Super Mario Run can drain your entire internet plan. use archive.is/2016/12/super-mario-run-internet.html

Super Mario Run can drain your entire internet plan. please use archive.is/2016/12/super-mario-run-internet.html

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/NORP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck is this link

Mark is a homo.

Please use archive.is

Is this about the fabled data caps? In which countries is this bullshit a reality?

How do you drain an internet plan?

America, Canada, New Zealand and probably a few other third world countries.

I'm really excited for this game

And so does Pokemom GO and almost every phone game that uses internet.
Please don't play this shit.

What's that?

Islands of the east coast of Autralia.

Australia and New Zealand have datacaps due to their rather complicated geographical location, presumably relying on few undersea cables/satellites to access rest of the world. In fact I think they actually charge for all the data you use like in early 56k modem days before broadbands.

American internet is controlled by cable company monopolies.

Mostly because Australian ISPs are terrible and the government has actively sabotaged attempts at a national fiber optic network because Telstra and Foxtel chucks a fit when their monopoly is threatened.

BRAVO NINTENDO

It's the thing next to Australia, the long one.

I was joking, user

If you installed this stupid shit anywhere you deserve to have no internet for the rest of the month

I thought having data caps was the norm for the rest of the world?

no way

who cares

Not even Pokemon GO was that bad on data usage from memory.

I messed up bit. Mobile data is limited almost globally but Australia, New Zealand and United States have even landline internet throttled due to shitty monopolies.

Data caps are rapidly becoming the norm in the US rather than the exception, since there's absolutely no one stopping ISPs from rent-seeking.

It certainly is not. The only limits set by french ISPs are how fast you download shit, there is no size limit whatsoever.

How much are we talking about?

Mobile data plan are mostly capped. I haven't seen any unlimited data for mobile phones.

AT&T's newest set of plans just throttle you if you exceed the limited amount of data for the group, or if you have an unlimited plan, throttle you after 23GB. If you live in Buttfuck, Egypt, you may never actually be slowed down due to the low local demand.

We've had unlimited plans since well dial up.

I thought my modem was acting shitty, but it was this fucking game!?

I bought NSMBU for 5 or less, a full fucking game.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums have memed themselves into thinking archive.is is infallible and Mark makes sure that meme is reality on Holla Forums, like with how he filtered "norm1es" to "normalfags" because Reddit picked up on the term for about a month and suddenly it was tainted to the point everyone tried pretending the latter term was the original

kys pls

It's getting fucked in texas if you don't live in houstifornia, they just up and said, fix your shit or fuck off finally.

I will when a better archival solution is found than something that nearly removed all 8ch archives at the behest of rainbowhairs and when Mark gets off his ass and stops filtering stupid things.

I wonder if this will work as well as Pokemon go did, Sun and Moon isn't this years biggest seller because of it's quality.

New Zealand has anti monopoly practices in place where the countries main Telecom is forced to lease it's lines cheaply to competing businesses, I'm not sure if it's made a difference but I pay about $90US for unlimited VDSL, a landline with free national calls and my Mobile plan which is shit, but eh all mobile plans are. I live in the country so I can't get fibre.

Unlimited data plans for phones exist, but you have to have gotten one at least five or so years ago, and just keep renewing the old plan. It would be a breach of contract for them to alter the plan without your consent, or not allow you to renew it, or whatever. So they usually try to trick people out of their plans by offering new ones that are cheaper per month (for the first few months or up to a certain data limit, or other fine-print shit) or have some other benefits, and of course stuff like claiming the old plan won't work on newer phones.

That said, my roommate and I pay like $150/month for an unlimited cable/internet package; the internet sure isn't good enough for me to play modern online multiplayer games, but I wouldn't be doing that, anyway. There is LITERALLY NO OTHER data provider in the entire fucking county — it's an unchallenged monopoly — so it's not like I could do much about it, anyway.

didn't it come out a couple weeks (months?) ago that it's a honeypot?

set up your own
There's guides for it.

Ausfag, currently paying $99/month for 100/40 unlimited

FUCKING SAGED

It's 7 years old m8

I'm still kind of mad desu. But it's pretty clear he just wanted to get it over with since he had long since moved to better things at Marvel.

