Where to begin with STALKER

I want good games.

STALKER is according to most of Holla Forums a good game.

Where do I begin with STALKER? And I mean for the optimal experience, so are there any requires mods/setups/so forth and so on?

Also general STALKER thread since the catalog has nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany
youtube.com/watch?v=q3NjUPwE2WU
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
ghostbin.com/paste/pvvtw
mega.nz/#!AE9nyIYR!G0FqH75aFC9kDwyBWpqHMHpJizAM4YiW3rUXW9pNvmY
moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have the info image, but I hear you play it vanilla first and mod it later.

You play in release order, SoC, CS, CoP.
Most of the games should be played vanilla, maybe bugfix mods at most.
Play on Master difficulty.

I don't have it either, but more specifically, you want bugfix mods only. If I recall, Zone Reclaimation Pack is the best to use.

CS is trash that you only play if you're desperate for more stalkan. Play Shadow of Chernobyl, then Call of Pripyat, then Clear Sky if you really want to.

/thread

Thanks guys. Now I generally don't ask for spoonfeed, but both kat and piratebay went to honeypot land, so I guess it's time to look it up on sharethread.

It's a bit expensive on the Valve Jewpits and the next sale's a week away.

Found it already, bless GOG and their DRM free files. Just for that, I'll grab the game when it goes on sale on the Jewbox, just to prop em up for good release.

The devs are defunct iirc so if you buy it on GoG make that the only purchase.

They are? I actually grabbed it from one of those sits that posts GoG releases for download and was gonna buy it on the Jewbox since friends gave me gift cards for it recently.

In that case they get no moneys.

Dont buy, money ends up in the hands of the guy who killed the franchise.

I'm downloading the starter packs for SoC - but what do they do? I'm guessing Absolute Nature and Structure and Weather Overhaul are just comestics, as Shaders? And Zone Reclamation is for bugs?

Zone Reclamation Project has a few other mods added to it that you have the option of turning on if you so desire. It's largely meant for bugfixing the game, though. As long as it's installed it should do the bugfix thing regardless of what mods it has enabled or not.

I wouldn't really bother with CS unless you're an addict looking for more (which is very well possible, admittedly). Also remember to turn off the crosshair. If you're hipfiring in this game you're most likely at a range where you do not need a crosshair at the center of the screen to land hits on target, and it's generally more "immersive". Considering the strength of the STALKER series comes from its setting and immersion, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Apart from that you're more or less spot on. Sage-ing for doublepost.

I'd play CS at least for the story. Clear Sky is an interesting faction and some of the areas are neat.
I don't know if there's any mods that fix glaring the glaring gameplay issues, though. I've only ever played it once vanilla.

But yeah, everything else has been said. Vanilla, patched, crosshairs off, master difficulty. Stick around because the game starts of kinda slow and lots of people lose interest at first.
If the game is too hard at first, there's some really useful things hidden in the starting village. Make sure to look around.
Also make a habit of quicksaving every once in a while. Especially once you get to modded playthroughs, the engine is not the most stable one.

Did you try google by any chance?

Which of the non-bugfixing mods with Zone Reclamation should I leave on? Some sound extensive some don't.

Copying the list:
Optional, enabled by default:
* Dunin Ammo Aggregation (IG2007)
* EggChen's revamped particles.xr (remove if you want to use his
Particle Enhancement mod)
* GP37 (G36) with grenade and silencer support (SiriusStarr)
* HUD Time-of-day (NatVac)
* Better Inventory/Trade/Search Screens (NatVac) – more below
* NPC Chatter Control (NatVac)
* Longer Quest Time Limits, Etc. (NatVac)
* Show Reward Mini Mod v1.03 for ZRP (onionradish)
* WideScreen Inventory Size (Raw)
* Unwanted Side Task Rejection (NatVac)

