Gaming Keypads

Buying a gaming keypad for a young lad who has only played PC games with a full sized keyboard.

Any game recommendations to help him "get used" to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/49pmrViN
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

…don't?
What the fuck are you doing?
The only thing you need on PC is a mechanical keyboard.
It has to be sturdy, and that's it.

What's even the point of buying a gaming keypad? Also…

Unless this lad plays older games that don't allow for rebinding of keys, don't. Seriously, that's all they're useful for is games that don't allow rebinding, or video editing shortcuts. No, really. Know a few video editors that use speed pads like that for shortcuts rather than Ctrl/Alt combinations

>Playing PC games with anything other than a full sized keyboard

top kek brother, top kek.

Get the logitech g13. The joystick makes a huge difference plus the buttons near the joy stick feel better. I can post the "left handed mouse" profile when i get back to my computer tomorrow.

No doubt people that buy that sort of shit also think having a numpad is good

How can you consider a numpad bad?
Even if you don't have a job that has you frequently punching part numbers and order numbers into computers constantly, like me, how do you not find the numpad useful?
Everybody types numbers, and that's the best way to do it.

Nigger, you what?

I got a Tartarus and I only use it for digital painting/3D modeling. It's pretty redundant for gaming. Some games might work better with it, but most I'm perfectly happy using a keyboard.

These are only worth getting if you play something like GTAV all day and absolutely need the analogue stick for driving but dont want to be a controller retard. Except the one in your image isn't even an analogue stick. Kill yourself.

nobody taught this nigger how to numpad, i feel kinda sad for him.

also back in the day i aimed with the numpad

But he's right.

That isn't a stick. It's a D-Pad.

Do what I did and slam a joystick from a broken controller under the keyboard

why

I own an orbweaver, and also tried the Logitech g13, I made a huge writup on this for somebody a while ago, here it is in a pastebin OP:

pastebin.com/49pmrViN

These are far more ergnomic and comofrtable to use, and a d-pad (if in feel only) and especially an analog stick is superior to WASD for movement.

Name a single game where you need more then 19 keys.

forgot my other image

Don't. Gaming keypads are a meme, and not very effective. A keyboard works perfectly fine.

Any RTS. Tie Fighter. Any flight simulator. Quite a few FPS, actually, use more than 19 keys. You're fucking retarded, just get an ergonomic keyboard you moron. The analog stick is good for 3rd person games, I suppose, but WASD (or whatever up down left right option you prefer) is superior for 1st person by far. You can strafe much faster with WASD, by being capable of switching directions much quicker than an analog.

ARMA

do you have a stroke? I've been noticing that you've been doing this a lot lately.

stay safe user :/

I was here before /new/ become /stormfront/. Twitter/eceleb threads are not "their own kind of cancer" it's the exact same shit. You look at OPs post and you think that it's made without any kind of irony? It's just baiting a reaction, pure and simple. Nobody's conspiring with anyone, it's just shitposting. You're the only person to go "huuuuurrrrr Holla Forumstards actually believe this, that's why I go to reddit like a true intellectual, anybody who disagrees with my is a conspiracy theorist! All those threads made by Sonyponies who were very angry about Dork Souls getting ported were absolutely not ironic!"

FeelsBadMan

came here to post this

It might be 'cheap'? But it fucking sucks for anyone that actually uses your fucking electronics you dumb fucks

fbf, please do more fanart contest and have your future upgaming games as the prize.

(contd.)
Before and after.

Fuck plastic like this.

Mechanics aside, look at the activity itself. Hunting a deer IRL doesn't stop being fun after the first time, and that's the mentality MH fans have. We're okay with hunting monsters more than once because it's still hunting monsters.

They seem to be getting closer and closer to a sweet spot where you'd get what you need before you get bored with each new iteration, though. High hopes for MHXX.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

I started playing arkham Knight yesterday, I played until I told Gordon about Barbara working for batman. I just didn't feel like playing anymore, it wasn't fun at all.
Although, having been spoiled about the identity of the antagonist might have ruined it a bit. But I doubt I'll pick it up again

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I think Jack-o was tower defense.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

The patch that removed music and content from the game. Other than that, nothing.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

remember - no homo