It's still not as much of travesty as how Bob and George ended.

one of cdpr guys went there for some open world arpg project
my bet it's dying light 2.0 in middle ages

You mean the recolor comic that fucking predates Sonic recolors? I take it the cataclysm flashes were never finished?

I have unlimited Gigabyte internet connection

The first world

how could such a simple game take up that much bandwidth? bullshit

In other words, it crashes plan(e)s with 0 survivors or so.

tl;dr mario eats 70 mb per hour of gameplay

mario eats 70 megabytes of spaghetti per hour

Serves people right for paying $10 to play games on their phone.

No, but if a site has files with an exploit it can send IPs.

Every single country on Earth. There aren’t unlimited data plans on the cheap (or at all) anywhere, dipshit.

And yet the piece of shit slows it down, how they fucked up so hard?

Speak for yourself, homo.

Pokemon go only overheated your phone instead. I was experimenting with it and my Galaxy S5 would go into "save itself from heat-death" throttle mode if I let it run for 30 minutes. I took off the rear cover and attached an old heatsink to the battery and extended the play time to an hour before it overheated. This was during the summer, but it was maybe 75 degrees out.

Mobileshit Nintentoddlers need to be gassed

As shitty as that mother is for trying to get her daughter trending on Twitter, that was kind of heartwarming.

user do you have sauce on that please?

calling them norm1es was fucking coined by pleddit becasue they can't use the -fag suffix there.
Using it on imageboards just outs you as a redditor, as does your spacing

Feels good to be me

Nah m8, I've still got this screencap kicking around from last year, before Reddit even picked up the term. It wasn't ever normalfags here until Reddit picked up the term and 8/v/ and 8/pol/ decided to "imageboardize" the term by sticking to the less-popular normalfags.

Mind you that last I recall the term came from Wizardchan in the first place, where it was "normalfags" with "norm1es" and "normals" as a shorthand with Wizardchan's FAQ to this day offering "norm1es" as an alternative term in use. I did also find a Crasstalk article about Wizardchan with a comment using "norm1es", dated 132 weeks or 2.75 years ago, so around spring of 2014 which again is well before Reddit found out about the term.

But that's a lie. The finance world lives and dies by those underwater cables and no cost is too high for them. Some firms on wall street paid billions of dollars too get fibre lines to Europe just to shave of thousands of seconds on stock trading latency. The infrastructure is far from being taxed, majority of cables under the sea are fibre and have near unlimited bandwidths, well maintained, protected with any cut lines repaired within a week or two which is pretty insane.

Reddit, Tumblr and cuckchan have adopted the term as a more friendly term.
And its been overused so much so that even legit normalfags from Facebook and 9GAG use it.

I haven't actually seen it in Reddit use in some time, honestly. I see more screaming that it's ruined forever because Reddit touched it than I do it being used by the site.

Oh, that and it migrated to Tumblr and 4chan explicitly from 8ch crossposters. Almost forgot.

Facebook and 9gag are trickle-downs for 4chan maymays and always have been anyways, though the speed with which they caught on is pretty impressive.

That's just as bad. Wizfags should go back.

Google both Reddit and nornies.

Immediate results "r/norm1es", a subreddit that's been inactive for two months and seems to've been niche to begin with, and ditto for "r/norm1elogic" which was abandoned 5 months ago. Results from before that time seem largely to be in the domain of subreddits that closely watch(ed) and discuss(ed) 4chan and 8ch, and overall activity suggests that it wasn't ever really in site-wide use. If you can find a nexus of appreciable activity where it's still in common use I'm all ears since I'm not finding much that's relevant to recent memory.

I'd say Hotwheels but he's too busy snorting coke off a hooker's ass in the pig-farm.

>>>/ifunny/

I'm amazed that board even exists, let alone has more than one post on it.

Anyone who buys a portable surveillance device (smartphone) is retarded in the first place. They deserve it.

encyclopediadramatica.se/NORP

normalfag is a term invented by reddit faggot its always been normalfag

Shit I ment *normalfag

Wordfilter claims another victim.
F

mine is unlimited, only 30$ for half a year
eat shit, burgers

Holy fuck, I pay 100dollaroos for 8/0.8 with a datacap of 500gb

Quelle surprise.

where is the fucking archive link

>NINTENDO ONLINE MOBILE GAMES