Optional, not enabled by default:
* Stalkers Are Not Blind (Red75, with NatVac tweaks)
* Screw (Freedom) Repair (NatVac from Shebuka idea)
* Captain Ivantsov (Duty) Repair (NatVac/Mr. Fusion from BobBQ
solution to a motiv-8 suggestion)
* Explosives Carry (NatVac from NoMore info)
* Fire Dynamic Lighting Support (EggChen)
* Real Gun Names (NatVac from data by Kyodan/Brood98)
* Quest Overhaul (Decane with NatVac update), with icon image
* The MonoMartyrs Seek Revenge (NatVac)
* Artifact Swap (NatVac)
* Outfit Protection Info (NatVac)
* MP5 retexture, for a special weapon (Warpig)
* No Head-Bobbing (PiIsARational via Paddywak)
* Trade/Search Screen improvements (NatVac, fitzroy_doll)
* ZRP Debug (NatVac)
* ZRP Support Utilities (NatVac)

Than you don't want stalker

I just finally started playing the games after having them on backlog for a while, started playing SoC. Honestly I'm having a ton of fun just playing vanilla, I imagine the mods that get posted on here make the games even more fun but honestly vanilla is doing it for me right now. My only real complaint honestly is the amount of shit you end up getting, I don't think I'm even halfway through the game I'm in X18 right now getting the documents but I already have like 5 or 6 stashes crammed with gear and medical supplies and food. Then again I'm a massive hoarder though so that's honestly a plus for me.

Only possible issues are pretty much just glitches, I've had a body I needed a key from turn invisible on me for no reason and shit that's inside lockers tend to disappear on me as well how the fuck do I open locked ones btw? and I've had dudes who set up shop in an area with a bunch of anomalies go on patrol and all fucking die because the dumbfuck AI kept them walking into the anomalies and stay there so either I was witness to mass suicide because the Zone was too much for them they were Duty guys or it was a bug.

Try vanilla first fam, that's pretty much the whole point I'm getting at

Play SoC first. Put on ZRP and play on master difficulty game is honestly harder at lower difficulties. If you want prettier graphics slap on Photo Realistic Zone 2.

Did you get ZRP? It's just vanilla with bugfixes and solves most of the annoying little issues like that.
Generally you don't, I seem to remember you can sometime shoot padlocks off but that might be me misremembering a feature of a mod or another slav game. You can hold down the button you use to pick things up to see what's inside a locker (technically it lets you see names over objects, good for looting guns in long grass) without opening it so you'll know if there's anything inside it.

What do you mean by harder at lower difficulties?

Lower difficulties make bullets disappear into thin air, yes its as retarded as it sounds

Every difficulty below Master makes a set % of all shots do no damage with a higher percentage the lower the difficulty. This goes for both your shots and those of the AI. Given that you need to make your shots count a lot more than they do in an 8v1 fight this makes life harder for you particularly at the start of the game.

Straight to Master Difficulty it is then. Thanks!

Nah, completely vanilla game. I was debating at least getting something to fix the bugs but figured I matter as well just play it as is for my first playthrough, if I start fucking with the game files like that I'm gonna end up getting a bunch of other mods as well to add shit into the game and change things and then I'll end up playing a completely different game from the original. I have poor impulse control when it comes to mods pls no judge

Fug, yeah there's no padlocks on em so I guess that's a mod feature you had. I've tried knifing them and blowing em open and nothing, so I just end up holding down the f key and seeing what's in em and I can usually glitch the items out anyway by getting up close and hitting f when the icons appear on the screen. There was a suit in a locker in X18 though, I didn't get enough time to see what it was before it disappeared though so for all I know that was the best armor in the game. Then again I have a ton of money anyway to buy whatever I want, almost a 120k and no real need to buy anything because every corpse has a ton of anti radiation meds and bandages and now I'm getting the military and science med packs out the ass now too. Only real problem is finding enough 5.56 ammo for my guns now and I don't really see the traders selling em, and the other damn characters in the world have absolutely nothing to trade either

It's maybe just one of those weird pieces of cut content left lying around. SoC had a long and fucked up development. Way back people thought it might actually have been vapourware.
Freedom should sell it if you join them. Alternatively murder them and take it, Duty > Freedom. You start to get better supplies of it later and the merchants in the Bar should improve what they stock as you move through the storyline.

pls respond

wrong file

Thats going to depend on your personal taste nigger

Heheheheh.

hit_probability only affects NPCs, and weapons actually do less damage as you go up in difficulty, but the player's resistances are massively lowered for each tier, making enemies do more while you do less.

