PrinceLESS

You're put on to make volume 10 (yes, there have been 9 previous volumes plus spinoffs). What do you do?

Attached: Princeless_Book_01_Cover.jpg (250x391, 33.06K)

>>114944403i think i remember this onewasnt this one the one where this bitch goes "FAIR PRINCESS MEANS WHITE!!"?

holy shit it is

Attached: file.png (881x902, 1.38M)

>>114944403>A strong black woman who don't need no manjust screams medieval european princess comic

>see delicious brown in armorhopes rise>see >>114944569Soul criesIt's not all like that is it?

>>114944629Yes, yes it is. All of it.>men evil>woman goodi'm surprised this shit even lasted four volumes

Attached: file.png (959x923, 1.58M)

>>114944629It's an Oglaf joke that got lost on the way to the punchline and ended up in a social studies lecture.

Attached: Princeless3-Page11.jpg (2063x3188, 770.53K)

>>114944403Christ how does garbage like this get published

>>114944403What is the difference between this and Lady Castle?

>>114944801people still have the boys vs girls mentality past the age of 7 somehowand the worst part is that these same people are always self-hating men taking the side of the girls against the boys

>>114944403>>114944569>>114944693>>114944716Seems lame but not too offensively bad but at the same time how did this run for 9 volumes?Also lol at the tag line, not the biggest Disney fan but never understood the hate Disney gets for not being what progressive social studies majors want it to be.

>>114944569Thy saucy wench, ‘tis the medieval eyra and thine defining of the word ‘fair’ is lacking in truth and is indeed heresy. Thou author is a petulant tart whomst knows little of the desires of men, likely due to the witch’s horrid wailing.

>>114944403>What do you do?Rip off user's off the cuff shitpost from yesterday.

>>114944888Have diseny tried to tell that story they would have gone bankrupt

>>114944403Kill her and end this shit

>>114944888>how did this run for 9 volumes?>>114944693>i'm surprised this shit even lasted four volumesIt must be exclusively purchased by teachers at inflated prices to rot in school libraries, and weirdos who do it "to prove a point."

>>114944946Could've done it as some direct to DVD movie or given it one season on TV but yeah they couldn't make a real movie with this shit.>>114944971>It must be exclusively purchased by teachers at inflated prices to rot in school librariesOh that's a good theory.

>>114944814Lady castle was pretty shortAnd aside from every single fucking problem being a huge anticlimax I honestly don't think it leaned that hard into the koolaid

>>114944693Is she trying to strike with the hilt? How do you swing a sword so it's backwards like that?

>>114944914The serious one or Brave Sir Mix-a-Lot?

The worst part is that there was a sword in the room the whole time and she sorta just...walks out...and the dragon lets her because the dragon is on her side all along (for some reason the dragon never told her?)

I think the creator gave up on this and now just is the head writer for IDWs pony comics.

>>114945277How do these people always manage to either fall upwards or sideways? Surely they read this and said "sorry, your previous work both sucks and blows at the same time."

>>114944569>>114944693>>114944716" LOOK AT ME! I'M DECONSTRUCTING FICTION! I'M PROGRESSIVE BECAUSE SHE'S ANGRY AND DON'T NEED NO MAN! SHE'S ALSO BLACK BECAUSE BLACK!

>>114945296the industry is corrupt and full of nepotism, if you fail while having the right agenda they'll make sure you'll have another job

>>114945306I think I'd be OK if they deconstructed it well. The user in the thread yesterday was deconstructing the traditional story as well. The thing is this is only a surface-level deconstruction as nothing about the original narrative is really explored in any way.

explore the psychological repression of her inner feelings toward the hatred of the patriarchy and reveal the all knowing nose was conditioning her all along, who dies upon being exposed. marry her off with a good loving supportive man and live happily ever after also epstien didn't kill himself and the pandemic is a vehicle to usher in the new world order

Attached: 1573837894901.jpg (835x467, 62.97K)

>>114945360>reveal the all knowing nose was conditioning her all alongExcuse me, sir! Lord Schnoz is a faithful servent of the King! Have you seen how low his interest is on royal loans?

>>114945296>>114945324Yes, it's nepotism. The guy never has even watched more than a few episodes of the series and hates a lot of the stuff it did, but for some reason is the head writer. He went nuclear after the show introduced a female dragon to be friends with the one of the main characters who was a male dragon because he did it first. That's most of the staff, there's one fan artist that managed to make it in a regular rotation but the rest of the staff hate him and make sure he only gets shit.

