's later levels are just downright unpleasant, especially with the way enemies instantly respawn once the screen scrolls back over their spawn location.

I loved it, one of my favorite games ever. I do wish they added something in plus to speed up or skip dialogue RP bits. It is short but there's a lot there and warrants at least a couple playthroughs if you get into it.

megaman x1-4
ghosts n goblins
kid chameleon
dustforce
meatboy

here you go, friend

Look through every house, the drop rate is low
It might take a few lives and a decent amount of luck to survive

Fuck no

I'm not too going to pretend I can identify engines, and neither should anyone else on Holla Forums.

You weren't even a sperm in your dad's ballsack when the conflict that sparked that rivalry happened you dumb millenial

This.
I enjoyed 4 a lot more than 5, though.

It's been so long since a new Sonic game got the physics and level design right. Wonder how much Classic Sonic will play like in the new 2017 game in relation to Sonic Mania.

it cant be that bad. it has hot anime girls

Fuck yeah.