Heres the autist who thinks vanilla is shit.

Does this really need to be asked? Begin with the first game, no mods, then replay it with mods. Like you would any other game.

Vanilla is okay except for the english voice acting and default time_to_aim values which make consecutive shots inside that window do less damage than the first, because magic.

Also pic very much related.

You do this every thread
Fuckoff

Damage control would be you going all-in with the "master lowers TTK!" meme, being proven wrong, and then being so mad you start shit here instead of just admitting you were wrong :^)

Vacate the premises with all due haste and vigor

KAT still has a mirror made by isohunt though.

Okay, just started playing. Real question though - why is the Marked One a manlet? I'm at the chest height of everyone else.

Average male height in Ukraine is 5'9". Most slavs are manlets this is why warsaw pact length stocks are only suitable for slavs, chinks, spics, and children.

As for why Strelok is shorter than everyone else, I don't know. I guess you could roleplay it like he's running around in a permanent combat shooting stance.

DO NOT PAY MONEY FOR STALKER.

YOUR MONEY GOES TO A JACKASS THAT GUTTED THE COMPANY TO BUY HIMSELF A FUCKING FERRARI.

If you really want to mod it, here.

They sell ferraris in that shithole?

There is no reason to keep Real Gun Names off. The rest is up to you.

The average height in Germany is only 2 inches more than that, the average height for American white MALES is only 1 inch more. Stop spewing retarded shit, warsaw pact stock lentgh is shorter because of a design decision, that length works better for more people and it doesn't get stupidly uncomfortable when wearing body armor

Pic related.
Yes, the decision being it was designed for manlets.
Which is what a telescoping stock is for. Fixed LoP is retarded.

See, Armalite had a better solution to that problem.

AK-47 is for manlets. Full stop.

Compare to it's contemporaries, the FN-FAL and G3.

Debating on an RS Regulate + Micro H-2 for my AKM, or a PTR 91 for something in real fuckin' NATO. Total cost for either will be in the neighborhood of $900.

Decisions decisions.

AK-47 was designed to be used by malnourished Slavic peasants, of course their growth was stunted.

:^)

Just find a torrent using the builtin search engine qBittorrent has.

sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/

And Germans only being 2 inches taller? How do you explain that?
There are exceptions, some soldiers are tall enough to justify extending the M4 stock fully.

I wouldn't mind getting into Stalker, but I don't know if my toaster can handle it, I manage to get 30fps on VTMB on medium settings though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

Vampire the Masquerade? If you're at least getting 30fps for that then Stalker you should definitely be able to play just make sure to put the lighting settings at at static otherwise it'll kill your framerate. I got a shitty pc too, some cheap Dell laptop I bought a couple years ago when I lost my last job to use to find more work. My thing is utter shit and it can still play both games decently so you should be fine unless you got a pc worse than mine

Thanks for the advice user, I have half-built PC just sitting in my wardrobe because I don't really see the point of finishing it anytime soon since all I play is games pre-2008. Nothing today really interests me so I'm pretty content having a toaster in the meantime.

AK is the poorfag's rifle. It's such a sack of cheap shit, the USSR had to give it away, other nations were unwilling to pay for it.

Isn't it interesting that Germanic populations in the United States (Generally untainted by Russian rapists because they came in the interwar period as legal immigrants) are often in the 6' range…

is there a bugfix for SoC where inventory management is better?