>>114944403All I remember about this comic is that it is garbage.

Why did I just know there would be a cover like this?

Attached: 1151325.jpg (600x946, 137.6K)

>The series debuted on July 28, 2015, and ran for twelve issues before going on hiatus in late December 2016. The series returned on November 15, 2017, with the continuation denoted as "Year Two" and starting with a new issue #1 and a different artist, lasting 13 issues before "Year 3" began with another new #1.How can something be dropped this many times and live?

Attached: pp_tpb_cvr_solicit.jpg (349x491, 80.92K)

Is there a single grrl power media that doesn't really on the whole "men are bumbling idiots" trope to make the FeMC look good?

>>114945555>Brown lesbian piratesWhy is this particular setup so common among straight white men who want to virtue signal?

>>114945584Not in the west, but then they wouldn't really pass as "Girl Power."

>>114944569How has this not been in the weekend of pain yet?It looks like another Ladycastle or whatever.

>>114945179>knight searching the land for a damsel that matches his taste>finally sees a woman in a tower, skin the color of the darkest, richest, honey>pleasepleaseplease>sir knight, please come and save me>jump from the window, and I shall catch you>oh, but sir knight, my posturer is too large to clear the gap>his face when

Attached: sir mix a lot.jpg (460x329, 31.4K)

>>114945584That's the reason grrrl power media is mocked, even among some feminists. Also even in media designed for boys/men, the token girl is always the one that is right whereas the token boy/man is used as you say.

>>114945506>black people are smiling and holding swords>whites are upset and giving them the evil eyeholy shit is this real or an edit

>>114945693Real.

Attached: STL129333.jpg (1186x1800, 334.31K)

>>114945179>>114945648>y-you wouldn't want me anyway sir Mix-a-lot>my lady, I enjoy large posturers and I never lie>my bothers in arms will collaborate this

>>114945555Idk, if it was an anthology series that deconstructed different princess myths in different ways that might be cool.But don't really have hope it'd be done well based off the little posted ITT.

And just for completion's sake, the serious one.>The issue is that the idea of a princess locked in her tower and escaping could lead to a really interesting story.>So, she's locked up, and manages to escape either by overpowering (through surprise) the dragon, or tricking it somehow (maybe dropping her voluminous dress over its head so it can't see? already ripe with imagery) and on her way out she sees the bones of all the knights who have attempted to rescue her. She never thought there could be so many! And she escaped so easily. She could done it years ago, and none of these brave men would needed to die...It's because of her...Because she was a coward!>Obviously it's not her fault. She never asked for any of this, but the feelings of guilt would haunt her, and on her journey home (losing her dress she poses as a normal travelling woman) she slowly comes to make amends with herself and realise how she doesn't need to blame herself for what happened.

>>114945961The problem is that "deconstruction" is almost always purely negative. You actually have to be FOR something. I mean, The Princess and the Pea? She has lupus and her nerves are over-reactive which is why she feels the pea. Wow. Deconstructed, and so interesting.

>>114945693And the black and white guy look like the Virgin and Chad meme.

How did "princesses but no 'white male patriarchy'" become a genre?Surely once you've done it once its all over?

Attached: PRINCESSP-V1-MARKETING_Preview-5.jpg (900x1350, 283.68K)

>>114946051Better than Princeless at leastActually kinda like the concept.>>114946196Princess movies are the quintessential mainstream representation of so called heteronormative values so it makes sense that unoriginal artists would deconstruct that to make their point about said heteronormativity. I'm sure there's at least one that's not shit but based off this Princeless title and that page my hopes aren't very high.That one in particular is not very inspiring based off the shaved head which seems to be an emblem of these types of series. Alo the art is just ugly, the black one's head just looks off in the bottom left panel.

>>114946102Yeaha that is true, if its just a cynical ironic take on the old princess story every step of the way that gets boring real quick.

Ugh. Plot holes amirite. I bet the writer of this comic wont have such a flaw.

Attached: photo.jpg (494x723, 143.68K)

>>114946459Oh, there was a massive sword here the whole time? Weird how she never noticed.

Attached: princelesspreview06.jpg (550x855, 171.14K)

>>114946459The cynical and ironic pointing out of "p-plotholes" in traditional and iconic media and stories is one of the worst trends of the ;ast twenty years. All the Disney remakes are made in light of these and it makes them a lot worse.

