Guild Wars

Where's the thread for the best online game ever made? Are any of you still playing this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did you post a pic from world of guilds?

The game might be shit, that doesn't mean the art is though

I still play it (have it open right now in fact) but it's pretty damn dead.

Oh man, guild wars 1 was one hell of a griefing paradise.

It's also one of the only game I played where you could say give me your money and I'll double it, and have it actually work.

Other than various sorts of griefing the game was really great, actually being able to dodge arrows by sidestepping, build variety and different pvp mode.
Some builds very pretty fucking retarded though, like when factions came out and their was that other vampiric touch skill so people just played Ranger/Necro just spamming the two vampiric touches and running/dodging skill.
The silliness never stopped.

Yeah, apart from griefing and ripping off kids, GW1 was legit one of the best PvP games i've ever played. The amount of possible builds and teambuilds was great. One of the few games where buff, debuff etc skills were just as important as actual damage skills. PvE wasn't bad either, loved the fact that you had to defeat bosses to get their elite skills, and some challanges were still hard as fuck even with monk or ritualist near immortal tank builds.

I wouldn't mind booting it again, but they banned me for no reason. No response back either from last time. I still have access to GW2 for some reason.

Yeah, you botted, don't need to hide that here.

Anyways you can use GW2 support for GW1 issues (GW1 has no dedicated support form anymore, you go through the GW2 guy) and they'll unban if you ask nicely; there's a general one-time-only amnesty for GW1 regardless of what players were banned for.

Not me. I got more than enough of my fill of the game in the process of getting GWAMM. Redoing the content isn't fulfilling, and there's nothing new to look forward to. I may have only cleared DoA, UW, Urgoz, and Kanaxai once each and paid someone to finish FoW for me, but I could never get into playing the gimmick builds that farm that content.

Let me propose a problem and a question for those who are familiar with the game. One reason that it was hard for the devs to continue making the game was because of how many skills were being introduced with each campaign, plus the additional classes each time. How could this have better been limited from the beginning to prevent this from getting out of hand? GW was inspired by MtG in the sense that players were given access to large sets of skills (cards) and chose the ones to fit into their builds (decks). MtG rotates cards in and out in seasons. Could a rotation of available skills work thematically within an RPG or MMO?

Touch Ranger was fun as fuck, don't hate. Plus that's an excellent example of the kinds of cool shit that could be done through the use of the dual profession system, which the sequel notably lacks (both the system and the cool shit).

It was fun as fuck but you gotta admit that the only reason this build could exist was their "each expansion is standalone" idea and their solution on how it would impact gameplay and skills.

Just not adding in more classes would have been enough. Granted you'd probably still want more skills, but extra classes, I'd say, were really the biggest problem. Extra skills generally don't make that big of a difference in overall balance but new classes can severely fuck things up, especially when they add new mechanics or skill types; and if you don't make them significantly different than existing professions, there's not a whole lot of reason to have them at all.

It's true that new professions were part of the appeal of an expansion, but the problems they created outweighed this, I'd say. And you can still have a measure of "new profession excitement" if the base number of character slots is lower than the number of professions, meaning players are limited in how many of the existing professions they can play (as primary) and when they get the expansion they get another slot, encouraging them to make a character in the new campaign as one of the existing professions they didn't have yet.

The existing balancing already covers that. Skills get buffed and nerfed. Old builds leave the meta and new ones enter. Sometimes functionality changed altogether which is basically the same as rotating a card out and rotating a new one in - in GW, they just keep the name and icon.

And those faggots nerfed my elite skill to an enchantment with other shit.
To this shit

Backfire

Why?

Cant remember fighting a mesmer that used that on me while running that build

They changed some skills to give different amounts of it and to be more powerful while exhausted/overcast, I think it was just to reflect that exhaustion/overcast was no longer purely negative, which exhaustion implies. Since there's now an incentive to have a bit of your bar overcast in some elementalist builds.

I feel like it was called Warmog's, but I know for a fact that that's not right because that's an item from League

Also

What was your favorite Elite armor? I only ever played a Necromancer and wore Rebel that I dyed eight different colors because I was a fourteen year old retard.

You're thinking of Slaver's Exile.

I liked the female Ranger Elite Studded Leather and the male Warrior Elite Kurzick Armour

Take a load of this tiny kurdick

look at my max spec felblade you poor faggots

Cool death penalty

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Epeen circle jerking over skins was big part of GW1 pve.

Yeah, but it's not a particularly rare or expensive skin.

it was the most expensive skin in the game before factions

The game's dead, let's just reminisce good times.

Like shadow prison assasssasasasasasssins in pvp.

And you can't even find GW1 videos on jewtube because all it finds is cancerous gw2.