-fixes gun unloading causing reset in inventory (the absolute worst)
-fixes equipped items appearing in inventory while trading or scaveging (makes it annoying for selling artifacts and items)
-fixes ammo not showing up (was extremely rare)

but the FAL and G3 aren't in my call of dooties that means they're not as good

Play Shadow of Chernobyl, since that's the first game in the series and the best by a very wide margin, if you ask me - everything after it was just made by the company's interns. Get the Zone Reclamation Project bug fix modification (you probably won't find the bug fixes essential, really, but still - note also that the mod comes with a lot of optional extras; no need for them for a first time playthrough, of course), turn the crosshair off in the settings, and set the difficulty to Master (the game wasn't originally designed to have difficulty levels, and Master is just the base at which the game was designed before the difficulty levels were put in - shoehorned in, really).

Also this is pretty cool - a very early version of the Metro 2033 game being developed based on STALKER.

/k/, please. My clipazine can only get so rusty.

user sports games suck all of them if you want to play a sport go play it don't play some digital version

exption to the rule
i admit its CK 2 instat of EU
youtube.com/watch?v=q3NjUPwE2WU

This happens to me like once a month at least, is some elite hacker taking control of my toaster?

who

ill call now

Yeah nah. DoW3 is actually looking pretty great so far. Even the graphics actually look pretty good in the recent gameplay videos.

Stalker might be the best game ever made but liking it is down to absolute subjective opinion. I like the the mechanics, I like the setting, I like the idea behind it, but for the love of Jesus I cannot get past the first few hours without getting bored and dropping it.

Dunno

I only play Symmetra.

didn't grind once, beat the game with a team of Lv. 46's

Incineroar, Lurantis, Wishiwashi, Muk, Oricorio and Mudsdale

without the level advantage the Totems and boss fights become actually tough things you have to have strategy for

US (to the colonies) is like a fat, obnoxious pizza-faced bitch that elevates her female friends in the immediate area 2-3 whole points. Canada goes from like a Kansas 6 to a California 8 just by being neighbors.

Dishonored :^)

Go read a dictionary, stupid faggot, learn the meaning of the word relevant and the come back.
The FAL is only beibg used by countries that are too poor to get something else to replace it with. More or less the same for the fucking rifle-shaped anchor known as the G3, only used by some poor east and south east european countries; The mp5 is the only derivative being produced and that thing is getting replaced with SBR AR with 9mm conversion kit or similar set-ups in many countries.
Besides the barrel flexing (which is irrelevant, you can still get around 1.5 MOA out of a properly built AK) and -maybe- the magazine rust issue on the first couple of years of production, everything you said about the AK is objectively wrong. The "ballistic" part can be argued on the case of the .311 caliber AK, but that's about it.
Now go be wrong elsewhere

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Also, when after every event of interest, they give every party member a one liner, the characters become really forced.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

HOLY SHIT SHUT THE FUCK UP

I JUST WANTED TOnice tits

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Bump?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Neat.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Virtual Machine + Firefox + games running at same time are huge ram hog, if my other stick wouldn't broke i'd have 16gb

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I'll bump your thread if someone can tell a scrub like me which Stalker game I should play first.

I heard someone that one of the later games was like a prequel or something? Like I said, I really know nothing about the series except the very basics

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I tried playing Rule of Rose but I can't stand the gameplay

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

SFM fucking when?

A popular myth dispelled looking at game files. The only hit_chance is in actor.ltx, which applies to the protagonist, and it's in the defenses section, right after immunities. This file does not apply to other stalkers or mutants, and the files for them do not have hit_chance.

Also, guns do less damage on higher difficulties, not more. A popular misconception most likely caused by the fucked up hit_power values in weapon files. Weapon files are the only group of files where difficulty order is reversed (Master first, Novice last), while everywhere else Novice is first, Master is last. In weapon files, hit_power increases from left to right, which means Master values are the lowest.

Master is still the best difficulty, it is appropriately challenging, other difficulties are too easy.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

A lot of games on the gameboy kinda sucked massive dick. The screen was just too small so playing virtually anything was annoying.

The Wario and Megaman games were ok though.

bui here blah blah blah

But all of those guns have been in every call of duty worth salt

All of them are mostly used by cheap poor ex-cold war countries, except for the FAL which is used by cheap hues. Everyone else has moved or is attempting to move into AR/AR-18 variants and other new intermediate designs with fancy shit on them.