>>114946496I call it Shrekification.

>>114946429>Actually kinda like the concept.I like that it's also a deconstruction just as much as Princessless is.

>>114946516Oh that's a good term, yeah didn't think about but Shrek did do it before most others. It was good when Shrek did it but its been run into the ground for at least a decade now.

>>114946536Yeah but without the princess being super self aware and ironic.

>>114946541The thing is, that cynical, detached air is a trick that only works once and wears thin really quickly. People are naturally drawn to the genuine and the sincere. That detachment is something that people are, culturally, sick of, I believe.

>That MLP comic where a character goes to an in-world comic book shop and meets the owner who is complaining about dragons always being portrayed as villains and ponies being bad

Attached: c65.jpg (547x692, 37.9K)

>>114946603Can't agree more, hate cynical, ironic shit. I think that's why of all the adult comedies I saw as a kid Futurama was one of the ones that stuck out the most. After all these years episodes like Jurassic Bark and Luck of the Fryish remain iconic while a lot of cynical ironic comedies have been forgotten.

>>114946051Oh, and there was a part two.>Later in the journey she, due to her cowardice once again, failed to save someone. Not dead, but badly injured. And all those feelings come flooding back, and she begins to wonder if she even deserves the freedom she has at all. So she returns to the tower, and finds it empty and dark, a large hole in the side where the dragon had itself burst free, and in her old room nothing but what bandits couldn't take.>And in this freezing cold winter night she burns the bed for heat, and warming her hands she notices her gloves with the fingers worn through from labour and she thinks back on where she had been. She takes off her scarf, but it's not a scarf at all. It was her bow she had on her dress! But also used to pull someone from a river, and there was that injured woodsman, she had torn a part to tie his wound. His family were so relieved!>And her broach...Where did that go? Yes, she had sold it for that family whose father had left them, leaving behind only his gambling debt.>And looking through that old window she had always dreamed would bring a hero, she sees the sun begin to rise, the first stirring strength of springtime in its rays...

>>114946639Huh I vaguely remember that one but don't recall having a particular problem with itAssuming Janny doesn't smite us for it, can you give me the rundown on it?

>>114946541The thing about Shrek is that the whole movie's a comedy/parody, as opposed to other stories playing it straight and then just making the occasional fourth wall break, which is why it's more jarring.

>>114944569That's... not what 'fair' means.

>>114946775Spike goes to a town that has friendship problem or something. Buildings keep burning down, that's part of it for some reason. Spike meets female dragon who runs comic shop and complains there aren't enough good dragons in comics and essentially that ponies are racist for blaming dragons. Brainwashes him into believing that his friends take advantage of him. Eventually dragons protest their treatment, turns out they didn't start the fires at all, some magic fire slug did. It was pretty well known for being the first appearance of a female dragon in new pony, and when the show introduced one to become Spike's friend later on (and did again, even later) this writer got super pissy and essentially never watched the show again.

>>114946815>Um, sweetie, you better not be mansplaining.

>>114946815it is ONE meaning

>>114946815It is when you want to make a point.

>>114944569>>114946459>>114944693Maybe she was locked in the tower for being a bitch?>King: Fuck...She's first in line for the throne...What are we going to do?>Queen: I have an idea.

>>114946805That cynical comedy wears thin quickly as well. It's probably why Shrek really now only survives in memes. It's really all its good for.

>>114946878Is there any story like that that comes to mind? Like some prince comes to rescue a princess from a tower, but then it turns out that she was locked away for a good reason? e.g., she's a witch or something

>>114946878>princess is actually locked up in a tower becasue she broke the law, like legit murder and evil>they used magic to brainwash/mindwipe her>a hero was never meant to free the evil slumbering in the tower that's why they built it in the middle of a dragon nest

>>114946923Not that I can think of, but the idea of a somewhat dense knight errant who lets an evil princess out because he's too romantic to notice that she's obviously there for a good reason. Basically Sir Kronk.

>>114946946>the kingdom couldn't just kill her because she's royalty and royalty here is some sort of demigod bloodline or something where killing her would endanger the world>the hero slowly realizes that he's made a terrible mistake when he finds her killing small animals and taking them apart to see their insides>the story is now about the hero trying to figure out how to stop her from bringing terror and doom to the kingdom again

>>114946962>>114946946>>114946923>So, if I rescue you, you'll be my wife, right? We'll do 'it'?>Yes, after I have wrecked vengeance on my parents and their kingdom for their foul mistreatment of me for my arcane arts!>That'll take, what? A week?>What?>And then we'll do it?>Sure, yeah.