Yeah, but it's not anymore. Gotta rustle up something better than that these days.

tears in rain

Truly these are the dark times.

Me botted? You wish. I only still have bare minimum stuff. The only time I think someone got into my account was an email for 2 step authentication for GW2 from some unknown location.

if anyone needs any spears or minipets lets me know

This nigga right here.

Zero. He's not even allowed to have these degenerate thoughts when Ignis is around. Being around Ignis makes you manlier.

how many people are currently playing?

Sauce pls

Publisher dose it. Sales will be reduced but at the same time Team Ico wouldn't really exist without Sony/Japan studio so it;s a two way street, it's exclusive because it has to be to exist in a way.

The entire story is told through gameplay, there's like 3 cutscenes in the game and for a game with no real combat, it being able to get my heart pumping multiple times is a testament to it's game design. It's very good.

Thank god the game isn't completely VR focussed.

Alone. Like everything else I do.

Thank god the game isn't completely VR focussed.

More than people playing in GW2.

Claymore is a good early weapon that you get on the bridge right after Taurus Demon. Zweihander is slow but good and you get it in the area before the Catacombs. Pyromancy sucks until you meet the Chaos sister so don't worry about it yet.

Estus will go up to 10 if you rest at a bonfire with a Firekeeper, which is why you have 10 in Firelink but 5 most other places.

Being human, as in reversing at a bonfire, allows for online play. Being hollow means no one can invade you. If you're human you can summon other players and help others with their games after speaking with Solaire. You can also bump up your Estus flasks by 5 for every time you kindle, which would require 2 humanity. 1 for being human, and another for kindling.

Not only we're getting spammed again but we're getting spammed with ds faggotry.

Tell me your stories of silly 9yo assassins trying to get you in pvp and failing.

We memed Trump into office, let's hope we can meme his career back

Looks like somebody is butthurt about something if they've gone to this much work to make a bot that copies other people's posts and shoves them in unrelated threads.

dropped

For all of the fuss that was made about GW not having jumping and GW2 having it, it really has done fuck all in terms of making GW2 a better game.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Bump?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Imagine being a normalfag starting up this game, hopefully with at least some patch installed.
I seriously can't picture a regular gamer ever continuing past the first 20 minutes of this game if they were smart enough to start with the tutorial.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Gonna hazard a guess and say that retard has something terrible happen to him.

Come on, it's 2016, you can get out of your closet now.

And GW2… is frustrating. There are bits in it I like, but it mostly feels like wasted potential.

I was playing GW2 with my gf , and after cringe-laughing at the story, she told me that the game was a disgrace and that she wants to buy me GW to try the true experience.

The class-mixing sounds neat, but i have two worries about the game being old:

1. Are people still playing?
2. I fear that the developers will pull the plug, and without having a private server tool, the money would be wasted.

Hope you can tell me if i'm a faggot for worrying too much or those are real concerns

I dont remember the bow being THAT bad, but after the pet patch, it was way more fun using pet and with some bow skills combo.

The place is not that dead, but you can do all the content alone, you can use henchman or heros in your party, if you have a partner its more easy to do the missions.
My brother and me did all the campaings alone with heros.
I dont think they would kill the servers yet, they put that shit in autopilot for now.
So yeah, its worth the shekels, buy into GW and have fun.

kys
Sort of. You can't PUG your way through the game (have to play with AI or friends) and most outposts will be empty or occasionally having someone present. However, there is a small community of veterans and a player economy.
They won't. GW1 is fully automated and takes no manpower to maintain, and since both GW1 and GW2 run on virtual machines in the same system, GW1 takes only as much resources as needed for the size of its community; in other words it doesn't really cost them anything to leave up, and they gain occasional sales of GW1 for GW2 content you can earn in GW1.

thanks for the info, i'm surely going to give it a try then

Its not even the expansion pack

bump

do this people know anything about subletly? Third pic is so hamfisted that it made me cringe

Sadly not. The other issue is the inability to tell them to fuck off if, perhaps, you wanted to fucking role play as someone who doesn't like trannies.

I wonder what happened at Arenanet to warrant this new development team.

The old team moved on with life.

I hated that bullshit about the pets, needing to buy them with gems and then they did the dedicated pet shit making them more expensive

The desire for a larger profit. Marketing GW2 as a WoW killer and dumbing down the game made them a lot more in the short term than an improved GW1 would have.

No it didnt, they got their shekels with the whole store system where you need to buy gems with gold or real money to get new skins/pets/consumables/bags/biggerbankspace and implementing the market system to "stop" people getting scammed.
If those faggots made GW1 HD we would had got a fun and those damn jews would get their shekels with the whole shop system, but no, they hired idiots to make a shitty game.
oh but when the gw2 store is broken/buggy it gets fixed fast using the best techs the industry has to offer