Takes like 2 minutes to slap on a Hogue grip nigga.
Same goes for whining about the stock
Lol, take one to the chest and come back to that.
Go home, noguns.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Dota 2 is more popular and exciting to play than ever. You have no excuse not to be playing, it is the successor to WoW in terms of being a global PC-only phenomenon.

I guess that works too.

Does anyone else have crashes when entering Red Forest?
Newest CoC with Arsenal Overhaul

Works fine on my end. Do you happen to have low ram or something like that? Maybe red forest is more ram intensive than other maps. The engine tends to crashes whenever available ram is low.

Or jyst compare the ballistics charts for 7.62x51mm coming from a barrel with enough lengtg to generate proper muzzle velocity aaaand ruski ammo a joke

What's the source on the song?

isnt that one song from metal gear rising?

Thank you, after looking for a bit with metal gear, it's, "The only thing I know". Appreciated comrade.

Or bear in mind recoil impulse, overall weight, performance out of shorter barrels and that both rounds are meant for different combat doctrines and tasks.
Of course, that would take not being a fucking noguns retard who recently started playing ARMA and thinks he is an operator.

Its alright, Ruski manlet. You can't help being a fucking midget. You don't need to make excuses

I'm an AR guy myself, but stay retarded.

I thought it was just the game being hard at first but I'm getting suspicions.

Mostly vanilla (bugfixes and aesthetics) game on Master difficulty, and I'm feeling like I'm getting one shot before I even see people whilst enemies keep soaking rifle bullets to the face.

I don't mind super lethal gameplay, but I expected this to be like Deus Ex Realistic Difficulty where they died just as easy as I did. The only thing that's killed them in one shot is a point blank shotgun blast to the face.

Which mods are you using exactly?

Just the starter pack from here

The only one that can affect gameplay is ZRP, but I purposefully left all gameplay altering stuff off to avoid this, and even then their changes actually make enemies less accurate, not more.

It just feels like everyone else's a fair bit more spongey than I am.

The only way to quickly dispatch enemies in vanilla STALKER is headshots. Even then, they're not a guaranteed kill with a lot of low-caliber weapons. Also, when enemies stumble, they have i-frames sometimes for some reason.

That's because you deal less damage on master, and enemies deal more, while also having a significantly higher chance of hitting you (novice eats 80% of enemy shots that would otherwise be hits, stalker eats 70%, veteran eats 60%, and master eats 50%). That may sound stupid at first, but on Master it's common to die in a single burst due to your base resistances being dropped to zero.

If you want, I could show you a few lines to tweak that would make enemies die in a reasonable amount of hits.

Not exactly, but I understand why you'd think that as it does appear to work that way at a glance. There's a line in most weapons (shotguns are excluded) called 'time_to_aim'. By default, it's 1. What that means is that when you hit a specific bone (hitbox) there is a 1 second timer that starts, and all shots inside that timer to the same bone deal massively reduced damage. I have no idea what the exact formula for that damage reduction is, though. The reason shotguns don't have time_to_aim enabled is that their simultaneous hits would run up against that damage reduction and do fuck-all.

Now combine that with the fact that most of the time enemies are going to be aiming at you when you're shooting them, which means they've got their arms covering their chest, and their arms have negative damage multipliers (pic related, 1.0 would be 100% damage, 0.5 would be 50%, etc), and you can see how enemies can soak unreal amounts of punishment and seemingly have i-frames.

I'd appreciate the advice. I'm not gonna adjust it in my first playthrough probably since I'm stubborn and wanna have the most vanilla experience, but it's valuable info for when I decide to have fun.

I'm a massive FAL fanboi, and you're still a fucking idiot. You simply cannot compare the two cartridges, they're apples and oranges.

7.62x39 is an excellent intermediate cartridge, and the Kalashnikov series is fantastic simply for its incredible simplicity and durability.