Attached: Kronk_.jpg (1262x1080, 161.17K)

>>114946923There was a King Arthur story about I think Sir Galahad or Sir Percival finding a group of maidens crying for help in a tower and him telling them to fuck off cuz they were evil or something

>>114947044Or, using animals for all her potions, or even blood magic.>notices from a battle that the knight is injured>Princess: "Here, let me look at it.">she places her hands on it.>Knight: "Princess, your touch is--">she grabs a songbird from a nearby branch, bites off its head, and squeezes the blood from the small body and into the wound, as she chants under her breath>the wound is healed>Knight, said out loud: "T-thank you, princess.">Knight, thought to himself: "I've made a huge mistake."

>>114947044ITT, Rokudo no Onna-tachi

>>114947076Are you sure you're not just thinking of the skit from Monty Python?

Didn't Neil Gaiman write a short story about a knight rescuing a vampiress by mistake?

>>114947271No it was from some ballad that I was reading through on Wikipedia. It was probably just one part of a longer ballad though.

>>114947312Snow, Glass, Apples is vampire Snow White, yes.Alabaster by Emily Short is an interactive fiction that has both women, the Queen and Snow White being rather untoward.

Attached: Snow-Glass-Apples-int.jpg (2082x1600, 1.56M)

>>114944535>>114944569>black princess in a medieval European settingWhy do people keep doing this? If you want fantasy centered around black characters don’t stick them in Europe, base the world on African culture and mythology.

>>114947548Because it's artificial. It's a barrier to the genuine and sincere, like those Shakespeare productions where they'll have a toilet in the middle of the stage for no reason other than "look how ironic all this is!"

>>114947548What if we throw a white person into a traditional African culture and mythology?

>>114947624That'd be silly but mostly dumb.I've read enough chink stories that take place in a medieval European setting but running on ancient Chinese court rules and it's garbage 100% of the time.Readable garbage, but garbage none the less.

The worst part about these "deconstructions" is they're not really dynamic. The Knight, as an archetype, is already a dynamic character. He's on a daring quest to rescue a damsel in distress, and will fight a mighty foe and win to do it. I don't see how making the Princess into this archetype really fixes her role in the story, which was basically just erased entirely.

>>114947782Or it's what I called "Pseudopean" and you'll have characters all with English names, and the places will have German names, and the locations look French.

>>114947946And they'll be cooking obviously Japanese food.>mmMMMmmm, Berlichberg makes the best sashimi, isn't that right, Gavin?

>>114947624>white person into a traditional African culture and mythology?it'd make for a pretty cool outsider meets new world story

>>114947624>knight's ship is wrecked on the journey from not-Europe on the way to not-Middle East, and washes up in not-Africa

>>114947044>>114946962>>114946946Or the Princess is captured by a witch/sorceress and knights set out to rescue her, but the princess has been turned and after slaying her mistress she's going to use all she was taught to take her vengeance.

Attached: 1511152448869.png (1155x984, 263.24K)

>>114948457take vengeance on whom? she already killed the witch

>>114948472The knight killed the witch in "rescuing" the princess. I should have been clearer.

>>114945277>>114945296Isn't this written by the same guy who wrote the Wasp book for Marvel? And when that got cancelled, they gave him a second volume? For this level of failing upwards he must have friends in editorial positions.

>>114948457Or she's not even a villain at all and is just the "tamed" sorceress who is put in charge of the princess' education.

Attached: Sleeping.Beauty.(Disney).full.2434732.jpg (732x1024, 85.14K)

>>114947782>I've read enough chink stories that take place in a medieval European setting but running on ancient Chinese court rules and it's garbage 100% of the timeWhat?Do you have any examples

>>114948698>the queen objects until she sees it as a route for asserting dominance>all through the story are implications about the king's past with the sorceress>queen only calls her "the king's pet" almost spitting out the word

>[Whitley] attended the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in English with a minor in Creative Writing.>In 2011, Whitley created the comic series, Princeless, a series about a young black princess determined to break the norms of what a princess should be.What the hell, how do you go from such a nothing degree to an indie publishing deal?