For anyone wanting the trilogy, here's a magnet link.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2eed5641306c936dabdd0e30ad87ababa3609b2c&dn=%5BR.G.%20Mechanics%5D%20S.T.A.L.K.E.R%20Trilogy&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

For human enemies, you're looking for m_stalker.ltx in gamedata/config/creatures , and the lines you're looking for at the ones in the picture above.

The left-most number is the damage multiplier. Change them to somewhere around pic related, and you'll have reasonably realistic firefights and be able to give as good as you're getting. This will also have the effect of somewhat bypassing the rpg-ish weapon progression the game forces on you in Vanilla, where "higher tier" weapons are just plain more accurate, and since enemies take very little damage outside of headshots with the default multipliers, accuracy is all that matters when it comes to efficiently dispatching humans.

I think he's just shitposting, user. Obviously the proper comparison to 7.62x51 would be 7.62x54r

Shitposting in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread is unacceptable. How low has this board fallen?

One of the main reasons people drop off the game within a few hours is because the starting weapons are God awful. The makarov tickles enemies, meanwhile they blow you away with a sawed off in one hit.
The first mission where you're rescuing the scout could be one of the hardest parts of the game.

The game play massively improves once you get some equipment worth a damn. In the meantime you'll have to muscle through, doesn't take too long.

Fuck you.

Why is he firing the gun like that? There's literally no reason to be firing the gun like that. He's not even in cover, he's just standing next to some barbed wire that any gun barrel or bullet could fit through.

I would recommend skipping everything and playing CoP. It's the only fun one.

you want good games yet want to play stalker. Get ready for bugs, half-finished levels, retarded AI and boring as fuck iron sight shooting. The mutants are a little cool but terribly under utilized.

7/10

4GB but everything was completely fine before the last CoC update.
Here is the .log if it helps ghostbin.com/paste/pvvtw
The error at the end says "For the specified program is a newer windows version required". I am using Win7 64bit

You see ivan if of firing bullets from high, gravity make more deadly

nevermind I am fucking retarded

user pls.

pls don't do this

beautiful

these games have become increasingly boring over time. When I was first playing them I think it was 2008 and I remember being blown away by some user telling me a bullshit story about how an npc followed him during a thunder storm and tried killing him with a knife. A weird lie considering no npc's can use knives but instead have infinite ammo for their strongest weapon in the inventory until they die. It sold me at the time, I was young and tried to salvage anything good about the games.

I was taken in by vapid aspects like atmosphere mostly, the game play was awkward, the weapons were poorly balanced the enemies were incredibly stupid to incredibly cheap from staring and shooting directly at the sky or ground, to being able to one shot you with a headshot while you're wearing a military suit from across the map as it loads in. But hey the bugs are part of the charm? Well, only in stalker, every other game would get reasonably shit on for having problems like this.

Then there's the mods, which fix everything supposedly. No one will tell you how, but generally they nerf the recoil, make you much more powerful, give you the ability to autistically manage your weapons collection, or introduce autistic levels of management instead of actually fixing the games major issues, AI behavior and weapon consistency.

Speaking of weapon consistency, why is it that sometimes shotguns send you into a recoiled state where your sensitivity becomes that of a lubed up bionicle until you switch weapons and then it snaps back in to place? Only shotguns, but it's retarded and an incredibly poor oversight that exists in all 3 games.

Why doesn't anyone ever criticize the flaws in these games? They're so apparent. It's baffling how anyone can spend so much time playing something so boring. Oh well, anything for that iron sight shooter fix that's totally not call of duty right

Heh.
That's Vanilla for you.
Don't know where you heard that.
Most things.
You'd have to ask first, instead of writing long, combative, and autistic rants.
Can't say I've had that problem, but I don't play Vanilla.
We do, but the community as a whole is very resistant to criticism and steeped in superstition regarding various mechanics, so most criticism is drowned out by shitposts.
I feel the same way about weebshit, strategy games, ASSFAGGOTS, CRAPCUNTS, sports games, fighting games, shmups and cuhrayzee games; but hey, just like those genres are not to my taste, STALKER doesn't appear to be to yours. It's not a big deal, just move on and play something you enjoy.

it exists in mods that may be from before your time like amk, ol, lurk, stalker soup, etc.

user, you can drop le epin oldfag meme. You aren't fooling anyone, and your complaints (the majority of which you could have fixed yourself in minutes) show exactly what you are. Also way to ignore the rest of my post because you know I've got you 100% pegged and you know I'm right.

you didn't present any other points. The recoil "bug" exists in those mods too, mostly recall it affecting shotguns, or other heavy weapons. Why are you being so evasive?