>>114947548>Why do people keep doing this?In general, it keeps happening because it's social engineering and brainwashing to sell the lie that muh diversity is the norm and always has been, the past was always like the present, western nations have always looked like this, to convince the immigrants and their descendants that they've always been here as a significant percentage of the population, and demoralize the natives into believing that the white ethnostates Holla Forums wants back never existed.For this specific comic, it's also because the writer has a black daughter and it's all for her.

>>114945602>Why is this particular setup so common among straight white men who want to virtue signal?Because good looking lesbians are easy way to virtue signal because it happens to attract even straight men, because two women going at it is hot, the only ones not being drawn in would be homosexual men.

>>114949197The real amazing thing though is that they STILL somehow get away with it when its obviously bullshit.

>>114948717One that I don't remember the name of was one of those>multiple noble ladies compete to be queenbut instead of you know, only the winner sticking around it was>all contestants are consorts in the harem, the test just ranks themIt was some wuxia or whatever you call the chinese stories

>>114949301>The real amazing thing though is that they STILL somehow get away with it when its obviously bullshit.The funny thing is that people writing those stories think they are being original in their signaling by writing good looking lesbian couples, when that has been the norm of homosexual presentation for decades.

>>114948698The "court wizard/witch" character is one of my favorites, and so underused.

>>114944403>>114944569Is this a parody of sjws?Also what do we have niggers in fairytales? No buddy put Germans in African lore

>>114946459You stupid little nigglet if you hit something with a 3 meter long spear with the momentum of a charging grain-fed stallon, its going to die

>>114949966>Is this a parody of sjws?You wish.

>>114949966>No buddy put Germans in African loreI'm pretty sure this has happened. regardless, who cares about a black person showing up in some nondescript fantasy land?

>>114950135Because it turns into awful bitching about privlage and "white man bad" as the shots of this dogshit comic has provenIf I could get timemachine I'd stop the atlantic slave trade and punch a tikaalik

>>114950135Because it's completely artificial, and done cynically.

>>114948457>princess has been turnedturned evil?

>>114950178Bitter is probably the best word to describe it. And most SJW creations.They aren't empowering to the people they champion so much as they are bitter at their "oppressors" and the strawmen villians

>>114944403feminist diverse strong women comic.i can feel the wokeness via standard tcp/ip.

>>114947782>onEvery isekai ever

>>114950243And yet lately it seems that they are the ones who call the shots in media, yet they keep acting like they are lashing out at the "oppressors" while doing so. Like they are powerless despite having power.

>>114944403>Author's name's almost "Whitey"Uh

Attached: 1578201757924.png (510x389, 138.62K)

>>114948988Also African Americans don’t have any actual ties to African culture aside from being the same skin tone. The culture they have been in is as second class citizens to a European offshoot for two centuries and then equal citizens in a European offshoot for one. They hear all the same European fairy tales and consume all the same European media as white Americans.It’s a result of cultural orphanage that shouldn’t be surprising but anons like to complain. Nobody complains about blue eyes in prehistoric settings not belonging or lots of blonde ancient Greeks, etc.African America d are between 20 and 50% white and grew up in a white country. Saying they are culturally African (and not even specifying which African culture) and demanding they only represent native African culture in their media (a culture both they and Joseph Smith have about as much personal experience with) is dumb.

>>114950836Then they should be in American Americana media.But then they bitch when you mention slavery or race relations so there's no real place for them to go.

>>114951039I can see how the timeless themes of warriors and nobility are a bit difficult to touch on if it's demanded you just stick to a period of time where you're either a slave or a peasant and all your stories need to be about slaves and peasants. Offense aside, it'd get really boring.I think more folksy stories could be cool, even if they aren't exactly epic, but black Americans have no cultural memory of a time of nobles or even sovereignty as a people. I don't see the harm in letting their D&D fantasy exist without someone constantly sperging that they can't have fun and must either be slaves or write about something they don't know.

>>114945555Likely the person who makes the comic doesn't actually do the work, instead contracts out. No one buys the comic but it's so tied with gender politics and cancel culture that the publisher doesn't want to refuse her.

>>114951143I think the issue with comics like the Op posted is that it's not because the nobility is a minority reoresentation. It's that it's synonymous with "that character". You know the one. The one that exists to be the ultimate minority activist who shits on everything and everyone peaises her despite having little reason to like her other than what she is as a minority.

>>114946459So is she pissed all the time or are you just showing us the times she seems angry?