Maximum heh. As for your "bug", my guess is that for some reason you aren't using cam_inert 0.

Anyway, we both know you just dropped in to stir shit because you're bitter as fuck and have nothing else better to do. Just move on, go find a thread discussing something you enjoy, and maybe even play some videogames.

All you said in your post was:

no mods fix AI behavior either, some exacerbate it like lurk which implements a broken stealth system. Here's another element, the iron sights are a bit useless considering the crosshair hip firing has much more consistent accuracy.

If you jump on roofs in the rookie village, you can find a decent armor for free hidden in the attic. That helps you a little to survive the start.

So I got bored with vanilla and if I'm gonna mess with text files to balance the shit guns might as well ask - what are the must have mods?

Normalfag community seems to love STALKER Complete but I heard it makes the game too easy.

Pic unrelated

Complete gimps the NPC detection ranges so it makes it extremely easy to snipe them before they spot you.

nigga at least be consistent

Asked about which are the good mods, not the reason why other mods are shit.

Crosshairs are useless in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the exception of super late game weapons.

they actually work on anything from the mp5 and up. git gud

I never understood these questions.
You start by playing the game.
If there's more than one you play the first one.

Where do you think everyone else started? Just start from there.

man stalker threads used to be fun and not just empty shitposting about people who compare them to cod

Yes, because there's no series that start getting good after a certain installment or that possess a bad entry in the middle or something skippable of the sort.

Nor are some series confusing with naming making one not sure what goes first or after or what's a spin-off either.

It's not aged well graphics wise you will need a modpack.

Give AA2.1 a try. Guns are balanced pretty well off the bat, the only change I'd recommend would be upping the damage multipliers on humans, and possibly increasing luminocity_factor from 0.5 to something reasonable like 0.9 to 1.2 so that enemies don't have perfect pitch-black night vision.

I'm replaying AA2.1 right now, so I've already fixed the locational damage. If you want it, download this: mega.nz/#!AE9nyIYR!G0FqH75aFC9kDwyBWpqHMHpJizAM4YiW3rUXW9pNvmY and put it in gamedata/config/creatures. luminocity_factor is found in the same file if you'd like to increase that as well.

AA?

moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod

Basically just an extremely refined version of Vanilla that's just better in every way. It's stable (haven't had a single crash in three and a half playthroughs), it's beautiful, and the gameplay is rock solid with a tiny bit of tweaking to give human enemies a more realistic damage profile.

The only negative in my opinion is that it brings back the proper russian voice acting, but lacks subtitles for all voiced lines that takes place out of conversation menus. If you've played the shit out of SoC you've probably memorized what they're saying, but I can see that possibly being annoying to some people.

TeamEpic doenst slack, its one update after another.
Gunslinger dev released another video.
Radium will feature some new fog, AA and light tech while dx9 for toasters.

Not really, it only seems that way because its fanbase is extremely vocal, at least on Holla Forums. But considering how much time they spend talking about it instead of playing, should tell you something.

I probably have at least 3000 hours into the series by now. Eat shit.

Name some good modern better-than-stalker games then you nig

Obviously: Overwatch, World of Warcraft: Legion, Mafia 3, WatchunderscoreDogs 2, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, DOOD

Jeeze user, STALKER is too outdated.

How to be wrong in one post.

SoC is much better than CoP in terms of everything except stability.

While I agree on SoC and CoP fucking no way in hell I'd recommend playing vanilla CS over Arsenal Overhaul, the amount of shooting required just makes any sort of mods that unfuck the shit weaponry and bullet eraser mechanic mandatory.