>>114945584The OG Powerpuff Girls.

>>114944569She looks Mexican. Is she Mexican?

reeeeeeee just give me knight gorls without it being absurd jap rape shit or this joyless nonsense

Attached: GLITTERING AND STEEL.gif (400x231, 877.06K)

>>114952076Latinx, you fucking racist.

>>114947058I read that in Kronk's voice and now I have to see it. Make it happen Disney.

>>114944569Im pretty sure thats mexican hitler.

Attached: y8634623u686.png (868x902, 1.18M)

>>114952140>Prince and Princess from two different kingdoms are being wed>Ogre (under the employ of an evil wizard warlock guy) kidnaps Prince (he was supposed to capture the princess but ogre thinks humans all look alike)>Princess dons a suit of amour and goes out to save him

>>114952325Sadly, I pictured the Sorceress Princess as voiced by Eartha Kitt.

>>114950836Plenty of Blonde Eyed Greeks though. More before the ottoman rape.

>>114952690Retarded. Just get a knight to do it.

>>114952690Honestly now I want it to be a buddy movie of the prince and the ogre becoming friendsMaybe with the princess having a huge dramatic quest coming to rescue him in increasingly outrageous situations and hazards as a side plot like the opening of Shrek 2 with Charming

>>114944403Is there any good comic series of Middle Ages / fantasy with warrior women in realistic armor that isn’t just a soapbox preaching? Plenty of vidya fits those qualifications but are there any good comics?

Attached: 886306D7-4F4B-4284-839E-5418C01EC588.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

>>114944403shit I thought this was a storytime

>>114944403>WhitleyThis is the same faggoy who wrote pony comics and filled them with so much SJW and politic bullshit that Hasbro had to step in and order him to cut it out because he was making them lose sales by the thousands, and we are talking about a franchise aimed to people with zero standards in the first place.Yes, he was just that bad.

>>114944693Panel 2 is just ass

>>114952076Id love to see medieval europe but with mexicans, so you have knights who are undead skeletons in those crazy ass sugar skull colours sns knights with gaint metal sombreros. The jesters would be mariachi banda. And Id add giant robots too becaude fuck it why not. God if I was in charge of being woke.the world would be a better place.

Attached: GF13-049NM_Tequila_Gundam_Front.png (278x482, 169.99K)

>>114953495Fusion old wild west and samurai/ninja shit

>>114951143Then if you have a character that's black during slavery times and they're not trying to escape the plantation then people call it racist

>>114953495>we'll never get the medevial knight Mexico that Don Quixote always dreamed ofA shame really

>>114953740>Don Quixote>Mexico

Attached: 1572866830958.png (500x500, 154.96K)

>>114953775>Don Quixote wasn't Mexican it was Spanish and took place in SpainWhat the fuck, well I guess below the border didnt make anything of literary worth

>>114953393Probably those stories that try to be historically realistic in general like GoT

>>114944888>never understood the hate Disney gets for not being what progressive social studies majors want it to be.People blame what they liked as kids the same way they blame their parents.

>>114944403I kind of found the mini-arc with the brother interesting. Also I paired the MC with fit red headed girl.

>>114946923Completely different subgenre, but I think there is an early Slaine story with a similar premise.

>>114947463Well that was creepy as Hell. Would Disney have the nads to film it, I wonder? Animated or otherwise..?...Nah.

Attached: oh shit nigga what are you doing.jpg (1988x3056, 1.5M)

>>114944403Why is heterosexuality so bad? Isn't the point of princesses and princes so that you can marry them off to each other to seal alliances and ensure your bloodlines stay pure? Surely a princeless princess is pointless!

>>114947463this artstyle is cool. Who is the artist?

>>114944403>>114944569>>114944693>>114944716>PrincelessI can see why. Maybe she should smile more.

>>114958469HETEROSEXUALITY BAD because tradition is bad.Tradition is bad because it excludes misfits. They call misfits "marginalized people" and put them in charity commercials played to the sound of Sarah McLaughlin vocals. The marginalized are the bread and butter of people like Jeremy Whitley.

Why do women think they only two ways they can empower themselves are acting like a bitch and getting an Onlyfans page?

>>114945296Nepotism or the long march through the institutions

>>114945584The ones that lean into sexy.Tank girl. Body bags. Red Sonia

>>114948951Having a really good agent, that’s how Noelle Stevenson and Mags Visaggio managed to get TV deals after only doing a few books.

>>114944403whitley goodwin you idea less hacks, you can't steal my shit.a powerful sorcerer taps into a fountain of magic power or a jinn uses a careless worded statement as a wish to reset the entire series back to the beginning. the events happen differently and the only one who has any sort of clue is Adrienne who remembers the original events as dreams or nightmares. at the end of the story line it's revealed the entire thing was a test by higher powers and that the world is set back to the way it was before the reset. while revealing that the Excalibur like weapon wielded by one of the characters whose life was different in the magical reset is real and currently being wielded by queene ashe's childhood friend and first love whose determined to kill king ashe and and take queen ashe for himself.

>>114958618I thought Namona was good. Are my nostalgia glasses blinding me? Mags on the other hand is complete garbage and a charity case.

>>114952984Make it young Eartha Kitt and we're all good.

>>114955661GoT isn't historically accurate because it has female fighters

>>114958673>Are my nostalgia glasses blinding me?Yes, and that's putting it kindly.

>>114959122>meathead knight has to overcome the manipulations of a sexy brown temptress I'd watch it.>>114958457You could probably do it minus the image related as a spooky Halloween special. In fact, that would be fucking awesome. Every year Disney makes a spooky Halloween horror/ghost story version of its various princesses and properties.>Mulan as a vengeful spirit who haunts a battlefield>>114950836Like I said, everyone knows its totally artificial. That's why its always mentioned either by the characters in the story (look at that genuinely cringeworthy Dr. Who scene), or by the creator after the fact. They never say "I didn't even think about the Knights Squire being Asian. He kinda just ended up that way." They always start rambling about the importance of representation and white hegemony and things like that.This doesn't even get in to how many ethnically non-Europeans will never see themselves as part of the European group except when it comes to things like this. I don't think its intentional on their part, but I think a lot do see it as a flex on Europeans. "Look, one of us is the King and one of you the peasant and villain, in your history. How does it feel?"

>>114959238>Like I said, everyone knows its totally artificial. That's why its always mentioned either by the characters in the story (look at that genuinely cringeworthy Dr. Who scene), or by the creator after the fact. They never say "I didn't even think about the Knights Squire being Asian. He kinda just ended up that way." They always start rambling about the importance of representation and white hegemony and things like that.And often that's the one thing the creators latch onto to distinguish their work which is why they focus on it so much because otherwise there's not much there.

>>114958551it's not true empowerment if it doesnt try and upset men in some way. sure, being a smart, reasonable or kind person may be the ultimate empowerment. but if men might also like it it's no good.>we dont do anything because of men. that's why we base all of our PERSONAL empowerment on men's feelings

>>114947548Yeah, cause that totally never happened.

>>114944403>>114944569The cover art doesn't even match the actual character model well.>>114958551>Why do women think they only two ways they can empower themselves are acting like a bitch and getting an Onlyfans page?>getting an Onlyfans page?Ouch, harsh but true. I actually know a girl from high school with one and sometimes I am tempted to reduce myself to getting one since she's really hot. But could I live with myself if I did? Don't think so and so for now I'll keep my money.>>114960114I think part of the problem is that the people who make these types of stories don't actually like the type of stories they're critiquing/parodying so every single character archetype or trope is treated with disdain and the genre in general is only dealt with at a surface level. That doesn't make for very endearing content. I hate to reference /a/ shit but One Punch Man is a great parody because you can tell the writer actually likes shounen shit and sees many redeeming qualities in it despite the constant parodying of it. The character archetypes and tropes are made fun of but at some level they show takes them seriously and gives them their due.Something like this series, Pinrceless, feels like ti has no respect for the princess genre and just has to, at every moment, shit on it. But since, at the end of the day, it is itself a princess story that kind of disdain for the genre that oozes through each page undermines the work itself.

>>114960207>that last partTotally right. Like an user said in this thread. These are purely negative, and aren't "for" something, despite all they talk about "empowering young black girls."

>>114960274Its almost like they're made with spite and that's just not an attractive foundation for art.

>>114960168Do you have any examples? Because I can't think of a single one.

>>114960714There are some royals, like Queen Charlotte, who may have been mixed race having descended from a non-white from generations past. But even in her case she was part North African, not Sub-Saharan, and even then only slightly.On the other hand even the Ottoman dynasty was white due generations of breeding with concubines brought from parts of Central and Eastern Europe.